New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach in The Playground: Renewed Revolution (Setup And Discussion)

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    I see most players so far are no enthusiastic about using Noitahovi. That's okay, I can use it for some other game then.

Meanwhile, where be terry? I could start organizing existing characters into a list so new potential players can see which Divisions exists, so on and so forth.
    HERE

THERE BE TERRYS

I'm reading up on the thread and I'm getting pretty hyped. All these old faces returning and being like 'yeah looks great' makes me all warm and fuzzy.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Superhuman strenght: Mikael does not know his own strenght - its upper limits, to be accurate. It's easy to function on a human level, because its a level of familiar sensations - he knows how it should feel to lift a shopping bag, or how hot a stove will feel when it causes burns to normal people. It's almost as easy to mimic strongest ordinary humans, because up to that point you have at least some guide line. But beyond that? Where does it end? Mikael does not know, and he daren't search for answers. It's all fine and dandy if he succeeds, but if he doesn't? Who is there to help him? Can anyone help him?

Superhuman endurance: Last time Mikael tried taking a vaccine, the needle broke against his skin. His first feat was to survive a crash that utterly flattened his car. No ordinary cold seems to be able to hurt him. But again, he has no idea of his upper limits. He still feels pain, or at least remembers how much pain he should be feeling. He's still wary of most things other humans are, because he has no idea if he can survive them. He has no precedent.

Superhuman speed: Mikael could outrun an ostrich or fly faster than the fastest bird. He's not tried either, but is roughly aware of the possibility. His feet glimmer with strange light as he moves on ground or air, leaping over buildings with a single jump.

Voice of All Things: Though he knows not the word, Mikael is a Fullbringer, and extremely powerful for one. The spirits of all things call to him, and he can speak their language. This gives him a broad array of abilities depending on what he has at hand.

Enhance: Mikael can hear the true desire of any object he holds in his hands, and improve on its functions. A toy bow becomes a real one; a kitchen knife becomes a sword; old and rusted car becomes a spiffy new one. This is usually a simple and easily foretold step, but Heaven only knows what might happen if he gets his hands on a supernatural weapon of some kind. All Enhancements are permanent unless Mikael undoes them. No object can be enhanced more than once.

Reduce: Just as easily as Mikael can give form to an item's desire, he can silence its voice completely, turning useful objects into rubbish. This can also undo effects of Enhance. Whatever he holds is reduced to its base materials. A toy bow becomes a branch of wood and a coil of string; a kitchen knife becomes a slab of metal and pile of plastic chips; a car is broken down into separate parts. The power of supernatural weapons is diminished and their releases shut down until their owner calls for them anew.

[/spoiler]
    I can see just how much effort you put into this guy. My compliments. I'm assuming this is the "villain?"

Some of his abilities seem a bit on the broken side though. Not sure if that's how you meant it or not. So I just have a few questions.

The superhuman attributes would be on par in Bleach, except they're purposely left unclearly defined. Maybe your flavor's too good and I'm just interpreting it badly, but it almost feels like you're describing Silver-Age Superman without limits. Of course you could just mean he's upper tier Bleach attributes, which is fine of course.

Enhance is a cool ability, but also vague, and vagueness worries me. The ability to give pretty much anything and everything an enhancement can be good plot-wise, but has a lot of potential for abuse especially since what the enhancement actually is is unclear. So unlimited potential.

The big one that kind of worries me is Reduce. The basics of the ability The ability to basically negate magical weaponry is kind of broken when 90 percent of the setting involves magical weaponry of some sort, whether it's a Zanpakuto, a Quincy bow, a Fullbring, or anything else. This automatically cripples most Bleach character concepts alone. I know you mention that releases can be repeated, but that begs the question of whether, for example, how long would it take for a shinigami to use their Shikai again.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

Yup, he's the villain. Some answers:

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    The superhuman attributes would be on par in Bleach, except they're purposely left unclearly defined. Maybe your flavor's too good and I'm just interpreting it badly, but it almost feels like you're describing Silver-Age Superman without limits. Of course you could just mean he's upper tier Bleach attributes, which is fine of course.
    His physical attributes are basically a carte blanche for him to be as strong as I need him to be. However, he has two clear limits: fear and lack of knowledge. He is afraid of hurting himself, so he is constantly pulling back - and he does not know how much strenght he needs to apply, or even how to apply that much strenght, until he faces an obstacle that requires him to do so. This links back to the fear part - he will not do something if he can avoid it, so for something to require him to, it needs to at least seem unavoidable.

Enhance is a cool ability, but also vague, and vagueness worries me. The ability to give pretty much anything and everything an enhancement can be good plot-wise, but has a lot of potential for abuse especially since what the enhancement actually is is unclear. So unlimited potential.
    I thought it was fairly straightforward - Enhance always improves the basic functionality of an item by a step. A toy weapon becomes a real weapon, a real weapon becomes a better weapon, a bad car becomes a good car etc. The only thing that's really open is spiritual weapons, but that's because their functionality is for their owners to decide - for example, all Zanpakuto are swords at first, but can become ice dragons, spears, giant mantarays or clouds of monomolecular blades.

Also, it's limited by what he can actually get his hands on. With all spiritual weaponry, that basically means he has to wrench the object from the owner's hands without killing them, since killing them would cause the object to disappear or lose its power. That's a pretty tough call.

The big one that kind of worries me is Reduce. The basics of the ability The ability to basically negate magical weaponry is kind of broken when 90 percent of the setting involves magical weaponry of some sort, whether it's a Zanpakuto, a Quincy bow, a Fullbring, or anything else. This automatically cripples most Bleach character concepts alone. I know you mention that releases can be repeated, but that begs the question of whether, for example, how long would it take for a shinigami to use their Shikai again.
    The tricky part is "whatever he holds in his hands." A lot of releases don't leave anything he could grab, or grabbing them would be really difficult. Remember, Mikael fears getting hurt and has poor knowledge of what he can endure. Sure, he could try grabbing something like Kokujō Tengen Myō'ō, but would he try his luck with a giant sword is another matter entirely.

As for how long it takes, it takes precisely as long as it takes for the victim to call their powers again. The answer could be "immediately", or it could be "never" depending on what exactly the victim thinks just happened. I can't tell until it happens, because it's very situational.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

stuff.
    Okay, I'm personally satisfied with those clarifications.

Let me know if your villain needs lieutenants and I'll cook someone up.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ettin in the Playground

I suggest no-one make a character to specifically be his lieutenant. It's a major point that he knows pretty much no-one.

Instead, make villainous or ambiguous character that you think might have something to give to Mikael, and I will plot something devious coming their way.

6. - Top - End - #156

Mikael looks very interesting, Frozen_Feet. With that said, however, I do think we should have some kind of leader figure for the Hollows, and none of the characters (that I've noticed) seem to fit. Does anyone have an inclination to make one?

Also, second character.

Tetsuhiko Naito
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 5' 11"
    Weight: 147 ibs.
    Side: Mortal World

Appearance
    Spoiler
    Show

Naito is a tall, striking youth. Naito has a very distinctive appearance; specifically, he is albino. His skin is extremely pale, his eyes are red-pupiled, and his hair is a bleached white. He has a slender but well muscled build, and moves with purpose and focus. Naito prefers dark, covering clothing and always wears a pair of sunglasses, as his eyes are quite sensitive due to his albinism.

Personality
    Spoiler
    Show

Naito is a calm, cool individual. He tends to be reserved and quiet, keeping his thoughts close to his chest. Despite this, he will open up and relax a bit more around people he is close to. Although generally mature for his age, Naito has a sarcastic streak and frequently takes actions that he expects will get a rise out of those around him. Naito is quite responsible, and cares deeply for his friends.

History
    Spoiler
    Show

Naito was adopted by his parents as a baby. Apart from his albinism, he seemed to be an ordinary young boy. He has had an essentially normal childhood, and is now in high school. He is a good student and captain of his school's martial arts club. Naito has always been able to see ghosts, a fact he has kept to himself.

In truth, Naito was the result of bio-engineering by a rogue Quincy cell. He was designed to be an ultimate weapon against the Hollows, but the cell was destroyed by the main Quincy organization soon after his creation for their amoral methods. Unsure of what to do with Naito, and unwilling to kill a child, the Quincies put him up for adoption.

Abilities
    Spoiler
    Show

Naito possesses the natural ability to see and interact with spiritual beings such as Ghosts, Shinigami and Hollows.

Additionally, Naito has an undiscovered natural ability to draw spiritual energy from the area around him, as well as generate his own supply. He can use this energy to increase his physical capabilities, create destructive blasts of energy, or incarnate semi-physical reishi constructions.

With some development, Naito will eventually be able to create fully solidified objects out of reishi, and perfectly control the shape and direction of his energy blasts. He will also be able to use his abilities to replicate Quincy weapons and powers.

Finally, Naito will eventually be able to use physical contact to drain the spiritual energy from his enemies and add it to his own supply.

Last edited by Dorizzit; 2012-09-15 at 11:57 AM.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't know, the story could work with no clear leader for Hollows to start off. That'd explain why there's a gap between their assaults (no clear leader to direct it), and gives time for the (badly outnumbered) Shinigami to regroup.

One potential solution would be that Hollows are looking up to Jehoel as sort leader figure (because he's so powerful), but Jehoel is too damn uninterested to really make a thing happen.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Does anyone have an inclination to make one?
    And here I was only going to play one character. I have an idea for a character but...he'd work best like Barragan. In charge until Jehoel shows up. If Frozen is ok with that?

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground

Sure. Go ahead.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

I am willing to make and RP as whatever characters are necessary to get this RP started. I'm hesitant to make any more leader characters myself and I don't want . I already have Mizuki as a captain and Kiba will have to step up sooner or later.

I'll make Shinigami officers, arrancar Fraccion, whatever other supporting cast is needed however.

I could come up with an arrancar leader if needed. It seems to me that, given the Arrancars' nature, the only way they'd be able to function as a society/army is if one big badass is leading them. Otherwise they'd all just be cannibalizing each other.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Dwarf in the Playground

If people are okay with it, I would like to pitch my suggestion for a potential Big bad when it comes to the hollow faction. Still a work in progress, but would love some feedback/advice/critisism/shouts of go away

Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Dainichi Nyorai
    Height: 6'1
    Weight: 173lbs
    Species: Arrancar
    Side: Hueco Mundo

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Coming soon

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Controlling, aloof in his motives and above all determined to enact his greater plan. He has become convinced that all creation is trapped in one simple cycle; mortals die and become hollows or move on to soul society. Those in soul society exist for a time and then become mortals once more, those who are hollows struggle to survive until their deaths at the hands of shinigami. There are but two escapes from this existence, to become arrancar and exist eternally or to achieve "promotion" from the Gotei, mankind is best served choosing the former due to the near unattainable nature of the latter. Man may only become hollow through suffering and loss, but must be strong enough to overcome that pain, and yet shinigami would take that chance away before you can try. The shinigami inhibit and prevent people their true escape, and as such must be removed.

Prone to philosophy and introspection, Dainichi uses questions and engineered situations to force those around him to do similar. He considers his own actions neither good nor evil, bu simply necessary. Similarly he believes the actions of all others are simply their nature, but will remove his enemies for inhibiting. with his own.

Powers:
    Spoiler
    Show

Generic Powers coming soon

Resurreccion: Bring final temptation, Mara
    Spoiler
    Show
    Appearance:
    From within his mouth Dainichi vomits forth black liquid, it flows down his body covering it in an intricate web of tattoos reminiscent of those on his arms and forehead. Some of these tattoos form the image if monstrous features, four extra eyes, a pair of stylised arms wrapped around his torso and like like, yet strangely amongst arrancar his form remains almost human when released.

Powers:
    In addition to the expected increases one would expect of a ressureccion, three unique abilties are gained.
    • Klesa-mara
      Dainicihi's voice shifts almost unperceptively; his tones stay the same but somehow strikes the listener reminiscent of a close friend or mentor, usually one now lost. The tattoos scrawled across his form twist and writhe whenever not looked at, twisting into words that spell out self perceived sins of the reader. Each is visible only to the reader and to Dainichi himself, who is aware of any sin present on his body.

Whilst in this aspect no weapon is present on his person, but instead his cero and bala shift to a new form. They tale upon the appearance of stylised flames and cause no damage in the traditional sense, instead they become capable of bringing out the negative emotions of those they strike such as fear, anger or despair. His touch too can have the same effect, the spiraling lines on his body almost seeming to flow onto his target where touched leaving a black stain.
    • Mrtyu-mara
      In this aspect a simple axe appears unadorned in his hand, initially plain pitted and unadorned, a simple piece of metal. The scrawls on his arm flow down across his hand and up the hilt, firmly attaching the weapon to his grip through spiraling script. All colour drains from his eyes, leaving them as blank voids, some see blackness others purest white. To look directly into those pits can leave you feeling drained and listless.

The axe itself has a very simple but very deadly power, what it cleaves is not flesh but instead rends and tears the spiritual forces of what it strikes. Harmless to humans, but terrifying to shinigami and hollows alike, the axe gains adornment in filigree of gold and silver spelling out the names of past lives of those it strikes. The blade passes harmlessly through flesh but causes great damage to the spiritual energy of the target, draining reiatsu as if the victim is experiencing great exertion. Sufficient damage from the blade can drain spiritual energy completely the results of which can be very dangerous. Similarly the axe can be used as a defence against spiritual attacks such as Cero or Kido.
    • Skandha-mara
      The final and most insidious aspect of Mara, Dainichi chokes a long straight blade, coated in black bile which slides off revealing its nature as ink staining the blade with tattoos to match his own.

The blade attacks the five aspects that make up a being, each in escalating degrees of danger. As battle rages the blade moves through its five stages outside of Dainichi's control. The blade initally cleaves simple form, moving to attacking the victims physical sensations, onto their perceptions of the world around them, onto their ability to think and make rational decisions onto finally their personality itself, leaving victims empty husks within their own bodies.

Secunda Etapa: Damm them by my true name, Devaputra-Mara
      Spoiler
      Show
      Spoilers

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    When one us first awakens from death, our only thought it loss at whatever have lost. Sorrow turns to rage, and guided by hunger we consume the dead. The clever or the strong might escape the watchers and one day hope to survive long enough to disappear into a mass, our identities once again obliterated. Those of us who's memories are too strong for that, with a force driving enough to overcome that vast sadness are reborn, upon the flesh of our fellows we become ourselves again.

This is not enough though, we loose who we are, we regress and fail and so we must continue to find how we define ourselves. Many walked this path and had not the strength to walk onwards, many are a part of me now, they found their escape from the cycle and it becomes my duty that they not return. It is in our nature to seek out that which is akin to us, taking in what fits our ideals and discarding the rest. I found a shinigami, a strike team so he said. He and his fellows to enter the endless sands in the hopes of capturing specimens, his "science division" wished to pick us apart, to reduce us to their cycle so that they might better learn to kill us. I spoke within at length, amongst the tattered forms of his squad, then I subsumed him.

Devouring hollows had helped me maintain my definition, but now I redefined myself. I escaped their cycle truely, I ceased to hunger and could merely exist. I had to share my triumph, I gathered other hollows about me. Some managed the leap, others failed and slowly but surely a handful of them made it past their time as mere hollows. I found others like myself, those who had made that leap on their own, together we built a city. A glorious city, a monument to our freedom from the reapers' cycle. Under direction they martial our forces, they train and prepare. Soon we shall free everyone from the imposed tyranny of the reapers.
    Last edited by Eiko; 2012-09-15 at 02:20 PM.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, I'll let Bob or Eiko do it I guess. I'll stick with Sawada.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Dwarf in the Playground

[SNIP]
    My only question is does he have his Bankai unlocked yet? Given the circumstances of the RP, it seems a little weird for a bunch of Vice-Captains to already have Bankai, especially when it's such good fodder for later plotlines.
    I was thinking so. He's very old, and experienced. I realize it's a bit odd under the circumstances, which is why I was asking. While I would really like to play Myojin, if he doesn't fit, he doesn't fit. I can make another character.
    Nunc id Vides, Nunc ne Vides ("Now you see it, Now you don't.")

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ettin in the Playground

Here be a link to our new character registry. You can put all your characters in one post if they just fit or make new one for each one. I'll sort them to a master list in the first post, complete with hyperlinks.

The first post also doubles as a long list of suggestions regarding the Gotei Divisions. I based my work on DiscipleBob's suggestion. Here are the key points:

1. Communications is rolled into the "Commanding Division", because frankly, it makes sense.
    2. "Secret Ops" business is rolled into Internal Security, because reading canonical description of Onmitsukido reveals that's most of what they do. (Search, imprison, excecute rogue Shinigami.)
    3. Kido Corps is rolled into R&D, because when you think about it, the "wizard's club" being precursor to modern military research in Soul Society makes tons of sense.
    4. Reconnassaince is rolled into Mortal World operations - once again, it's those things that make sense. A patrol division might as well cover all patrolling.
    5. Health services remain untouched, I just wanted to remind people they canonically cover janitoring too.
    6. Combat is entirely untouched.

I put much more setting information into the 1st post this time around, because I think it'll be helpful to fresh players, and why not old players too. I also made room for non-military Seireitei characters - these were hardly ever a thing in the past games (save for me playing a few Cental members), but I wanted to remind people that it's possible to have spiritual characters who are not of Gotei.

However, the Hollow section caused some grey hairs. We haven't really discussed how Hueco Mundo is going to be organized this time around, have we? Do we want to use the Espada system? Do we want them to have organization comparable to Shinigami?

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

I like the idea of the Hollows having the same general set up of the Shinigami. It's different and makes a lot of sense since they're much more organized this time around.

And for the "Combat" Division. I'll repost it.

The Joint Gotei Combat Division

Captains: Kaizoku Mizuki and Kenpachi Osuma

Vice Captains: Kiba and Yasunobu “Kurohime" Sawada

Seated Officers (The Dragon Fangs): Hijū Naijeru

Unseated Officers(The Grunts): Suou Nicole

History: Created last of the restructured Soul Society, the Joint Gotei Combat Division was forged from the deep and long running bonds of the Reserve and Assault Division of days past along with a good portion of the defunct Onmitsukidō and a good portion of the Research Division whose members were more focused towards Hado. This union has not however been without incident, the two former Divisions keeping much of their previous structure the same despite their new designation. Former Reserve and Assault Division leadership have a predictably difficult time keeping the other former Division in line without the instance of their Captains though this is probably owing to the force of personality the two heads of the organization. The individual histories of the two Divisions can be found below.

Spoiler
    Show
    The Reserve Division

Spoiler
    Show
    The Reserve Division has always had a reputation of loyal warriors, rowdy parties and a bent for the unusual in every aspect of their Division Life. Names of the Reserve Division Captains are well know for even if one holds the title of Captain through Soul Society, within the Reserve one must die in battle against overwhelming odds to be considered a true Captain. Such standards take their toll on those who follow such rules, the Reserve suffering the highest casualty rate of any single Division as well as the longest period of time without an acting Captain owing to strict laws within the Division for even electing a leader for their Division. It is said that one can always tell a member of the Reserve Division for their lack of manners, bare and dirty feet and loud laughter that follows when ever there is more than a group of three about. Women are more common in the Division then men and though they prize warriors over all other walks of life, Kido is well practiced and well regarded. The Division members are often referred to as Warrior Poets and Berserkers, two sides of the warrior coin. Due to their warrior spirit, the Reserve Division enjoys a rivalry with the Assault Division and since time immemorial the Captains of the Reserve Division and Assault have been almost bound by fate to be close and fast friends regardless of the age. Along with this rivalry the Reserve Division have held a constant streak of independence through out their Division since the very first Captain and are loyal only to the current Captain Commander. Thus, nobles are unwelcome almost completely within the Division and the Division will take no members of the Noble Class into their ranks.

Competition is a major part of the Division, the life of the Reserve Division on and off the battlefield run by only the best. On the field, the Reserve Division constantly cry out their kill count, collect trophies and wildly fight against back up at any cost. Off the field the Reserve hold nightly festivals where music, poetry and dancing are common. Bragging is another staple of these festivals, members of the Division making tall tales of their exploits to the wider audience, part play and part stand up comedy with each competitor trying to one up the previous contestant. These nightly festivals are open to all members of Soul Society save for nobles, who are loudly ejected should any turn up though the purpose is two fold. One cannot take the fight out of the warrior and though the nights away from death and devastation are marked by heavy partying, loud music and food the constant fear of fights run through every event most often between drunken members of the Reserve Division and Assault Division. These fights turn the festivals into boxing matches, even if other Divisions or Festival enjoyers are swift to move away, the Reserve Division is swift to swoop in and set up a wall of bodies to let the combatants continue until the fight is over or death is imminent.

The Division Grounds

The Reserve Division Grounds within Soul Society is one of the smallest of any Division, a single main building sitting in the middle of the otherwise unworked forests and well maintained gardens. Tent barracks are the most common form of building in the Reserve Division, always a step away from being torn down in a moments notice. The Division Grounds of the Reserve Division are exactly what one could expect from a group of people always on the field of battle.

Division Make up

The Captain:

The Vice Captain: Yasunobu Sawada

Fangs of the Dragon: Said to be named after the first Captain of the Divisions Bankai, the Fangs of the Dragon are the numbered members of the Reserve Division, running from the third to the sixteenth. Members of the Fangs are denoted by a their wild clothing, often torn and left un-repaired from previous fights.

The Masses: The un-numbered members of the Division and arguably the most violent and boisterous of the Reserve Division. The Masses unlike the rest of the Division fight en mass in mob tactics, punching and kicking enemies down until the weight of the Masses crush foes under foot.

Penitent Squads: Owing to their massive casualty rates, the Reserve have traditionally granted criminals their freedom on the condition that they fight in the Reserve Division until death. These men and women are forever marked in by an ancient Kido in rituals the Reserve Division hold secret. These ancient spells bind each member of the Penitent’s reiatsu, only released when the Division is ready for battle. Strong rules and generations of precedent keep the Squads from running amuck, a single crime committed dooms the entire squad back to the prisons and Maggots Nest for life. However, members of the Penitent Squad are encouraged to join the Division in their various festivals and games.

Notable Bits about the Reserve Division

The Long House: The central building of the Reserve Division Grounds, the Long House is the dining hall for all members of the Division and is open to the public regardless of class or age. Even nobles are allowed in the Long House though if they expect to be treated differently they are always in for a often times humiliating surprise. The upper floors of the Long House hold offices for the Captain and Vice Captain but they are cramped affairs.

The Graves of Cicada: The Gravestones of all previous Reserve Division Captains, each having fallen in battle against Hollows. Those Captains who have passed without incident are not granted a headstone, their names written on the floor of the Graves of Cicada so they can be stepped on for their lack of worth to the Division and to Soul Society.

Bob will be making the Captain for my Division though I suspect he's already passed away.

Spoiler
    Show
    The Assault Division has a reputation as a crowd of outlaws and vagabonds, and one that's well-deserved. The Assault Division is for those who excel at nothing but fighting. Many Shinigami just starting out in the ranks find themselves here, either because they haven't developed any specific talents or proficiencies yet, or because they're eager to get in on the action soon. Kido and anything but straightforward physical Zanpakuto, while not explicitly banned, are silently frowned upon, as it's sort of an unwritten rule to always fight without what the Assault Division refers to as "cheap tricks."

Despite their reputation as a wild pack of outlaws, when it comes time to go to war, everyone looks to the Assault Division to lead the charge. The members are always eager to join the front line, and they are very good at what they do. They have a surprisingly low casualty rate, and even though they seem disorganized and bloodthirsty, the Captain and seated members are actually either skilled or intuitive in combat tactics, able to organize charges and retreats with the most efficiency. Their tactics are ideal for minimizing casualties even in the face of a stronger opponent, and even if the grunts would throw their lives away needlessly, the Captain and seated officers command retreats often, and even the greenest of grunts know better than to disregard those orders.

Women are rare within the division. The Assault Division is very much a boys' club of drunken frat boys, and most women who'd be able to stomach the environment and put up with the harassment would much rather join the 6th Division which is much more open. Although there are exceptions of both genders on either side, the rivalry between the two warrior divisions has earned Assault Division the somewhat derogatory nickname of "the boys' locker room" and the 6th Division "the girls' locker room." The two captains despite this rivalry share a friendship that's lasted longer than any of the squad members can remember, and there are regular cross-division festivals and tournaments held between the two, though ever since Kiba's taken over as Vice-Captain, cross-division training sessions are rare.

The most important aspect of the Assault Division is loyalty. No matter what they may seem like off the field, the Assault Division is built on comradery and respect for strength. Each member would gladly die for their fellow Assault Squad members, and the Captain and Vice-Captain positions are something to be idolized and coveted. To be insubordinate is seen as a direct challenge to your superior, and direct challenges are met with battle. The seated officer ranks change often and promotions and demotions are common because all one has to do to usurp the seat above them is to beat them in recognized combat (once again, no "cheap tricks"). Only the Vice-Captain is allowed to challenge the Captain, which is rare in itself because of the sheer disparity in power between the lieutenant class and the captain class, and no one tries to challenge the current Vice-Captain because he regularly fights the entire Assault Division at once in training, and hasn't come close to losing yet. To disobey a direct order from a higher rank in the division during wartime is grounds for immediate dismissal. Kiba regularly "challenges" the Captain with a straight-up fight, which the Captain refers to as his regular workout since Kiba always gets curb-stomped.

The Assault Division grounds are a large set of training grounds, obstacle courses, and bunk beds with few amenities other than a mess hall. Most of the buildings are run-down and falling apart with the exception of the captain's quarters which is always immaculate. The Vice-Captain's quarters sit unused, as Kiba prefers to either sleep on one of the rooftops or underneath a random awning when it's precipitating.

Captain: Kenpachi Osuma

Vice-Captain: Kiba - Kiba became the Vice-Captain unofficially when the previous Vice-Captain was killed in battle. Someone else was scheduled to take the position, someone more proficient in the bureaucratic aspects of the position. Said someone tried to give Kiba an order as a superior. Said someone spent several weeks in the medical ward before requesting a transfer to a different squad. No one else dared to take the position afterward, leaving Kiba the position by default. Only taking orders from his captain, the man who took him in and trained the beast out of him in the first place, He's rough on his subordinates, and trains them hard every day. The "training" actually consists of Kiba fighting the entire squad at once with his bare hands, the squad allowed to use anything that isn't considered a "cheap trick" like Kido or illusion-based Zanpakuto. Usually Kiba only seriously injures about a half-dozen members in the process.

Seated Officers - The Seated Officers change regularly, as all one needs for a promotion or to usurp a current seat is to defeat that officer in single, fair combat. No "cheap tricks" are allowed, and a witness must be present. While the official numbered seats are mostly unknown to everyone else for this reason, the Seated Officers proudly boast which seat they currently are as they're basically titles of 3rd-strongest, 4th-strongest, etc. in the Assault Division.

Grunts - The unseated officers are treated as military grunts. They are trained to their physical peak every day. Obstacle courses, sparring matches, endurance training, everything one could think of. The stress from such work causes many new recruits to quit or request transfer as soon as possible, but those that stay become part of a deep comraderie within the unit. They'll stand up for one another in mob force, they'll never leave a man behind in combat, and anyone who does fall in battle gets a hero's funeral. Many of the Grunts joined because the current Captain was and is an idol to them.

Road to Hell - The Road to Hell is the name of an obstacle course that's been added to since the forming of the division. It's a long and trying endurance run that one needs to be in absolute peak physical condition to attempt. Some Captains can't even complete it. Any possible obstacle one could think of and more is part of the course, and only Seated Officers in the Assault Division have been able to even complete it. In fact, when there's a vacancy in the Seats, a Grunt can try to get promoted by attempting the course, but it has a less than 1 percent success rate. Every Captain and Seated Officer since the formation of the squad has added a new obstacle to the course.

Joint Gotei Combat Division Locations

The Assault Division Grounds: As the name implies, the original grounds of the Assault Division remain in the hands of the Joint Division

The Reserve Division Grounds: As the name implies, the original grounds of the Reserve Division remain in the hands of the Joint Division

The Forest of Shadows: The Onmitsukidō training grounds and barracks at the edge of Soul Society. The Forest of Shadows became property of the Joint Combat Divisions after the Onmitsukido became part of the Joint Gotei Combat Division.

The Bamboo Grove: A small section of the Kido Corp, reserved for those members of the Kido Corp who joined up with the Joint Division. The Bamboo Grove, despite it's name, is a blast proof tower where it's members focus on more combat oriented Kido.

Bob, feel free to add your touches on it as you see fit. When you've done so it'll be finished.
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2012-09-16 at 07:26 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ettin in the Playground

Okay, looking over it, here's my suggestion regarding your idea:

Once, Gotei 6 was Gotei 7, having two Divisions focused on battle: Vanguard and Reservoir Division (I can't really decide which is which from the descriptions). The names for the Divisions can really be whatever, the point is that they'd replace any notions of 6th and 11th, because I hate them numbers in this iteration, Gotei may have never had 13 Divisions.

However, for logical reasons, these two Divisions suffered the most casualties and their numbers couldn't justify two separate Divisions, so they were mashed into one. So, their backstory becomes: "Created in last restructuring of Gotei due to losses suffered early in the war, the Joint Gotei Combat Division (AKA the Assault Division), was forged from the deep and long running bonds of the Vanguard and Reservoir Divisions of days past along with a good portion of the Assassins from the now defunct Onmitsukido, and a good portion of the Hado specialist from old Kido Corps who preferred field action to research duty in the R&D Division."

Note: I keep referring to Onmitsukido as defunct because in canon, it'd become joined at the hip with Gotei; logical next step from that would be the Onmitsukido officially ceasing to exist as it is wholly integrated as part of Gotei.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, knowing that Bob wanted this Joint Division to be something relatively recent at least the last time it was brought up and...my preference to keep the the original Gotei 13 at least something in the past of the game if not in the most recent history. Perhaps after the restructuring the Sixth and 11th remained distinct as the "Assault" which I feel should be the 11th and the "Reserve Division" as the Sixth. However the two proud warrior Divisions refused to bow to such terms on mere principle. Now with the most current war the previously adamant purests have bowed to convention, forming the Joint Gotei Combat Division, picking up the scraps of the now defunct Onmitsukido as as well as pulling a good number of Hado Specailsits out of the Research and Development Division with promises of actually seeing combat.

So in essence, the names were used for their Divisions through out Soul Society but the two Captains of the Division refused to change. Even now within the Joint Combat Division they see themselves as separate and are merely together out of necessity and not because they desire it. Everyone wins this way. Bob and I don't have to change our write ups to terribly much, the proposed merging of the Divisions remains in tact and the Joint Gotei Combat Division is a thing in the game.
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2012-09-16 at 06:20 PM.

18. - Top - End - #168

I'm going with Froze - Gotei 13 is too big, too large. Just pretend the two old divisions vanguard and reservoir combine. We're not doing the Gotei 13, even in any form, because tradition is hard to overcome.

Also, the whole they got the Forest of Shadows because of a bet worries me.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    I'm going with Froze - Gotei 13 is too big, too large. Just pretend the two old divisions vanguard and reservoir combine. We're not doing the Gotei 13, even in any form, because tradition is hard to overcome.
    This is already assumed? The only added bit was that they were, in the distant past, the 11th and the Sixth Division and held the names internally out of pride.

Also, the whole they got the Forest of Shadows because of a bet worries me.
    Why? It's just flavor? I'll change it so you aren't worried however.

I've edited the 11th and Sixth out of the write up as well, just so you know Bob. I've changed them to the Assault and Reserve Divisions respectively. Feel free to make changes or additions on it as you see fit.
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2012-09-16 at 07:03 PM.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

The point I was trying to convey was that I'm okay with the backstory, mostly - the extent of my suggestion was to tweak the description a bit to account for Kido Corps being rolled into R&D, as well as remove the notion of numbered Divisions so we don't actually have to worry how many Divisions there might have been in the past.

It's not a big deal if there once were 13 Divisions - as terry noted, that's just needlessly many for the actual game. But if you really want to call the Divisions "6th" and "11th" in their history and unofficially in the game, I guess it can do. For the purposes of the registry, though, I'd ask you to call Sawada "Vice-Captain of the Assault Division" there (etc.).

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

The point I was trying to convey was that I'm okay with the backstory, mostly - the extent of my suggestion was to tweak the description a bit to account for Kido Corps being rolled into R&D, as well as remove the notion of numbered Divisions so we don't actually have to worry how many Divisions there might have been in the past.

It's not a big deal if there once were 13 Divisions - as terry noted, that's just needlessly many for the actual game. But if you really want to call the Divisions "6th" and "11th" in their history and unofficially in the game, I guess it can do. For the purposes of the registry, though, I'd ask you to call Sawada "Vice-Captain of the Assault Division" there (etc.).
    Right. I wasn't saying we needed the Gotei 13 now or even in anything resembling the near past. It was merely flavor and not something that was going to impact the story outside...the 11th and the Sixth showing that Tradition is hard to change. I figured it would be something interesting to add to the store. I try to compromise as much as possible here really.

Edit: But yes, Sawada will be called one of the Vice Captains of the Joint Gotei Combat Division.

Edit Edit: The numbered Divsions have been fully removed and it has been noted that the Research Division lost members from the former Kido Corp dedicated to Hado.
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2012-09-16 at 07:26 PM.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground

There's something wrong with Shiba Yui...
    Spoiler
    Show

Age: Looks about 30 to 40 years old. Her birth certificate claims her to be 37. It's up to you if you believe it....
    Height: 170 cm (5'7")
    Weight: 68 kg (149.6 lbs)
    Station: Unaligned mortal (secretary in a construction company)

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Looking at just her facial features, Yui is quite youthful, with not much in the way of wrinkles. She might pass for someone at mid-twenties - if not for eyecatchingly pale skin that really doesn't look healthy. Bloodveins show through clearly, especially around her eyes, creating dark rings around them. At a glance, someone might consider her either terminally ill, or think she's wearing a tasteless amount of make-up. She has dark grey hair, and deep grey eyes.

Looking past he abnormal coloring, she looks like a fairly average japanese lady, though notably tall and well-endowed one. Her choice of costume often obscures this fact, though - when at work, she's usually seen in black or dark gey suit and trousers. Should one see her in a more lax outfit such a sport gear, they'd probably say she has body of someone who worked out a lot when young. She still does work out, but a age and office work are starting to round her out. But those arms are still thick for more reason than just fat...

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    People tend to be wary of Yui - which is odd, because there doesn't seem to be many reasons why they should be. It could be her looks - maybe there's something about that paper-thin skin and bloodshot eyes that cause her to fall straight into Uncanny Valley. Or is there something more?

Ever since she was a kid, Yui did her best to be friendly to everyone, though she could be stubborn and demaning. She was always glaringly precocious, acting more adult than actual adults. As an adult, she's worked hard to earn a reputation as a diligent and dependable worker (save for occasional mysterious illness). The phrase "feared but respected" could be used to describe her. Others' aversion of her do make Yui feel a bit lonely at times.

Yui has bit of a short temper, but calms down quickly too. She isn't one to hold grudges, though she may feel merciless if sufficiently angered. You could say she forgives easily, but doesn't forget. When on the job, she's very focused, but on free time, her mind wanders. She sometimes goes off the rails in conversations, and has a comically poor sense of direction, or at least poor map-reading skills (yet somehow tends to end up just where she needs to be... how does that work?).

Yui was and is unable to bear children due to an old sports injury (or so she will tell), which is a major sore spot for her. 37 and unmarried not a very happy status to have in Japan. Luckily, she has an open-minded employer.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    When she was born, it looked like Yui's life would end before it even properly started. She was born prematurely and reacted very weakly to stimuli. She was placed into intensive care, but soon fell into a state that the doctor diagnosed as "coma". The doctor was certain she would not survive, and her parents were at the verge of breakdown. As her vital signs faded, the hospital staff called it quits and took her out of machines - but as the "cooling body" (as they thought) was waiting as the nurse was fetching her parents to share the bad news, she suddenly sprung back to life. Her cries alerted the staff back, and when the parents arrived to say their last goodbyes, they were instead greeted by a lively child kicking and screaming. No words can describe the relief they felt.

But despite the joy they felt, it didn't take long for Yui's parents to start feeling that something had went wrong with her that day. And while most of their worries were eventually proven to be for naught, they never quite managed to shake that feeling.. During Yui's first year of life, her mom hada psychotic episode and had to be hospitalized to regain her nerves. Apparently, she thought her child was moving too methodically for a real kid, and swore her child had been replaced, or possessed by something. She was diagnosed with postpartum depression, but with counseling and rest she recovered.

Yui did prove herself to be an exceptional person. She learned to read and write before attending school, and was ahead of her classmates in most subjects. Few of her teachers found her strangely suspicious, and one even claimed she was puposedly holding back a bit to not appear too clever. As Yui grew older, her headstart evened out mostly, and past highschool, she was no longer all that remarkable - maybe the differences had become finer, or she'd become better at hiding them.

Despite her jovial and friendly attitude, Yui never was very popular. Few men took interest in her, but the one who seemed even remotely promising left her when the pair learned of Yui's infertility. So much for true love. So in lack of romance, she dedicated herself to school, sports (first track & field, then Judo) and, unknown to others, observation of supernatural phenomena.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing yet.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Fit & Martially skilled: Yui is very strong for anyone, but especially for a woman of her age. Having earned a 3rd dan black belt in Judo when she was younger, she is a mean grappler too, capable of introducing taller and heavier men to Ground-sama if she so wishes. She has great stamina as well. It's rare to see her act in a manner that'd reveal it, but she also seems to have trained in some esoteric form of weapon combat. Really, measured in raw skill, she's perhaps above fresh Shinigami recruits - but she does not have preternatural strenght and endurance to back it up, putting her at severe disadvantage against most spiritual threats.

See the unseen: Yui is fairly powerful medium. She can see spirits clearly, and even sense their presence through walls or at distances sight doesn't cover. She's also capable of hiding herself from spiritual beings, appearing to be merely a non-powered mortal to all manners of spiritual senses.

Spirit lore: Yui is suspicuously knowledgeable of Shinigami, Hollows, and loads of other things pertaining to afterlife and its inhabitants. If pressured, she'll admit to having been able to see spirits since birth. But is even that enough to explain everything she knows...?

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

I'm fine with the fluff change, but it would mean some major fluff changes for Tebryn and my characters. I'm fine with this, but it would mean some changes being discussed...

I'm really personally attached to the flavor of the combat division being pure combat, discouraging and Kido or similar "tricks" from the division. Canonically, 11th Squad is the most flavorful for a reason, plus it's not like every other Division in this case wouldn't also be combat-ready. And the Captain should really be a Kenpachi.

Here are my proposed changes:

- I'll scrap Mizuki entirely. With only one combat division, she just doesn't fit anymore. I'll use the opportunity to make a captain for either the Healer or Science Division.
    - Looking at Sawada, it seems like he'd be more appropriate as a Vice-Captain for the Kido division. Would you consider that, Tebryn?
    - Kiba remains Vice-Captain of the Combat Division. Either Tebryn keeps Kenpachi Osuma, or a different Kenpachi is made and similarly gets killed off early, possibly even before the RP itself starts.
    - I'll do a new write-up for the combat division.

Either way, with the new setting changes to the shinigami, both Tebryn and mine's characters will need history revisions.

24. - Top - End - #174

I never really liked the Eleventh because of that - it was solely combat, why the hell would they hate hado?

Also, this is the Joint Combat Division. Assuming that Vanguard was Pure combat, that would be the old Eleventh - Reservoir is the mixed one.

Captain of eleventh never had to be a Kenpachi. Eleventh is just the strongest is the Captain; Kenpachi picked up his name because he murdered like everyone in District 80.

Also: Please, please, please remember that Captains will only very rarely enter combat - if you're scrapping a captain for a captain of an opposing division, one completely at odds with your original, keep in mind that a Healer/Science is even less likely to fight than the Joint Combat ones.

S'why I'm about to start designing an unseated to mess with.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2012-09-16 at 08:09 PM.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm fine with the fluff change, but it would mean some major fluff changes for Tebryn and my characters. I'm fine with this, but it would mean some changes being discussed...

I'm really personally attached to the flavor of the combat division being pure combat, discouraging and Kido or similar "tricks" from the division. Canonically, 11th Squad is the most flavorful for a reason, plus it's not like every other Division in this case wouldn't also be combat-ready. And the Captain should really be a Kenpachi.

Here are my proposed changes:

- I'll scrap Mizuki entirely. With only one combat division, she just doesn't fit anymore. I'll use the opportunity to make a captain for either the Healer or Science Division.
    - Looking at Sawada, it seems like he'd be more appropriate as a Vice-Captain for the Kido division. Would you consider that, Tebryn?
    - Kiba remains Vice-Captain of the Combat Division. Either Tebryn keeps Kenpachi Osuma, or a different Kenpachi is made and similarly gets killed off early, possibly even before the RP itself starts.
    - I'll do a new write-up for the combat division.

Either way, with the new setting changes to the shinigami, both Tebryn and mine's characters will need history revisions.
    I'll just make Sawada the Vice Captain of the R&D Division I suppose. You can take the combat Division. You can do as you please with Osuma.
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2012-09-16 at 08:24 PM.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

So I need to rewrite Naijeru's history to not inlcude Mizuki or his entire history in general really? And Terry the reason they hate Hado is because they were the kind of people who liked straight up combat, not fancy tricks. Don't see why you dislike them.

Also, maybe I missed something but whey are we not going with the fact that it was the Gotei 13 at first and then got shifted? Cause that has me a little confused. Plus the captain of the 11th is always a Kenpachi. It's a title. Zaraki is the name he got for butchering all those people. Zaraki is the 11th Kenpachi to hold that position.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    I never really liked the Eleventh because of that - it was solely combat, why the hell would they hate hado?
    For the same reason that, say, Warriors would look down on Wizards, even if the fireball-casting Wizard is far more effective in combat. It's a matter of pride involving physical training and brute force over the more intellectual approach to learning Kido.

Also: Please, please, please remember that Captains will only very rarely enter combat - if you're scrapping a captain for a captain of an opposing division, one completely at odds with your original, keep in mind that a Healer/Science is even less likely to fight than the Joint Combat ones.

S'why I'm about to start designing an unseated to mess with.
    I would love to make some unseated or even just seated officers for the shinigami. But it's kind of hard to do so when flavor's changing so often for the various divisions.

I'm kind of confused with the last statement. If the Shinigami were really in a war-setting against Arrancar and Segunda Etapa, why wouldn't they fight? It seems like they'd have to, as anyone not captain-level would instantly be flattened. Especially if Soul Society was being attacked by an army of arrancar?

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll do a write up for the R&D Division later. On reflection, I'll just switch Sawada to the Vice Captaincy there. I don't think it should be called that though. Thinking of things as we go. I've also changed it on Sawada's Character Sheet.

29. - Top - End - #179

Okay, finally getting my character up here. Let me know what you guys think. I have a general idea for a Bankai going, but not enough to put it down yet. And I don't have much for her history yet. If anybody wants one of their characters to be connected to her past, let me know. I'm open to that.

---------------------------------------

Arianna Junrin

Spoiler
    Show
    Height: 5' 11" at head, 7' at top of wings when folded
    Weight: 120 lbs
    Station: Reconnaissance, Vice-Captain
    Reaitsu: Like a strong wind rushing past

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Arianna possesses shoulder length, light brown hair that is always kind of messy, no matter what she tries. She gave up trying to tame it a long time ago. Her eyes are yellow, with slightly elliptical pupils.

She is slender for her height. Her muscles, while not large, are well defined. The standard Shinigami uniform tends to hide that fact most of the time, though.

She has a single tattoo. It is a curvy line that starts on the back of her right hand, spirals once up her arm, across her chest, once around her torso, once down the left leg, and ends at the top of her foot.

However, the most noticeable part of her appearance would be the large pair of brown wings sprouting from her back. Extended out, Arianna has a wingspan of ten feet. The wings closely resemble those of a Golden Eagle.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Many would describe Arianna as being fairly easy going. She doesn't seem to worry about too much. She takes orders well, and is devoted to her work. She isn't too strict with her subordinates. Unless they need it. She isn't quick to anger, and doesn't really hold grudges long.

In being devoted to her work, she will quickly get serious when the situation calls for it. But, any other time, she's pretty laid back.

She takes pride in guiding souls to the Soul Society, and in confronting rogue Hollows.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    To be filled in later.

Zanpakuto: Washi no Tsume
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sealed Form:
    Spoiler
    Show
    When sealed, Washi no Tsume has the general shape of a standard katana, if a little bit shorter and a little bit more curved. A single brown feather, similar to those on Arianna's wings, dangles from the guard.

Inner World:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A large clearing surrounded by tall redwoods. Slightly cloudy, brilliantly blue sky overhead. A river can be heard nearby, but it cannot be found. In the distance, one can see the outline of tall mountains, though they can never be reached. A single redwood, the tallest of them, stands almost directly in the center of the clearing. Windows are seen in the trunk, as if it was turned into a house. There is at least one window lit at all times, with more being lit as Arianna and Washi no Tsume's remaining strength stays high. There is a single, simple wooden door at the base of the trunk, with an eagle head knocker.

Zanpakuto Spirit:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Washi no Tsume herself appears as a graceful, elegant lady. Her hair is long and dark, left to flow down her back. She wears an elegant, flowing dress that trails behind her, moving slightly as if rustled by the wind. Elbow length dress gloves cover her hands, and on her feet are a pair of very high heels. Her clothes are varying shades of dark brown, seeming to change with the light. Except her heels. These are always yellow, with black tips. Her eyes are almost the same as Arianna's, with her color being a little bit more vibrant. She often speaks in a soft voice, and seems to almost glide as she walks.

That is her usual form. However, she can take on a different appearance. Her second form is used when she becomes angry, or protective, or violent. Or, is trying to train Arianna better.

In this form, Washi no Tsume has some similar traits as her normal appearance. Brown hair, yellow eyes, brown clothes. But, the differences are very noticeable. Her heels seem to merge with her feet, becoming actual talons. Her gloves disappear completely, and her fingernails extended and sharpen. Her hair shrinks down to just past shoulder length, and spikes out behind her a little. Her dress shortens to a skirt, which flares out behind her, leaving her legs bare. Wings sprout from her shoulders, larger than Arianna's. Her face seems to become more pointed, and her eyes gain a predatory look to them.

Shikai: Hunt our enemies down! Washi no Tsume!
    Spoiler
    Show
    On release, Washi no Tsume glows with a golden light as Arianna grabs the center of her weapon with both hands. A split appears in the middle as the ends widen greatly. When Arianna pulls the now two pieces away, the glow fades to reveal a pair of hand axes. Each one has a double head with a sharp curve on their top. A feather dangles from the handle of each.

Although there are no chains on them, Arianna can control the axes movements to an extent through her reiatsu. This mostly consists of stopping the axe midair, or sending it flying in a straight line without actually touching it.

When released, Washi no Tsume can affect Arianna's senses and her speed, increasing them both greatly. Arianna can even use her senses through her weapons, allowing her to send an axe to an area she can't see from her position, and see through the weapon. Or hear.

Bankai: (Not reached yet)
    Spoiler
    Show
    To be determined.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Given that she has wings, Arianna possesses the ability to fly. While this may seem useless when in a setting where people can simply stand in the air, it has its uses. For one thing, her flight capabilities have nothing to do with her reiatsu. She does not use any to fly, and if she is somehow cut off from her reiatsu, she still has her wings. She can also use them as extra arms at times. Like hitting people with them.

Arianna is very quick, both in movement and reaction. She may not be able to run long distance at high speeds, but she can sprint like crazy.

Her eyesight and hearing are above average, which helps greatly when on patrol.

She is fairly acrobatic, even with her large wings.

Arianna's abilities with Kido are average for a vice-captain. Her hand to hand combat abilities are above average.

Her shoulder muscle are very powerful, given her wings. The rest of her muscles are above average as well, but her shoulder muscles are the strongest.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Really the only question I have is....why does she have wings? That seems...odd for a Shinigami.