New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Gummi Bears (3.5 joke monster, PEACH, WIP)

Gummi Bear

Size/Type: Large Magical Beast
    Hit Dice: 10d10+60 (115)
    Initiative: +5
    Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares)
    Armor Class: 21 (-1 size, +1 dexterity, +7 natural, +4 deflection), touch 15, flat-footed 20
    Base Attack/Grapple: +10/+22
    Attack: Slam +20 melee (2d6+10)
    Full Attack: 2 Slams +20 melee (2d6+10) and bite +18 melee (2d6+5)
    Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
    Special Attacks: Engulfing grasp, improved grab
    Special Qualities: DR 10/slashing, blindsight 90 ft., partial ooze traits, attractive deflection, water vulnerability
    Saves: Fort +13, Ref +8, Will +5
    Abilities: Str 31, Dex 12, Con 23, Int 3, Wis 14, Cha 18
    Skills: Listen +14, Survival +3
    Feats: Improved Natural Attack: Slam, Combat Reflexes, Improved Initiative, Multiattack
    Environment: Temperate Forests
    Organization: Solitary
    Challenge Rating: 10
    Treasure: 1/2 standard
    Alignment: Always neutral
    Advancement: 11-16 (Large)
    Level Adjustment: --

This large beast is composed entirely of a semi-solid and multicolored goo. Gummi bears may understand a few words of Common, but do not speak.

Combat

Gummi bears are generally peaceful unless attacked.

Partial Ooze Traits (Ex)
    Blind, with immunity to gaze attacks, visual effects, illusions, and other attack forms that rely on sight.
    Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, and stunning.
    Not subject to critical hits or flanking.

Attractive Deflection (Ex)
    Gummi bears apply their Charisma modifer as a deflection bonus to their AC.

Improved Grab (Ex)
    To use this ability, a gummi bear must hit with a slam attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity.

Engulfing Grasp (Ex)
    A gummi bear can try to engulf a grabbed opponent of up to one size smaller by making a successful grapple check. The engulfed creature takes 1d8+9 points of bludgeoning damage and 1d6 points of acid damage per round from the gummi bear's insides. An engulfed creature can attempt to escape the grapple by making a successful grapple or Escape Artist check.

Water Vulnerability (Ex)
    Gummi bears treat exposure to water as weak acid, doing half damage.

Spoiler: Notes
    Show
    I need a picture but am too lazy to find one right now; I'll go look for one later unless someone is helpful enough to find one for me

CR estimation:
    #1. Divide creature's average HP by 4.5 to 6.5.
    4.5 for 5 HD or lower, 5 for 6-10 HD, 5.5 for 11-15 HD, 6 for 16-20 HD., 6.5 for 20-25 HD.
    115/5=23
    #2. Add 1 for each five points above 10 its AC is, subtracting 1 for every 5 below.
    21=2.2
    #3. Add 1 for each special attack (+2 to +5 or more if its got a decent number of spells in its spell-like abilities).
    #4. Add 1 for each quality unless you deem it worthy of more. Add 1 for each resistance and 10 points of DR it has, and 2 for each immunity. Subtract 1 for each vulnerability.
    +6 (each line of the partial ooze traits is counted as 1)
    #5. Add 1 for every two bonus feats it has.
    #6. Divide total by 3. This should be its rough CR.
    32.2/3 = 10.733 = 10 (truncating, as I don't think it's quite that strong)

Next up: Dire Gummi Bear!
    Last edited by TuggyNE; 2013-09-26 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Fixing skills
    Quote Originally Posted by Water_Bear View Post
    That's RAW for you; 100% Rules-Legal, 110% silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    "Common sense" and "RAW" are not exactly on speaking terms
    Projects: Homebrew, Gentlemen's Agreement, DMPCs, Forbidden Knowledge safety, and Top Ten Worst. Also, Quotes and RACSD are good.

Anyone knows blue is for sarcas'ing in · "Take 10 SAN damage from Dark Orchid" · Use of gray may indicate nitpicking · Green is sincerity

2. - Top - End - #2
    Banned

Goblin

Default Re: Gummi Bears (3.5 joke monster, PEACH, WIP)

I was really hoping for a different kind of Gummi Bears when I seen this thread

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Man on Fire View Post
    I was really hoping for a different kind of Gummi Bears when I seen this thread
    I remember that cartoon. I think Netflix has a copy on DVD.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

If gummi bears are blind, why do they have Spot as a skill? Blind characters automatically fail Spot checks.

Blinded
    He takes a -2 penalty to Armor Class, loses his Dexterity bonus to AC (if any), moves at half speed, and takes a -4 penalty on Search checks and on most Strength- and Dexterity-based skill checks. All checks and activities that rely on vision (such as reading and Spot checks) automatically fail. All opponents are considered to have total concealment (50% miss chance) to the blinded character. Characters who remain blinded for a long time grow accustomed to these drawbacks and can overcome some of them.
    Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

I like the easy access to miniatures and what you can do after you kill the monster. Therefore these should be infernally evil creatures with vast armies seeking to invade wherever the PCs happen to be. And size small for the armies because too many Large ones would make me sick . /thinking with stomach
    So you never have to interrupt a game to look up a rule again:
    My 3.5e Rules Cheat Sheets: Normal, With Consolidated Skill System
    TOGC's 3.5e Spell/etc Cards: rpgnow / drivethru rpg
    Utilities: Magic Item Shop Generator (Req. MS Excel), Balanced Low Magic Item System
    Printable Cardstock Dungeon Tiles and other terrain stuff (100 MB)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    If gummi bears are blind, why do they have Spot as a skill? Blind characters automatically fail Spot checks.
    I was sloppy and didn't take the time to research whether blindsight needed Spot or not.

(It doesn't. Editing.)

@ericgrau Haha, I actually hadn't fully considered that aspect .
    Quote Originally Posted by Water_Bear View Post
    That's RAW for you; 100% Rules-Legal, 110% silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    "Common sense" and "RAW" are not exactly on speaking terms
    Projects: Homebrew, Gentlemen's Agreement, DMPCs, Forbidden Knowledge safety, and Top Ten Worst. Also, Quotes and RACSD are good.

Anyone knows blue is for sarcas'ing in · "Take 10 SAN damage from Dark Orchid" · Use of gray may indicate nitpicking · Green is sincerity

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

You've given them too many skills. If you put all into Listen and adjusted for Wisdom modifier, it would have Listen +14. If it had a Climb speed, it would make sense to have a climb skill but without it, it doesn't need it. It would just make a strength check. You don't need to list it as a class skill since it has no ranks in it. Ditto for Jump. There isn't a reason to give a creature a class skill without ranks. Survival is sorta wasted on these as well as they aren't really going to forage for food.

Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread