New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Gods in emptiness-The world

After pondering the different options that were put before him, Emrys nodded in aggrement. Wondering exactly how they would share he decided to ask a question.

"I do agree with you, yet how do we share the power, when one being must have both perals? I feel I can trust you ___ with both yet, to no offense to you Noth, you are the god of everchanging, how do I not know you wont change your word?"
    Last edited by ReluctantReaper; 2008-02-18 at 06:48 PM.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Halfling in the Playground

MindFlayer

As he listened to Emrys Noth smiled to himself. This could be an interesting alliance indeed. Then he quickly cleared his throat and spoke.

"May I suggest another alternative?" He asked and continued without waiting for an answer. "One that might work and undoubtedly has some nice symbolism. What if I hold my pearl and you, Emrys, your pearl and then ___ hold on to both of us, thus creating a connection between the pearls"

"We must not forget that some sort of intelligence must be behind the creation of the pearls and whatever gifts they bring. Surely such a being would be able to sense our motives and intentions of sharing the gifts"
    "Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape."
    - Death (Terry Pratchett, Hogfather)

3. - Top - End - #123
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Yes let us do that, bring forth the pearl, and we can start."

4. - Top - End - #124

MindFlayer

"Very well. If you would follow me to my valley..." Noth said and vanished, confident that they would find him. He reappeared in the centre of the valley and called out for the Nothan he'd selected to carry the pearl. Before the other two had even arrived the Nothan suddenly appeared before him as he dropped his invisibility and handed Noth the pearl.

"You have done well, Nothan" Said the lord of the everchanging and bowed his head at his creation as a sign of respect. "Now go, I have important affairs with other gods"

The Nothan obeyed and moments later Noth was alone again, awaiting his fellow gods.

(OOC: Since he's already in on the deal, I say we NPC ___ a little bit (unless he's online now) and say he arrives with Emrys. We'll still have to wait a while for Demonking to tell us what the pearls do)
    "Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape."

5. - Top - End - #125
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Emrys looked down and saw the valley, and the apperd there, some 20 feet from Noth. ___ was soon to follow him as well. Walking up to Noth, he took the black pearl out of his pocket, and held it to his side, waiting for Noth to begin.

"Ready when you are."

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

Urg watched the other gods from above and decided to meet with the ones holding the pearls to see what would happen. He flew down beside them and said:

"You know that black pearl appeared in the forest I created. It might not have appeared if I had not made my own creation."

7. - Top - End - #127
    Pixie in the Playground

Adoxin peered from the god's plane. Moving down into the world he gazed expressionless at the pearl. Addressing the communion surrounding the pearl he smiled.

"There is time enough to study it. May I suggest to take to the God's plane. Although a good effect is a noble intention, so is the path to hell paved with them. I can take us out of time, out of effect. The pearls may have sentience, I rarely credit a creation with such. One can only hope for armageddon, a fresh start should your carelessness, if not to heed my solution, ends what you have made. I can survive with my painting being wrenched from me, can you as artisans survive the same?"

8. - Top - End - #128

MindFlayer

Ignoring Urg's and Adoxin's comments Noth reached out and placed his hand on ___'s shoulder as he saw Emrys do the same.

The pearls were connected. What would happen next?

(OOC: Slight NPC:ing of Emrys but I hope it's okay. I just want to get this "cermony" over with as soon as possible, not to mention that I'm curious to what the pearls do)

EDIT: I didn't notice luciel's post when I posted so I just added his name in the first sentence. I hope Reaper and Nigma are okay with ignoring him.
    Last edited by Faustling; 2008-02-18 at 08:07 PM.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

(Ya its fine, was away so whatever)

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Urg puts his hands on two of the people in the circle so he can see what happens first hand. If anyone tries to remove him he will nonviolently resist.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

(would that still take effect as you did it afterwords?)

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

(I guess depending on what Demonking says since he hasn't described what happens yet. :P)

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

(2wp would be like a 1st level sorcerer.)

Noth, Emrys and ___ get a divine point each.

Speaking into the three people who touched the pearl. "It only has one use do you want to use all" Then Urg touched it and started to hear the voice. "its great and mighty power."

Emrys heard a voice in his head. "Convince them to save it then use it for yourself, your better than them."

14. - Top - End - #134

MindFlayer

As the pearl "spoke" Noth felt his power growing stronger. Not much though, most of the pearls' power apperantly remained within them. He tried to think quickly, how would he best turn the situation to his advantage? To make things even worse another god had connected to them.

Noth realized he needed more time to think, not to mention some sort of advantage. A few Nothans was watching them from a distance and Noth came up with a plan. It relied on the Nothans capicity to think for themselves but they had so far showed progress in that area.

Tapping into his powers Noth sent the white pearl flying from his hand at incredible speed, reaching the Nothans moments later. One of them took it and, just as he'd hoped, they all immediately went invisible and he could sense them splitting up and running in different directions. Not even Noth himself would be capable of finding the pearl now and the other gods certainly wouldn't.

"Do not worry" He said to his fellow gods, putting on his trustworthy face. "The pearls will be reunited. I just felt that we should deal with the matter of... ownership at first. There seem to be some disagreement regarding that"

Spoiler
    Show
    One worship point used to send the pearl flying.
    Last edited by Faustling; 2008-02-19 at 10:33 AM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

"I do not mind your intervention, Noth. However, I take great offence at yours, Urg. You were not included in our deal. We could have bargained, but so far you have not proven a very wise god. More of a troublemaker, really. I have faith you will mend your ways, but do not return to us until you have"

___ then spoke to Noth and Emrys in words only they could understand.

"We have a deal, the three of us. I do not wish to claim the pearls for myself. I merely feel no one god should gain more power than the rest of us. The three must share it, for that is our purpose. This being said, it does not mean we should not try to gain the power after all. As long as it is shared"

He then checked his scroll and shook his head in dissaproval.

"Vile words have been spoken, vile secret words. But no matter how secret, as long as they have been communicated, I may understand. The scroll keeps the record, of everything. I remain certain though, that no amount of vile words will tear the triumvirate apart"
    Avatar by the illustrious Dr. Bath.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

Help me run my very first campaign.

16. - Top - End - #136

MindFlayer

Noth just nodded in agreement, not wanting to reveal anything of what ___ had said and neither capable of his selectivly understandable speak. Then he turned to Emrys.

"Emrys, I suggest we hide away the black pearl as well, I fear we cannot trust the others not to interfear. If you don't mind I could hide that one as well, I can guarantee it will not be found"

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Faustling View Post
    Noth just nodded in agreement, not wanting to reveal anything of what ___ had said and neither capable of his selectivly understandable speak. Then he turned to Emrys.

"Emrys, I suggest we hide away the black pearl as well, I fear we cannot trust the others not to interfear. If you don't mind I could hide that one as well, I can guarantee it will not be found"
    "That I must object to. No one man can have possession of both pearls, that is the way it will be, unless all of the triumvirate decide differently. I'd rather have that Emrys or me hide the pearl"

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

18. - Top - End - #138

MindFlayer

"On the contrary, dear ___" Noth said and reached out with his hands in an honest gesture "I would have possession of neither, the Nothans would handle it. If it would please you we could put your diciple among them in charge of the black pearl"

"It's not that I want the pearls for myself, you have to agree that when it comes to Hiding, Nothans are the best we've got"

"That being said" Noth added after a few moments, knowing fully well that some battles were unable to win. "If you don't agree with me I suggest we preform the joining of the pearls in one of the rooms at the divine plane. It should be easy enough to keep everyone else out of there"

"So I guess the real question is, do we want to use it now or later?"

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

"That I can agree to, for now, my disciple could indeed hide the pearl. He for one worships me more than he worships you, but he is still a Nothan, and thus untrackable. Off course, Emrys would have to agree to this"

20. - Top - End - #140
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Looking at ___, Emrys nodded, still heading what the voice had said to him.

"I trust you ___ I shall come back for it after I am done with some things."

With that Emrys gave ___ the pearl and dissapered.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

___ stared at the pearl for a bit, still perplexed with it's beauty. Then he handed it to the Nothan that had become his disciple. The disciple bowed and murmured something in draconic. ___ said something back, and that was that. The disciple dissapeared, and would not be found unless ___ called for him.

22. - Top - End - #142

MindFlayer

"Excellent" Said Noth and then called out to his and ___'s shared follower who stood nearby. The Nothan came up to them and out of respect for his two gods he had assumed ___'s old man apperance but with Noth's golden hair. It was quite a peculiar look.

"Nothan," Noth said to him "Take this pearl from ___ and go into hiding until both of us call for you again"

The Nothan nodded, eager to please, and held out his hands.

23. - Top - End - #143

MindFlayer

OOC: Seems like we posted at the same time. If we just say that my post happened before yours things shouldn't be too confusing.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

"He's my disciple. In matters like this, he listens to me. If that weren't the way it worked, there would be no use in handing the pearl to him. We'd have to find someone who didn't listen to you at all. I don't distrust you, but that's just the way it is. Besides, I have one disciple, you ahve a whole people. Most of them worship me in some measure as well, but you're their main god, while I'm this guy's main god"

25. - Top - End - #145

MindFlayer

"But of course" Noth said smilingly "You have done me great favors and a single diciple is a small price to pay for that. I simply want to make sure that both of us is needed to regain the pearl. After all, we don't want any back-stabbing in this matter, do we?"

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

"Both of us is needed to regain both pearls. You are needed for one, but not for two. I am needed for one, but not for two. Emrys is currently needed for none, but I will make sure he does not get cut out. If anyone else should be needed to summon the second pearl, it should be Emrys, and not you, Noth. I say that respectfully. Anyways, this Nothan honours me in much greater measure than you, and I have instructed him to return only on my call, and my call alone. This is how it will be, no need to insist"

27. - Top - End - #147

MindFlayer

"Very well then" Noth replied and bowed his head slightly "So be it."

"Regardless of that, we need to discuss what the pearls said, do we wish to use them now or later? Personally, I think it might be wise to wait a while and see if we can't find out more about these pearls and, perhaps even more important, who put them here. Can we really be sure that they are harmless?"
    Last edited by Faustling; 2008-02-20 at 02:23 PM.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

"I think they are harmless, yes. The being that created us wished for us to create, or we would not have the power to. Therefore, anything else he creates can not be meant to harm us or it would harm our ability to create. In fact, I believe possession of both pearls will enlarge our ability to create, as sharing it did, but only in a bigger measure"

"That said, I'm still not sure whether we should use them. No one god should have more power then the others. We could off course try all touching both pearls at the same time"

29. - Top - End - #149

MindFlayer

As he listened to ___'s words Noth raised an eyebrow in suprised disbelief. No one god should have more power then the others? He very much doubted that all the other gods would share this belief. Of course, being a god of something like language it was an understandable point of view. No matter which races grew to dominate the world one way or the other, they would still communicate and ___ would still have followers.

"Then we share a position regarding the use of the pearls but not the reasons behind it" Noth paused and thought about how to continue. "I can appreciate the thought behind the idea of sharing the power equally but I don't believe in it. It is in the worlds best interest that some of us, the more sensible ones, hold greater power. Imagine if a god like Xankul somehow gained the upper hand. He would tear the world apart in his attempts to conquer or destroy it."

"We don't want that to happen and thus we must use whatever power we possess to remain powerful enough to stop all attempts to harm the world and it's inhabitants"

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

"The Triumvirate are not Xankul. That being said, despite his urges toward destreuction, Xankul is still an ally of mine. Only if he should actually start a war would our friendship be in peril"

"As for the pearls, if we use them, we should all touch them at once"