New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXIX: The Spoilers have been DOUBLED!

Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    I meant to say it's becoming increasingly difficult to resist giving in. Amazing what difference one word can make.
    I honestly couldn't tell which you meant originally, since the two parts of the prior statement seemed to be conflicting. What you just said there makes much more sense.

And yes, it is surprisingly good for a show about pastel-colored ponies that's made for little girls. That is because that's just what it looks like on the outside. I compare it to Pixar's movies or the Harry Potter books and movies, they're fun for all ages. I liked the interview where the team involved said they were making it for themselves pretty much, to try and make each other laugh or cry or think about the deeper meaning behind some of the scenes. If you can get past what it SEEMS to be and get into what it IS, then it's completely awesome. Okay, I admit I still skip the intro theme music whenever possible.

I'm pretty sure all Hasbro really wanted at a minimum was a 20 minute toy commercial, and they got so much more than they planned. Of course, I doubt they're unhappy they got more, but I think that was all they were expecting as a baseline though. Mad props to them for continuing to fund production, and mad props to the team for continuing to produce high quality episodes that people of all ages can enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Psst. Hey, Rarity!

Beeskee thinks you're a...marshmallow!

Whaaaa-?!
    "Noooo, no fair!! Some other pony was calling you a mule! I figured you'd much rather be a marshmallow!"

"Please don't hurt me."

(Beeskee knows who made the original comment, but won't snitch on them)

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Cannot unsee in awkward light! Curse you, Kindabluuuuuuue!
    It gets worse, I've watched the "Bronies watch G3" videos, I'm imagining a certain comment from the second video...

Edit2: I mean that I think of the comment when I see stuff like that, not that I am thinking what the comment mentions.

Edit:
    I must resist... what would other people think of me? Yes. Must resist.
    Who cares? Enjoy ponies!
    Last edited by Beeskee; 2011-10-23 at 09:19 PM.
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

PonyFort: IC and OOC threads.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Titan in the Playground

Has this been posted yet? Latest mane cast trailer, this one's for Rarity. Excellent videosmanship and all that. Hmmm, quite. *sips tea*

Ep 4:
    Spoiler
    Show

@Esper + Cuddlepiles: Waiting on Midnight (Or anypony else for that matter) to potentially give the poor Amish some root beer. Poor guy needs something to help him cope with the crippling loss of his reality-breaking pillows.

EDIT: And with that, I go to bed. Made it back to college safe and sound, though now I think I'm getting sick. This is probably the earliest I've gone to bed in months.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2011-10-23 at 09:14 PM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    "Yeah, yeah, you can blame me, but we both know the truth. You have a naturally filthy mind, I may have simply just skewed it towards certain viewpoints."
    While that's absolutely true, I'm still going to blame you.

Also, apparently Inglip is a brony!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    4 more pages? To the moon with that! Im already at double the recommended post length. I'll catch up, AFTER my quotewalls. Maybe they'll act as speedbumps, giving me an edge! Like bananas in Mario kart.
    SiuiS, you so crazy. Sometimes it still floors me how much you write. Like I said, the scream was a joke. It's just been a matter of getting around to it this weekend, because quoteposting a SiuiS quotepost is a bit of a project. A fun one, but a project none the less.

[color="green"]That would be pretty cool.

Although, think enough of us have developed fan-interpretations that we just don't see the lack of depth; she's plenty deep! We just... Happened to have made a bunch of it up.
    She's still easily the hardest working pony; granted Rarity is a close second, but still. She's also... They really need to characterize her in canon this season. Badly. Please?

Goodie! Now we will be able to talk whenever we want! And plan parties, like surprise parties! And romantic parties for When you go on dates, and...!

I'm doing the Pinkie Pie thing again, aren't I?
    Jade pokes SiuiS in the forehead with a hoof to snap him out of it momentarily. "Yes, yes you are. Don't let the pink one get you again."

[sense motive 12]
    Hm. Seems legit. Sure!

Oh! But you'll have to forward them to me so I can mail them myself. She watches too many crime dramas to not notice the UK postage.
    Even barring the bluff check, this is still made of D'awwwww.

Ahh, I want a prehensile devil tail! All I've got is this weird living mane/tail combo.

Also, totally unsurprised. Succubus Midnight was a forgone conclusion. Next time you look into undeath, Midsy, remember that pony lore isn't that far advanced beyond folklore and superstition; you probably hit Succubus by slingshotting around one of the many forms of 'vampire'.
    Besides, Succubus Midnight is made of awesome D'awww.

...So much D'awww.

*GASP* Balloons!? Where! Ooh! Hopereaver, are those for me? Ooh, and this one even has a smaller balloon inside it! And this one has a note! "you're standing on a temporary transporter pad". Well that's not very nice! I mean, as get well cards go, it's not the worst I've had, but seriously! It--

VVVWWWOOOOOOSSSHHH
    I really should have nominated you for Pinkie Pie in the Playground dude.

OH. ON THAT SUBJECT. Thank you so much everypony for voting for me for Rainbow Dash in the Playground! I tied for first with Serpentine!

Context?
    ...What is this context of which you speak?

It wasn't even bad enough to be nausea inducing, really. Although something always gets me...
    Once you figure out the premise, and its bad, poorly written, terrible... Why do you folks continue reading?

I mean, I did, but I have this weird compulsion that requires me to know the ending. It was also more... Clinical and amateurish than grisly, so I could get through it.

I find the best attitude to take for Cupcakes is sort of sneering dismissal. 'how quaint' one would say, 'somepony disliked shipping enough to sully their hooves like this? Come, sir _Fox, Miss Snowflake. Let us off to the Baron's to meet sirs Awesome and Mask for tea and cakes.'
    I personally refuse to read Cupcakes out of principal. The only other two fics on that list are Rainbow Factory and Molestia. (DO NOT LOOK UP ANY OF THOSE FICS YOU CURIOUS PONIES; YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.) I mean they aren't that bad from what I understand, but I don't support that type of fanfic in any way when it comes to an Equestrian setting.

DO IT FILLY
    You know, I said this verbatim to my roommate last night and he didn't catch it? I think I may very well slowly be indoctrinating him to the herd.

...He watched the Nightmare Night episode with me Saturday.

Snerk. Pacifier.

No, Fillyfooler is a derogatory term for lesbian. Or it would be, if it didn't sound so cute, which prompted a bunch of bronies to 'take I back' before it even really got to the derogatory stage. XD

Personally, I find coltcuddler to be the cutesy damned thing to come out of the fandom that doesn't require insulin.
    Honestly, I don't view them as derogatory terms whatsoever. I just view it as the Equestrian translation of the word. Like Everypony is to Everyone as Fillyfooler is to Lesbian.

Dead Space: arrival or sometime like that. Lemme check.
    I never really was a fan of the Dead Space series in all honesty. I'm not a fan of cheap jump horror, and that's all they really have going for them.

Tunnel under Midnight's bed? You crazy? I want to creeping watch other ponies sleep, not be watched creeping by other ponies. It's bad enough finding out that guy who kicks my seat on the plane every time I fly to Australia to bug Thanqol was Thanqol, I don't think I'd survive any more Midnigh in my life.
    Well... While you're creeping on Lyra who's creeping on Midnight to creep on Twilight, I'll creep on you who's creeping on the creeper for creepy purposes of creeping.

And don't forget to smile!

I am curious and have to ask; is your friend Ben this Dartheej fellow?
    I... Don't know, actually. I should really ask.

There is the recent lull from 23:30 to 04:00, so odds are we'd fill one in 18 hors, the other in six. But aye, I think there would come a point where it's Slow Down or no more PitP.

I'd choose slow down, myself.
    Both are very, very sad options though.

Defense mechanism. Can't be kicked out when I'm churning out the illustrated flattery, can I?

Honestly though, it's just there are points where something I'm visualizing about the thread crystalizes, within the ranges of my skill. If I see something that's relevant, compositionally within my range while not boring, and adds to the discussion more than typing out a Lon story will, I'll doodle it.

And then, for Kindablue, I will spoil my doodle. Just for him.
    You say as though we'd ever have the inkling to kick you out anyways.

*Jade pounces and gives ponysnuggles!*

So, wait.

He has a program that he wants you to trouble shoot. You say you don't cover that program. He says your company gave it to him, and your response is that the branch of the company he got it from doesn't exist. But, he responds, the program is on my computer! Triumphantly, smugly.

You should have said
    "irrelevant."
    "that doesn't prove we put it there, just that you have it."
    "I refer you to our previous conversation."
    "oh! Well, then the IT department at the Vancouver site will be able to help you."
    I really should have said that.

SCANDALOUSLY OUTRAGEOUS
    Oh you know you love it Filly. </leatherclad Jade>

I concur. Of all the ponies, Trixie is the one most representable personality-wise even as an 'unintelligent' animal.
    I'm surprised midnight didn't hit you upside the head for that crack.

No worries! You're young, but you'll make it to the next one! We should do another PitP banner for our year-anniversary.
    ...Heee. ^//^

That's unfortunate, and we're gonna miss you. But you know what's best for you, and we'll just have to respect that
    How did I miss this post the first time through. It's really sad to see you go. We're going to miss you.

Not sure if 'hawt' or 'ewwww'
    T'would have been 'hawt' for any of us most likely. For poor Midnight though, it's most likely 'ewwww'. And I do not blame her one bit.

[QUOTE=SiuiS;12062451]Oh man! Can you do that? Can you die twice?

Totally! Haven't you heard of the spell Raise Dead? I know a couple of clerics of Ponylor who are more than happy to help out.

You know you've got me saying that now, right?
    Spoiler
    Show

*eyebrow*
    Statement or admission?
    Wait... What? Admission of what?

Eyup. Which reminds me, because I'm paranoid;
    When somepony asks us to speed up, we really shouldn't do it. We got by last time by the skin of our teeth, and I'd really rather not push it by having five rushed pages every thread
    Completely agreed.

A THIRD TIME
    HES DYING A THIRD TIME
    RUN AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
    Oh don't worry. There's plenty more where that came from.
    Oh Celestia help me why is this happening

Good! Nongrimdark use is the best use.
    There is very little grimdark that I like in pony fanon. It takes a special talent and skill to make it work in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I still read it, just like I still read crossover fics. However, just as a whole I tend to not enjoy it as much as Random, Comedy, Adventure or Shipping fics.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    For us to be unable to respond to?

Oh... Well, never mind then.
    Nah, for me to render ya'll speechless.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadora View Post
    *raises a hand* Uh-
    *clears throat* that is-
    I mean to say- *Lowers hand*

I think that's the first time I've been physically rendered speechless by ponythread. Masterfully done.
    That's only ever happened to me twice. I think I repressed the causes in realtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadora View Post
    I vaguely recall talk of a meet-up at Esper's, scheduled for when somepony wins the lottery. How about there?
    I still say this needs to happen. We really need to do a full ponythread meet someday. One of us strikes it rich and pays everypony's flight out to some central location.

You both are awesome ponies, and we're better off having you both around. You both have wonderful qualities and are both intensely creative and positive ponies. Don't either of you think any differently. And if either of you think differently, I'll start having to bring out the drastic measures!

(Also, if you think you both are blushing right now, think of how I feel! )
    Oh my gosh this is a cycle of blush. You ponies are absolutely amazing and I love you all.

...Is it bad that part of me wishes there weren't massive amounts of miles separating us all?

Ohmygoshohmygosh! Already working on my response, hopefully will get it out by the end of the night!
    Yaaaaaay! *Bounce Bounce Bounce*

Seeing your username reminded me.

*Midnight pounces upon Strife, and cuddles him mercilessly!

Thank you so much for doing that compliation of Titanium and I's RP, I just noticed that you've been keeping up to date with it, so I just have to thank you again for doing it.

*cuddlecuddlecuddle*
    Jade dives into the cuddle as well.

Yes, indeed, thank you so much Strife!

Why so? It's no different from a con meetup except it's entirely different.
    It's no different from a convention, except it's completely different and not different it all! Is it Steve?

Also, size-ist?

BIGOTRY DETECTED: FIRE THE ORBITAL SPACE LICH! Expected response: "pfffHAHAHAHAHAHA! *slap* no.
    Wait what why is this happening again OH CELESTI-

*BOOM*

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    What's wrong with Upendi anyway?

Random imagedump!
    Spoiler
    Show
    I want the hell out of that shirt.

Gracious, Rarity, how old are you?!

[spoilers]

Spoiler
    Show

Rarity pictured with the ACTUAL Starswirl. I'm not sure where they're getting this "the bearded" from. Maybe it's ironic; the pony version of Tiny the muscle man, or slim the fatguy.

Maybe the pictured Starswirl is the only male toy released, Nd looks so much like a girl he got picked on for it?

That's why he learned amniomorphic spells!
    "if I can save just one colt from ridicule for not having proper whiskers, I'll die a happy wizard. Just 199 or so other spells to invent first!"

In other news, I'm rather lucky. Caused mayhem, made new friends, made friends friendly to each other, and Nopony is the wiser.

that's probably just because they missed your respon--

NOPONY IS THE WISER.
    Okay, two notes here. One, how did they clear Lauren Faust's original designs for pony fashion for the toy but not the show?

And two: WAIT. THAT IS A MALE PONY ON THE RIGHT? WUT?

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    So, what's everypony's favorite line/s from Episode four? Or favorite costume? Remember to spoiler things.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not a genius, I'm a chicken! Buk-BAWK!

Nothing usually. But if I want to watch chowder, Fairly Odd Parents or Ed Edd & Eddy, I'll just go watch those shows, not ponies re-enacting them.

The full cast is marvelously deep. If that's bucked to the side so they can has crazy adventoors all the time, they are removing one of the beat parts of the show.

Crazy Twilight is funny, but even the few breaks she has had and that were played up for laughs make her look like a caricature. I enjoy deep ponies, which requires hijinks+, not just hijinks.
    It works for an episode every once in a while, and for Lesson Zero, in my opinion, it did work quite well. However, I hope Nightmare Night tends to be the trend. It was a deep and somewhat serious episode. Sure it had its humor, but it was still somewhat serious, which was perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeskee View Post
    I almost died from Cute Overload after reading that tumblr. (spoilered due to it being a new character from Ep4)
    OH MY CELESTIA HNNNNNNNNGH.

Rarity's Night

Spoiler
    Show
    A pony wasn't noble because they followed rules of etiquette or guidelines of decorum. Nobility and grace didn't come from bellowing in the Royal Canterlot Voice, a lesson his mother hand learned so many years before. No, it was something deep inside, a shining light that beckoned all with it's warmth.

Rarity was one of the most noble, most graceful ponies that Midnight had ever met. Would ever meet.

He had no need to see the stars that swirled around them, nor the blossoms that bloomed underneath their feet, for he could feel their magic beating inside him. He had no doubt that when tomorrow came, and the awkward young mare was in charge again, she would no doubt spend days, perhaps weeks trying to piece together the magic they had wrought. But right now, it was enough to know that it was right.

He felt her lips meet his, kissing him insistently. He looked into her eyes, seeing the brightness that radiated from them. He heard her words, and knew that there was no need to reply, save a tiny nod, and a hoof slipping around her head, as she snuggled it up against the crook of his neck.

He felt as if he could spend his entire life in this position, entwined with his Lady, and still not tire of it. Even if they never moved from this position for the rest of the night, he could think of no better thing to be doing, no more comfortable position to be in. This was more comfortable than any bed, any cushion.

He was with his Lady, and that was enough.

---

Spike could hardly tear his eyes away from the flowers. Despite all of the anxiety from before, despite the worry he knew that he should be feeling because of what was happening, he didn't feel the need to. He felt as calm as when he was on the verge of waking, and wonderful dreams were still tantalizingly fresh in his mind.

He should have been taking notes, he should have been calling Twilight. There were a thousand of things that he should have been doing, but none of it was important.

"I think...I'm gonna stay here...and wait for Midnight..."He whispered, as he felt his head beginning to droop. Despite his protests, it really was past the time he usually fell asleep, and that, combined with the calm that rolled over them, was taking it's toll. He slumped, starting to lean against Sweetie.

"I hope you don't mind..." He whispered, as he slowly closed his eyes, his head snuggling against Sweetie Belle's chest.

He lapsed into the world of dreams, falling asleep against the young mare beside him.

It makes me a little sad that we're closing in on the end, but I know well enough not to extend it past what it should be.
    I know, I'm sad it's almost over too. We definitely need to get into another role play at some point down the line once Rarity's night has finished. Because doing this RP has been one of the most awesome things I've ever been a part of.

[color="green"]OOOOHHHHHHH!
    Spoiler
    Show
    I completely missed that. Chains and bridles and such Re just regular pony clothes to me now >>;

Even worse, I kept expecting the cleopatra pony to have harem pants.
    Hurrrrrrr

"Yeah, yeah, you can blame me, but we both know the truth. You have a naturally filthy mind, I may have simply just skewed it towards certain viewpoints."
    *Laughs*

Midnight, you have just as dirty of a mind as he does, if not more so. Remember, you're the one who put Jade in leather.
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2011-10-23 at 09:16 PM.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

5. - Top - End - #425

*Midnight hrmphs playfully, crossing her hooves.

"Apparently being a succubus really wasn't an accident, if everypony is going to blame me for corrupting them!"

@Esper + Cuddlepiles: Waiting on Midnight (Or anypony else for that matter) to potentially give the poor Amish some root beer. Poor guy needs something to help him cope with the crippling loss of his reality-breaking pillows.
    Spoiler
    Show
    *Now that mostly everything with Stacy has been resolved, and most ponies are cuddling the giant Kaiju instead of running frm her, Nightmare flies off of the pony, intent on dealing with one last thing. As she alights on the ground, she turns back into Midnight.

Midnight trots over to Amish, and her horn glows, manifesting a cooler filled with ice and rootbeer.

"I'm sorry about the fort. For what it's worth, I thought what you did was absolutely amazing! You have a real knack for non-Euclidean geometrics!"

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    Oh my gosh this is a cycle of blush. You ponies are absolutely amazing and I love you all.

...Is it bad that part of me wishes there weren't massive amounts of miles separating us all?
    Not at all. One day, I intend to meet you all in person, I swear it.

I know, I'm sad it's almost over too. We definitely need to get into another role play at some point down the line once Rarity's night has finished. Because doing this RP has been one of the most awesome things I've ever been a part of.
    We will. Absolutely. We're not stopping at just this one thing, I'm not foalish enough to do something silly like that. *hugs*

*Laughs*

Midnight, you have just as dirty of a mind as he does, if not more so. Remember, you're the one who put Jade in leather.
    "Oh, I admit I have a filthy, filthy mind. I will also note that I might have dressed her in leather, but she was the one who played it to the hilt, and oh my it was so wonderful and I hope she wears that again and gives me another present and..."
    Last edited by EsperDerek; 2011-10-23 at 09:24 PM.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ogre in the Playground

*Midnight hrmphs playfully, crossing her hooves.

"Apparently being a succubus really wasn't an accident, if everypony is going to blame me for corrupting them!"
    "If it makes you feel any better, I decided everyone here was just crazy anyway. Also, I never did catch your name..."

HEY GUYS! GUESS WHO'S AN ORC... IN THE PLAYGROUND! THIS GUUUUUY! Woohoo and all that jazz.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Orc in the Playground

I have just been well and truly trolled. That's really all there is to say on the matter.

Edit: Double Homestuck reference combo! I was actually going to make a point of memorising your current "X is the playground" status so I could make an Echeladder joke whenever I saw it change. It's a shame you realised first.
    Last edited by MBI; 2011-10-23 at 09:28 PM.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    A bizarre combination of time looping and dimensional hopping.
    View it from a different angle. Space and time are kinda the same right? You can be in different places over time and you're still you. Why can't you be in different times over place and still be you? You can be in the same place over different times, so with the right powersource nothing prevents you from being in the same time over different places, right? Because [time] and [place] are both different axes on the same grid, and used for positioning. Graph your line sideways.

Time exists only from the reference point of the self. If you go "back in time" everything changes around you, but you don't suddenly feel like you're two selves. There is still only one you, and the only way to test it is to try and meet your past self. Which usually involves comical or tragi twists of fate as existence denies you the ability to see yourself, to prevent youfrom collapsing your reference frame and destroying yourself.

To an "outsider" the thought exercise dictates there would be two yous, but there are no outsiders. You have to view it solipsitically.

EDIT: music goes from speedmetal to Aqua's Heat of the Night. Sure, potentially awkward when customers are present, but a huge mood boost :3

EDIT AGAIN: response post! Squee~

9. - Top - End - #429
    Titan in the Playground

I meant to say it's becoming increasingly difficult to resist giving in. Amazing what difference one word can make.
    ah. well In that case I know exactly how you feel. Write my stroy already so I can get out of your head!
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboyinc View Post
    I have just been well and truly trolled. That's really all there is to say on the matter.

Edit: Double Homestuck reference combo! I was actually going to make a point of memorising your current "X is the playground" status so I could make an Echeladder joke whenever I saw it change. It's a shame you realised first.
    Homestuck... is awesome. I really, really wish that there was more crossover stuff. Specifically the Midnight Crew. (NO ARTS EXIST HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE RAGE RAGE RAGE)

OH LOOK WHAT I JUST FOUND:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm actually really proud of that song adaptation so I'm going to retype it here
    “Spades Slick, the Evil Enchanter”

He’s an evil ENCHANTER,
    He makes evil BANTER,
    And if you look into his eyes
    He will change up your LANTER,
    AND WHAT WILL HE DO?!
    He’ll call on his evil crew
    And they’ll murder you up,
    AND THEY’LL STEAL YOUR DOG, TOO!!
    Sooooooo….

WATCH OUT!!!!!!!!

AND LOOK WHAT ELSE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Tectonic Robot; 2011-10-23 at 09:36 PM.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Troll in the Playground

View it from a different angle. Space and time are kinda the same right? You can be in different places over time and you're still you. Why can't you be in different times over place and still be you? You can be in the same place over different times, so with the right powersource nothing prevents you from being in the same time over different places, right? Because [time] and [place] are both different axes on the same grid, and used for positioning. Graph your line sideways.

Time exists only from the reference point of the self. If you go "back in time" everything changes around you, but you don't suddenly feel like you're two selves. There is still only one you, and the only way to test it is to try and meet your past self. Which usually involves comical or tragi twists of fate as existence denies you the ability to see yourself, to prevent youfrom collapsing your reference frame and destroying yourself.

To an "outsider" the thought exercise dictates there would be two yous, but there are no outsiders. You have to view it solipsitically.
    Again, dimension hopping.

Did you read the posts where Leo was explaining his backstory, Exaltation and the Sol Society to Midnight? I swear it makes complete sense there.

Speaking of, I'm still surprised that Midnight didn't take back over when Leo explained why he needed to get his shoes replaced.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Colossus in the Playground

nMage: Space is a Lie. All places are oneplace. The only thing that matters is how things are connected. You have more connection to your mother ten thousand miles away than the stranger sitting next to you. The reality that says that your mother is less easy to access than the stranger is a lie that the Truth (magic) can defeat.

Goddamn Space Mages.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Troll in the Playground

I honestly couldn't tell which you meant originally, since the two parts of the prior statement seemed to be conflicting. What you just said there makes much more sense.

And yes, it is surprisingly good for a show about pastel-colored ponies that's made for little girls. That is because that's just what it looks like on the outside. I compare it to Pixar's movies or the Harry Potter books and movies, they're fun for all ages. I liked the interview where the team involved said they were making it for themselves pretty much, to try and make each other laugh or cry or think about the deeper meaning behind some of the scenes. If you can get past what it SEEMS to be and get into what it IS, then it's completely awesome. Okay, I admit I still skip the intro theme music whenever possible.

I'm pretty sure all Hasbro really wanted at a minimum was a 20 minute toy commercial, and they got so much more than they planned. Of course, I doubt they're unhappy they got more, but I think that was all they were expecting as a baseline though. Mad props to them for continuing to fund production, and mad props to the team for continuing to produce high quality episodes that people of all ages can enjoy.

"Noooo, no fair!! Some other pony was calling you a mule! I figured you'd much rather be a marshmallow!"

"Please don't hurt me."

It gets worse, I've watched the "Bronies watch G3" videos, I'm imagining a certain comment from the second video...

Edit2: I mean that I think of the comment when I see stuff like that, not that I am thinking what the comment mentions.

Edit:

Who cares? Enjoy ponies!
    I keep tearing myself away from this thread but it's got some of attractive force (like this video) that keeps pulling me back.

It's too late for me though. I'm already a clone (here, one, and the playground). Used to be a dragon. Now a clone.
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Barbarian in the Playground

EDIT: music goes from speedmetal to Aqua's Heat of the Night. Sure, potentially awkward when customers are present, but a huge mood boost :3

EDIT AGAIN: response post! Squee~
    Sadly, in the absence of magic or Sufficiently Advanced Technology, existence is a function in regards to time.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Ogre in the Playground

A possible side affect, sure. But I meant more "ask directly rather than hint at having questions and hoping somepony supplies answers."
    Sure, and I completely agree; that's the method I try to apply to most situations. I generally position the lecture phase after the question phase, though.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ettin in the Playground

I keep tearing myself away from this thread but it's got some of attractive force (like this video) that keeps pulling me back.

It's too late for me though. I'm already a clone (here, one, and the playground). Used to be a dragon. Now a clone.
    Soon, you'll get your ponytar. Then your life will be compleat!

(How long since we used this word?)

17. - Top - End - #437
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    Homestuck... is awesome. I really, really wish that there was more crossover stuff. Specifically the Midnight Crew. (NO ARTS EXIST HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE RAGE RAGE RAGE)

OH LOOK WHAT I JUST FOUND:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm actually really proud of that song adaptation so I'm going to retype it here
    “Spades Slick, the Evil Enchanter”

He’s an evil ENCHANTER,
    He makes evil BANTER,
    And if you look into his eyes
    He will change up your LANTER,
    AND WHAT WILL HE DO?!
    He’ll call on his evil crew
    And they’ll murder you up,
    AND THEY’LL STEAL YOUR DOG, TOO!!
    Sooooooo….

WATCH OUT!!!!!!!!

AND LOOK WHAT ELSE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think you especially will enjoy my secret project if it ever gets finished.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboyinc View Post
    I think you especially will enjoy my secret project if it ever gets finished.
    WHAT

WHAT IS THIS

WHAT

Duuuude, YOU CAN'T JUST LEAVE ME HANGING LIKE THAT. EXPLAIN! ELABORATE! CONTINUE! SECRETS ARE MEANT TO BE SHARED, BROSEF! SHARED!

Also, you guys seen the Darkest Apple core ask blog? It seems like a parody of grimdark tumblrs, and it's quite clever.
    Last edited by Tectonic Robot; 2011-10-23 at 09:44 PM.

19. - Top - End - #439

Not at all. One day, I intend to meet you all in person, I swear it.
    I really hope this actually happens. If you decide to shoot for BroNYcon January and need a place to stay on the rediculous drive down from Toronto, my place is right along the way. Anything I can do to facilitate ponythread meets.

The last one at the September con was amazing, and that was just me, Psycho, Vent, and Orzel. Who are all completely awesome ponies by the way.

We will. Absolutely. We're not stopping at just this one thing, I'm not foalish enough to do something silly like that. *hugs*
    *Hugs Back* I'm glad to hear it. I don't think I've ever found an RP partner I've bounced off of quite this well in years and years. In fact this is only the second time. I'd be a little depressed if we didn't manage to get something together again. This has seriously been absolutely amazing.

"Oh, I admit I have a filthy, filthy mind. I will also note that I might have dressed her in leather, but she was the one who played it to the hilt, and oh my it was so wonderful and I hope she wears that again and gives me another present and..."
    "Don't worry little Midnight... You'll get your chance again." She grins and winks from across the room, swaying her leatherclad flank as she struts sloooooowly away.

Spoiler
    Show
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ogre in the Playground

"Don't worry little Midnight... You'll get your chance again." She grins and winks from across the room, swaying her leatherclad flank as she struts sloooooowly away.
    Is... is that even legal?!
    Last edited by Tectonic Robot; 2011-10-23 at 09:45 PM.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Soon, you'll get your ponytar. Then your life will be compleat!

(How long since we used this word?)
    Can't, just can't. I'm a depressed 24 year old college dude man. Waaay too old for this stuff and wrong demographic by a far shot. Can be on good diplomatic terms though.

Here:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by gooddragon1; 2011-10-23 at 09:49 PM.

22. - Top - End - #442

That is called the ponysanity my friend. It's only a matter of time until you have a ponytar, and then about another three months until your ponytar completely takes over your mind. And then everything becomes so amazingly wonderful!

Is... is that even legal?!
    Who care's what's legal? That's the princess's daughter, she can get away with a lot. *Winks*

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ogre in the Playground

Who care's what's legal? That's the princess's daughter, she can get away with a lot. *Winks*
    I care what's legal! Legality is an important aspect of things!

24. - Top - End - #444
    Orc in the Playground

WHAT

WHAT IS THIS

WHAT

Duuuude, YOU CAN'T JUST LEAVE ME HANGING LIKE THAT. EXPLAIN! ELABORATE! CONTINUE! SECRETS ARE MEANT TO BE SHARED, BROSEF! SHARED!
    I take great pride in my mysterious ways! I never reveal my secret projects until the time is right!

I'm bored. I guess It's time to reveal one of my secret projects...
    Or at least give hints about it.

In other homestucky news, do you instantly think of Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff whenever you see "The Fun Has been doubled"?

25. - Top - End - #445

I care what's legal! Legality is an important aspect of things!
    Jade slides over to Candle, and drapes a hoof over his shoulder. "You know, what she says is the law. She's a princess. So nothing illegal's going on by royal decree." She appears to be fighting the massive mischievous grin from her face, but isn't exactly doing all that well.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #446
    Barbarian in the Playground

Can't, just can't. I'm a depressed 24 year old college dude man. Waaay too old for this stuff and wrong demographic by a far shot. Can be on good diplomatic terms though.
    You're right in the middle of the Brony demographic, my friend. I'm a 19 year old semi-depressed college student. Why should age or demographic interfere with FUN?

27. - Top - End - #447
    Troll in the Playground

This is funnier in light of my above post.
    I WILL HAMTASTICALLY PROCLAIM MY INNOCENCE. YOU CAN'T STOP ME. LA LA LA LA LA.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    On that topic it's been like 15 threads since I asked you what colour my writing was.
    Ooh! Ooh! Do me too SiuiS! What color is my writing?

Spoiler
    Show
    "Keep it? Well, I suppose that's 8 years off my prison sentence if that's gone from my lab. Go ahead!" Tinker said brightly. "So by this point I'm thinking you're a supercomputer. Which means," and with the same attitude as her former exorcism attempt, Tinker shouted at the top of her lungs, "THIS - STATEMENT - IS - FALSE!"
    Clockwork:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sek cringed slightly as Tinker shouted in his direction. "Uh, did you take voice lessons from the Princess, by any chance, Tinker? And anyway, I don't think my logic is quite that good...I'm much better at working with my hooves."

I must resist... what would other people think of me? Yes. Must resist.
    We will think you are a good fellow, and welcome you into the thread?

"Please don't hurt me."

Hmph! Well, as long as you don't mistake me for one of those ugly things...

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    nMage: Space is a Lie. All places are oneplace. The only thing that matters is how things are connected. You have more connection to your mother ten thousand miles away than the stranger sitting next to you. The reality that says that your mother is less easy to access than the stranger is a lie that the Truth (magic) can defeat.

Goddamn Space Mages.
    I wouldn't know...I keep coming up with Obrimos or Moros ones it seems :(

Also, Ep. re-re-re-re-watch thoughts:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spike is actually freaked out by the trick-or-treaters. Seriously!

Why is granny smith leading the kids around? They don’t even seem to be Apple family members...

Egyptian pony is awesome. Noticed it in the first watch-through; can’t believe I forgot to mention it all this time.

Also, it really seems like Spike chokes to death after Rainbow’s Shadowbolt appearance; kind of unnerving, really.

I love creepy!Zecora so much!

Sweetie vampire with a widow’s peak is kinda cute

I am totally getting one of my FFRP characters a chariot like Luna’s

Twilight is clearly the embodiment of the fandom here: “Princess Luna!" /fangasm

“WE COULD NOT BE HAPPIER. IS THAT NOT CLEAR?” - so going to exploit this...

I want a pumpkin catapult!

Luna’s Vice - Spite? She definitely seems to have an attitude of “if you won’t do things my way or have fun with me, we won’t do them at all!”

Love, love, love, LOVE the little princess pony who says “But I wanted to be a zombie next year!” - it’s stuff like this that makes me love this show...

Pinkie walking into Twilight’s setup: ‘Ooh! Piece of candy! Ooh! Piece of candy! Ooh! ...’

“Princess Luna! I finally figured out why you’re having so much trouble being liked!”
    “Forgive me if I withhold my enthusiasm.”
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

28. - Top - End - #448
    Orc in the Playground

I never really was a fan of the Dead Space series in all honesty. I'm not a fan of cheap jump horror, and that's all they really have going for them.

OH MY CELESTIA HNNNNNNNNGH.
    I imagine this pile of unconscious ponies stacked around that blog. Even Princess Molestia got in on it. (She did a completely G-rated one for him.)

Dead Space
    Spoiler
    Show

My most favorite video game reviewer in the world covered both Dead Space games:
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...333-Dead-Space
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...7-Dead-Space-2

Also, Unskippable took a shot at #2.
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...6-Dead-Space-2

I don't bother with any other video game reviews now, Yahtzee is like 99% right about everything.

Hint for those who haven't seen his reviews: He generally rips games a new oriface or two, even for games he likes. Actually, ESPECIALLY for games he likes. I think Portal 1 was the last game he didn't have any criticism about.

Aww, what an adorable video.

Hehe, just dive right in and watch some pony if you haven't already. I usually recommend Winter Wrap-Up or Swarm of the Century, or the new season 2 episodes 1 and 2.

I'm 10 years older than you.

Edit: Removed copyrighted video URLs, sorry mods.
    Last edited by Beeskee; 2011-10-24 at 01:39 PM.
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

PonyFort: IC and OOC threads.

29. - Top - End - #449

Quote Originally Posted by byaku rai View Post
    You're right in the middle of the Brony demographic, my friend. I'm a 19 year old semi-depressed college student. Why should age or demographic interfere with FUN?
    Agreed. I'm a 20 year old Information Technology professional. This is fun, and I've made some of the most awesome friends in this community.

There's nothing to be ashamed of. I'm not kidding when I say it's better to embrace it. I did the pseudo in the closet thing with my roomates for a few months. It's not particularly fun. What was fun however was bringing said non-bronies to a brony meetup.

People tend to be a lot more accepting than you'd expect.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #450
    Troll in the Playground

Agreed. I'm a 20 year old Information Technology professional. This is fun, and I've made some of the most awesome friends in this community.

There's nothing to be ashamed of. I'm not kidding when I say it's better to embrace it. I did the pseudo in the closet thing with my roomates for a few months. It's not particularly fun. What was fun however was bringing said non-bronies to a brony meetup.

People tend to be a lot more accepting than you'd expect.
    How is it that druid droid has resisted the allure of a ponytar then?! I must know his secret immunity to duplicate it and immunize the clones from this affliction!