New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Cynical Avocado's Absolutely Admirable Accumulation of Random Bantering #165

Philosophy and art? Hmmmm...there's gotta be some Boethius on that subject.

*begins rummaging through philosophical works*
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Cynical Avocado's Absolutely Admirable Accumulation of Random Bantering #165

Quote Originally Posted by Tragic_Comedian View Post
    Discuss philosophy and art, play checkers, and whatever else anyone wants to do as long as it is thematically appropriate.

As for meeting, the issue of geography makes it all but impossible to meet in person without turning the club into a convention, so... Somewhere on the Internet? I'm open to suggestions. Also: club needs a name.

Wanna join?
    Sure!
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Look apon me, mighty Posid-Eon, ruler of the waves and saviour of people. Watch as I stumble about on dry land humoursly, AND TREMBLE!

<3

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Ogre in the Playground

I have a feeling I'm gonna be in over my head.

EDIT: We should totes call it the Over Our Heads Club. Unless you guys think of something better.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon View Post
    Sure!
    Welcome to our club, welcome to our club, welcome Eon, welcome Eon...
    Last edited by Tragic_Comedian; 2011-08-16 at 04:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    That joke is older than a chicken halfway 'cross a road, Comedian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    This is probably the least amusing thing I've heard all week.
    Awesome avatar courtesy of Ranger Mattos.

4. - Top - End - #1204

It's official, unless a person has notable cleavage I can no longer tell genders apart. I don't know what to think about this.

ION:
    I was so ecstatic the other day, I was having an inner grumble and had chosen my apt simile as saying [something] and I got along like Jude and Arabella; and then I realised I couldn't remember the name of the book in which they featured!
    Only that there was a pub named after it back up uni. And almost everything else about the book's plot and characters.
    I was so happy.
    That book was, and is, one of the most depressing, miserable, hateful, pessimistic, cynical, depressing, harmful, depressing, horrible, twisted, horrifying things I have ever had the displeasure of reading.
    And I couldn't remember the name of the book!
    I include all fanfiction I have ever read in this statement.

Then yesterday I remembered it was Jude the Obscure.
    Damnation.

Never read that book. Ever.
    Ever ever.

IOON:
    Crippling agonising headache. Shouldn't have done what I did.

IOOON:
    I have lost over one stone. My socks were, and are, rocked off.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

5. - Top - End - #1205

I have a feeling I'm gonna be in over my head.

EDIT: We should totes call it the Over Our Heads Club. Unless you guys think of something better.

Welcome to our club, welcome to our club, welcome Eon, welcome Eon...
    Over Our Heads Club sounds good. As to where to meet... Skype?

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    It's official, unless a person has notable cleavage I can no longer tell genders apart. I don't know what to think about this.

ION:
    I was so ecstatic the other day, I was having an inner grumble and had chosen my apt simile as saying [something] and I got along like Jude and Arabella; and then I realised I couldn't remember the name of the book in which they featured!
    Only that there was a pub named after it back up uni. And almost everything else about the book's plot and characters.
    I was so happy.
    That book was, and is, one of the most depressing, miserable, hateful, pessimistic, cynical, depressing, harmful, depressing, horrible, twisted, horrifying things I have ever had the displeasure of reading.
    And I couldn't remember the name of the book!
    I include all fanfiction I have ever read in this statement.

Then yesterday I remembered it was Jude the Obscure.
    Damnation.

Never read that book. Ever.
    Ever ever.

IOON:
    Crippling agonising headache. Shouldn't have done what I did.

IOOON:
    You can no longer tell genders apart? Why is that?

I will take your advice and not read that book.

I have no idea what the rest of your post is about.

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Ogre in the Playground

Curses.... I might actually have to download Skype then...
    For clarification, my brother is trying to get me to download it for when he goes to college soon.

edit: I just ungracefully fell out of my chair.
    Last edited by Eon; 2011-08-16 at 05:07 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Look apon me, mighty Posid-Eon, ruler of the waves and saviour of people. Watch as I stumble about on dry land humoursly, AND TREMBLE!

<3

7. - Top - End - #1207

IOOON:
    Careful with that. I've lost many a good and loyal sock due to intense rockings.

edit: Shame I can't really get involved in this spontaneous group that we're making. I shall sadly have to leave the playground within a couple weeks.
    Last edited by DraPrime; 2011-08-16 at 05:06 PM.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    edit: Shame I can't really get involved in this spontaneous group that we're making. I shall sadly have to leave the playground within a couple weeks.
    Why so, friend?

9. - Top - End - #1209

Why so, friend?
    Dragonprime spends his majority of time at a seminary, IIRC.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1210

Careful with that. I've lost many a good and loyal sock due to intense rockings.

Aww.
    Going back to seminary, I presume? Best wishes, DP. Go get 'em!

Love wins. S'agapo.

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Ogre in the Playground

What a bummer. Well, you can still participate the next time you get a vacation (?) if the club's still going.

12. - Top - End - #1212

Yeah, what MoonCat and Blue Ghost said. Basically, I know that if I post at all on the Playground I'll get sucked in and my grades will take a hit. Given that how hard I work in seminary has rather lasting impacts on how good a priest I will be, I take no risks. Still, I've got a bit of time left. Time that I intend to use to the fullest and Playgroundiest.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

13. - Top - End - #1213

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    You can no longer tell genders apart? Why is that?
    I've never been very good at it, generally boobage was the big indicator. But then when I was at the gym the other day there was someone I'd swear blind was a boy, except she was in the ladies' changing room. And on very close, but surreptitious, inspection proved to have boobs.
    Small ones.
    Everything else screamed Male.

And with the growing tendency for androgyny, long hair on dudes and such and such it's just gone to pot. Also fat males with boobs don't help.
    >.>
    The one exception is, of course, David Bowie. No one could ever mistake him for a woman. Unless he was in drag . . .
    Curses.
    And then there's Noel Fielding, the man who looks as if "a wizard had turned a raven into a very beautiful young lady" as quoted by Frankie Boyle.

And clothing? When you know as many people as I do who wear men's clothing and are female, or who wear female clothing and are male, or a mix of either, combine it with a loose grasp of genders; everything goes to hang.
    I can still normally tell the difference between genders more than fifty percent of the time if there's no obvious cleavage present.

I will take your advice and not read that book.
    Good. In involves mass infanticide and suicide. By their ten-year-old half-brother. And adultery. Semi-incest. Murder. Suicide. The slow, gleeful crushing of one man's soul, dreams, hopes and all joys in his life.

I have no idea what the rest of your post is about.
    Um. I have a headache.
    And I've lost over a stone in weight. That's fourteen pounds. Don't know what it is in metric.

EDIT!:
    @DP!: How was Dutch land? Suitably Dutch? Dispense information now! And you'd better have done as I asked.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2011-08-16 at 05:15 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

14. - Top - End - #1214

I've never been very good at it, generally boobage was the big indicator. But then when I was at the gym the other day there was someone I'd swear blind was a boy, except she was in the ladies' changing room. And on very close, but surreptitious, inspection proved to have boobs.
    Small ones.

And with the growing tendency for androgyny, long hair on dudes and such and such it's just gone to pot. Also fat males with boobs don't help.
    >.>
    The one exception is, of course, David Bowie. No one could ever mistake him for a woman. Unless he was in drag . . .
    Curses.
    And then there's Noel Fielding, the man who looks as if "a wizard had turned a raven into a very beautiful young lady" as quoted by Frankie Boyle.

And clothing? When you know as many people as I do who wear men's clothing and are female, or who wear female clothing and are male, or a mix of either, combine it with a loose grasp of genders; everything goes to hang.
    I can still normally tell the difference between genders more than fifty percent of the time if there's no obvious cleavage present.
    This is why I am in support of beardage.

*strokes his newly grown facial shrubbery*

Though it saddens me that I will have to commit beardicide before I go back to seminary.

EDIT!:
    @DP!: How was Dutch land? Suitably Dutch? Dispense information now! And you'd better have done as I asked.
    Dutch land was fantastic. I managed to go the Dutch meetup, which was a lot of fun. It involved much great playgrounding, including the watching of a Call of Cthulu movie, and playing D&D until the sun rose. I also met D-D in person, which was fun. My only complaint is that one train station forced me to sleep outside on the pavement as I waited for my train.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

15. - Top - End - #1215

@Curly: So the gender confusion stems from the people around you? I never seemed to have encountered that problem.

Ah, right. Weight. Congratulations. I'm set to gain about that much as I embark on college...

Love wins. S'agapo.

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Ogre in the Playground

I long ago gave up all hope of losing weight, and decided to remain fat and happy, in the hope that one day a war will be on and someone will ask me why I'm not at the front, and I can say, "If you go round to the side, you'll see that I am."

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Colossus in the Playground

I just ungracefully fell out of my chair.

I've lost over a stone in weight. That's fourteen pounds. Don't know what it is in metric.
    It's a "goodjob" and a "handshake of approval".

18. - Top - End - #1218

I long ago gave up all hope of losing weight, and decided to remain fat and happy, in the hope that one day a war will be on and someone will ask me why I'm not at the front, and I can say, "If you go round to the side, you'll see that I am."
    Kudos to you and your Chesterton reference. I suggest we celebrate this moment by getting fat, smoking prodigiously, and being sarcastic.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Troll in the Playground

An hour from now. What time will it be for you?
    4:00pm. So not midnight.
    Yeah, what MoonCat and Blue Ghost said. Basically, I know that if I post at all on the Playground I'll get sucked in and my grades will take a hit. Given that how hard I work in seminary has rather lasting impacts on how good a priest I will be, I take no risks. Still, I've got a bit of time left. Time that I intend to use to the fullest and Playgroundiest.
    Yay, seminary. My oldest brother is going to a seminary too, what a coincidonk.
    Ah, right. Weight. Congratulations. I'm set to gain about that much as I embark on college...
    You have fun. I expect to be hearing silly college stories in a few months.
    P.S. Chesterton impersonators on youtube are funny. Because they have fake mustaches and exaggerated everything alot. Still hilarious though.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

20. - Top - End - #1220

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Yay, seminary. My oldest brother is going to a seminary too, what a coincidonk.
    That's quite cool. Which seminary is it? There's a chance that I might know of it.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Troll in the Playground

That's quite cool. Which seminary is it? There's a chance that I might know of it.
    Saint Joseph's College Seminary. And my brother is looking nervous as if he might know you now. So yeah. Enough about him.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

22. - Top - End - #1222

Saint Joseph's College Seminary. And my brother is looking nervous as if he might know you now. So yeah. Enough about him.
    Well if that's where he is then I don't think I'd know him. I'm rather far away in Our Lady of Providence.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Ogre in the Playground

Kudos to you and your Chesterton reference. I suggest we celebrate this moment by getting fat, smoking prodigiously, and being sarcastic.
    Well, two out of three ain't bad.

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, two out of three ain't bad.
    Two out of three? Why aren't you being sarcastic? Go, man, go!
    Some men just want to watch the world shift uncomfortably in its seat.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by absolmorph View Post
    I happen to like screwing around with Handle Animal.
    Red Mage, is that you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Now you're cranking it up to eleven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    A week ago, I didn't know who you were. Now I know: you're the BEST PERSON EVER.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    You seem to be having trouble with the idea that a rulebook can contradict itself, because it shouldn't, but...WotC.

If you're reading this for some reason, you can find me in a few places on the web as azoicennead.

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Ogre in the Playground

It's a "goodjob" and a "handshake of approval".
    Brilliant!

Edit: may I sig that?
    Last edited by Eon; 2011-08-16 at 06:16 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

<3

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by absolmorph View Post
    Two out of three? Why aren't you being sarcastic? Go, man, go!
    Actually, I don't smoke.

ION: I was just out on my porch, relaxing on my porch swing, playing my ukulele. The sun is just starting to go down outside, and it's just barely behind the mountains right now. Everything looks like it's been dipped in gold. Lovely.

ALSO: A joke. Descartes walks into a bar. The bartender says, "Are you having a beer?" Descartes says, "I think not," and ceases to exist.
    Last edited by Tragic_Comedian; 2011-08-16 at 06:18 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Titan in the Playground

Well, hope you had fun.

Yup. Why I'm shocked. (And hoping my brother was joking. But he didn't seem like he was joking. Then again, 4 older brothers with age gaps...confusion!!!)
    Does your father look 73? Because seriously, that's quite old. I think you'd notice.

Small ones.
    She could have been MTF, of course.
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Colossus in the Playground

Brilliant!

Edit: may I sig that?
    Of course.gif

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Ogre in the Playground

Of course.gif
    Thanks Lala
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

<3

30. - Top - End - #1230

ALSO: A joke. Descartes walks into a bar. The bartender says, "Are you having a beer?" Descartes says, "I think not," and ceases to exist.
    I like that.

Love wins. S'agapo.