New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,482 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Boundless Wonder, Endless Strife. [IC]

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    The Hippotaur continued to squeeze the Lizangel tightly. The flames licked at both of their bodies, slowly ticking down their health, but the Lizangel's fell faster that the Hippotaur.

"Before long, the battle will be finished." Nettal said.
    The Lizangel screamed as it's health ticked down below 40%... And suddenly slowed. The Lizangel was still suffering crushing damage, but the Hippotaur was hurting more from the heat than the Lizangel was taking from the crushing.

The secret card that had been hidden for most of the game revealed itself.

Rapid Adaptation: If a form of damage does more than 25% over the course of a battle, then the creature becomes immune to it. This card activates once the creature goes below 40% health.

He's immune to elemental damage now. Ombra grinned. He may yet turn this around...

((This is starting to drag on - I'm fine with the Hippotaur winning [losing my last infusion in a game seems oddly fitting] but if you don't mind could I type up the actual post where he does?))
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Barbarian in the Playground

Belsheroth's Mansion

"I am Gwyn and I am Belsheroth's niece. If I could I'd give him some energy to help him recover."

The Former Free Cities

"Apologies Sire, I thought you were briefed. This city suffered from the presence of a monster that transmitted whatever curse mutated it with its bite. The knights killed them all after the City Guard opened the gates asking for our aid. However, the higher echelons of the city's command structure would not open the gates until nine out of ten people had died. We now estimate that only a paltry 10,000 civilians still live within this city."

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll leave it up to you when they arrive at the council's palace.

Calasanctium Kingdom

The knight sat down, "I admit Captain Eric's reasoning for that eludes me, but he has never led us astray before."

Training with Gwyn

The crown of Gwyn's head collided with Sophia's face, Sophia bowled over gasping for breath, "Ow,"

"Get up Sophia, the enemy you will face knows nothing of honor."

Sophia grimaced, I thought the old Knight's sergeant at arms was bad.

She stood on shaking knees. Gwyn frowned, they had been going at this for an equivalent of three days straight, "All right, rest for now."

Sophia collapsed while Gwyn conjured some water and food for her. Unconciously Sophia looked beside her, there was a blood stain from where Thomas had lain. Gwyn had transported his body back to Ice-kin lands, just before they started sparring. Her encounter with the werewolf could have so easily gone the other way, she had been way too lucky.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Yes,"

"Why me?"

"I am not a goddess that hides things Sophia, I already told you why."

"Yeah, but there are other knights, better knights that have those virtues."

"Yes, but there are no others with the spark."

"Huh?"

Gwyn shook her head, "For now, finish your meal and rest. You will discover the spark before our time is done."

Spoiler
    Show
    Gwyn will bring them to the mouth of the cave (under the guise of the Crone) just after Gwyn's done training Sophia. Unless Hipho wants one of his Lloyas to help them along.
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-07-05 at 12:15 AM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Your blood for the murder of my Father? How petty...
    He created us better than that.
    And as for the mantle of death... You took that up long ago. But no... It is not the desire of my people that you should fulfil Belsheroth's role, merely that you speak on our behalf among the Gods and protect us such that our purpose, more sacred than any other, can be fulfilled.
    In return, we shall serve you.

Anzhela bowed to Kiloasa and offered unto him her sword.
    No one purpose is any more sacred than another. That is the first thing you will learn when you serve me. The Arch-Druid replied. In all honesty, I have no use for you. Whatever tasks I need handled on the mortal plane are performed by my Wildlings, and whatever needs doing in the Void and elsewhere I can do myself.

You will work in rotations. One fourth of the Belsherai will work to restore and repair the damage done to the Lokab Goblins at all times. The ten highest ranking Belsherai will serve as my attendants at all times, until you are released from my service. The rest may continue ferrying souls wherever they are bound.

While the Belsherai work in the former Empire, they will not preach. They will spread no words nor philosophies to the people. This is an act of penance. You will serve to repair what your father has broken. Is this understood?

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Over the Lokab Empire

There was a meteor shower that night, the sky filled with celestial sparks.
    But unknown to the inhabitants below, huddled in their homes behind barricaded doors, this was a blessing in disguise.
    Tiny fragments of crystalline dust fell over the houses and were breathed in by Goblins.
    At once, the minds of the lucky few were filled with knowledge. Knowledge of healing and protection, unrivalled by all save the Church of Belsheroth.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm writing a lot of characters right now, and I'm having trouble keeping track of all of them. So if you want to write up about these Goblin "clerics" I'm fine with that. Just make sure they're goblins first, and clerics second. I'd be happy to PM you about the culture they come from.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    The Lizangel screamed as it's health ticked down below 40%... And suddenly slowed. The Lizangel was still suffering crushing damage, but the Hippotaur was hurting more from the heat than the Lizangel was taking from the crushing.

The secret card that had been hidden for most of the game revealed itself.

Rapid Adaptation: If a form of damage does more than 25% over the course of a battle, then the creature becomes immune to it. This card activates once the creature goes below 40% health.

He's immune to elemental damage now. Ombra grinned. He may yet turn this around...

((This is starting to drag on - I'm fine with the Hippotaur winning [losing my last infusion in a game seems oddly fitting] but if you don't mind could I type up the actual post where he does?))
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not sure what you mean by last post, but if you want to write up an end to the fight, go ahead. Probably ought to end it with the Limit Break. I need to move Nettal on to bigger and better things anyway.

The Explorer's Guild

Kuruk walked up to the counter. "We need maps, sea charts, atlases. The best you've got. I have a feeling this should cover it." He pulled a large black pearl out of his pocket and set it on the counter. it gleamed in the light, perfectly flawless. In all honesty, Kuruk could probably buy half of Freeport with a pearl like that.

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not sure what you mean by last post, but if you want to write up an end to the fight, go ahead. Probably ought to end it with the Limit Break. I need to move Nettal on to bigger and better things anyway.
    Spoiler
    Show
    And Ombra needs to get back to DOING stuff again What was the last 'secret' card? the game's supposed to make every one of the user's cards factor in to some point in the fight.

The Lizangel's strength wasn't great enough to rip out on it's own, but the hippotaur couldn't keep crushing it if it wanted to live - the flames were too strong. It released the Lizangel, and the winged lizard took to the air once more. The Lizangel flapped it's now-dried wings (yay fire!) and flew above the hippotaur. The latter glared at the winged lizard-man and readied it's blade.

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, and yeah, I meant I wanted to end the fight
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    And Ombra needs to get back to DOING stuff again What was the last 'secret' card? the game's supposed to make every one of the user's cards factor in to some point in the fight.

The Lizangel's strength wasn't great enough to rip out on it's own, but the hippotaur couldn't keep crushing it if it wanted to live - the flames were too strong. It released the Lizangel, and the winged lizard took to the air once more. The Lizangel flapped it's now-dried wings (yay fire!) and flew above the hippotaur. The latter glared at the winged lizard-man and readied it's blade.

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, and yeah, I meant I wanted to end the fight
    Spoiler
    Show
    In order for my last card to activate, the Hippotaur has to die. It's called Barghest Soul, and it turns him into one of Vargulls wrath spirit thingies.

"LIMIT BREAK" appeared over the Hippotaur's head. A flash of wild blue energy shot out of its forhead in all directions, an untamed sphere of magical destruction.

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yeshon View Post
    Belsheroth's Mansion

"I am Gwyn and I am Belsheroth's niece. If I could I'd give him some energy to help him recover."
    You can fix Starlight? But Starlight is not broken, he is hurt. Hurts fix themselves.

Spoiler
    Show
    Again, Brightfire shows off her lack of understanding.

The Former Free Cities

"Apologies Sire, I thought you were briefed. This city suffered from the presence of a monster that transmitted whatever curse mutated it with its bite. The knights killed them all after the City Guard opened the gates asking for our aid. However, the higher echelons of the city's command structure would not open the gates until nine out of ten people had died. We now estimate that only a paltry 10,000 civilians still live within this city."

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll leave it up to you when they arrive at the council's palace.
    Stephen found the Knight's response a touch suspicious, but he could not work out how.
    Please make certain in future that further correspondence leaves no uncertainty. Purposefully misleading the Sovereign is treason after all. Wouldn't want some overzealous judge have the leadership of your order executed...
    They rode the rest of the way in silence and soon arrived at the palace in the city's heart.

Calasanctium Kingdom

The knight sat down, "I admit Captain Eric's reasoning for that eludes me, but he has never led us astray before."
    Very well then. I'll order some clerics South to assist the local clerics in their duties.
    Now, is there any other business?

Spoiler
    Show
    Gwyn will bring them to the mouth of the cave (under the guise of the Crone) just after Gwyn's done training Sophia. Unless Hipho wants one of his Lloyas to help them along.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I've got no problem with that.

No one purpose is any more sacred than another. That is the first thing you will learn when you serve me. The Arch-Druid replied. In all honesty, I have no use for you. Whatever tasks I need handled on the mortal plane are performed by my Wildlings, and whatever needs doing in the Void and elsewhere I can do myself.

You will work in rotations. One fourth of the Belsherai will work to restore and repair the damage done to the Lokab Goblins at all times. The ten highest ranking Belsherai will serve as my attendants at all times, until you are released from my service. The rest may continue ferrying souls wherever they are bound.

While the Belsherai work in the former Empire, they will not preach. They will spread no words nor philosophies to the people. This is an act of penance. You will serve to repair what your father has broken. Is this understood?
    Work in silence? We do that already. But note that this is not an act of penance for us.
    I will call your attendants now.

Silently, she spoke out to the nine Belsherai that followed her in age.
    Hazael, Israfil, Cunaen, Morwenna, Jesaphina, Zerachiel, Lunadria, Cynthaia, Vanyanil. We are to attend to the will of Lord Kiloasa at all times.
    Nine winged figures, clad in long black hooded cloaks over their enamelled armour appeared behind Anzhela. They bowed, as did Anzhela.
    We are the eldest and most powerful of the Belsherai. The Council of Archangels if you so desire to refer to us as that.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll spend the AP to create their council when I get my Pantheon AP, whenever that is.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm writing a lot of characters right now, and I'm having trouble keeping track of all of them. So if you want to write up about these Goblin "clerics" I'm fine with that. Just make sure they're goblins first, and clerics second. I'd be happy to PM you about the culture they come from.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Please do. It would be a shame to write a post about Goblin Clerics that doesn't do them justice.
    Just note that the divine power they use to fuel their abilities will originate from Belsheroth. But that does not necessarily mean that they will know that.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoAvenger View Post
    The Fertile Valley

The Elthien thinks about the offer for a moment, turning to his girlfriend for input. "That does sound very intriguing..." he says, glancing at Cera for approval. "It would be interesting to see how they live from the inside. They certainly are very new." He turns back to his girl, looking for a definitive answer. "It could be good." His girlfriend says to him, looking up. "Alright." he says with resolve "I'd love to. By the way, I'm Randon, and this is my fiance, Ella."
    The Fertile Valley

I am First-Touched.....this is First-Fell.....Last-Bred.....and Bright-Coat he gestures to each Lloya as says their names. Each Lloya in turn stands up on their hind legs and bows their head when their names are said. We can leave.....whenever you are ready......be prepared for an.......interesting time.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

8. - Top - End - #1478

The Fertile Valley

Randon smiles at the time being interesting and says "We don't really have many possessions- we can be ready now." It is fairly clear at this point that he is more of a spokesperson for himself and Ella than she is. Looking happy, Ella says "I must ask what your names mean, they are all so... distinctive."

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Troll in the Playground

Vargull, Avaricia

After some more fine tuning, Vargull grinned. "It is decided then, lead me to the daemon who shall bring this message, I have a gift for him."

Cherubael presented to Vargull an Avaricia, the one who had been chosen to carry the message. Vargull pulled forth from himself a portion of his power, which the Avaricia would use in binding the contract.

As he took it, the daemon known as Profaniti smiled.

'Captain Eric' Calsanctium Kingdom

Profaniti appeared in the Calsanctium Kingdom, before Captain Eric, trying not to startle him too much. If the Wolf god had spoken true, he would not have to abandon this promising business, but still he was pragmatic enough to avoid an... offensive confrontation. "Greetings Captain Eric, I take it you know who, or rather, what I am. I come bearing potential gifts."

Spoiler
    Show
    I am assuming Captain Eric is alone, or at least not in the company of many people, Profaniti would have waited for an appropriate time to meet him, if this isn't the case either assume he meets him later, or I can edit this post
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

10. - Top - End - #1480

Belsheroth's Mansion

"He does recover on his own... but if I leave him now, he will awaken weakened. Please let me attend him."

The Explorer's Guild

Hans takes out a cylindrical device and examines the pearl. He keeps an excellent poker face, "Hmm, this is definitely worth a map, an atlas too, sea charts... why not I'm feeling generous!"

He keeps a poker face, but he can't insult such an exquisite pearl by saying it wasn't worth at least that much.

He pulled out a beautiful ruby (more valuable than pearls on the Hidden Isle, but no here). He tosses it to Willy, "Take this to Big Momma my boy. It ought to take care of her share."

"Bu-"

"I promise they'll be here until you get back, off you go my boy!"

Reluctantly, Willy leaves.

Hans looks at Kuruk all mirth gone from his face, "Now that he is gone we may speak candidly, what are your goals? And what type of ports would you like to prioritize?"

The Calasanctium Kingdom-Jennifer

The veiled threat didn't phase her, "of course not sir, the dispatcher must have been intercepted by a holdout group."

The Calasanctium Kingdom-'Captain Eric'

The Imposter was currently preparing to receive the king, he had warned the other knights that he was not to be disturbed.

He heard a voice behind him and turned to face the daemon, "I've already refused your offer of paradise on Earth, why do you come here again?"

The Council

The knight shook her head, "I have none to bring to this council's attention."
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-07-05 at 04:57 PM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

The Fertile Valley

First-Touched scratches his ear and thinks. I was the first Lloya who......came in contact with our creator......First-Fell is the first Lloya who teleported off the ground.....he fell.....Last-Bred is the youngest Lloya......Bright-Coat.....has a brightest coat of wool of all the Lloyas......what do your names mean?
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Troll in the Playground