New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: The Hayle Region (IC)

Ray was more than a little stunned as he was given his 'starter kit'. He hadn't expected anything except the Trainer's License. At a loss for words, the boy accepted the pokegear, card, and slung the backpack over his shoulder, Jasper climbing on top of his trainer's head to avoid it. It took a moment before Ray could speak again, responding with, "Th-thank you, Ma'am! This means a lot to me. To both of us."

"Um," Raymond offered, scratching the back of his neck nervously, "I'm not sure what I should ask. I mean, what do I do? Where do I go? What's a TM?"
    Awesome avatar by Dashwood

“Had every Athenian citizen been a Socrates, every Athenian assembly would still have been a mob.” -- The Federalist No. 55

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Marcus grins as Augustus confirms what he had already suspected. "Thanks again! I'll be back soon," Marcus says, his grin growing even broader as he leaves to go to the Pokemon Center, seeking to heal Gelver, get the Waterfall TM applied and take the time to flesh out his notes from the battle a little bit more.
    Augustus waves a goodbye before turning to the other trainer present to begin his second, and final, challenger match of the day.

Stormwrack Harbor was a large enough city to have multiple pokemon centers, one of which was a conveniently short walk from the gym. As you entered the red and white building, you entered a pristine waiting room. Welcome to the Pokemon Center, please scan your Trainer License. She indicated with a wave of her hand to a machine on the counter. It had a slot in the middle, obviously meant for scanning cards.

The machine swallowed your card easily, and the nurse glanced at her computer, checking to make sure the picture on the card matched your face. When she looked up, she had a bright smile on her face. Congratulations on your recent acquisition of a trainer card! Pokemon Centers can provide a wide variety of services from healing to TM application, to rest rooms. How may I help you today?
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

World at War (PTA) as Francis May

GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Regalus View Post
    Adam nods in acknowledgement, "Yeah, I was thinking of maybe trying the Oasis next; since Thistle's good agaisnt most of their types, but I guess that might change depending on who ends up joining us," he says before allowing a slight frown, "Though I'm kinda worried about getting there; I've heard folks see it's really easy to get lost on the way there, and I'm not exactly used to that sort of place. Do you know what's the best way to get there?"
    Hmm, if you're heading to Oasis then you'll need to head through Central first, which is a good place to train due to the large quantity of trainers. And if you're worried about getting lost, then you can always pay the Ironwall Mercenaries to lead you through safely. Of course, until you're a Rank 2 trainer you're required to use the Ironwalls, since its considered too dangerous a location.

If you're able to go it alone, travel with a partner and make liberal use of your pokegear's map to avoid getting lost. The journey can be bad, but if you can avoid the stronger wild pokemon and don't get stuck in a sandstorm, you should be fine. The worst part is that all of the established paths get destroyed every time a sandstorm comes through, meaning every traveler has to find their own way. If you're worried however, the Mercenaries are a bit expensive, but will get you there safely.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

"Thanks!" Marcus says with a wide grin as the nurse congratulates him on his success. "My Froakie got a little beat up in my trial fight and I wanted to get him back to full health. I'd also like to know if you could apply this to him," Marcus adds, placing the Waterfall TM on the counter along with Gelver's Pokeball.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jacior View Post
    Dominic keeps grinning. "I hope you're not expecting too much growth... if I have it my way, I'll be back within a year!" He says glibly, if, surprisingly, with full confidence in himself. He stays quiet and listens when she explains everything and hands him the backpack. It's only when she finally hands him his license that his grin fades into a sort of blank stare as he holds it reverently. "You had it made up already?" His voice catches in his throat a bit and he quickly wipes his face with a sleeve before anything resembling tears could be seen.

"I um. What should I do next? Besides train for my first gym battle I mean?" Dominic seems a little askew, like, physically, before it becomes obvious why. Arlo is slowly climbing up his leg and side, trying to be a better part of the conversation.
    Savannah chuckled at the Sandshrew's antics before replying. We have them made for every trainer to challenge, so that they don't have to wait a week before they can actually start being a real trainer. And if you're back in a year, I will be very impressed. It usually takes folks at least two years to reach their fourth gym challenge. But who knows? Every once in a while we see exceptional trainers who defy all of our expectations. It would be ... wonderful if you were one of those trainers.

As for where you go from here, most of my students head to Central. Zahaard isn't a place for lower level trainers, and the culture there is strange to say the least. Their leader respects strength and little else, making it hard for lower level trainers to pass early gym challenges. Armedius is a better bet from your third badge up, as that's when you can begin entering the Academy. Additionally, Teller, the gym leader of Central, uses electric and poison types. Both of those are a good match for Arlo's typing.

Oh, one more thing. Trainers aren't allowed to travel to or from Hidden Oasis until they're Rank 2. Otherwise they have to use the Ironwall Mercenaries. It's simply too dangerous for rookie trainers to make the trip on their own. For trainers who earn their license from here, their first trip with the Mercenaries is paid for by the gym, so you don't have to worry about spending money on it. The first caravan leaves in two days. I'd spend the rest of today and tomorrow training and making a bit of money. If you have some bait you can find some lower level wilds on the outskirts of town. Just remember not to hunt for pokemon around the Oasis itself. Feel free to defend if attacked, but we try to avoid conflict as much as possible there. It's important for local pokemon to have a safe source of water.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Venetian View Post
    Ray was more than a little stunned as he was given his 'starter kit'. He hadn't expected anything except the Trainer's License. At a loss for words, the boy accepted the pokegear, card, and slung the backpack over his shoulder, Jasper climbing on top of his trainer's head to avoid it. It took a moment before Ray could speak again, responding with, "Th-thank you, Ma'am! This means a lot to me. To both of us."

"Um," Raymond offered, scratching the back of his neck nervously, "I'm not sure what I should ask. I mean, what do I do? Where do I go? What's a TM?"
    Oh I always forget to explain these things. A TM is Technical Machine and can be applied at any Pokemon Center to teach your pokemon a new move. However, only three of your pokemon's moves can come from TMs and Tutors. The rest must be learned naturally.

As for what to do and where to go, that's up to you. Trainers usually stick around for a day or two before heading out to train and make a bit of money. You can even add a team member or two if you're lucky. But if you're looking for somewhere to go, I do have something.
    She digs around in her basket before pulling out a package. I have a friend that lives in Wrystone who's been asking for a collection of berries for his garden. These are some preserved seeds for him. I'd recommend taking the train to Central, spending a bit of time there, and then head over to Wrystone. Or you could go through Stormwrack. Its up to you.

She was about to turn way when she remembered something. Ah yes, I forgot to tell you who those were for. Look for a man named Leo Blackwell. Since he's the local gym leader, he should be easy to find.

Spoiler
    Show
    There's a train that leaves once a week to Central from the town center. While it transports food mostly, there are also many battlers and non-trainers who ride the train as well. There's even a battle car for those interested in sparring while on board. You know this as a resident of Thousand Acres. The next train leaves on Wednesday (two days from now), or you could go on foot. Or you could go to Stormwrack. It's all up to you!

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ettin in the Playground

"Thanks!" Marcus says with a wide grin as the nurse congratulates him on his success. "My Froakie got a little beat up in my trial fight and I wanted to get him back to full health. I'd also like to know if you could apply this to him," Marcus adds, placing the Waterfall TM on the counter along with Gelver's Pokeball.
    The nurse nodded while typing information into her computer. Wonderful! As you may know, Pokemon Centers are free of charge to all trainers and subsidized by the league. It'll take about two hours for the healing and the TM application. You can either come back then or wait in our waiting room. The nurse indicated a well labeled sign above a door. You could see plush chairs and working desks inside.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #98
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    I'm afraid you may end up regretting that choice, but that's your choice. You will have a match with the Aron. It's tough hide will be difficult for you to break through, so be careful.

She released the pokemon, who quickly rushed up to hop on the golden throne in the room. Now then, we begin. League rules require that I allow you the first move, so prove to me why you deserve a trainer license.
    Spoiler: Battle Info
    Show
    Angus Initiative: 8
    Gladia Health: 47 Initiative: 6 Evasions*: ATK 2 SATK 1 ANY 1
    Focused Training: +1 Accuracy, +2 skill checks
    *Special Note: Due to No Guard, Gladia cannot apply Evasion against enemy melee attacks. However, the same holds holds true for her opponents.

Angus's nature is to let his opponents come to him, but even he recognizes the folly of such an idea. Tough hide, huh... Without further ado, Angus shouts, "Gladia, use Swords Dance!" Her restrained eagerness is shown as her blade slices through the air in preparation.
    Spoiler: Round 1
    Show
    Raise ATK CS by +2, which raises it to 15

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

"Thanks a bunch!" Marcus says with a grin, pulling out his various journals and pens as he goes to wait in the lobby, beginning to flesh out an assortment of notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Profile Album
    ???, Spheal, Owned by Augustus - The Spheal that I battled to gain my Trainer License. It's unlikely to show up again, but it can't hurt to have a record for sentiment's sake if nothing else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Technique Album
    Rock Moves
    Rollout - First used to nearly make me lose my trial fight, Rollout is a dangerous Move that, while inaccurate, can rapidly change the tide of a fight.

Water Moves
    Water Gun - While only a basic ranged Water Attack, many Pokemon make use of this Move, meaning understanding it will likely greatly help against early Water-Type Pokemon.
    As Marcus reaches the end of his notes he frowns, looking at the clock. He still had quite a bit of time before he needed to be back to pick up his Pokemon so, without further adiae, the Trainer sets off, intent on getting some first hand information on the most popular locations in Stormwrack Harbor, particularly wherever the most popular battle spot was. It wouldn't hurt to scope out the competition and maybe gain a bit of an edge, right?

Show

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prehysterical View Post
    Spoiler: Battle Info
    Show
    Angus Initiative: 8
    Gladia Health: 47 Initiative: 6 Evasions*: ATK 2 SATK 1 ANY 1
    Focused Training: +1 Accuracy, +2 skill checks
    *Special Note: Due to No Guard, Gladia cannot apply Evasion against enemy melee attacks. However, the same holds holds true for her opponents.

Angus's nature is to let his opponents come to him, but even he recognizes the folly of such an idea. Tough hide, huh... Without further ado, Angus shouts, "Gladia, use Swords Dance!" Her restrained eagerness is shown as her blade slices through the air in preparation.
    Spoiler: Round 1
    Show
    Raise ATK CS by +2, which raises it to 15
    I won't let you do as you please. Aron, sprint toward him! The aron, slow as it was, began charging towards Gladia, not even leaving time to use a move.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ettin in the Playground

"Thanks a bunch!" Marcus says with a grin, pulling out his various journals and pens as he goes to wait in the lobby, beginning to flesh out an assortment of notes.

As Marcus reaches the end of his notes he frowns, looking at the clock. He still had quite a bit of time before he needed to be back to pick up his Pokemon so, without further adiae, the Trainer sets off, intent on getting some first hand information on the most popular locations in Stormwrack Harbor, particularly wherever the most popular battle spot was. It wouldn't hurt to scope out the competition and maybe gain a bit of an edge, right?
    As a native of Stormwrack, you remembered a park that had been a particularly popular spot for battlers, although it had annoyed your parents to no end due to safety concerns. As you headed there, you noticed a sign that read 'TRAINERS ONLY: POKEMON BATTLES COMMON'. Well, at least they'd taken public opinion into account.

That didn't stop many people from gathering, forming rings around several battles. There was occasionally a large cheer from the crowds as one of the pokemon got in a good it or made a particularly spectacular evasion. It had a certain flair that the gym had lacked. Showmanship was just as important here as technical skill it seemed.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

Marcus grins as he finds the battle spot. It was basically the perfect area for him to get some quick notes in about Moves, the city and, most importantly, important Trainers. With a grin far too wide for somebody at a battle spot without, well, anything to battle with at the moment, Marcus finds a good vantage point, wherever that may be and, after pulling out his journal, simply begins to take notes, writing about Trainers, Moves, the battle spot itself; he had quite a bit of time to kill and, frankly, no better place to kill it than here!

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Pretty much just using Chronicler to add as much information as I can! Up to you how many Scenes I manage to sneak in. I can snag 4 Chronicler uses a Scene, so just let me know if I need to roll anything!

Show

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Adam nodded once in acknowledgement before his earlier joy made it's way back up,"Well, thanks for everything Leo; hopefully the next time you see me in here I'll be ready to give you run for your money," he said with a cocky grin, "'Til next time, take care!"

And with those words of parting the lad step aside, allowing the next challenger to start getting ready for his own match with the gym leader. As the pair got ready to leave the gym they couldn't help but be overwhelmed by the shear giddyness of being able to step out of the gym together for the first time, and the road of possibilities that unfolded before them as they took the first few steps on their journey.

Now out of sight from their peers they found themselves unable to contain their excitement any longer the lad and his mon cheered once more, practically jumping in place unashamedly for nearly a minute before the two collected themselves once more. The boy couldn't wait to give his mother the good news, but that would have to wait 'till they got Thistle patched up. So light of hearts, the pair strode towards the Pokemon Center as they drifted down from their shared high.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

Hug me, you know you want to.

14. - Top - End - #104

I won't let you do as you please. Aron, sprint toward him! The aron, slow as it was, began charging towards Gladia, not even leaving time to use a move.
    Unfortunately, Gladia would have to wait longer before she could use the dance again. Still, it seems that Aron doesn't have any ranged attacks. It was time to play the long game. Remember, the last one standing is the winner, not the strongest or the fastest. "Gladia! Get back and get some room!" She obliges, eager to fight but trusting enough to obey.
    Spoiler: Round 2
    Show
    Gladia moves back Overland 2 spaces to gain some space.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ray was momentarily conflicted. He wasn't sure he wanted to wait, anxious to start on his journey. However, Lillian was an experienced trainer and it would be wise to listen to her advice. The boy humbly accepted the package, smiling again to the Thousand Acre Ranch's Gym Leader and saying, "Thank you for everything."

With that done, he headed out. Jasper crept back down onto his shoulder and Raymond considered putting his Joltik back in its pokeball. However, he realized that the little guy had probably been stuck in that pokeball for nearly a year so he decided to let the little electric bug hang out on him. While he couldn't make a decision on how to proceed to Wrystone, there was one thing he definitely needed to do first: go tell his parents the good news!

“Had every Athenian citizen been a Socrates, every Athenian assembly would still have been a mob.” -- The Federalist No. 55

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ettin in the Playground

Marcus grins as he finds the battle spot. It was basically the perfect area for him to get some quick notes in about Moves, the city and, most importantly, important Trainers. With a grin far too wide for somebody at a battle spot without, well, anything to battle with at the moment, Marcus finds a good vantage point, wherever that may be and, after pulling out his journal, simply begins to take notes, writing about Trainers, Moves, the battle spot itself; he had quite a bit of time to kill and, frankly, no better place to kill it than here!

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Pretty much just using Chronicler to add as much information as I can! Up to you how many Scenes I manage to sneak in. I can snag 4 Chronicler uses a Scene, so just let me know if I need to roll anything!
    There were about four battles going on at any one point in time. Most of the battlers looked to be somewhere between Rank 2 to Rank 5, and certainly no newbie trainers were battling here. It seemed custom to play with a $2,000 bet on the outcome of the match. Additionally, the crowd also seemed to have an effect on the morale of the pokemon fighting, making a flashy style of battling much more advantageous than a defensive style.

You also manged to take notes on a variety of moves, used to great effect by many battlers. There was one trainer that seemed particularly competent, a trainer named Terry who managed to defeat four of her opponent's pokemon with only two pokemon, not even needing to release her third or fourth pokemon.

To soon however, it was time for you to head back to the pokemon center and pick up Gelver, as an hour and half had already passed.

Spoiler
    Show
    You took journal entries on:
    The park itself

The following moves:
    Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Aerial Ace, Toxic, Headbutt, Sucker Punch, and Substitute

Trainers/Pokemon
    A trainer named Terry who specialized in Normal Types. You thought she was a Rank4 or 5, but you couldn't be sure.
    You also got notes on her Raticate and her Zangoose

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prehysterical View Post
    Unfortunately, Gladia would have to wait longer before she could use the dance again. Still, it seems that Aron doesn't have any ranged attacks. It was time to play the long game. Remember, the last one standing is the winner, not the strongest or the fastest. "Gladia! Get back and get some room!" She obliges, eager to fight but trusting enough to obey.
    Spoiler: Round 2
    Show
    Gladia moves back Overland 2 spaces to gain some space.
    Androssi grimaced. So you're interested in the long battle? I can't say that I'm not disappointed, especially with your family's reputation for fighting fast and strong. You aren't, however, the only one who can buff your pokemon. Aron, use Harden! The metal pokemon hunkered down and began to grow extra layers of skin to raise its defensive power.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aron uses harden!

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ettin in the Playground

Adam nodded once in acknowledgement before his earlier joy made it's way back up,"Well, thanks for everything Leo; hopefully the next time you see me in here I'll be ready to give you run for your money," he said with a cocky grin, "'Til next time, take care!"

And with those words of parting the lad step aside, allowing the next challenger to start getting ready for his own match with the gym leader. As the pair got ready to leave the gym they couldn't help but be overwhelmed by the shear giddyness of being able to step out of the gym together for the first time, and the road of possibilities that unfolded before them as they took the first few steps on their journey.

Now out of sight from their peers they found themselves unable to contain their excitement any longer the lad and his mon cheered once more, practically jumping in place unashamedly for nearly a minute before the two collected themselves once more. The boy couldn't wait to give his mother the good news, but that would have to wait 'till they got Thistle patched up. So light of hearts, the pair strode towards the Pokemon Center as they drifted down from their shared high.
    The Pokemon Center wasn't hard to find, as there were signs on every corner pointing to the red and white building. When you walked in, the place seemed clean. So clean that it felt sterile in a lot of ways. Welcome to the Pokemon Center, please scan your Trainer License. She indicated with a wave of her hand to a machine on the counter. It had a slot in the middle, obviously meant for scanning cards.

The machine swallowed your card easily, and the nurse glanced at her computer, checking to make sure the picture on the card matched your face. When she looked up, she had a bright smile on her face. Congratulations on your recent acquisition of a trainer card! Pokemon Centers can provide a wide variety of services from healing to TM application, to rest rooms. How may I help you today?

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ettin in the Playground

Ray was momentarily conflicted. He wasn't sure he wanted to wait, anxious to start on his journey. However, Lillian was an experienced trainer and it would be wise to listen to her advice. The boy humbly accepted the package, smiling again to the Thousand Acre Ranch's Gym Leader and saying, "Thank you for everything."

With that done, he headed out. Jasper crept back down onto his shoulder and Raymond considered putting his Joltik back in its pokeball. However, he realized that the little guy had probably been stuck in that pokeball for nearly a year so he decided to let the little electric bug hang out on him. While he couldn't make a decision on how to proceed to Wrystone, there was one thing he definitely needed to do first: go tell his parents the good news!
    You mother was in the kitchen pitting cherries so they could be taken to market when you got in. Fritz, the family Stoutland lay lazily on the ground by the chair, panting slightly in the summer heat. It quickly rose and trotted over to you, smelling your shoes and legs to find out what you'd gotten up to without her.

Welcome back Ray she said without looking up from her work. Did you go and see Charlie again this morning? We weren't sure what happened to you, and without a note ... well it just makes me worry.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

"I'm going to be the next champion. I'd hope I was exceptional!" Dominic says easily. Arlo has now made it all the way up and is sitting on Dominic's backpack, laying it's head and arms over the top of his head. It almost looked like Dominic was wearing a sandshrew helmet. He nods along with the rest of what she was saying, making a note of the big points she was making. Train, make some money, head for Central. He'd planned on heading to Central first anyway, but it was nice that she'd confirmed it for him. How do you really train outside the gym though? Or get ahold of bait and money. Maybe someone around town needs something done... "Where do I get bait? And, uh... how would I make some money?" He'd only ever gotten an allowance before. "Is there a good strategy you have for training quickly?"

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Hey there, I just got out of my gym battle and I think Thistle needs a little patching up after all that," Adam explained politely as he brought out the chespin's ball along side the TM he had received, "And would it be possible to give him this TM too?"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

Hug me, you know you want to.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

"Perfect," Marcus says, scribbling note after note down. Not all of them were particularly exciting, but that wasn't the point. The more he knew, the more prepared he was and, ultimately, the better he would do in the long run. It was like going to the gym; not every day of it would be the best but, someday, it would all pay off.

Quote Originally Posted by Travel Archive
    Stormwrack Harbor
    Stormwrack Battle Park - Primarily composed of Trainers Rank 2 and above, the Battle Park seems to appreciate quick battles, with the crowd having a noticeable impact on the outcome of battles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Technique Album
    Dark Moves
    Sucker Punch - A close-range Move, this attack is little more than a cheap shot, but a cheap shot at alarming speed nonetheless.

Electric Moves
    Thunderbolt - A powerful blast of lightning, this attack appears to be a consistently powerful attack that occasionally leaves a foe hardly able to move, much like Gelver's Lick.

Fire Moves
    Flamethrower - Similar in power and consistency to Thunderbolt, although instead of paralysis the concentrated heat can easily burn.

Ice Moves
    Ice Beam - A concentrated beam of cold, this attack both inflicts heavy damage and can leave a foe locked in a solid block of ice.

Flying Moves
    Aerial Ace - A flipping, flying assault from above that seems to be nearly impossible to defend against. Worth looking into for Gelver.

Normal Moves
    Headbutt - A vicious headcrack that more often than not appears to leave the foe too dazed or concussed to react immediately.

Substitute - A strange Move that apparently creates a decoy from the Pokemon's own health, providing protection from a host of ailments and a orotective shield.

Poison Moves
    Toxic - An attack based on a vicious venom that ravages the target more and more as time goes on. An extremely dangerous Move.
    Quote Originally Posted by Profile Album
    Trainers
    Terry, Rank 4-5 - A Normal Type specialist first spotted in Stormwrack Harbor, Terry displayed abnormal amounts of skill, easily defeating a Trainer with only two Pokemon.

Trainer's Pokemon
    ???, Raticate, Owned by Terry - A fast, brutal Pokemon, this Raticate moved with blinding speed, jaws tearing through everything in their way.

???, Zangoose, Owned by Terry - Similar to her Raticate, Terry's Zangoose was extremely fast and brutal with his long claws.
    With his notes finalized Marcus heads back, but not before throwing one last look at Terry. Obviously the woman was an exceptional Trainer and, at least from appearances, looked to specialize in Normal Types, just like the first Gym he planned to challenge. Maybe after he picked up Gelver he could get some advice? There was no guarantee of help, but it couldn't hurt, right? Saying goodbye to his parents could wait until later.

Either way, Marcus needed his Pokemon back. Eager to begin his real journey the boy dashes back towards the Pokemon Center, hoping that Terry sticks around the Battle Park for a little longer.

Show

23. - Top - End - #113
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ray nearly smacked himself. In all the excitement of the day, he had completely forgotten to tell his parents he was going to the pokemon gym. Looking down at Fritz, he smiled and pet her head, even gently scritching behind her ears. Jasper crawled around to stay out of sight, most likely nervous about the big pokemon. "Hey girl, you being good?"

Turning his attention back to his mother, Ray took out his Trainer's License. He examined it for a moment before clearing his throat and holding it out for her to see as he said, "No, I didn't go to Charlie's, Mom. I kinda, sorta, became a Pokemon Trainer."
    Last edited by Blind Venetian; 2015-08-17 at 11:43 AM.

24. - Top - End - #114

Androssi grimaced. So you're interested in the long battle? I can't say that I'm not disappointed, especially with your family's reputation for fighting fast and strong. You aren't, however, the only one who can buff your pokemon. Aron, use Harden! The metal pokemon hunkered down and began to grow extra layers of skin to raise its defensive power.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aron uses harden!
    Androssi's comment hits a little too close to home after recent events. Tempering flaring, Angus forgets who he is speaking to. "I don't need to hear it from you, too! Gladia, weave and advance!" Gladia begins floating forward, dancing and slashing as she creeps forward slowly.
    Spoiler: Round 3
    Show
    Gladia shifts 1 square ahead and uses Sword Dance, putting her at CS 4 in ATK and raising it to 19

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ettin in the Playground

"Perfect," Marcus says, scribbling note after note down. Not all of them were particularly exciting, but that wasn't the point. The more he knew, the more prepared he was and, ultimately, the better he would do in the long run. It was like going to the gym; not every day of it would be the best but, someday, it would all pay off.

With his notes finalized Marcus heads back, but not before throwing one last look at Terry. Obviously the woman was an exceptional Trainer and, at least from appearances, looked to specialize in Normal Types, just like the first Gym he planned to challenge. Maybe after he picked up Gelver he could get some advice? There was no guarantee of help, but it couldn't hurt, right? Saying goodbye to his parents could wait until later.

Either way, Marcus needed his Pokemon back. Eager to begin his real journey the boy dashes back towards the Pokemon Center, hoping that Terry sticks around the Battle Park for a little longer.
    The nurse greeted you when you arrived. Welcome back Marcus! We've just finished up applying the TM to your Froakie. She scanned your card one more time and then handed over Gelver's pokeball. Is there anything else that we can help you with today?

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ettin in the Playground

"Hey there, I just got out of my gym battle and I think Thistle needs a little patching up after all that," Adam explained politely as he brought out the chespin's ball along side the TM he had received, "And would it be possible to give him this TM too?"
    The nurse nodded and smiled, taking Thistle's ball and the TM. Of course we can! It'll be just under two hours for the healing and TM application, but they're completely free of charge. You can either wait in our waiting room or come back in when we've finished.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jacior View Post
    "I'm going to be the next champion. I'd hope I was exceptional!" Dominic says easily. Arlo has now made it all the way up and is sitting on Dominic's backpack, laying it's head and arms over the top of his head. It almost looked like Dominic was wearing a sandshrew helmet. He nods along with the rest of what she was saying, making a note of the big points she was making. Train, make some money, head for Central. He'd planned on heading to Central first anyway, but it was nice that she'd confirmed it for him. How do you really train outside the gym though? Or get ahold of bait and money. Maybe someone around town needs something done... "Where do I get bait? And, uh... how would I make some money?" He'd only ever gotten an allowance before. "Is there a good strategy you have for training quickly?"
    Savannah answered question with the quick ease of somebody who had fielded this question many times. You can pick up bait from any restaurant in town or from one of the Pokemarts. Shopkeepers oftentimes have odd jobs that they'll pay for young trainers to take care of, or if you're confident in your abilities you could challenge one of these folks she gestures at those gathered to take their test, If any of them actually pass.

And as far as training goes, the quickest way is through battling and a consistent morning regimen. Oh, and the Varro food store across town sells baby food, which is a useful tool for young pokemon like Arlo. You'll get the most bang for your buck if you use it in the morning however.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ettin in the Playground

Ray nearly smacked himself. In all the excitement of the day, he had completely forgotten to tell his parents he was going to the pokemon gym. Looking down at Fritz, he smiled and pet her head, even gently scritching behind her ears. Jasper crawled around to stay out of sight, most likely nervous about the big pokemon. "Hey girl, you being good?"

Turning his attention back to his mother, Ray took out his Trainer's License. He examined it for a moment before clearing his throat and holding it out for her to see as he said, "No, I didn't go to Charlie's, Mom. I kinda, sorta, became a Pokemon Trainer."
    Your mother finally looked up from the cherries, a small frown playing across her face. Wow. I didn't think ... Usually people wait a couple of years before they take the test. But if you passed then I suppose you're ready.

She shook her head and chuckled. Oh what am I saying? Congratulations! I'll have to make something special for dinner tonight. Are you going to stick around for a while, or are you planning on leaving right way tomorrow? She snagged your pokegear from you before you could react and started typing in it. There, now I know you have your father and my numbers before you run off to god knows where.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

"I don't think so!" Marcus says excitedly, quickly taking back Gelver's ball. "Thanks again!" the boy cries before half-sprinting out the door, making his way back to the battle park to try to catch Terry before she leaves.

Show

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ettin in the Playground

"I don't think so!" Marcus says excitedly, quickly taking back Gelver's ball. "Thanks again!" the boy cries before half-sprinting out the door, making his way back to the battle park to try to catch Terry before she leaves.
    You arrived at the park as Terry was just finishing her second battle of the day. While you only caught the ending, her Kangaskhan took out her opponent's Magmar with a flurry of lightning fast punches. After the battle was over she returned the pokemon and obtained her prize money from her opponent, pocketing it with a smile.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show