New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 49 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXX: Trixie Treats!

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    So, the IRC chat just got attacked by MURDERPEDE!

Don't worry, he was sent back to his pokeball.

(In case you're wondering, that is where the craziness has gone.)
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboyinc View Post
    Ah, I was wondering why there was a severe lack of silliness in this thread.
    Aaah, I see.
    Bring it back please.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Disappointment = Not sure that it's worth living in a doom fortress which couldn't explode at any minute.
    I mean, what's the POINT?

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    Wiiiiiiiiin

Can't you, y'know, draw some ponies in harem outfits to speed up the process?

What would Griffon-Jayden look like in a harem outfit? I'm guessing 'angry'
    ...as I understand it, that'd do the OPPOSITE of bring him back. xD
    ...would make happy Lixie though. ;3

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    It must be said that the vibrational effect in a lot of sci-fi is waaay over-stated; it improves the cutting ability (for a given value of "cut"), not makes a blade into a fragging lightsabre.
    Amusingly, vibroblades are the primary non-lightsaber melee weapon in star wars. :P
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    I've got to try and find the themes on Youtube. Most videos I've seen have sound effects or people talking in the background. Can't get a good listen of them.
    Subscribe to RainbowCrash88's YouTube channel. He's the composer and has begun posting the themes up there. Just Applejacks so far but now that this preview is out we might get Twilight's too
    Last edited by Eakin; 2011-11-02 at 02:25 PM.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

3. - Top - End - #693

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    Though I am still worried the game could end up on the receiving end of a Cease & Desist from Hasbro...
    Hmmmm...I doubt it. While I am NOT all that versed in copywrite law, I do know that the main concern for Hasbro is "will this game cost us money" and "are these people making money off our property?"

Apparently, the game is free and they aren't even taking donations for it, so they aren't making any money off the game. I believe that they simply aren't worth Hasbro's time to go messing with and if worse comes to worse, tweak the names and the shades of colors on the ponies, call it a parody and you're protected for the most part there, as well.

As long as no money is being exchanged, I think they're good.
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

4. - Top - End - #694
    Ettin in the Playground

After some more work, here's another result of my little project.

Spoiler
    Show

Ninja Rarity is best Rarity.

5. - Top - End - #695
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Despite dentist drills working on exactly this principle?

I'm fine with both, BTW.

Also, anyone got more requests for OP, wants to be added, or is the matter closed? :P
    The only two things I can think of are a link to the IRC post by Titanium, and the link to the crazy twilight emote imgur.

Sorry, am still running around @ work so didn't have time to do a throrough check of previous threads to find them I'll do it this weekend unless someone else beats me to it.

6. - Top - End - #696
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    The game with the mecha was most likely Tech Romancer.
    Having looked up Tech Romancer, I doubt it. From what I remember, the game was 2D.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

7. - Top - End - #697
    Titan in the Playground

Oh dear, I actually went through the missed pages of ponythread in detail and found a bunch of stuff I wanted to reply to. This must be how SiuS feels all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpalbob View Post
    Huh-buh-duh-whah? Wow, this might actually become a thing.

If we're doing this, we should do a few things (not necessarily in this order):
    A) Figure out the medium
    B) Find out who wants to participate
    C) Start a thread for it
    D) Pick which episode(s) to do
    E) Start watching lots of MST3K and other riffers, to get a feel for the art.

I really hope this takes off!
    I will write more of this, but I haven't ever produced any online media and I'm not going to take the time to learn it. I'm supposed to be researching a paper on Korean law right now anyway. But yeah, if you want to make this happen I will commit to writing more bad puns. Also, setting me an arbitrary deadline is about 1000% more likely to result in work getting done (I choose not to specify the base number from which 1000% is improving).

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    I thought that was the point of Australia?

Also, I need a custom Exalted Limit break related to ponysanity. Care to help?
    Didn't see this get answered. So, first off, I think duck punch advanced Sidereal Martial Arts should almost surely be involved. Perhaps as a limit break, your character becomes overwhelmed by the realities of the world and turns their own arts on themselves, temporarily permanently transforming into a pony until their mind can be properly restored. This pony would, of course, be very brightly colored and retain many of the advantages of an exalt, but might have difficulty wielding a 30 foot long sword in his/her mouth. Twilight cast turns into unicorns, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    I mostly just don't want anypony to be uncomfortable, or this thread to get locked. I think Kpenguin was just joking earlier, but I'd prefer for that to remain the case

And now, less doomsday and more ponies. I have a question involving an OC. Her cutie mark is a rising tide. I'm curious what the thread's interpretation of that is. She's a pegasus pony, so she does not control the sea.
    Couldn't pegasus ponies potentially control the oceans and tides as well? They're in charge of the weather and the creation of large storms and hurricanes is related to conditions at sea, so it seems like pegasi, at least in large enough groups, could exert tidal influence in order to properly alter other weather conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Incomming tumblrbomb!

Duck and cover!

[SPOILER]
    Also, Fighting Is Magic posted a new update on the game:
    I'm definitely maining Twilight when this game comes out. That finisher

Also, I think this game looks somewhere about halfway between smash and Soul Caliber in overall difficulty. Smash had one button and some directional imputs whereas Fighting is Magic has multiple buttons in arcade style. But, it looks way easier than the Soul Caliber games, where you had to do button combos and frame by frame timing to even make certain moves come out. Also, the combos consisted primarily of basic attacks, chained into specials only at the end, so most everyone should be able to execute them if you learn the correct positioning.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    I have no problem with Vibro-Drills. A vibro-drill weapon is something that I would definately call Rule of Cool for. Just who the hell do you think I am? And so on.

If nothing else, it just sounds a lot less like it would end up exploding if used in an actual combat situation.
    Must...resist...ah forget it
    GIGA DRILL BREAK!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    Subscribe to RainbowCrash88's YouTube channel. He's the composer and has begun posting the themes up there. Just Applejacks so far but now that this preview is out we might get Twilight's too
    You didn't subscribe already for all the awesome 8-bit music?

Quote Originally Posted by Atreyu the Masked LLama View Post
    Hmmmm...I doubt it. While I am NOT all that versed in copywrite law, I do know that the main concern for Hasbro is "will this game cost us money" and "are these people making money off our property?"

Apparently, the game is free and they aren't even taking donations for it, so they aren't making any money off the game. I believe that they simply aren't worth Hasbro's time to go messing with and if worse comes to worse, tweak the names and the shades of colors on the ponies, call it a parody and you're protected for the most part there, as well.

As long as no money is being exchanged, I think they're good.
    I don't have an answer for this at the moment, but I thought I would point out that I'll be taking a course entirely on copyright law this spring, so it's possible I might actually know something about all this stuff by the end of the fiscal year. Of course, being a law student ironically means I can't actually give legal advise to anyone ever without opening myself to massive liability, but I can probably still comment on stuff.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

8. - Top - End - #698
    Titan in the Playground

Strange question time: Would you say that Big Macintosh has an accent, beyond his characteristic "Eeyup"? (and what about Applebloom, while we're at it?)

I've listened to his speaking at the beginning of Applebuck Season, and I'd say he doesn't seem to have an accent, and definitely not the same as Applejack. I'd say the same of Applebloom, it seems that it is only Applejack who speaks that way.

And yet I've seen at least Applebloom given the same accent as Applejack in fanfics and comics. I haven't read a lot of BigMac/Applebloom stories, and haven't paid much attention to their speech in the ones I have read, so I'm not sure how widespread this is.

So my question really is, is Big Macintosh usually given an accent in fanfics even though he doesn't have one in the show? And if so, might it seem odd if a fic didn't give him an accent?

I'm currently writing a small Big Mac fic, and right now I've given him no accent. I kinda wondered a bit whether to change that.

9. - Top - End - #699
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Strange question time: Would you say that Big Macintosh has an accent, beyond his characteristic "Eeyup"? (and what about Applebloom, while we're at it?)

I've listened to his speaking at the beginning of Applebuck Season, and I'd say he doesn't seem to have an accent, and definitely not the same as Applejack. I'd say the same of Applebloom, it seems that it is only Applejack who speaks that way.

And yet I've seen at least Applebloom given the same accent as Applejack in fanfics and comics. I haven't read a lot of BigMac/Applebloom stories, and haven't paid much attention to their speech in the ones I have read, so I'm not sure how widespread this is.

So my question really is, is Big Macintosh usually given an accent in fanfics even though he doesn't have one in the show? And if so, might it seem odd if a fic didn't give him an accent?

I'm currently writing a small Big Mac fic, and right now I've given him no accent. I kinda wondered a bit whether to change that.
    i would say applebloom has the accent..just not as over the top as with applejack
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

10. - Top - End - #700
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    i would say applebloom has the accent..just not as over the top as with applejack
    Applebloom usually says "ah" instead of "I" and similar replacements but otherwise doesn't use the expressions or strong accept that Applejack has. Big Mactintosh probably has the weakest accent, although he speaks very slowly and deliberately so maybe he's just practicing to cover it up?
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

11. - Top - End - #701

Wow, I can still (just about, if I chuck some other stuff out) keep up with the thread. Might make it back at some point, though I suspect the IRC will not bleed off quite so much ponysanity in future. We'll just have to wait and see, eh?

Just popping in to say that I'm now typing up to the end of chapter three in my fanfic (Blood Brothers, I'll provide a link if you ask and are okay with grimdark and reading the story as it's being polished). Chapter four is between halfway and three-quarters done, depending on where I decide to end it.

Also, on a related note, I need a name for a pony. White-coated scientist, wears glasses. May or may not be Derpy's father from Bubbles (I think that was the name of the 'fic, it was sad and involved filly Derpy Hooves). Currently I've got 'im down as Mortar (as in the long-ranged weapon, and as in mortar and pestle), and that could certainly work. But I'd prefer the best name possible, rather than just working with something that still feels a bit off.

...Oh, right! Typing! Scion, away!

That is not how a villain should make an exit.

Nor should a villain have a pink DSi, that didn't stop me either. Away!

Edit: Also, could I get your opinions on the use of "moonlit" as a slightly more serious pony-curse (assuming "horseapples" is something a pony could get away with saying on the Equestrian equivalent of these boards, but that "moonlit" would be censored)? Is it fairly obvious? Would it work for the rare occasions in which a pony needed such a word? Is it good enough to let me get away with not using actual profanities (I scold myself for using such words, and tend to avoid saying them unless they're part of a quote)?
    Last edited by ScionoftheVoid; 2011-11-02 at 04:10 PM.

12. - Top - End - #702
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    Guys, remember.

Every time you make perverse jokes involving ponies, you make Nameless sad.
    ... He started it.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

13. - Top - End - #703
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Applebloom usually says "ah" instead of "I" and similar replacements but otherwise doesn't use the expressions or strong accept that Applejack has. Big Mactintosh probably has the weakest accent, although he speaks very slowly and deliberately so maybe he's just practicing to cover it up?
    Yeah, aside from speaking slowly it doesn't seem like he has any special accent. Sadly, "slow speech" isn't easy to represent in written form, which is why I figure it may be tempting to give him a slight accent to make up for it.

14. - Top - End - #704
    Ogre in the Playground

So. Guys.

Lord English appeared.

I want to see him as a pony. Or a diamond dog. Or maybe a dragon or something.

Uh, or just continue doing whatever you're doing. I'm cool with whatever.

15. - Top - End - #705
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    So. Guys.

Lord English appeared.

I want to see him as a pony. Or a diamond dog. Or maybe a dragon or something.

Uh, or just continue doing whatever you're doing. I'm cool with whatever.
    I'm fairly certain that making him a pony or a diamond droog would take away from how utterly terrifying that face is.

16. - Top - End - #706

Okay, apparently I suck at reading my own notes. Chapter two is finished, I'm less than midway through chapter three (not quite sure how many chapters it will finish at, probably five, maybe six at a stretch).

17. - Top - End - #707
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboyinc View Post
    I'm fairly certain that making him a pony or a diamond droog would take away from how utterly terrifying that face is.
    I suppose you're right. I was so swept up in excitement I lost control of my common sense.

18. - Top - End - #708

If Hasbro sends Mane 6 a cease and desist letter, the project dies. These guys do not have the resources to fight a court battle, even if they might eventually win. Which I'm not sure would be the case, it's not really a slam dunk that developing a video game based on someone else's IP is fair use.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

19. - Top - End - #709
    Troll in the Playground

Lyra comic! Grif, I think you'll like this one:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    Tech Romancer was, and still is, my favorite fighting game. I got stupidly good at using Kikiaoh/G. Kaiser and Dixen.

Now I want to dig out my Dreamcast...
    I was more of a Twinzam guy myself.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

20. - Top - End - #710
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Depends what they're made from, doesn't it? E.g. laser energy, electricity, blades, plasma, monofilament wire1...
    At my level of paranoia? No. There's spells for everything if you go through enough supplements.

1Okay, not that last one; despite being a common idea in some sci-fi, that is one weapon that always makes me skullpalm and point out that PHYSICS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY! It it's one molecule thick, then you can't swing it and even if you could there'd be no mass for it to work. And if it's stabilised/strengthened by a forcefield or something (like energy whips), why not, I dunno, just use the forcefield?
    I always assumed the monofilament "whip" worked like a meteor hammer. A weight on the end, so an arc would work like a wire between trees + motorcycle, not... That whippy stuff you sem upset about. I guess I mentally compensated.

I also figured you could use a small amount of energy to reinforce the strength of the wire so it wouldn't bend, and when the current stops it can be wound up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayonet Priest View Post
    I thought you were an inexperianced artist but you keep posting all these awesome sketches. When you mentioned you were drawing Rarity I thought about how I people had said that her hair was rather difficult but you seem to have pulled it off just fine. Rarity is best pony.
    Rarity's mane is $*%@&ing insane. I haven't drawn Rarity very often for just this reason. Which is why I'm so impressed! Atupid orgeous coiffure...

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    maybe it's just me, but it looks like pinkie is all smiles as she is being hit, and masochist pinkie is all I can think of now.

I am a bad bad pony.
    KAIRAVEN! *hug*

Nah, she looked distraught in a couple of those. The expressions were fabulous, though. I haven't seen that mug attention put into spruces since the days of Darkstalkers / Vampire Saviour. Even the newest iteration of accurate 3D model fighting games don' do that. It's refreshing and I didnt know I'd missed it until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Hmm I take a break for a few days and I miss half a ponythread... anything massively weird happen that I miss?
    Nothing massively weird.
    But I am the one least capable of giving you an accurate answer. I think most of this stuff as normal.

Quote Originally Posted by ScionoftheVoid View Post
    Wow, I can still (just about, if I chuck some other stuff out) keep up with the thread. Might make it back at some point, though I suspect the IRC will not bleed off quite so much ponysanity in future. We'll just have to wait and see, eh?

Just popping in to say that I'm now typing up to the end of chapter three in my fanfic (Blood Brothers, I'll provide a link if you ask and are okay with grimdark and reading the story as it's being polished). Chapter four is between halfway and three-quarters done, depending on where I decide to end it.
    Is that... Hm. Sure, put up a link.
    And the insanity is going to oscilate up and down, because we're trying to be more inviting, but we're also trying to appease the folks in-thread with appropriate levels of Strange.

So you've been forewarned.

And Anarion; I can't help myself, it's a sickness.
    I'm getting better at not sweating the small stuff; I've acknowledge quotes without answering them. It buys me time. I'll probably work on the wall some more today though.

21. - Top - End - #711
    Orc in the Playground

I...there is no possible way I can keep up with this.

IT'S YOG SOGOTH TIME

Sup ho.

Avatar by the profilic kaptainkrutch.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Really, getting mad at a story for using tropes is about as sane as getting mad at the book it's printed in for using atoms.

22. - Top - End - #712
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Darthteej View Post

IT'S YOG SOGOTH TIME

OH HEAVENS NO!
    DERPY
    THIS IS NOT WHAT YOUR CUTIE MARK IS SUPPOSED TO BE
    ¿¡¿¡POOOOOR QUUEEEEEEEE!?!?

23. - Top - End - #713
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darthteej View Post

IT'S YOG SOGOTH TIME

... Oh...
    Spoiler
    Show

... Oh my...

EDIT: Pinkie'd...
    Last edited by byaku rai; 2011-11-02 at 05:16 PM.

24. - Top - End - #714
    Orc in the Playground

Derpy Hooves knows the gate. Derpy Hooves is the gate. Derpy Hooves is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Derpy Hooves. She knows where the Old Ones broke through of old, and where They shall break through again. She knows where They have trod earth's fields, and where They still tread them, and why no one can behold Them as They tread.

(in all seriousness i wasn't thinking of that at all)
    Last edited by Darthteej; 2011-11-02 at 05:31 PM.
    Sup ho.

Avatar by the profilic kaptainkrutch.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Really, getting mad at a story for using tropes is about as sane as getting mad at the book it's printed in for using atoms.

25. - Top - End - #715
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    If Hasbro sends Mane 6 a cease and desist letter, the project dies. These guys do not have the resources to fight a court battle, even if they might eventually win. Which I'm not sure would be the case, it's not really a slam dunk that developing a video game based on someone else's IP is fair use.
    This is true, but if Hasbro were to start enforcing its intellectual property rights, they would probably start with the Youtube videos and move from there. It's not like Hasbro is planning on making a pony fighting game that this would leach an audience from. And, frankly, if Hasbro starting enforcing copyright laws, this fandom would die. I see no way around that. But I can't imagine why they would want to kill the fandom, considering how much press and more money they're getting from us. Take me for example. I'm notoriously stingy, I eat on something like $3 a day in one of the most expensive regions of the U.S., but I've still spent way more money on Ponies than any other show/franchise I've ever been interested in (even more than Pokemon). In fact, I don't know if I've ever purchased a shirt or toy from another show, but I have a pony shirt (in the mail) and toys of all the mane cast. And I'm not even done with my collecting.
    So while Hasbro is fully within its legal rights to crack down on us, they have to realize nothing good for them could come of it. Right?

26. - Top - End - #716
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

Nothing massively weird.
    But I am the one least capable of giving you an accurate answer. I think most of this stuff as normal.
    All right then, is good.

I'm kinda on a low ebb myself. I think I've emerged at last from initial-ponysanity to chronic-ponysanity. It like a case of really awesome Herpes or something, can flare up any time and you never get rid of it entirely.

27. - Top - End - #717
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    just finished reading "the ballad of twilight sparkle"

i havent laughed so much in ages
    I really like that story. It's probably the funniest story I've read on Equestria Daily, except for maybe Progress at it's peak.

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    After some more work, here's another result of my little project.

Spoiler
    Show

Ninja Rarity is best Rarity.
    This is so much win that I don't even know what to say. It looks fantastic.

28. - Top - End - #718
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelbert View Post
    So while Hasbro is fully within its legal rights to crack down on us, they have to realize nothing good for them could come of it. Right?
    The Hub's a new network, and it needs all the press it can get. They wouldn't put up with us nearly as much if that wasn't true, but for the moment I'm not worried.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

29. - Top - End - #719

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    I'm definitely maining Twilight when this game comes out. That finisher
    I'm waiting to see Rainbow Dash's finisher.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post

Currently working on a mostly Applejack fic myself, I decided after much pondering to write Big Mac and Applebloom with a hint of accent compared with AJ's much more prevalent one.
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

30. - Top - End - #720
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    All right then, is good.

I'm kinda on a low ebb myself. I think I've emerged at last from initial-ponysanity to chronic-ponysanity. It like a case of really awesome Herpes or something, can flare up any time and you never get rid of it entirely.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Herpes
    That better be the next thread title.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    The Hub's a new network, and it needs all the press it can get. They wouldn't put up with us nearly as much if that wasn't true, but for the moment I'm not worried.
    Actually, promising news on that front. Apparently in the new pony blind-bags, Derpy was actually named Derpy Whooves instead of Ditzy Doo. That would show a great deal of respect for the brony community if true. Might just be a rumour though.