New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OoC 34: If it exists, we have role-played it. No exceptions.

Link it please?
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OoC 34: If it exists, we have role-played it. No exceptions.

Here you go:

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Naera frowns, her eyes hardening somewhat.

"I see. And how would you like being told you were imaginary, hm? Especially if, most of the time, people didn't even realize you were alive."

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Ogre in the Playground

To Zefir and/or Reinholdt, I've officially "got nothin," as they say, for our spot in MaGLoG, so if anyone wants to try that "run for our lives" thing from earlier, I wouldn't mind.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Ogre in the Playground

I was just waiting for Zefir's reply first. Butler's only ever come up with a clever plan once, so don't expect anything special.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Barbarian in the Playground

I think that what Andy and Jace did will be enough to get them back into the main room, although that will leave them dealing with the shadows.

Also, Alexandrian? The shadow tendrils and the darkness after the lights went out are one in the same. The lights going out just allowed everyone to be touched by the shadows at once, and effectively eliminated the tendrils as everything fused into one big black blob of darkness. So while the laser arm probably did something, her swinging her sword around was about as effective as casting magic missile at the darkness.

If you'd like to edit before I reply to everything, that's fine by me, just thought I'd elaborate a bit more.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Pixie in the Playground

Yep! I am fully aware of the futility of Spec's physical attack launched against the tendrils! She's more or less attempting to draw attention to herself and give the guests who are less than psychologically stable a good reason to stay away from her. She's also testing her blade, as it was not designed for anything but staged combat. But her sword strikes might be a little more than effective next post if Spec isn't torn limb from limb between then and now thanks to magic channeling turning it into a classic type of sword. This post, she's relying on her proximity to the bar and hopefully flammable alcohol to chase the evil away!

So I guess what I'm saying is, Spec casts magic missile!

Thanks for the heads-up, though!

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Orc in the Playground

Deadtime now. Goodnight, sleep tight and don't let the Nuckalavee bite.

McBish, could you please post for MaGlog? Thank you.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, I'm actually getting myself back in order so expect me to be around more. Sorry about all the offtime, guys, I'm working on managing my time and I was being kind of silly.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1359

So...wedding begins tomorrow then, Beans? It has almost been a week and I'm all ready to begin. How about you?
    And by ready, I mean I know the wedding will look like since Megan would try to be in charge of decorating it as much as she could.
    I'll send you a PM describing what she has planned, make sure everything checks out with you.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

10. - Top - End - #1360

Alexandrian, it might be a bit before I make a post for Dave's clinic.
    Insanity requires Insanity back

Also: *Poke Earl of Purple and ThirdEmperor to Cave of Being*
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Ogre in the Playground

So, just wondering, but what exactly would have happened if we hadn't laser-spammed and entered the Shadowed room after being put into costumes that didn't actually exist?
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

12. - Top - End - #1362

Since the room is destroyed, I see no harm in telling you. If all three characters had worn the costumes, they would have been changed into mannequins and displayed next to the other poor souls in the store front. All within the bounds of the illusory world of course. After an indefinite period of standing completely still without any stimulus, eventually it would drop them back into the lobby in their normal outfits.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Ogre in the Playground

I think I'm waiting on dark elf bard in Trog's.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Orc in the Playground

Deadtime now. Goodnight, sleep tight and don't let the Melusine bite.

I'm waiting for ThirdEmperor to post first in Inside regarding the Cave of Being.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

15. - Top - End - #1365

*pokes TechnoScrabble and C'nor*
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Kitchen]

Also for the record and to clear up any OoC misconceptions, Clarissa never attempted to do anything to Emily except hypnotize her, grab her hand and give her a stimulant-like incentive to continue holding onto it, and threaten to abduct Mister Starling's staff. She never tried to kidnap anyone...
    Grabbing someone, with or without hypnotising, and threatening to abduct them is attempted kidnapping. Isn't it? I'm pretty sure it is.

From Emily's point of view: She sees two non-human barely dressed skanks making out and harassing her boss. Then she suddenly feels sexually attracted to them, and is being told to go with them, which she agrees to. Then that feeling is gone, and she's back to finding them disgusting with now the added feeling of finding them absolutely terrifying since they (she doesn't know which one controls the lust feeling) can control her. Then her boss, the man who just saved her from a terrible fate is on the floor writhing in pain, the place is on fire, and they're trying to do terrible things to her coworker Scott. Hey, he's an idiot, and she's never ever going to go out with him in a million years no matter how many times he asks, but he doesn't deserve what they are doing to him!

Then, thankfully, the women are gone. Remnant arrives, and she has never ever been so glad to see cops in her life. Even if she does end up giving her witness statement to some lady who seems to be part dragon, while crying and asking for her mother. That was really embarrassing.

But hey! Now Emily hates non-humans more than ever!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Kitchen]

For the record, all Becky did was try to make Scott a puddle on the floor so she could get his camera from him.
    Clarissa's crimes: Trespassing, public indecency, assault and battery on Starling, theft, attempted kidnapping of a minor, sexual assault by lust magic, arson, property damage.

Becky's crimes: Trespassing, public indecency, corruption of a minor, attempted theft, and accomplice to all of Clarissa's crimes.

For the record, as far as Remnant is concerned, most of those crimes would have been overlooked. Public indecency, property damage, theft, and assaults happen all over the city all the time. No one would have called Ilpholin in concern because Starling has to keep an ice pack on his groin for a few days. (In fact, most of them would have given Clarissa a high five - off the record - for the theft of the top hat and the crotch kick.) In fact, Starling wouldn't have called Remnant over any of that - not even over the expense of having to refurbish his restaurant's interior after the fire and sprinklers. It was the lust magic and the threat to abduct people, particularly minors, that elevated it into an Incident.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-11-14 at 08:08 AM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Ogre in the Playground

Argh. I should keep track of threads I'm in. Apparently Maahir was asleep when this all happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Ogre in the Playground

Speaking of McHuman's*, C'nor, want to continue the Somewhat Depressing Impoverished Medical Adventures of Khair and Maeve?

*totally not the real name
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    Argh. I should keep track of threads I'm in. Apparently Maahir was asleep when this all happened.
    All of KK's characters have narcolepsy.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Speaking of McHuman's*, C'nor, want to continue the Somewhat Depressing Impoverished Medical Adventures of Khair and Maeve?

*totally not the real name
    Indeed I do.

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Pixie in the Playground

Strictly speaking outside of the Nexus, maybe so, but when the length of the unlawful confinement is well under a minute (as Clarissa released Emily seconds after Starling seized Emily's arm) and there was no attempt to physically transport the victim anywhere (except over to another region of the same room of the restaurant) or do anything to her beyond what's listed above and holding her hand, the case for heinous attempted kidnapping seems unsound. Especially when we bring the fact that the alleged kidnapper had access to teleportation magic that never came into play into the picture.

A traumatic experience, sure was! Unlawfully holding someone against their will, most definitely. Evil lust magic, certainly.

But holding someone against their will for well under a minute and expressing your intentions with the phrase "Come with me if you want to live!" isn't what I was seeing being construed OoC (but that may very well be me missing stuff and nothing more). It's not the clear-cut case of abhorrent kidnapping that I thought some people who hadn't looked over the scene might think it was. It was technically kidnapping of the lowest degree in the real world, I think, not at all like the kidnapping you see in movies or tv or even probably the news most days, and it was primarily the threat of kidnapping, not the physical act of picking someone up and running away with them, that was performed.

What Vinny the Viking is attempting over in MaGLoG is the attempted kidnapping you see in the movies!

Clarissa's goal was to provoke Starling into aggressively or emotionally reacting to what she was doing. Anything short of her threat did nothing to him emotionally on the outside in the here and now. She tested him to find what he did and did not care about. And now she knows how to compromise him emotionally in the future.

And that's info that is well worth the cost, whatever it may be. It wouldn't bring the man to his knees, but it might be just enough to bring him to make mistakes, if the schemes she's concocted are implemented or otherwise brought to fruition.

22. - Top - End - #1372

I dunno. 'Come with me if you want to live!' has some pretty kidnap-ish vibes when the only person nearby you're in danger from is the the one saying it.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Ogre in the Playground

*pokes Watchtower* Did everyone move out with all the pregnant people?
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Titan in the Playground

Whatever Clarissa might have wanted to do isn't terribly relevant, because what she did was try to seduce underage people using lust magic and abduct them.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    "Funny you should ask. I'm here to abduct and reeducate your staff. Come with me if you want to live!"
    "Abduct and reeducate" accompanied by lust magic, and right after Starling had told them to leave because they were behaving as if they were in a brothel, definitely sounds like "We're going to take them away and teach them all about sex."

Being guilty of the attempted offense vs the actual offense is determined by whether or not the offense occurred. Had Emily been taken away, then the actual crime of kidnapping would have occurred. Since the abduction was interrupted by Starling grabbing Emily, then it's the attempted crime.

(As for Vinny and Elaine, if Vinny actually transports her anywhere, then it will be kidnapping. Until then, it's battery.)

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Ogre in the Playground

You know... it is still AMEN.

But I really don't see how sorting out what it was OOC makes any difference at all.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Troll in the Playground

It does, because Alexandrian wanted to sort it out. Hence the sorting.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Ogre in the Playground

I know why it's happening. (You made a comment he disagreed with, he made a counter-comment you disagreed with and so on and so for until now). I'm just not seeing why it should continue when this is by and large an IC matter.

But hey, that's my comment. You can disagree with it if you choose.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Troll in the Playground

Er, no. Specifically Alexandrian said, "To clear up OOC misconceptions..." and explained his understanding of events. I brought the conversation to the OOC thread so that we could continue to talk until those misconceptions are cleared up.

The IC issues will be handled IC, and no longer involve me or my characters, unless Clarissa and/or Becky should happen to return to McHumans.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-11-14 at 12:41 PM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    "Abduct and reeducate"
    Derp! I missed that when I looked back through the thread to find stuff. I'm a forgetful person these days! >.<

Yeah. I just wanted to let people know that it wasn't a Bwahaha Bowser and Princess Peach or Ice King and Princess Bubblegum or Rush Hour 1 kind of kidnapping attempt and it didn't actually go anywhere. And that if the scene had gone in that direction, Clarissa wouldn't have upheld her promise. She'd have probably tried kicking Brian and furiously storming off because Brian Starling is sooo human that he's superhuman and he pretty much thwarted all of her sinister bullying plans!

His superpower is tolerance of punishment! His other superpower is intolerance of nonhumans!

And speaking of Billy/Elaine, I've really enjoyed reading about them and their Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde body sharing adventures!