New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: FFRP Central: All players start here!

I, too, really liked that essay! Well written, intelligent, and I wish I'd had it on-hand my whole life to shove down those OP'd, no-good, bland, ugly, smelly-faced...
    Er, never mind.

Anyway, um...
    *Runs out of the thread nervously*
    Spoiler
    Show
    These awesome Avatars thanks to the amazing Ceika!
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Avatar by Shoreward,
    author of Cursed, of Course, a fantasy webcomic, right here on the forum.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Barbarian in the Playground

Okay, some preliminary interest, would anyone here be interested in an Assassin's Creed-based RP? Currently wondering whether the story would focus on the Templars, Assassins-or both. Also, I wonder if the bleeding effect would come into play. (Probably limited, mind you, unless we want a roleplay full of crazies.)
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King;
    Hydrogen Dioxide! It kills more people than ANYTHING ELSE! Billions are CHRONICALLY ADDICTED to it!

INCLUDING BABIES! THINK OF THE BABIES!
    Currently not doing any Let's Plays or AARs or anything, on account of being a lazy git. I'll get around to it eventually. Really.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Bugbear in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

I'm interested in stepping into FFRP here. I'm a looong time FFRPer (predates my DnD by several years.) I used to be active at a site called RPG-Chat (That was somehow more about the forums not sure why) and I've mucked about in a few different places.

The character I have in mind is an original that I've not done much with. He's kind of a cyberpunk meets anime kind of guy. Think brash, early 20s ride's a hover-board and fights with his fists but enhanced with chi/magical energy.

So is there anywhere he'd fit?

I was thinking he might make his way into the Nexus.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

Everything can find it's way into the Nexus. That's kinda the point.

And, as I've discovered, it's great for little-used characters you have lying around that deserve some more use before going to the great RP in the sky.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #185

Greetings. I've checked this part of the forum out a few times but wasn't sure about jumping directly in. At the moment, though, I am a fan of the fact that this place looks to have some fairly high activity. I've played in plenty of free-form games before, but those were mostly in Star Wars or Tolkien stories. Would something from one of those settings be particularly unwelcome, or should I just come up with something more D. As Well As D.-esque?

It looks as if high-powered is the name of the game, here. Well, I suppose that my character could mayhaps learn stuff in this Nexus place to not die or be instantly discounted. As has been suggested to others, I'll just head for this Trog's Tavern place and see how things go.

Most importantly, what do you people think would be a good addition? I expect to read something along the lines of, "Play whatever you like!" but are there any opinions on what sorts of personalities or archetypes and such this place doesn't already have twenty-seven thousand representatives of?
    You're either an Outcast, or you're in denial.
    Strength and stupidity in numbers.

- Myself

Free-Form Role-Playing Game Characters, because I got tired of sticking links in my posts --->

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TruorTupnm View Post
    Greetings. I've checked this part of the forum out a few times but wasn't sure about jumping directly in. At the moment, though, I am a fan of the fact that this place looks to have some fairly high activity. I've played in plenty of free-form games before, but those were mostly in Star Wars or Tolkien stories. Would something from one of those settings be particularly unwelcome, or should I just come up with something more D. As Well As D.-esque?

It looks as if high-powered is the name of the game, here. Well, I suppose that my character could mayhaps learn stuff in this Nexus place to not die or be instantly discounted. As has been suggested to others, I'll just head for this Trog's Tavern place and see how things go.

Most importantly, what do you people think would be a good addition? I expect to read something along the lines of, "Play whatever you like!" but are there any opinions on what sorts of personalities or archetypes and such this place doesn't already have twenty-seven thousand representatives of?
    Well, Star Wars and Tolkienverse stuff would fit pretty well. As long as you keep your characters at reasonable levels of power and make them reasonably open to interaction with others, it'll work out, sez I.

Inside is a city of places, so... yeah.
    There are some organizations; GLoG and HALO are for good guys, AMEN is for bad guys, uh... I forget the rest. I'm stupid. I'm also Beans.

Really, I sez go for it.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

7. - Top - End - #187
    Troll in the Playground

Read the guidance articles in post 3 of this thread, and come to the Nexus OOC thread to say hi and maybe discuss your character ideas.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

...Nexus isn't the only game running here.

The Lynching games regularly use Star Wars and Tolkien characters, for one thing.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-12-07 at 07:58 AM.

9. - Top - End - #189

OR THERE"S STAR WARS ITP!

[/pointingouttheobvious]

Anywaaaay, hey you. Nice to become acquainted.
    Uncle Fong, from Bibliography, and Chibi Fong Avatar By Elagune

Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Total War: Broken City (Retired)

Banner courtesy of Nyrt

Total War: Another 2125 (Retired)
    Dutch Kritarchy and Constituents

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

VERY VERY EARLY STAGE OF IDEA, BUT...

Part of me is considering a universe somewhat similar to, I kid you not, Power Rangers. With the ridiculous/awesome factor.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

11. - Top - End - #191
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Power Rangers ...

Power Rangers ...

. . . COOL
    FFRP Characters
    Nexus RailITP

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah.
    I'm designing a possible villain, who I'll briefly describe as a purple-haired pirate alchemist lady with stitchy pants and one platform boot (and one pegleg).

And the Rangers would be based on classical elements and stuff.
    Last edited by Beans; 2010-12-07 at 11:05 PM.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

13. - Top - End - #193

Sounds intriguing.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

14. - Top - End - #194

Well, at least this thread doesn't move crazily fast. As for threads about lynching, sounds scary. Lynching isn't cool. Or does it mean something else, here?

As for the Star Wars thread, unless there's another one that I haven't seen, I actually showed up and tossed a few character ideas around the O. O. C. thread, but apparently I am being Ignored or something. Or mayhaps the dude in charge just had more important things to worry about. It was no large deal. I'll find a place to settle in, eventually.

When I have a bit more time than I do, right now, I'll probably just have my character stumble into a few threads, looking for some form of gainful employment.

One thing that I keep reading about is evil vampires and slums being messed with. I've been looking around but couldn't find any thread where that stuff is actually happening. Help?
    You're either an Outcast, or you're in denial.
    Strength and stupidity in numbers.

- Myself

Free-Form Role-Playing Game Characters, because I got tired of sticking links in my posts --->

15. - Top - End - #195

Well, at least this thread doesn't move crazily fast. As for threads about lynching, sounds scary. Lynching isn't cool. Or does it mean something else, here?
    The Lynching games were originally derived from a Twilight hate thread, where people would RP as characters from other settings in a big freeform contest of sorts to massacre as much of the Cullen family as they can.

Or something like that.

I dunno, I didn't pay it much attention, but now it's blossomed into something bigger, better, and less rancorous, so maybe it's worth a look.

As for the Star Wars thread, unless there's another one that I haven't seen, I actually showed up and tossed a few character ideas around the O. O. C. thread, but apparently I am being Ignored or something. Or mayhaps the dude in charge just had more important things to worry about. It was no large deal. I'll find a place to settle in, eventually.
    The Star Wars peoples aren't quite ready to set up their IC thread, and given how long it's been, I don't know if they ever will be. Don't worry too much about them.

When I have a bit more time than I do, right now, I'll probably just have my character stumble into a few threads, looking for some form of gainful employment.
    You might have some trouble here. Very few are running businesses, and lots of odd jobs and wetwork go to SAINT and NO, the assassin/mercenary organizations of the Nexus.

One thing that I keep reading about is evil vampires and slums being messed with. I've been looking around but couldn't find any thread where that stuff is actually happening. Help?
    That's in the city of Inside, I believe. Look for posts there, with Slums at the top, or Streets, or even a few posts without tags at all (Some folks are just lazy).
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2010-12-08 at 02:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LynchingITP

17. - Top - End - #197

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    VERY VERY EARLY STAGE OF IDEA, BUT...

Part of me is considering a universe somewhat similar to, I kid you not, Power Rangers. With the ridiculous/awesome factor.
    Yea! Go go power rangers! I love this idea.
    Uncle Fong, from Bibliography, and Chibi Fong Avatar By Elagune

Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Total War: Broken City (Retired)

Banner courtesy of Nyrt

Total War: Another 2125 (Retired)
    Dutch Kritarchy and Constituents

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

I was going to start a Touhou-themed collaborative storytelling game here. I.e. everyone shares control of the characters.

While it should take place in one thread at a time (plus OOC), this could lead to more unrelated CS games, or less likely, a TouhouITP. As such, I'm not sure how to tag the threads. For now I'll go with [CS].

EDIT:
    OOC thread
    IC thread
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-12-08 at 08:43 PM.

19. - Top - End - #199

Well, I poked my head in here again and I noticed that there was a bit of interest in rekindling Final Fantasy in the Playground. Well, I'd be lying if I said I didn't have an itch in getting some role-playing back into my life and I'm wondering if we couldn't attempt to get something up and running again. However not as a full free-form game.

As was already mentioned, Final Fantasy doesn't lend itself to that kind of genre of role-play. Instead, it would likely be a private game with a handful of players making up the main characters while one or two act as "game masters" and control the details of their adventure. Perhaps with additional players dropping in and out to act as various NPCs and villains, but the general focus would always be on the main party, as it should be.

It would still be free-form as far as role-playing goes, however. No dice-rolling, no stats, no experience points. Just role-playing. The game masters would still control the general power level of the party, handing out power-ups and artifacts as they progress. Think of it as a Dungeons and Dragons game without any of the rules.

There's a lot of fluff from the previous planning thread that can easily be carried over. Assuming we can get the interest, that is. Can we?

EDIT: The original thread can be found here, for those interested in reading up on what we had.
    Last edited by Zarah; 2010-12-10 at 01:42 AM.
    [ There was a signature here. It's gone now. ]

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    If it doesn't have a DM (even if there is some plot or conflict resolution by consensus), can be joined by anyone at anytime, and is roleplaying, it belongs in FFRP.
    I can't tell exactly from your description, but if you mean to have a closed game limited to a set of players, it should to in Play by Post instead of FFRP. If it will be open to everyone, then it goes here.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2010-12-10 at 03:54 AM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    I can't tell exactly from your description, but if you mean to have a closed game limited to a set of players, it should to in Play by Post instead of FFRP. If it will be open to everyone, then it goes here.
    That is what I would take from what was said as well.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

I personally would enjoy a little video gamey styled game in which a bunch of video game characters from different genres stopped a generic evil in groups of 4.
    If you need me somewhere, don't hesitate to PM me. I have bad mental health days sometimes, so if I vanish that's probably why. PMs will help break me out of that.
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    Digimon: Recollections (OoC)
    Fate/Grand Order: Chaldean Irregulars (OoC)
    ~~~~~
    Kyoko-atar by Coronalwave

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord pringle View Post
    I personally would enjoy a little video gamey styled game in which a bunch of video game characters from different genres stopped a generic evil in groups of 4.
    So... LynchingITP then?

24. - Top - End - #204

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    That's where I plan to take it anyway. The reason I posted here was because this is where the original thread was, and there was already some faint interest in rekindling the game. All the discussion and planning, assuming it gets there, will be posted in the proper subforum.
    [ There was a signature here. It's gone now. ]

25. - Top - End - #205

I want to play but I'm not sure where to start. There are so many active threads in this forum that it's a little confusing.

I have in mind a character that comes from a fantasy background. I tried not to make him overpowered. In fact, he's somewhat under-powered. But that's OK; he has plenty of room for growth and I'm sure somebody will take him under their wings, so to speak.

Could someone please tell me where to start.
    How do you keep a fool busy? Turn upside down for answer.
    ˙ɹǝʍsuɐ ɹoɟ uʍop ǝpısdn uɹnʇ ¿ʎsnq ןooɟ ɐ dǝǝʞ noʎ op ʍoɥ

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

Mythos is a strait-forward fantasy game, and is currently on page 2.
    The Nexus could also work, as ANYTHING can exist in it
    Artifical intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerd View Post
    Strike me down and I'll clean the floor faster than you can imagine

27. - Top - End - #207

I'd go with the Nexus. Much more players, plus I can use your character as a lab rat. Everyone wins. Especially me.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2010-12-10 at 02:44 PM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Pixie in the Playground

Okay, here's an idea I've had for a while.
    Every hundred or so years, people from all over the world are teleported to another planet, and forced to compete in a bloody game. They are organized into teams of two: one melee fighter, and one ranger. They need to kill everyone else.
    Any interest?

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by T.H. Everything View Post
    Okay, here's an idea I've had for a while.
    Every hundred or so years, people from all over the world are teleported to another planet, and forced to compete in a bloody game. They are organized into teams of two: one melee fighter, and one ranger. They need to kill everyone else.
    Any interest?
    Maybe if it was "warrior" and "spellcaster".

It would allow more variety in the teams. For instance, you could have a melee spellcaster teamed up with a ranged fighter or vice versa.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-12-10 at 05:02 PM.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    So... LynchingITP then?
    Read OP. Could I start a video game lynching?
    Last edited by lord pringle; 2010-12-12 at 11:05 PM.
    If you need me somewhere, don't hesitate to PM me. I have bad mental health days sometimes, so if I vanish that's probably why. PMs will help break me out of that.
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    Digimon: Recollections (OoC)
    Fate/Grand Order: Chaldean Irregulars (OoC)
    ~~~~~
    Kyoko-atar by Coronalwave