New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OoC XXXI

Hey Happy, when time permits or whatever, would you mind removing Phoenix from the GLoG membership list? Including the Leadership Council that he's also on? I just find him utterly dull now and it's unlikely I'm ever going to play him again. I'll still try and see if I can undeadtime Jazirian again some time, so he can stay on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

2. - Top - End - #992
    Dwarf in the Playground

I don't think Keo even has a mystical "soul," so it could not be taken from her.

However, I'm not going to say yes or no one way or another to it. I am going to say that Keo shouldn't be directly involved, but if something happens to drag Keo in (e.x. someone asks her for help, or she is mentioned to your characters, or any number of things) I will play along with the plot.

3. - Top - End - #993
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Rats are the most-cute animals. Only dogs are even close.

I would disagree, Slow loris's are the cutest by far.

Video
    Last edited by McBish; 2012-05-24 at 11:37 AM.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

4. - Top - End - #994
    Ogre in the Playground

I dunno if I'm exactly comfortable with the soul grabbing plot. It's a definite no for it involving Flamecrest at all, though I wouldn't have expected that to come up. As for Salix, I'm unsure. I'm not even certain it'd work on her, what with her soul being contained within her tree.

5. - Top - End - #995
    Barbarian in the Playground

Well, the idea for the hybrid (like many of my conceptual characters) began with a bit of D&D tinkering. Shayan is basically fused to a Yellow Musk Creeper that she is in control of, and gains the physical benefits of. So she has startlingly fast regeneration and can more or less hypnotize people with puffs of specialized pollen, as well as injecting them with seeds that turn them into yellow-skinned zombies under her control. She has six vines growing from her spine that act as additional limbs, and roots that extend through her circulatory, respiratory, and digestive systems to make them more efficient.

She's been looking for a way to make the seeds act in what she assumes is the proper manner by making more functional symbiotes, but has been entirely unsuccessful so far.

Orrey would be a decent candidate, as Shayan would gravitate to offering the procedure to those with less seniority than her, so she doesn't accidentally zombify anyone important. Of course, whether or not someone is turned into a zombie is up to the person controlling the PC.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

6. - Top - End - #996
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    Hey Happy, when time permits or whatever, would you mind removing Phoenix from the GLoG membership list? Including the Leadership Council that he's also on? I just find him utterly dull now and it's unlikely I'm ever going to play him again. I'll still try and see if I can undeadtime Jazirian again some time, so he can stay on.
    Done. Maybe I'll bring back Dag, and he can be part of the soul plot.

In other news, I've had to buddy tape my right index finger to the middle one to let it recover from click finger strain, whiich slows down my typing. So posting will be slow. Poke me if I forget anywhere.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

7. - Top - End - #997
    Halfling in the Playground

That sounds uncomfortable, Happy. Hope your finger feels better.

Orrey, given his advanced regenerative abilities, will likely avoid becoming a brain-dead zombie. His drug cocktails might conflict with these symbiote abilities though.

I suppose Shayan can proposition Orrey for the experiment later, after an interview? Or perhaps be referred to her by Ilpholin? I'm sure AMEN's glorious leader condones consenting experiments on the members, provided they can just clone themselves should something happen.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

8. - Top - End - #998

Muuurkuuus

What does soul fire do?
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmćre Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

9. - Top - End - #999
    Titan in the Playground

Heads up, the next three days will be spotty for me. Awards ceremony and graduation prep tomorrow, then Saturday is graduation and the resulting party, and I have personal things going on Sunday.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

10. - Top - End - #1000

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    Muuurkuuus

What does soul fire do?
    My apologies, I should've clarified.

My soulfire is just weaponized primal power, the vague natural energy of creation from the very dawn of the multiverse. Normally, beings from the unnatural Far realms would be heavily damaged by such an attack, but to such a massive being as Zee, it's probably nothing more than a scratch.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-05-24 at 01:58 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hey Rebonack, does Zee have blood being a creature of the Far Realms. It's definitely not important or anything, I was clearly just curious.
    Kaalia Verk avatar by Rauthiss.

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Nexus] OoC XXXI

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    The children can probably dine with the Applehills offscreen (or on) then, but that's all.

On that note, if someone else is interested in PLAWT (or wants to leave their children out) just say so. It's easier for me, I won't have to spend time bothering every available person under the age of 12.
    Ooh, I might be interested! Except that I do not have any child characters. D:

Do have characters who could end up physically below that age, but I presume that would be cheating? X3

On another note:

*Pokéballs C'nor to Inside.*

I think it is your turn to post, but I might have missed or forgotten something. In that case, feel free to Pokéball me back. ^_^'
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

13. - Top - End - #1003

You know you've got poor memory when you've started replies to the same darn post in four different windows. >.<
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Orc in the Playground

Hey Murkus, I'm going to put Natalie forward for the plot. She looks (in her human shape, anyway) like Nephrim did when she stole GLoG's children to sell as slaves that time.

Also, Myrim approached the group of children in GLoG and hasn't got a reply, but she's the equivalent of 15 and therefore is probably not in the right age bracket for the plot.

Happy: That's a gorgeous image of a Jewel Beetle. A pity they got their name from fancy Victorian ladies and their fashionable necklaces, otherwise there'd be more of them.

Also, DC: Would DC stop Harnel from entering the Altar Room?
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Dwarf in the Playground

heya everyone!

sorry for being gone again for so long, it's been a busy time with me finishing the Abitur here, and getting ready for university. if there is anything I have missed, or I need to know (especially about WARDEN) please tell me! thanks everyone!

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Orc in the Playground

No. It's safe to assume DC follows him there, but I don't really have much else to post otherwise.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

17. - Top - End - #1007

The way I play the creatures of the Far they fall into two major categories. The Primordials and their offspring (such as Zee) and the Formless. The first group of creatures are hyper-defined. More real than the things that exist on the material plane.

The second group of creatures are totally undefined. If you can even call them a group. Or creatures.

Both aim to control the nature of the Far Realms. And both aim to make the Far more hospitable to their own kind and more hostile to the other. One seeking to make the Far into a place of extremes of color and nature and existence whilst the other seeking to plunge it back into utter formlessness.

Things like material universes are defined in such a way that while yes they're hostile to the Primordials and their kin, they are absurdly hostile to the Formless. So much so that they have to cease to be Formless to try to interact with such a realm. A material universe forces the Formless to function and fight on the Primordial's terms.

To that end the Primordials and their spawn have actually had a hand in creating many physical realities if not getting involved in those that are the work of others. They encircle their own domains in the Far with material universes like an ever-expanding fence to hedge the Formless out and increase their own sphere of influence.

So what does all this mean?

The 'raw energy of creation' wouldn't necessarily be any more deadly to a critter like Zee than any other power source. She isn't unnatural, but rather hyper-natural. Though to one of the Formless it would be complete anathema to their very non-nature. To be created and defined is to slay what they were.

ALSO!

Zee does in fact have blood. Or something functionally similar to blood.

EDIT! On the matter of Soul Fire it could potentially harm a Primordial quite a bit if it focused on cementing and enhancing the laws of the universe. Such laws tend to be hostile to anything of the Far. If it's just creative power then not so much. What would that be, a quark/gluon/photon soup? Or something more supernatural?
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-05-24 at 05:11 PM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmćre Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Troll in the Playground

Psst, Murkus, Jamie already introduced herself and Brinika.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

19. - Top - End - #1009

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Hey Murkus, I'm going to put Natalie forward for the plot. She looks (in her human shape, anyway) like Nephrim did when she stole GLoG's children to sell as slaves that time.

Also, Myrim approached the group of children in GLoG and hasn't got a reply, but she's the equivalent of 15 and therefore is probably not in the right age bracket for the plot.

Happy: That's a gorgeous image of a Jewel Beetle. A pity they got their name from fancy Victorian ladies and their fashionable necklaces, otherwise there'd be more of them.

Also, DC: Would DC stop Harnel from entering the Altar Room?
    Excellent! Natalie shall have to meet one of the refugees, then. Tonight, perhaps?

EDIT: Also, Earl, I posted for Elezibethele.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Psst, Murkus, Jamie already introduced herself and Brinika.
    Oh. I must have missed your post somehow. I shall check, and then edit.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-05-24 at 05:58 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Troll in the Playground

As for the plot...any attempt to seize Jamie/Mikani's soul might produce...interesting results.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

21. - Top - End - #1011

Hey, Zefir, could you please post for the Fields fight?
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

22. - Top - End - #1012

Jamie might be a bit old for such things anyway. Jack's minions are going after young, foolish children who won't know what they're giving away.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Orc in the Playground

Unfortunately, I've been told to Deadtime now.

Anyway, I won't post for Elezibethele because if I post individually for every scene I'm involved in there, some of the scenes would get buried.

But Natalie is certainly the sort of person who accepts something without thinking- she did gain the ability to turn into a bird, an otter, and a chameleon from some weird fey dude in a magical forest who gave her an apple.

Gah! Nearly forgot: Goodnight, sleep tight and don't let the Sigbin bite.
    Last edited by Earl of Purple; 2012-05-24 at 06:09 PM.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

24. - Top - End - #1014

Til next time, then, Earl.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by iElf View Post
    heya everyone!

sorry for being gone again for so long, it's been a busy time with me finishing the Abitur here, and getting ready for university. if there is anything I have missed, or I need to know (especially about WARDEN) please tell me! thanks everyone!
    Hey iElf!

If you have time, a post in the Riverside Temple for Mel'ara would be nice.

26. - Top - End - #1016

Quote Originally Posted by iElf View Post
    heya everyone!

WARDEN hasn't moved without you. Mostly because those who aren't in the conversation with you, are totally eavesdropping on the convo.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Dwarf in the Playground

Do characters that interact always end up in an adventure or encounter. I guess they don't just go out for lunch since that would be boring.
    My Nexus characters that I consider important.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SerphIvanXin123 View Post
    Do characters that interact always end up in an adventure or encounter. I guess they don't just go out for lunch since that would be boring.
    Hehe, no. I personally RP 'boring' stuff all the time, and it's fun. I've Rped probably over ten shopping trips for one. I rarely do adventurous, fighty things.

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Troll in the Playground

So everything's okay now...
    Spoiler
    Show

... but turtledog got out this morning via a broken gate and was missing for a half hour before she was found and brought home. Well, longer than a half hour, as I opened the door for her at 6am without seeing that the outside gate wasn't latched properly. Then I went back to sleep, and it wasn't till 10am that I woke and discovered her missing. So I don't know what time she got out, but it was a half hour of me feeling completely numb as I made phone calls, and a friend was out looking for her.

Of course after turtledog got back safe, the adrenaline hit, and I started to feel shakey and a little sick and the panic really hit. She had gone to the park, and crossed several busy roads to get there.

She's now been sentenced to wearing her collar 24/7 (though she is microchipped at least) and I've phoned the landlord about fixing the gate. So all's well that ends well, but I think I'm going to go and collapse in a heap now and hope this doesn't trigger an M.E. flare.

Relevant
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-05-25 at 06:29 AM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Titan in the Playground

*reads NO*
    Oh boy. I should really update the contract list more often. Long story short, the mission to blow up the factory has begun a while ago, but got stuck in deadtime when one of the players involved stopped posting.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.