New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,488 of 1488
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OOC 24: Babysitters Apply Within

Oh dear, that sounds terrible, TechnoScrabble! I hope you make it through this all right. Stay strong!

And, in long overdue response to C'Nor's reply to me, my refugees aren't really connected to anything already happening within the Nexus, and could be fit in most places.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay. Well, in that case, I'd be willing to help out with getting them in.

Also, is Xalicus still around to make the magitech? VampireRot has continued that plot with the sleepless NPC.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Dwarf in the Playground

No problem C’nor we believe we found them, just need to follow them backwards. Always liked reverse storytelling.

@Slii Arhem, yes those two being very close in personality is intentional the plan is to have them mostly always working together so the link will stay strong with them. Any idea on how to fix the confusion problem?
    We love plural first person personal pronouns.
    Rejoice in the bosom of white text our child.
    Avatar by Gnomish Wanderer! (::) invisible cookies (::)

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Barbarian in the Playground

I guess the only part that tripped me up was the "exactly the same" bit. In my head I pictured a bunch of stepford quintuplets, until I read their individual descriptions and realised each was more akin to a humanoid kiddie-elemental. Realistically, it's not an issue, but if you still want to change it, I'd go with something like, "Apart from what they're composed of, each body has roughly the same shape." That's just an example, whatever you end up with is more than fine.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Dwarf in the Playground

That’s more than likely what we’ll change it to. And just a bit more clarification on Dusty and Gravel, Dusty will be more likely to help after you beg him for days or your life is in danger, Gravel truly doesn’t care and just fallows Dusty around.

6. - Top - End - #1476

Hey, glad I could be of service. On an unrelated note, Stepford Quintuplets and Kiddie Elemental would make awesome band names now that I think about it.

Also, seeing as how this is the first time I've interacted with you, I have to ask. Are we the royal We, or are we We the People? We guess what we're asking is do we talk amongst ourselves, or think too highly of our noble Bearing? If you could clarify that for us, it'd would make our collective days.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Ogre in the Playground

I believe, based on their comments when we met in the town of Dragonspire (before my unfortunate demise, of course), that they are more than one person, which seems to me why they expressed interest in the Triumvirate.

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Dwarf in the Playground

Indeed, we are a collective, though a mysterious ‘I’ speaks for us in the late hours of the night sometimes.

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Ogre in the Playground

I think that's all of you forming a single identity, separate from any individual, and also not the collective. But you're the only one who could confirm or deny that.

10. - Top - End - #1480

Sshhhh, be vewy vewy qwuiet, I'm being cheeky.

Although, speaking of the Triumverate, I really hope they weren't throwaway characters. Not just because I enjoyed the interaction, but because there's alot of potential for backstory hiding behind those sullen, silent, faceless, etcetera, recalcitrant and all around loveable people.

Edit: usourselve&we, are the rest of the collective going by the equally mysterious and enigmatic names of E,A,O,U and quite possibly Y?
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2011-10-03 at 09:26 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Ogre in the Playground

Nope, they weren't throwaways. I have plans for them, and I'm detailing their backstory in my head.

12. - Top - End - #1482

Wicked and gnarly, as is the vernacular. By the way, the link they submitted to has two flavors. By default it is just them being able to contact one of my characters in time of need, but an alternate version of the spell cast allows any of the original ten to see what happens to those linked constantly. It's up to you which one Waldorf cast, depending on whether or not your characters are doing ultra secret things that they don't want to be known to be doing.

With either version, none of the Fiskes have direct contact with their minds, so they can't just read thoughts through it. I didn't reveal it in character because I didn't think it would come up, but if they're sticking around there is a possibility it might.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2011-10-03 at 09:36 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hmm....

I'm considering either having a bunch of troll refugees show up in Riverside, introducing a ranger/barbarian/diplomat in Trog's, or having a eldritch evil worshipping, good aligned wendigo prowl the streets of Inside.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Edit: usourselve&we, are the rest of the collective going by the equally mysterious and enigmatic names of E,A,O,U and quite possibly Y?
    We see what you’re doing there, but as of right now only ‘I’ has made his presence known, the rest of us remain anonymous at this time.

edit: If there are no major problems the Trail quintets will be set loose in Mallside shortly (in a few hours or so).
    Last edited by usourselves&we; 2011-10-03 at 09:50 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1485
    Ogre in the Playground

Unpleasant? Possibly. Building a golem out of souls, for example. But not secret. So go ahead and have it be the second version.

Besides, they can always get creative with their speech. Storing memory fragments in something to build what they say, or other things related to their unique abilities.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2011-10-03 at 09:42 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1486

Quote Originally Posted by usourselves&we View Post
    We see what you’re doing there, but as of right now only ‘I’ has made his presence known, the rest of us remain anonymous at this time.
    AnOnYmoUs? So E is in absentia? Or perhaps E is I is interchangeable? No matter, if you all can keep your anonymity, I shall withdraw my animosity. Yet more to my anonymous friends I wish the most eponymous ends.

Your's antonymously
    Sign Here
    The Erroneous Allez-vousons

17. - Top - End - #1487
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Okay. Well, in that case, I'd be willing to help out with getting them in.

Also, is Xalicus still around to make the magitech? VampireRot has continued that plot with the sleepless NPC.
    Thanks. Xalicus is currently completely lost in Mallside since he hasn't figured out how to get anywhere in the Nexus yet, but I could fish him out quite easily.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

18. - Top - End - #1488
    Troll in the Playground

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody