New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] AMEN XLIV: Beware Falling Flowers

Zefir's Door

No sound comes out only smoke starts to reach the doorframe.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Zefir's Door -> Cybil's Room

"Alright." She turns to a nearby Mecha-Panther.

"Seal it up. I don't want anything ever opening that door again." Ilpholin says, directing it to use it's super glue liquid cement to cover the door copiously.

She then heads off. She actually has business to deal with and this childish behavior of Zefir's is wasteful.

Ilpholin heads to where Cybil is staying, looking for her. She's long overdue for a visit to Riverside.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-06-26 at 12:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Barbarian in the Playground

Zefir's Room
    The Mechano-Panther uses its liquid cement to seal the door up, covering it in 5 inch thick hardening cement.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

4. - Top - End - #154

Zefir's Room

Well there won't be anyone who wants to get out here either way. Zefir has something more worth to hide. Good that all the cams in this room are dead or not working anymore.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    BioLab
    Megan took another sip of her coffee.
    "Just a few more questions..."
    "What's your name and are ya hungry? You look a bit...scrawny. If you're going to be working for me, you're going to need the energy a proper nutritional diet will provide."
    For names... my title is the Great Varsika of the Hazen Realm, Devourer of Impurity. But you should call me something shorter.
    As for eating... I don't really eat the same way you do.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

6. - Top - End - #156

Cybil opens the door and looks curiously at Ilpholin, "Yes? Am I needed for anything?" She had no idea where Rot had gone and losing the only thing she was supposed to keep check on wasn't exactly ideal.

7. - Top - End - #157

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    For names... my title is the Great Varsika of the Hazen Realm, Devourer of Impurity. But you should call me something shorter.
    As for eating... I don't really eat the same way you do.
    BioLab
    "Then how do you eat?"
    She took a sip of her coffee again.
    Busy with Life

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

[BioLab]
    She shrugs.
    Kinda hard to explain... it's sort of an ambient energy thing...
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

9. - Top - End - #159

BioLab
    "Blah...okay..."
    "Anyways, I'm Megan. I run this lab. I used to have a partner named Seltz but I haven't seen her in like, months, so screw her."
    "So...do you have blood? I'd like to get a DNA sample..."
    Busy with Life

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

[BioLab]
    There is blood, but you better be careful around it.
    The woman shifts her position on the floor.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

11. - Top - End - #161
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Ilpholin's Office - The Hatteress]

"Soooooo.... they're basically just spaceships that are also airplanes, right?" Ilpholin doesn't exactly know what they are, to her chagrin.

"Do you own one?" Still sounds like it'd be a useful asset either way.

"That's a satisfactory exegesis of what crafts the classification 'starfighters' encompasses, I suppose."

The Hatteress dispassionately affirms, nodding softly in compliance with the attributes that she deems comprise a relaxed nod. Ilphy's perspicacity of Roxanne's time seems, to Roxanne, limited thanks to the concrete disconnect between their reputed tech levels or, for a more pinpoint isolation of what Roxanne believes to be the issue, a disjunction in the names of terms referring to specified technological items. She doubts that the average Nexusian's vernacular endorses cumbersome words that could never roll off the tongue regardless of how often practiced they were or are. Tachyon pulses are probably called subspace communications or something by the general populace of this realm, she thinks.

"I do have a starfighter, yes. I stowed it a kilometer or two from this location when I first arrived. The Hatter and I have been working on replicating organic ships I've smeared into the crust of planets via deceleration trauma, so those will be at our disposal once we're sure they're tolerably safe to release. They're tiny, but they're at least on par with their larger counterparts."

-------
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Main Room]

"Yeah, btu sadly he survived. After all I was able to kill some of his battel mages. They are a real mess. But it was exiting to feel how the last bit of magic fled from their bodies and disapeared into the whole vortex of magic surrounding us. Also I got to blew one up."

As he speaks a rising obsession came up. He really seems to enjoy this killing mages thing more then expected. Just by thinking of it Zefir sems to shake in exiting. His whole body starts to speak. The wings spread wide small flames at his mouth and the scales appear to shine in a bloodthirsty way. He barly keeps controll of himself. and then Clarissa asks a question and the whole thing fade away.

"Surgical bay? That doesn't sound nice. Isn't there a new hospital open we could head to?"
    [Main Room]

"Um..."

That was weird. Very, very weird, in fact. There's no question in Clarissa's mind that Zefir has serious, serious mental problems. Yes. She'll need to sort those out too. Can't have him running around goring unicorns and stepping on magical gnomes and all their supernatural kin. Wanton destruction and bloody slaughter is all well and good, until it becomes an obsession. Addiction obfuscates the mind's view of a situation, and then people start slipping up...

And no good can come out of someone slipping up in this particular profession.

"Yeah..."

"You indubitably need surgery to cure your illness. A dash of head shrinking might not hurt either, but that's a job that we'll need to rope a Psychonaut into if we want it done right."

"Why are you not comfortable going under the knife here? Would you rather have a stranger restore you to your previous state? That'd be easier on me, and I'll tag along with you if you are dead set on trying out this new clinic you mentioned, but they probably won't let me scrub in to operate on you. Their methods might be unfavorably prolific or outlandish too. I've never thought that scar tissue was attractive, and I can't guarantee that you'll even be alive when they finish with you if they prohibit me from patching you up myself."

Clarissa, ruminating on this matter as she is, soberly rubs the back of her head and then proceeds to shrug dismissively. She wouldn't ever give her consent to letting a complete stranger repair her physical form. Then again, Zefir's body is his own to do with as he pleases, so this choice on where the operation should take place isn't her's to make.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Zefir's Room

Well there won't be anyone who wants to get out here either way. Zefir has something more worth to hide. Good that all the cams in this room are dead or not working anymore.
    There aren't any cameras in members rooms that they didn't place there themselves. So if Zefir put a bunch of cameras in his room and killed them... well good for him I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

Cybil opens the door and looks curiously at Ilpholin, "Yes? Am I needed for anything?" She had no idea where Rot had gone and losing the only thing she was supposed to keep check on wasn't exactly ideal.
    Cybil's Room

"I wanted to let you know that I wish to go to Riverside soon and meet with your boss. If you need a few minutes to get ready, that's fine." She has to drop by the Biolab real quick and have a gnoll lead Megan to their village. But if Cybil's ready to go now, then now they can go.

"Would you be capable of training others to use starfighters or is that out of reach?" You'd need to be in space and have some giant starfighter carrier or something to learn those Ilph imagines.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

13. - Top - End - #163

[Main Room]

"Don't go with any psycho things. I don't think 'able to rule all' makes you more sane. After all I just act as life asked me to."

And then she mentiones operation.

"Eh why would I ever want to go under a knife? It's not like this thing is a secound skin over my normal one. So what did you think to do with me?"

14. - Top - End - #164

Cybil's Room

Cybil pauses for a moment and puts the door ajar and she looks around her room. The next moment she opens it again, "I'm ready to go right now." Another pause. "You won't tell him I lost Rot right?"

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Ordo turns around once they're inside, just in time to see a halfling matching Dipsnig's description enter the room. He looks at Marciano with a bit of a poker face, keeping it blank, before his eyes find those mechano-panthers. The psion growls - far deeper and louder than the growl a human throat could produce - at the machines.

Less to try and scare them - which would be useless, considering their artificial nature - more so his coworkers will note their presence. Otherwise, he stays quiet, eyes flicking to Valente angrily. This anger is not directed specifically at him, but he is rather tense.
    Marciano smiles, looking smug. Ooh! Is there a party?

16. - Top - End - #166

Main Room
    The Mechano-Panthers give no reaction, unsurprisingly.

---

BioLab
    "Whatever. Just put some bodily fluid in this vial so I can scan you." she said, handing over a vial and sipping on her coffee.
    Busy with Life

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

[BioLab]
    The woman will take the vial and briefly depart, returning with a vial full of dark reddish-brown liquid. She's put a cap on the vial.
    Careful with it, it's nasty.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

18. - Top - End - #168

BioLab
    Megan put the test tube into the scanning machine.
    "Mhm..."
    "So what do you need to return to your full power? I say return because you had armor and a tail and now that's gone..."
    Busy with Life

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

[BioLab]
    I have no idea.
    This dimension is so weird, it's hard to tell whether it'd take a month or a decade to return to full power.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

20. - Top - End - #170

BioLab
    "Is there no way to accelerate the process?" she asked, sipping her coffee while raising an eyebrow.
    The machine continued to scan the fluid!
    Busy with Life

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    BioLab
    "Is there no way to accelerate the process?" she asked, sipping her coffee while raising an eyebrow.
    The machine continued to scan the fluid!
    Maybe... I'm not sure as of yet.
    The fluid appears to be some sort of blood, but is extremely toxic.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

22. - Top - End - #172
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post

"Would you be capable of training others to use starfighters or is that out of reach?" You'd need to be in space and have some giant starfighter carrier or something to learn those Ilph imagines.
    Privacy! Woohoo!

Roxanne nods thrice in response! *Nodnodnod!*

"Yeah. I'm able do that. That's an easily attainable objective, actually. I'll just need to commission a couple of sim chambers from Kohan, see. He'll probably let me borrow them for awhile. Gives me yards of leeway in terms of personal property, he does."

Probably because they're related in that they're alt-universe copies of one another!

"Then we'll need to manufacture a fleet of ships for the cadets to make use of. Mechanical ones. Don't think the organics would take to newcomers so quickly."

------
    [Main Room]

"Don't go with any psycho things. I don't think 'able to rule all' makes you more sane. After all I just act as life asked me to."

And then she mentiones operation.

"Eh why would I ever want to go under a knife? It's not like this thing is a secound skin over my normal one. So what did you think to do with me?"
    [Main Room]

Able to rule all? Like, the one ring to rule them all! Neato! The precious! I must has the precious!

The variable of Clarissa's sanity has been struck out of the equation in her mind. Indeed, she may have mental problems, but it isn't like she'd be the one tinkering with Zefir's mind were psychic aid enlisted for this project.

"Really, Zefir?"

Clarissa chortles.

"Did you think that I, Clarissa, could wave my magic wand and suddenly, poof, you'd be returned to your initial state? I could probably try, but where's the fun in that?"

Clarissa shakes her head from side to side mirthfully. She might be toying with Zefir, but she's certainly abiding by an unshakable law of this world. You can't get something for nothing. Not under normal circumstances among miserly people, anyway.

"And it isn't like that'd be monotonously easy peasy lemon squeezy for me either. We could try dispelling the magic and working on whittling down its effects to dna alone, but when I'm tweaking your dna, I don't want to use my own personal brand of magic. Sure, it would probably turn you back into the Zefir I knew before your accident, kind of, but something else might go awry and you could end up with what could be considered a societal taboo to some. If you're okay with, say, craving human flesh for the remainder of your life or perhaps sprouting a set of extra arms, we could try to solve your problem with my chaotic magic! Otherwise, you need surgery."

Clarissa's magical gifts always seem to have a corrupting side-effect accompanying them to be resisted in one way or another.

23. - Top - End - #173

BioLab
    "Well...maybe we'll find out once your blood is finished being scanned. But if you know of any ways that we might be able to expedite the process to bring you to full power, please let me know."
    "Anyways, so far it seems like your blood is toxic, explanation please?"
    Busy with Life

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

[BioLab]
    I did say "devourer of impurities", right? I'm the scion of the element of Poison.
    ((Posting may be sporadic.))
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

25. - Top - End - #175

[Main Room]

Zefir looks at her. mainly annoyed or angry, hard to say. Then he close his eyes and sights.

"You could have told me that you don't have a way."

Ok that doesn't sound true but well Zefir has his reasons.

"Your sugary and your 'magic' doesn't sound like either of them could really help me. I bet that however this change happened there must be someone or something doing the direct opposite. I'm sorry I wasted your time here."

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside Ilpholin's Office (Split Timeline)]

A tall figure, covered in scales that seem to be made of emerald and smoke-blackened steel, with a face the seems to be a mixture of a human's and a wolf's, with a crocodilian mouth, and a curling nest of wickedly sharp, barbed, horns in place of hair, stands here. Sprouting from their back is a mass of spined tentacles with hooked beaks, and their hands - one of which, unless there's some other obvious method of gaining the attention of the office's occupant, goes to knock on the door - bear long, curved, claws.

Accompanying said figure are what, to a casual observer, appear to be massive, hairless, grey-skinned, humans, in long dark green coats, over crimson suits, though on closer examination, their skin is the wrong texture, more like mud, and their eyes are highly polished pieces of jet.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

"Who is Kohan?"

She doesn't believe Roxanne has brought him up before.

Cybil's Room

"I see no reason to bring him into it." Ilpholin says. Any more than necessary anyways. Rot was missing and that wasn't a good thing for anyone.

Ilpholin's Office - Crocodile Karyna?

The door swings open on its own as Ilpholin sits behind a desk. The room only has two other chairs in it and while they are tail friendly, they might be problematic to back tentacles.

"Come in."

Of course, if this isn't Karyna and her posse, one wonders how they got in the building so easily, without so much as an attempt to walk in the front door.

Biolab

Megan will get a text back.
    Borrow a gnoll from Atlantis and ask it to lead you to their village for the Panthers.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #178
    Pixie in the Playground

[Main Room]

Zefir looks at her. mainly annoyed or angry, hard to say. Then he close his eyes and sights.

"You could have told me that you don't have a way."

Ok that doesn't sound true but well Zefir has his reasons.

"Your sugary and your 'magic' doesn't sound like either of them could really help me. I bet that however this change happened there must be someone or something doing the direct opposite. I'm sorry I wasted your time here."
    [Main Room]

... Meh? What? That's not what Clarissa thought she had said at all! Maybe something was lost in translation? Humans tend to be so darn finicky about their language, so a slight curl of the tongue where one isn't meant to be could distort the entire message she was attempting to pass on.

"Uh-huh. Listen, I don't mean to seem boastful or pretentious but I can and am willing to fix you, erm, somewhat. You aren't making this a very simple task for anyone in their right mind to accomplish. You offer no genetic base from which to replicate your body. You won't let anyone operate on you to ascertain what your original dna sequences were. You desire a magical panacea to 'cure' you of your 'disease' yet you crassly snub magic users."

"With those faults and condemnations in mind, I'm predisposed to think that you won't find someone who can mend you. After all, if you aren't willing to be healed, who can help you?"

-------

Woah! Oops! Did Roxanne accidentally let The Hatter's real name slip out of her mouth right there? Really? Uh-oh! She didn't mean to do that!

"Uh, Kohan is The Hatter's real name. It is moniker he prefers to go by in public when not strictly involved in AMEN business. Um, you probably shouldn't mention to him that you know it. He isn't aware of the fact that a handful of people are actually aware of his birth name."

29. - Top - End - #179

[Main Room]

It's all a point of view. let Zefir clear things.

"You should be more clear in your 'options'. As far as I understand you you either slice me to... well whatever you do then it doesn't sound very healthy for me after all. And as you said yourself your magic would disfigure me, right?"

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'll keep from bringing it up." Ilpholin assures her.

"Where would you like to see AMEN in ten years?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast