New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,498 of 1498
  1. - Top - End - #1471

Default Re: Warhammer 40k -II- Tactics for the Tactics God

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Who knows what will happen? The GW staffers told me "Valkyries are so cool!" I have since realised that they're liars and I should never trust them, ever. Although, come to think of it, they've told me a lot of things over the years that simply aren't true.
    They're the ones producing the models. What did you expect them to say? Yeah we produce models of unit X, but unit X isn't actually that great, so don't buy them so we go banckrupt.

The MTG guys admit they produce bad cards and models, but since they're bought in random boosters, you really don't have a chance.

Could you imagine how would it be to play 40k if the models came in booster packs? Brrr....

Anyway, very nice to see someone who's willing to try out units before dismissing them.

As for special characters being imba, well, there's two details about that:
    1-You can always take only one of them.
    2-The mechanics of the game mean that puting a lot of points in a single model is very risky, so it better be damn good.

So sure those special characters are pretty good, but if your oponent knows what he's doing, he can neutralize them pretty quickly with numbers.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2009-07-22 at 05:04 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Barbarian in the Playground

I finally get an internet connection up on this vacation and check the playground to see what's up, and they go and tell me VASSAL has closed down. However, I do see that he is encouraging people to download while they can, so I'd assume the server is staying. Even then, though, people will still bore eventually, and with no new people, it will slowly die.

Hopefully by that time I'll have a real 40k army.

On that note, what are the chances that the 40k module (because I do believe the engine is widespread for all sorts of games and still in use) ends up for download on less-than-reputable sites?

Also on that note, I wrote up two lists on notepad in boredom, I'll post them (in spoilers, for space and so someone can tell me if I broke the rules on posting points on the internet, I'm not 100% clear on those) and ask for critiques. More on the first one, the second list was more of a pure boredom, probably won't be used list. Both 1500 points.

Tau:
    Spoiler
    Show
    HQ
    Shas'o, Flamer, Airbusting Fragmentation Projector, Multi-Tracker, Shield Drone, Gun Drone, Bonding Knife, Stimulant Injector. 144 pts.

Shas'el, Fusion Blaster, T-L Missile Pod, H-W Multi-Tracker. 90 pts.
    -2 Shas'vre, T-L Fusion Blasters, Target Locks. 116 pts.

ELITES
    2 Shas'ui, T-L Plasma Rifles, Targetting Arrays. 130 pts.

5 Stealth Suits, Targetting Arrays, Shas'vre has Markerlight, Fusion Blaster, HW Multi-Tracker, Bonding Knife, Marker Drone, Gun Drone. 272 pts.

TROOPS
    12 Fire Warriors, Shas'ui has Markerlight, Bonding Knife, Gun Drone. 155 pts.

10 Kroot, Shaper. 91 pts.

10 Kroot, Shaper. 91 pts.

FAST ATTACK
    8 Pathfinders, 3 Rail Rifles Shas'ui has Bonding Knife. 141 pts.
    -Devilfish, Disruption Pod. 85 pts.

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Broadside Team Leader, Advanced Stabilisation System, HW Multi-Tracker. 90 pts.

Broadside Team Leader, Advanced Stabilisation System, HW Multi-Tracker. 90 pts.

The leader is probably the least point efficient unit there, and I could definitely use much more point effective suit configurations, but I've used a similar leader before, and I like it. Personal preference. He charges headlong at the enemy, flaming and barraging them, and then may even assault as long as it's not something like banshees. HQ part two will deep strike and kill tanks, hopefully (I do not claim to use the most effective strategies, as long as they're generally effective and I like how they sound). The other Crisis team kills stuff like Terminators. The Stealth Team may be a point drain, but every time I try to take points away, I end up adding more. They start out as close as possible to the enemy, hopefully getting a marker or two on them by turn one so everyone else can do some more serious damage at the start, and probably taking something out themselves at the least. Fire Warriors sit on an objective and shoot whatever is in range. Kroot will either both infiltrate, or one will infiltrate and the other protect the warriors from CC. They may also sit on objectives as needed. Pathfinders mark stuff, kill MEQs, or against horde armies (specifically IG) split their rifle shots up and cause as many pinning tests as possible (pinning doesn't happen a lot, but 4 possible pinning tests per turn will probably cause one eventually, not counting my other Gun Drones/Barrage Weapons to help out). Broadsides kill whatever they can. Hopefully it's armored and worth a lot.

Space Marines/Witch Hunter/Daemon Hunters
    Spoiler
    Show
    HQ
    Captain Cato Sicarius. 200 pts.
    -Command Squad, 4 Plasma Guns. 175 pts.
    -Drop Pod. 35 pts.

Adepta Sororitas Canoness, Inferno Pistol, Power Weapon, Book of St. Lucius. 75 pts.
    -5 Celestians, 2 Meltaguns, Veteran Superior has Plasma Pistol, Brazier of Holy Fire. 100 pts.
    -Immolator. 65 pts.

TROOPS
    10 Tactical Marines, Flamer, Missile Launcher, Scouts (from Sicarius). 170 pts.
    -Razorback, Twin-Linked Lascannon. 75 pts.

5 Scout Marines, Bolters, Missile Launcher. 85 pts.

14 Battle Sisters, Veteran Superior has Krak Grenades. 168 pts.

ELITES
    5 Sternguard Veterans, 3 Combi-Meltas. 140 pts.
    -Drop Pod. 35 pts.

FAST ATTACK
    5 Teleport Attack Grey Knights, 2 Incinerators. 175 pts.

Sicarius and his squad kill heavy infantry. Cannoness and crew can take tanks or hordes, preference towards tanks. Razorback comes in from the side with it's Marine crew, general purpose, probably going to sit on an objective and shoot whats near (the razorback will shoot tanks until it inevitably pops). Scouts infiltrate and shoot stuff. Battle Sisters sit in the back and shoot with the Scouts. Sternguard Vets drop in and kill Tanks/Monstrous Creatures/stuff other people can't hurt/reach. Grey Knights strike in and probably die quickly, but they have decent anti-horde ability, can possibly rip up a vehicle in CC (as well as... a lot of other units)...... but really were taken because I had issues with a Farseer and his Warlock posse in one game, and would love to incinerate them from out of nowhere, though I will probably never play against them or use this list again.

Lesser question: How do you deal with someone who uses Eldrad and Wave Serpents? Specific list was something like Eldrad, (the following are all in Wave Serpents) 1 Banshee squad, 1 Fire Dragon Squad, and 2 Dire Avenger Squads, as well as a Fire Prism. He gets to reroll his cover saves against attacks that are 8+D6 at max on AV12, then drop his guys on me and attack before I can react (especially nasty was a Guided-Doomed-Bladestorm, but facing that was probably my fault).
    My last breath... ...is also my mintiest...

Avatar credit goes to a strictly platonic friend.

Former Avatar credit goes to Howl.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Bugbear in the Playground

Speaking of Vassal... anyone up for a 2000 point game?
    Spoiler
    Show

All Avatars by Elder Tsofu!

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Copper8642 View Post
    Lesser question: How do you deal with someone who uses Eldrad and Wave Serpents? Specific list was something like Eldrad, (the following are all in Wave Serpents) 1 Banshee squad, 1 Fire Dragon Squad, and 2 Dire Avenger Squads, as well as a Fire Prism. He gets to reroll his cover saves against attacks that are 8+D6 at max on AV12, then drop his guys on me and attack before I can react (especially nasty was a Guided-Doomed-Bladestorm, but facing that was probably my fault).
    Well the fire prism shouldn't be too hard to take care of, since it doesn't have the energy field. I would say your first thing should be to target the transport that doesn't have fortune on it. Eldrad can use 3 powers, but he can only use any given power twice, so even with another farseer around he can only fortune 3 wave serpents. Fortune also only has a 6" range so its a bit harder to use on multiple vehicles after the first turn.

Since wave serpents aren't assault vehicles you can only assault after disembarking from them if the vehicle doesn't move at all, including turning in place. I don't think I've had any games where I can get into a position to assault out of a vehicle on the 2nd turn, even going flat out. Maybe if you turned the back of the transport to the enemy, but then you are AV10 and loose the energy field bonus.
    Its not really a bit issue for the dire avengers or the fire dragons because they don't have to assault, but it is for the banshees.

Fire dragons... just expect them to kill something the turn they disembark, and after that they can usually be wiped out, or at least tied up for the rest of the game by a lot of different things.

The dire avengers are more of an issue, and it depends a lot on what you are fielding against them. They will tear up just about any infantry in the game, but they aren't going to touch anything over AV10 on a vehicle. Also the bladestorm keeps them from shooting the next turn. You will probably loose something to them, but then either take out their transport so they can't get away when they are loosing the turn of shooting from the bladestorm, or take them out, depending what you have to shoot at each and which has the fortune.

The biggest issue with all of those units is that they are very good at killing 1 thing, but they aren't that durable. If you let them isolate your forces they will take you apart piece by piece. If you force them to deal with a lot of your army at the same time, so they can't kill one thing without leaving themselves open to being counterattacked, then you have a good chance of wearing them down.

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Firbolg in the Playground

Man, I just learned about Vassal 40k, and even gave it to a friend, and now, when I'm on vacation, it says it's shutting down before I can get down. Just downloaded EVERYTHING onto my laptop.

Anyways, I played a game against myself on Vassal, 500 points Necrons vs IG. That would technically count as my first ever 40k game. My thoughts:

Spoiler
    Show
    My first thoughts were: Necrons really don't have any flexibility for small battles. 500 points will only buy 2x10 Warriors, and a Lord with an Orb. Fighting them was a group of around 60 (horribly underpowered) IG. Almost all infantry, with a single auto-cannon.

I decided to do a really simple battle-field, so it turned into a shoot-out. They got the first kill, killing a single Necron in their first turn. Combined with an Orb, Necrons are really hard to kill and stay dead. I like that in a man, erm, army. In return, I wiped out an entire squad that got too close. Man, that gave me such a thrill!

In the end though, after 6 turns of shooting, and my Lord fighting off anybody who got too close (Normally, would have some Flayed Ones as a CC screen for my CC-weak Warriors), it was a tie. I killed around 2/3 of the IG, and they killed around 1/2 of me. It was a fun game, and now I know that Necrons are the army I want.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Oslecamo View Post
    They're the ones producing the models. What did you expect them to say? Yeah we produce models of unit X, but unit X isn't actually that great, so don't buy them so we go banckrupt.
    Well, as I mentioned, I'm actually an Ork player in disguise. And Ork Fighta-Bommaz are one of the rockin'est units around. Surely, to my unImperial eyes, the better armed, better equipped less-prone-to-accidentally-blowing-itself-up Valkyrie would be good too...Right?

Like someone else said; Someone gave it Transport capacity for the lulz.

Funny stuff though; Storm Troopers Deep Strike from low-flying Valkyries. Except that you don't even need a Valkyrie to DS your STs. And low-flying Valks (like those seen on a gaming table) get shot to s* on the first or second turn. Often before I've even deployed the Grav Chute.

IG 'Land Raider' my a*. Since a Land Raider can actually take a fair bit of punishment. But, then again; It is twice the points.

GW don't often produce bad models (not today anyway). And the Valkyrie does look very nice. But, GW produces terrible rules for said models.

Could you imagine how would it be to play 40k if the models came in booster packs? Brrr....
    The horror!

Anyway, very nice to see someone who's willing to try out units before dismissing them.
    Well, as I said; I don't believe in Mathammer. As such, numbers in books mean very little to me. Probably because I come from a WHFB background where strategy actually plays a part in the outcome of the game. Rather than in 40K where it's usually 'Whomever gets into assault first; Wins.' I've found that once a dedicated Assault unit gets on a roll (pun not intended) it's pretty much game over.

Still, I'm trying out a Punisher because, well, if I don't like it, I'll just change it to a trusty Demolisher (hooray for multi-part plastic boxes!). Which I know will work. Trust the Classics.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Rather than in 40K where it's usually 'Whomever gets into assault first; Wins.' I've found that once a dedicated Assault unit gets on a roll (pun not intended) it's pretty much game over.
    Odd. I've found that it's quite often: an Assault unit charges, wipes out one unit more or less directly, and is then blasted to smithereens in the following shooting phase, since they're now standing unprotected in the middle of the enemy army. At leas unless said Assault unit is something ultrahard, in which case it's usually slow... (I reserve myself for Nob bikers, though... thank god I haven't med those)
    GENERATION 15: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.

8. - Top - End - #1478

IG 'Land Raider' my a*. Since a Land Raider can actually take a fair bit of punishment. But, then again; It is twice the points.
    That's why I said IG Land Raider. IG always compensates lack of quality with numbers. Why have one super armored shooty transport when you can have two medium armored shooty transports for the same price?

Mind you, the extra mobility and skimmer rules also make it harder to shoot down than your average armor 12 vehicle.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2009-07-23 at 04:17 AM.

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Copper8642 View Post
    On that note, what are the chances that the 40k module (because I do believe the engine is widespread for all sorts of games and still in use) ends up for download on less-than-reputable sites?
    This being the Internet, even without possessing any kind of knowledge about that program's scene or functionality whatsoever, I'm simply going to say "Extremely likely".

Also, due to GitP policy, I believe we are in need of a new thread. Who's going to start one?
    Last edited by Winterwind; 2009-07-23 at 04:22 AM.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oslecamo View Post

Ehehehe!

"Gee, I wonder if this four-foot-square Booster has a Necron Monolith in it, while these tiny packages have only Grots and Scout Marines?"

Yes, I can see several ways that concept could go badly wrong.
    --

Meta Knight avatar courtesy of Connor DarkDart.

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Ogre in the Playground

One Valkyrie is not really any good by itself - just as sending any unit from any army out alone and unsupported will get it isolated and killed. Drive a squad or STs in a chimera out alone as you would in a Valk and they'll be toast. Drive three it's a decent offence. Same with Valks - they come in squadrons and everything

Also I've had success keeping a fast moving skimmer with troops (LS Storm) alive and useful by holding it in my backfield for 2-3 turns (behind a building of similar), then using it as a counter-attack.

Just because it can move 24" doesn't mean you have to do so on the first turn, and just becasue it has tropps doesn't mean it must be trying to capture objectives. Let your foe send his Land Raider near your lines - dropping three meltaguns, demo charges and melta bombs in front of it will serioursly stall his advance. Add Bastonne or keep them near an Officer and you can Bring It Down! too. The Valk can then fire on the exposed passengers.
    Princess in the streets.
    Princess in the sheets.
    Don't touch me I'm royalty.

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Azukar View Post
    Ehehehe!

"Gee, I wonder if this four-foot-square Booster has a Necron Monolith in it, while these tiny packages have only Grots and Scout Marines?"

Yes, I can see several ways that concept could go badly wrong.
    Weren't there "huge packs" or something for DnD-minis? I mean, they could do something like that.
    "One Monolith or Forgeworld Titan in every package!"
    Resident Vancian Apologist

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Ogre in the Playground

So I updated my Plasma Storm armies for 500, 1000, 1500 and 2000 points.

Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Type|Composition|Equipment|Point Cost
    HQ|Command squad|Carapace armors, 3 plasmaguns, vox|120
    Troops|10 Veterans|Carapace armors, 3 plasmaguns, vox|150
    Fast Attack|1 Armoured sentinel|Smoke launchers, heavy plasma gun|80
    ||
    Total:
    |500[/table]

Spoiler
    Show
    HQ|Command squad|Carapace armors, 3 plasmaguns, vox
    ||1 plasma pistol|130
    Heavy Support|1 Leman Russ|Heavy plasma guns, extra armor
    |Executioner|camouflage threads|265
    ||
    Total:
    |995[/table]

Spoiler
    Show
    Fast Attack|3 Armoured sentinels|Smoke launchers, heavy plasma gun|240
    ||
    Total:
    |1500[/table]

Spoiler
    Show
    HQ|Command squad|Carapace armors, 3 plasmaguns, vox
    ||1 plasma pistol, Chimera, extra armor|200
    Troops|10 Veterans|Carapace armors, 3 plasmaguns, vox|
    ||Chimera with extra armor|220
    ||
    Total:
    |2000[/table]

Yes, I do love plasma and my Veterans.
    Last edited by Dark Faun; 2009-07-23 at 06:54 PM.
    Formerly known as Discord here and Maladin on avatarspirit.net.

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Weren't there "huge packs" or something for DnD-minis? I mean, they could do something like that.
    "One Monolith or Forgeworld Titan in every package!"
    more like 4 monoliths or a titan in every package, given sizes.
    Thank Saturn for this avatar!

15. - Top - End - #1485
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Discord View Post
    That looks like an interresting army. Perhaps a bit much plasma, though.

My one advice (given the theme) would probably be to split up the sentinels in three units instead of two, thus giving you a bit more control to "optimal amount of plasma" for a target.

Also, how are you gonna deal with vehicles? Plasmaguns would probably struggle a bit already at AV12...
    GENERATION 15: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.

16. - Top - End - #1486
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Is it possible for you to use spoiler tags next time?

On actual critique though; Like FlyingScanian these lists will definitely have problems when they face armoured targets. The 500 List is perfectly fine.

The 1000 list is pushing it. Since you have one tank. You might just get lucky and have Blast markers end on the target's rear armour. If you're lucky. And if that tank dies, because your opponent will automatically think 'Tank!' and shoot it. Then what do you do?

1500 list is definitely wrong. It's good that you're taking a truckload of Veterans though. I think where I'm going wrong is that I'm only taking one or two units of Veterans, rather than going MEQ. But, the thing to remember is that Imperial Guard Veterans are not Marines. They don't have WS/S/T 4. They don't have 3+ saves. They don't have bolters. If you treat your guardsmen like Marines, they will die. In droves. Which is partly why I don't like Veterans...Still...

1500 is also the point where you begin to see Heavy Tanks. AV 12-14 becomes pretty common. Which your list has no way of dealing with effectively. Drop Grenadiers doctrine on some squads and get Demolitions. You can keep your plasmaguns though. Just make sure you have melta bombs and demo charges.

2000 List is just an extension of 1500. 2000 Lists you will definitely see Land Raiders and Monoliths (although, you see Monoliths in 1000 point armies because they're just so important to the Phalanx tactic {The only real tactic the necrons have}). Sure, your list is an Armoured Company and dead'ard. But, it can't dish out the damage that it takes.
    Drop some chimeras to grab some static Lascannons preferably with tanks attached to said Lascannon.

...I don't like Chimeras a whole lot because they serve to get you closer to the enemy...Which is exactly where Guardsmen don't want to be.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2009-07-23 at 06:14 PM.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

17. - Top - End - #1487
    Ogre in the Playground

I had a feeling the lists would be very unoptimized, but I wanted to go with a theme. And I always and only use Grenadiers because I use Vostroyans who, by fluff, have carapace armor.

I will swap some things with Leman Russes for sure, either classic or tank hunter. Some Hellhounds or equivalent might be useful too. Maybe less Veterans to take some nifty tanks.

18. - Top - End - #1488

...I don't like Chimeras a whole lot because they serve to get you closer to the enemy...Which is exactly where Guardsmen don't want to be.
    Actually, transports also serve to get you far away from your enemy. Shoot, embarck, redeploy, shoot again can really screw deepstriking melee specialists.

But yes, that list definetely needs some heavy firepower to take down enemy tancks.

19. - Top - End - #1489
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I had a feeling the lists would be very unoptimized, but I wanted to go with a theme.
    It's actually not that unoptimised. With the amount of Troops you're sporting, you'll probably be able to take out most similar 'swarm' armies that lasguns are actually effective against. And what your lasguns can't kill, super-heated balls of death will probably take them out, because you're just packing so much of it. The army would actually do well against most enemies. Providing your plasmaguns don't blow up in your face.

...But, all's it takes it one vehicle with AV 14 to defeat you. Unless you can stall that vehicle for six turns and somehow manage to kill everything else?
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

20. - Top - End - #1490
    Orc in the Playground

Quick question for the Chaos Marines players: What wargear would you reccomend for a unit of melee-oriented Chosen? I know they're not the best choice, but I want to make my army somewhat effective while remaining mostly fluffy, and Chosen fit the fluff as far as my Renegade's combat doctrine goes.

For refrence: There's 6 Chosen with an Aspiring Champion. What wargear would suit these guys for their intended role?
    Never eat French fish. They're poisson.

Avatar by Elder Tsofu. May he forever be as awesome as he is when I typed this.

21. - Top - End - #1491
    Ogre in the Playground

I worked a little on my 1000 points list.

Spoiler
    Show
    Heavy Support|1 Leman Russ Vanquisher|Laser cannon, multimeltas, extra armor|215
    Heavy Support|1 Leman Russ Vanquisher|Laser cannon, multimeltas, extra armor|215
    ||
    Total:
    |1000[/table]
    Last edited by Dark Faun; 2009-07-24 at 06:51 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1492

Quote Originally Posted by KilltheToy View Post
    Quick question for the Chaos Marines players: What wargear would you reccomend for a unit of melee-oriented Chosen? I know they're not the best choice, but I want to make my army somewhat effective while remaining mostly fluffy, and Chosen fit the fluff as far as my Renegade's combat doctrine goes.

For refrence: There's 6 Chosen with an Aspiring Champion. What wargear would suit these guys for their intended role?
    4 power weapons, a meltagun, and an Icon of your choosing (probably not Tzeentch. Khorne or Slaanesh are the preferred Icons for assault troops while Nurgle is just a good all-round Icon).

You could also go with Lightning claw sets for 4 of them, though I prefer power weapons because you're not losing their ranged ability.

23. - Top - End - #1493
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    4 power weapons, a meltagun, and an Icon of your choosing (probably not Tzeentch. Khorne or Slaanesh are the preferred Icons for assault troops while Nurgle is just a good all-round Icon).

You could also go with Lightning claw sets for 4 of them, though I prefer power weapons because you're not losing their ranged ability.
    Huh. That's roughly what I was going to do.

Thank you.
    Never eat French fish. They're poisson.

Avatar by Elder Tsofu. May he forever be as awesome as he is when I typed this.

24. - Top - End - #1494
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I worked a little on my 1000 points list.

Spoiler
    Show
    ||
    Total:
    |1000[/table]
    Well, that certainly takes care of the Anti-tank part... Might be a bit excessive with the Multi-melta sponsoons as well...

Also, by loosing your chimeras, you are now VERY static, which means that most things will shoot your poor veterans to itty bitty bits. Carapace is good, but way to many armies have AP4 ranged support weapons (they're called heavy bolters...)

Perhaps ditching the multi-meltas and squeezing in a chimera?

Also: anyone got any good ideas to titles for the next thread? Perhaps something akin to "Skulls for the skull throne", only exchange "skull" for something better? Curse my bad imagination...

25. - Top - End - #1495
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KilltheToy View Post
    Is that 6 Chosen with one of them being a Champion, or 6 Chosen plus a 7th model being a Champion? In the former case, an icon of Slaanesh would be fluffy, in the latter case one of Nurgle. Both should be rather fine for their role.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

26. - Top - End - #1496

The three icons (Khorne, Slaanesh, and Nurgle) that usually get used for assault troops are really just three different ways of doing the same thing: getting the most out of your attacks. Khorne just out and out gives you +1 attack, with Slaanesh you're probably going first with +1 I, and Nurgle just makes your troops harder to wound (limiting the effects of things like power weapons). Whichever one you take really just depends on what you have the points for and what you feel like taking.

27. - Top - End - #1497
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Last edited by Baxter190; 2009-07-24 at 12:10 PM.
    Founder of the Playgound Misfits, The Imperial Guard Reigment in the Playground
    Commisar Baxter, Local Morale Officer, of the Playground Misfits

28. - Top - End - #1498
    Ettin in the Playground

Well since I started this thread, I thought I should send it off.
    Its served us well for a little over 6 months.

Goodbye thread.