New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: [BitP:R] Soul Society 3

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    As the ex-Kido members are led away, in a clear voice the Eight speak out as one.

"The Tiger King roars, we break our bread at the gates of the Little One's demise, and forever grasp the contrails of the soaring comet. Tsuzuri Raiden!"

Lightning from the Eight course along the Bakudo in an electric storm, the scent of ozone filling the air as their charred bodies fall to the dark green grass. The sun continues to shine in the clearing, moving across the sky unaffected.
    Unable to stop the incantation, but agile enough to react, Aya dives for Shishiou as the two tumble away from the crackling storm. The rest of the Execution Squad members have all moved away safely, though several were a little slower but fortunately only slightly charred.

"Are you alright Shishiou?" ignoring honorifics, the concerned Aya starts patting him a little to feel for any burns. Her face is a mask of concern, but a seething fury is rising within her. To lose her captured targets like this! This is such an amateur mistake!

"A mistake indeed...a black mark." Kokumujou intones in a mocking tune. "A pity...a white mark removed." bemoans Hakumujou. Aya lets their voices wash over her, accepting the penance of shame and disappointment.

Getting up and offering a hand to Shishiou, Aya turns to her squad and speaks quietly. "Return to base to treat your wounds."
    Last edited by Nicklance; 2011-05-13 at 05:12 AM.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Ryouichi contemplates for a few moments, and opens his mouth to speak, but is interrupted by the Kazuo-vision."...Hm. Given the information, it could be possible this is a trap. I don't exactly want to be fooled twice... however. It may also force a standstill, given neither of our forces wants this war to escalate. And... I believe you are entirely capable of holding the fort for me, Masaru-taichou." The commander betrays a slight grin of camaraderie before sinking back to his usual muted expression. "Ryou-taichou, can you open the nearest senkai gate to the destination point, and direct me to it?"
    Masaru gives a thoughtful nod.

"Yes...too chaotic to necessarily be a trap. Or maybe not. I'll stand by for backup, as well as helping coordinate responses."

He turns to face Kazuo's image.

"Could you possibly get some sort of mobile communications platform over to that gate that I could use to stay in touch with the main Division HQs?"

He asks it as if it is a rhetorical question, almost.

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    11th Grounds

"Would be a shame if the mortals got uppity and Von geister ended up blanketing the area in toxic spores, Natsuko should still be in her maternity leave after all."

"The sixth senkaimon of the 11th division has been rerouted to the target position and will be ready for use in forty-one seconds
    - timer appears onscreen - two blocks south and three blocks west from your position."
    Masaru nods and waits for Ryouichi to move out, before staying close on the Commander's heels.

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]12th Division Grounds

Kazuo looks to Yoshi.

"Yoshi, go tell Katisugo to prepare the biological facilities, warm the scanners and prepare all decontamination procedures. I want to make sure we are ready to handle any spores, tumors and I don't want to see another blight infestation covering the seireitei with that bloody hollow lichen, once was enough."[/QUOTE]Yoshi salutes and runs off without a word.

Once inside, he finds the Vice-Captain with little trouble.

"Sir! Captain orders we prepare the biological facilities, warm the scanners, and prepare all decontamination procedures. He wants to keep a handle on spores, tumors, blight, and so forth."
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

3. - Top - End - #153
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklance View Post
    Unable to stop the incantation, but agile enough to react, Aya dives for Shishiou as the two tumble away from the crackling storm. The rest of the Execution Squad members have all moved away safely, though several were a little slower but fortunately only slightly charred.

"Are you alright Shishiou?" ignoring honorifics, the concerned Aya starts patting him a little to feel for any burns. Her face is a mask of concern, but a seething fury is rising within her. To lose her captured targets like this! This is such an amateur mistake!

"A mistake indeed...a black mark." Kokumujou intones in a mocking tune. "A pity...a white mark removed." bemoans Hakumujou. Aya lets their voices wash over her, accepting the penance of shame and disappointment.

Getting up and offering a hand to Shishiou, Aya turns to her squad and speaks quietly. "Return to base to treat your wounds."
    "Thanks, Aya-san. I'm fine." He notes to his friend.

"I didn't think they could actually cast Kidou while bound... I should have paralyzed their wrists before we proceeded." Shishiou noted with some disappointment. He quickly checks to see if any of them are displaying vitals yet. "This is bordering on fanaticism, Aya-san. I don't care what their excuse is, nobody should consider taking their own life for a cause.

Our ability to interfere with this is pretty limited right now... I'll take you up on that drink."
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

4. - Top - End - #154
    Orc in the Playground

11th Grounds

"Would be a shame if the mortals got uppity and Von geister ended up blanketing the area in toxic spores, Natsuko should still be in her maternity leave after all."

"The sixth senkaimon of the 11th division has been rerouted to the target position and will be ready for use in forty-one seconds
    - timer appears onscreen - two blocks south and three blocks west from your position."
    Ryouichi salutes his fellow captains, then makes his way to the designated area.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ettin in the Playground

Kazuo-vision and Masaru

A keyboard appears underneath the screen of the Kazuo-vision.

"This is the mobile terminal."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

6. - Top - End - #156
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post

12th Division Grounds

Kazuo looks to Yoshi.

"Yoshi, go tell Katisugo to prepare the biological facilities, warm the scanners and prepare all decontamination procedures. I want to make sure we are ready to handle any spores, tumors and I don't want to see another blight infestation covering the seireitei with that bloody hollow lichen, once was enough."Yoshi salutes and runs off without a word.

Once inside, he finds the Vice-Captain with little trouble.

"Sir! Captain orders we prepare the biological facilities, warm the scanners, and prepare all decontamination procedures. He wants to keep a handle on spores, tumors, blight, and so forth."
    Katisugo was already en-route back to 12th when Yoshi ran into him. The VC nods when Yoshi finishes.
    Well, then we probably don't have a moment to waste Yoshi. Lets go.

Katisugo zooms off heading straight for the lab. It only takes him a minute to arrive at the biological facilities. He heads over to a large control panel, typing in command prompts, and adjusting knobs. Machines begin to whir to life in the facility in a matter of seconds.

Katisugo turns to Yoshi whom has likely followed him.
    Yoshi, it will take around 5 to 10 minutes to create the base serum needed for negating the hollow spores. I need you to go to the storage room and get some of the hollow spore samples so I can modify the solution to have a maximum effect.
    Last edited by The Librarian; 2011-05-13 at 03:44 PM.
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

7. - Top - End - #157
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "Thanks, Aya-san. I'm fine." He notes to his friend.

"I didn't think they could actually cast Kidou while bound... I should have paralyzed their wrists before we proceeded." Shishiou noted with some disappointment. He quickly checks to see if any of them are displaying vitals yet. "This is bordering on fanaticism, Aya-san. I don't care what their excuse is, nobody should consider taking their own life for a cause.

Our ability to interfere with this is pretty limited right now... I'll take you up on that drink."
    "Its Tsuzuri Raiden, if they aren't good enough to disguise themselves with Kyokko, they must have placed all of themselves into making this work. I was such a fool to think they would quietly comply after being captured." Aya looks downcast as her fists tighten till the white of her knuckles could be seen.

"I need to head down to the 13th Division, find out if they are looking for volunteers to track down Captain Takeshi, obtain the basic equipment and permission to proceed. This...is highly unorthodox. My duties bind me here, but I have to see Takeshi...Let's go for a drink, I would need a short time to deliberate my actions." Aya nods as they leave this clearing after informing the relevant authorities to pick up the bodies.

----------------------------------------------------------------

The drinking session is rather sombre, despite Aya's best efforts to keep it jovial and cheery. The life-taking decision of death rather than surrender is a form of martyrdom that few have ever encountered, and never 8 at one go. Suffice to say that personally witnessing this event is very jarring on Aya's mind.

Given how much more intense her desire to seek out Takeshi has become, it is really clear that she knows him far better than casual contact and interaction would provide. Perhaps she goes way back with him, maybe even before she became a Shinigami.

However, credit where credit's due, her mannerisms in this drinking session, despite it still being rather bright in the day, are honorable and respectable, no intentions to insult the guest at all. But the bonds of friendship are sensitive enough to notice the awkwardness of her movements, her conversational pieces and the occasional jitters from the aftermath of that incident.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Kazuo-vision and Masaru

A keyboard appears underneath the screen of the Kazuo-vision.

"This is the mobile terminal."
    Masaru quickly works to bring up what tactical maps he can of the area.

"What's our comm status with the forces already present? And do you have any tactical maps of the area?"

Quote Originally Posted by Righty View Post
    Katisugo was already en-route back to 12th when Yoshi ran into him. The VC nods when Yoshi finishes.
    Well, then we probably don't have a moment to waste Yoshi. Lets go.

Katisugo zooms off heading straight for the lab. It only takes him a minute to arrive at the biological facilities. He heads over to a large control panel, typing in command prompts, and adjusting knobs. Machines begin to whir to life in the facility in a matter of seconds.

Katisugo turns to Yoshi whom has likely followed him.
    Yoshi, it will take around 5 to 10 minutes to create the base serum needed for negating the hollow spores. I need you to go to the storage room and get some of the hollow spore samples so I can modify the solution to have a maximum effect.
    Yoshi all but runs to the storage room, flashing his identification badge to get through the security door.

His return trip is notably slower. One doesn't risk an accidental release of things like these spores.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Orc in the Playground

[At the bar]

"You know, hypothetically speaking. I AM the 13th division's 4th seat. It IS my job to go down there and look for Takeshi.

I'm just so very defenseless, though. And I don't think it's wise for anyone to search for him and his associates on his or her own. Still, at this point I don't have anyone I can think of to join me in a recon party.

What oh what am I going to do, indeed."
    Mask down. Sip.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2011-05-13 at 07:37 PM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

10. - Top - End - #160
    Dwarf in the Playground

Katisugo continues typing away on the control pads. On the screens above one can see the quick succession of molecular structures being compiled, decomposed, and fused as the computer fire though 1000s of chemical reactions per minute.

Katisugo steps away from the screen to go and grab one of the spore samples; placing the sample in a quarantine box, making sure the box is completely sealed before releasing the spore in the box.

He then walks over to the control panel.
    Okay. Initializing First Test with Spore Sterilization Spray.

Vents in the top of the box open up as a aqua green mist fills the box. It takes about a 2 minute before the first results come through on the screen.

Preliminary Scan Results:
    ---
    ---56.4% Spore Neutralization---
    ---7.3% Spore Resistance---
    ---
    ---Estimated 100% Spore Neutralization:
    ---
    ---98.2 Seconds

Katisugo gazes at the results grimacing slightly at the the amount of time the neutralization would take.
    We may want to adjust the solution's formula.

He clicks a button that vacuums the spray out of the box and then incinerates the spore sample. Katisugo makes a mental note to himself to create samples to replace the ones used as he goes on typing in adjustments to the sterilizing formula.
    Last edited by The Librarian; 2011-05-13 at 09:21 PM.
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

11. - Top - End - #161
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

[At the bar]

"You know, hypothetically speaking. I AM the 13th division's 4th seat. It IS my job to go down there and look for Takeshi.

I'm just so very defenseless, though. And I don't think it's wise for anyone to search for him and his associates on his or her own. Still, at this point I don't have anyone I can think of to join me in a recon party.

What oh what am I going to do, indeed."
    Mask down. Sip.
    Aya's face perks up as this detail has thus far eluded her. So distracted with Takeshi that she had forgotten that Shishiou presents the answer to her problems!

Reaching out and grabbing his hands, Aya's large eyes exude high-strung pleading. "I am familiar with Captain Takeshi's reiatsu, it was his reiryoku presence that had awoken mine. I can help you track him down. I just want to speak with him and find out the truth of this matter. He could not just abandon Soul Society just like that! There's so much he has sworn to defend and protect and while his methods last time were not alright, his heart was at least in the right place! Please. Let me join your recon party."
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

12. - Top - End - #162
    Orc in the Playground

Shishiou smiled at Aya's sudden enthusiasm.

"Oh, I could definitely use your help tracking him down. But you'll have to promise me to be careful. He didn't leave by his lonesome after all, and his followers might get the idea that hostages are a good thing."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #163
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Shishiou smiled at Aya's sudden enthusiasm.

"Oh, I could definitely use your help tracking him down. But you'll have to promise me to be careful. He didn't leave by his lonesome after all, and his followers might get the idea that hostages are a good thing."
    Aya nods, her expression determined. "Thank you Shishiou, I can promise you that I will be careful, and we know well enough the risks that we face in our lives all the time. And I have you to watch my back too yeah?" Aya replies with a wink.

"Let's get to it then, I want to shorten the lead time Captain Takeshi has on us."
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

14. - Top - End - #164
    Orc in the Playground

There was the faintest hint of a blush on his cheeks.

Thank goodness for masks.

"Sounds like a plan, Aya-san. Let me just give a quick report on my current status to my division..."

One Jigokuchou later, Shishiou and Aya are headed out to the Mortal World via the 13th division's Senkaimon.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

[11th Division]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post

Seiko stared at his captain's back after her pessimistic statement. "I'm sure that there's some way they can fix him," he muttered to himself as he hurried to catch up with her.

He stood at attention by her side when she called the division to attention, and then dismissed them just as quickly. What was with her? He knew that she had been severely shaken by something, and his only guess what had caused it was something that he would rather not think about. But it was the only thing that he could think of that would shake Michiko so completely.

As he fell back in step behind, he recognized the path they were taking. It was the same path they always took when Michiko had things to think about. "Michiko-taichou." He finally said, walking behind her. "I know something's wrong. What happened?"

"Magalhães had the same... condition"
    , Michiko recounts as they walk. "They've had... two centuries... to do something about that. Have you kept track of the mortal realm, Seiko-kun? Think of what has passed there in that time."

"If they wanted to... they could've... cured him. Killed him, at least. But there has not been a parole plea, or redemption for him. Instead, it's like he's been erased... wiped from the face of afterlife."

"He served Seireitei for four centuries. Yes, he had his faults. But when you think of that... does it make you wonder if it weighed for something when he was locked up? If it did, do you think it makes his fate better or worse? To be buried alive, possibly forever?"

They arrive at the mausoleum. Michiko walks in, expecting Seiko to follow, stopping before the wall bearing weapons of those long gone. "I'm too old for this, Seiko. I may look... well, not young, but... well, I've been like this for quite a while. But I've existed for... it doesn't bear thinking. And I've been doing the same things so long that years have become a blur of routine, so that what is history to mortalkind feels like yesterday to me..."

Himura Michiko holds her hands before herself, glancing down at the domaru gauntlets covering her arms. And when Seiko looks at her, he can see age, not just in her eyes anymore, but in her posture, her hair, her skin... as countless years seem to catch up with the woman who once seemed ageless. "I can't do this anymore. I need to move on. This isn't the Seireitei I swore to protect, this is not the Division I was chosen to lead. I'm an old woman, Seiko-kun. Old women should not be warriors."

There's a brief flash of light, and in an instant - the tattered remnants of the ancient lady's robes are turned into whole garbs of silken white. The gauntlets are nowhere to be seen, and instead in her hands Seiko can see a sword - a simple katana, with a chipped edge and worn hilt, Michiko's Zanpakuto like it was more than 700 years ago when it was just an Asauchi handed to her by her family.

Withered hands painstakingly lift the blade and place it on the wall. Milky eyes squint and stare longingly at it, before one they belong to reluctantly aims them to the ground. Tears flow down wrinkled cheeks as Himura Michiko turns to walk away. "Good bye, old friend..."

She stops at the door, her back to Seiko, silvery grey hair now flowing down on her shoulders. "If you'd be so kind and carry news of my resignation to Tsukada-soutaichou, Seiko-kun? I'll be here tending flowers if he needs me. Oh, and if you could get someone to guide me out to Rukon, that would be very helpful of you as well."

---

[Ruins of the Maggot's Nest]

By the end of the day, the shaken mountain is encircled by temporary fortifications and barriers, with the immediatly-salvageable inmates and previous Nest workers having been found and guided to safety. It'd take weeks, perhaps even months to sort through all the rubble to account for each and every missing person... but at least, it's a start.

Not much has been done to the gaping hole in reality still affixed above the collapsed mountainside, however. After it'd been determined it'd not be of immediate threat, guards had been deployed to watch it, while Kido Corps members had been send to seek a solution to how to mend it.

Unfortunately, that plan had not accounted for the Kido Commander eloping and taking the most valuable records and sizable amount of personnel with him. Which is why the guards are still waiting, bored out of their wits.

Their boredom is cut short when a large slab of stone smashes against one of them, crushing his torso. Another barely has time to shout an alert before his fellow's Zanpakuto pierces through his gut, rendering him a whimpering heap on the stones.

A bloodied form steps below the rift in space, a rugged hand wiping blood and sweat off of a mangled face so mismatched eyes, one purple and bloodshot, another pitch-black and barely seeing, can regard it.

Above, a warning flare bursts to flame, flickers, falls down and dies. It wouldn't take long for other watchmen to reach the place. They are in every direction - North and South, East and West, even above and below, leaping up and down the mountainside as they race to help their comrades. The bloodied figure knows fighting them would be a fool's errand - even if he could somehow make it past them, the Walls are down. Impregnable walls of Seireitei, with only four ways out - each guarded by keepers towering above all men, and by gates that could be lowered at moment's notice, should they be up in the first place.

But there's one more way, a direction beyond space, a path behind just three dimensions - so his instincts tell. Quickly as he can manage, he leaps on top of a pile of Death Stone, so he can peer into the dark void. White tattoos burn white-hot against his skin, constricting his flesh and sapping his strenght. He's not sure if he can make it through the pitch-blackness, but he is sure there is no other way.

No other way to freedom.

When the rest of the guards reach the rift, the prisoner is gone - not a trace of him left. Few climb up to gaze into the abyss, but most neglect such practice to hurry and help their wounded brothers-in-arms. Whether they deem it worth it to pursue the assailant to the unknown remains to be seen...

---

[1st Division]

When Sayuri makes it back to the 1st, she's assaulted by thousand different messages, pleas and orders at once. There's a brawl involving an Espada, some mortals and the 13th going on in a sleepy Mid-Japan town.The Commander-General, it seems, has left to the mortal realm for another emergency. But what really stops her in her tracks is the news about the Kido Corps.

"What... did you just say...?"

The hapless adjudant freezes from fear as cold eyes of her Lieutenant bore into her skull. Other people take the cue and hurry to their work posts as a foreboding presense seeps into the air.

It has been a taxing day for Yamamoto Sayuri already. It has been one emergency after another, and she's been at the center of it, desperately trying to make sense of it all. To hear that the majority of the Kido Corp's valuables has just... vanished does not sit well with her.

"I understand. Please return to your post"
    , she says, with the sweetest voice, but the adjudant takes it as a sign to flee for her life. Gracefully, Sayuri makes it to the conference room and resumes her role in what is, effectively, leading most of Gotei. Or, as the case might be, pretending to lead Gotei and that everything's under control as its different subgroups go around doing their own thing, information of the awfully-chaotic situation seeping to her too little pieces at a time.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

16. - Top - End - #166
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Prison]

The guards were growing nervous. Karite had stopped speaking, and sat there, meditating. This wouldn't have been a problem, apart from how cold the air was becoming. Which was rather worrying, considering his reiatsu was being suppressed.

[Inner World]

Karite stared complacently at the spirit of his sword. A cordial nod to her, as the two walked through the quiet of the town.

"Where is he." Karite's voice sounded unsure of himself for once, and his brown hair flickered faintly in the twilit darkness of the town.

The sword glanced at her wielder, filled with unease. While they had overcome the new entry into their world with some difficulty, they had, in fact, succeeded. But there was a problem. When Karite won, the duo was forced to try a new tactic against their opponent. Karite's evisceration of the Hollow didn't dispel the fact that it was still there. The shadow watched Karite's every move, and while it was currently held back by the repression cuffs, the cuffs would not hold it back forever. Already, it was rematerializing slowly, faintly. And so, Kuyashinaki had done what she could to prevent it from regaining control.

The duo walked up to the center of Karite's world, a frozen throne. Sitting in the throne was a man, the mirror image of Karite, albeit with yellow eyes and a cold, white skin tone. The man's hair faintly shined, a crisp bright white for a color. It unnerved the duo, who recognized the man from their fight.

"He has the throne Mitsukai. What can we do to prevent him?" The spirit of Karite's sword had a cold voice, chilling any who hadn't heard it to the bone.

Karite stared at the man in the throne, and sighed. There was still a small slit in the other man's shirt, from where Karite had stabbed him. And still, he had returned. It was as if there was no stopping him from returning, only preventing him.

The duo acted as one, touching the throne. They watched as the throne grew, jagged spikes growing out of it, slowly encasing the man with ice. After a few agonizing seconds, they stepped back. There was still a slight outline of the man, but he was barely visible to the human eye.

Karite vanished from his world with a wisp of smoke.

[Prison]

And he opened his eyes, and the guards laughed nervously as the cold faded.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Orc in the Playground

[Some time later]

It didn't take particularly long for Michiko's resignation to make itself known throughout the 11th. As it so happened, one of the very first to make his presence known to pay his respects in that regard was one Amagatsu Kazuma. He seemed a little nervous, apparently unsure on the proper protocol in this situation. Nonetheless, he held a flower bouquet he meant to present to his now former captain.

Wait a moment. Are those yellow acacias?

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #168
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [11th Division]
    Spoiler
    Show

"Magalhães had the same... condition"
    , Michiko recounts as they walk. "They've had... two centuries... to do something about that. Have you kept track of the mortal realm, Seiko-kun? Think of what has passed there in that time."

"If they wanted to... they could've... cured him. Killed him, at least. But there has not been a parole plea, or redemption for him. Instead, it's like he's been erased... wiped from the face of afterlife."

"He served Seireitei for four centuries. Yes, he had his faults. But when you think of that... does it make you wonder if it weighed for something when he was locked up? If it did, do you think it makes his fate better or worse? To be buried alive, possibly forever?"

They arrive at the mausoleum. Michiko walks in, expecting Seiko to follow, stopping before the wall bearing weapons of those long gone. "I'm too old for this, Seiko. I may look... well, not young, but... well, I've been like this for quite a while. But I've existed for... it doesn't bear thinking. And I've been doing the same things so long that years have become a blur of routine, so that what is history to mortalkind feels like yesterday to me..."

Himura Michiko holds her hands before herself, glancing down at the domaru gauntlets covering her arms. And when Seiko looks at her, he can see age, not just in her eyes anymore, but in her posture, her hair, her skin... as countless years seem to catch up with the woman who once seemed ageless. "I can't do this anymore. I need to move on. This isn't the Seireitei I swore to protect, this is not the Division I was chosen to lead. I'm an old woman, Seiko-kun. Old women should not be warriors."

There's a brief flash of light, and in an instant - the tattered remnants of the ancient lady's robes are turned into whole garbs of silken white. The gauntlets are nowhere to be seen, and instead in her hands Seiko can see a sword - a simple katana, with a chipped edge and worn hilt, Michiko's Zanpakuto like it was more than 700 years ago when it was just an Asauchi handed to her by her family.

Withered hands painstakingly lift the blade and place it on the wall. Milky eyes squint and stare longingly at it, before one they belong to reluctantly aims them to the ground. Tears flow down wrinkled cheeks as Himura Michiko turns to walk away. "Good bye, old friend..."

She stops at the door, her back to Seiko, silvery grey hair now flowing down on her shoulders. "If you'd be so kind and carry news of my resignation to Tsukada-soutaichou, Seiko-kun? I'll be here tending flowers if he needs me. Oh, and if you could get someone to guide me out to Rukon, that would be very helpful of you as well."

Seiko walks with her, his legs carrying him almost automatically behind his captain. This was his position, where he had walked for decades, for almost a century. He had walked behind this woman who had seemed immortal, whose presence had always seemed immutable. Though the Seireitei would crumble and change, rise and fall, she would stand, as eternal as the divisions themselves. Seiko could barely imagine an 11th division without her. But now, as he looked at her, he saw something beyond the captain that he had always admired and the warrior he had revered; he saw a side of the woman that she never showed. He saw her exhaustion and her despair, both in the division and in the justice that she felt would never come. It broke Seiko's heart to see his captain that way. But it also strengthened his resolve.

"Michiko-taichou," he started, his voice almost faltering. Seiko was not emotional at most times, but these events had taken their toll on him. "I know that you've fought for the Seireitei for a long time, longer than I or many other people have been alive for. And I know that you've lost a lot of faith in what happens here. But don't think for an instant that there is no place for faith anymore."

"I still have not lost faith in this division, or in these people that fight for everyone here. I still have faith that we can be again the division that we were when you started and better! We can be a force that will make you proud, and make you wish that you had stayed. I swear to you, Michiko-taichou. I swear that I will lead this division to something that you will be proud of. Something that you can look back on and say with pride that YOU had a hand in creating!"

Seiko drew his blade, sheath and all, from his belt and lifted them over his head in a salute, an ultimate gesture of respect for the woman who had been his family when his actual family had abandoned him, who had been mother, father, and teacher to him all at once. For the captain that he admired, and the warrior that he revered. "I swear to you on both my blade and yours that I will make this division more than it has ever been! I will see Karite freed and I will make up for the sins of the past! This, I swear to you, as both your lieutenant, and your friend."

And this, Seiko almost whispered, though he knew that Michiko could still hear him. "And I will miss you."

And Seiko turned and walked away, leaving the woman who had always led him, and faced a future without her.

[Ryouichi's Office]

Daisuke stood somewhat awkwardly in the Soutaichou's office, because in all the hustle and bustle of important people coming and going, he had been forgotten. And now he was all alone. In the Commander-General's office.

He resisted a terrible urge to look in Ryouichi-sama's desk, despite the artifacts of authoritative wonder that he was sure that he would find there (perhaps even shaving cream, he though with barely contained delight). But no, to invade the privacy of a man that important would not be worth it. Even for just a peek.

Daisuke quickly left before he was tempted any more. He returned to the 3rd division as quickly as his legs would carry him and returned to his office, to face the daunting task of putting the division back together. As usual, Magatsu was nowhere to be seen, though that was expected. What was different, however, was the fact that now Sakura-taichou was also gone. Now it was just Daisuke left to gether the remnants of the division and fight on. Daisuke sat at his desk heavily and pulled out paper and a pen. This would be a long week, he could see that now.
    Last edited by Kayne650; 2011-05-15 at 01:57 PM.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ettin in the Playground

"Lead them well, then", Michiko mutters as Seiko leaves. She goes on to water the herbs and flowers surrounding the mausoleum.

[Some time later]

It didn't take particularly long for Michiko's resignation to make itself known throughout the 11th. As it so happened, one of the very first to make his presence known to pay his respects in that regard was one Amagatsu Kazuma. He seemed a little nervous, apparently unsure on the proper protocol in this situation. Nonetheless, he held a flower bouquet he meant to present to his now former captain.

Wait a moment. Are those yellow acacias?
    When Kazuma gets to her, Michiko is fast asleep, sitting on a bench and leaning against the mausoleum wall. An empty water can lies next to her feet. It's hard to even recognize her - she looks so small and withered, sitting there in her white garments. Kazuma can hear laborous breathing as he approaches.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

20. - Top - End - #170
    Orc in the Playground

It was hard for the soldier not to frown. It was saddening to see Michiko's former majesty change into this woman now before him.

And yet... she seemed so peaceful. Like the weight of the world had finally left her shoulders.

It was a bright and beautiful day, with nary a breeze. It was something befitting her newfound calm.

Kazuma decided to keep watch over his sleeping former captain. It gave him time to think. To meditate, about what he was fighting for. And yes, it crossed his mind that he may one day tire of war just like his captain did. What would he have to look forward to? What would he be proud of? Would he even stop completely?

These questions wandered his mind as he sat, cross-legged, not far from Michiko's position.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[11th Division Senkaimon]

Masaru stood there, monitoring things in the Mortal World as best he could, while still keeping in close communication with the 1st, 5th, and 8th Divisions, trying to help keep the general state of the Gotei from descending into anarchy.
    All while monitoring perhaps his best friend left in Soul Society stand off against the worst monster of Hueco Mundo in the middle of a city of helpless mortals.
    After dealing first with a vicious attack by the Primera Espada that nearly struck his family's area of dwelling, and then a disaster at the Maggot's Nest that would take weeks to deal with fully.
    And then a drunken teenager went and stole all the knowledge of the Kido Corps, basically walking off with several Weapons of Mass Destruction. All because he thought things weren't exactly to his liking, so clearly it was the Gotei's fault for working their selves to the bone sometimes, constantly standing ready in case Las Noches struck. And somehow saying that nothing was being done for the Rukon, despite efforts from Masaru's own house, as well as the Hayashi house.

"I'm getting too old for this ****." he muttered to himself, only half-joking.

He certainly felt all of his 400-plus years right now.
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2011-05-15 at 08:10 PM.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Konpaku Aya

Never let it be said that women are emotional and frail creatures. Aya regained consciousness shortly after being brought to the 4th Division for treatment. While no longer hysterical, the echoes of that pain still linger in her eyes. When Shishiou visits her in the healing wards, all Aya could do was to grasp Shishiou's hand tightly, as if afraid that he would slip away from her grasp as well. With the bandages and salves at her throat, she would not be able to speak for awhile.

Two days after their return, Aya was able to get up and walk. She receives constant visits from her Execution squad, and thankfully because of her training with light spells, was able to reply through words shaped from streams of light in conversations. Having been brought to Aya's neck of the woods for volunteer work, they know Aya's story with Takeshi, and admiring the spirit of the two, had also passionately volunteered not just in Aya's district, but also made a point to return to their respective homes to help out. While strictly not sanctioned by Division standing orders, it seems that Captain Taiki does not really mind citizen activism since the presence of Shinigami in those areas directly contribute to lower crime rates.

It took another two days before Aya could begin to speak, though her voice has now taken a slightly rougher and raspy tone. Doctors say this is temporary. Feeling much better already, and knowing that she has two reports overdue, she quietly moves towards Captain Taiki's ward, hoping that he feels better now.
    Last edited by Nicklance; 2011-05-15 at 08:46 PM.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

Ren Karashi - Outside Taiki's room

Ren stands outside Taiki's ward as Aya approaches. One hand rests idly on the hilt of his blade while his other rests on the sash of his shihakusho. When Aya approaches, Ren stiffens visibly, but slackens when he realizes which officer it is. "4th Seat Konpaku." He nods to her. "Come to visit the Captain?"

(Ren is the 17th Seat, head of Execution Squad 7. Btw, Execution Squad numbers indicate only duty, not rank.)
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-05-15 at 11:19 PM.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

24. - Top - End - #174
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Ren Karashi
    Spoiler
    Show

Ren stands outside Taiki's ward as Aya approaches. One hand rests idly on the hilt of his blade while his other rests on the sash of his shihakusho. When Aya approaches, Ren stiffens visibly, but slackens when he realizes which officer it is. "4th Seat Konpaku." He nods to her. "Come to visit the Captain?"

(Ren is the 17th Seat, head of Execution Squad 7. Btw, Execution Squad numbers indicate only duty, not rank.)
    Konpaku Aya

"Aye, 17th Seat Ren. I see he's still in intensive care. That monster did quite a number on our Captain." Aya sighs, revealing what she was holding behind her back to be a bouquet of flowers and a file.

Looking through the window at the door, she could see her Captain resting on his bed, with all the spells and active wards and 4th Division healers currently doing their work on him. That charred arm features really malicious wounds that would have churned any lesser man's stomach. Deep in Aya's heart, she sincerely prays for his quick recovery.

Passing the flowers and file to Ren, Aya bows respectfully. "I have these reports that are for his eyes only, and the flowers are for him. Please help me leave it on his table. There is an attached dossier in the file that is open to all Execution Squad heads. Another copy has been sent to 1st Division for analysis. It contains the encounter 5th Seat Tsukikage Shishiou and I have with Former Kido Corp Commander Kitano Takeshi while on pursuit duty." Aya turns and looks at Captain Taiki again.

With that, Aya returns to the 10th Division meditation chambers to prepare herself. Her pocket jiggles slightly, but too lightly to be felt.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Sometime Earlier

Natsuko walks towards Taiki's room in the immediate aftermath of the incident with Sereg.

She'll probably ignore anyone outside unless they specifically attract her attention. Not a snub, just her worried about her husband.

She doesn't have Hikari with her right now, though.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

Sometime Earlier

Several doctors direct Natsuko towards Taiki's room. As she walks, she finds herself going into the intensive care ward. The guard outside Taiki's room, immediately opens the door upon her approach.

When she enters, she finds Taiki very much asleep on his bed. His face is covered in scratches, his chest has been bound completely in bandages, and his entire right arm is in some kind of cast. He breathes very slowly, but he is very much alive.

A doctor walks in behind them. "He is stable. He told me to wake him if you came in. Would you like me to?"

Not the same time as above, but later...

Spoiler
    Show
    Konpaku Aya

"Aye, 17th Seat Ren. I see he's still in intensive care. That monster did quite a number on our Captain." Aya sighs, revealing what she was holding behind her back to be a bouquet of flowers and a file.

Looking through the window at the door, she could see her Captain resting on his bed, with all the spells and active wards and 4th Division healers currently doing their work on him. That charred arm features really malicious wounds that would have churned any lesser man's stomach. Deep in Aya's heart, she sincerely prays for his quick recovery.

Passing the flowers and file to Ren, Aya bows respectfully. "I have these reports that are for his eyes only, and the flowers are for him. Please help me leave it on his table. There is an attached dossier in the file that is open to all Execution Squad heads. Another copy has been sent to 1st Division for analysis. It contains the encounter 5th Seat Tsukikage Shishiou and I have with Former Kido Corp Commander Kitano Takeshi while on pursuit duty." Aya turns and looks at Captain Taiki again.

With that, Aya returns to the 10th Division meditation chambers to prepare herself. Her pocket jiggles slightly, but too lightly to be felt.
    Ren takes both the file and flowers with a nod. He seems to have some slight trouble figuring out how to hold everything steady for a second, but he quickly rights himself. "The doctors aren't up to anything major. Takahashi-taichou wouldn't mind if you stepped in. Heck, he's probably awake right now and just bored." He scrunches his nose up a bit. "Hey, where were you, anyways? You didn't go down to meet anyone, did you?"
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-05-15 at 11:32 PM.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Natsuko nods. "If he's up to it, yes, please."

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sometime Earlier

Several doctors direct Natsuko towards Taiki's room. As she walks, she finds herself going into the intensive care ward. The guard outside Taiki's room, immediately opens the door upon her approach.

When she enters, she finds Taiki very much asleep on his bed. His face is covered in scratches, his chest has been bound completely in bandages, and his entire right arm is in some kind of cast. He breathes very slowly, but he is very much alive.

A doctor walks in behind them. "He is stable. He told me to wake him if you came in. Would you like me to?"

Not the same time as above, but later...

Ren takes both the file and flowers with a nod. He seems to have some slight trouble figuring out how to hold everything steady for a second, but he quickly rights himself. "The doctors aren't up to anything major. Takahashi-taichou wouldn't mind if you stepped in. Heck, he's probably awake right now and just bored." He scrunches his nose up a bit. "Hey, where were you, anyways? You didn't go down to meet anyone, did you?"
    Aya stops mid-step at the response. So he's awake.... Turning back quickly, Aya gently takes back her flowers and files and smiles. "I was recovering too. Well...recovering from lotsa stuff."

Stepping into Captain Taiki's room, Aya places the flowers on the table but holds the files in her hands. Looking apprehensive, she fidgets for a moment before taking a seat beside her Captain. "Taiki-taichou?"
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

Earlier...

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Natsuko nods. "If he's up to it, yes, please."
    The doctor nods and adjusts some dials. Taiki seems to slowly awaken. "Someone here to see you, Takahashi-taichou."

"Hi, Natsuko." Taiki shifts upwards on his pillow, wincing slightly as he goes. "Got my ass handed to me." The doctor leaves silently.

Later...

Aya stops mid-step at the response. So he's awake.... Turning back quickly, Aya gently takes back her flowers and files and smiles. "I was recovering too. Well...recovering from lotsa stuff."

Stepping into Captain Taiki's room, Aya places the flowers on the table but holds the files in her hands. Looking apprehensive, she fidgets for a moment before taking a seat beside her Captain. "Taiki-taichou?"
    Taiki looks up and immediately motions toward the door. "Doctors, please. I have administrative duties to attend to." The doctors look at each other for a moment, but Taiki does not wait. "Out! You can finish the tests anytime!" They hurry out, leaving much of their equipment in the room for later. "Ugh. So. Aya-san. I heard you went to the Mortal World. You and...Tsukikage Shishiou, right? I was informed of the departure and return. What did you end up doing, may I ask?" His tone makes the question seem like more of a formality than an actual inquiry.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Natsuko smiles at him. "But you're still with us."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.