New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Most inherently sexy fantasy race?

I know & it would be worth it no one can argue against that.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

Personally, I'm a LT Shifter fan, and, of course, werewolves.

But I do have a soft spot for the High Elves. I Like the weird, uncanny valley stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    Somebody that pisses off a Warlock is going to go down fast. But with a Warlock, death will be a mercy because the Warlock is a secondary controller, and en route to killing you he'll first cripple you, then blind you, then set you on fire, then steal your girlfriend.
    "There is no overkill, there is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.'" - Howard Tayler

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vknight View Post
    I know & it would be worth it no one can argue against that.
    I think my favourite cat girl I have encountered in Anime so far is Aisha Clanclan of the Ctarl-Ctarl. She would eat my liver in the end, but it still sounds fun while it lasts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens_cry View Post
    And I still want to know, Psyren, why the possibility of them being not sapient makes this all better.
    All depends on whether you're a Kantian or a Utilitarian.

Ok, here's a weird one: those giants from Fiend Folio, where the women go crazy and become humongous and eat all nearby cattle. Somehow from when I first read them I was wondering whether other...appetites...were enhanced.
    Lord Raziere herd I like Blasphemy, so Urpriest Exalted as a Malefactor

Meet My Monstrous Guide to Monsters. Everything you absolutely need to know about Monsters and never thought you needed to ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    One of the unwritten rules of Giantitp is that Urpriest is always right.
    Trophy!
    Spoiler
    Show

original Urpriest (by Andraste)

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

See that is why Yoruichi is superior if you die you can come back as a Shingami or Hollow. That's if you die any person planning this would have a complicated plan luring her out with Kidney & Catnip.
    Also don't forget you gloves made of stone that absorb reiatsu.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Urpriest View Post
    I am sorry, I never took any philosophical courses. All I got is my upbringing and my own thoughts.
    Essentially saying 'oh, maybe they aren't sex slaves, maybe it's something worse or a sapient who had their mind destroyed. also even worse.' does not make it any better from my point of view.
    Last edited by Ravens_cry; 2011-01-17 at 12:18 AM.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Lightbulb Re: Most inherently sexy fantasy race?

I am sorry, I never took any philosophical courses. All I got is my upbringing and my own thoughts.
    Essentially saying 'oh, maybe they aren't sex slaves, maybe it's something worse or a sapient who had their mind destroyed. also even worse.' does not make it any better from my point of view.
    Exactly. This idea is pretty twisted but to each his own I suppose.
    'Carpe Diem'

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Urpriest View Post
    Stop assuming all Deontologists are Kantian. I can believe in an obligation-based system of morality without subscribing to the Catagorical Imperative, much less agreeing with his use of it! Also, way to leave out the Divine Command Theorists...
    Basically, the Utilitarian point of view would be that since the action makes someone happy without any corresponding decrease in happiness from another person it is a moral action. In this case, the nonsentient sex-slave has no emotions and can be neither happy nor sad, while the action makes the person happy. Thus, by that reasoning there's nothing immoral happening, unlike the case where a sentient being is forced into slavery. Whether you agree with that standpoint or not is entirely a matter of personal philosophy. You clearly do not, a position which I mostly agree with.

Getting away from that, I too would have to fall into the Bronze/Silver Dragon camp. Each have their own pros and cons from my point of view, but both have a lot going for them. I lean one way or another depending on how long I consider it, so suffice to say that either one works well for me. Then again, how much of that is fantasies of being able to fly on the back of a Dragon while simultaneously having a fulfilling conversation and how much is actual sex appeal is... Unclear.
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Vknight View Post
    {Scrub the post, scrub the quote}
    IIRC, Changelings are born Androgynous, and chooses to be a certain gender (which they may change at any time).

Also, for me, I like Changelings not to emulate some form I like, but the ability to change themselves as they wishes. Different hairstyles, color, body shape at their whim. Maybe some nudging to some favorite styles.

RE: Non-sapient Shapeshifters would probably be just like one of those creepy sex dolls that some people have. Sapience means self awareness. No self awareness... It should be created that way though, not reducing a sapient to that, which is no different than murder. (I do notice certain fantasies where that happens though. Don't agree too much with it, but eh, imagined characters can't die)
    Last edited by averagejoe; 2011-01-19 at 07:48 PM.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 2xMachina View Post

RE: Non-sapient Shapeshifters would probably be just like one of those creepy sex dolls that some people have. Sapience means self awareness. No self awareness... It should be created that way though, not reducing a sapient to that, which is no different than murder.
    I don't have Planscape, but they were explicitly said by the poster that they are 'trained' for this. Which implies as much capability for learning as any sentient being, and more then some, and were referred as sex slaves, not animated sex dolls. Also, most moral standards, even ones that don't consider animals to be sapient, wouldn't subject animals to this either.

11. - Top - End - #221

Well, though my tastes are many and varied, I'm going to throw my hat in for halflings.

Yes, you read that right.

Though yes, their size is obviously part of what I find attractive, no, it's not that their size is child-like. Just...no. It's that she's a proportionate, mature woman in a petite package.
    Pros:
    -I like to feel big. Take that as you will :D
    -I like to protect people, and petite women bring that out in me.
    -Their heads aren't weirdly disproportionate like gnomes.
    -Cute and mischievous is always a turn on.
    -Yes.

Cons:
    -Certain. Anatomical...size differences. But, nothing that a pair of patient, considerate and enthusiastic lovers can't work around.
    -Easily misplaced in a crowd.
    -My 50-pound dog likes to jump on people.
    Though, to be fair, certain art pieces may have helped with making them attractive to me.
    Spoiler
    Show

*braces for the inevitable storm of disapproval*
    Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    I like my women like I like my coffee; 10 feet tall, incomprehensible to the human psyche, and capable of ending life as a triviality.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

I consider animals (and self aware AI) as sapient, so something non-sapient to me is really an object.

I really have no idea what exactly that shapeshifter is though.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Marillion View Post
    -Certain. Anatomical...size differences. But, nothing that a pair of patient, considerate and enthusiastic lovers can't work around.
    They're not that small.

Oh, no, the thread touching upon morality is far more distracting than merely wanting to boink short women.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2011-01-17 at 02:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

Chill. Yes, certain intimate acts would have . . .difficulties, and woe betide her if the famed human fertility takes hold, but haflings? Yes, halflings are attractive.
    I though the iconic Lidda was very beautiful, the braids, the leather, the rosey little nose. All very nice.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

Well, though my tastes are many and varied, I'm going to throw my hat in for halflings.
    Halflings; pretty hot. I think they're hedged out a bit by the Exalted variant, for me, though:
    Spoiler
    Show

Something about panda print and deadly flaming scythes.

My ultimate vote for ultimate sexiness, however, would go to something inherently non-sexual and decidedly transhuman. Something like a Dr. Manhattan, or some of the more inhuman and stoic depictions of angels. What can I say? I like my women like I like my coffee; 10 feet tall, incomprehensible to the human psyche, and capable of ending life as a triviality. It may sound strange, but we'd be talking about a relationship with absolutely no end to the mystery; no boredom or mundane routine.
    Last edited by Xefas; 2011-01-17 at 02:48 AM.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    They're not that small.
    They are pretty small (maximum height for the ladies is like 3'), but I suppose it's still workable. I guess I kind of like halflings too, but with a maximum weight of like 30 lbs, it just seems a bit hard to imagine, so they're basically in my 'can't decide' stack for the moment.
    Ponified Remilia avatar by Kurien.
    Quote Originally Posted by BayardSPSR View Post
    Do you have 'craft: disturbing mental image' as a class skill?
    Attempt at converting the characters of Touhou to the world of D&D 3.5: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181050

Attempt at converting Berserk characters to 3.5: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186155

Attempt at converting Geralt of Rivia to 3.5:
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208270

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

They're not that small.
    Oh yes, they are.
    I mean seriously, ouch.

18. - Top - End - #228

Chill.
    Oh, no, the thread touching upon morality is far more distracting than merely wanting to boink short women.
    Ha, well, I find that the prevailing attitude is "Kinda creepy, dude." Also,
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet-Devil View Post
    someone might say halflings or some kind of fey because of their potentially childlike physiques (yeah, yeah, everyone has their own sickness; we aren't here to judge people for their flaws).
    on the first page made me kinda wary

I though the iconic Lidda was very beautiful, the braids, the leather, the rosey little nose. All very nice.
    Indeed.

They're not that small.
    According to the SRD, they're usually around 3 feet tall and 30-35 pounds. Yeah, they kinda are

RE: shapeshifters (specifically, the "slaves" that keep being brought up) Obviously, if the shapeshifter is forced into slavery, that's terrible. If their sapience has been removed before being sold, that's even worse. But if they're created via magic for that purpose, never having had sapience, I don't see it as being much different than certain toys on the market right now. Whether or not you find that immoral, I think you have to agree that it's immoral on a completely different level than forced "servitude".

And if they're sapient and willing and eager to change, well that's just fantastic

I like my women like I like my coffee; 10 feet tall, incomprehensible to the human psyche, and capable of ending life as a triviality.
    Baha. I request to sig this.
    Last edited by Marillion; 2011-01-17 at 02:56 AM.

19. - Top - End - #229

Mongrelfolk. T.H. White's Lancelot kinda sexy.
    Former Ghosts?

20. - Top - End - #230
    Troll in the Playground

Baha. I request to sig this.
    Of course, of course.

And, the more I think about this "halflings being 3 feet tall" business, the more problems I see arising, other than just physical ones. Would you live in a hobbit hovel or a human house? 11 meals a day or 2-3? What if you roll over and smother her?

21. - Top - End - #231

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet-Devil View Post
    They are pretty small (maximum height for the ladies is like 3'), but I suppose it's still workable. I guess I kind of like halflings too, but with a maximum weight of like 30 lbs, it just seems a bit hard to imagine, so they're basically in my 'can't decide' stack for the moment.
    Their height isn't what's at issue though. It's their width, and I haven't seen anything to suggest that they're too small in that context. And their weight simply gives some options while the attendant lack of relative mass takes others away.

According to the SRD, they're usually around 3 feet tall and 30-35 pounds. Yeah, they kinda are
    Which is, again, not the size that matters in the direction you were taking it.

Oh yes, they are.
    I mean seriously, ouch.
    Yeah, I'm not seeing it. Certainly some of them could be ouch, but then, there are plenty of human women who would have a similar problem despite being the same size category.

Would you live in a hobbit hovel or a human house?
    Do I have to direct you to the opening lines of the Hobbit?

A hobbit hole means comfort, not a hovel.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2011-01-17 at 03:14 AM.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I'm not seeing it. Certainly some of them could be ouch, but then, there are plenty of human women who would have a similar problem despite being the same size category.
    The halfling is the one who doesn't come up to the human womans crotch and is even less then half the width. If they are *ahem* fully proportional, things just aren't designed to fit. And potential pregnancies are even more frightening.

23. - Top - End - #233

Their height isn't what's at issue though. It's their width, and I haven't seen anything to suggest that they're too small in that context. And their weight simply gives some options while the attendant lack of relative mass takes others away.
    Heehee. Ideas.

True, though I think the problem could only be worse for a halfling. But again, nothing that skilled, considerate, and enthusiastic lovers can't get around.

And, the more I think about this "halflings being 3 feet tall" business, the more problems I see arising, other than just physical ones. Would you live in a hobbit hovel or a human house? 11 meals a day or 2-3? What if you roll over and smother her?
    Human ground level house with doorknobs at both relevant heights, with certain scaled-down areas for her personal use; 2-3 medium meals for me, with small snacks I eat at her mealtimes; She sleeps on top of me.

No, I haven't thought long and hard about this. Not at all.

24. - Top - End - #234

NecromancerGuy

Heehee. Ideas.
    Like I could give you ideas about this.

True, though I think the problem could only be worse for a halfling.
    Indeed, for those who would have such issues. Who are quite unlikely to seek congress with a human anyway.

But again, nothing that skilled, considerate, and enthusiastic lovers can't get around.
    There's just something wrong about this phrase that I can never quite put my finger on.

The halfling is the one who doesn't come up to the human womans crotch and is even less then half the width. If they are *ahem* fully proportional, things just aren't designed to fit.
    They don't really seem proportional like simply being scaled down humans to me, except when the artist is of the "delicious flat chest" mindset. Which is the opposite of the direction that I would want the race taken in, so I reject that reality and substitute my own.

And potential pregnancies are even more frightening.
    Since when has that ever been an issue for D&D species that can crossbreed?
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2011-01-17 at 03:34 AM.
    Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

They don't really seem proportional like simply being scaled down humans to me, except when the artist is of the "delicious flat chest" mindset. Which is the opposite of the direction that I would want the race taken in, so I reject that reality and substitute my own.
    So basically if the halflings are more like hobbits, which none of the 3.5 fluff and rules indicate.
    Since when has that ever been an issue for D&D species that can crossbreed?
    The game doesn't have pregnancy rules period, barring homebrew and third party material, so it's just handwaved, but simply looking at the bodies of the parties involved should tell you something.
    Last edited by Ravens_cry; 2011-01-17 at 03:46 AM.

26. - Top - End - #236

And potential pregnancies are even more frightening.
    Assuming that I get my halfling but no magic to help that along, it's still possible. Adoption, surrogate mothers, etc. Not easy, but doable.

There's just something wrong about this phrase that I can never quite put my finger on.
    put my finger on.
    finger
    Last edited by Marillion; 2011-01-17 at 03:49 AM.

27. - Top - End - #237

NecromancerGuy

So basically if the halflings are more like hobbits, which none of the 3.5 fluff and rules indicate.
    No, just that they have different proportions to humans rather than modeling them perfectly.

The game doesn't have pregnancy rules period, barring homebrew and third party material, so it's just handwaved, but simply looking at the bodies of the parties involved should tell you something.
    To which I say, meh. If a woman can give birth to a minotaur or half-minotaur without being gibbed, then hang it all.

Either the resulting child would be somewhere inbetween the two parents and thus likely survivable or there's no resulting child or the child is simply another halfling.

Or hell, Caesareans, which are all the rage these days anyway. But in the end, I just don't care. Especially after seeing what Marillion did there in his last post.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2011-01-17 at 03:55 AM.
    Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

Assuming that I get my halfling but no magic to help that along, it's still possible. Adoption, surrogate mothers, etc. Not easy, but doable.
    Many pregnancies aren't exactly planned and are merely the result of a certain form of physical intimacy.
    And well, other size differances need to be also taken into consideration.

No, just that they have different proportions to humans rather than modeling them perfectly.
    I don't see them, being less then half the size of a human in height, and young child in weight, being able to carry even a three-quarterling to term.
    30 pounds. Don't forget that number.

To which I say, meh. If a woman can give birth to a minotaur or half-minotaur without being gibbed, then hang it all.
    There is nothing in the rules that says they aren't, just that the child survives by virtue of the race existing.
    Last edited by Ravens_cry; 2011-01-17 at 04:18 AM.

29. - Top - End - #239

Quote Originally Posted by 2xMachina View Post
    IIRC, Changelings are born Androgynous, and chooses to be a certain gender (which they may change at any time).
    Doppelgangers don't have a gender in their natural forms, changelings (half-doppelgangers) do.

Spoiler
    Show

Nah, Lidda is hot, and being tiny doesn't mean she's not an adult. That last picture was a nice way for Dragon Magazine to go out with a bang.
    Last edited by Grumman; 2011-01-17 at 03:57 AM.

30. - Top - End - #240

NecromancerGuy

And well, other size differances need to be also taken into consideration.
    What other ones? We just went over uterine/body cavity-fetus size discrepancies as well as birth canal related ones.
    Homebrew