New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 16313233343536373839404142 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1235
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: Careless Citadel WW

Bahahahahahahahaha! Bow down before me, mortals!

...*cough*

1. How did you like the game overall? Did you like the format? Did you like the roles you had?

The contractor was the best. And once I had the Rival Lord spot too, it allowed for some of my finest moments. Of course, I have to thank my targets for being very... vocal.

I could take or leave the paranoia inducer, but I didn't live very long with it. *Glare*

The town crier was nice in that I could cry myself and bluff my way through the penultimate day.

2. How did you like the narrations? Is there something I can improve on or that I did well?

I enjoyed the narrations, yes. However... it's one thing to hide things within the narrations, but to hide things with white text is going a little too far, since there are people who don't pay mind to what's visible.
    Also, consider using different fonts. The same colors being multiple people in the game is hard to follow.

3. How did you like the events? Were they interesting? Overpowering? Underpowering? Unused?

I don't think I ever paid mind to the events. I mean, I failed to notice the postman leaving, so...

4. Was the game balanced? Pros? Cons?

Eh, recruitment, but we've discussed that.

5. Would you play this again if I ran another? Are there any roles you'd like to see again?

Hells yeah! Bring the contractor back. Drop the friend, drop some of the others. Paranoia inducer can go.

6. Anything else to add?

Actually, the fact that there were very clearly two wolf teams and people didn't figure that out annoyed me to no end. You explained multiple times, and it still didn't stick. Then again, I've run a game with two wolf teams, and as Jerry said, the "good" and "evil" didn't help.

The other issue I had was not realizing that I still counted as a Usurper while I was hired; but part of that was people I'd hired immediately stabbing me in the back. *Glare*

7. For my curiosity, any guesses on the truth of the narrations? Who poisoned or ordered the poisoning of the Lord of Allethorre in the first narration? Who is the Disguised Lord, actually?

Eh... The woman seems to be their bastard sister?

The Contractor.

Town Crier.

Not worth showing the other.
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2013-11-30 at 08:10 PM.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Count Dingdong View Post
    and to Lex-Kat for 4 wins despite joining so late in the game!
    So late in the game? She stayed alive from September until two nights from the end.

(Didn't really want to double, but I felt this deserved a separate place from the rest)
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2013-11-30 at 08:19 PM.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Troll in the Playground

Hey! Be nice, I helped you stay alive. And never once did I not protect you, as promised.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Ettin in the Playground

The game was fun - I'd definitely play again.

Quote Originally Posted by Chessgeek View Post
    Although, I am curious: did either of you end up with the vote of confidence? That's the only thing I can't figure out.
    I had it. And then someone killed me.
    A few odds and ends.

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    2. How did you like the narrations? Is there something I can improve on or that I did well?

I enjoyed the narrations, yes. However... it's one thing to hide things within the narrations, but to hide things with white text is going a little too far, since there are people who don't pay mind to what's visible.
    Also, consider using different fonts. The same colors being multiple people in the game is hard to follow.
    Ah, that's a good idea. I should definitely use different fonts, since I was running out of colors at some point. If I have the time to plan it all out, I'll do something similar like last game with "names" for each role and give them each a color/font combo for next game.

5. Would you play this again if I ran another? Are there any roles you'd like to see again?

Hells yeah! Bring the contractor back. Drop the friend, drop some of the others. Paranoia inducer can go.
    Yeah, Paranoia Inducer's probably not coming back. Friend/Private Eye aren't coming back unless they're fixed. So probably not.

7. For my curiosity, any guesses on the truth of the narrations? Who poisoned or ordered the poisoning of the Lord of Allethorre in the first narration? Who is the Disguised Lord, actually?

Eh... The woman seems to be their bastard sister?
    Heh. Good to see I made it guessable. She's the older sister, but a bastard, so the brothers don't know about her. The Lord had called her that night to apologize and potentially bring up her claim to the throne, making her next in line. Of course, he died before he could make that public knowledge...

-------------------------

So late in the game? She stayed alive from September until two nights from the end.

(Didn't really want to double, but I felt this deserved a separate place from the rest)
    ...huh. Whoops. For some reason I felt she had joined later? Well, I think she's the player who survived the longest (19.5 days), which is a feat in and of itself. That's what I was thinking of. And with all that happened before Day 7, it feels like Day 7 was already late in the game. ^^"

Though, she did join a month late in a 4-month long game. And caught up to the top runners on survival alone.

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Orc in the Playground

Ah this game. Was fun the whole ride, although I wore myself out a bit at the end. I figured you guys would be a lot more cutthroat about getting every win possible. I personally feel like Penguinator earned the win here, as he somehow salvaged his team. And every win of mine except for one was just off of surviving for a bit.

Only complaint about what happened in game is that the neutral majority was just... very frustrating. I tried one role claim early and deservedly got lynched but after that it just seemed to be a mess. And for whatever reason Supporters either didn't catch on or stubbornly tried to oppose it, to little avail. That, and the fact that twice I was lynched by a last minute vote.

Individual roles: The Young Knight I like, Hitman is a bit annoying, especially early in the game, but I don't have a good idea to change it. Oracle would maybe be better with 1 less day of wait IMO, given that most people were only alive for five days at a time. Brawn probably could use a nerf, that would be a monster if a network ever got set up: Kill all your enemies, and anyone that survives gets added to the network. Made less bad in that it was neutral and would have to be recruited, and the Postman dropped off at the end, but at least it's worth taking a look at.

On that note, dropping the Postman when you did was perfect. Frustrating as all hell, but well timed, and the game needs that bit of uncertainty. Narrations were fun, although I agree that perhaps different fonts would have been useful. Events were interesting, although I missed the carnival and the chess shop. And I never really got to use an item besides the axe. Oh well.

And after reading Penguinator's QTs, two more things:
    1. Penguinator is made of awesome.
    2. I'm curious what Count had in mind when he mentions an optimal recruiter.

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Halfling in the Playground

1. How did you like the game overall? Did you like the format? Did you like the roles you had?

It was great. I liked all 4 roles I had, though it was a pity I never got to use the Boy Who Cried Wolf's uber ability. This was probably my favorite game of WW so far in the Playground.

I liked them fine.

3. How did you like the events? Were they interesting? Overpowering? Underpowering? Unused?

The events were enjoyable, though I would have liked to see just a few more merchants.

Not really sure on this, but it seemed relatively so.

Yes, definitely. None of my roles were that interesting, but they Boy Who Cried Wolf did have great potential that I never got to put to use

6. Anything else to add?

A question: was I the only person to be both Lord and Rival Lord at two separate points in the game? Also, now that I'm thinking about it, another: why did that day-baning item I had back when I was the Rival Lord/Executioner/Innkeeper not work?
    Thanks to Dirtytabs for the Avatar!

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

--snip--
    I'll just address these all at once. Neutral majority was basically how the game was supposed to go. When I said village = neutral, it's because they're the people you want to fake-claim as (generally), and they have the largest team. That said, the "neutral" majority is supposed to be made up of people from all teams trying to figure out who's telling the truth and who's lying.

Heh. You know Young Knight and Oracle had the exact same wait, right? Hitman can definitely be an annoying role, which is why I added targets as days went on. Still, I often give killers the harder win conditions. Commoners get easier ones (survival). The roles are made so players can generally get their wins in 3-5 days of having their roles. Some can get it in as few as 1 (baners), but it's difficult. "The Brawn" was definitely more powerful (no 50% chance), and I should have made it a more difficult win condition. Still, it can't kill half of the initial players, and it could be recruited by the people he can kill. It ends up being closer to a Careless Killer than a Careful one, since it could easily kill, say, Usurpers before being recruited Usurper. You targeted 4 Usurpers and ended up being recruited Usurper.

Postman drop was planned from his arrival, along with the half-price and free days immediately before. It was actually planned for 5 days earlier until I realized that the Hot Potato had a chance to still be in play, which would have been rather unfair to whoever had it then.

Optimal Recruiter:
    Target a player you think may be neutral with 250 gold. If it recruits the player, keep adding gold to 1000 (or less if you think they'll be safe). If they're recruitable but you failed, it's a tossup, but odds are you shouldn't get into the battle (or only spend a bit over 500 to check for someone giving 500 only and moving on/dying). Keep going, and you get an idea of who's on your side, who's on the other side, and who is unrecruitable and so could be on either. Sure, it's one recruitment every 4 nights, but you can even knock it down to, say, 100 gold for testing the waters and keep the excess for quick recruitment. Assuming you survive for a bit, you'll likely get 1 or 2 recruits, and that should help get a network started at least. If they get the recruiter role after you, even better!

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HedgehogRanger View Post

The events were enjoyable, though I would have liked to see just a few more merchants.
    Events happened once every 1+1d3 days, with some variation. Some were Market Days, but I wanted variety to keep people guessing. Still, I only planned for 5 Market Days (each shop 3 times) and then a Bargain Day with all shops. After that, Peddler would take over, and items would be more sparse. It was kinda like the Postman, where he's very available at the beginning, eventually gives a Bargain, and then disappears...

6. Anything else to add?

A question: was I the only person to be both Lord and Rival Lord at two separate points in the game? Also, now that I'm thinking about it, another: why did that day-baning item I had back when I was the Rival Lord/Executioner/Innkeeper not work?
    You were the only person to be both Lord and Rival Lord. Penguinator was the only person to be Rival Lord twice. As for your day-baning item, items had a percent chance to work. The percents ranged from 5%-100% and depended on how much money was given. For each shop and amount of money, there were a total of 4 possible items, most of which were just improvements on the percentage, though the ability changed at some point.

...speaking of items, I suppose I should post the item mechanics! I'll get to that now...

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Barbarian in the Playground

As a person who was watching on the sidelines after all ability to join stopped, I'd definitely be interested in actually playing.
    Last edited by TFT; 2013-11-30 at 11:49 PM.
    Thanks goes to Vampire Pumpkin for my awesome avatar!

Formerly known as The Fiery Tower Formerly known as Catseye2121.

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Bugbear in the Playground

You know I like Careless. And Romantic was fairly average. I liked having a shared qt with someone.

I liked the seer/recruiter combo. If I'd been a little more active with that then things would've gotten on the road.

I liked the Doppleganger. : <

Re: Fonts/blah.

Not balanced, but they were fun. And definitely tipped the game at different points.

I wouldn't say it was perfectly balanced just on the fact of the way it works, with people coming in all the time. Still, you didn't do too badly, considering it came down to three people.

Also, recruiting was a little here and there this game. While it's a concept I've played with myself a few times, I feel like the numbers could definitely do with some tuning here. One way would be reduced income, but what I'd prefer is removing the money basis of it, since that's a bit fiddly. Something like a triple-offer system where you have to spend three nights recruiting someone, or leaving them in limbo with an offer or two. The side of the players wouldn't change with the first or second offer, they would only know they received x offers.

Of course, and I wasn't paying too much attention. I like the public outer though.

6. Anything else to add?

I feel like mercenaries who didn't get fully recruited didn't understand the whole system. A few times I saw recruited mercenaries act out.

Also, @ Lex, my message was in the qt? I took a few days sending it. Me being stupid and lazy.

I was originally going to say the sister, but that doesn't fit, and neither does the brothers. (Sister only doesn't fit because she'd already talked to lord and him dying didn't help her at all.) I'd have to reread to work it out and too lazy/busy over here.

So here. I'll just say I reckon the cook was the killer. Because the butler does it so much the cook has to have a turn.

For those it may concern, my extremely lazy qts:Infiltrator
    United Lovers
    And ...
    Romantic
    Pengi. Don't kill me.

Doppleganger QT withheld for personal reasons.

Edit: Also, the cat was worth it.
    Last edited by bladescape; 2013-12-01 at 12:03 AM.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

For those who are interested...

Item Mechanics!
    Spoiler
    Show
    There were 5 types of shops: Seer, Baner, Killer, Voider, Miscellaneous. Each shop had 4 Tiers: Tiers 0, 1, 2, and 3. If you paid less than 10 gold, you were in Tier 0. If you paid 10-49 gold, you were in Tier 1. If you paid 50-89 gold, you were in Tier 2. If you paid 90+ gold, you were in Tier 3. Higher tiers had better items and better chances of getting items.

Whenever someone paid money, I would first randomize to see if they got an item. Tiers 0 and 1 have 50% fail chance. Tier 2 has 25% fail chance. Tier 3 has 10% fail chance. If they got an item, I would subtract the minimum amount of money for that Tier and add 1d20 to it (so 50 is Tier 2, 0+1d20; 60 is Tier 2, 10+1d20). That would give me a number which I'd compare to a chart. Generally, there was a different type of item every +5. I figured out fluff and names based on the shop name.

Here are the behind-the-scenes for item shops:
    Seer Shop:
    Spoiler
    Show
    ((When players get an item, they'll only be told that they can scry a player, and they will get whatever result is returned. A Wrong Scry will give the same type of scry as the accurate scry (Power/Alignment/Full), but it will be wrong.))

Tier 0 - <10 - 50% no item
    1. 5% chance of Wrong Scry, 95% chance of No Result
    Tier 1 - 10-49 - 50% no item
    1. 5% chance of Wrong Scry, 5% chance of Power Scry, 90% chance of No Result
    6. 5% chance of Wrong Scry, 15% chance of Power Scry, 80% chance of No Result
    11. 10% chance of Wrong Scry, 30% chance of Power Scry, 60% chance of No Result
    16. 10% chance of Wrong Scry, 40% chance of Power Scry, 50% chance of No Result
    21. 5% chance of Wrong Scry, 55% chance of Power Scry, 40% chance of No Result
    26. 5% chance of Wrong Scry, 65% chance of Power Scry, 30% chance of No Result
    31. 75% chance of Power Scry, 25% chance of No Result
    36. 90% chance of Power Scry, 10% chance of No Result
    41. 5% chance of Wrong Scry, 65% chance of Power Scry, 20% chance of Alignment Scry, 10% chance of No Result
    46. 5% chance of Wrong Scry, 55% chance of Power Scry, 30% chance of Alignment Scry, 10% chance of No Result
    51. 40% chance of Power Scry, 50% chance of Alignment Scry, 10% chance of No Result
    56. 25% chance of Power Scry, 75% chance of Alignment Scry
    Tier 2 - 50-89 - 25% no item
    1. 10% chance of Wrong Scry, 75% chance of Alignment Scry, 15% chance of No Result
    6. 10% chance of Wrong Scry, 90% chance of Alignment Scry
    11. 5% chance of Wrong Scry, 70% chance of Alignment Scry, 15% chance of Wrong Public Scry, 10% chance of No Result
    16. 5% chance of Wrong Scry, 50% chance of Alignment Scry, 30% chance of Wrong Public Scry, 15% chance of No Result
    21. 10% chance of Wrong Scry, 30% chance of Alignment Scry, 20% chance of Wrong Public Scry, 20% chance of Accurate Public Scry, 20% chance of No Result
    26. 10% chance of Wrong Scry, 30% chance of Alignment Scry, 10% chance of Wrong Public Scry, 30% chance of Accurate Public Scry, 20% chance of No Result
    31. 30% chance of Wrong Public Scry, 50% chance of Accurate Public Scry, 20% chance of No Result
    36. 10% chance of Wrong Public Scry, 50% chance of Accurate Public Scry, 10% chance of Wrong Scry, 20% chance of Full Scry, 10% chance of No Result
    41. 50% chance of Accurate Public Scry, 10% chance of Wrong Scry, 25% chance of Full Scry, 15% chance of No Result
    46. 50% chance of Accurate Public Scry, 5% chance of Wrong Scry, 40% chance of Full Scry, 5% chance of No Result
    51. 45% chance of Accurate Public Scry, 45% chance of Full Scry, 10% chance of No Result
    56. 50% chance of Accurate Public Scry, 50% chance of Full Scry
    Tier 3 - 90+ - 10% no item
    1. 10% chance of Wrong Scry, 80% chance of Full Scry, 10% chance of No Result
    6. 10% chance of Wrong Scry, 60% chance of Full Scry, 10% chance of Target Scry, 20% chance of No Result
    11. 50% chance of Full Scry, 30% chance of Target Scry, 20% chance of No Result
    16.45% chance of Full Scry, 45% chance of Target Scry, 10% chance of No Result
    21. Player's choice of Target Scry, Full Scry, Public Scry; 10% chance of Wrong Scry, 10% chance of No Result
    26. Player's choice of Target Scry, Full Scry, Public Scry

((Power Scry = gives power (Seer/Baner/Night-Killer/etc) of target
    Alignment Scry = gives alignment (Supporter/Usurper/Mercenary) of target
    Full Scry = gives role name, as well as power and alignment of target
    Public Scry = same as a full scry, minus the role name, given publicly
    Target Scry = gives list of all players, powers, and alignments that targeted the target that night, but they aren't connected))

Baner Shop:
    Spoiler
    Show
    ((Items with an "&" have two powers, with one use per power))

1. 5% chance of Careless Bane, 95% chance of failure
    1. 10% chance of Careless Bane, 90% chance of failure
    6. 20% chance of Careless Bane, 80% chance of failure
    11. 30% chance of Careless Bane, 70% chance of failure
    16. 40% chance of Careless Bane, 60% chance of failure
    21. 50% chance of Careless Bane, 50% chance of failure
    26. 10% chance of Self Bane, 90% chance of failure
    31. 20% chance of Self Bane, 80% chance of failure
    36. 30% chance of Self Bane, 70% chance of failure
    41. 40% chance of Self Bane, 60% chance of failure
    46. 50% chance of Self Bane, 50% chance of failure
    51. 25% chance of Careful Bane, 75% chance of failure
    56. 50% chance of Careful Bane, 50% chance of failure
    1. 50% chance of Careful Bane, 50% chance of failure
    6. 75% chance of Careful Bane, 25% chance of failure
    11. 20% chance of Day Bane, 80% chance of failure & 10% chance of Careful Bane, 90% chance of failure
    16. 40% chance of Day Bane, 60% chance of failure & 20% chance of Careful Bane, 80% chance of failure
    21. 60% chance of Day Bane, 40% chance of failure & 30% chance of Careful Bane, 70% chance of failure
    26. 80% chance of Day Bane, 20% chance of failure & 40% chance of Careful Bane, 60% chance of failure
    31. 100% chance of Day Bane & 50% chance of Careful Bane, 50% chance of failure
    41. 25% chance of Recruit Block, 75% chance of failure & 50% chance of Careful Bane, 50% chance of failure
    46. 50% chance of Recruit Block, 50% chance of failure & 50% chance of Careful Bane, 50% chance of failure
    51. 75% chance of Recruit Block, 25% chance of failure & 75% chance of Careful Bane, 25% chance of failure
    56. 100% chance of Recruit Block & 100% chance of Careful Bane
    1. 75% chance of Recruit Block, 25% chance of failure & 75% chance of Careful Bane, 25% chance of failure
    6.100% chance of Recruit Block & 100% chance of Careful Bane
    16. 25% chance of Uberbane, 75% chance of failure
    21. 50% chance of Uberbane, 50% chance of failure
    26. 100% chance of Uberbane

((Careless Bane = can target anyone but the user
    Self Bane = must target the user
    Careful Bane = can target anyone, including the user
    Day Bane = can target anyone, including the user
    Recruit Block = stops target from being recruited or recruiting; can target anyone, including the user
    Uberbane = stops anyone from being killed that night; targets everyone, including the user))

((I realize now that Recruitment wasn't as powerful as I had intended, so Recruit Block would have been much less helpful than Day Bane or Careful Bane. I probably should have switched it to below those.))

Killer Shop:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. 5% chance of Careless Kill, 95% chance of failure
    1. 10% chance of Careless Kill, 90% chance of failure
    6. 15% chance of Careless Kill, 85% chance of failure
    11. 20% chance of Careless Kill, 80% chance of failure
    16. 25% chance of Careless Kill, 75% chance of failure
    21. 30% chance of Careless Kill, 70% chance of failure
    26. 35% chance of Careless Kill, 65% chance of failure
    31. 40% chance of Careless Kill, 60% chance of failure
    36. 45% chance of Careless Kill, 55% chance of failure
    41. 50% chance of Careless Kill, 50% chance of failure
    51. 10% chance of Careful Kill, 90% chance of failure
    56. 25% chance of Careful Kill, 75% chance of failure
    1. 10% chance of Careful Kill, 90% chance of failure
    6. 20% chance of Careful Kill, 80% chance of failure
    11. 30% chance of Careful Kill, 70% chance of failure
    16. 40% chance of Careful Kill, 60% chance of failure
    21. 50% chance of Careful Kill, 50% chance of failure
    31. 60% chance of Careful Kill, 40% chance of failure
    36. 70% chance of Careful Kill, 30% chance of failure
    41. 80% chance of Careful Kill, 20% chance of failure
    46. 90% chance of Careful Kill, 10% chance of failure
    51. 100% chance of Careful Kill
    56. 25% chance of Power Kill, 75% chance of failure
    1. 25% chance of Power Kill, 75% chance of failure
    6. 50% chance of Power Kill, 50% chance of failure
    11. 75% chance of Power Kill, 25% chance of failure
    16. 100% chance of Power Kill
    21. 50% chance of Beast upon death, 50% chance of failure
    26. 100% chance of Beast upon death

((Careless Kill = allows for friendly fire...
    Careful Kill = doesn't allow for friendly fire!
    Power Kill = doesn't allow for friendly fire, and pierces one bane!
    Beast = used upon death, kills person not on your team who killed you, if applicable))

Voider Shop:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. 5% chance of Target Void, 25% chance of Self-Void, 70% chance of failure
    1. 5% chance of Target Void, 20% chance of Self-Void, 75% chance of failure
    6. 10% chance of Target Void, 20% chance of Self-Void, 70% chance of failure
    11. 15% chance of Target Void, 15% chance of Self-Void, 70% chance of failure
    16. 20% chance of Target Void, 15% chance of Self-Void, 65% chance of failure
    21. 25% chance of Target Void, 10% chance of Self-Void, 65% chance of failure
    26. 30% chance of Target Void, 10% chance of Self-Void, 60% chance of failure
    31. 40% chance of Target Void, 5% chance of Self-Void, 55% chance of failure
    36. 50% chance of Target Void, 50% chance of failure
    41. 75% chance of Target Void, 25% chance of failure
    46. 100% chance of Target Void
    56. 20% chance of Result Steal, 80% chance of Target Void
    1. 20% chance of Result Steal, 80% chance of Target Void
    6. 30% chance of Result Steal, 70% chance of Target Void
    11. 40% chance of Result Steal, 60% chance of Target Void
    16. 50% chance of Result Steal, 50% chance of Target Void
    26. 75% chance of Result Steal, 25% chance of Target Void
    31. 100% chance of Result Steal
    41. 20% chance of Power Thief, 80% chance of Target Void
    46. 40% chance of Power Thief, 60% chance of Target Void
    51. 60% chance of Power Thief, 40% chance of Target Void
    56. 80% chance of Power Thief, 20% chance of Target Void
    1. 80% chance of Power Thief, 20% chance of Target Void
    6. 100% chance of Power Thief
    16. Power Void at 50% effectiveness
    21. Power Void at 75% effectiveness
    26. Power Void at 100% effectiveness
    31. 90% Item Break
    36. 100% Item Break
    41. Choice of 100% Power Void or Item Break

((Target Void = targeted player cannot use items* or powers during that day/night period
    Result Steal = if the target gets a result (e.g. a Seer...), that result is given to the item user; the target is voided, regardless
    Power Thief = the item user steals the target's power to use as he pleases while the target is voided
    Power Void = players with the type of power chosen cannot use their power during that day/night period
    Item Break = all items used in this day/night period break and don't work! This includes void items!
    *Voider items are not affected by other void items**, so there can be a chain of voiding, with none able to use any powers or non-void items!
    **Voider items are still affected by Item Break or void powers...))

Miscellaneous Shop:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Randomized Powers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. Informant - Seer (Fool) with a Full Scry
    2. Eavesdropper - Seer with a Full Scry
    3. Friend - other players see you as their team!
    4. Bodyguard - Careful Bane against non-Teammate Killers
    5. Politician - Careful Day-Bane, doesn't work on Enemies
    6. Treasurer - Recruitment Block against non-Teammate Recruiters
    7. Hired Hand - Careful Kill, 50% chance
    8. Assassin - Careless Kill
    9. Hitman - Limited Kill (only able to hit people on Hitman/Contractor (based on alignment!) list; 50% success if no Hitman/Contractor list made yet)
    10. Fortune Teller - 50% Full Scry, 50% No Result
    11. Squire - 50% Careful Bane
    12. Gossip - Double Vote for the next day phase!
    13. City Guard - Target Void
    14. Fanatic - Beast! ...but only if killed in the next day/night cycle
    15. Jester - Wildcard! ...roll again
    16. Spy - Seer (Fool) with Full Scry
    17. Infiltrator - Seer with Full Scry
    18. Private Eye - Seer with Target Scry
    19. Betraying Knight - Careful Bane against non-Teammate Killers
    20. Advisor - Careful Day Bane, doesn't work on Enemies
    21. Financer - Recruitment Block against non-Teammate Recruiters
    22. Poisoner - Careful Kill, 50% chance
    23. Slayer - Careless Kill
    24. Contractor - Limited Kill (only able to hit people on Contractor/Hitman (based on alignment!) list; 50% success if no Contractor/Hitman list made yet)
    25. Oracle - 50% Full Scry, 50% No Result
    26. Young Knight - 50% Careful Bane
    27. Drunk - Double Vote for the next day phase!
    28. Kidnapper - Target Void
    29. Avenger - Beast! ...but only if killed in the next day/night cycle
    30. Fool - Wildcard! ...roll again
    31. Priest - publicly confirm alignment! ...maybe not that helpful...
    32. Fledgling Detective - 50% Alignment Scry, 50% Power Scry
    33. Erratic Baner - Double Careless Bane!
    34. Lazy Assassin - Careless Kill
    35. Doppelganger - Power Thief
    36. Hatter - Enhancer
    37. Weaver - Vote-Manipulator!
    38. Innkeeper - Seer with Alignment Scry
    39. Bartender - Seer with Power Scry
    40. Utter Fool - Seer with 100% error rate! ...and Full Scry
    41. Boy Who Cried Wolf - Seer with 50% Public Scry
    42. Town Crier - Seer with 100% Public Scry
    43. "The Brains" - Careless Bane
    44. Security System - Careless Bane, can't be voided, told killer if bane was hit
    45. Knight in Shining Armor - Careless Day Bane
    46. Pickpocket - Recruitment Block
    47. "The Brawn" - Careful Kill
    48. Loose Cannon - Careless Kill
    49. Sniper - Careless Power Kill
    50. Knight of the Red - Role Scry or 50% Careless Kill
    51. Knight of the White - Role Scry or 50% Careless Kill
    52. Witch - Void
    53. Bomber - Beast! ...but only if killed in the next day/night cycle
    54. Trapmaker - DOB! ...but only if killed in the next day/night cycle
    55. Prince Charming - Power Magnet w/ Power Scry! ...don't get killed...
    56. Magician - Vortexer
    57. Stalker - Target Scry
    58. Paranoia Inducer - everyone scries players as enemies that night!
    59. Romantic - 50% Alignment Scry, 50% Power Scry, can only use on odd numbered nights
    60. Stud - 50% Alignment Scry, 50% Power Scry, can only use on even numbered nights

((I may have adjusted these to make them more useable, but I only really did balancing if they came up in the randomization.))

1. 5% chance of random role power (of the 60), 25% chance of Self-Void, 70% chance of failure.
    1. 5% chance of random role power, 20% chance of Self-Void, 75% chance of failure
    11. 10% chance of random role power, 20% chance of Self-Void, 70% chance of failure
    16. 10% chance of random role power, 15% chance of Self-Void, 75% chance of failure
    21. 15% chance of random role power, 15% chance of Self-Void, 70% chance of failure
    26. 15% chance of random role power, 10% chance of Self-Void, 75% chance of failure
    36. 20% chance of random role power, 10% chance of Self-Void, 70% chance of failure
    41. 20% chance of random role power, 5% chance of Self-Void, 75% chance of failure
    46. 25% chance of random role power, 5% chance of Self-Void, 70% chance of failure
    51. 25% chance of random role power, 75% chance of failure
    1. 25% chance of random role power, 5% chance of Self-Void, 70% chance of failure
    6. 25% chance of random role power, 75% chance of failure
    11. 30% chance of random role power, 70% chance of failure
    21. 35% chance of random role power, 65% chance of failure
    26. 40% chance of random role power, 60% chance of failure
    36. 45% chance of random role power, 55% chance of failure
    41. 50% chance of random role power, 50% chance of failure
    51. 55% chance of random role power, 45% chance of failure
    56. 60% chance of random role power, 40% chance of failure
    1. 60% chance of random role power, 40% chance of failure
    6. 70% chance of random role power, 30% chance of failure
    11. 80% chance of random role power, 20% chance of failure
    16. 90% chance of random role power, 10% chance of failure
    21. 100% chance of random role power
    31. 50% chance of chosen power, 50% chance of failure
    36. 100% chance of chosen power

Bargain Day worked the same as normal Market Day, except it was as if you paid twice what you actually paid for each item. So paying 50, which is the minimum for Tier 2 would actually be 100 which is a nice item in Tier 3.

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Pixie in the Playground

1. How did you like the game overall? Did you like the format? Did you like the roles you had?2. How did you like the narrations? Is there something I can improve on or that I did well?
    6. Anything else to add?

Answers:
    1. I liked it, it was uber complex, yes, I liked all the roles, they were all original.
    2. I liked the narrations.
    3. Interesting, it was like an unpredictable movie.
    4.Yes, it is balanced. With the exception of the Supporters, though. I thought mercenaries were gonna win.
    5.Yep. I'd like to see these roles ans new ones.
    6. 'Nuff said.
    7. I think the Mercenaries did it. The Disguised Lord? I didn't even know there was one.
    One question, what doesthe gun do?
    Last edited by Yumori Zatsuken; 2013-12-01 at 12:35 AM.
    Hello there, fine sir~! I am Yumori.

Yu-mo-ree

Spoiler: Hello
    Show
    there.

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post

I liked the seer/recruiter combo. If I'd been a little more active with that then things would've gotten on the road.
    Seer/recruiter is always powerful. You definitely had a good chance to win the game as that role, but things just didn't work out...

Not balanced, but they were fun. And definitely tipped the game at different points.
    Option Auction was rather overpowered and probably did tip the game. Still, I would have thought people would have targeted the players who won powerful items, so they weren't able to use them? Strangely, that didn't happen.

I wouldn't say it was perfectly balanced just on the fact of the way it works, with people coming in all the time. Still, you didn't do too badly, considering it came down to three people.

Also, recruiting was a little here and there this game. While it's a concept I've played with myself a few times, I feel like the numbers could definitely do with some tuning here. One way would be reduced income, but what I'd prefer is removing the money basis of it, since that's a bit fiddly. Something like a triple-offer system where you have to spend three nights recruiting someone, or leaving them in limbo with an offer or two. The side of the players wouldn't change with the first or second offer, they would only know they received x offers.
    Yeah. Next recruitment is probably going to be just offers and requiring X offers to be recruited. I think the gold part was definitely confusing, since people already had money... I'll figure out how to work out ties for that, too... I'll probably just have them choose. Though... maybe Dual alignment? That could be interesting...

6. Anything else to add?

I feel like mercenaries who didn't get fully recruited didn't understand the whole system. A few times I saw recruited mercenaries act out.
    More problems with recruitment. Also maybe the "neutral alliance" thing in-thread messing with popular conceptions...

I was originally going to say the sister, but that doesn't fit, and neither does the brothers. (Sister only doesn't fit because she'd already talked to lord and him dying didn't help her at all.) I'd have to reread to work it out and too lazy/busy over here.

So here. I'll just say I reckon the cook was the killer. Because the butler does it so much the cook has to have a turn.
    It was not the cook, nor was it the butler who killed him. @BourgeoisJerry, it wasn't the Doppelganger either, though everyone on the Third-Party team was important in some way, at least in helping the Priest with protection, disguises, and information.

Edit: Also, the cat was worth it.
    Heh. Fun fact, I got the idea of the cat night one when you were attacked and missed twice. So... you killed yourself.

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yumori123 View Post
    Answers:
    1. I liked it, it was uber complex, yes, I liked all the roles, they were all original.
    2. I liked the narrations.
    3. Interesting, it was like an unpredictable movie.
    4.Yes, it is balanced. With the exception of the Supporters, though. I thought mercenaries were gonna win.
    5.Yep. I'd like to see these roles ans new ones.
    6. 'Nuff said.
    7. I think the Mercenaries did it. The Disguised Lord? I didn't even know there was one.
    4. The problem with Supporters was probably the problem with perceptions of "Good." People felt safer claiming as Team Good so did so, despite it being a bad idea. Still, people should have caught on...

7. Rather broad. Someone did it, and they were paid to do it. Who and by whom is the question here...

The Disguised Lord was the Priest (usourselves&we's last role) and was the Third-Party recruiter (or unrecruiter). Penguinator already guessed correctly that the Disguised Lord was the Lord of Allethorre's (died Night 0) illegitimate daughter.

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiery Tower View Post

As a person who was watching on the sidelines after all ability to join stopped, I'd definitely be interested in actually playing.
    With all the interest in playing again, I guess I'm off to make another one! I'll think of a setting and figure out balancing and what roles to keep/discard/add. It will have 60 roles again, since more would be too many, and it's a nice number that can fit well with a number of situations.

That said, it's a big game. I'm definitely not going to be ready to run it until next year, and I'd probably like help when I do. While I can run it alone (I did so here and before), help is always good, since I do have a life of my own and more people to write narrations (hopefully) means more narrations out on time! Though what's most important is that more eyes means more chances that things will be balanced. It's worked out pretty well so far, but there's always the element of chance popping up to screw things over. Here, too many Supporters got picked early on, which meant they had less chance of surviving to the end.

So, if anyone would like to help with balancing and maybe running the next game... just tell me. I'll probably be starting the basics of planning the story by winter break at the earliest, though probably later.

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Barbarian in the Playground

My QT's

Informant

Friend Why wouldn't anyone do anything to me while I had this role?

Slayer

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Dwarf in the Playground

usourselves&we was also very good at realizing when to self-bane,
    Paranoia, finally helpful.

The game was fun, sad that the little minx wasn't able to win. Would have been nice to know to know the she was a she, might have tried herder at the end.

And sorry Zar, should have seen something like that happening, but we aren't at all good at stuff like that.
    We love plural first person personal pronouns.
    Rejoice in the bosom of white text our child.
    Avatar by Gnomish Wanderer! (::) invisible cookies (::)

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Count Dingdong View Post
    @BourgeoisJerry, it wasn't the Doppelganger either, though everyone on the Third-Party team was important in some way, at least in helping the Priest with protection, disguises, and information.
    Ah, that makes sense. I imagine anybody plotting to murder royalty would be in need of Klaus's wisdom to ensure they didn't end up poisoning the wrong soup.

That said, I don't think the soup was actually poisoned. Too much risk of getting the wrong bowl to the wrong person. Poisoning the salt in the older brother's shaker would be a more surefire way of poisoning him. Assuming he was the target, of course.

Honestly though, I'm partial to the theory that nobody tried to murder the Lord. He just had a severe allergy to sodium chloride.
    Last edited by BourgeoisJerry; 2013-12-01 at 03:04 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Hey! Be nice, I helped you stay alive. And never once did I not protect you, as promised.
    Yeah, after you killed me.

And after reading Penguinator's QTs, two more things:
    1. Penguinator is made of awesome.
    Can I sig that?

I haven't read through everything, but I have to leave the house in a minute.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Orc in the Playground

Can I sig that?
    Please do!
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Dingdong
    Words & Logic
    Let me rephrase then: the neutral majority was annoying because enough people kept claiming anyway and getting knocked without realized it had happened to everyone else before them. And it seemed to happen consistently enough that they didn't really have to turn on themselves (until the end of course.)

I... somehow thought the oracle was four nights... whoops. You're right, Hitman is fair, though I stand by what I said about the Brawn. There were lots of unique roles and I have to commend you for that.

But yeah. The Postman's introduction, reduced rates and then drop were excellent, and believe me I felt his absence pretty hard. Well planned. The cat was a neat idea, although I don't really understand why everyone piled on to lynch it. The aftermath of that is still probably my favorite event. I guess I want to say that you wrote a very good narrative through to the very end.
    Last edited by Chessgeek; 2013-12-01 at 09:03 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1222

Oh, another question: since the Executioner's Axe was an item, would it have been possible to send it to another person via the Postman?

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

I thought of two other things on the ride here, but the only one I remember was the cat.

...I think the best summation here is from my QT.

"Let's kill the cat," they said. "We'll figure out what it does," they said. "It's probably a beast, but we're going to do it anyway," they said...

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BourgeoisJerry View Post
    Ah, that makes sense. I imagine anybody plotting to murder royalty would be in need of Klaus's wisdom to ensure they didn't end up poisoning the wrong soup.

That said, I don't think the soup was actually poisoned. Too much risk of getting the wrong bowl to the wrong person. Poisoning the salt in the older brother's shaker would be a more surefire way of poisoning him. Assuming he was the target, of course.

Honestly though, I'm partial to the theory that nobody tried to murder the Lord. He just had a severe allergy to sodium chloride.
    The Lord was definitely poisoned, and his soup alone showed traces of poison upon inspection. Maybe the soup went to the right person. Maybe it went to the wrong person. But it was definitely the bowl that the Lord ate from that was poisoned.

Oh, another question: since the Executioner's Axe was an item, would it have been possible to send it to another person via the Postman?
    I was wondering when anyone would ask that. Yes. The Executioner role became an item (the first Mystery Prize of the Option Auction, in fact) after bladescape's death. From then on, it could definitely be sent on to another person via the Postman, if anyone so chose. So if you think you're going to die, and you're connected with someone, and you have the money... why not?

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Ogre in the Playground

So here are my QT's:

1. Betraying Knight: Wherein I don't know what I'm doing, then later on start overplaying my hand.

2. Erratic Baner: Wherein my role confuses me a bunch, then I die before it gets good.

3. Assassin, then also Lord: Wherein I lie a bunch, then immediately overplay my hand, then start lying some more and trying to bribe people with money that may or may not exist. Also Chessgeek is a magnificent bastard.
    "By the way, do you know the best thing about magic? ... Everything." - Sarda, 8 Bit Theater

Thanks to Madcrafter for the avatar!

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

I've remembered the second thing. Can we get a chronological list of who were the Lords?
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2013-12-01 at 10:33 PM.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Sure! Go to the final narration and click the spoiler at the bottom of the post that says "Full Player List." Click the top of the column where it says "Died?," and it should order by day and night of death. Chronological order, yay!

Or, for immediate reference:
    Lord: #34 Amidus Drexel, #29 Zar Peter, #41 BourgeoisJerry, #24 tman2nd, #20 sparky9042, #51 HedgehogRanger
    Rival Lord: #12 Thattaman, #56 Penguinator, #36 HedgehogRanger, #22 bladescape, #55 Lex-Kat, #49 Penguinator
    Executioner: #01 bladescape, #13 ThePhantom (bought in auction), #41 BourgeoisJerry, #11 Chessgeek, #36 HedgehogRanger, #55 Lex-Kat, #49 Penguinator

28. - Top - End - #1228

Was it just coincidence that four of the last five executioners were also lords, or was there some other factor at play?

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

I just randomized it. It just happened that BourgeoisJerry got Executioner right after he became Lord and that the then Rival Lord HedgehogRanger got it next after Chessgeek. It then passed on to Lex-Kat, who had a 50% chance of becoming the Rival Lord, and then the 25% chance that the role would go to Penguinator (automatically Rival Lord) panned out. Small numbers helped at the end with randomization, I suppose?

Everything in terms of Lord/Rival Lord/Executioner roles passing on was randomized (barring the Option Auction of Executioner's Axe Day 3), so it's just coincidence. Still, all someone has to do to be Executioner and Lord/Rival Lord is to either outlast Executioners while Lord/Rival Lord and wait for the randomizer to pick them or to get Executioner and outlast Lords/Rival Lords respectively until the randomizer picks them. There's probably pretty good odds of it happening, but I don't feel like calculating it and factoring in whatever possible factors there are.

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Dwarf in the Playground

I was in for so little time, I really can't comment overmuch, but I will try.

Only had Privet Eye, and died pretty much immediatly. I had ideas for how to play, which never got used. I think making the win condition a bit easier would be helpful, but overall I liked the idea of the role. I think I could have made it work if I haddn't died so fast.

Always cool. Perhaps the first narration give a bit more setting? I never seem to know what period these are supposed to be set in. Otherwise, I like them.

Small nitpick -- some of the font/color combos were hard to read.

Since the ballence was consistantly shifting due to which of the roles were in play at any given time, it worked fine. This game, by it's nature, can't be fully ballenced.

Was a good game from what I could see. The decription of recruitment seemed like it took too long. I liked the money aspect, since there were in game uses for it. Once I understood the idea of the two wolf teams, it made a lot more sense. Need to drop the good vs evil monikers. I liked that villagers were neutral.

YES!!!!!

6. Anything else to add?

FUN!!!

????
    78% of all DM's start their first campaign in a tavern. If you're among the 22% who didn't, copy and paste this into your signature and tell us where you DID begin.The players were attacked individually on the road on the way to town by werewolves. To survive, they had to team up then and there without knowing anything about eachother (literally -- all character sheets were completed without other players' knowledge).