New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XL: The Plot Thickens!

Back from yet another trip to yet another new thread?!?!
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #122
    Firbolg in the Playground

Season finale
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wait a second... Twilight's older brother and heir to the family is marrying a royal. The second is pushed aside for a life filled with study (although she appears to have wanted that anyway). It seems like Twi has been keeping her family connections a secret.

Why didn't you tell me you were a noble, Twilight, I would have made SOOO MANY DRESSES.

I, uh...

You don't have any other siblings do you darling *bats eyes*
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2012-03-23 at 07:05 PM.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

Season Finale
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shining Armor does look hypnotized at one point, though it could just be the angle/lightning/something.

I'm Hoping Cadence is the villain. The only way I'd be happy with it being Discord is if he's Cadence. That'd actually be pretty cool, and that's probably saying a bit considering I don't like Discord. Maybe it's because I like the prospect of Cadence even less.

Clones are cool, though (depending on why there are clones). Didn't see that coming that's for sure.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Season Finale
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shining Armor does look hypnotized at one point, though it could just be the angle/lightning/something.

I'm Hoping Cadence is the villain. The only way I'd be happy with it being Discord is if he's Cadence. That'd actually be pretty cool, and that's probably saying a bit considering I don't like Discord. Maybe it's because I like the prospect of Cadence even less.

Clones are cool, though (depending on why there are clones). Didn't see that coming that's for sure.
    Spoiler
    Show
    It is incredibly unlikely Cadence is the villain, they have made multiple toys for this wedding, Hasbro wouldn't permit them to make her the villain.
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2012-03-23 at 07:18 PM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    It is incredibly unlikely Cadence is the villain, they have made multiple toys for this wedding, Hasbro wouldn't permit them to make her the villain.
    Spoiler
    Show
    There was a toy of NMM not long ago, wasn't there? I think I remember that. So... maybe? I'm just hopeful, because most of my other suspicions about the season finale are less positive.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    There was a toy of NMM not long ago, wasn't there? I think I remember that. So... maybe? I'm just hopeful, because most of my other suspicions about the season finale are less positive.
    Spoiler
    Show
    One toy being sold by only one retailer (Toys R' Us) and bundled with other toys does not equal an entire toy line.
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2012-03-23 at 07:25 PM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    One toy being sold by only one retailer (Toys R' Us) does not equal an entire toy line.
    But it's an indication that their attitude towards toys of villains may not be as poor after all. That they might actually allow it.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

So our title now has an entirely actual signinficance now doesn't it. Really ponythread you've outdone yourself. Right so:

Season Finale:
    Spoiler
    Show

-Inb4 NO PRINCESS OF THE NIGHT (Seriously Luna won't be there)

-Clones... we really never see it coming do we? Most likely solution: Twilight created the clones. They rebelled. All of them look like ponies. There are many copies.

-Those dresses I'm sorry, they ehh at best. Though at least a little subdued.

-The heck is Twilight doing on the altar next to her Bro is she the "Best Stallion" or something? Imma predict Twi's brother is either The Ace or more Adorkable then she is.

-So Bridlemaids poster, epic foreshadowing or EPIC FORESHADOWING?

-So Shining Armor is Captain of the Unicorn Guards?

-What do non-Unicorns do instead of wedding rings.. hoof bands, mane accessories, earrings?

9. - Top - End - #129

Spoiler
    Show
    Given what we saw of Nightmare Moon, Attack Of The Clones seems a bit too subtle for her. If they were dealing with Nightmare's return, she would probably do something more direct like assume direct control of Cadence/Twilight. It's probably either a new villain or Twilight botching some spell.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, this is less Nightmare Moon so much as the shadowy symboite that was away for the better part of two seasons. Crazy Luna was, lets face it, a wreck. The thing that got whats presumably a minor god-like being to let her in? We have little to no idea about, considering that most of the details about the whole thing is mostly fanon. However, solid images where something it was able to do, so who knows?

Also, on Discordance (heh)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Realy, no evidence of this exists. Most likely, it's a new villain, Candices fault, or a magical mishape in Twilights Labatory. I am going with Candice.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-03-23 at 07:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    So our title now has an entirely actual signinficance now doesn't it. Really ponythread you've outdone yourself. Right so:

Season Finale:
    Spoiler
    Show

-Inb4 NO PRINCESS OF THE NIGHT (Seriously Luna won't be there)
    Season Finale
    Spoiler
    Show
    No Luna is one of my concerns and one of the first things I thought when watching that clip. I bet she won't be there, but I really have to wonder why at this point. If they don't include her at this point, in a freakin' royal wedding, I just don't know why...
    Last edited by Deadly; 2012-03-23 at 07:41 PM.

11. - Top - End - #131

New Episode
    Spoiler
    Show
    No Luna is one of my concerns and one of the first things I thought when watching that clip. I bet she won't be there, but I really have to wonder why at this point. If they don't include her at this point, in a freakin' royal wedding, I just don't know why...
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Princess of the Night enjoys Her Beauty Sleep!

Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-03-23 at 07:43 PM.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #132

Season Finale
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Plus it would give Luna a chance for completely appropriate ROYAL CANTERLOT VOICE

DEARLY BELOVED, WE ART GATHERED HERE
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Also, on Discordance (heh)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Realy, no evidence of this exists. Most likely, it's a new villain, Candices fault, or a magical mishape in Twilights Labatory. I am going with Candice.
    Yeah that idea is really silly in my book too. Classic case of what I was discussing in the last thread. Fans (really its not just bronies) love to take dangling strings then tie them together because of course that will be it! And occaisonally they might be right but if I've seen anything its that writers spend time expanding weaving in new threads not "perfectly" tying everything together in one convenient knot.

Season Finale
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ehh I'm going to go with something as lame as color contrasts and economy cast. For the first because A PRINCESS AS DARK AND BEAUTIFUL AS THE STARS attention grabbing pony design would need careful work to not stick out like a sore thumb at a bright and white wedding. Second because the writer's room likely said "But what will she do in the story?" and fumbled for an answer.

(Hah take that spoilers, I DEFY YOU!)

14. - Top - End - #134

Yeah that idea is really silly in my book too. Classic case of what I was discussing in the last thread. Fans (really its not just bronies) love to take dangling strings then tie them together because of course that will be it! And occaisonally they might be right but if I've seen anything its that writers spend time expanding weaving in new threads not "perfectly" tying everything together in one convenient knot.
    I call it the "Trixie issue". Basicly, they continualy pump out interesting charecters and locations that the fans willingly forget that are one-offs, and then attempt to shove in said charecters into every theory afterwords. Hence, ideas that Candence is Trixe and other silly, childish ideas. "ignores thread title"
    Show

15. - Top - End - #135
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Plus it would give Luna a chance for completely appropriate ROYAL CANTERLOT VOICE

DEARLY BELOVED, WE ART GATHERED HERE
    Spoiler
    Show
    If they did that I would love them forever. FOREVER
    The Dude pony avatar by http://supermatt314.deviantart.com/

16. - Top - End - #136

I call it the "Trixie issue". Basicly, they continualy pump out interesting charecters and locations that the fans willingly forget that are one-offs, and then attempt to shove in said charecters into every theory afterwords. Hence, ideas that Candence is Trixe and other silly, childish ideas. "ignores thread title"
    If she starts talking in third person you're in trouble.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #137

Quote Originally Posted by Bayonet Priest View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, that priest pony from H&HD is in the crowd, but yeah, luna leading the cerimony would be amazing.

If she starts talking in third person you're in trouble.
    Nah, it's when she starts speaking in rhyme:

I'm an evil enchantress
    I do evil dances
    And when he looked deep in my eyes
    I put him in trances
    Then what next will shall I do?
    I'll just mix up an evil brew
    And I'll gobble him up
    In a big tasty stew!
    On the other hand, a rhyming princess would be rather amusing.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-03-23 at 08:44 PM.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

Don't know that Trixie is the worst case, certainly she is vastly over-represented in fan works but in actual speculation... then again I don't like that particular pony and so tend to ignore whatever I see of her.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ido Nos View Post
    Back from yet another trip to yet another new thread?!?!
    Spoiler
    Show
    asdfghjk cuuute

Quote Originally Posted by Bayonet Priest View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bonus points for making it a princess bride reference somehow
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

Season Finale
    Spoiler
    Show
    Someone told Derpy to get some clouds to look nice for the marriage, Derpy misread that as clones. Alternatively, Rainbow Dash was actually the one that fouled up the spell, just to throw everyone off for once.

Dang it, and now I'm watching that four-part Phoenix Wright MLP crossover that was in the suggest videos. Now I'm never going to get to sleep.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

21. - Top - End - #141
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    Season Finale
    Spoiler
    Show
    Someone told Derpy to get some clouds to look nice for the marriage, Derpy misread that as clones. Alternatively, Rainbow Dash was actually the one that fouled up the spell, just to throw everyone off for once.

Dang it, and now I'm watching that four-part Phoenix Wright MLP crossover that was in the suggest videos. Now I'm never going to get to sleep.
    Pffft who needs sleep.
    Yeah because you turned out so well....
    Eyup.

22. - Top - End - #142

Don't know that Trixie is the worst case, certainly she is vastly over-represented in fan works but in actual speculation... then again I don't like that particular pony and so tend to ignore whatever I see of her.
    Are you kidding? I have seen a uncountable amount of suggestions from other sites that Candince is actualy her, or that the Flim-Flam brothers are her minons.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

Are you kidding? I have seen a uncountable amount of suggestions from other sites that Candince is actualy her, or that the Flim-Flam brothers are her minons.
    I know now... that is so stupid its just not sticking in my brain.
    Last edited by Soras Teva Gee; 2012-03-23 at 11:10 PM.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Season finale:
    Spoiler
    Show
    My bet is that the villain is a jilted lover of Candace's, and decides to make an evil clone of her, take the real one, and leave the clone(s). The Mane 6 intercept the spell, and...

25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground

Another Season Finale speculation quip:
    Spoiler
    Show
    At the end, with all the clones lined up together and after everything has been sorted out and even the clones are actually really nice, Twilight tells them all to say "cheese" so she can cast the de-clone spell and merge everypony back together. Just about everypony screams "cheese!" then all of the Fluttershies, a split second later, whisper-yell, "cheese!"
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

So on a whim I click on EqD's link to a podcast with Tara Strong. And now I'm only just starting to follow voice acting, so imagine my surprise when the I pick up that the host is Yakko Warner... oh Celestia my nostalgia hit the roof when Rob Paulsen said "Heeeellllooo Bronies!" in that voice among other things.

Check it out if you have time to kill, its over an hour in length.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground

Eh, Wakko was be-

I am now imagining a conversation between Wakko and Pinkie Pie.
    ---

28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

hmmmmm, it almost seems like this author was trying to write you a cautionary tale of warning Lix...
    http://www.fimfiction.net/story/16594/Shipping-Goggles

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    Eh, Wakko was be-

I am now imagining a conversation between Wakko and Pinkie Pie.
    and failing.. there is no way a conversation between those two would be comprehensible by a human brain
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

29. - Top - End - #149
    Bugbear in the Playground

Oh that's okay, I guess I wasn't going to sleep tonight then.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    asdfghjk cuuute
    I knowwwww, right? ^^

Hey! *points at lix* Did you see the [S] Discord thing I posted a few days back? You were like one of the people I specifically thought would love it, but I wasn't able to hang around to see if you saw ^^;;

30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    and failing.. there is no way a conversation between those two would be comprehensible by a human brain
    It includes all of the Lovecraftian horrors ever- existing and/or not- rolled up into a katamari, catapulted by a see-saw through a miniature golf course with a windmill made out of the pattern, which is being infinitely collapsed on itself to serve as a cherry being topped with the hottest hot sauce known to cartoondom, which is being served to a dying World Tree whilst Odin and Loki do a square dance to a medley beling played by a Jug Band family of Worzen to keep away Evil Otto from feasting on the source of all knowledge, which is hanging from a tuba, and I cannot stop thinking about this skejfgos ldfgpw whjqw sdvnx
    ---