New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures: Team Rocket, v 0.1

Ethan shakes his head, trying to clear the drowsiness. C'mon Ollie, *yawn* lets look elsewhere. Ethan moves out of the kitchen into the adjecent room, and searches there (if he can stay awake).

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception if I can stay awake (1d20+2)[3]
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

2. - Top - End - #782
    Firbolg in the Playground

OK, so you know, this is a warning shot. You may want to concede after it, because I can't guarantee the next one won't floor your little friend here permanently, and I'm not looking to do that.

Buck lines up for a Low Kick.

(1d20)[19]

(1d10+17)[23]

3. - Top - End - #783
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    Ethan shakes his head, trying to clear the drowsiness. C'mon Ollie, *yawn* lets look elsewhere. Ethan moves out of the kitchen into the adjecent room, and searches there (if he can stay awake).

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception if I can stay awake [roll0]
    You and Ollie both fall to the ground, unconcious. You feel your Pokeball plucked from your belt and Ollie returned before you fall asleep. You see the Jigglypuff walking over with some rope before you become fully unconcious.

Quote Originally Posted by hustlertwo View Post
    OK, so you know, this is a warning shot. You may want to concede after it, because I can't guarantee the next one won't floor your little friend here permanently, and I'm not looking to do that.

Buck lines up for a Low Kick.

[roll0]

[roll1]
    The Pokemon easily takes the hit, but the man still recalls it.

"Bah! She can't even hurt your Pokemon! There's no point!" he says, tossing a small pile of bills down on the ground and walking away.

Spoiler
    Show
    ^1000, 288 XP
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

4. - Top - End - #784
    Titan in the Playground

It's probably for the best that Artemis was in a good mood from making such progress with Prolios, or she'd have probably scattered the boy's cards to the wind and left without a word. Instead she gives him a disinterested look and reads his mind. "I'll assume you don't mean by trying to kill each other with the cards. I have no concept of how to play your game, sadly." Her response is slightly annoyed, but she's bored enough to play along. How about taking a step back and talking to me from a normal distance instead of right in my face.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-05-02 at 08:43 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

5. - Top - End - #785
    Troll in the Playground

Romeo trusted Elly's sense. Either that doll was Copycat, or it was a trap of some sort. He sends out Luna.

'You aren't the only one who loves cute stuff CC. You like dolls and I have an adorable bear. Luna, go grab that doll and bring it over here for me to look at, but don't break any of Copycats stuff.'
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

6. - Top - End - #786
    Titan in the Playground

Sleep checks

(1d20)[5]
    (1d20)[5]
    (1d20)[17]
    (1d20)[9]
    (1d20)[6]
    (1d20)[6]
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

7. - Top - End - #787
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Booster. Can't shift pokemon type, just make other attacks more effective."
    He takes the money.
    "Anyone else want one? I'd prefer to make one trip if I could."

8. - Top - End - #788

Thanks for coming!

He looks to Buck.

Let's get outta here, pal. I think this is a well we should not come back to very often, or else we're going to end up getting our brains wiped by angry, broke psychics.

Not seeing his newly found comrades, Paul heads back to his place. He fires off another message to Romeo as he goes, with Buck following close behind.

Hey, leaving gym now and heading home. Sending address now. Come on down when you're ready to juice up my Sandshrew.

He sends another one to Gerald.

If you're wanting my Hardcase inside your Sparky to make up some buggy babies, come on around to my place. Address to follow.

Meanwhile, Paul sends out Hardcase.

Now, I've been brusque with you, rough even. Perhaps I haven't given you a fair shake. Now let's see if I can give you a chance to make your case, Hardcase.

Paul breathes deep and attempts to connect to the Kakuna.

(1d100-14)[-5]

9. - Top - End - #789
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    It's probably for the best that Artemis was in a good mood from making such progress with Prolios, or she'd have probably scattered the boy's cards to the wind and left without a word. Instead she gives him a disinterested look and reads his mind. "I'll assume you don't mean by trying to kill each other with the cards. I have no concept of how to play your game, sadly." Her response is slightly annoyed, but she's bored enough to play along. How about taking a step back and talking to me from a normal distance instead of right in my face.
    "Sorry," the kid says, backing away. He dashes across the park to bug somebody else with his game.

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict View Post
    Romeo trusted Elly's sense. Either that doll was Copycat, or it was a trap of some sort. He sends out Luna.

'You aren't the only one who loves cute stuff CC. You like dolls and I have an adorable bear. Luna, go grab that doll and bring it over here for me to look at, but don't break any of Copycats stuff.'
    Luna starts to waddle over to the doll, but halfway there stops and turns, running straight at you, wrapping its arms around your leg and shaking in fear.

The dolls slowly sits up, eyes glowing maliciously. As you look around in terror you see more and more dolls have their eyes start to change to a dangerous orange.

Sleep checks

[roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]
    [roll4]
    [roll5]
    It takes you awhile, but soon you wake up, bound and gagged, lying on the kitchen floor. You see a young woman next to you. She grins hugely, then her face begins to change. Slowly her entire body changes to match, eventually ending with her taking your form, looking exactly like you. She pulls the glassess off your face and puts them on, completing the illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    "Booster. Can't shift pokemon type, just make other attacks more effective."
    He takes the money.
    "Anyone else want one? I'd prefer to make one trip if I could."
    A handful of other kids line up, handing you enough money to make anther four. Three request Fighting ones while the last asks for a Dark one.

Thanks for coming!

He looks to Buck.

Let's get outta here, pal. I think this is a well we should not come back to very often, or else we're going to end up getting our brains wiped by angry, broke psychics.

Not seeing his newly found comrades, Paul heads back to his place. He fires off another message to Romeo as he goes, with Buck following close behind.

Hey, leaving gym now and heading home. Sending address now. Come on down when you're ready to juice up my Sandshrew.

He sends another one to Gerald.

If you're wanting my Hardcase inside your Sparky to make up some buggy babies, come on around to my place. Address to follow.

Meanwhile, Paul sends out Hardcase.

Now, I've been brusque with you, rough even. Perhaps I haven't given you a fair shake. Now let's see if I can give you a chance to make your case, Hardcase.

Paul breathes deep and attempts to connect to the Kakuna.

[roll0]
    In a flash you are inside the bugs mind. You can see what it is currently thinking about you, namely pulling itself to the cieling while you sleep and crashing down on your jewels. It seems to hate you with a passion.

Show

10. - Top - End - #790
    Titan in the Playground

Ethan seethes with fury at first, but quickly calms. This was her game. And she played it well. She had bested him. If he could see her properly, he bet she mimiced him perfectly. He had to commend her for her skill. Even if he was annoyed with his current predicament. Besides being bound and gagged he was unharmed and Ollie was safe in his ball. Ethan tries his best to sit up, but cant without arms to push up on. So instead, he closes his eyes and bows his head in her direction. Hopefully she realizes he is trying to communicate defeat.
    Last edited by MesiDoomstalker; 2012-05-02 at 09:58 PM.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

11. - Top - End - #791
    Titan in the Playground

She shrugs and continues playing with separating molecules (playing it off as her figuring out how to get it to work, not actually phasing). She looked a bit like a nerd with her glasses and shirt with some cheesy joke on it, she supposed but that doesn't mean she put up with such terrible social skills or played trading card games. Then again, she did lightly suggest killing him with cards, so maybe she shouldn't judge so quickly. Oh well. She begins to try to make conversation with Prolios. Good practice today. You're learning quickly.

Show

12. - Top - End - #792
    Troll in the Playground

Romeo picks up Luna and rushes the hell down stairs, Elly at their heels. At least Luna knew Romeo would protect her when she needed it.

When he reaches the bottom he hammers on the light screen. 'Ethan! Ethan! This place is haunted!'

He grabs Luna and turns her towards him. 'If anything comes down the stairs after us, Lick it, don't try to scratch it.' He gives her a quick reassuring cuddle, and Elly rubs against his leg while growling. He wished she had evolved into an umbreon already.
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

13. - Top - End - #793

Talk to me then, Hardcase. What is it you want from me? I mean, I know basic things, like stop using you as a grappling hook, a flail, or a buttscratcher. But these are things I'm doing to motivate you. If I pampered you and made your life easy, you'd remain a Kakuna forever. Once you change, they will cease, and you can segue into becoming a real member of this team, like Buck here.

14. - Top - End - #794
    Titan in the Playground

Ethan seethes with fury at first, but quickly calms. This was her game. And she played it well. She had bested him. If he could see her properly, he bet she mimiced him perfectly. He had to commend her for her skill. Even if he was annoyed with his current predicament. Besides being bound and gagged he was unharmed and Ollie was safe in his ball. Ethan tries his best to sit up, but cant without arms to push up on. So instead, he closes his eyes and bows his head in her direction. Hopefully she realizes he is trying to communicate defeat.
    She heads up the stairs, waving the Light Screen away, shaking with silent laughter.

She shrugs and continues playing with separating molecules (playing it off as her figuring out how to get it to work, not actually phasing). She looked a bit like a nerd with her glasses and shirt with some cheesy joke on it, she supposed but that doesn't mean she put up with such terrible social skills or played trading card games. Then again, she did lightly suggest killing him with cards, so maybe she shouldn't judge so quickly. Oh well. She begins to try to make conversation with Prolios. Good practice today. You're learning quickly.
    Shuddup, the Ralts "says", going back to its nap.

Soon enough a small battle starts in the park, but other then that it seems to be a peaceful night.

Romeo picks up Luna and rushes the hell down stairs, Elly at their heels. At least Luna knew Romeo would protect her when she needed it.

When he reaches the bottom he hammers on the light screen. 'Ethan! Ethan! This place is haunted!'

He grabs Luna and turns her towards him. 'If anything comes down the stairs after us, Lick it, don't try to scratch it.' He gives her a quick reassuring cuddle, and Elly rubs against his leg while growling. He wished she had evolved into an umbreon already.
    Unfortunately, you never reach the stairs. The door to the room is locked tight. The stuffed animals start to float towards you, coming close, almost there, stuffed arms stretched out to reach you....

And then the door is opened from the outside and you're pulled out of the room. You land on the ground, only to look up and see Ethan.

"Sorry about that. If found her notebook," he says, pulling out a small book. "Apparently that's some sort of trap for people that get it. I found a way around the Light Screen to try to warn you, but apparently you already tripped it," he says, helping you up.

Show

15. - Top - End - #795
    Titan in the Playground

Talk to me then, Hardcase. What is it you want from me? I mean, I know basic things, like stop using you as a grappling hook, a flail, or a buttscratcher. But these are things I'm doing to motivate you. If I pampered you and made your life easy, you'd remain a Kakuna forever. Once you change, they will cease, and you can segue into becoming a real member of this team, like Buck here.
    The Kakuna sends jarbled thoughts at you, before finally speaking in a way you can understand.

Like be Kakuna. No like you. You make Kakuna no fun. No want Beedrill. Beedrill get torched by bad trainers. Kakuna get left in tree to sleep.

Show

16. - Top - End - #796
    Titan in the Playground

I wonder where she's going.....Romeo! Crap!

Ethan tries his hardest to worm his way towards to the stairs.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

17. - Top - End - #797
    Troll in the Playground

'OH SWEET MOTHER OF MEW!' He hug's "Ethan". 'Quick, do you have anything Dark? Damn, I wish Paul came with us, I think those are ghost types. Do you recognise them?'

He is still tightly clutching Luna to him, like a child trying to protect their Teddy, while being frightened themselves.

18. - Top - End - #798
    Titan in the Playground

She scans the battlers before getting a slightly evil smile. Prolios shoots up three meters. Sorry, was trying to be polite for a change. Remember what I said: openly respectful. You have slept half the day away. she lowers him to two meters before dropping him the rest of the way. So let's try again: Good practice today. You're actually improving very quickly. She makes a decent fake smile at the Ralts, though even a weak Psychic could tell the difference just walking by.

Show

19. - Top - End - #799
    Titan in the Playground

I wonder where she's going.....Romeo! Crap!

Ethan tries his hardest to worm his way towards to the stairs.
    Romeo rushes down the stairs and starts to undo your bonds, not saying a word, shaking in fear.

'OH SWEET MOTHER OF MEW!' He hug's "Ethan". 'Quick, do you have anything Dark? Damn, I wish Paul came with us, I think those are ghost types. Do you recognise them?'

He is still tightly clutching Luna to him, like a child trying to protect their Teddy, while being frightened themselves.
    "No, you know I don't have a Dark type," Ethan says, rolling his eyes. "If her map is right," he says, looking at the notebook. "She has an office down there," he says, pointing to the other end of the hallway. "Why the hell does she have a map of her house in her journal?" he muses to himself.

Show

20. - Top - End - #800
    Titan in the Playground

She scans the battlers before getting a slightly evil smile. Prolios shoots up three meters. Sorry, was trying to be polite for a change. Remember what I said: openly respectful. You have slept half the day away. she lowers him to two meters before dropping him the rest of the way. So let's try again: Good practice today. You're actually improving very quickly. She makes a decent fake smile at the Ralts, though even a weak Psychic could tell the difference just walking by.
    The Ralts hits the ground with a thud.

Thank you master, it says, returning to the same monotone telepathy it had used at first. I appreciate your praise.

Show

21. - Top - End - #801
    Troll in the Playground

'Because we broke the rules to her game. The upstairs must be out of bounds. If we want her help we'll need to finish it. Maybe the journal is the rule book. We need to figure out how to win. Can I take a look at it?'
    Last edited by IrnBruAddict; 2012-05-02 at 10:34 PM.

22. - Top - End - #802
    Titan in the Playground

She ignores his sarcasm. I had to get you frustrated enough to participate. You could always participate on your own without me having to pelt you with rocks.

Show

23. - Top - End - #803

Paul gingerly reaches out to stroke the Kakuna's scaly shell.

Ah, I should have noticed you were in an unusual place there. I am sorry that happened to you. I know you may not believe it, but I am not a trainer who would do such things as those sorry sods who burned those Beedrill. You saw what happened when that foul shrew killed Hank today. Anyone who attempts to take your life would find themselves in a similar predicament. I know that you have to have felt that urge to change welling up inside you. In a way, I feel it too. For years now I have enjoyed a sedentary life, content to let others do things for me while I lived in my safe little cocoon. But you know what? When you do nothing, nothing improves. Nothing gets better. Now I am moving forward, changing, becoming more than I have been of late. Are you sure you're not ready to do the same?

24. - Top - End - #804
    Titan in the Playground

As soon as "Romeo" removes his gag Ethan speaks immdiatly Oh thank Mew, Romeo! Her Jigglypuff ambushed me and put me to sleep. She copied me and took my glasses. We should stick together to prevent a mix up. Once his hands are free, he retrieves his spare pair and checks that Ollie, Quartz and Primal's balls are still on his belt and the stuff in his pack.
    Last edited by MesiDoomstalker; 2012-05-02 at 10:47 PM.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

25. - Top - End - #805
    Titan in the Playground

'Because we broke the rules to her game. The upstairs must be out of bounds. If we want her help we'll need to finish it. Maybe the journal is the rule book. We need to figure out how to win. Can I take a look at it?'
    Ethan hands you the book without a word. The front page seems to be a map, with labels such as Ghost Trap, Kitchen, and Body Disposal written on it.

She ignores his sarcasm.
    I had to get you frustrated enough to participate. You could always participate on your own without me having to pelt you with rocks.
    I could, but that's just no fun, the Ralts says.

Paul gingerly reaches out to stroke the Kakuna's scaly shell.

Ah, I should have noticed you were in an unusual place there. I am sorry that happened to you. I know you may not believe it, but I am not a trainer who would do such things as those sorry sods who burned those Beedrill. You saw what happened when that foul shrew killed Hank today. Anyone who attempts to take your life would find themselves in a similar predicament. I know that you have to have felt that urge to change welling up inside you. In a way, I feel it too. For years now I have enjoyed a sedentary life, content to let others do things for me while I lived in my safe little cocoon. But you know what? When you do nothing, nothing improves. Nothing gets better. Now I am moving forward, changing, becoming more than I have been of late. Are you sure you're not ready to do the same?
    The Kakuna listens to your words and is silent. You can see its shell shaking violently, its mind thinking of flight, of wings, of large pincers. For nearly a minute it does so. Then it goes still.

I want to, but it is not time, the bug says in dissapointment.

Show

26. - Top - End - #806
    Titan in the Playground

As soon as "Romeo" removes his gag Ethan speaks immdiatly Oh thank Mew, Romeo! Her Jigglypuff ambushed me and put me to sleep. She copied me and took my glasses. We should stick together to prevent a mix up. Once his hands are free, he retrieves his spare pair and checks that Ollie, Quartz and Primal's balls are still on his belt and the stuff in his pack.
    Besides your glassess you seem to have everything.

Romeo nods at your request, then tries the door. When it doesn't open he looks at you in panic. Why isn't he talking? Sure, he is shaking, but it would take something terrifying to shut Romeo up.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception.

Show

27. - Top - End - #807
    Titan in the Playground

Well until you get stronger it's rock dodging. The tougher stuff they have would probably kill you.

Show

28. - Top - End - #808
    Titan in the Playground

Perception on the obvious fake.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+2)[12]
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

29. - Top - End - #809
    Troll in the Playground

A wide grin appears on Romeo's face. 'Ethan, is it mad that I want to head to the spot that says body disposal?' When you risked your life as much as Romeo, you learned not to let death threats scare you. Ghosts, yes, but not death threats. And that was what this was. A big forbidden sign that he just had to take a peek at.

30. - Top - End - #810

Paul pats him.

Don't worry about it. Perhaps part of my change is that I need to learn to push all of you a little less and care a little more. The way I did back when it was all fresh and new for me. The worthless people in this city, with their taunts and hatred, they can go hang. But you guys, you're the ones who are there for me. And I'm going to start being there for you. You will know when it is time, and I will trust you to know it.

Is there anything you want? Perhaps something I can do to get back some of the happiness you have lost? A way to carry you that's a tad less fragrant, maybe?