New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 2

Mayumi's eyes narrow as she looks at Hibiki. "Don't play games with me, Hamasaki-san." She said, her voice lowering to a whisper. She knew what he was, but she didn't want others to know. It was his secret to reveal, though she currently could use his help.

"I know a Shinigami when I see one. However, I don't know what you're doing here. Allow me to say this now; if you attempt to harm any of the students here, I will personally see to it that you are dispatched swiftly and terribly. I will allow no harm to come them." Hibiki would be able to feel her reiatsu flare dangerously but subtly as she spoke.

"And you can't expect me to believe that you're an ordinary human. You look like you're ten and you speak and act as an adult. I'm amazed you have the audacity to take a public position."
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Orc in the Playground

[High School]

Hibiki frowns. Well, really no further point in denying it... however, one thing struck him. "...Very well, Yamashiro-san. You are correct. I am a deserter from the Seireitei. I will retain my right to conceal my reasons why, but if you are under the impression that I am here to harm anyone, let alone the students, you would be wrong." With that, he looks straight at Mayumi with a piercing glare. "I destroy Hollows. Not Mortals. I may have abandoned the Seireitei, but I would never abandon my vow as a Shinigami to protect the living."
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

3. - Top - End - #513
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Viatrix's shop]
    A soft knock is heard on the door frame of the unsuspecting little building. Standing there is a woman dressed in a white haori, red shirt, and red pants. She seems to be carrying a long katana with her, the sheate much too wide for a sword, and she is also missing her left arm.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

4. - Top - End - #514
    Orc in the Playground

"And you would know this because?" Hasunaga's one-eyed, inquisitive glare turned to Yui.
    "And it is customary for others to introduce themselves before they ask for a name."
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

5. - Top - End - #515
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [Cemetery]

Yui listens to Silva and Hasunaga argue, eyes wide, mouth slightly open and head tiled to the side. It both amuses and bewilders her to hear them speak of herself in such a manner. When Hasunaga calls for Sora, she decides to interrupt him.

"Excuse me, mister... I don't think I caught your name"
    , she chirps, slightly apologetic tone in her voice. "From the sound of it, Silva met someone you think she should know... but was it really her actions that gave you reason to suspect? Or was it something that other person did? Maybe that other person recognized Silva from somewhere else even if she did not in turn?"

Who is this man? From the sound of it... someone working for the school? A teacher, maybe? Why had a mortal taken such keen interest in fighting against Hollows? I must find out.
    Silva turns to Yui.

Either that's a lucky guess, or she knows. And she doesn't seem to be freaking out about the subject. Maybe she knows of these things. I'm gonna have to talk to her later.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    [Outside Houheiden]

"...Do you have a name, birdie?" Valeria's expression lightens slightly...

[High School]

Hibiki twitches instinctively, but manages to retain his calm facade after a moment. "...I have no idea what you're speaking of."

...How could she have found out? I was sure no one was watching me yesterday, everything was far too chaotic...
    Houheiden... Well, Outside it.

The hollow bird raises a wing forward, beak open, but not a word comes out.

"... No, actually, I do not."

Might have something to do with the fact that broodlings steal their personality, up to and including their names from their host, which this particular (engineered) broodling did not have.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

7. - Top - End - #517
    Pixie in the Playground

[High School]

Hibiki frowns. Well, really no further point in denying it... however, one thing struck him. "...Very well, Yamashiro-san. You are correct. I am a deserter from the Seireitei. I will retain my right to conceal my reasons why, but if you are under the impression that I am here to harm anyone, let alone the students, you would be wrong." With that, he looks straight at Mayumi with a piercing glare. "I destroy Hollows. Not Mortals. I may have abandoned the Seireitei, but I would never abandon my vow as a Shinigami to protect the living."
    Mayumi sat back in her chair, content with his response. As she sits back, Hibiki might notice a large silver cross dangling from her neck. "Very well, Hamasaki-san. Forgive me if I seemed suspicious, but I have several students who might be in danger if Shinigami were to investigate. I simply wanted to reassure myself that they were in no danger."

"And if it is not too presumptuous of me to ask, may I inquire as to how you left the Soul Society? I was under the impression that leaving was...discouraged. "
    Mayumi's interest was only partly out of curiosity. If a fugitive brought a hunter in from the Seireitei, then several of her students, including that nice young Arrancar boy from class 1-2. If she had to fight off Shinigami to protect her students, she would.
    Star Wars iTP characters

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Ogre in the Playground

Sayaka and Haruaki
    [Houheiden Shrine]

Haruaki looked a little amused. "They don't seem very godly? They gave you a bad look?" He laughed a little. "I wonder what look you might have on your face when you see a ghost. Or when you saw the hollow yesterday?

What is a god supposed to be like?" He asked.

Haruaki gestured to the shrine. "Arrogance may well be a part, but there is no way to define the 8 million with a trait they all share... or hold them to a standard. A shikigami or tsukumogami,

Erima
    [With Takara]
    Sneezes.
    or a shinigami... what defines them may not be the same. When you say such a thing to a priest... I am a little surprised of this assumption. Having said I have not heard of a case like yours very often, you may well have surprised them or made them suspicious of you. You could have been someone who caused the ghost to become a hollow afterall. However, that is not my point. There maybe good reasons such knowledge is forbidden. Of course, to ask about forbidden knowledge is also forbidden, since it just makes a wheel turn idly." He winked.

Your devotion is admirable, but think for a minute what you said. Certainly you have some power, but one might also say the hollow you fought was quite a weak hollow. Yet hollow attacks on humans are quite rare. Maybe to be hit by lightning is much more likely. To assume you will be in a position to do anything is a little ambitious. But I like that fire. Sayaka was like that too when she was little... Always wanted to save the world-"

Sayaka reddened again.

"Father..." She interrupted.

"..But she's matured a lot. You can do what you can to help- that is an admirable goal. But there is danger in that choice." His eyes turned to Kina as he continued, though he seemed to speak to the others still.

"A long time ago, some people learned to use their power to combat these things. They made the decision to fight...not so unlike Kaito's declaration here... and not very different from your own choice yesterday. But they have suffered for centuries because of it. And there is that divide with us too. To choose to act broke their relationship to the world from it's always way. To choose to look forward instead of 'now.' And so to live in a void between a mortal world and afterlife- and so their powers become of this, and they swollow their enemies into that same nothingness they walk in."

He paused and moved a hand through his hair.

"But this shrine is not such a place. To live in harmony. How can you balance conflict without creating more? This is difficult. We always have had this relationship with the spirits of the world. Of course you know Momotaro's story, or any of the old story. This is a history and a lifestyle also... To see a bigger 'world.' Do not bear the weight of the dead and the afterlife on your shoulders. You are the future of this world long before that one."

When Valeria excused herself, Haruaki nodded.
    "Of course. Please walk freely."

Sayaka

Ken's staring and questions made Sayaka a little uncomfortable. She looked at Michiko and then away to Ken again.

"No. To lead a spirit to the afterlife is a shinigami's skill. My skill is only of the kind to focus against evil. A hollow is not quite the same thing, though most hollows would become so sometime.
    Maybe you could say it is stopped from such a declining fate. But it's spiritual presence should still be in our world. Until a shinigami finds it... I think."
    She says.

Haruaki agrees. "Yes. And No. To learn to do what Sayaka and I can do you may be able to learn." He crosses his arm. "If you become a apprentice priest! Then I can teach you. But with the spiritual power you now possess.. that is a good question. I am curious to see how you can use it before I can say 'yes' or 'no' for such a thing."

"Whatever happened in the school last night, it is not an isolated incident. We've been having reports of buildings destroyed, disturbances, even explosions over the last few weeks. And there's more to it than that. These... "Hollows" are not all semi-mindless monsters like what you may have encountered. There are those who are capable of reason. I know, I've met one - although she or it was probably also a horrible pitiless monster. If you think what you've been through is bad... Well, there's worse out there.

Imagine a creature that is not just enraged and destructive, but rather consciously evil in a way no beast could manage. We need to be prepared, a hell of a lot more prepared than we are now."
    Haruaki frowned at this. "While some hollows may have some intelligence, certainly what you describe is a concern. As I said...such supernatural affairs are dangerous. One might say the spiritual world is not so different from our world. There is conflict and war... And there are beings that the shinigami oppose as well. The farmer must watch for the wolf one maybe say."
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

9. - Top - End - #519
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Kaito grit his teeth. It's like the priest was being intentionally obtuse!

"They didn't arrive at the school until several minutes after the Hollow was defeated. They never entered the school. So far as I can tell, they weren't there about the Hollow. They seemed to just be regrouping to go back home, or wherever they went through that gate. The one that glared at me did so like he wanted to kill me, or do horrible things to me. Just because I looked on in curiosity. That said, another one of them rebuked that punk, so they're not all bad. Mostly they just seemed tired and injured.

I said they're not godly because they posses none of the traits I'd have associated with actual gods. They're just people with more advanced powers than ours.

As for forbidden knowledge...it's my opinion that no knowledge should be "forbidden" like that, but I'll drop the subject for now.

And you're not going to convince me to stop. I'm not going to go always seeking Hollows. It may or may not be a large part of my future. But I will not stand by and let them come near innocent people. I've seen ghosts, and they have those odd chains on their chest that people lack. My priority is living humans. Because as last night demonstrated, these Hollows can threaten them. Even if it's rare, it's a non-zero occurrence. It's the decent, right thing to do to step in and protect my fellow mortals. That I'd be protected defenseless souls, some of whom may be friends and family who have passed on, is only a bonus.

I want to make sure that other humans have futures. That is why I'm concerned. That is why I'm not burying this power, or devoting myself to a shrine for neutral ground, or anything. That's why I'm going to do my best to prepare. Because if some of these Hollows slip through the fingers of these Shinigami, someone needs to stand ready in the gap. If no one else will, I'll step up.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate this lesson you're giving us. But I'm not going to just sit around and do nothing when I know there are soul-eating monsters running around the city, and I actually have the power to do something. I'd be failing everything my parents taught me if I didn't at least try to intercede.
    "
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

10. - Top - End - #520
    Ettin in the Playground

[Cemetery]

Yui looks at Hasunaga blankly. "Know? Oh, no no no... I was just stating a theory based on what you said. I'm only trying to help. Naturally, I wasn't there, so I can't know what actually happened." Yes, unlike Silva, Yui is lying, but she's still taken aback by Hasunaga's attitude. Is there a thing one could say to this man without rousing suspicion?

His other comment makes her even more confused, and slightly irate as well. She crosses her arms on her chest again. "Hmmm? Didn't I introduce us already?" Yui quickly re-reads through the thread to find that post rewinds the discussion in her mind.

[Cemetery, Sora's hideout]

"Ah, my apologies. I'm Õta Yui, and this is Silva Rai. Pleased to meet you"
    , Yui says, beckoning towards Silva and giving Hasunaga a slight bow. "As for this young man...", she continues, putting her hands on her hips and turning to look at Sora, pouting. "Well, I don't know him, but I must wonder what his parents think of his irresponsible behaviour!"

"... yes, I'm fairly sure I did"
    , she says, staring at Hasunaga. Is the man of short memory as well, in addition to being paranoid? Awww, why can't they all be like that charming language teacher we met few days back?, she whines in her mind.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

11. - Top - End - #521
    Orc in the Playground

Aw, damn! Caught in his old age.

"Fine. I'm Hasunaga Heiaki.

An unlikely theory. I would think it simpler that they both recognized each other. But only Silva over there gave me direct reason to believe that she knew the other.

Your theory doesn't really have to a leg to stand on - at least not based on what I said."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

12. - Top - End - #522
    Dwarf in the Playground

[IN THE TIMEY-WIMEY BALL]

Shou sneezed loudly and briefly pawed at his nose. Someone must be talking about me... He shrugged and continued about his business of opening a Senkaimon back to Soul Society, now that a Hell Butterfly had arrived letting him know that Karite's sword had been found back at the 13th, of all places. Shou intended to keep an eye on Mila, since she was more interesting than most mortals, but for now his current excuse to be in the mortal world had run out. Ah well. He stepped into the small waiting room as the Senkaimon closed.
    Last edited by Wahrheit; 2010-10-30 at 11:47 AM.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

13. - Top - End - #523
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'd be honoured to become your apprentice if you'd be willing to take on the cumbersome task of being my teacher," said Ken to Haruaki with a formal bow before turning to Sayaka. "You are yet nobler still. If you ever feel like trying to save the world again I'd love to help you. If your obligation to this place forbids you then I'll just have to get strong enough for both of us to save it in your stead!" He smiled slightly knowing how arrogant his words were. Ken thought some humour might improve the situation.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-10-30 at 12:40 PM.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Titan in the Playground

You know, he might be able to pull off a top hat... As for the miko, maybe something with detached sleeves...
    What was that, Denden-chan?
    Huh? Oh, uh, nothing. Pay attention!

15. - Top - End - #525
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Aw, damn! Caught in his old age.

"Fine. I'm Hasunaga Heiaki.

An unlikely theory. I would think it simpler that they both recognized each other. But only Silva over there gave me direct reason to believe that she knew the other.

Your theory doesn't really have to a leg to stand on - at least not based on what I said."
    "Uh... you misundertand", Yui says, waving her hands nervously before her in order to dissuade Hasunaga. "I based it on what you didn't say. You talked about what Silva-san here did, but I didn't think her actions warranted such doubt... so I became curious of this other person you didn't talk about that much."

It's all logical, really! Certainly, even someone not involved in the scene whatsoever could've thought about it. Of course, Yui does have the disadvantage of lying like a rug here, so she opts to change the subject before blurting out anything she might regret.

"Um... I'm all for continuing this discussion, but maybe we should find a more comfortable place to do so before the roof comes down on us? It's so very gloomy here."

"I know! Maybe we can talk this over while enjoying good cups of coffee - there's this restaurant nearby I want to visit. It's all on me, I promise!"

She shoots a quick glance at Sora. "You can come too."

16. - Top - End - #526
    Orc in the Playground

It was obvious that Hasunaga didn't buy it. He still had this "I'm burning a hole in your skull with my eye" stare, which would no doubt make many people uncomfortable.

"My original goal in coming here was to honor a friend who'd passed away. Much to my chagrin, I discovered the top of his tombstone had been toppled over. The perpetrator is lucky to not be within line of sight," and at this point, Hasunaga's voice turned quite dark, because if he were, he'd have to live with a twisted tree branch for a neck."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #527
    Ettin in the Playground

"Ah, I noticed that broken headstone as well", Yui replies, turning to face Hasunaga. "I must wonder who horrible person would disturb peace of a graveyard so. Young folks, they are so disrespectful these days... no offense meant to you, Silva-san." She gives the younger woman a quick glance. Sora gets no such reprieve.

18. - Top - End - #528

Sora is, in fact, not listening. He's been reading the book by Eyes En for a while.

At hearing something about food, he nods, and follows.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    [Viatrix's shop]
    A soft knock is heard on the door frame of the unsuspecting little building. Standing there is a woman dressed in a white haori, red shirt, and red pants. She seems to be carrying a long katana with her, the sheate much too wide for a sword, and she is also missing her left arm.
    Viatrix sighs as she hears the knocking, the lift having just reached the basement of the store. Dismissing Fuchs, she rushes upstairs, leaving Donovan to his own. She manages to put on her positive customer face before answering the door. "Hello! May I help you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Houheiden... Well, Outside it.

The hollow bird raises a wing forward, beak open, but not a word comes out.

"... No, actually, I do not."

Might have something to do with the fact that broodlings steal their personality, up to and including their names from their host, which this particular (engineered) broodling did not have.
    Val frowns. "How about Gabi? It's short for Gabrielle or Gabriel in my home country... I can't really tell what gender you are, if any..."

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    Mayumi sat back in her chair, content with his response. As she sits back, Hibiki might notice a large silver cross dangling from her neck. "Very well, Hamasaki-san. Forgive me if I seemed suspicious, but I have several students who might be in danger if Shinigami were to investigate. I simply wanted to reassure myself that they were in no danger."

"And if it is not too presumptuous of me to ask, may I inquire as to how you left the Soul Society? I was under the impression that leaving was...discouraged. "
    Mayumi's interest was only partly out of curiosity. If a fugitive brought a hunter in from the Seireitei, then several of her students, including that nice young Arrancar boy from class 1-2. If she had to fight off Shinigami to protect her students, she would.
    "...The method, I would prefer to keep to myself. But whatever shinigami may have been looking for me have likely long since given up. For over 200 years I was... in isolation from society, as it were. Shinigami may have long lives in comparison to others, but I'm hoping there were more pressing matters on hand than my disappearance." Hibiki catches the cross, adjusting his glasses a bit as he looks to it.

"And what about you? How do I know I can trust you, Quincy?" There was, after all, a boy in his class with Hollow reiatsu... knowing some of the reputations of the Quincy, it was worth concern.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

20. - Top - End - #530
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kaito grit his teeth. It's like the priest was being intentionally obtuse!

"They didn't arrive at the school until several minutes after the Hollow was defeated. They never entered the school. So far as I can tell, they weren't there about the Hollow. They seemed to just be regrouping to go back home, or wherever they went through that gate. The one that glared at me did so like he wanted to kill me, or do horrible things to me. Just because I looked on in curiosity. That said, another one of them rebuked that punk, so they're not all bad. Mostly they just seemed tired and injured.

I said they're not godly because they posses none of the traits I'd have associated with actual gods. They're just people with more advanced powers than ours.

As for forbidden knowledge...it's my opinion that no knowledge should be "forbidden" like that, but I'll drop the subject for now.

And you're not going to convince me to stop. I'm not going to go always seeking Hollows. It may or may not be a large part of my future. But I will not stand by and let them come near innocent people. I've seen ghosts, and they have those odd chains on their chest that people lack. My priority is living humans. Because as last night demonstrated, these Hollows can threaten them. Even if it's rare, it's a non-zero occurrence. It's the decent, right thing to do to step in and protect my fellow mortals. That I'd be protected defenseless souls, some of whom may be friends and family who have passed on, is only a bonus.

I want to make sure that other humans have futures. That is why I'm concerned. That is why I'm not burying this power, or devoting myself to a shrine for neutral ground, or anything. That's why I'm going to do my best to prepare. Because if some of these Hollows slip through the fingers of these Shinigami, someone needs to stand ready in the gap. If no one else will, I'll step up.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate this lesson you're giving us. But I'm not going to just sit around and do nothing when I know there are soul-eating monsters running around the city, and I actually have the power to do something. I'd be failing everything my parents taught me if I didn't at least try to intercede.
    "
    Kina Yoshimoto

"Then you fight a losing battle. You can't...protect everyone. That's just...how it is. Time passes...and people die because of it. None of us are immortal. Perhaps...a person's future is to be found by a Hollow. How do we know differently?

"These 'Shinigami'...do we know that they have our best interests in mind? Perhaps what they do protects us...but perhaps it does not. Perhaps...they have caused harm in their own way...do we know? Perhaps...the knowledge is forbidden for our safety. Perhaps, if we knew...worse things would happen to us, things...things we could not fight.

"Think of this. What is the chance you are the only one who has ever had this power? What is the chance you are the only one who has decided to stand up and fight? How many of those people do you think could possibly have manged to stay hidden from sight? Now...how many have you heard of? Many of them likely...disappeared entirely.

We...don't understand everything that is occurring. We don't know for sure...what powers we really have. Whether...they are malignant or not. Whether what we do...is harmful or not."
    Kina seems uncomfortable at the last statement, shifting slightly and placing her left hand over her heart.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

21. - Top - End - #531
    Barbarian in the Playground

[The Shop]

"Reiatsu cloaks, do you have them?"Suzume says, looking around for anyone who may notice she's wearing a captain haori.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

22. - Top - End - #532
    Ogre in the Playground

"None of us are immortal? Speak for yourself! I'm going to live forever or at least until I grow bored of life," said Ken with great self-assurance in a playful tone.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Ettin in the Playground

Valeria and the Broodling Hollow Bird

"Hmm... Not much of a fan, but I will answer to it, I guess."

----

Reene

Reene is about to pop a vein in her forehead, back in the office, as she slams her fist on the table.

"A million names in this damned world and she had to chose the name of that wretched bitch?"

Gralster just stays silent in his dimensional rift in the wall, he knows better.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

24. - Top - End - #534
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    "None of us are immortal? Speak for yourself! I'm going to live forever or at least until I grow bored of life," said Ken with great self-assurance in a playful tone.
    Kina looks down. "...You realize your mortality eventually."
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ogre in the Playground

"I already have and will surpass it. Don't be so glum, chum," replied Ken without missing a beat. He refused to have his spirits lowered.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-10-30 at 08:07 PM.

26. - Top - End - #536

"Ah, I noticed that broken headstone as well", Yui replies, turning to face Hasunaga. "I must wonder who horrible person would disturb peace of a graveyard so. Young folks, they are so disrespectful these days... no offense meant to you, Silva-san." She gives the younger woman a quick glance. Sora gets no such reprieve.
    None taken. After all, she isn't all that young.

I'm all for getting out of here.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

27. - Top - End - #537
    Pixie in the Playground

"...The method, I would prefer to keep to myself. But whatever shinigami may have been looking for me have likely long since given up. For over 200 years I was... in isolation from society, as it were. Shinigami may have long lives in comparison to others, but I'm hoping there were more pressing matters on hand than my disappearance." Hibiki catches the cross, adjusting his glasses a bit as he looks to it.

"And what about you? How do I know I can trust you, Quincy?" There was, after all, a boy in his class with Hollow reiatsu... knowing some of the reputations of the Quincy, it was worth concern.
    Mayumi's smile vanishes as Hibiki accuses her. But her anger also fades as she realizes that his fears are just as justified as hers were. She looks intently at the man who looks like a child sitting across from her.

"I have been teaching at this school for around five years now. If I had wanted any of the students dead, they would be dead. However, I understand that all of these students, regardless of their...circumstances, each deserve an equal chance. Should any of them attempt to harm the others I shall restrain them, but not until they prove ill intent."

"I am many things, Hamasaki-san. But a killer is not one of them."

"Now, if we are done interrogating one another, there is somewhere to where I would like you to accompany me. I believe that it is of interest to both of us, for similar reasons."
    While saying this, she stood up, inviting Hibiki to do the same. She had places to go, and battle sites to see.
    Star Wars iTP characters

28. - Top - End - #538
    Ettin in the Playground

[Cemetery]

"After you, then", Yui says cheerfully, all but shooing Hasunaga and Silva out of the hideout. Then she notices Sora obliviously reading to that book of his. How long has he been doing that? As Sora begins following others like a lemming, Yui reaches forth and snatches his book away. "Young man, don't you know it's rude to ignore your guests? Off you go now!", she snarls, closing the book and throwing it on the bed in the corner.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Ogre in the Playground

Haruaki and Sayaka

Haruaki shook his head ruefully.
    He smiled. "Anyway, your opinion on knowledge is also recognized. It is good to be a scholar when you are young, but someday you'll learn that you can't know everything.

Oh my oh my, that seemed pessimistic!
    No, maybe you should always seek answers, but to accept and enjoy the complex things of this world. Some answers you may never find, but never give up!"

He laughed. "Yes, I admit even as a priest I sometimes become curious about such things also. But it cannot be helped! The only way to learn such a thing maybe is to ask those who have gone to the Spirit World.. Like a shinigami. But I would not expect an answer of such a thing."

Sayaka's arm twitched at Kaito's insult, but it seemed to do nothing for Haruaki. She looked like she wanted to protest with her clenched hands. Didn't she try to save him and the others yesterday two times? Insults, frustration, fire and war... Those were things she knew from history. But Sayaka had only heard these stories, and to feel it now, she knew it hurt. She had given up her life yesterday too, and now he was saying this kind of hurtful thing.
    She looked angrily at the paper she was trying to draw the diagram on, and set the pencil down and put her hands in her lap.

But with Ken's remark she looked surprised and turn red an embarrass annoyance was growing for her.
    "That's not necessary." She responded coolly.
    Haruaki nodded with a knowing smile. "Yes, another apprentice! It will be hard work, but with passion you may do well!"

Sayaka looked with annoyance at her father. "That is a conversation for later father."
    "Of course dear" He said pleasantly. He looked at the others.
    "I am not trying to convince you to stop. I'm trying to warn you that it will be dangerous. It will be painful, and hard, and even if you think it is a good cause, or that it will not engulf your life, be warned. You will see terrible and horrifying things, and you will have to make terrible choices sometimes. And I'm trying to warn you that you will need to become much stronger if you think you will have the power to do what you want. As the inspector said, there are more dangerous things than what you fought last night."

Haruaki stood up.

"So, as I was saying before the interruption... You all have some kind of power that is uniquely yours. And you need some training and a place to do it.
    If you are finished with your tea, I would like to invite everyone to go outside behind the house. Let's see what you can do." He said cheerfully.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

30. - Top - End - #540
    Ogre in the Playground

"Thank you for being so generous despite the fact that you barely know me. I will do my best to prove myself worthy of your teaching and hospitality." Ken stood up quickly in response to Haruaki's words as a sign that he was ready to go.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-11-02 at 12:02 AM.