New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Banned

Default Monster Campaign

Hello, I am your devil lord Asmodeus, we run a small buisness here in the church of As. I expect the lower intelligent creatures to snicker at the name.

As you know, competition is fierce in the world of the evil. We have to keep the biggest evil margin so our company does not get boughtout by some halfwit lesser devil, or worse.. a demon prince!

As such, my plan involves ruining valentine's day for the mortals! I don't care how you go about it, lie and say that some mortal cheated on thier spouse, that seems to create epic drama.. kill Cupid if you can, or go burn down a shop that sells valentines crap. I don't care! But by the end of the day I want to see valentine's day ruined!

Pay no mind to the gloom, he's just there to make sure you're doing your job, not lazying about. He's not paid to kill you, that's my responsibility and mine alone. Fail me, and suffer the consequinces!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Monster Campaign

Fragnikorre
    "Yes, my lord. I will serve you loyally. Now is the time to make star-crossed lovers and fools." With a deep bow, Fragnikkorre flys off in the cover of night to the nearest city or town. Once he has found one he alights high up on the top of the town's biggest temple, and waits. In the coming of the next day, Fragnikorre will listen to the bustlings ot the doomed mortals beneath him and formulate his plans to fully desecrate their holy day.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Freeze
    Hide- (1d20+12)[31]+8 if against stone background
    Listen- (1d20+3)[16]
    'Banjulhu' by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Right, boss." The small frame of Vm's host said, saluting sharply. His loose shirt hid a small lump on his side, Vm himself, hiding under the loose fabric, controlling the slave from there. In the boy's bag, he had a set of masterwork manacles he made the kid put on before shifting to a new host. The boy ran into town, eager to do mischief, looking around.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20+6)[5](11)
    Listen: (1d20+6)[9](15)
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Banned

Fraginkorre:
    Noone can see you, you see a little boy running with a teddy bear, things seem pretty quite around here. The teddy bear looks new, could it be a valentine's gift maybe? Ruining valentines day for children would probably earn you extra evil points with the boss!
    Last edited by Koga; 2008-02-15 at 01:37 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post
    "Right, boss." The small frame of Vm's host said, saluting sharply. His loose shirt hid a small lump on his side, Vm himself, hiding under the loose fabric, controlling the slave from there. In the boy's bag, he had a set of masterwork manacles he made the kid put on before shifting to a new host. The boy ran into town, eager to do mischief, looking around.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (2d6)[9]
    Listen: [roll1]
    You notice nothing. And a little boy comes running right into you. At the speed he was coming, you take 2d6 damage. Or rather, the boy you were currently possesing does.
    (2d6)[9]

Your boy was in relatively good shape (probably from you posessing it) having a 12 in his dex, str, and con. (Remember, it's a level 1 commoner..) The boy also has toughness feat. (So this boy has 8hp lol!)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Banned

And now you'll need to make a fort save to see if you're dying or just disabled lol!

Or you can take posession of the boy, but that'll take a round.

7. - Top - End - #7

Seeing my host dying, I manifest psionic charm on the new boy, I auto-succeed the PP cost, and he makes a DC 19 will save or be charmed.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8

Fragnikorre
    Screw Vm. Fragnikorre swoops down from his perch above the two and Grabs the kid and pulls him up into the air. He flys the kid (and Vm, if he's attached) to the top of the temple, to the roof.
    Grapple- (1d20+5)[18]
    Grapple(to hold)- (1d20+5)[6]
    'Banjulhu' by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #9

Since said boy is dying and helpless, we'll assume he's not exactly struggling, and go from there. <I had it under control> I mention telepathically to the stony winged thing, who I recognized from our brief commingling in the church.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm gonna make a heal check to see if I can stabilize my host.
    (1d20+2)[5](7)
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10

Fragnikorre
    "you think I care, worm? The kid's mine. Just 'cause you break yours doesn't mean you can have mine. I have very special plans for this cretin."
    'Banjulhu' by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #11

Fragnikorre
    Frag's gonna try picking up the kid again, in case he faile the first time. Should be easier this time if the kid's inder Vm's control.

Grapple- (1d20+5)[14]
    Grapple(to hold)- (1d20+5)[11]
    'Banjulhu' by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #12
    Banned

Seeing my host dying, I manifest psionic charm on the new boy, I auto-succeed the PP cost, and he makes a DC 19 will save or be charmed.
    Will save:
    (1d20)[18]

13. - Top - End - #13
    Banned

Try as the boy might, the boy fell under your control, however, as soon as you were going to latch on to him some gargoyle came to pick him up. Ruining your plans.

(Though you both work for Asmodeous, you are of opposing alignment, chaotic/lawful evil, so there's gonna be some tension..)

Meanwhile the boy realizes he's up in the air with some gargoyle, he knows even if he fights and manages to pull free he'll surely fall to his death. So the boy shakingly responds

"What do you want from me?! I'm just a boy!"

And pees himself. Now Fragginkore has to carry a wet child.
    Last edited by Koga; 2008-02-15 at 01:35 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Banned

Since said boy is dying and helpless, we'll assume he's not exactly struggling, and go from there. <I had it under control> I mention telepathically to the stony winged thing, who I recognized from our brief commingling in the church.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm gonna make a heal check to see if I can stabilize my host.
    [roll0]
    You fail, your boy's body starts growing cold as his internal organs begin to fail.

But what's this? A girl is suddenly running toward you as well. (You can see the gargoyle flying away but he can't see you) The girl is yelling to giveback her teddybear.

She then sees you.

"What the hell are you suppose to be?

Wait.. i'm getting distracted.. COMEBACK HERE WITH MY TEDDY!!!"

Something doesn't seem quite right about this girl, not like "evil" unright but like "powerful" unright. A wierd creepy voice tells you she's a level 7 sorcerer.
    Last edited by Koga; 2008-02-15 at 01:36 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15

Fragnikorre
    Fragnikorre stops at about 75 feet above the ground (Hover feat), and seizes the teddy bear from the boy ((Grapple- (1d20+5)[21])) and lets him drop, informing him "Heh, all I wanted was your teddy, kid. You can go now!"
    'Banjulhu' by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #16

I manifest psionic charm once again, hoping to take a new, more powerful host. <Kid, I can help you get back that teddy of yours. Pick me up, and we can work together.> I mention, telepathically to the girl.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rolling a bluff check (1d20+14)[1](15)
    And remember, DC 19 to resist my charms.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Banned

Being a little girl she's niave and stupid and picks you rightup. "Yay!" And you now have control.

Little Sorcerer Girl: HP: 28 AC: 10
    BaB: +3
    Ref: +2 Fort: +2 Will: +5

Familiar: None, though you can choose to summon one if you like.

Str: 10
    Con: 10
    Dex: 10
    Int: 10
    Wis: 10
    Cha: 16

--Skills--
    Spellcraft: +10
    Climb: +2
    Knowledge (Arcana): +9
    Knowledge (Religion): +10

--New Sorcerer Ability--
    Your massive damage threshold is now 25+2 per sorcerer level. (so 39)

Feats:
    Improved Familiar (Works a bit differantly now, will explain if you summon one)
    Track
    Bonus Spell

Spells Little Girl Knows:
    Level 3:
    Heroism
    Displacement
    Fireball

Level 2:
    Command Undead
    Knock
    Touch Of Idiocy

Level 1:
    Burning Hands
    Ray of Enfeeblement
    Magic Aura
    True Strike
    Mage Armor

Level 0:
    Ray of Frost
    Acid Splash
    Detect Poison
    Ghost Sound
    Detect Magic
    Light
    Touch of Fatigue

However, you're going to need to make a reflex save DC 12 or take 7d6 damage from the falling boy. You make the ref save regardless of your next action.

You can also get creative and use a spell to save you (Spellcraft DC 10+spell's level)

Or you can use one of your psionic powers if you think that'll work.

Or if you want within the round you can also make a tumble check DC 9 incase your reflex save fails.

All checks have auto-fail or success on a 1 or 20. So you have to make the check regardless. (d100 psionic powers dont apply to auto success/failure)
    Last edited by Koga; 2008-02-15 at 07:22 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18

I'll have my host make the reflex save and the tumble check, while I manifest energy missile [fire], hoping to knock the boy out of the way and vaporize whatever I can.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ref. save (1d20+2)[20](22)
    Tumble check(1d20)[20](20)
    psi check(1d100)[88](88)
    Missile damage (3d6+3)[5][4][1](13)
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19

Fragnikkore
    "Well now, that makes one teddybear stolen, one child killed and one annoying little worm's plans foiled."
    Fragnikkore laughs to himself. He is unaware, or perhaps uncaring that his recently discarded passenger is about 120 mph away from incapacitating the worm entirely. His thoughts now lay on trying to figure out where the parents of this boy could be found. A teddybear stuffed with real innards may make the perfect Valentine's Day gift! As always, the first course of action is some reconnaissance. Fragnikorre resumes his post on the temple walls, listening for news of the boy's demise.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Freeze
    Hide
    - (1d20+12)[21]+8 if against stone background
    Listen- (1d20+3)[19]
    Spot- (1d20+7)[17]
    'Banjulhu' by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #20
    Banned

I'll have my host make the reflex save and the tumble check, while I manifest energy missile [fire], hoping to knock the boy out of the way and vaporize whatever I can.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ref. save (3d12)[12]
    Tumble check[roll1]
    psi check[roll2]
    Missile damage [roll3]
    Holy crap.

Not only do you blow the boy to smitherins with your energy missle, but the heaping ball of flame that's left swirls toward you and you kick it like a proffesional soccer player. You then land on your feet like a prize athelete.

Fragginkore heres the sizzeling of fire and then notices a big ball of fire coming toward him, it him, the ball deals 3d12 damage, and he'll need to make a reflex saving throw of 14 to halve the damage.

(3d12)[12]

21. - Top - End - #21

Ignoring the consequences of my awesome destructive psionics, I steer my host out of public eye, ducking behind the church after having her loot my original host's corpse, and question her on three subjects: Why the teddy is so important to her, the social status of the town, and the location of cupid.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm guessing that's a no-roll, then a knowledge (local) and knowledge (religion).
    Local: (1d20)[5](5)
    Religion: (1d20+10)[16](26)
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22

Fragnikorre
    (1d20+10)[25]
    'Banjulhu' by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #23
    Banned

Ignoring the consequences of my awesome destructive psionics, I steer my host out of public eye, ducking behind the church after having her loot my original host's corpse, and question her on three subjects: Why the teddy is so important to her, the social status of the town, and the location of cupid.
    She tells you she doesn't know what you're talking about when it comes to cupid.

She isn't up to date on the town either, infact, she's isolated from society as a whole, cooped up in the church because of her power, most sorcerers don't reach her level of power untill thier late 20s. So she's progressing at an alarming rate, they think she may be thier saivor.

The teddy bear holds not significant value. It's just a personal toy of her's given to her by her father who died.

When she got some fresh air, apparently a scheming child was jealous of her power, being seeing as the future scion of the town and perhaps the world. And stole it.

Being this close to the church though was probably not a good idea...

Four paladins sorround you from all sides with thier swords out, they have this strange glittery belt around them. You don't know what it does, but you're sure it had something to do with them being able to sneakup on you.

One of the paladin's responds
    "What kindof ego does it take to posess the scion right under the church?"

These paladins don't look particularly exprienced, maybe in thier lates 20s. About level 9.

They don't know what you are, but they sensed the dramatic change in her alignment and know it's some sortof posession.
    Last edited by Koga; 2008-02-16 at 12:45 AM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by browng-08 View Post
    Fragnikorre
    [roll0]
    You manage to avoid most of the blast. A leering evil voice mocks you inside your head.

"Are you going to let that psychic tick push you around like that?!"

25. - Top - End - #25

I manifest energy missile [sonic] and four of the five I aim for their swords, and the last one I aim at one of them. My host runs past whoever doesn't have a weapon anymore, then drops a fireball over them. Remember, sonic ignores hardness, and longswords have 5HP.

Spoiler
    Show
    Six damage rolls, a tumble check to avoid AAOs, a psicraft and a spellcraft check.
    Psicraft(1d100)[6](6)
    Missile damages:
    (3d6-3)[1][5][5](8)
    (3d6-3)[5][1][4](7)
    (3d6-3)[6][2][5](10)
    (3d6-3)[4][1][3](5)
    (3d6-3)[3][2][5](7)
    Tumble(1d20)[14](14)
    Spellcraft(1d20+10)[1](11)
    Damage(7d6)[4][6][2][6][2][4][1](25)

Whew. So many dice!
    Last edited by Admiral Squish; 2008-02-16 at 01:10 AM.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Banned

The energy rays succeed and all the swords shatter and bend, the paladins are started and as you do a summersault away, you then invoke a fireball to blast them, but the spell goes awry.

It creates a jetpack like effect and though they take no fire damage just a blinding flash of light, you go proppelling across the street about 140ft.

Unless you can think of a way to stop yourself, you'll slam right into an upcoming wall for 14d6 falling damage lol!

27. - Top - End - #27

I manifest Astral Construct an augment it by one, making a medium construct with the buff and deflection abilities. I put it in front of us and have it catch us.

Spoiler
    Show
    Grapple check for a soft landing, or it cuts the flight short anyway.
    (1d20+4)[15](19)
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Banned

The astral construct manages to grab your host by the collor of her robes and though it's uncomfertable and hard to breathe at first, she's fine and more importantly, you're fine.

However, you can hear the paladins arguing from relatively small distance.

"That demon broke our swords!"
    "We should get the bows and the mounts to catch him and shoot him from afar."
    "What about the scion?!"
    "Sleeping arrows duuur!"

Paladins are not stealthy creatures, but you know it's only a matter of minutes before they get thier horses and sleeping bows together.
    Last edited by Koga; 2008-02-16 at 02:41 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29

I make my host drop another fireball over them, and I manifest a second energy missile [fire], targeting each of them once.

Spoiler
    Show
    Repetition!
    Psicraft(1d100+2)[41](43)
    Missile damage:
    (3d6+3)[6][5][2](16)
    (3d6+3)[1][2][6](12)
    (3d6+3)[4][4][6](17)
    (3d6+3)[4][6][4](17)
    Spellcraft (1d20+10)[4](14)
    Fireball (7d6)[3][2][6][4][3][3][3](24)
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Red the dragon is walking through the city disguised as a regular human, so as to better cause havoc unnoticed. When he notices the fight erupting between a girl and four paladins, he decides to stay close and watch the development.