New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon-freak89 View Post
    ANYONE?!?!
    Silence on the forum means that anyone who can help you hasn't read your post yet. But there is a possibility that no one here can help you better than google.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS

I'm using the Magic Launcher. It's awesome!

...Or at least, it would be awesome if I could get Modloader and Forge to work in it.

It says "18 errors" for Modloader and "13 errors" for Forge, but it won't tell me what those errors are, or how to fix them.

Help!

PLEASE!
    Some basic things:

1) Modloader is no longer necessary with the latest edition of Forge which comes with the Forge ModLoader (FML) as part of the package.

2) If you are using an older version which requires ModLoader, make sure it is ABOVE Forge in the TOP mods window (the ones that goes into the .jar)

3) Make sure that your versions of Forge and ModLoader are compatible with the version of the mods you are using

4) Make sure your mods are a) compatible with the above, and b) just need to get dumped into the mods folder

5) If you're getting blockID conflicts, that's not a problem with MagicLauncher. Just go into the config files and change the block ID's to avoid confliction. With the latest edition of Forge, which also incorporates the 4096 fix, it's probably easiest to start off at 400 (vanilla eats up something like 251-388 for some reason, so I just start a 400 since it's the first nice round number after 388 to ensure I avoid problems), take a major mod with a lot of block ID's, and start going down the line with 400, 401... Rinse, wash, repeat with other mods until it runs properly.

6) Make sure the version of MagicLauncher is current.

7) If none of these steps help, try MultiMC, it is somewhat more user friendly, and may be more intuitive for you to use.
    Last edited by ShneekeyTheLost; 2012-07-14 at 11:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

3. - Top - End - #753
    Ettin in the Playground

If we someone ends up starting/restarting a tekkit server, will explosives and things such as mining lasers and mining drills be allowed?, 3 out of 5 tekkit servers I tried from the tekkit forums banned all of those things, one even banned many buildcraft things including quarries, and on the other two, which did allow mining drills and buildcraft, still didn't allow any explosives(not even the vanilla tnt), or even creeper damage.
    So having a tekkit server with normal stuff like explosives enabled would be fun, as it's fun to mine with tnt and sticks of dynamite
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

4. - Top - End - #754
    Barbarian in the Playground

I think the main concern with those is griefing (you could put a quarry over someone's base, etc etc). Remember kids, while it may take more effort if you use things such as this, the admins can still find you, and they are always watching.
    MagicLauncher stuff
    Try just installing things the normal way, it can be glitchy sometimes with mods not designed for it. Once they've been installed the normal way, you can actually run MagicLauncher on top of this to get the mods that do work with MagicLauncher.
    Last edited by Saposhiente; 2012-07-14 at 11:55 AM.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

5. - Top - End - #755
    Ettin in the Playground

I suppose you do have a point, but the disabling creepers thing does seem a little over the top, as does disabling sticks of dynamite(which can only take out a 2x2x1 square of a sift material such as soil), and the mining drills.
    All of the server's i tried also still let you craft them, just not do anythign with them, though i do wonder why they let you waste materials on them if they wont let you even place them(if you can disable creepers, it doesn't seem to farfetched to make it so the explosive blocks just sit there as decorations instead of exploding).
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-07-14 at 11:59 AM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

6. - Top - End - #756
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    I suppose you do have a point, but the disabling creepers thing does seem a little over the top, as does disabling sticks of dynamite(which can only take out a 2x2x1 square of a sift material such as soil), and the mining drills.
    All of the server's i tried also still let you craft them, just not do anythign with them, though i do wonder why they let you waste materials on them if they wont let you even place them(if you can disable creepers, it doesn't seem to farfetched to make it so the explosive blocks just sit there as decorations instead of exploding).
    Mining lasers seem risky simply because if I have my underground factory and someone is walking around mining... laser! and now there is a hole through my set up. Also letting nuclear reactors explode to a huge degree is just asking for someone to wreck their neighbors stuff. I think quarries will stop if they hit a non-vanilla/buildcraft block. So you can protect underground bases from quarries.
    Last edited by Lamech; 2012-07-14 at 07:42 PM.
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

7. - Top - End - #757
    Bugbear in the Playground

I haven't had time to catch up on the thread, but the mods I want to keep for the server are Redpower(The one that has the new blocks, according to one of the people posting here), Industrialcraft, computercraft, POSSIBLY buildcraft.
    I may just disable EE in tekkit and call it good.

After forgetting to post this for several hours:
    I can't figure out how to disable mods. The config file the site says I should edit doesn't exist.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Scuzzball View Post
    I haven't had time to catch up on the thread, but the mods I want to keep for the server are Redpower(The one that has the new blocks, according to one of the people posting here), Industrialcraft, computercraft, POSSIBLY buildcraft.

I can't figure out how to disable mods. The config file the site says I should edit doesn't exist.
    Well, I can't help you with tekkit support, but I can tell you that Redpower2 now has computers in it. It also has microblocks, which are awesome and made of win.

If you do Buildcraft, I highly suggest Logistic pipes. It's a bit pricy (requiring diamond pipes and gold gears or circuit chips) but the level of automation you can do with it is simply staggering. On-demand crafting of anything you care to put in the Automatic Crafting Bench + Crafting Pipe for, as long as you also have all the sub-combines done, or have a supply of the items necessary on hand.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #759
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

In the mods folder, you can just delete the EE file.

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    Well, I can't help you with tekkit support, but I can tell you that Redpower2 now has computers in it. It also has microblocks, which are awesome and made of win.

If you do Buildcraft, I highly suggest Logistic pipes. It's a bit pricy (requiring diamond pipes and gold gears or circuit chips) but the level of automation you can do with it is simply staggering. On-demand crafting of anything you care to put in the Automatic Crafting Bench + Crafting Pipe for, as long as you also have all the sub-combines done, or have a supply of the items necessary on hand.
    Logistics pipes, are not smp compatible.

10. - Top - End - #760

Quote Originally Posted by sentaku View Post
    In the mods folder, you can just delete the EE file.
    Sweet, server is up at uf.serfveftp.com with no EE,I'll see if I can keep it up this week.

11. - Top - End - #761

If I trick out my JAR with all the files I need to get on uf.serveftp.com, will I still be able to get on the other server?
    Sometimes, I have strong opinions on seemingly inconsequential matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisis21 View Post
    Phhase he played four
    He played nick nack on my door
    With a nick nack paddy whack
    Give a dog a bone
    Phhase came rolling home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventruenox View Post
    You found a way to backstab... with a ballista...

I want to play at your table.
    Spoiler: How to have a Good Idea
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Buy a lava lamp, it more than doubles the rate of good ideas :p
    Better yet, buy this lava lamp.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sentaku View Post
    Logistics pipes, are not smp compatible.
    They might be with 1.3... there's been some interesting rumors. There's already a beta-test server with Builcraft 3.x that Direwolf20 is a part of, running his Assembly Table and battery of Lasers on the server.

Now that FML has simplified things, it's going to be a lot easier, going forward, making the SSP only mods multiplayer-friendly.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #763
    Ettin in the Playground

Some basic things:

1) Modloader is no longer necessary with the latest edition of Forge which comes with the Forge ModLoader (FML) as part of the package.

2) If you are using an older version which requires ModLoader, make sure it is ABOVE Forge in the TOP mods window (the ones that goes into the .jar)

3) Make sure that your versions of Forge and ModLoader are compatible with the version of the mods you are using

4) Make sure your mods are a) compatible with the above, and b) just need to get dumped into the mods folder

5) If you're getting blockID conflicts, that's not a problem with MagicLauncher. Just go into the config files and change the block ID's to avoid confliction. With the latest edition of Forge, which also incorporates the 4096 fix, it's probably easiest to start off at 400 (vanilla eats up something like 251-388 for some reason, so I just start a 400 since it's the first nice round number after 388 to ensure I avoid problems), take a major mod with a lot of block ID's, and start going down the line with 400, 401... Rinse, wash, repeat with other mods until it runs properly.

6) Make sure the version of MagicLauncher is current.

7) If none of these steps help, try MultiMC, it is somewhat more user friendly, and may be more intuitive for you to use.
    #1 worked. Thank you very much.

#7 is silly. MagicLauncher is about as user-friendly and obvious as they get.

Quote Originally Posted by Saposhiente View Post
    Try just installing things the normal way, it can be glitchy sometimes with mods not designed for it. Once they've been installed the normal way, you can actually run MagicLauncher on top of this to get the mods that do work with MagicLauncher.
    Do you really think I'd be using something designed to assist in installing mods if I were already capable of installing mods?

Eh, not really relevant any more.
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2012-07-15 at 11:33 AM.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

14. - Top - End - #764

Sweet, server is up at uf.serfveftp.com with no EE,I'll see if I can keep it up this week.
    AWDI here,
    I want to try to the new server but I'm totally lost. Could someone tell me/put a link on what I have to download/install to be able to get on the server?
    awesome avatar made by Trazoi
    Totem Cleric:A divine fighter that uses a totem which empowers him.

I will not have as much acces to a computer so I will not post as much.

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #765
    Titan in the Playground

#1 worked. Thank you very much.
    Any time

#7 is silly. MagicLauncher is about as user-friendly and obvious as they get.
    I'm using MultiMC almost exclusively now because it is even more user friendly than MagicLauncher is. No, really... it's as easy as drag-and-drop. The only thing it doesn't do for you is blockID conflict resolution.

However, you are right, MagicLauncher takes a LOT of sting out of modding, making it very easy to have multiple mod setups in a drop-down menu.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #766
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm using MultiMC almost exclusively now because it is even more user friendly than MagicLauncher is. No, really... it's as easy as drag-and-drop.
    I couldn't figure out how to use multimc after downloading it. Meanwhile, magiclauncher is, to me, even easier (slightly) than "drag and drop."

I guess it's just personal preference.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

17. - Top - End - #767
    Orc in the Playground

With all the talking about mods here, I got interested in a mod myself.
    I found a few nice ones, mostly small ones, adding a block or two, some weapons, a simple mechanic or just more fun. So now my Minecraft is different, while not too different. Does anybody know more of those small mods? I'm looking for something that adds more food/easier getting food, because food is still a problem for me. Growing wheat is the easiest, but bread only fills 2,5 hunger and sometimes I'm just not feeling like hunting/breeding.

My extended collection of avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Pony Tarquin by Dirtytabs

Killer Klown by Ceika

Stroop by Mr Gone

18. - Top - End - #768
    Troll in the Playground

A mod i realy like (though my pirated minecraft cannot hold mods) is nerd-boy's "mine and blade battlegear".
    whe he makes the server version, i hope we will be able to use it in-server.
    Despite everything, its still me.

19. - Top - End - #769
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias2207 View Post
    With all the talking about mods here, I got interested in a mod myself.
    I found a few nice ones, mostly small ones, adding a block or two, some weapons, a simple mechanic or just more fun. So now my Minecraft is different, while not too different. Does anybody know more of those small mods? I'm looking for something that adds more food/easier getting food, because food is still a problem for me. Growing wheat is the easiest, but bread only fills 2,5 hunger and sometimes I'm just not feeling like hunting/breeding.
    I think SimpleHarvestCraft would be perfect for you.

I'm going to use the "normal" HarvestCraft, myself, but that's because I prefer more heavily modded games.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

20. - Top - End - #770
    Orc in the Playground

I think SimpleHarvestCraft would be perfect for you.

I'm going to use the "normal" HarvestCraft, myself, but that's because I prefer more heavily modded games.
    Thanks! I'm really going to try this.
    Edit: Phew! Took longer than usual, but I got it all set up now and it works. Let the fun begin!
    Last edited by Matthias2207; 2012-07-16 at 11:34 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

Killer Klown by Ceika

Stroop by Mr Gone

21. - Top - End - #771

I've been thinking, EE is quite handy in machines with condensers and stuff, what you really want to disable is just energy collectors. Prevent people from getting stuff for free, while still allowing the "equivalent" part of exchange. Ideally you'd be able to also modify it so that coal to charcoal and uranium and tungsten aren't overpowered, but it's not entirely necessary. If there's no given way to remove parts of EE, I could probably set up a plugin to remove the crafting recipe for it.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

22. - Top - End - #772
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saposhiente View Post
    I've been thinking, EE is quite handy in machines with condensers and stuff, what you really want to disable is just energy collectors. Prevent people from getting stuff for free, while still allowing the "equivalent" part of exchange. Ideally you'd be able to also modify it so that coal to charcoal and uranium and tungsten aren't overpowered, but it's not entirely necessary. If there's no given way to remove parts of EE, I could probably set up a plugin to remove the crafting recipe for it.
    judging from a recent yogscast, you may also want to make golden helmets less over powered as well, asdthey produce huge amounts of energy, but can be gotten as loot from pigmen, or from a scrapbox(they have a fairly decent drop rate from scrap boxes)
    Meow(Steam page)

23. - Top - End - #773
    Orc in the Playground

How do I install a custom texture for a mod in modloader without replacing the original texture, or is that impossible? Preferably linked to a texture pack, so I can change the whole texture at once.

Spoiler
    Show

Killer Klown by Ceika

Stroop by Mr Gone

24. - Top - End - #774
    Ettin in the Playground

I've heard of bluescreening... I've heard of blackscreening... But minecraft, when booted through MagicLauncher, whitescreens. How do I fix it?
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

25. - Top - End - #775
    Ettin in the Playground

Anyone have an idea why cobble and soil keep backing up at my quarry on the tekkit server?, I have four pipes set to have it sent to them(each ending in a different chest), but it still sometimes ignores the diamond pipes and just backs up on top of an incorrect chest(which it doesn't enter for some reason).
    Any idea whats causing this bug?, I keep ending up having to clear several stacks of soil and cobble off of the tops of ym chest(both to make sure it doesn't despawn, and to reduce the nearly game-crashing lag it causes when it backs up)
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-07-17 at 02:07 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)

26. - Top - End - #776
    Ettin in the Playground

Okay, I decided to switch to MultiMC because it might actually keep working.

However, when I try to log in with it, it acts like I just started up VANILLA minecraft. The first time, it also had an error saying "the directory is not empty."

WhyTF would I WANT the directory empty?! How would it know what mods to use?!
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Titan in the Playground

ok so i can't seem to find the screenshots i took. But you guys need to beleive me when i say it.

I got testificates to breed in the nether :D
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #778
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, I decided to switch to MultiMC because it might actually keep working.

However, when I try to log in with it, it acts like I just started up VANILLA minecraft. The first time, it also had an error saying "the directory is not empty."

WhyTF would I WANT the directory empty?! How would it know what mods to use?!
    You need to run it once as vanilla to install the new instance of minecraft, unless you are copying a .minecraft folder as an instance. Then you put in Forge and run it again to generate a mods folder. Then put the mods in.

As far as the whitescreen with MagicLauncher... sounds like a META-INF folder wasn't deleted.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #779
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    ok so i can't seem to find the screenshots i took. But you guys need to beleive me when i say it.

I got testificates to breed in the nether :D
    Eh. I'm planning a colony there.

Self sufficient, too, after starting it.
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

30. - Top - End - #780
    Ettin in the Playground

As far as the whitescreen with MagicLauncher... sounds like a META-INF folder wasn't deleted.
    You're right it wasn't deleted. However, now it is, and the whitescreen thing keeps happening.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.