New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: [Nexus] Home 11

1. - Top - End - #181
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 11

Kate's Apartment

Hm, nice normal apartment, sort of reminds Julie of her old place, only cleaner, and with fewer knick-knacks.

And- hey wait a second, is that a Magscout? Julie lashes out telekinetically in reflex, trying to send the little flying bot hurtling into the ceiling before she even realizes what it was doing at the time. She didn't have time to build up any force, but at the speed she's trying to fling it the hovering hoover may just acquire a new dent.

"Gah! I... oh wait, that's not a Magthing is it?"

".... Uh... whoops?"
    Julie puts on her best sheepish face. Hopefully she didn't break anything irreplaceable, or expensive.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

Fing! The thing makes a "skork!" noise, but by some miracle doesn't hit anything.

"Um, it's a mag cleaning bot that may exist in the future, in an alternate timeline. Don't worry about it, it once knocked the hammer off the fridge and flew away like nothing happened. I've never head it make that noise, though."

Sophie will retrieve a pen and paper. "Here you go."

3. - Top - End - #183

Kate's Apartment

Julie will take the writing implements and get to work penning a short note after muttering a sheepish apology.

Hi Kate,

Eric is back now, a bit different from before, but still in one piece and doing fine. The babies were finally delivered, both healthy girls, and whenever you had a spare moment I'd love it if you dropped by.

Yours Truthfully
    Julie

The succubus folds the note over once and lays it on the table next to the phone. That done, she turns her attention back to Sophie.

"Really sorry about the hassle. I'll be out of your hair in just a second. If you don't mind me asking, what does Kate get up to in her spare time?" Julie's fishing for information for some reason. Must have something in mind.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground

Defelent's House

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Defelent grins, and shall also move towards finishing his meal. Although he's doing it rather slowly, with one hand beneath the sheet. Whatever the hand is doing, it's making Tracy squirm and jump a fair bit.
    Naethalee frowns a little at noticing this. She doesn't move to stop him, but he might notice her disapproving expression!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

5. - Top - End - #185
    Orc in the Playground

Defelent's House

Defelent isn't paying enough attention to Naethalee to notice her disapproval. Meanwhile, the way that Tracy starts to giggle would suggest that he's tickling her somewhere.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

6. - Top - End - #186
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

"Um, not much. She used to do self defense training with a guy, Harnel, and walk in parks... apart from that, she looks up ways to better he coding and goes to GLoG. And once things start piling up, she forgets things. She's good at using her time, but not good at... optimizing it, I think."

Sophie does her little spidery shrug. "Why do you ask? She's been focusing on getting a job right now, if you were wondering why you haven't seen her."

7. - Top - End - #187

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Kate's Apartment

"Um, not much. She used to do self defense training with a guy, Harnel, and walk in parks... apart from that, she looks up ways to better he coding and goes to GLoG. And once things start piling up, she forgets things. She's good at using her time, but not good at... optimizing it, I think."

Sophie does her little spidery shrug. "Why do you ask? She's been focusing on getting a job right now, if you were wondering why you haven't seen her."
    Kate's Apartment

"Oh, no nothing like that. It's just that I was wondering when her birthday was, and wanted to surprise her with something nice. I could just make her something new to wear, but Kate doesn't strike me as the kind of person to enjoy my taste in clothes." Well, that was rather honest. Julie has gotten better with telling the truth, even if she has to be asked directly for it even now.

"Who's this Harnel guy anyway? The name sounds familiar." It should stick out more, belonging to one of the wealthiest people in the Nexus, but Julie has been living under a rock in GLoG for the past few months, so she's forgiven for not remembering.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

"Oh. I don't actually know when her birthday is... Not sure who the guy is, either. Apparently he got into a mix up with a being that's strong enough to pull people around willy-nilly and doesn't care about people. Kate just hit the "far side of the bell curve," as she sometimes says. She seems to hit said far side surprisingly often, all said and done."

Sophie hasn't been living under a rock, but it's not like she pays much attention to general going ons, anyway. If you want to know what's going on in the intelligent arachnid subculture, she's the one to ask.

9. - Top - End - #189

Kate's Apartment

Sadly, Julie wasn't even aware there were enough intelligent arachnids to form a subculture before this point, so she won't be asking many, if any, questions about that.

"Well, I should get going then, no reason to bother you any further. Tell Kate I said hello when you see her, alright?" Julie turns back towards the door, pausing to let Sophie respond before she goes.

Maybe this Harnel would have an idea or two. She still had plenty of time before Eric and Sophie (and isn't that confusing) expected her back. Surely she could find out where he held classes, and ask him a few questions. If Kate registered with him to learn martial arts, she'd have to write down that pesky birthday of hers, right?

10. - Top - End - #190
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

"Bye! Have a nice day."

Sophie will shut the door behind Julie.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Troll in the Playground

Defelent's House

Defelent isn't paying enough attention to Naethalee to notice her disapproval. Meanwhile, the way that Tracy starts to giggle would suggest that he's tickling her somewhere.
    Naethalee decides that, at this point, the best thing to do is to start tickling Defelent's ribs.

So that's exactly what she does.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

12. - Top - End - #192
    Orc in the Playground

Defelent's House

That gets a reaction. Defelent squirms and wriggles, laughing profusely. He's really very ticklish, though oddly he doesn't do anything to resist. Tracy smiles at the antics and shuffles over to avoid too much accidental whacks.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Troll in the Playground

{1312 Hidden Valley Road, A.K.A. Judy and Mint's home}

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Judy and Bianca sit in silence, neither not knowing what to say to one another.

And then at once, they begin to speak. WHhavate ydiodu ynoouticweadntnotoosnpeeealksetohaMsinttrieabdotuot?kill you?

They both stare at one another blankly, then begin laughing.
    Judy stands up. I have a sparring room downstairs. We can wait for Mint down there.

Bianca nods, and follows Judy. Noticing that Judy is still tense, You don't have to worry. I'm not here to harm either of you. I'm looking for something she may know how to get a hold of.

She is a demon, right?

((Judy waits to respond, until her player is reminded if Mint is a Demon, or a Devil. She always forgets. ))

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

Defelent's House

That gets a reaction. Defelent squirms and wriggles, laughing profusely. He's really very ticklish, though oddly he doesn't do anything to resist. Tracy smiles at the antics and shuffles over to avoid too much accidental whacks.
    Naethalee presses her advantage, grinning broadly and tickling fiercely, intending to do so until Defelent cries uncle!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #195
    Orc in the Playground

Defelent's House

Defelent continues to squirm and kick, though he makes no move of returning the tickles or of resisting. His laughs are loud, and he'd be red in the face if that weren't his usual condition anyway.

Naethalee may be surprised at this, but Defelent's laughter is shortly joined by Tracy's. She looks genuinely happy, and finds Defelent's plight amusing. She has a very pretty laugh, and the smile suits her very well.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Orc in the Playground

Judy and Bianca sit in silence, neither not knowing what to say to one another.

And then at once, they begin to speak. WHhavate ydiodu ynoouticweadntnotoosnpeeealksetohaMsinttrieabdotuot?kill you?

They both stare at one another blankly, then begin laughing.
    After a short time Min begins to come down the stairs, having a gun now concealed on her person.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Troll in the Playground

Judy stands up. I have a sparring room downstairs. We can wait for Mint down there.

Bianca nods, and follows Judy. Noticing that Judy is still tense, You don't have to worry. I'm not here to harm either of you. I'm looking for something she may know how to get a hold of.

She is a demon, right?

((Judy waits to respond, until her player is reminded if Mint is a Demon, or a Devil. She always forgets. ))
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinsar View Post
    After a short time Mint begins to come down the stairs, having a gun now concealed on her person.
    Mint will hear noises indicating that they have moved to the downstairs sparring room.

She will find the pair clashing a pair of very sharp looking katanas together.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

Defelent's House

Defelent continues to squirm and kick, though he makes no move of returning the tickles or of resisting. His laughs are loud, and he'd be red in the face if that weren't his usual condition anyway.

Naethalee may be surprised at this, but Defelent's laughter is shortly joined by Tracy's. She looks genuinely happy, and finds Defelent's plight amusing. She has a very pretty laugh, and the smile suits her very well.
    This does indeed surprise Naethalee, but it merely causes her to continue her efforts, smiling broadly at seeing Tracy's genuine delight. And she'll keep it up until finally, she has to pause to catch her own breath, grinning broadly.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #199
    Orc in the Playground

Defelent's House

Defelent continues to laugh uproariously as he is tickled, although he likely calls for a time out before Naethalee due to the fact he's laughing too hard to breathe. Either way, when he's caught his breath, "Heh... heh... That was fun."

Tracy starts to look worried, though- she's realised that she was laughing at her master and doesn't know how he will take it.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Bugbear in the Playground

Crab House

"Er, you two wouldn't happen to be married, would you? Cause as lovely and heart-touching as the whole "holy matrimony" thingymajiger is, it also means I need both your signatures to legally sell you this house!" True that. Silly real estate laws, stopping him from selling Dave the house! And from enslaving the world via a fiendishly complex web of loans and mortgages. But mostly the selling houses bit.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground

[Defelent's House]

Naethalee aims a reassuring smile in Tracy's direction before wrapping her arms around Defelent, pressing herself against him from behind. Having allowed the sheet to slip to her waist first.
    "You were adorable!" she tells him, grinning.
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2012-03-12 at 07:26 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #202
    Orc in the Playground

Defelent's House

"That was fun. Everybody needs to laugh every now and again; it's good for the soul. And being laughed at stops people from taking themselves too seriously, so don't worry Tracy." That last calms Tracy down quite a lot; she's much less nervous than she was not five minutes ago.

Also, Defelent's hugged from behind! He'd return it, but he can't reach very well.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Pixie in the Playground

[Crab House]

"You want me to sign that form?"

Clarissa incredulously inquires, a dash of "Are you serious?" peppering her saucy tone. She points at the contract, clearly disgusted. She hates paperwork with a passion. With more than a passion, really. More like with every fiber of her being. With an exasperated sigh, Clarissa pulls a portable summoning platform out of her pocket and tosses it onto the ground. Upon the completion of that task, it begins to expand exponentially, until it is a decent-sized summoning circle.

"Phone my personal assistant, Dale."

Clarissa commands, snapping her fingers twice impatiently.

Calling Dale.

A demon responds with a snarl.

After an instant's delay, the multi-eyed tentacle of a shoggoth flashes into existence, protruding out of a swirling black portal of pure malice! And doom! And legality!

Dale the lawyer-shoggoth attempts to snatch the binding agreement from the real estate agent, doing his best to read it over and telepathically duplicate it in its mind with a most reprehensible lack of respect for the realtor. He'll then attempt to forge a faultless copy of Clarissa's signature before attempting to pass it back to the realtor and withdrawing into the deep depths of the portal.

What a tame (enslaved) monster!
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2012-03-13 at 02:33 PM.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

[Silvery Ship]

The unconscious changeling will be transported here from the street in inside, still covered in glop and still sedated, as she will be for the next five hours. The SETs will have ample opportunity to do what they wish to her I suppose, so a timeskip can be done to the next point when the changeling's player's input is required.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Dwarf in the Playground

Silvery Ship

A bit later, the SETs will show up and get the goop off of her and do studies. Many scans will be taken! Very in-depth scans. Also, she will be stabilized to make sure she does not die. That's very important! She will still be kept under, but the potentially dangerous poison will be removed from her bloodstream.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

[Silvery Ship]

The poison is merely a sedative, so there's no worry about killing the changeling.

She's rather frail, but extremely dexterous even in her natural form. they'll also note the controlled instability of her body, right down to the genetic level - she could change her gender if she wanted to, grow scales, change height and weight. technically it's a magical effect, but it really is a physical change, that lasts as long as she wants it to be. depending on her level of control, she could even rearrange her organs and close wounds manually.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Dwarf in the Playground

Silvery Ship

That is so amazing. If they can, he SETs will take a sample and have much fun toying with it! So much fun! There will be a lot of childish giggling. Whee! Eventually, they will start to plan. If they can adapt some of their tech to respond to the magic...

Well, that's a big if, and the first thing they will test.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2012-03-13 at 10:27 PM.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

[Silvery Ship]

Different nerve impulses cause different responses in skin texture and it takes a lot of fine control to make it into a specific shape, but as long as it's not trying to mimic inorganic materials then they could very well. If they can somehow read neural pathways to understand the changeling's thought processes, they could see her instinctive knowledge of how it works, and thus utilize that.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Dwarf in the Playground

Silvery Ship

It takes a lot of tests to find out the details of the instincts (said tests may have the side-effect of some very odd dreams for the changeling) but they do. This is enough information for them to do a very interesting thing.

When the changeling wakes up, she will find that under her skin on her dominant hand (or right if she's ambidextrous) there is an odd layer of silvery material. It will morph with her, fitting under her skin (or like a glove) for what ever form she chooses. In addition, she will be able to morph it into most tools; like screwdrivers or saws. Or a knife, I guess. She could also form it into power tools like a drill or circular saw. More complex things will be much more difficult to make, and there is only so much mass to use, but those are really the only limits.

The aliens are nearby, playing rock-paper-scissors... and appear to be keeping track of the results.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

[Silvery Ship]

O.o

Immediately upon waking the changeling will realize that the glove thing is there under her skin, and will attempt to expel it. Instead, it just sort of changes with her, which causes her to freak out a little. Calming herself down by breathing a little, she says, "Alright, what the hell did you two do to me?"