New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Request a Homebrew: Thread 2!

H749
    Something like Archermage?

2. - Top - End - #122
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Thank you for your proposition, but they already give me something way enough for me, thank you anyway for your idea (wich I might take with the "Duskbow" because it looks awsome (make a force bow that shoot force arrow that cast a spell...*nerdgasm*))

Have a nice day everyone

Quickly! Give me some knee armor!!!

BTW here's my homebrews :
    The Void Champion
    The Breaker

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

R750
    I'd like something rather simple.
    I'd like a LA 0 race that has some fluff on the far realms seeping into either an individual or bloodline.

Feel free to add anything extra you like, but I would like it to not be something bland like gain a feat or skill points.
    My extended signature.
    Thanks to the wonderful Ceika for my signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chained Birds View Post
    Just one of those guys vs girls things. Guys like giant, fighting robots that shoot lazerz out their eyes while girls like pretty jewelry that sparkle in the moonlight after having a romantic interlude with a charming gentleman.

Completely sexist, yes! Completely true, pretty much...
    I have Steam cards and other stuff! I am selling/trading them.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzardevil View Post
    R750
    I'd like a LA 0 race that has some fluff on the far realms seeping into either an individual or bloodline.

Feel free to add anything extra you like, but I would like it to not be something bland like gain a feat or skill points.
    You mean like... a Genasi, or other Plane Touched? Or... describe 'far realms' please. Do you mean Outer Planes, or... as a 'realm' is a kingdom, something more along the lines of... a subrace of human?

Do you have preferences for size, capabilities, outlook, appearance, abilities? I can make you an awesome LA 0 race of awesomely bland if you would like, gains a bunch of useless abilities and that's it. Like... the ability to cast any 0th level spells 3 times a day. This isn't a feat, or a skill.
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2012-02-02 at 04:14 PM.
    Internet currently unreliable, please have patience.

[COLOR="Red"]We require additional Pylons.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric(2)/Monk(3)/Ranger(2)/Sorcerer(4)
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

5. - Top - End - #125

Quote Originally Posted by Ralasha View Post
    You mean like... a Genasi, or other Plane Touched? Or... describe 'far realms' please. Do you mean Outer Planes, or... as a 'realm' is a kingdom, something more along the lines of... a subrace of human?

Do you have preferences for size, capabilities, outlook, appearance, abilities? I can make you an awesome LA 0 race of awesomely bland if you would like, gains a bunch of useless abilities and that's it. Like... the ability to cast any 0th level spells 3 times a day. This isn't a feat, or a skill.
    The Far realms is a plane outside of the Astral Plane its basically the orgin of madness and most aberrations. I think he wants a Plane touched style race.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Milo v3 View Post
    The Far realms is a plane outside of the Astral Plane its basically the orgin of madness and most aberrations. I think he wants a Plane touched style race.
    zyea, something like planetouched, and I was referring to the far realms as in origin of madness, abberations and is deeply associated with
    the clour purple.
    I'm hoping for some racial abilities that don't come down to:
    Gain X feat and bonus to Y skill and proficency in Z weapon.
    My extended signature.
    Thanks to the wonderful Ceika for my signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chained Birds View Post
    Just one of those guys vs girls things. Guys like giant, fighting robots that shoot lazerz out their eyes while girls like pretty jewelry that sparkle in the moonlight after having a romantic interlude with a charming gentleman.

Completely sexist, yes! Completely true, pretty much...
    I have Steam cards and other stuff! I am selling/trading them.

7. - Top - End - #127

So... he wants... a cthulu planetouched... yeah... not an easy one to do.

I can do it though, if anyone else would like to, I'll step back and off.

For starters... I would give it a 25% crit immunity (Like light fortification).
    A -2 Charisma (Horrid Appearance).

A -2 Constitution (incorrect anatomy).

A simple gaze attack causing the recipient to be shaken while in its presence. with a dc of... say... 14+charisma mod.

Perhaps an additional limb, or eye... I usually run this kind of thing as a customizable race with different variable physical characteristics, since no two should ever be exactly alike.

So... roll 1d6...
    1: Additional Eye: (roll 1d2) Dark and Lowlight Vision, or eye beam (Roll against beholder eye based attacks).
    2: Additional Limbs: roll 1d3, 1 is legs (Always in pairs), 2 is arms(Roll 1d2), 3 is combination of the two (Roll 1d4).
    3: Additional sense: roll 1d6, tremor 30, blindsense 20, blindsight 10.
    4: Maladjusted Vocals: sonic attack dealing 1d4 sonic, fort 14+Charisma or deaf for 1d3 rounds.
    5: Eye Stalks: roll 1d4 for number of eye stalks, each stalk deals 1d3 damage of one of the following: fire, cold, lightning.
    6: Natural Weapons: roll 1d4: tentacle, claws, bite, or slam.

You get the jist.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

8. - Top - End - #128
    Bugbear in the Playground

H744

Nytingulfur

Nytingulfurs are the incarnation of exploiting others' compassion. Their physical shape (when not using their change shape ability) is like large wolves, except for solid red eyes which glow faintly and bat-like wings which can fold so closely to their body as to be nearly invisible.

They fight only as a last resort, preferring to use magic and trickery to gain advantages from any they meet. Their favorite game is to find a pair of existing friends, then impersonate each to eachother and ask for expensive favors until the friendship is over.

If forced to fight, they favor hit-and-run tactics, counting on their fast healing to give them a long term advantage. If there is more than one present, they all pick a single target to focus on and only attack others if convenient or the first is effectively disabled. They first target anyone who can heal, and then whoever looks frailest.

Size/Type: Large Outsider (Evil)
    Hit Dice: 6d8+24 (51 hp)
    Initiative: +3
    Speed: 50 ft; fly 30 ft (good)
    Armor Class: 18 (-1 size, +2 Dex, +1 Dodge +6 natural), touch 12, flat-footed 15
    Base Attack/Grapple: +6/+16
    Attack: Bite +11 melee (1d8+9 plus 1d4 wisdom)
    Full Attack: Bite +11 melee (1d8+9 plus 1d4 wisdom)
    Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
    Special Attacks: spell-like abilities, improved trip
    Special Qualities: Mindsight to 60ft, Disguise Mind, Immunity to Poison, Fire and Electricity, DR 10/magic, SR 16, Change Shape, Fast Healing 5
    Saves: Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +6
    Abilities: Str 22, Dex 15, Con 18, Int 15, Wis 12, Cha 17
    Skills: Bluff: +12, Disguise: +12 (+22 when using change shape), Forgery: +11, Hide: +7 (+11 in forests), Intimidate: +12, Knowledge(local): +11, Listen: +14 (includes +4 racial), Move Silently: +11, Spot: +10, Survival: +10 (+14 following tracks)
    Feats: Dodge*, Mobility, Spring Attack
    Organization: Solitary, pair, or pack (3-5)
    Challenge Rating: 9
    Treasure: none
    Alignment: always lawful evil
    Advancement: by class level
    Level Adjustment: +7

* A Nytingulfur's mental senses allow them to always apply the dodge feat to whichever enemy is attacking at a given moment.

spell-like abilities: at will: detect thoughts (dc 15), tongues 3/day: charm monster (dc 17), suggestion (dc 16), major image (dc 16), entice gift (dc 15). Caster level 9th. Save dcs are cha-based

trip A Nytingulfur that hits with a bite attack can attempt to trip the opponent (+10 check modifier) as a free action without making a touch attack or provoking an attack of opportunity. If the attempt fails, the opponent cannot react to trip the winter wolf.

Disguise Mind When detect good/evil/law/chaos, detect thoughts, or discern lies are used on a Nytingulfur, the result is whatever the Nytingulfur wishes it to be. The caster is not aware that the spell has failed. Note that this, combined with the detect thoughts sla means that any two Nytingulfurs can effectively communicate telepathically.

Change Shape A Nytingulfur can take on the shape of whomever the person its dealing with most trusts, or a generic form of any humanoid race.
    Last edited by dspeyer; 2015-06-03 at 11:04 PM.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzardevil View Post
    R750

H750

Allochthon
    Mortals have such limited concepts of space, time, and causality. They are born, they move forward through time, they take actions which lead to effects, they sire offspring to continue their genetic legacy, and they die. Such curiosity that they might all function in such a way! It is not so for Zakain'hhai, whose existence human language strains to conform, although one might refer to it as a 'creature' from the Far Realms. It is, by mortal perspective, yet to be - it has birthed its children into a vast lineage backward through what the denizens of the planes perceive as time, so that they may one day unbirth themselves into their eventual ancestor.

For much of the history of the Prime, Allochthons, the children of Zakain'hhai, will be of mostly human blood. They come into existence in the elderly years of their life, grow younger as time passes, and eventually unbirth themselves into nothingness. Once all the Allochthons of a generation have been unbirthed, their parents, consisting of a number of mortals and Allochthons, will come into being. Eventually, as the bloodline thickens, it will lead to the direct scions of the Old One himself. And then, as the world comes to its end, Zakain'hhai will be born into the world from his children.

But that is a long way off yet (perhaps), and for now the Allochthons are merely thought to be humans with a certain otherworldly presence and odd way of thinking.

Size: Medium
    Type: Outsider (Native)
    Speed: 30ft
    +2 Intelligence, +2 Charisma, -4 Wisdom - Allochthons have minds that reach far beyond what lies before them. This can leave them somewhat lacking in common sense and situational awareness, but allows them to grasp new concepts readily. While their unnatural mien may be a little off-putting, it is nonetheless captivating and, potentially, terrifying.

Unnatural Aging (Ex) - Allochthons age differently than other mortals. They come into existence when their children cease to be, at the Venerable age category. Once ~35 years have passed, they progress into the Old category, until they reach ~53 years of age, and become Middle Aged. At 70, they have no ability score modifiers based upon age, right up until they become children (unfit for adventuring) and are unborn.

Alien Mind (Ex) - Allochthons simply have different wiring than what power drawn from this multiverse is used to working with. They gain a +2 bonus on all Will saves against fear, emotion based, or mind-affecting spells and abilities. In addition, all those whose magic touches the Allochthons mind (any spell that forces the Allochthon to make a Will save) brush against a deeper madness than any being of the planes is equipped to handle. Assuming the caster is not from the Far Realms themselves, they must make a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 character level + greater of Intelligence or Charisma modifier) or be shaken. If, for some reason, they cannot be shaken, or their fear cannot be upgraded any additional steps (they are at 'panicked' already), then they instead take (greater of Intelligence or Charisma modifier) points of damage as their body is eroded by the otherworldly touch.

Mad Genius (Ex) - Allochthons gain a pool of bonus points that refresh after every period of sufficient rest, but no more often than every 24 hours, which may hold a number of points equal to their character level. By taking a swift action to think about the current situation, they may draw up to (greater of Intelligence or Charisma modifier) points from this pool, distributing these as +1 bonuses (which stack) on any rolls they choose until the beginning of their next turn (even though it is unrolled, they may also choose to boost Armor Class). However, every roll that gains a bonus from the Allochthon's Mad Genius ability is touched by their madness. They move and act in completely ludicrous or incomprehensible ways. A bonus on an Intimidate check might involve the Allochthon referencing people and events that they have no memory of, nor could have possibly witnessed. A bonus on a Knowledge (Arcana) check could dredge up knowledge the Allochthon has never learned. A bonus on an attack roll could mean swinging randomly at a point of space that one's foe simply happened to leap toward after the swing had begun.

Favored Class - Warlock, Factotum
    Last edited by Xefas; 2012-02-02 at 11:57 PM.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

R750:
    A creature similar to the "Darkings" in Tamora Pierce's Tortall books. There's enough about them that it's tricky to describe, but the basic idea is a solid blob that's kind of like a living shadow, but in 3D and not attached to anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

R 707: I need a Homebrew Dragon progression for a mount/companion for a player in my group. Said Dragon should be good aligned, Big, or able to tweak it easy to make it big, and easy enough to insert into an on going game for the DM. And should progress on par with a fairly optimized Melee build that isn't focused on mounted combat, but might want to shift gears to that style once in awhile, and may change build course to encourage it.

Thanks. =)
    "I Burn!"

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

C 707
    What levels does it need to be viable at? Red and gold dragons are already available big for characters of level 17-18, but obviously that's a bit high. Yet the same dragon is CR 7, so maybe if we limit its equipment and ability scores below a normal cohort it could be fair for a level 9 or so character.
    Last edited by ericgrau; 2012-02-07 at 11:35 PM.
    So you never have to interrupt a game to look up a rule again:
    My 3.5e Rules Cheat Sheets: Normal, With Consolidated Skill System
    TOGC's 3.5e Spell/etc Cards: rpgnow / drivethru rpg
    Utilities: Magic Item Shop Generator (Req. MS Excel), Balanced Low Magic Item System
    Printable Cardstock Dungeon Tiles and other terrain stuff (100 MB)

13. - Top - End - #133
    Pixie in the Playground

H1.I want a cannibal mage prestige class so I can kill and eat any one or thing that cast spells or has spell like ability’s and by doing this learn them my self.I think its important to get a bight attack and the ability to digest odd things like undead flesh, and descent save so I can actually live to kill the other guy.may sacrifice advancement in previous spell progression for class features.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ericgrau View Post
    C 707
    What levels does it need to be viable at? Red and gold dragons are already available big for characters of level 17-18, but obviously that's a bit high. Yet the same dragon is CR 7, so maybe if we limit its equipment and ability scores below a normal cohort it could be fair for a level 9 or so character.
    Right now the party is sixth lvl, reasonably-to-highly optimized depending on class. (New Player had lots of help with doing a "Hulk Smash" style Barbarian/Warblade. Right now were expecting her to dip Exotic weapons master next level after I showed her the trick for Double str to damage, and the Dm gave just about everyone weapons focus cause he thinks it's a flavor feat. Player is still debating options beyond that point, though a dip of cleric for Mobility and Unarmed Swordsage for having a couple of emergency counters always ready and the flavor of being really big and throwing stuff around have been considered.) Player's base size is Large, and I (Party Wizard and playing at a more passive optimization level so that the DM actually has a chance to challenge the party.) have been buffing her up to Hugh for Combat were situation allows.

So, yeah, she's a fairly new player, and has become very taken with the idea of a dragon mount since she LOVES Dragons to begin with. So were trying to find something worth while to give her to cater too that.
    "I Burn!"

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

H 707

Dragon Rider
    Prerequisites: Character level 12th, Mounted Combat, Ride 1 rank, must make peaceful contact with a dragon.

Benefit: This feat lets the character attract a dragon willing to bear her as a rider. The character bears no penalties for riding an unusual mount, though she requires a saddle as normal. To determine the maximum CR of the dragon, use the leadership feat rules and subtract 1 from the cohort level, so that the absolute limit is 3 below the character's level. As the dragon gains experience (see leadership rules) she may advance in age, time allowing, or by character levels. Sorcerer levels stack with a dragon's existing caster levels, if any. The dragon has feats appropriate for her HD. The dragon must be large size or larger to bear a medium rider, or medium size or larger to bear a small rider.

Unlike a leadership cohort the dragon is equipped from standard treasure for its CR rather than character wealth. The remaining 2/3 of her triple standard treasure is in coins, gems or similar and kept somewhere safe in a horde; she will not part with it. Unlike a leadership cohort she does not have higher than normal ability scores either. The dragon cannot benefit from barding. Your DM might allow certain magic items to fit on its body, whether from the dragon's own wealth or lent by the riding character. The dragon will demand a half share of party treasure and use 2/3 of this treasure to increase her horde.

Special: A fighter may select Dragon Rider as one of her fighter bonus feats.

Other Notes:
    • See Mounted Combat rules, Ride rules and flight rules.
    • The ride by attack feat is might be good when flying. The dragon could instead provoke an attack of opportunity in melee and circle around to make a second attack, given a 10' deep x 20' wide area behind the target. Or the dragon might take the hover feat to make things a lot easier. Or the dragon might take fly by attack if the rider takes ride by attack. I'd strongly suggest hover given the places that adventurers go.
    • Riding the dragon on the ground though is a lot less complicated. Move up and attack as normal. Whether flying or on the ground, it's a DC 10 ride check for the mount to also attack at the same time.
    • In a higher power gaming group or to throw the new player a bone, a prerequisite of character level 9th and max CR = leadership cohort level (instead of level - 1) might be ok. You might let the new player fix her ability scores if she dumped charisma.
    Last edited by ericgrau; 2012-02-08 at 03:10 PM.
    So you never have to interrupt a game to look up a rule again:
    My 3.5e Rules Cheat Sheets: Normal, With Consolidated Skill System
    TOGC's 3.5e Spell/etc Cards: rpgnow / drivethru rpg
    Utilities: Magic Item Shop Generator (Req. MS Excel), Balanced Low Magic Item System
    Printable Cardstock Dungeon Tiles and other terrain stuff (100 MB)

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ericgrau View Post
    H 707

Dragon Rider
    Prerequisites: Character level 12th, Mounted Combat, Ride 1 rank, must make peaceful contact with a dragon.

This feat lets the character attract a dragon willing to bear her as a rider. The character bears no penalties for riding an unusual mount, though she requires a saddle as normal. To determine the maximum CR of the dragon, use the leadership feat rules and subtract 1 from the cohort level, so that the absolute limit is 3 below the character's level. As the dragon gains experience (see leadership rules) she may advance in age, time allowing, or by character levels. Sorcerer levels stack with a dragon's existing caster levels, if any. The dragon has feats appropriate for her HD. The dragon must be large size or larger to bear a medium rider, or medium size or larger to bear a small rider.

Unlike a leadership cohort the dragon is equipped from standard treasure for its CR rather than character wealth. The remaining 2/3 of her triple standard treasure is in coins or gems and kept somewhere safe in a horde; she will not part with it. Unlike a leadership cohort she does not have higher than normal ability scores either. The dragon cannot benefit from barding. Your DM might allow certain magic items to fit on its body, whether from the dragon's own wealth or lent by the riding character. The dragon will demand a half share of party treasure and use 2/3 of this treasure to increase her horde.

Other Notes:
    • See Mounted Combat rules, Ride rules and flight rules.
    • The ride by attack feat is handy when flying, though not essential. The dragon could instead provoke an attack of opportunity in melee and circle around to make a second attack, given a 10' deep x 20' wide area behind the target.
    • Riding the dragon on the ground though is a lot less complicated. Move up and attack as normal. Whether flying or on the ground, it's a DC 10 ride check for the mount to also attack at the same time.
    • In a higher power gaming group or to throw the new player a bone, a prerequisite of character level 9th and max CR = leadership cohort level (instead of level - 1) might be ok. You might let the new player fix her ability scores if she dumped charisma.
    The DM might want to tweak it a bit as suggested, but that's solid looking, thanks!

And no, she dumped Wis, followed by Int, then Dex and Cha tied at 16. (She had a-freaking-mazing rolls.)
    "I Burn!"

17. - Top - End - #137
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by dspeyer View Post
    H744

Nytingulfur

Nytingulfurs are the incarnation of exploiting others' compassion. Their physical shape (when not using their change shape ability) is like large wolves, except for solid red eyes which glow faintly and bat-like wings which can fold so closely to their body as to be nearly invisible.

They fight only as a last resort, preferring to use magic and trickery to gain advantages from any they meet. Their favorite game is to find a pair of existing friends, then impersonate each to eachother and ask for expensive favors until the friendship is over.

If forced to fight, they favor hit-and-run tactics, counting on their fast healing to give them a long term advantage. If there is more than one present, they all pick a single target to focus on and only attack others if convenient or the first is effectively disabled. They first target anyone who can heal, and then whoever looks frailest.

{table]Size/Type:| Large Outsider (Evil)
    Hit Dice:| 6d8+24 (51 hp)
    Initiative:| +3
    Speed:| 50 ft; fly 30 ft (good)
    Armor Class:| 18 (-1 size, +2 Dex, +1 Dodge +6 natural), touch 12, flat-footed 15
    Base Attack/Grapple:| +6/+16
    Attack:| Bite +11 melee (1d8+9 plus 1d4 wisdom)
    Full Attack:| Bite +11 melee (1d8+9 plus 1d4 wisdom)
    Space/Reach:| 10 ft./5 ft.
    Special Attacks:| spell-like abilities, improved trip
    Special Qualities:| Mindsight to 60ft, Disguise Mind, Immunity to Poison, Fire and Electricity, DR 10/magic, SR 16, Change Shape, Fast Healing 5
    Saves:| Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +6
    Abilities:| Str 22, Dex 15, Con 18, Int 15, Wis 12, Cha 17
    Skills:| Bluff: +12, Disguise: +12 (+22 when using change shape), Forgery: +11, Hide: +7 (+11 in forests), Intimidate: +12, Knowledge(local): +11, Listen: +14 (includes +4 racial), Move Silently: +11, Spot: +10, Survival: +10 (+14 following tracks)
    Feats:| Dodge*, Mobility, Spring Attack
    Organization:| Solitary, pair, or pack (3-5)
    Challenge Rating:| 9
    Treasure:| none
    Alignment:| always lawful evil
    Advancement:| by class level
    Level Adjustment:| +7[/table]

* A Nytingulfur's mental senses allow them to always apply the dodge feat to whichever enemy is attacking at a given moment.

spell-like abilities: at will: detect thoughts (dc 15), tongues 3/day: charm monster (dc 17), suggestion (dc 16), major image (dc 16), entice gift (dc 15). Caster level 9th. Save dcs are cha-based

trip A Nytingulfur that hits with a bite attack can attempt to trip the opponent (+10 check modifier) as a free action without making a touch attack or provoking an attack of opportunity. If the attempt fails, the opponent cannot react to trip the winter wolf.

Disguise Mind When detect good/evil/law/chaos, detect thoughts, or discern lies are used on a Nytingulfur, the result is whatever the Nytingulfur wishes it to be. The caster is not aware that the spell has failed. Note that this, combined with the detect thoughts sla means that any two Nytingulfurs can effectively communicate telepathically.

Change Shape A Nytingulfur can take on the shape of whomever the person its dealing with most trusts, or a generic form of any humanoid race.

That's bloody awesome! Do you know of a way to defeat it that wouldn't seem out of place in a MLP game? Some way for good to dramatically triumph over evil? Some way to defeat this awesome creature of your awesomely twisted mind? Seriously! Let's see Fluttershy and Rarity deal with this!

18. - Top - End - #138
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    R750:
    A creature similar to the "Darkings" in Tamora Pierce's Tortall books. There's enough about them that it's tricky to describe, but the basic idea is a solid blob that's kind of like a living shadow, but in 3D and not attached to anything.
    H570 Is this good?

Darking
    Spoiler
    Show

Darklng
    Small Ooze
    6d10 HD (33 hp)
    Speed10 feet (2 squares ) Fly 30 ft (6 squares) average maneuverability
    Init: +3 (+3 dex)
    AC 16; touch 13; flat-footed 13
    (10+3 dex+3 natural)
    BAB +6; Grp +1 (+6 BAB -1 str, -4 size)
    Attack Dark touch+6 meele (1d6-1 bludgeoning)
    Full-Attack ] Dark touch+6 meele (1d6-1 bludgeoning)
    Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
    Special Attacks Spell-like abillities
    Special Qualities Blindsight 60 ft, Ooze traits Shadow within a shadow, Undetectability
    Saves Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +4
    Abilities Str 8, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 15, Cha 16
    Skills Concentration +2, Listen+14 Spot+14, Search +3 (bonus from Alertnees feat included in Spot and Listen modifiers)
    Feats Alertness <sup>B</sup>, ,Ability focus (shadow within a shadows), Combat casting, Stealthy<sup>B</sup>, Weapon finesse.
    Environment Any
    Organization Solitary, pair, gang (3-6) or shadow (5-10)
    Challenge Rating 7
    Treasure -
    Alignment Any, often lawful neutral (30% of population) or lawful evil (30% of population)
    Advancement 6-10 HD (Small) 11-13 HD (Medium)
    Level Adjustment -

As fiiting their name, darkings are similar to living blotches of ink that can display patterns images and colors they have seen on the surface of their body and are used as covert spies by mages and the nobility, or more mundanely as a living archive of information. However they have even more mysterious ability that allows them to evade natural predators and others who would attack them by projecting a false ,,shadow“ that is actually a partially physical object in whose shadow they hide themselves.

A Darking is about two feet tall and two feet wide,, though it´s body is viscous and fliud like that of all oozes and can change its dimesions easily. It is unusually light, weighing about 6 pounds. Darking speak Common and Draconic and usualy speak tersely and curtly to relay the most imoport informative they want to say quickly. As fitting for their role as spies they refuse to speak when there are unknown people or those they don´t trust in he vicinity. Obvinously Darlings hate light of any kind and will do everything in their power to remain in shadows at all times. If they cannot flee they position theselves so they are not directly illuminated and assume their incoporeal shadow-form,.

Combat
    With their extraordinarty aptitude for stealth, darking prefer subterfuge and mobility over direct cofrontation in nearly all cases. Even wen corered they willtry to escape using using diplomacy and illusions rather than violence. The only reason why darkings might use brute force is to distract a guard who protects the object of their investigation, while operating in a group. Some might assult the watchman to keep his attention occupied and give the others an opening to reach a secured area.

Alternate form (Su)
    As a standard action, the darking can assume the form of a flat, dark two- dimensional shape, as if they became their own shadow , which is now interchageable with the darking´s body as It turns incorporeal and gains the apporpriate subtype. The creature can stay incorporeal for any lenght of time and reverting back to corporeal form takes a standard action. If the shadowy body is illumuinated, the Darking must succed at a Will save each round it remains in the area or revert to its corporeal form. The save DC is 15 for natural, mundane daylight or (10+ spell level+ key abillity modifier) for spells with the [light] descriptor. Returning to corporeal form takes a free action.

Blidsight (Ex)
    The whole body of a darking is a primitive sensory organ that can ascertian objects and creatures within 60 feet.

Ooze traits
    An ooze possesses the following traits (unless otherwise noted in a creature’s entry).
    • Mindless: No Intelligence score, and immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).
    • Blind (but have the blindsight special quality), with immunity to gaze attacks, visual effects, illusions, and other attack forms that rely on sight.
    • Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, polymorph, and stunning.
    • Some oozes have the ability to deal acid damage to objects. In such a case, the amount of damage is equal to 10 + ½ ooze’s HD + ooze’s Con modifier per full round of contact.
    • Not subject to critical hits or flanking.
    • Proficient with its natural weapons only.
    • Proficient with no armor.
    • Oozes eat and breathe, but do not sleep.

Shadow within a shadow(Su)
    As a standard action, the darking can channel stuff of the Shadow plane to create a partialy material projection that is simililar to the effect of a Major image spell. The creature most ofthen uses this ability to project an image of itself into the distance to create the illusion of a double and distract pursuers with it or to create a diversion to turn icorporeal in the projection´s shadow. Another use is to create a spherical blob shape that has streaks of black and white or other colors on the surface. As a standard action the darking can make those patterns shift and swirl and observing them causes any creature with an Inteligence score to be fascinated for as long as they keep watching the sphere and are not in obvious danger. Succeeding at a DC 16 Will save negates the fascination effect Maintaining the projection takes as little concentration as walking so it remains active while the creatures is moving around but it disappears if the Darking gets involved in combat, unless it succeeds at a Concentration check while fighting defensively. Succeding at a DC 18 Will save lets the target avoid the effect. The save DC is Charisma-based. This is a mind-affecting, pattern and shadow effect .

Spell-like abilities (Caster level 6th, base DC 13+ spell level)
    3/day- Darkness
    1/day- deeper Darkness

Undectabilty ( Ex)
    Divination magic cast to detect the darking as well as other effects that locate or spy on creatures and might show him incidentally (such as a scrying sensor) fail or do not show him, as appropriate, unless the caster succeds at a caster level check against DC equal to (10+ ½ the darking´s HD). Failing to scry because of this abiility, grants the creature immunity against being scryed by that particular caster for 24 hours as if the darking had succeded at it´s saving throw. ( Other limitations might apply depending on the individual spell used) Creatures with a divine rank or with a cosmic essence or level of awareness (at the DM´s discretion) are not impeded by this ability.

Does it look any good? Is the undectablity abillity balanced?

Quote Originally Posted by lefuthezombie View Post
    H1.I want a cannibal mage prestige class so I can kill and eat any one or thing that cast spells or has spell like ability’s and by doing this learn them my self.I think its important to get a bight attack and the ability to digest odd things like undead flesh, and descent save so I can actually live to kill the other guy.may sacrifice advancement in previous spell progression for class features.
    H707.5
    I have no idea what number you´re supposed to be, but I think you might like this. It is a quick and dirty soluton ( no offense intended) but it does what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralasha View Post
    R718
    I would like to see a Nature based half-breed template similar to the Half-Celestial/Half-Fiend.
    Rather than being an extra-planar's child, or the offspring of a dryad/nymph/etc.

Something akin to the legendary Celtic Green Man as a race or template with innate Nature based abilities.

I hope this is specific enough.
    H718
    I think this fits quite well, though it is more about a person overgrown with plants who has abilites tied to nature, rather than a being related to dryads and similar creatures.
    Last edited by ScIaDrd; 2012-02-18 at 01:00 PM.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started mine in the Players´ house in a large elven city.
    Boring, duh.
    GENERATION 17: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment

My Paladin´s to-be motto:
    Peace and love through superior firepower and divine righteousness.
    If you approve, copy and paste this into your signature.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ScIaDrd View Post
    H570 Is this good?

Darking
    Spoiler
    Show

Darklng
    Small Ooze
    6d10 HD (33 hp)
    Speed10 feet (2 squares ) Fly 30 ft (6 squares) average maneuverability
    Init: +3 (+3 dex)
    AC 16; touch 13; flat-footed 13
    (10+3 dex+3 natural)
    BAB +6; Grp +1 (+6 BAB -1 str, -4 size)
    Attack Dark touch+6 meele (1d6-1 bludgeoning)
    Full-Attack ] Dark touch+6 meele (1d6-1 bludgeoning)
    Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
    Special Attacks Spell-like abillities
    Special Qualities Blindsight 60 ft, Ooze traits Shadow within a shadow, Undetectability
    Saves Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +4
    Abilities Str 8, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 15, Cha 16
    Skills Concentration +2, Listen+14 Spot+14, Search +3 (bonus from Alertnees feat included in Spot and Listen modifiers)
    Feats Alertness <sup.>B</sup>, ,Ability focus (shadow within a shadows), Combat casting, Stealthy<sup.>B</sup>, , Weapon finesse.
    Environment Any
    Organization Solitary, pair, gang (3-6) or shadow (5-10)
    Challenge Rating 7
    Treasure -
    Alignment Any, often lawful neutral (30% of population) or lawful evil (30% of population)
    Advancement 6-10 HD (Small) 11-13 HD (Medium)
    Level Adjustment -

As fiiting their name, darkings are similar to living blotches of ink that can display patterns images and colors they have seen on the surface of their body and are used as covert spies by mages and the nobility, or more mundanely as a living archive of information. However they have even more mysterious ability that allows them to evade natural predators and others who would attack them by projecting a false ,,shadow“ that is actually a partially physical object in whose shadow they hide themselves.

A Darking is about two feet tall and two feet wide,, though it´s body is viscous and fliud like that of all oozes and can change its dimesions easily. It is unusually light, weighing about 6 pounds. Darking speak Common and Draconic and usualy speak tersely and curtly to relay the most imoport informative they want to say quickly. As fitting for their role as spies they refuse to speak when there are unknown people or those they don´t trust in he vicinity. Obvinously Darlings hate light of any kind and will do everything in their power to remain in shadows at all times. If they cannot flee they position theselves so they are not directly illuminated and assume their incoporeal shadow-form,.

Combat
    With their extraordinarty aptitude for stealth, darking prefer subterfuge and mobility over direct cofrontation in nearly all cases. Even wen corered they willtry to escape using using diplomacy and illusions rather than violence. The only reason why darkings might use brute force is to distract a guard who protects the object of their investigation, while operating in a group. Some might assult the watchman to keep his attention occupied and give the others an opening to reach a secured area.

Alternate form (Su)
    As a standard action, the darking can assume the form of a flat, dark two- dimensional shape, as if they became their own shadow , which is now interchageable with the darking´s body as It turns incorporeal and gains the apporpriate subtype. The creature can stay incorporeal for any lenght of time and reverting back to corporeal form takes a standard action. If the shadowy body is illumuinated, the Darking must succed at a Will save each round it remains in the area or revert to its corporeal form. The save DC is 15 for natural, mundane daylight or (10+ spell level+ key abillity modifier) for spells with the [light] descriptor. Returning to corporeal form takes a free action.

Blidsight (Ex)
    The whole body of a darking is a primitive sensory organ that can ascertian objects and creatures within 60 feet.

Ooze traits
    An ooze possesses the following traits (unless otherwise noted in a creature’s entry).
    • Mindless: No Intelligence score, and immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).
    • Blind (but have the blindsight special quality), with immunity to gaze attacks, visual effects, illusions, and other attack forms that rely on sight.
    • Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, polymorph, and stunning.
    • Some oozes have the ability to deal acid damage to objects. In such a case, the amount of damage is equal to 10 + ½ ooze’s HD + ooze’s Con modifier per full round of contact.
    • Not subject to critical hits or flanking.
    • Proficient with its natural weapons only.
    • Proficient with no armor.
    • Oozes eat and breathe, but do not sleep.

Shadow within a shadow(Su)
    As a standard action, the darking can channel stuff of the Shadow plane to create a partialy material projection that is simililar to the effect of a Major image spell. The creature most ofthen uses this ability to project an image of itself into the distance to create the illusion of a double and distract pursuers with it or to create a diversion to turn icorporeal in the projection´s shadow. Another use is to create a spherical blob shape that has streaks of black and white or other colors on the surface. As a standard action the darking can make those patterns shift and swirl and observing them causes any creature with an Inteligence score to be fascinated for as long as they keep watching the sphere and are not in obvious danger. Succeeding at a DC 16 Will save negates the fascination effect Maintaining the projection takes as little concentration as walking so it remains active while the creatures is moving around but it disappears if the Darking gets involved in combat, unless it succeeds at a Concentration check while fighting defensively. Succeding at a DC 18 Will save lets the target avoid the effect. The save DC is Charisma-based. This is a mind-affecting, pattern and shadow effect .

Spell-like abilities (Caster level 6th, base DC 13+ spell level)
    3/day- Darkness
    1/day- deeper Darkness

Undectabilty ( Ex)
    Divination magic cast to detect the darking as well as other effects that locate or spy on creatures and might show him incidentally (such as a scrying sensor) fail or do not show him, as appropriate, unless the caster succeds at a caster level check against DC equal to (10+ ½ the darking´s HD). Failing to scry because of this abiility, grants the creature immunity against being scryed by that particular caster for 24 hours as if the darking had succeded at it´s saving throw. ( Other limitations might apply depending on the individual spell used) Creatures with a divine rank or with a cosmic essence or level of awareness (at the DM´s discretion) are not impeded by this ability.

Does it look any good? Is the undectablity abillity balanced?

H707.5
    I have no idea what number you´re supposed to be, but I think you might like this. It is a quick and dirty soluton ( no offense intended) but it does what you want.

H718
    I think this fits quite well, though it is more about a person overgrown with plants who has abilites tied to nature, rather than a being related to dryads and similar creatures.
    Looks pretty good. I'm not sure how much of that is from the books, as I've only read one of the books they appear in (the 4th Wild Magic book). You put an "l" instead of an "i" in its name at the top of the spoiler, incidentally.
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #140
    Barbarian in the Playground

R751: A playable undead race with an LA of +0 to +2. I'd like to see it include possibly darkvision as well .
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ettin in the Playground

R752: I came up with the following idea, but have no idea how to implement it mechanics-wise.

Prenumbral Maw

The Prenumbral Maw, as it is called, is one of the most rare and unusual sights upon the Material Plane, and for those who know what it is, amongst the most dreaded.

It appears as a mobile swirling black vortex. While it fluctuates in size like the shore of the ocean, on average the vortex is about the size of a humanoid, though larger one have been reported. One account even describes a cluster of them coming together and combining to form a much greater Maw, though the veracity of this report is unknown. It is believed amongst the learned arcanists that the Prenumbral Maws as mortals see them are living planar rifts, leading to an extradimensional space. Whether they are individual entities or all part of the same, much larger being is unknown; if the statement of their ability to merge is true, it would suggest the latter.

When a Maw is close to a humanoid or other suitable target, large black tentacles emerge from it, grabbing the intended victim. The similarity of these tentacles to the one produced by the eponymous spell has lead some to believe the Maw was created originally by a disasterous incident involving a botched casting of Black Tentacles. Others believe the reverse is true: the spell Black Tentacles somehow invokes and harnesses the power behind the Maws. Regardless, once the Maw has grabbed a victim, it begins to forcefully drag it into its swirling center. As a victim is pulled in, they become hysterical, dropping everything and losing their senses, only able to struggle to claw their way out. Once the Maw has swallowed a victim, it collapses in on itself and disappears. Sometimes, the victim reappears at the same spot a short time later. They describe their experience like an unremembered nightmare; horrified beyond belief but unable to recall any details. Other times, the victim is simply never seen again.

Combatting the Maw is a most difficult task. As a living planar rift, it is almost impossible to destroy, though spells such as Dimensional Anchor cause it significant distress. It is only really vulnerable when it extends its tentacles; these can be wounded like any creature. If it is sifficiently hurt, it will close up without claiming a victim.
    Last edited by Maquise; 2012-03-07 at 11:30 AM.
    "For it is in passing that we achieve immortality" - Pyrrha Nikos

Quote Originally Posted by Stu42 View Post
    I used to like called shots. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
    Arvak Avatar by Dirtytabs

22. - Top - End - #142

C752: I'll give this a go, might take some time. Two questions before I start
    Would you prefer it to be an aberration or an outsider?
    And how powerful do you want it?
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2012-03-08 at 04:06 AM.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #143
    Pixie in the Playground

Beholder

R753

An adaptation of the Lorwyn kithkin of (Magic the gathering) to 3.5 small humanoid creatures, with a strong sense of community and the ability to convey their thoughts between them (thoughtweft)

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ettin in the Playground

C752: I'll give this a go, might take some time. Two questions before I start
    Would you prefer it to be an aberration or an outsider?
    And how powerful do you want it?
    To be honest, I don't exactly understand the difference b/w aberrations and outsiders, as they tend to get blurry at times, and I'm not sure where this would fall. So whichever would make the most sense to you.

As for power, I'm guessing the Medium should be about CR 10, and with the different sizes going up and down, respectively. If you could, having many different sizes, like Elementals, would be most excellent.
    "For it is in passing that we achieve immortality" - Pyrrha Nikos

Quote Originally Posted by Stu42 View Post
    I used to like called shots. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
    Arvak Avatar by Dirtytabs

25. - Top - End - #145
    Pixie in the Playground

R 754

I've been thinking about working on the Periodic Table elementals (titanium? chlorine?)

However, I just wanted a suggestion for one of the powers that a Large carbon elemental could use. Maybe it could somehow gain a bonus to attack or damage (or both) rolls if it were on fire (coal?) We're going to meet it in an abandoned mine.

My party is a stereotypical group of 4 with a ranger, wizard, fighter, cleric arrangement, if that helps.
    Any difficulty level welcome.

Spoiler
    Show
    And wouldn't it be awesome if it could somehow compress itself into diamond?!
    Last edited by swethy; 2012-03-14 at 02:09 PM.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

R 754

Ok, so now it's my turn to DM in my IRL game.

The last session the party defeated an intelligent giant spider in it's layer, and then decided they wanted to collect webbing and take it to an armor smith to see if he could harden and strengthen it into a super light armor material, arguing the massive strength of spider silk.

I caved but told them it wold take a fair amount of time just to get the silk ready to make into armor, which they very happily accepted. I've got until perhaps the end of this up coming session on Saturday to some up with stats for the material.

I am ok with it being something that would have been insanely valuable. I don't mind buffing a mostly T4-T3 party with one T1 (Cleric.) who has no idea how to use a T1 (Was the players first session last session. ) with one set of valuable items, I'll just be more stingy with the WLB after this for a bit.

Thanks!

Edit: Whoops! Typoed the request number, fixed now!
    Last edited by Metahuman1; 2012-03-14 at 03:48 PM.
    "I Burn!"

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

H 754

As a material...
    give it lightness, like Mithril.

Give it... DR (small number)/magic
    If you could make that overcome by fire instead of magic, that would be good, but officially that can't happen.

If you want it to be from the sticky kind of spiderweb, make it as follows:
    If the wearer of this armor is attacked with a melee weapon (not natural weapons or unarmed strikes), and the attacker does not overcome the wearer's flat-footed AC, the attacker must make a Strength check that beats the armor's AC bonus, or be disarmed. If disarmed, the weapon sticks to the armor, and can be removed only with the same Strength check. Each failed Strength check that comes within 5 decreases the DC for future attempts to remove the same weapon by 1.
    My Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #148

H752

Penumbra Maw
    Medium Outsider (Native)
    Hit Dice 10d8+40 (85)
    Speed 5 ft. (1 squares)
    Initiative: +4
    Armor Class 16; touch +13; flat-footed +13 (+1 Deflection, +3 Natural)
    Base Attack/Grapple +10/+16 (+5 Grapple Bonus)
    Attack Slam +11 melee (1d8, 19-20/x2 + Maddening Touch)
    Full-Attack 3 Slam Attacks +10/+5/-1 melee (1d8, 19-20/x2 + Maddening Touch)
    Space 5 ft.; Reach 5* ft.
    Special Attacks Draw Within, Improved Grab, Maddening Touch, Multi-Grapple
    Special Qualities Rift Body, Tendrils
    Saves Fort +8 10 Ref +9 Will +10
    Abilities Str 12, Dex 14, Con 18, Int 6, Wis 16, Cha 9
    Skills Hide +17, Listen +20, Spot +20, Survival +18
    Feats: Alertness, Blind Fight, Combat Reflexes Improved InitiativeB, Improved Natural Armor
    Environment Any
    Organization Solitary
    Challenge Rating 10
    Treasure None
    Alignment Always True Neutral
    Advancement HD 11-15 (Medium), 16-20 (Large)

It appears as a mobile swirling black vortex. While it fluctuates in size like the shore of the ocean, on average the vortex is about the size of a humanoid, though larger one have been reported. It is believed amongst the learned arcanists that the Prenumbral Maws as mortals see them are living planar rifts, leading to an extradimensional space. Whether they are individual entities or all part of the same, much larger being is unknown.

Combat
    When a Maw is close to a humanoid or other suitable target, large black tentacles emerge from it, grabbing the intended victim. Once the Maw has grabbed a victim, it begins to forcefully drag it into its swirling center.

Draw Within (Su): At the end of each turn if the Maw is currently grappling a creature, they must make a strength check (DC 16)or be moved 5ft closer to the possession of the Maw.

If this would cause the creature to enter the square of the Maw, the two must make opposing grapple checks. If the creature fails the check, they are pulled into the rift. After succeeding in its goal the Maw collapses upon itself, taking the creature with it.

The DM must then Roll d20. If a twenty is rolled the creature is lost forever (Excepting epic quests). If a number other than twenty is rolled the creature reappears in the exact spot the maw swallowed him a number of days later equal to the number rolled.

Improved Grab (Ex): If a Penumbral Maw hits with its Slam attack it deals normal and wisdom damage as above, and attempts a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of oportunity. No initial touch attack is required.

Maddening Touch (Su): On a successful hit with its slam attack the target is also dealt 1d4-2 wisdom damage.
    In addition at the end of a round any creature that is being grappled by the Maw must make a Will Save (DC 18) or be confused (as the spell).

Multi-Grapple (Ex): A Penumbral Maw can grapple one creature per tendril, instead of only one. Also it can only grapple if someone is within range of 5ft of the end of one of its tendrils.

Rift Body (Ex): A Penumbral Maw is practically indestructible and amazingly hard to locate while it is within its rift. If it is in its normal state it can hide without any concealment or cover, in addition to being immune to all forms of damage.
    As a full round action a Maw can Manifest. While manifesting its ability to hide without cover or concealment is lost, and its Tendril ability automatically activates without needing to use a move action.

But as a side-effect of existing within the rift, if it is under the effect of dimensional anchor or dimensional lock spell it is immediately Panicked, no save.

Tendrils (Ex): By spending a move action or when it manifests the Penumbral Maw sends out three tendrils through the rift.
    The creature may select three foot squares within 20ft. The Tendril counts as existing in each square and a 5ft wide line which connects it to the Maw, for the purposes of attacking the Maw.
    The Maw on the other hand can only attack creatures within 5ft of the three squares selected.

If a tendril is attacked it deals damage to the Penumbral Maw, bypassing its regular immunity to damage.
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2012-03-16 at 06:28 AM.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #149

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    R751: A playable undead race with an LA of +0 to +2. I'd like to see it include possibly darkvision as well .
    H751
    Made this a few months ago.
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2012-03-16 at 06:42 AM.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #150

Unfortunately: 'There is currently no text in this page. You can search for this page title in other pages, search the related logs, or edit this page.'

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、