New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Soft Serve's Syllabus of Monster Classes. (3.5) taking requests!

*Sees post*

*Sees PM*

*blinkblink*

Wow. People do still care about my project. Yay!

Well, as concerns the succubus, I think the Charisma is honestly high enough as is. It beats out what the Silver Dragon gets in only seven levels and matches it in five. I could make a racial PRC, but that's about the extent of what I'd be comfortable with without feedback from more people.

I'll see what I can do with your requests when I get the chance. First I need to attend to some requests my girlfriend made, and I have to go for abour 3 hours. Her requests are fairly low level is one of the reasons.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Barbarian in the Playground

I have a request: an ectoplasmic dragon from the mind's eye updates.
    Illud quod aeternitatem iacere potest non mortuus est, ac dis peregrinis etiam mors moriatur.

D&D 3.5≠Pathfinder

Typhon by Kaptainkrutch. Thanks to TylerB7 for the latin

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    *Sees post*

*Sees PM*

*blinkblink*

Wow. People do still care about my project. Yay!

Well, as concerns the succubus, I think the Charisma is honestly high enough as is. It beats out what the Silver Dragon gets in only seven levels and matches it in five. I could make a racial PRC, but that's about the extent of what I'd be comfortable with without feedback from more people.

I'll see what I can do with your requests when I get the chance. First I need to attend to some requests my girlfriend made, and I have to go for abour 3 hours. Her requests are fairly low level is one of the reasons.
    I'm fine with that. I understand I'm just one opinion, and in this case it is most certainly an opinion.

And I can wait on the requests. =)
    "I Burn!"

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

I really like the Hoard ability. Really liike it.

It's better than Omalesco's Tarrasque thing and i'm probably going to include it on actual dragons in my games, maybe as a feat. I'm not sure what to make of the extra actions thing; you already have a lot of attacks, but then again, you've resisted the oh-so-dull "give it pounce!" response, which i applaude.

Overall, i think it looks pretty playable throughout its lineup, not auto-win powerful, but certainly enough to give a none "i win" caster a run for it's money and stand well against ToB classes.
    Mine is not so much a Peter Pan Complex as a Peter Pan Doom Fortress and Underground LairTM!
    Fae-o-matic Want a fae from folklore stated? Give me the lore and I'll do it for you!
    Le Cirque Funeste Evil Fairy Circus! Ray Bradbury, refined down to snortable powder!

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    I'm fine with that. I understand I'm just one opinion, and in this case it is most certainly an opinion.

And I can wait on the requests. =)
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    I really like the Hoard ability. Really liike it.

It's better than Omalesco's Tarrasque thing and i'm probably going to include it on actual dragons in my games, maybe as a feat. I'm not sure what to make of the extra actions thing; you already have a lot of attacks, but then again, you've resisted the oh-so-dull "give it pounce!" response, which i applaude.

Overall, i think it looks pretty playable throughout its lineup, not auto-win powerful, but certainly enough to give a none "i win" caster a run for it's money and stand well against ToB classes.
    Extra actions? What do you mean by that?

Quote Originally Posted by SheepInDisguise View Post
    I have a request: an ectoplasmic dragon from the mind's eye updates.
    *Insert hesitant sound here*
    While I do want to do things people in general want, I should mention a few things.

1. High CR creatures, especially dragons, take a long amount of time to do. You know the Silver Dragon? That took me months to get done before I even posted it, and it's barely recognizable compared to the original. Creature of CR 10 or less are usually preferable, though I can try and work on higher ones regardless. I do want to come back to dragons at some point, but right now I want to branch out a bit.
    2. I'm not that familiar with Psionics, so I'm extremely hesitant about creating a class that uses them. Same with Incarnum and Binding.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

The ability Volcano, is what i refer to. I'm kinda distrustful of anything involving extra actions, just in general.
    Mine is not so much a Peter Pan Complex as a Peter Pan Doom Fortress and Underground LairTM!
    Fae-o-matic Want a fae from folklore stated? Give me the lore and I'll do it for you!
    Le Cirque Funeste Evil Fairy Circus! Ray Bradbury, refined down to snortable powder!

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

The ability Volcano, is what i refer to. I'm kinda distrustful of anything involving extra actions, just in general.
    Ah, right. Not sure why that wasn't processing.

Well, this was based off of an earlier version of the dragon, so it hasn't been through the rigorous editing the Silver Dragon went through. Heck, nobody even made comments about it when it was first put up.

Hmm. Got any ideas for replacement abilities?

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

Part of me is thinking that a pyroclastic flow type move, with maybe 10-15 ft of movement as a Swift action [maybe a Move at first off] that's treated much like a Trample move, so you can kind of dozer around the battlefield.

It just seems appropriate for something that's an intelligent force of nature.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

Part of me is thinking that a pyroclastic flow type move, with maybe 10-15 ft of movement as a Swift action [maybe a Move at first off] that's treated much like a Trample move, so you can kind of dozer around the battlefield.

It just seems appropriate for something that's an intelligent force of nature.
    Hmm. I'll think on this.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

Kulumar

(From Denizens of Avadnu.)

Description and Details:
    Kulumars are eyeless predators with a mystical affinity for shadow. Fast, muscular, and agile, Kulumars stand 8 to 10 feet tall and weigh an average of 400 pounds. Their hairless skin is an almost reflective blue, and their long limbs end in black claws useful for clinging to walls and ceilings. From the bottom of Kulumars' worm-like heads grow stalks that allow them to sense their surroundings. Kulumars naturally cast no shadows. But can steal shadows from other creatures.

Kulumars are known to ally themselves with Aboleths and Drow, or perform services in return for knowledge or magic. They are treacherous and deceitful, but generally twist words instead of lying outright. If Kulumars were slightly less belligerent and enigmatic, they would easily find friends among the underworld races.

Adventures: Kulumars often adventure to obtain shadow slaves, or to find knowledge and magic. Most Kulumars are not actually casters, but have a fondness for magic all the same. Kulumars will also accept bribes of the aforementioned things to do mercenary work.

Religion: Kulumars are not known for worshiping any deity.

Ecology/background: It is unknown whether Kulumars reproduce, as there exists no documentation of Kulumar young. It is believed that Kulumars are Sexless and that only a set number exist. A leading theory holds that Kulumars are shadows cast on the material plane by some extra-planar monster but Kulumars respond to this notion with politely amused descriptions of indecipherable esoterica.

Kulumars lurk in the deepest parts of the earth, wandering alone through tunnels and caverns. Some collect arcana, while others seem intent on destroying all intelligent beings they find. They never associate with each other, but readily talk to those who question them, even during combat. They are polite and articulate, and occasionally helpful, but often difficult to understand. Questions about their nature, habits, and purpose are answered with talk of penumbras, the “Low world,” and the “Blue shadow,” and Kulumars seem unable to define these terms without relating them to each Other. Kulumars can discuss most other issues rationally.

Languages: Kulumars speak undercommon, and can speak additional languages with each point of Intelligence bonus they have as per normal.

Favored Class:
    Rogue is a Kulumar's favored class.

Class
    Spoiler
    Show
    HD: d8
    {TABLE]Level | BAB | Fort | Ref | Will | Feature
    1| +0| +2| +2 |+0| Kulumar body, Blindsight 30'
    2| +1| +3| +3| +0| Shadow Rend, Shadow Slave,
    3| +2| +3| +3| +1| Climb Speed, Blindsight 60', Shadow Slave Range 240'
    4| +3| +4| +4| +1| Maintain Shadow, Command Shadow, Bite
    5| +3| +4| +4| +1| Shadow jump, Enter Shadow, Blindsight 90'
    6| +4| +5| +5| +2| Growth, Hide in Plain Sight, Shadow Slave Range 480'
    [/table]
    4 Skill points+int per level, quadruple at 1st level. Class skills:
    Bluff, Climb, Hide, Intimidate, Jump, Listen, Move Silently, and Tumble.

Proficiencies:
    The Kulumar is not proficient in any armor or shields, and is only proficient with its natural weapons.

Features:

Kulumar Body (Ex): The Kulumar loses all other racial bonuses and gains Aberration traits, 2 claw attacks for 1d6+strength damage each, a 40 foot base land speed and medium size.

The Kulumar also gets a natural armor bonus equal to its Constitution modifier.

Blindsight (Ex)
    : A Kulumar can sense all foes within 30 feet as a sighted creature would. Beyond that range, it is considered blinded. Kulumars are invulnerable to gaze attacks, visual effects of spells such as illusion, and other attack forms that rely on sight. It increases by another 30 feet at level 3 and 5 to a total of 90 feet.

Shadow Rend (Su):
    A living creature hit by both of a Kulumar's claw attacks, or who is transported with the Kulumar during a shadow jump, risks having its shadow stolen. The Creature must succeed on a Fortitude save (DC 10+1/2 HD+Charisma modifier) or have its shadow pulled through its body and ripped out by the Kulumar. The Kulumar then casts the creature's shadow, and the creature it was stolen from casts none. A Kulumar can cast any number of shadows from different angles.

For every day the creature goes without a shadow, it partially fades into nonexistence, taking 1d4 points of Constitution drain. When its constitution reaches 0, it dies and disappears, along with its shadow. If the creature rejoins with its shadow by touching it (An unarmed melee touch attack against the Kulumar if it is casting the shadow, or against the shadow if it is detached from and controlled by the Kulumar), it regains any Constitution lost. Only a miracle or Wish spell can replace a living creature's shadow, and this does not restore lost Constitution. Returning from the dead rejoins a creature with its shadow and restores all lost Constitution.

Shadow slave (Su): At level 2, a Kulumar can detach from its body any shadows it has stolen as a free action. A shadow so detached lifts off the ground and resembles a dark, transparent version of the creature it was originally connected to. Treat the shadow as an unseen servant with an AC of 13 that follows the Kulumar's verbal commands while within 120 feet. If the Shadow leaves this range, or if the Kulumar is killed (which automatically detaches all the Kulumar's shadows) it immediately heads toward where it last saw its rightful owner, willingly rejoining if Possible. If the shadow is destroyed, it cannot be rejoined with its owner. Kulumars treat their shadows as slaves, sending them to open doors, carry their belongings, and fulfill the request of guests.

Climb Speed (Ex): At level 3, the Kulumar gains a 30 foot climb speed.

Shadow Slave Range(Su): At level 4 and 6, the range over which a Kulumar can control its shadow slaves increases to 240 feet and 480 feet respectively. At 12 HD, the Kulumar can control the slaves from any distance, or even from another plain.

Maintain Shadow (Su):
    At level 4, a Kulumar learns to maintain the link between its shadows and the creatures they were stolen from. Each day, the Kulumar can prevent the Constitution drain caused by shadow loss to a number of creatures whose shadows it has stolen equal to 3+HD+Charisma modifier.

Command Shadow (Su):
    At level 4, a Kulumar can send commands to its stolen shadows telepathically as a free action, so long as they are within range.

Bite (Ex): At level 4, the Kulumar gains a secondary bite attack dealing 1d6+1/2 strength modifier damage.

Shadow Jump (Su):
    At level 5, the Kulumar can travel between shadows as if by means of a dimension door spell. Even unwilling creatures can be transported with the Kulumar if they are restrained or grappled. The limitation is that the magical transport must begin and end in an area with at least some shadow. The Kulumar can jump a range equal to 20 feet times its HD. This ability takes a Standard action, and is usable a number of times per day equal to its HD.

Enter Shadow (Su): At level 5 a Kulumar can create a new body for itself out of a shadow slave and abandon its old form. As a standard action, the Kulumar dissolves its body into a murky blue shadow that dissipates into the ground (Detaching any shadows in the process), and warps a single shadow slave within range of its control into a body identical to its old one. This destroys the shadow slave and cures the Kulumar of 1d10 points of damage. The overall effect is similar to teleportation, but carried objects are not transported, and this can allow the Kulumar to jump across planes.

Growth (Ex): At level 6 the Kulumar may grow another size category (Ordinarily to large size). Its AC, bonus to hit, base damage, grapple and skills change accordingly (Hide remains the same as it was before the growth), but it doesn't get any ability score bonus or penalties.

Hide in Plain Sight (Su): At level 6 the Kulumar can use the hide skill even while being observed. As long as they are within 10 feet of some sort of shadow, Kulumars can hide themselves from view in the open without anything to actually hide behind. Kulumars cannot hide in their own shadows, or in the shadows of their shadow servants.

Comment
    Spoiler
    Show

The original doesn't do much with the shadow slaves, and they probably won't last very long with just the way they originally work. By taking the Stygian Slaver PRC, gutting it with a machete, and grafting the remains onto the original monster, it works much better, and the shadow slaves actually have a point. The original PRC required level 3 arcane spells too, which the Kulumar has no reason to have, and the PRC has no advantages for. It will never be taken in any campaign where optimization matters, and so I wanted to give the class some of the decent abilities of the Stygian Slaver without requiring them to take the class.

I gave it Rogue as its favored class, the reason being that rogue boosts what it actually does.

Aberrations tend to have will as their highest save, but this is much more of a melee monster than a caster one, so I thought fortitude and reflex made more since.

Changelog
    Spoiler
    Show
    Changed growth to "May"
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-09-20 at 10:59 PM.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

Pegasus (From the SRD/Monster manual 1.)

Description and Details:
    As much as I'd like to have something more substantial here, I don't know what to say about them other than that they're Horses with Wings. Pegasi are often white, but there are some reported to be Yellow, Blue, Pink, and a few that are said to have manes that are Pink, Purple, or even every color of the rainbow.

Religion: The Pegasi who do worship gods tend to worship gods of nature, or gods who control some natural element. Most often, they worship the deities of the sun and moon as long as the tenets of said deities do not conflict with their own moral dispositions.

Adventures: Pegasi most often adventure with good aligned beings, serving as mounts. Pegasi occasionally leave their homes to adventure on their own, often as some sort of service to either their home, or any gods they may serve.

Ecology/Background:
    Pegasi live in clouds or forest in isolation almost exclusively. They are often shy and reclusive, so they do not prefer highly populated areas. Besides the fact that they are not well received by the “Civilized” races for various reasons, said races tend to kidnap their young and raise them as mounts.

If a Pegasus plans on raising children, they tend to leave their clouds homes temporarily to raise them on the ground. Newborn Pegasi cannot yet walk on clouds as more developed ones can, and so cloud homes are no longer viable. Once a youngling Pegasus can cloudwalk, the family often moves back to the clouds, unless the settlement they find on the ground proves better.

Pegasi have a natural association with nature. Many prefer the clouds, but Pegasi moving down to forests to get in touch with the animals there is far from unheard of. Such Pegasi tend to be Druids or Rangers for the animal companion feature.

Languages: Pegasi begin play knowing Common and can understand other languages for each point of intelligence bonus as per usual. While it's not unheard of for Pegasi to speak, they are often only able to communicate through body language.

Favored Class: Druid or Ranger.

Class
    Spoiler
    Show
    1| +0| +0| +2 |+0|Pegasus Body, Racial Skill Bonus,
    2| +1| +0| +2| +0| Scent, Wild Empathy, +1 Dexterity
    3| +2| +1| +3| +1| Glide, Cloud Walk, Call of Nature, +1 Dexterity
    [/table]
    Spot, Listen, Profession, Perform, Knowledge (Nature), Jump, Intimidate, Craft, Survival,

Proficiencies: Pegasi are not proficient with any armor or weapons besides their own natural weapons.

Pegasus body (Ex): At first level the Pegasus loses all other racial traits and gains the following. Pegasi are medium sized Magical beasts with two natural hoof attacks for 1d4+Strength modifier damage each, and a base move speed of 40 feet. The Pegasus's Hoof attacks are primary natural attacks.

Pegasi use their mouths for tasks requiring fine manipulation, and as such, are treated as one handed for all purposes. At first level, the Pegasi's dexterity is treated as 4 points lower than what it actually is for tasks requiring fine manipulation. At 4 HD this penalty is reduced to 2 points lower. At 8 HD this penalty goes away entirely.

Lastly, Pegasi gain a natural armor bonus equal to their Constitution modifier.

Racial Skill Bonuses (Ex):
    Pegasi have a racial bonus to the Listen and Spot checks equal to half their HD.

Scent (Ex):
    At level 2, the Pegasus gains the benefits of the Scent Extraordinary ability.This extraordinary ability lets a creature detect approaching enemies, sniff out hidden foes, and track by sense of smell.

A creature with the scent ability can detect opponents by sense of smell, generally within 30 feet. If the opponent is upwind, the range is 60 feet. If it is downwind, the range is 15 feet. Strong scents, such as smoke or rotting garbage, can be detected at twice the ranges noted above. Overpowering scents, such as skunk musk or troglodyte stench, can be detected at three times these ranges.

The creature detects another creature’s presence but not its specific location. Noting the direction of the scent is a move action. If it moves within 5 feet of the scent’s source, the creature can pinpoint that source.

A creature with the Track feat and the scent ability can follow tracks by smell, making a Wisdom check to find or follow a track. The typical DC for a fresh trail is 10. The DC increases or decreases depending on how strong the quarry’s odor is, the number of creatures, and the age of the trail. For each hour that the trail is cold, the DC increases by 2. The ability otherwise follows the rules for the Track feat. Creatures tracking by scent ignore the effects of surface conditions and poor visibility.

Creatures with the scent ability can identify familiar odors just as humans do familiar sights.

Water, particularly running water, ruins a trail for air-breathing creatures. Water-breathing creatures that have the scent ability, however, can use it in the water easily.

False, powerful odors can easily mask other scents. The presence of such an odor completely spoils the ability to properly detect or identify creatures, and the base Survival DC to track becomes 20 rather than 10.

Wild Empathy (Ex): As per the Druid feature. The Pegasus is treated as having a Druid level equal to its HD for the purposes of this ability.

Ability Bonus (Ex): At levels 2 and 3, a Pegasus's dexterity score increases by 1

Cloud Walk (Su): Pegasi tend to make their homes among the clouds. As such, they are able to tread on clouds and fog as if they were on solid ground. This ability functions continuously, but can be negated or resumed At-Will.

Glide (Ex): A Pegasus can use her wings to glide, negating damage from a fall from any height and allowing 20 feet of forward travel for every 5 feet of descent. Pegasi glide at a speed of 30 feet with average maneuverability. Even if a Pegasus's maneuverability improves, she can't hover while gliding. A Pegasus can't glide while carrying a medium or heavy load.

If a Pegasus becomes unconscious or helpless while in midair, her wings naturally unfurl, and powerful ligaments stiffen them. The Pegasus descends slowly in a tight corkscrew and takes only 1d6 points of falling damage, no matter the actual distance of the fall.

At 6 HD, the Pegasus becomes capable of Flight and has a fly speed equal to 10 feet times its HD with average maneuverability.

Call of Nature (Su): The Pegasus can use “Summon Nature's Ally 2” as a Spell Like ability, 1/day per 2 HD. At 6 HD this improves to Summon Nature's Ally 3. At 8 HD, this improves to Summon Nature's ally 4, and continues to improve every 2 HD up until Summon Nature's ally 9 at 18 HD.

Growth (Ex): At 8 HD, the Pegasus may grow a size category (Ordinarily to large size). Her AC, bonus to hit, base damage, grapple and skills change accordingly, but she doesn't get any ability score bonus or penalties.

Comments and FAQ
    Spoiler
    Show

1. This was intended to be balanced with Tier 3 classes
    2. The reason the abilities scale with HD is that otherwise the abilities suck once she gets out of the class.
    3.In taking this you give up your choice of race. You cannot be a Tiefling Pegasus for example.
    4. You do not have to be the traditional alignment.
    5. This is intended to be playable with just the SRD allowed.
    6. You can multi-class out at any point. This is not a traditional racial class, so you don't have to go through all 3 levels, you simply have to take the first.

To be honest, I took a lot of this from My Little Pony: Friendship is magic, as the class Picture indicates. While I know at least a few people will probably dislike that, I hope you can appreciate the class in spite of that fact. The SRD version of the Pegasus simply didn't have enough to work with. Heck, even the fluff in the Monster Manual version was like a paragraph long at best.

This is one of the Creatures my Girlfriend requested, and it was made largely with her in mind.

Changelog

Spoiler
    Show
    I changed the flight to be a bit better since it's the main reason somebody is going to be a pegasus.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-09-20 at 11:00 PM.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

Were-Tiger (SRD)

Description and details: Were-Tigers come from all over. In their human forms, they can be just about anything from little kids to wizened Elders.

In their Hybrid and Tiger forms, Were-tigers tend to have little variation, at least to the common eye. Were-Tigers can be any variety, including Albino or even black.

Adventures:
    Lycanthropes are just as varied as humans and giants when it comes to adventure. They'll search for anything that appeals to them, kill anything that threatens them, or walk in the service of a greater Good, or evil as the case my be.

Alignment:
    Lycanthropes have no natural alignements. You are as likely to meet a Lawful Good Were-Tiger as you are a chaotic Evil Were-Tiger.

Religion:
    Lycanthropes tend to worship whatever deities they worshipped before being transformed, or worship deities of the night if they give in to the beast, or revel in their new forms.

Other Classes:
    Lycanthropes get along well with most classes. The only exceptions are excessively zealous Paladins or clerics.

Favored Class:
    Rogue or Barbarian.

Class
    Spoiler
    Show

Were-Tiger Prerequisites
    To become a Were-Tiger, the character must meet the following requirements

Race: Any Medium or Large humanoid, goblinoid, Monstrous humanoid, or giant.
    Special: Must have been injured by the natural attack of another Were-Tiger.

1| +1| +2| +2 |+0| Were-Tiger Body, Form of the Beast, Curse of Lycanthropy
    2| +1| +3| +3| +1| Weapons of the Beast, Serrated claws and Teeth, Skill Bonus
    3| +2| +3| +3| +1| Tiger Form, Skin of the Lycanthrope, Pounce
    [/table]
    Balance, Swim, Climb, Hide, move Silently, Handle animal, intimidate, Jump

Proficiencies: A Were-Tiger gains No proficiencies in any weapons or armor.

Were-Tiger body (Ex): The Were-Tiger retains any previous racial bonuses it had, and gains the magical beast type, granting it Darkvision 60 and low light vision. Additionally, it gains the shapechanger subtype, and the ability to communicate with tigers regardless of form.

Form of the Beast (Su): At 1st Level, the Were-Tiger can change into a Hybrid form. This grants him the following Benefits.
    • A Bonus to his strength and Dexterity Scores Equal to half his Hit Dice.
    • Two Claw attacks for 1d4+Strength modifier damage (1d6 if large)
    • A Bite attack for 1d4+1/2 strength modifier damage (1d6 if large)
    • ]A Natural Armor bonus equal to his Constitution modifier.

The Were-Tiger has the ability to assume one or more specific alternate forms. A true seeing spell or ability reveals the Were-Tiger’s Humanoid or Giant form, as well as its Hybrid or Animal Forms. While using alternate form the Were-Tiger reverts to its Humanoid or Giant form when killed, but separated body parts retain their shape. Assuming an alternate form results in the following changes to the Were-Tiger:
    Spoiler
    Show
    • The Were-Tiger retains the type and subtype of its Humanoid or Giant form. It gains the size of its Tiger or Hybrid Form. (As Specified). If the new form has the aquatic subtype, the Were-Tiger gains that subtype as well.
    • The Were-Tiger loses the natural weapons, natural armor, and movement modes of its Humanoid or Giant form, as well as any extraordinary special attacks of its Humanoid or Giant form not derived from non-monster class levels (such as the barbarian’s rage class feature).
    • The Were-Tiger gains the natural weapons, natural armor, movement modes, and extraordinary special attacks of Tiger or Hybrid Form. (As Specified).
    • The Were-Tiger retains the special qualities of its Humanoid or Giant form. It does not gain any special qualities of its Tiger or Hybrid Form. (Unless Specified Otherwise.)
    • The Were-Tiger retains the spell-like abilities and supernatural attacks of its old form (except for breath weapons and gaze attacks). It does not gain the spell-like abilities or attacks of its Tiger or Hybrid Form.
    • The Were-Tiger retains its hit points and save bonuses, although its save modifiers may change due to a change in ability scores.
    • Except as described elsewhere, the Were-Tiger retains all other game statistics of its Humanoid or Giant form, including (but not necessarily limited to) HD, hit points, skill ranks, feats, base attack bonus, and base save bonuses.
    • The Were-Tiger retains any spellcasting ability it had in its Humanoid or Giant form, although it must be able to speak intelligibly to cast spells with verbal components and it must have humanlike hands to cast spells with somatic components. Hybrids may speak and have humanoid enough hands if the Were-Tiger's Humanoid or Giant form has hands.
    • The Were-Tiger is effectively camouflaged as a creature of its Tiger or Hybrid Form, and it gains a +10 bonus on Disguise checks if it uses this ability to create a disguise.
    • Any gear worn or carried by the Were-Tiger that can’t be worn or carried in its Tiger or Hybrid Form instead falls to the ground in its space. If the Were-Tiger changes size, any gear it wears or carries that can be worn or carried in its Tiger or Hybrid Form changes size to match the new size. (Nonhumanoid-shaped creatures can’t wear armor designed for humanoid-shaped creatures, and vice versa.) Gear returns to normal size if dropped.

Assuming an Alternate form, or dismissing it, is a Full-Round Action that provokes an attack of opportunity. At 7 HD this changes to a Standard Action and at 14 HD this changes to a Move Action, at 20 HD this changes to a Swift Action.

A Were-Tiger can assume its Alternate Form 1/day/HD, and can remain transformed indefinitely.

Curse of Lycanthrophy (Su): Any humanoid or giant hit by a Were-Tiger’s bite attack in animal or hybrid form must succeed on a Fortitude save (DC equals 10+1/2 HD+Charisma modifier) or contract Lycanthropy.

Weapons of the Beast (Ex): At Second Level, the Lycanthrope becomes capable of Raking with his claws in Hybrid Form, dealing additional claw damage if it succeeds on a grapple check. Additionally, his natural weapons are treated as magic weapons for the purpose of overcoming Damage reduction.

Serrated Claws and Teeth (Ex): The Were-tiger's natural weapons start digging into cloth and flesh, becoming far harder to tear out. To use this ability, a Were-Tiger must hit with a claw or bite attack. He can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If he wins the grapple check, he establishes a hold and can rake.

Skill Bonus (Ex):
    At second level, the Were-Tiger possesses skill bonuses related to his parent animal's form. Regardless of form, the Were-Tiger has a racial bonus to Hide, Move Silently and Balance equal to Half his Hit dice.

Lycanthrope skin (Su): The Were-Tiger's skin starts becoming Supernaturally tough. At third level, the Were-Tiger gains Damage reduction Silver equal to half his Hit dice regardless form.

At 12 HD this becomes equal to his Hit Dice

Eventually, the skin even starts repairing injuries in front of its opponent's very eyes. At 12 HD the Were-Tiger gains Fast healing equal to Ľ his HD rounded down.

Pounce (Ex):
    In any form, the Were-Tiger can pounce, full attacking at the end of any charge he makes. The Were-Tiger is incapable of raking an opponent if his hands are currently holding something (Such as weapons) or occupied in a similar manner.

Tiger Form (Su):
    At third level, the Were-Tiger becomes capable of turning into its patron form, granting him the benefits of being a natural Tiger. In addition, the physical ability scores of a tiger are instead ability boosts, granting him a +12 Strength, +4 Dexterity, and +6 Constitution boost while in Tiger form. This acts in all other ways as per the alternate form ability.

At 12 HD, this changes to a Dire tiger and changes the Strength boost to +16

The Were-Tiger may do this 1/day per HD. A use of this ability counts as a use of your hybrid form, and vice versa.

Comments

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, here's one of Metahuman's request. I hope it's to their liking.

This is the first time I've ever done a Lycanthrope, and I don't plan on doing it often. These things are pretty difficult.

Changelog

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing so far

I'll be working on a few other things while I'm waiting for more requests. I'll give priority to my Girlfriend's and Metahuman's requests (except the really high level one you requested Metahuaman) if I don't receive any further requests, but I'll also be working on other stuff at the same time.

For now, sleeptime.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-09-20 at 11:01 PM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

So far it looks very good. Thank you, I'm quite pleased with this one!

And Take your time with the High level one. I'm in no hurry. And I understand coming second on the priority's list too a lady friend entirely.
    "I Burn!"

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

So far it looks very good. Thank you, I'm quite pleased with this one!
    I'm glad.

Any requests besides the one you sent me in PM? I was thinking of doing Centaur or Treant after I finish the other ones my girlfriend wanted, but I was wondering if there was anything else I should work on?

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

Those could both prove interesting, and I always like to see different takes on Centaurs and Other Tauric creatures.

And if your still looking for ideas beyond that, Lilliend could make for an interesting one. I don't think it get's enough love really.
    "I Burn!"

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    Alright. Two updates. The first is that I'm now taking requests for other monsters to do. If somebody would like, I can post a list of other monsters I planned on creating at some point. Please, just somebody post shpwing that they still give a damn about my project.

The second is, I was looking through some books, and created a few feats based off of others I saw. Really just something I thought might be good for an update while I worked on other stuff. As you can probably tell, I was looking at a book about dragons.

Horns [General]
    Pre-requisites: Dragon type or Dragonblood subtype, 9 HD
    Benefit: The Creature gains a gore natural attack. This is a secondary natural attack that deals the following damage according to size.
    {table]Size|Damage
    Tiny|1d3
    Small|1d4
    Medium|1d6
    Large|1d8
    Huge|2d6
    Gargantuan|2d8
    Colossal|4d6[/table]
    Special: If you take this feat, you cannot also take the Head plate feat.

Head plate [General]
    Pre-requisites: Dragon type or Dragonblood subtype, 9 HD
    Benefit: The Creature gains a headbutt natural attack. This is a secondary natural attack that deals the following amount of bludgeoning damage according to size.
    {table]Size|Damage
    Tiny|1d3
    Small|1d4
    Medium|1d6
    Large|1d8
    Huge|2d6
    Gargantuan|2d8
    Colossal|4d6[/table]
    Special: if you take this feat, you cannot also take the Horns feat.

Tail Spikes [General]
    Pre-requisites: Tail slap attack, 12 HD
    Benefit: The damage of your tail slap increases by 2d6. Additionally, You can choose to start a grapple when you hit with a tail slap attack as if you had the improved grab special attack as long as the creature is 3 or more size categories smaller than you.

You can drop a creature you have snatched as a free action or use a standard action to fling it aside. A flung creature travels 1d6 × 10 feet, and takes 1d6 points of damage per 10 feet traveled. If you are flying while you fling the creature, the creature takes this amount or falling damage, whichever is greater.

Body Spines: [General]
    Pre-requisite: Dragon type or dragonblood subtype, 6 HD
    Benefit: The Creature grows spines all over its body. Anyone climbing on or grappling with the Creature takes 1d4+Strength modifier damage each round they remain climbing/Grappling. This damage can also be added to a Tail Slap or Tail Sweep attack.

why are these only dragon-specific? these would be fitting for a number of creatures: trolls and ogres, dire animals, etc.

i will take a good look at the weretiger and pegasus when i have time, but so far they look pretty cool, and it is nice to see you still working on them.
    my own diabolical experiments (homebrew)

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns
    Watchtower––Volume III (running since 2008)

Announcer— “Your cable television is experiencing difficulties. Please do not panic. Resist the temptation to read or talk to loved ones. Do not attempt sexual relations, as years of TV radiation have left your genitals withered and useless.”

Wiggum, checking— “Well I'll be damned.”

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Stycotl View Post

why are these only dragon-specific? these would be fitting for a number of creatures: trolls and ogres, dire animals, etc.
    That's what they were in the book. I'll just try to make the pre-requisites such that you have a reasonable way to gain the benefits.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

Actually, I looked at Weretiger again. And I'm curious, why only Humanoids and Giants? Why not Goblinoids and Monstrous Humanoids as well? I'd think it would be thematically fitting, or was there something I'm overlooking with that? A Balance Issue I missed or some such?

Not complaining, I still say you did a great job, but it was something I got curious about looking at the class a second time. =)
    "I Burn!"

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

Actually, I looked at Weretiger again. And I'm curious, why only Humanoids and Giants? Why not Goblinoids and Monstrous Humanoids as well? I'd think it would be thematically fitting, or was there something I'm overlooking with that? A Balance Issue I missed or some such?

That was the requirement on the original Lycanthrope. I can change that easily.

Also, should I change Succubus to a template? To me, it seems like it should have been one in the first place.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Huh, so it was. I always remembered it as Humanoids and Monsterous Humanoids.

And yes, that, I think, would be a nifty little change. Makes it a bit more open access and offers some other encounter options for DM's who want to use it while creating a bigger pool of options to go with it for PC's.

And with regards to Succubus being a template, that could actually be a cool change. Who doesn't like being able to add Cha boosts and ability's too a race described as being beautiful or Charismatic anyway? Gives you something to Enhance flavor.
    "I Burn!"

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

Huh, so it was. I always remembered it as Humanoids and Monsterous Humanoids.

And yes, that, I think, would be a nifty little change. Makes it a bit more open access and offers some other encounter options for DM's who want to use it while creating a bigger pool of options to go with it for PC's.
    Alright.

And with regards to Succubus being a template, that could actually be a cool change. Who doesn't like being able to add Cha boosts and ability's too a race described as being beautiful or Charismatic anyway? Gives you something to Enhance flavor.
    How about a base Charisma score of 14 or 16 as a pre-requisite? Maybe a certain number of ranks in a specific skill? I could also see the template helping out with Bardic music.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, how about base 14, and requires four ranks in Bluff and Diplomacy, and two ranks in Preform? Keeps it reasonably accessible but will make it a bit harder for Cha heavy Teir 2 and higher classes like Sorcerer and Favored soul to tack on in order to load up on extra castings a day/Higher DC's/Other goodness form a Jacked up Cha?

Seem reasonable?
    "I Burn!"

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, how about base 14, and requires four ranks in Bluff and Diplomacy, and two ranks in Preform? Keeps it reasonably accessible but will make it a bit harder for Cha heavy Tier 2 and higher classes like Sorcerer and Favored soul to tack on in order to load up on extra castings a day/Higher DC's/Other goodness form a Jacked up Cha?

Seem reasonable?
    I don't really see any reason to try and prevent sorcerer or favored soul from it. In order to even get an extra +1 modifier, the sorcerer has to take enough levels such that they will never get 9th level spells short of epic level games or gestalt.

Not sure about the Favored Soul bit. I don't have Complete Divine.

I'd like for it to be slightly better for a Bard to take. Any possible way for me to do that? Or is it pretty good as is?

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, ideas for Succubus.

Give it a more Bard like class skills list and 6 skill points a level. That way Bards who Value the use of there skills won't feel like there sacrificing that to get the template.

Make it not take away all other racial traits. That way the Draconic creature or Catfolk Bard don't feel there having to give up a bunch of potentially nice things to use this Template/class.

Make it get Bard casting per Succubus level, and make the Bard casting stack with PRC's that advance bard casting (Like Sublime Cord.), and with actual Bard levels.

Make it progress (but not in and of itself grant.) bardic Music ability's and uses and DC's.

Make it progress (but not in and of itself grant.) Bardic Knowledge/Knack.

I saw you removed the Cha to AC that the original Savage Species progression granted the Succubus. I'd suggest putting it back. Mildly helpful for casters, but very good for a Melee Snowflake Wardance+Optimized Inspire Courage Bard build, and spiffy for a sit back and use Bardic Music and cast spells/use UMD build in case something decides he looks squishy enough to one shot and hurt the nice things the party was getting form him. Which any monster with an Int of 8 or 9 could eventually figure out, and anything with an int 13 or higher has no excuse NOT to have figured out by the second round of combat.

And one last big one.

IF they take all the levels of the class/template, allow them to have a special ability that doubles there Bonuses to hit and damage form Inspire Courage, but deals None Lethal Damage too them while they use it. Yes, this is basically words of creation. But it rewards the bard by not forcing them to be Exalted good (Something a LOT of DM's punish willfully.) to get the ability, and by saving them a feat they can now invest in something else. For a Sorcerer or a Begualer or a Binder, that's nothing special. For a Bard, that is HUGH! BTW, the fact that it's HUGH is also why it's a Capstone.
    "I Burn!"

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, ideas for Succubus.

Give it a more Bard like class skills list and 6 skill points a level. That way Bards who Value the use of there skills won't feel like there sacrificing that to get the template.
    That seems reasonable I guess.

Make it not take away all other racial traits. That way the Draconic creature or Catfolk Bard don't feel there having to give up a bunch of potentially nice things to use this Template/class.
    It won't. Templates don't take away previous features.

Make it get Bard casting per Succubus level, and make the Bard casting stack with PRC's that advance bard casting (Like Sublime Cord.), and with actual Bard levels.
    That seems a little strong.

Make it progress (but not in and of itself grant.) bardic Music ability's and uses and DC's.

Make it progress (but not in and of itself grant.) Bardic Knowledge/Knack.
    That seems reasonable.

I saw you removed the Cha to AC that the original Savage Species progression granted the Succubus. I'd suggest putting it back. Mildly helpful for casters, but very good for a Melee Snowflake Wardance+Optimized Inspire Courage Bard build, and spiffy for a sit back and use Bardic Music and cast spells/use UMD build in case something decides he looks squishy enough to one shot and hurt the nice things the party was getting form him. Which any monster with an Int of 8 or 9 could eventually figure out, and anything with an int 13 or higher has no excuse NOT to have figured out by the second round of combat.
    I wasn't going off the Savage Species version. I was working purely with what the SRD gave me. I'm not sure about the AC boost.

IF they take all the levels of the class/template, allow them to have a special ability that doubles there Bonuses to hit and damage form Inspire Courage, but deals None Lethal Damage too them while they use it. Yes, this is basically words of creation. But it rewards the bard by not forcing them to be Exalted good (Something a LOT of DM's punish willfully.) to get the ability, and by saving them a feat they can now invest in something else. For a Sorcerer or a Beguiler or a Binder, that's nothing special. For a Bard, that is HUGH! BTW, the fact that it's HUGH is also why it's a Capstone.
    Hmm. I do like this. I could even make the class require a bit of investment so it couldn't be entered until later like with other PRCs, and so getting that as a capstone would be fairly reasonable. And the class itself still works even for non-bards. Though, I will make a note that it doesn't stack with Words of Creation.

However, advancing all bard features in addition to what it gives you seems a little too strong. Just my personal opinion.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2011-10-15 at 07:17 PM.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Barbarian in the Playground

could you do a nightmare monster class?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuulvheysoon
    The Underlord, you are clearly awesome.
    Current avatar by TinyMushroom
    Online gaming stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    Steam profile: Triginomicon
    Smite IGN:JoJoMCFroYo

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, ok. I remembered they got it in Savage species, not sure if there listed as getting it in SRD off the top of my head, and I'm going to be soon so not much time to check I'm afraid.

And yes, make a note that it doesn't stack with Words of Creation. The idea is one or the other so that you have role play options, not one then the other for a Tim Allen more power approach.

And as for the spell casting, maybe just make it so it advances Bard spell casting then? Or just advances Spell casting in general? Couple with slightly higher requirements so that it comes out more like a PRC then a base class and it won't be too broken.
    "I Burn!"

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    Could you do a nightmare monster class?
    Yes, I could.

And as for the spell casting, maybe just make it so it advances Bard spell casting then? Or just advances Spell casting in general? Couple with slightly higher requirements so that it comes out more like a PRC then a base class and it won't be too broken.
    Given all the other stuff a bard would get going through this theoretical modification, I just don't think it really needs spellcasting too.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, just a though. =)
    "I Burn!"

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, just a though. =)
    Which I very much appreciate.