New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Elexxion Industries Transhuman Clinic

LAB

"Here, sir," the assistant hands him a single earbud, which can be placed comfortably in either ear. "You'll know when we're ready for you."

We can timeskip, or Andy can take a break from the Clinic, or he can just walk around. Whatever you'd like.

"My name's Emma, by the way!"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

2. - Top - End - #242
    Pixie in the Playground

[Lobby]

"My family..."

"They..."

Spec's "loss" of all but one of her family members is patently the most touchy subject one could possibly bring up around her.

"They've been dead for ten years. They left behind an eight year old child and a six year old child, the elder of which sold herself into slavery as a gladiator so that the other would be fed and clothed and schooled by a person she never met. So that she'd have a chance to live life."

"There were no family friends to shelter us or feed us back then. There was nobody to dissuade me from signing up to be canon fodder until the day that I die. And if someone argues that they're my friend because I won them a fat stack of cash in some stupid bet, you can tell them that I have a personal message for them. The message? 'Start running.'"

Spec's tone is initially mournful, but the hopeless quality of her speech is quickly overshadowed by her anger! How dare someone call himself or herself a family friend of her's! What nerve! And then to prank her on top of that!

A controlled jet of flame erupts from her left hand! Whoops! She didn't mean to do that!

Focusing no longer on the hilt but on another's gall and her flamethrower hand, the hilt tumbles from her right hand, tinking off of the floor.

"..."

"Um..."

Spec's concentration shifts back to the hilt, which flies up into her hand again.

"Weird?"

3. - Top - End - #243
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    LAB

"Here, sir," the assistant hands him a single earbud, which can be placed comfortably in either ear. "You'll know when we're ready for you."

We can timeskip, or Andy can take a break from the Clinic, or he can just walk around. Whatever you'd like.

"My name's Emma, by the way!"
    LAB

Andy will nod at that information. Then he leaves to get his walk.

((Let's just Timeskip things since I have to amny things going Inside and I'm not really seeing something coming up. Unless Elexxion tries to send a spy/someone who watches after him behind him.))
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

4. - Top - End - #244
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lobby

Someone new walks into the Lobby. He is distinctly not a human, but perhaps some people may recognize him as a Quarren, an aquatic squid-like race from the universe that Jedi come from.

He's looking around, viewing the ads and informational items, but making his way toward an information desk.

5. - Top - End - #245

Lobby

"No! No, it wasn't like that. He said he was friends with your parents, ma'am. He said that," Gary points at the hilt. "Was some kind of heirloom. He said it was time you received it." Gary, being a polite young man, bends to pick up the hilt and offer it back to Spec. He smiles awkwardly, hoping he hasn't helped offend or upset her somehow at the mention of her dead parents.

-----

Meanwhile, the newcomer is greeted by a busy-looking Secretary. Marge, as she's called, sets her things down to examine the Quarren. Well, certainly not the strangest thing she's seen today. "Can I help you?"

Lab

Actually, yes, he might find himself tailed by none other than Emma. The security guards are everywhere in this area, so it's Emma's job to ensure Andy stays out of trouble.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

6. - Top - End - #246
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lobby

"Yes, I represent a group that might be interested in your company and your services. I would like specific information on your company, if you would be so kind."

The quarren speaks in basic (that is, english) with a bit of an accent... but given that quarrens have a completely different mouth structure, some accent is unavoidable.

7. - Top - End - #247

Lobby

Marge's eyebrows rise. A whole group? Oooh, she can smell a big commission. She's both surprised and pleased by his fine articulation of the English language. "What specifics do you need, sir?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

8. - Top - End - #248
    Pixie in the Playground

[Lobby]

Spec reclaims the hilt that Gary recovered for her. He's a swell guy, if perhaps a little gullible. Not that I, as a player, am implying that he's been duped. Spec thinks he has, though! But he has her thanks, nonetheless.

With ambition and courtesy on his/her side, a charismatic person will go far in almost any universe.

"Thanks. And that's good to know."

"But before anything else goes wrong we might want to prep me for surgery?"

Spec prompts, twiddling her thumbs nervously once she's tucked away the hilt inside one of the pockets of her hoodie.

Surgery. Oh gods. Spec senses that this will go to heck in a handbasket. But that's just because she's afraid of surgery. Her soothsaying won't have any real bearing on the outcome of the operation.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lobby

"Information on the company, it's history, whether it's native to the nexus, information on past disasters. I realize that not all of it might seem wise to make available, but I dare say that a company that hides it's history seems a lot more suspicious than one with a slight incident three years ago. Of course, we can do the research ourselves if we have a starting point."

"In any case, I'm getting ahead of myself. Do you have enough time right now to answer my numerous questions, or could you point me to someone who does?"

10. - Top - End - #250

Lab -> Outside

If that comes obviouse he will just leave the building for his walk. He needs to clear his mind and with her around he can't get it. After all he assumes they do have cams here as well so going somewhere else might be the best option.
    Last edited by Zefir; 2012-08-22 at 04:38 PM.

11. - Top - End - #251

[Lobby --> Surgical Wing]

"Oh, of course," Gary says, pointing her in the direction of the surgical wing. Just up a set of stairs and to the right, apparently. "Please, come with me. You'll have our AI... Bellicus as your doctor today. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask."

[Lobby --> Core]

"Well, sir, I couldn't exactly answer all of those myself. But I can introduce you to someone who can, if you'd like," Gertrude says. Damn, there goes her shot at it. Hopefully one of the Auditors will be able to help this fellow, anyway. Lord knows that poor girl Naitiri is busy enough.

Outside

Well, Emma doesn't quite leave the clinic, a bit embarrassed that Andy noticed her. Though for a couple blocks, the doctor will find cameras trained on him when they shouldn't be, and perhaps the occasional heavy-aug security officer watching him from a distance.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-08-22 at 08:34 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

12. - Top - End - #252
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lobby --> Core

"Yes, that would be appreciated."

The Quarren will follow, Obviously paying attention to the surroundings as they proceed. He doesn't seem to be nosy, just attentive. He will probably notice any obvious security measures.

13. - Top - End - #253

Core

The Quarren is led upstairs, through the offices and on into the neon-chrome Core. Down a long hallway lit by warm, thrumming supercomputers, there is a dim circular room. Several strange-looking men and women sit here, oblivious to all else, their minds engulfed entirely in the Net. The first to notice his presence is a young man of Japanese descent, the most... human looking of them all. The strangest thing is his wavy, jutting hair, which is marked in places by pulsing blue lines.

"Thanks Marge," Iaito says, nodding to the head secretary. "You're curious about the company, Mister...?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

14. - Top - End - #254
    Pixie in the Playground

[Surgical Wing]

Spec nods in acknowledgement of Gary's instruction. She'll proceed up the stairway alongside Gary, her hands likely shaking. She's terrified of this, petrified out her wits. But she'll face her fears down! She always does!

"So..."

"Will this hurt? Is it normal for AIs to do this sort of thing? Do I need to remove my clothes? My Military Issue Wrist Device and brands won't disrupt things and unshackle the AI, will they?"

Spec's tone of voice betrays her true feelings on this surgery. She's frightened. People have taken advantage of her before. What if these people are bad people, not good people? What would become of her?

15. - Top - End - #255
    Dwarf in the Playground

Core

"Sedrat Quelg. I represent The Discerning Eye, an elite social group currently spreading into the nexus. Not nexus-native, but it is gaining some local support."

If Iato cares to look it up and knows where to look, he will find that "The Discerning Eye" has been making connections and purchasing some out-of-the-way property. Both in Inside and Riverside, but there is next to nothing in Riverside. If he's really good, he will be able to find references to a few bulk purchases. That all the more he would find on official channels, though.

16. - Top - End - #256

[Surgical Wing]

They'll proceed down a long, quiet hallway. On either side, the sound of clicking, clanking mechanical arms can be heard. Gary takes a moment to think before replying smartly, "No, yes, yes, and no. Not unless you intend to 'unshackle' Belicus, but I don't think he'd do much in any event." Gary gives her a sidelong smile. "Don't be scared, ma'am. AIs like Belicus provide an unprecedented level of precision. There is no danger involved whatsoever."

[Core]

"Ah, more new arrivals," Iaito says, trying to sound interested. It's hard for him to stay that way in meatspace, such as it is, but he does his best. "And what has gotten you so interested in Elexxion?"

Iaito takes a moment to examine this group's background on NexNet, but obviously finds next to nothing. 'Elite social group' sounded rather strange.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

17. - Top - End - #257
    Dwarf in the Playground

Core

"The potential of what you offer, of course. For rich eccentrics, transhumanism has a good amount of potential. Even if not everyone wants to actually try the surgeries, there is some curiosity about whether you offer advanced robots. Servant robots, or maybe even bodyguard robots, have their appeal." He says this as if he has some experience with it.

18. - Top - End - #258

Core

"Elexxion specializes in creating bio-mechanical beings called Revenants. They serve us in many capacities. Bodyguards, butlers or maids, among other things," Iaito explains slowly, smiling. A whole new body of high-class customers. Everyone in the Clinic's getting a little richer today."Miss Gertrude can show you some, then, if you'd like."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

19. - Top - End - #259
    Dwarf in the Playground

Core

"That would be nice. However, ultimately my group is picky about who they choose to associate with. The information I asked for, or at least most of it, would be necessary before they would agree to anything. However, an in-depth explanation of the potential services would be appreciated. I would gladly send forward any information."

Sedrat is doing the equivalent of smiling, but it's basically impossible for a untrained human to tell. I guess Iaito could look up Quarren facial expressions if he felt like it...

20. - Top - End - #260

Core

"Well, Elexxion is happy to disclose any and all records to the discerning customer. Where would you like to start?" Iaito says, bringing up a large holographic display between the two of them. Iaito is still seated in his chair, cords running into the back of his head, so any research or reference is done at will.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

21. - Top - End - #261

Outside

Well, Emma doesn't quite leave the clinic, a bit embarrassed that Andy noticed her. Though for a couple blocks, the doctor will find cameras trained on him when they shouldn't be, and perhaps the occasional heavy-aug security officer watching him from a distance.
    Outside back to Lab

Unless they interrupt him anywhere he will return after geting the news that all recources are available now.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Dwarf in the Playground

Core

"The main thing is your company history... mainly any notable incidents. Basic stuff to make sure that you keep customer information private and are responsible enough to avoid the traditional mistakes of this kind of company... like renegade AIs or zombie outbreaks."

You know, the important things.

23. - Top - End - #263

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Outside back to Lab

Unless they interrupt him anywhere he will return after geting the news that all recources are available now.
    Andy will return to find a grinning Emma holding the lab door for him. Inside, everything that was on his list has been laid out, unpackaged, and prepared for SCIENCE. The Clinic has spared no expense.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Core

"The main thing is your company history... mainly any notable incidents. Basic stuff to make sure that you keep customer information private and are responsible enough to avoid the traditional mistakes of this kind of company... like renegade AIs or zombie outbreaks."

You know, the important things.
    "You must understand, Elexxion has existed for several hundred years. Even I don't have every record," Iaito explains, bringing up a video of the most recent incident - an unwanted conflict with the natives of a post apocalyptic world. There are several hundred mutant humans marching through the city streets, destroying everything they can touch, tearing down holo-displays. In turn, heavily augmented security personnel fire into the crowd, killing at random before they're overwhelmed by sheer numbers. "But this was one of our most recent incidents. We've had some... issues with the native population of PA-118. Our operators are required to have cloning contracts, so no one was hurt, but the natives are still being pacified."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

24. - Top - End - #264
    Dwarf in the Playground

Core

"What caused this incident? Are such troubling things common?"

He examines the recording with interest. Obviously, then, Elexxion is not Nexus-Native.

25. - Top - End - #265

Core

"Apparently, the local population worships uranium. Part of the reason they look that way," Iaito says, gesturing toward the violent recording. "Some of the Frontier guys tried to mine some. You can see how that turned out." Iaito switches the video feed off. "We don't get natives a whole lot. We mostly harvest resources from PA worlds - nobody left to miss them. This sort of thing is... rare."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

26. - Top - End - #266
    Dwarf in the Playground

Core

"Okay. I would also like information about..."

I figure most of this stuff could be hand waved, unless there is something that is specifically hidden.

27. - Top - End - #267

Andy will return to find a grinning Emma holding the lab door for him. Inside, everything that was on his list has been laid out, unpackaged, and prepared for SCIENCE. The Clinic has spared no expense.
    [Lab]

Andy nods and then clears some things.
    First he will set several times for breakfast and lunch. He will ask her to prepare the meals for the time and never interrupt him between these breaks. As a warning Andy tells her that if she does otherwise things can get bad. These things only count for one week, in which Andy is going to mix the material he needs. Last time he made a mistake and well he lost most of his left side, even thought it was through a door.

28. - Top - End - #268

Core

The quarren will be given everything he needs. Nothing is hidden, at least nothing obvious, and he'll earn a summation of the company's entire history. It would seem that Elexxion grew from a one man's mineral mining company, and grew from there into a scientific and medical conglomerate that has built entire cities. They are the foremost frontiersmen from their iteration of Earth, and continue to expand their 'borders' as they go along.

"Any other incidents can be transmitted to the Discerning Eye digitally. Do you have an email or other NexNet contact information?" Iaito finishes. "Would like to be shown our services and products, or would you like a summary of those attached to our incident file?"

LAB

Ever tolerant, Emma 'writes down' the times and instructions on her holo-pad. She nods dutifully at his orders, and promises no other personnel will be allowed in while Andy works.

"Do you... still need my assistance, sir?" Emma asks tentatively. Otherwise, she'll be stuck making his meals and little else for a week.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

29. - Top - End - #269
    Dwarf in the Playground

Core

Sedrat pulls out a business card. It has an Email address on it, and the image of an eye shape with an upside-down triangle for a pupil. Hmm... there is a pin in the same shape on Sedrat's collar. That, presumably, is the Discerning Eye.

"Your honesty and straightforwardness is reassuring. I would very much like to see your services and products now, yes."

30. - Top - End - #270

[Lab]

Andy started to take a look over the tools and stuff brought here.

"Not for this. The last time I did this I lost my arm. It's a very dangerouse process."

He sights while passing a calendar.

"Even the same time."