New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World

[School]
    The Gym

Seeing his friend's bout of indecision at Valeria's beginning transformation, Nakahiro heads over to Kaito's side, his eyes never leaving the hollow or the other fighters.

"Kaito. We don't know what's happening to her. We do know, by the looks of it, that she can't move. That makes her vulnerable. Want to help her? Make sure that thing doesn't get near her."
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Titan in the Playground

Kina Yoshimoto - The Gym

At Ken's hand, Kina hesitates, then reaches out and lets herself be lifted to her feet. She seems a bit wobbly at first, but she doesn't have all that much time to steady herself.

Kina watches as the scene unfolds. At first, she is unsurprised by the approaching beast, but then her eyes seem to widen and she falls into a crouching position, hands over her head. She rolls quickly to the side, dodging the basketballs and baseballs now flying though the air. When she reaches the sports closet, she opens the door, shoves out the basketball rack, and hides, watching the exchange through a crack in the door.

You could help...but do you want to? Do you want to be seen? What would your grandfather say if you were found out? There are threats out there. It's not safe to just parade around. And you can't defend yourself...

She watches and waits, unable to do anything to help.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Ogre in the Playground

Sayaka

Sayaka's warning to Michiko was a distraction, but as the hollow came upon her and spoke, she grimaced and changed her hand signs.

I'll never make it!

Before she could finish her seal, and before the hollow hit her, Michiko tackled Sayaka, and the hollow's attack missed. If only a little.
    Sayaka tried to focus despite the pain and uncomfortably close Michiko.

"Kakusan Kousen!"

She yelled but muffled by Michiko. A flash of light might blind the hollow for a second. And now she had to get up. And get Michiko off.

And then Takara and Ken attacked into it, while Sayaka tried to separate from Michiko.

Erima

"Now is our chance!" Erima's voice is focused and echoes with dangerous, but excited energy to Takara.

The arm-like scarf was dark and seemed to burn a haze-like fog glow around it.

A nightmare, an unknown blur, unnatural- supernatural. It was youkai. And with terrible speed Erima attacked in a way one might think a snake. But a snake who would with seemingly effortlessness shred wood.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Titan in the Playground

Just as Sayaka escapes, something strikes the Hollow in the back of the head, hard. It feels almost like a water balloon burst against his skin.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-09-14 at 09:52 AM.

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Ettin in the Playground

The Janitor grunts and squints when the light hits his other eye - and then howls in pain when Erima bites into his knee. Enraged, he reaches for the Yokai scarf to tear it off with its right hand, but then something hits him in the head and he falters, almost falling down on Sayaka and Michiko?

"Who dares?", he shouts, and sweeps backwards with a long arm thick as a small tree, possibly hitting Ken. He also belches more bad smelling smoke on Sayaka and Michiko as the struggles to get back up, leaning on his other arm.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Titan in the Playground

As the janitor turns to shout he is met by a barrage of bluish energy bolts which explode on impact. As he had his mouth open pretty wide... the result is obvious. As he coughs and splutters, he catches a glimpse of a silhouette passing over his head through the smoke.

The basketball hoop creaks and flexes under a white boot. There is a girl standing on it with pink hair, cat ears and a tail, wearing a strange costume. She points a heart-shaped wand at the Hollow with a confident grin.

Inside Ayase is shaking. My classmates are here! What if they recognise me?!
    Denden's mental voice frowns. Somehow. Stop shaking, Ayase-chan! A Warrior of Pure Love must never let others judge her, but rely on the power of her heart! <3 With your Armor of Love they'll never recognise you anyway. Now show that Akumushi who's boss!
    Maybe it's just the Doll's words, or maybe their bond allowed some of her enthusiasm to seep though, but Ayase manages to calm down.
    Great, Ayase-chan! Now like we rehearsed!

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    "Who dares?"
    "I am..."
    Er, Denden, who am I?
    Ara... Ayase-chan, let me handle this. She feels control of her body drift away.
    "...the soul that pierces the sky! My love alone will protect this entire town, nay, the entire world if it has to! Face the seriousness of your crimes, and despair nya! For in the name of pure-hearted maidens everywhere, I WILL PUNISH YOU!! I am the Warrior of Love, HEART ANGEL!"
    As she strikes a pose, her eyebrow twitches slightly. Um, that was... really something. -_-'

{OOC: On recognising Ayase}
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ayase currently has different eye and hair colour (and an ahoge ). Her ears change the shape of her head, apart from being a distraction in themselves.

Plus she's acting completely out of character. It's very possible that even students who note a resemblance will deny that this could possibly be her.

EDIT: Added Kuro's speech
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-09-14 at 03:39 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    "I am..." Er, Denden, who am I?
    "...Ayase?"

Kaito blinked in confusion. Different clothes, ears, and a tail, plus pink hair, but...it looked just like her! And Ayase had disappeared just before they ended up here.

"What happened to you?"
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Orc in the Playground

...the soul that pierces the sky! My love alone will protect this entire town, nay, the entire world if it has to! Face the seriousness of your crimes, and despair! For in the name of pure-hearted maidens everywhere, I WILL PUNISH YOU!! I am the Warrior of Love, HEART ANGEL!"
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Ettin in the Playground

Reene, her Office, with the security recorders.

"Is that Ayase? What is she wearing and what is she blathering about?"

"Why did she say nya?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    "...Ayase?"

Kaito blinked in confusion. Different clothes, ears, and a tail, plus pink hair, but...it looked just like her! And Ayase had disappeared just before they ended up here.

"What happened to you?"
    "A- Ayase? Who's that, nya?" <_<

"Now's not the time nya. I must defeat this Akumushi!"
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-09-14 at 03:35 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    "A- Ayase? Who's that, nya?" <_<

"Now's not the time nya. I must defeat this Akumushi!"
    Kaito blinked.

His was the face of a young man who was baffled by the sight in front of him.

"You didn't get amnesia or something, did you? And Sayaka just called it a Hollow. How the heck many names are there?"

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Ogre in the Playground

Seeing that their enemy was far from invulnerable Ken decided to continue his offensive and take advantage of the cover fire that had been provided by Ayase and Sayaka. He narrowly ducked under the Janitor's arm and lunged forward again with his hands held at face level. This time he aimed to interpose himself between the hollow and his two struggling classmates. He did his best to ignore the smoke assaulting his senses and pressed up close to the center of the monster while unleashing a barrage of blows to its abdomen. He hoped his efforts might finish toppling the beast and give the others ample time to get away as it righted itself.

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Ettin in the Playground

Principal's Office, Reene and Gralster

"What is an Akumushi?"

"I think she might be refering to the janitor, perhaps it is how she calls us hollows."

"Well, it does not fit the majority."

"It fits us."

"True, my queen."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Titan in the Playground

They don't stand a chance against this thing. That girl is so scared she's trying to fight with a scarf! I have to defeat it quickly!

Oh no, Ken!

Ayase attempts to save the harmless bystander by launching a flying kick against the beast.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-09-14 at 04:45 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Ettin in the Playground

The Janitor coughs and foams in pain as Ken hammers his abdomen, but manages to wrench himself back to his feet regardless, and retches some more smoke directly on the young pugilist's face. Stomping the floor with his feet, the vengeful ghost turns to face Ayase, mad eyes shooting a piercing glare at her as she lands a kick against its bulk. "Yer daft", he says bluntly before swinging his arm towards the magical girl...

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Two baseballs fly direct at The Janitor's mask, going about 100mph.

Two basketballs, going almost as fast, are aimed at the arm headed for Ayase.

Kaito is still standing next to Val, right hand outstretched towards the beast, a frown on his face.

His left arm is held straight out to the side, palm up...with a half dozen baseballs orbiting above the palm.

"Ayase, please try to work with us in this. It's pretty difficult already."

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Orc in the Playground

[Gymnasium]

Two shots of black energy with a purple glow shoot from the cocoon of darkness Valeria seemed to be trapped in, aiming for the janitor's back.

((They're basically bala.))

A moment later, the blackness clears like smoke to reveal Valeria... not quite as changed as Ayase, but wearing a bone mask over her eyes and nose, and with the same blackened eyes of the 'Akumushi'. She holds her hand out, palm outstretched, bracing her arm with the other, and a noticeable heat distortion emanates from her form.

As she speaks, it seems raspy, with an echo... but is somehow unmistakable as Valeria. "Leave us alone! We didn't do anything wrong!"

Focus.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2010-09-14 at 09:06 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Ettin in the Playground

Michiko

Michiko's side explodes in pain as the shimmer's tendril smacks into her, landing heavily atop Sayaka even as her cold blue eyes squeeze shut tightly as she hisses in pain.

What the hell was that?! Ugh...

Despite her somewhat...awkward placement atop Sayaka and the fact many of the students who didn't know Michiko very well considered her a delicate flower, the delinquent 'princess' was quickly pulling herself up and off her fellow student. Nothing had broken, luckily, but it had been a near thing and her pale, pretty features are contorted with pain even as one hand gingerly cups her side.

Something was so very wrong with...well...everything. Several younger students were displaying extraordinary powers, something she'd normally be thrilled about, but then this shimmer seemed truly dangerous. But they were...fighting it? Never mind what Ayase was wearing, this was way too much to process...Sayaka seemed like the lynchpin though...

"...Sayaka, do you need time?"
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Ettin in the Playground

The soulless mask of the Janitor cracks and his head jerks to the side as the balls strike him. His army is unfortunately unswayed by them... but the blasts of blackened energy throw him off, causing him to stumble about, flailing wildy. Howling, he tries to grab Ayase and throw her at Valeria...

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    "Ayase, please try to work with us in this. It's pretty difficult already."
    "I told you, I'm not Ayase nyaaaaaaah!" Her attack fails rather spectacularly as the Hollow grabs her by the leg and throws her into the wall.

Ken's doing better than I am. That's just not right... As she lies upside-down, she sees a spark crackle along her wand. This Akumushi is the strongest one so far. Please be enough.
    Coming to her feet she points her wand at the Hollow and shouts "Get out of the way, Go!"
    A large ball of energy fires from her wand with a fwap, the force almost knocking her off her feet. Ken dodges easily, but the Hollow is struck, a cocoon of the stuff trapping a leg and arm and pinning it in place.

Wait, that black stuff is attacking it? But then where did it come from?
    Not now, Ayase-chan! Call your finishing move, Blossoming Heart: Miracle Shine!
    Right, I... "Hang on a second" the annoyed catgirl shouts apparently to thin air. I thought it was supposed to be 'Miracle Heart Style, Beautiful Counter'?

*crack*

Well, um, you see...
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    A moment later, the blackness clears like smoke to reveal Valeria... not quite as changed as Ayase, but wearing a bone mask over her eyes and nose, and with the same blackened eyes of the 'Akumushi'. She holds her hand out, palm outstretched, bracing her arm with the other, and a noticeable heat distortion emanates from her form.

As she speaks, it seems raspy, with an echo... but is somehow unmistakable as Valeria. "Leave us alone! We didn't do anything wrong!"

Focus.
    "Whoa, what the hell nya?"

*CRACK*

A roar comes from behind her. While she was distracted, the janitor had taken the opportunity to break free from her attack.
    <Mild profanity>, that used up most of my energy.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-09-14 at 07:56 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Ogre in the Playground

With the hollow's attention directed elsewhere Ken backed away and let out a series of hacking coughs as he brushed the smoke away from his face. If he couldn't knock it down one way he'd simply have to try another. After putting substantial distance between them and clearing his vision Ken charged the janitor with a shoulder tackle to its backside forsaking any chance of maintaining his balance to put forth the maximum amount of force he could muster.

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Kaito's frowned deepened at Ayase's antics.

"Ayase, you're not fooling anyone. Now why don't you try working with us, instead of playing lone hero?"

Three baseballs fly towards the face of the Hollow once more, matching speed of the earlier projectiles.

Kaito then looks towards Val, a bit of concern on his face.

"Are you doing okay over there, Valeria? Nice mask, at any rate."

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Orc in the Playground

[Gymnasium]

Valeria manages a slight smile. "I'm f-fine... thanks... we don't have time for conversation, though." She turns her gaze back to the janitor. She couldn't fire many of those blasts without draining energy... she needed to find some way to...

You do have other abilities...

...huh?

Focus. Find what was always within you. What you hold dear to you...

What do you mean? I don't understand!

Focus.

Cursing slightly, Valeria backs away, trying to find a weak spot, or something...
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Sora laughs.

"Bull. You're always going for the angle Yoko. Why chat with me? I'm sure as hell not the best choice to pump for information. And stop glancing at the damn windows. You look like you're gonna try and jump through them."
    A blank stare greets Sora followed by Yoko shaking her head. "Why would I jump out of a first story window with a door right there?" She points at the door. "Oh, and I chose you because I'm secretely in love with you, Sora-kun. I've always loved you. You complete me!" Still no signs of joking. Centuries of sarcasm will give you a damn good poker face.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Ettin in the Playground

[School]

Few more balls strike the Janitor's mask, cracking the white bone even further and mauling the dummy face unrecognizable. Howling, he lifts his lanky arms to shield his face - that's when Ken smashes against his back.

The Janitor is forced to take a step forward to retain balance - his feet miss Sayaka and Michiko by barely a foot. Behind his hands, tears are starting to form in the ghost's eyes. Oh, the humiliation! The pain! How cruel these kids are, kicking and punching and biting him, who had so diligently worked to keep the school in good condition for them!

Surelym the would now murder him - beat his corpse, and then devour him, in their last act of mockery. Such merciless creatures. His afterlife would come to a quick and pitiful end. Oblivion is calling... maybe he will find some solace in it...

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Titan in the Playground

Denden... please... what. Val just turned into an Akumushi!

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Orc in the Playground

Don't say stupid things. Look, she doesn't have a hole in her body. She may have powers like theirs, but she's not attacking anyone else besides the Akumushi that struck first, right?"
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    A blank stare greets Sora followed by Yoko shaking her head. "Why would I jump out of a first story window with a door right there?" She points at the door. "Oh, and I chose you because I'm secretely in love with you, Sora-kun. I've always loved you. You complete me!" Still no signs of joking. Centuries of sarcasm will give you a damn good poker face.
    Sora growled. It sounded almost... feral. Dangerous even.

"Look, I'm not really enjoying your whole sarcasm thing. Can you just cut to the chase, and tell me what you want?"
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Ogre in the Playground

Erima

"...Our classmates are..." Even behind Erima's voice, there is the same surprise and curiosity Takara had heard many times- the first time when Takara put a headband on her, or when ate ice cream. Surely it was a surprise so many of the students had some ability.

"Is that...a...ghost cat? It can't be-" Erima was obviously concerned about Ayase, but maybe for a reason of thinking 'why is a bakeneko pink?' But to be a scarf changing colors and pattern at Takara's desire, maybe such a concern was meaningless and could be said later.

Erima was with Takara, and together they were in harmony. Takara was very fast and skilled. And Erima was with her, to strike at the hollow whenever have an opening. The Hollow tried to defend itself after the attacks of the students, and so Erima struck at the other leg.

"Watch out for it's arms. It's very strong." To mean the Hollow, not the cat.

Sayaka

The fight was going better than Sayaka had hoped. But it was still dangerous. She appeared from the smoke, running away from the hollow to find a good distance. She had to end this soon.

"The mask! That's the only way to defeat one!" She shouted to the others. Then she realized Michiko had asked her something. It was easy to be distracted and focused on other things.
    "Michiko, it's dangerous here. I-I have to get a seal on it's face. Maybe a bow. I don't know. All I have are a few talisman now. This space is protected, but this can't continue."

Someone will become hurt.

Either get to a safe distance or go help them Michiko. I can take care of myself." Sayaka said. Maybe it was more defensive than she meant, though to think Michiko had awkwardly tackled her, it was an embarrassing thought.

Maybe because Sayaka had more confidence and hope now that pride seemed to return a little. But if Michiko had been hurt because of her.... Then Sayaka had to apologize and help heal her later.

Sayaka pulled the last three talisman out.

She hoped that it would work to end this. But she didn't know how she was going to get them onto the mask.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Two baseballs fly at high speed towards' the creature's mask.

One baseball flies at the knee of the leg Erima/Takara aren't attacking.

Already, a smattering of various sports balls is orbiting Kaito. The boy seems to be holding up alright, though there are signs of stress beginning to show on his face.