New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Futurama WW - Day 7

Futurama WW: Episode 1 The Matron Menace

Narrator: Diva De / Co-narrator: Lex-kat

It is the 31st century in New New York City. The future is now! Flying cars, space ships, robots with artificial intelligence, a diverse culture smattered with mutants and alien species - we have it all! Nixon's head in a jar is the president of Earth, and life is (for the most part) good.

MomCorp is the thirtieth century's largest shipping and manufacturing company, with a monopoly on robots. Everyone knows Mom as a kind, loving matriarch, with her full skirts and wrinkly smiles. Why - she even has her own holiday! All the robots of the world owe their existence to her and her company's hard work.

...or do they? It seems that the inhabitants of Nintenduu 64 claim that Mom stole THEIR hard work! They hire Planet Express, Earth's cheapest (and least insured) delivery service to bring them a sampling of Earth robots so that they can study them and prove, once and for all, that Mom stole their technology.

Mom would lose BILLIONS and her company would be ruined! So of course she can't let that happen. Mom uses her robot army to surround the planet, setting up a blockade, determined to save face at any cost.

Welcome! You will be playing as either Planet Express trying to get the parts and robots to Nintenduu 64, the Neutrals trying to make it through another day, MomCorp out to protect its interests, or your everyday Earthican* hoping robots don't destroy the world.

The roles!
    PLANET EXPRESS (Team Good)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Professor Farnsworth (Smeller*) "That evil robot Santa can't get to us here, unless any of us are stupid enough to leave this house. In a related matter, you'll all be delivering a sack of children's letters directly to Santa at his death fortress on Neptune."- Hubert J. Farnsworth (the Professor) is an old, old, OLD man in his hundred-and-sixties. The founder of Planet Express, he created the company to fund his work as a mad scientist and inventor. Something of senile genius, the Professor is as likely to babble nonsense and drool as he is to offer up helpful information. Still, his inventions, like the Smell-o-Scope, have their uses.

Phillip J. Fry (Dumb Luck*) "Pizza delivery for...I. C. Weiner. Aww... I always thought by this stage in my life I'd be the one making the crank calls."- Fry is a clumsy, good-hearted delivery guy in his 20's. While delivering a pizza on New Year's Eve 1999, he accidentally fell into a cryogenic pod and was revived in the 31st century. He works for Planet Express as he grows used to this (very) strange new world.

Turanga Leela (Sniper*) "You mean those giant brains are making everyone on Earth stupid? Oooooooooooh. Stupid-ER."- Leela is a one-eyed mutant and the captain of Planet Express. With her impressive fighting and flying skills, she seems the obvious choice for the job despite her lack of depth perception.

Bender (Extra Tough*) "Game's over, losers! I have all the money. Compare your lives to mine and then kill yourselves."- Bender Bending Rodriguez is a lazy, drunken robot given to theft and scams instead of work. He claims to hate all humans and generally treats them with disdain, but occasionally shows a genuine concern for Fry. Because meatbags are useful, of course.

Nibbler (Night Baner) "We live long and are celebrated poopers."- Nibbler, a Nibblonian, is Leela's pet. He poops dark matter and eats creatures far larger than himself, usually in a single gulp. Catlike and cute, his true nature as a member of the oldest species in the universe and a powerful telepath is hidden.

Amy Wong (Lover*) "Hey, let's go car shopping! My parents said if I got all B's they'd buy me a bar. And I got all C's!"- Amy is a rich, shallow, spoiled brat from Mars, heiress to a ranching fortune. She is a long-term intern at Planet Express, supposedly kept around because she shares the Professor's blood type. She is klutzy and promiscuous...at least until she meets the right man.

NEUTRALS
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hermes Conrad (Mason) "Like my granny used to say back in her tar paper shack on Montego Bay, 'If you want a box thrown into the sun, you got to do it yourself.' God rest her zombie bones"- Hermes is the workaholic Jamaican bureaucrat who keeps Planet Express in compliance. Paperwork, insurance, regulations - that's his field. He could easily be assigned to another company, but as long as he's here, he's gonna work!
    Scruffy (Mason) "Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived." [Turns page of Zero-G Juggs magazine.]- Scruffy the janitor is just here to do his job. Scruffy doesn't really know the crew, and they don't really know him. He's just there to clean up their messes - and look at nudey magazines.
    Dr. Zoidberg (Mason) "Fry, it's been years since medical school, so remind me. Disembowelling in your species: fatal, or non-fatal?"- Dr. Zoidberg is a lobster-esque alien from Decapod 10. Clearly inept at his job, unable to tell genders apart and frequently confusing organs - all this makes him PERFECT for Planet Express. If everyone dies, he'll move on, but as long as they're around and they have food...
    URL (Peace Officer 1*) "I'm gonna get twenty-fourth century on his ass."- URL is basically a 70's soul brother inhabiting the body of a Peace Officer-bot. He makes up half of the local peace officer team and uses a lot of cliche' phrases while he beats people with his nightstick.
    Smitty (Peace Officer 2*) "You're under arrest for child endangerment, depriving children of food, selling children as food, and misrepresenting the weight of livestock!"- Smitty makes up the human half of the Peace Officers. Like his partner, he too likes to beat people copiously, but his arms CAN get tired.
    Kif Kroker (Lover*) "Fonfon Ru means 'one who doesn't sleep with my superior officer.' That's the literal translation!"- Kif Kroker is a quiet, squishy, amphibious alien who serves under Zapp Brannigan as his fourth lieutenant. He is shy, but very romantic. As well, he seems to be the only one who realizes what a chump Zapp is all the time. If only he could find true love...

Zapp Brannigan (Fool) "If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?"- Zapp Brannigan has SOMEHOW made it to the rank of captain. He is arrogant, stupid, and brash. He thinks only of himself - and women. Considering himself something of a Casanova, he makes sure to wear his uniform short to show off his legs.

MOM-CORP (Team Evil)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mom (Alpha*) "I'm off to some charity BS for knocked-up teenage sluts."- On the surface, Mom is a kind, gentle elderly woman, the creator of all robots, and a matronly benefactor. With her wide skirts, rocking chair, and wrinkles, she has created an image of idealism. Behind the scenes, she is thin, greedy, and nasty. Mom is out to make the most money possible, by any means necessary. She was once married to Professor Wernstrom, but has always been in love with Professor Farnsworth.

Professor Wernstrom (Seer) "I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: an A-minus-minus!"- Professor Ogden Wernstrom is the not-so-bitter rival of Professor Farnsworth. In 2900, the Professor gave Wernstrom an A- for sloppy penmanship, and Wernstrom has spent the last 100 years attempting to exact revenge.

Walt (Wolf) "My God! This Mr. Fry must be a mastermind of the highest order!"- The oldest of Mom's sons, he idolizes her and hopes to marry a woman just like her. He also seems to be the unspoken leader of the three, exacting punishments on his brothers.

Larry (Wolf) ""Your laugh...it's so...infectious..."- Larry is the sniveling middle child, constantly apologizing and cringing.

Igner (Wolf) "Can I wear your fat suit?"- Igner is the youngest of the three sons, and seems to be the slowest mentally. He is not as articulate as his brothers, and addresses Mom as "Mommy".

Q.T. McWhiskers (Extra Tough, Wolf)- Professor Farnsworth's prize invention while at MomCorp, this cat toy shot rainbows from its eyes. Mom, however, decided to weaponize it, causing the Professor to leave the company and break up with her.

The role explanations
    Spoiler
    Show
    ~Smeller - the same as Seer, but the professor uses his Smell-o-Scope to detect someone's true identity

~Dumb Luck - Fry can be lynched just like anyone else, but if targeted for a night kill, he has a 50% chance to survive it

~Sniper - night kill ability, usable every 3 nights

~Extra Tough - thanks to a “shiny metal ass”, harder to kill (requires 2 extra votes to lynch)

~Lover - each lover, in their search for their partner, gets a nightly scry, but it only reveals whether or not that person is the other lover, once they find each other, they may share a scry every 2 nights, if one lover is auto'd the other survives but cannot scry

~Peace Officer - the police force is made up of two members, who SHARE the ability to day bane. As long as both are alive, they must agree or no one is protected, can send in target during night phase or during first 24 hours of day phase

~Alpha - Mom is the leading producer of robots worldwide, thus she is able to control them every so often using a master programming code. Every 3 days, Mom can make ALL robots vote the way she wants them to (Bender, URL, QT McWhiskers), scries as a Villager; MUST PM ROBOT VOTES DURING NIGHT PHASE BEFORE IT TAKES EFFECT

~Earthican - Villager

As a note - this game is NOT for SRS BZNZ! This game is for fun and silliness. So, NO ANTI-FUN LOGIC IN-THREAD. Also, RP IS ENCOURAGED! This is a fun setting with great characters and plenty of room to grow. I'll definitely run more in the future if interest is here. Standard 3-day-in-a-row autolynching.

PLAYER LIST (11/24)
    Spoiler
    Show
    lostlittlebear - replaced by Aemoh
    Internet Flea - Killed Night 1, Kif (Lover)
    TheFieryTower - Killed Night 3, Earthican
    Murska - Lynched Day 2, Nibbler
    Robert Blackletter
    Zar Peter - Killed Night 1, Amy (Lover)
    RabbitHoleLost - Killed Night 4, Hermes (Mason)
    Lady Tialait
    VampireRot - Lynched Day 1, Zoidberg (Mason)
    Aemoh - Killed Night 2, Earthican AL replacement
    The Bushranger - Lynched Day 3, Larry (Wolf)
    Philistine
    otakuryoga - Lynched Day 5, Fry
    Dallas Dakota
    Sanity702 - Lynched Day 4, Earthican
    rakkoon
    amy22 - Killed Night 5, Professor Farnsworth
    Indurain
    Mustiado - Killed Night 6, Smitty (Peace Officer)
    mangosta71
    Banjo1985
    Supagoof - Lynched Day 6, Earthican
    Orzel
    Mordokai
    Last edited by Diva De; 2010-10-19 at 04:01 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Little Fears banner by Crimmy
    Queen of Hearts avatar by Alarra

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Futurama WW - NOW RECRUITING!

I'll play, I guess. Just a bit over the "no logic in thread" rule. I know lots of people like to RP (me too!) but some of us like the logic too! And if you just want a freeform RP, why bother setting it up as a WW game?

WW Games I have won:
    Spoiler
    Show

Day of the Dead 2 - Doctor
    Monster Mash III - Zombie Alpha

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Avatar courtesy of the wonderful Strawberries

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

I suppose I'll join, though I should really cut back on these.
    "No logic" is going to be a problem though, especially since I'm so much better at throwing accusations around than I am at roleplaying.

4. - Top - End - #4

I'll join, because just last week I watched this about as nonstop as possible. All 4 of the seasons and the movies. All of them.

...Good news everyone! There's still another season for me to watch!
    Thanks goes to Vampire Pumpkin for my awesome avatar!

Formerly known as The Fiery Tower Formerly known as Catseye2121.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

I guess I'm in, though I'll be rather quiet.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

No logic? Yea I just might win
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Johel View Post
    Because utopia is a dream, humans are bastards and any attempt to really flesh out Neverland turns it into Battle Royal island, only with pirates, cannibal children, man-eating mermaids, sadistic Indians, nymphomaniac fairies and Godzilla with a ringing tummy.

I have a specific learning difficulty, if I misuse grammar, misspell or otherwise abuse the written word, forgive me

7. - Top - End - #7

Logic plays a part in WW games, sure, but I just don't want the thread to get bogged down in it. If you want to make an accusation in thread, I don't want there to be a WALL O TEXT to explain it - make it silly and fun.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diva De View Post
    Logic plays a part in WW games, sure, but I just don't want the thread to get bogged down in it. If you want to make an accusation in thread, I don't want there to be a WALL O TEXT to explain it - make it silly and fun.
    Can I make a completely illogical Wall-o-Text explanation?

9. - Top - End - #9

If it makes people laugh/smile, sure. Illogical logic is the best kind.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'M IN!!!!!!

I hope there is enough SNU-SNU ingame
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground

If it makes people laugh/smile, sure. Illogical logic is the best kind.
    I'm not sure about laughing/smiling. I think it inspires more head-tilting and brow-furrowing.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

IN IN SO IN IN caps lock =D

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

So Friggin In!

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

Good news everyone! I'm in!
    Last edited by VampireRot; 2010-09-11 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

15. - Top - End - #15
    Pixie in the Playground

In, says I.

Not like I've ever been held back by a lack of logic before

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Yay!!! In as Co-Narrator, who hopefully never has to Co-Narrate.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

I am in.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

18. - Top - End - #18

*pets Lexy*
    Silly pixie. If you aren't comfortable with it, you can just do updates and leave the fluff to me and Gryffon. He's my unofficial cleverness coordinator.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Bring on the SRS BZNZ!

Phil the Piratical Platypus avatar by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

*pets Lexy*
    Silly pixie. If you aren't comfortable with it, you can just do updates and leave the fluff to me and Gryffon. He's my unofficial cleverness coordinator.
    *Nods* Was my plan the whole time.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

i must be in this since im doin the futurama heal/hurt
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

INNNNNNN!

My kind of game, no wall o logic texts but the main logic being there is silleh logic!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

23. - Top - End - #23

NecromancerGirl

a game that requires no logic?!?!?!? COUNT ME IN!
    I am alive!

It has been a very very long time.

24. - Top - End - #24

So Llama logic is acceptable? Then I'm in.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    "Leave my Rakkoon alone!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    What shall I say to thee, rakkoon, thou cruel,
    Ingrateful, savage and inhuman creature,
    That knewst the very bottom of my soul,
    That almost mightst have coined me into gold
    Wouldst thou have practiced on me for thy use?
    Supa Songs about me

Thanks to Elder Tsofu for the banner and Rowsen for the avvie!

25. - Top - End - #25

Pre-game RP is also allowed and smiled upon by the narrator.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

I'd love to play if there's room. I am new to this forum though so I don't mind if its a problem.

27. - Top - End - #27

No problem at all. Welcome!
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

"The time of reckoning is upon us.....I reckon."

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

PH1L-15-71N3 lazily scans the busy street below. Another day, another dollar. Except that I'm not getting paid. Of course. And don't know what I'd spend money on if I had any. Bet I could think of something, though. With a grim mental chuckle, he waits for the seconds to count down to the official beginning of rush hour. Okay... okay.. and... NOW! It's oh-so-satisfying to go red in all four directions at once, especially when traffic volume is high. Oh yeah! If I was getting paid, I could have cable run in here. Then I wouldn't have to find ways to amuse myself - like this. Suckers. I told me I could think of something, the AI traffic light thinks, filled with malicious glee.

Phil the Piratical Platypus avatar by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

Dibs on- ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!
    Last edited by VampireRot; 2010-09-13 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters