New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default BackStabbery II: Night's Peril - Game Thread

Lord Finoch Decano finished up his shopping in the local market placeand began to make his way home, just as the sun was disappearing over the horizon. His shadow long behind him Fin was completely unaware that he was being followed... By five assassins!

As he turned into an alley way (a simple short cut?) he was accosted by the first!

Time to die Decano! Once your outta the picture my house will reign supreme!

Not if I kill him first! Yelled the second assassin as he dropped form a roof top!

Or me!

Or me!

Don't forget me!

Now surrounded by five opposing assassins Fin senses his escape!

Well the obvious solution to your little dilemma here is to all kill each other! The last man standing get s to kill me!

That does seem reasonable!

One second! While we are all killing each other, your gonna try and run away! You can't pull that one off against craft one-eyed Jimmy!

Damn, but the only other option is that you all kill me and that would plunge all five rival houses into a house war, starting chaos that you five surely don't want!

The five assasins look at each other, offering up a brief but knowing grin...

Spoiler
    Show
    Fin was killed, he was societies keystone! Let the chaos begin!

The Rules

To begin with every player will be assigned a house at random and that house leader will give you a rank within that house.

Spoiler
    Show
    Leader – The boss of the house, your responsibility is to distribute the gold/power levels amongst your minions. All guild leaders start the game with 50 power levels to distribute as they see fit.

Lieutenants – Maximum of two players will be House Lieutenants, their responsibility will be to announce house wars to the thread. They also start with a bonus to power of +5. Lieutenants will be selected by the house leader at the birth of each new house!

Minions – You are to generally live the life of a civilian, doing as you leader demands... or not!

After the first day phase has been completed the houses will be ranked in accordance with their leader's personal power level (because there will have been no time to buy any power levels so every House would have the same accumulative score). After this when a House is destroyed all the houses below it will gain a rank and any new Houses that are made will enter the ladder at the bottom rung. Also after each day phase the houses will be re-ranked according to their accumulative power level.

Every player will start with 50 gold and a power level which will at the lowest be 10. Using their gold players can do a number of things;

Spoiler
    Show
    Start a new house 50g – In order to start a new house you must have at least one player for every rank willing to join it from its birth. The house will give +50 power to the guild leader but he must delegate this between his House members. It is entirely up to the house leader how he recruits members. Take note - House members do not have to remain loyal to their leaders. Inter-House wars can occur and the loser’s power will be given to the guild leader to do with as he wishes. The losing leader is at the mercy of the winning guilds leader and his house dissolved, allowing his members to start/join new Houses. To start all the houses will be ranked randomly, every time a house is destroyed the houses below it gain in rank, the aim of the game is to be the most powerful player in the highest ranked house by the end of the game. Like in Ultimate Greed each guild leader will receive daily gold payments to distribute amongst his minions.

Train in a profession 25g - This is unavailable to Guild leaders who must try and recruit and maintain the loyalties of those whom it is available to.

Start a House War 10g per house member- Announces a house war and gives everybody 24 hours to prepare. After 24 hours the war will occur and the party with the highest power will win, however due to murders, betrayals etc the power at the beginning of the fight may change before the end. The leader does not need the permission of his underlings for their gold, but reperations may be taken by players being forced to pay for wars they don’t wish to have!

Buy A Power Level: At the rate of one level for 30g

Professions

Spoiler
    Show
    Players can only have one profession at a time;

Assassin - Gains +15 power when attacking another guild or attempting murder.

General - Gains +15 power when being attacked by another guild or when someone is trying to murder them.

Thief – Can target a player to steal from, a random figure will be stolen ranging between 1 and 30. There will also be a 20% chance that the victim will know who stole from them!

Spy - Can identify a house/individuals power, assuming nobody is planning on betraying them.

Diplomat - Can create the illusion that a guild/individuals power is higher than it really is by 1-d100%.

Monk - Can hide an guild/individuals power by 1-d100%.

Treachery! - This is where it gets interesting.

Spoiler
    Show
    During any 'day' players can PM certain actions.

Start Coup - This means at the end of the day the will attempt to murder their current House leader and rise to power, this is best done in groups in order to better the leaders power level, deciding who gets to be leader amongst each other is entirely up to you. Members of other house may be included in the coup! This strategy will be beneficial if you covet the power of an established house! The victims power levels will be evenly distributed amongst those that took part in the killing.

Murder - This is an attempt to kill any other player. If they are a guild leader, the guild remains in tact but there will probably be murderings over who raises to power from the guilds underlings. If you kill any other player you will gain their gold and any all their power levels excluding the levels they gain from proffessions. Success will be based on each players individual power, irrelevant of the power of respective houses. If you kill a player as part of a group then the victim’s power levels and gold will be ditsibuted evenly amongst the guilty party!

*note - any murder/coup attempts that are submitted during war preparations will be concluded during the battle, this will obviously lead to some unexpected (or not) power changes.*

Change allegiance - When a war is announced use this to alert the narrators to the fact that you are changing sides it is up to you if you let any body else know this fact. You will however still be without a guild after the battle if the team you switched to wins, hopefully you will have made a deal to be picked up afterwards.

Change Guild - This is not PM'd but announced in thread, if a player chooses to change guild they must ask in thread (prior arrangement can be organised via PM should those concerned choose.) This request may be accepted or denied at the leader in questions choosing.

Day Actions: (Brand new to BackStabbery II)

Spoiler
    Show
    At the beginning of every day (starting day 2) the town squire will put up adventure notices. Every adventure will end in one of the following results;

A random number of the players gain some gold.

A random number of the players gain some power levels.

A random number of the players die.

In order to be involved in the adventures the players must be voted for in blue! The players in question may well not be going on the adventure of their own volition, seeing as any number of people could vote! However due to the adventures only having a 1 in 3 chance of a anegative outcome it may be worth the risk. The five players with the most votes will go on the adventure, if less than five are voted for then less than five will go!

Adventures will be concluded separately to the rest of the night phase i.e. Only other players on the adventuring party can attempt to kill each other! However the adventure will be concluded prior to any House wars and as such the players power levels will still contribute to his houses power levels.

Resolving Conflicts:

Spoiler
    Show
    The leader of the winning guild can choose to kill the opposing guild leader, putting them out of the game. Alternatively they can allow them to live, this forces the defeated guild leader to be loyal to the victor for 2 days. The defeated's power rating will be added to the victor's personal power score, not his guild! This has obvious benefits for murder attempts.

There will be two sets of winners, the first is all the members of the house of the highest rank by the end of the game. The second but more important win goes to the player with the most power/gold at the end of the game.[/

Houses:

Shadow
    Lex-Kat - Leader
    Banjo1985 - Lieutenant
    The Phantom
    Lamech
    Gnome 4 Ever

Freshmeat
    Dirk Kris - Leader
    Mechafox - Lieutenant
    Hero 1.0
    Szilard

Alarra
    Selharc - Leader
    Aemoh - Lieutenant
    Kookevk
    Hap Hazard

Fairchilde
    Bayar - Leader
    Phantom Fox - Lieutenant
    Griever - Lieutenant
    GoC
    Billtodamax

House Caster
    Shadowcaller - Leader
    Happyturtle - Lieutenant

Unhoused
    Eaglewiz

Yes, I know there are different numbers in different houses but this proved an insignificant fact in the alst game, so I imagine the same will be in affect here!

Also the events you lucky players will be going on will start after all the power levels have been distributed, they will be voted for in blue!

Every player starts with 10 power levels and 50 gold. Each new day the leader of each house will be given more gold which is to be done with as they please! Keep it or distribute it!
    Last edited by Fin; 2009-04-11 at 12:32 PM.
    Waiting for that day, when we all have the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    I'll never trust you again. Even if we're on the same team. Even if the narrators tell me to.
    Monkeytar by me!/DYF Avatar by Mr Saturn!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: BackStabbery II: Night's Peril - Game Thread

Due to Forum outage, all the leaders will have an additional 24 hours to give me there power levels structure. Otherwise all the house power will be assigned to them! After 24 hours I will post the first adventure!
    I'll never trust you again. Even if we're on the same team. Even if the narrators tell me to.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

You really should stick FC in the Freshmeat house
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fin View Post
    Otherwise all the house power will be assigned to them!
    Wait a second...
    You can do that? Assign all 50 house-power to yourself?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, but look forward to everyone else in your house getting murdered leaving you dangerously isolated.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Ahhh! Princess Lex-kat awoke to find her five most loyal guild members standing around her bed. You scared me.

We are sorry to wake you, Princess. Murska said. But we need to know who you plan to make your new lieutenant.

The Princess, recently elevated to the leader of the Shadow Guild, due to the death of her mother, looked at the five.

Banjo, Murska. I ask the two of you to be my Lieutenants. Thank you.

Then she looks at the five. I hope that together, we will be strong and you'll help me destroy our enemies.

Now if you'll please leave.
    She smiles at them. I would prefer to get dressed before we have one of these meetings again.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2009-03-19 at 07:31 AM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

Dirk Kris roused himself from his new large, luxurious bed. He smiled as he looked around and took in his surroundings. Turns out killing Lord Freshmeat had worked out better than he'd planned - his gang had fallen apart, and Dirk's had simply moved in and taken over.

Dressing in a white linen suit, Dirk pulls on a black trenchcoat over it. He's never had any issue with flaunting his heritage, as it's plain as could be. His black and white wings stretch slowly, then flutter back into place at his back.

Dirk heads down the curving staircase that takes him to the main room of the ground floor. His men lay about, some entwined with women from the tavern down the row, others alone. One is awake, the others snoozing, sleeping off the previous night's activities. Dirk smiles and makes his way over.

The man stands and extends his hand. He and Dirk perform the secret handshake. The new leader smiles and leans his head close to his friend. "Mechafox, I need a lieutenant. I choose you. You are crafty, strong, and so far, trustworthy. I need to be able to count on you."

Mechafox bows his head. "You can, sir. We've been together for many years now and we've always had each others backs. That won't change now. I am honored."

Dirk smiles again, his pointed canines glinting. "Power changes men, Mecha. We've both seen it. Do not betray me, and you will be rewarded - I swear it."

Mechafox nodded slowly, then moved off to wake the other guild members. Dirk smiled and made his way back upstairs. It might be good to be the king, but it's better to be me.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!
    Officially putting in for an extended leave of absence.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Selrahc View Post
    Yeah, but look forward to everyone else in your house getting murdered leaving you dangerously isolated.
    That doesn't really matter. The problem is getting ganked by multiple enemies, but overall, gathering all power on yourself is a very good strategy. The only reason I don't approve of it is that it screws up the game for those who get next to no power.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

Mechafox adjusts his eyeglasses and folds his hands behind him. He surveys his drunken, passed out comrades.

"...I'm going to need to make some preparations."
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Lieutenant Banjo bows slightly.

"Thank you, your highness, for blessing me with rank and power. I will protect you and this House with all of my power, my life will be forfeit if necessary."

He turns and looks at the other four.

"Come, we have many preperations to discuss."

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

11. - Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Lieutenants, eh?
    Well, I'll have to go with Darkcomet and Happyturtle.
    … hm, I think I'm going to need to change the house name to House Kaos. "
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Phantom Fox, Griever, you are the lieutenants. Try not to stab the wrong persons.

Yes, stabbing me is wrong.

Stabbing the other house members is wrong too.

The other lieutenant is part of the house too !
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Szilard is busy not paying too much attention to this game. Just enough attention to have fun.
    Want an avatar? Shoot me a PM.
    Current DYF Avatar by the fantastic Alarra

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    And Szilard, great job! You make me proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Szilard is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In Soviet Russia, internet give you.
    (is given to Szilard. With bow. Clothes optional.)
    ABR: SDSB Archive

14. - Top - End - #14

"As you wish, mylady." ThePhantom takes his leave of Lex's room. "Now, if the rest of you need me, I'll find you."

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

A strangely familiar looking twon squire makes his way to the centre of the community and places a large piece of parchment on a notice board there, it reads;

Here ye, here ye!

A large red dragon has been seen enetering a cave at the base of Mount Convoy. It is belived to have stolen all of the late Lord Finoch's treasury from his widows home. The dragon must be executed. Those that succeed will be allowed there pick of the treasure there in!

We need five volenteers, please put your name at the bottom of the page!

Signed

F

16. - Top - End - #16
    Barbarian in the Playground

Master Bayar, I pledge you my allegiance. Said Bill, kneeling. Should you ever need me, simply call.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Szilard, who has nothing better to do, signs the bottom of the page.

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Szilard is wise.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Banned

GoC for adventure!
    Last edited by GoC; 2009-03-21 at 08:44 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

Players going on the quest must be voted for in blue. You can vote for yourself! Also due to one house not being given their power levles properly due to a mistake on my part, the adventure vote time will end first thing tomorrow morning (GMT)
    Last edited by Fin; 2009-03-21 at 05:06 AM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

Detrevnisisiht

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

How long do days last and when does the day end?
    Last edited by Lamech; 2009-03-21 at 08:13 AM.
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

Adventure voting time lasts 48 hours (kinda like your standard lynch) and that will culminate in an end of day/house war, during this time all conflicts will be resolved. There is then a 24 hour period to allow the redistribution of power levels (kinda like your night phase). Rinse and repeat!

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Szilard! .

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Szilard is wise.

24. - Top - End - #24

I am prodded by my new team member's to start the new house:

The Nobel house of Caster

It's members are going to be the clueless leader Shadowcaller.

The huntress Happyturtle (Lieutenant)

And our green enforcer Murska (Minion)

Don't be surprised if they both end up backstabbing me.

Waiting for acceptance from the members and the narrator.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2009-03-21 at 12:53 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

I accept.

Although, according to my understanding, I'll have to be a lowly minion. For now.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

*twitch*
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

I accept. Though I have no idea why anyone would think I would backstab you. I am as pure as the driven snow.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Well that can't be good.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

New House confirmed. Shadowcaller, you lose 50g!

House Caster
    Shadowcaller - Leader
    Happyturtle - Lieutenant
    Murska

I'll update the OP

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Princess Lex-kat looks at the notice on the board. I need more power if the house is to surive.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody