New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Pie and Predation

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinale View Post
    Mirror hovers the glass over towards her head, and takes a experimental sip. Her eyes basically lit up like someone was shining a flashlight from behind them.
    "I think we have a winner," Doc whispers to Mirror with a smirk. "Reckon I should get the recipe."

Bertly made a sound that possibly indicated that the robot was happy that everyone was doing their best to follow the law.
    "Speaking of designated drivers, soon as everyone gets their things scanned and settled, I wouldn't mind us getting underway. If that's alright with the pegasi?" Doc asks in a polite tone.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Doc repaired the damage and bandaged it up pretty well. "There, should be all better now."
    Aah, thanks Doc. Moonshadow sighed in relief, experimentally flexing her leg.

Quote Originally Posted by RCgothic View Post
    Stellar happily motions for Mirror to try some of her drink. Then she turns back to Viridia and Moonshadow.

"I suppose one of us had to be designated driver," Stellar replies to Viridia.

"Did Moonshadow tell you about the show we put on to distract the griffons who would have caught us sneaking in? I was all whoosh!" she sweeps with her wing feathers as though they were tiny pegasi.

"And then I was all twirl!" she pirrouettes slightly wobbly-ly.

"And Moonie was all sculpt! And then I went pow!" She air-punches.

"And then I strutted like th-" Stellar's reenactment comes to an abrupt end as she struts sideways into one of the bus's benches, landing in a tangled heap of limbs on top of it. She raises a feather undeterred "Except, like, 120% cooler! And it totally worked!"

She disentangles herself awkwardly, until she resting her head on her wings on the bench in front. "And I don't think you saw the next bit Moonie, but I totally charmed Abaas's hot griffon captain and he gave me a cocktail." She raises a feather to point at Mirror and the oversize drink.

"I think it was meant for Abbas or something. Heh. Sucker didn't stand a chance." she boasts, but then her smirk turns dreamy.

"Did you know griffons were hot?" She asks airily. "I didn't know griffons were hot."
    It was pretty awesome. Moonshadow agreed. Though I didn't know you liked griffons like that. Oh well, whatever charges your cloud.

"Speaking of designated drivers, soon as everyone gets their things scanned and settled, I wouldn't mind us getting underway. If that's alright with the pegasi?" Doc asks in a polite tone.
    We should wait for a little bit, give Fan Knife a chance to show up. We were right at the entrance to Shade's place when she pulled her disappearing act. Moonshadow said, frowning. If she bailed when I ****ed up, fine, but now where is she?
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    "STRATA! I need some magic done! Please thanks!" Viridia called out.
    Strata made a noise that sounded a lot like 'yarp', her eyes widening and looking as if she was just caught off guard, despite having watched Doc make his prognosis, and sort of wobbled over towards Viridia with her horn lit up.

She then focused on the armor for about fifteen seconds, and then she just shrugged.

"Sorry, it's just glittery." Strata replied, turning immediately back to the spot she was rised from and settling back down, avoiding the dog as she did so.

"I think we have a winner," Doc whispers to Mirror with a smirk. "Reckon I should get the recipe."
    Mirror nodded back at Doc as if he just said the smartest thing she had ever heard from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    It was pretty awesome. Moonshadow agreed. Though I didn't know you liked griffons like that. Oh well, whatever charges your cloud.
    "Griffons have lived in Equestria for centuries, lass, it's not like she's sweet with zebra." Bertly replied.

We should wait for a little bit, give Fan Knife a chance to show up. We were right at the entrance to Shade's place when she pulled her disappearing act. Moonshadow said, frowning. If she bailed when I ****ed up, fine, but now where is she?
    A small thump came from the entrance of the bus, and Fan Knife hopped inside and quickly discarded her share of treasure onto the floor.

"Needed to wash my face with some irradiated water." The filly said quietly, before slowly making her way to right side of the vehicle, without a single dot of snow marking her hat or jacket, "So, did anyone die here when I was with Viridia?"
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2018-08-29 at 06:27 PM.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Strata made a noise that sounded a lot like 'yarp', her eyes widening and looking as if she was just caught off guard, despite having watched Doc make his prognosis, and sort of wobbled over towards Viridia with her horn lit up.

She then focused on the armor for about fifteen seconds, and then she just shrugged.

"Sorry, it's just glittery." Strata replied, turning immediately back to the spot she was rised from and settling back down, avoiding the dog as she did so.
    Well, Viridia's words get Choro to look at her again. Withering disdain is still attention, right? Calling Strata over from another conversation like the older unicorn was her personal magic attendant. The little mage refrains from comment however, waiting until Strata has returned to her chosen corner of the bus before continuing. "They're local wizards, yes. They seem to be a fairly loose group, a lot of ponies doing their own thing and helping others with magic and technology. But they offer tuition and have an internal hierarchy and system. They offered me membership."

Choro looks sheepish at the last point. She does not want to recount just what happened with the entry exam right now. Perhaps that's what's kept her worried, rather than the Lodge itself. But she can still remember a less positive account of the guild-mages.

"They are powerful, secretive, and have no restrictions on their actions... They dabble in dark magic and worse; one cannot even go to the former campuses near the downtown core, as that is where they undergo their experiments and where they dump their failures."
    Thanatos might not be the most reputable pony in the Wasteland. But she won't write his words off, even if Just World and Nightcore have given a better impression.

A small thump came from the entrance of the bus, and Fan Knife hopped inside and quickly discarded her share of treasure onto the floor.

"Needed to wash my face with some irradiated water." The filly said quietly, before slowly making her way to right side of the vehicle, without a single dot of snow marking her hat or jacket, "So, anyone die here when I was with Viridia?"
    Choro sighs, more relieved to see the final missing pony than anything else. "No, thank Celestia. Everything's been quiet."

5. - Top - End - #185

Aah, thanks Doc. Moonshadow sighed in relief, experimentally flexing her leg.
    "Yer quite welcome," Doc replies. He packs up his medical kit and cleans his hooves.

"3... 2... 1..."

"Bingo." Doc makes two beds from available cloth and clothing materials he's been collecting, one for himself and the other for Mirror. He lies down on one, adjusting his hat to partly shade his eyes.

Choro sighs, more relieved to see the final missing pony than anything else. "No, thank Celestia. Everything's been quiet."
    Sure, thank Celestia no pony died, but what about thank the doctor who did most of the work today preventing death? Nah, he doesn't say anything, just lets off a quiet chuckle while he relaxes. It just sounded kind of funny to him.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Valin View Post
    Well, Viridia's words get Choro to look at her again. Withering disdain is still attention, right? Calling Strata over from another conversation like the older unicorn was her personal magic attendant. The little mage refrains from comment however, waiting until Strata has returned to her chosen corner of the bus before continuing. "They're local wizards, yes. They seem to be a fairly loose group, a lot of ponies doing their own thing and helping others with magic and technology. But they offer tuition and have an internal hierarchy and system. They offered me membership."

Choro looks sheepish at the last point. She does not want to recount just what happened with the entry exam right now. Perhaps that's what's kept her worried, rather than the Lodge itself. But she can still remember a less positive account of the guild-mages.
    Strata took a moment to ponder the concept, and then scratched the back of her head.

"Eh, I'd just play it by ear. It's not like they're wandering around wearing black robes and sacrificing ponies to Sombra or anything." she said, before suddenly looking more alert than she previously had and leaning in closer to Choro, "I mean, if they don't have any obvious goals, I'd just check and see who doesn't like them and why, and check and see if there's any other group like them that doesn't like them. Do you have any proof that they help ponies? If they're all hot air, you can do better then that."

Choro saw the filly yawn slightly as a response, acting uncharacteristically subdued as she apparently seemed keen to settle on the bare floor.

"Bingo." Doc makes two beds from available cloth and clothing materials he's been collecting, one for himself and the other for Mirror. He lies down on one, adjusting his hat to partly shade his eyes.
    Doc soon felt Mirror sit next to him, mostly because if she was any closer to him she'd be laying sideways. Wrapped up in a blanket, the impact was softer than it probably should have been. With a gentle flutter of pinkish hair, Mirror was settled into place and seemed intent on not moving again, from the way she used her magic to get the thin coverings around her and him as snug as what was probably possible.

7. - Top - End - #187

Doc soon felt Mirror sit next to him, mostly because if she was any closer to him she'd be laying sideways. Wrapped up in a blanket, the impact was softer than it probably should have been. With a gentle flutter of pinkish hair, Mirror was settled into place and seemed intent on not moving again, from the way she used her magic to get the thin coverings around her and him as snug as what was probably possible.
    Welp, Doc wasn't moving anywhere and he was perfectly fine with that. He listens to the conversations around him, lazily drifting slowly to sleep. He lets out a yawn.

"Night, Mirror. Sweet dreams to you," he whispers.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

"Griffons have lived in Equestria for centuries, lass, it's not like she's sweet with zebra." Bertly replied.

"Needed to wash my face with some irradiated water." The filly said quietly, before slowly making her way to right side of the vehicle, without a single dot of snow marking her hat or jacket, "So, did anyone die here when I was with Viridia?"
    Equestria hasn't been around for centuries. Moonshadow said, idly. Really, it's the beak and talons that confuse me. Who wants to cuddle with a bag of knives?

We were just leaving. All aboard for the hospital. I guess? Unless we can still crash at your place Fan Knife?
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Idly, Choro casts another glance at Viridia. She'd written the pegasus' new armor off as another unearned stroke of good luck, but taking a second glance does intrigue her a little. Something like that suggested the Crystal Empire of course. Did the Empire once control land as far south as Tauronto? Or could it have been more an example of cultural exchange? She looks the overly shiny mare over from a distance, wondering to herself about the armor. It's easy to get lost in thought about it, whatever she might think of the mare inside.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[92] Science, 90. (Not counting bonuses beyond C's labcoat. Figure it'd be harder to examine this way anyway.)

Strata took a moment to ponder the concept, and then scratched the back of her head.

"Eh, I'd just play it by ear. It's not like they're wandering around wearing black robes and sacrificing ponies to Sombra or anything." she said, before suddenly looking more alert than she previously had and leaning in closer to Choro, "I mean, if they don't have any obvious goals, I'd just check and see who doesn't like them and why, and check and see if there's any other group like them that doesn't like them. Do you have any proof that they help ponies? If they're all hot air, you can do better then that."
    Choro nods: the advice is good. She taps her hoof on the ground, trying to think back. "They claim to offer education to those who need it. They also provided us the environmental suits we used in CrunchyMunch. Thanatos had a less positive view of them, but most of his allegations were against individual members or projects. His biggest indictment was that they don't discriminate in their clientele: they'll provide magical support to whoever can pay."

Which is hard to hold against any pony in the Wasteland, really. Still, Choro has her answer. The little mage turns her attention across the cabin, to the now tucked in Mirror Armor. It's hard to resist a little aww at the sight of her fellow unicorn falling asleep next to Doctor Wagon like that. With a warm smile, Choro murmurs to Strata. "Well, we've met a pony from Everfrost now. What do you make of her?"

Equestria hasn't been around for centuries. Moonshadow said, idly. Really, it's the beak and talons that confuse me. Who wants to cuddle with a bag of knives?
    "They say true friendship never ends, Equestria my hoome..."

Choro doesn't look angry at Moonshadow's words, but she still manages to murmur a couple of lines of the national anthem under her breath. Still not dead yet, dagnabit. After a second, she actually weighs into the conversation, "Love is love. It's rarely rational. I knew a pony back in my Stable who thought dragons sounded adorable. They'd probably be even stranger to hug than griffons, wouldn't they? All those scales and claws and wings..."

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

Welp, Doc wasn't moving anywhere and he was perfectly fine with that. He listens to the conversations around him, lazily drifting slowly to sleep. He lets out a yawn.

"Night, Mirror. Sweet dreams to you," he whispers.
    Mirror didn't answer except for some slight murmurs, apparently being keen on falling asleep before whatever was going to happen happened.

"To be fair," Bertly said, sounding contemplative, "Hooves are not the most gentle of appendages, for those unused to them. Certainly, they are blunter instruments than tiny pointy claws."

We were just leaving. All aboard for the hospital. I guess? Unless we can still crash at your place Fan Knife?
    Fan Knife took a few moments to quietly stand up, and then she glanced at the pegasus. She looked quite tired, actually.

"You guys can, sure. I'll put in the location on that thing on your leg." the filly said, pointing at Moonshadow's Pipbuck, "It's about at the halfway point, but the area's kind of deserted, so you guys shouldn't have any trouble. If the snow continues like this, getting to the hospital without resting wouldn't be safe anyway."

Idly, Choro casts another glance at Viridia. She'd written the pegasus' new armor off as another unearned stroke of good luck, but taking a second glance does intrigue her a little. Something like that suggested the Crystal Empire of course. Did the Empire once control land as far south as Tauronto? Or could it have been more an example of cultural exchange? She looks the overly shiny mare over from a distance, wondering to herself about the armor. It's easy to get lost in thought about it, whatever she might think of the mare inside.

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0] Science, 90. (Not counting bonuses beyond C's labcoat. Figure it'd be harder to examine this way anyway.)
    (passes it due to the aforementioned bonuses)

The light-warping effect that seemed to be in place wasn't just a simple one, but actually seemed to be amplified by very slight, diamond-shaped warps in the armor, as if it was the product of nature and was grown for the very purpose of disorienting small animals that accidentally looked at it. As for anything obviously evil, there was nada and zip.

Choro nods: the advice is good. She taps her hoof on the ground, trying to think back. "They claim to offer education to those who need it. They also provided us the environmental suits we used in CrunchyMunch. Thanatos had a less positive view of them, but most of his allegations were against individual members or projects. His biggest indictment was that they don't discriminate in their clientele: they'll provide magical support to whoever can pay."
    Strata snorted.

"Do you think the Olives use them? If they do, he might just have a beef with one or two of'em." she replied, shaking her head, "I really think you need to talk to a few normal ponies about it, not anyone who's been around for two hundred years or part of a old agrocorp. Like, one of those townies back there, not anyone who works for them or their family."

Which is hard to hold against any pony in the Wasteland, really. Still, Choro has her answer. The little mage turns her attention across the cabin, to the now tucked in Mirror Armor. It's hard to resist a little aww at the sight of her fellow unicorn falling asleep next to Doctor Wagon like that. With a warm smile, Choro murmurs to Strata. "Well, we've met a pony from Everfrost now. What do you make of her?"
    "Dunno, pretty, not very bright, way too trusting? I knew a Nhorse guy in college, he was basically the same except that he was a earth pony, but that's not here or there." Strata whispered back, "I mean, have you asked about her from anyone besides Doc?"
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2018-08-30 at 09:21 PM.

11. - Top - End - #191

Mirror didn't answer except for some slight murmurs, apparently being keen on falling asleep before whatever was going to happen happened.
    Doc's left ear twitched as he too was dozing off to sleep. It had been a long day and he sure earned this rest. Tomorrow, off to sell the cuties to Dr. Stitchheart. She ought to get a kick over these little bio-engineered critters. Perfect for her zoo...
    Digo Dragon - Artist

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

(passes it due to the aforementioned bonuses)

The light-warping effect that seemed to be in place wasn't just a simple one, but actually seemed to be amplified by very slight, diamond-shaped warps in the armor, as if it was the product of nature and was grown for the very purpose of disorienting small animals that accidentally looked at it. As for anything obviously evil, there was nada and zip.
    Huh. That's interesting. Choro considers the matter for a second. The shiny armor was designed specifically to distort light? That was worked into it? That had to be the work of a very skilled craftspony. Could there be more to the effect somehow?

Mm. She waves the thought away. Not important. And she's got better things to do than worry about the armor of the party's biggest jerk.

Strata snorted.

"Do you think the Olives use them? If they do, he might just have a beef with one or two of'em." she replied, shaking her head, "I really think you need to talk to a few normal ponies about it, not anyone who's been around for two hundred years or part of a old agrocorp. Like, one of those townies back there, not anyone who works for them or their family."
    "I guess that makes sense." Choro looks a little uncomfortable at the admission but tries to smile all the same. "I'm still used to knowing everypony I guess. Even now, it feels... strange to start talking to a pony I've never met before"

"Dunno, pretty, not very bright, way too trusting? I knew a Nhorse guy in college, he was basically the same except that he was a earth pony, but that's not here or there." Strata whispered back, "I mean, have you asked about her from anyone besides Doc?"
    "No, I haven't."

Well, aside from you, Professor. Choro hums to herself, still watching the sleeping mare with a smile. Thank Celestia she was okay now. "I suppose it's hard to tell much about somepony's homeland just by hearing them talk about it. You still don't have the context to it all. What part of their reactions are personal, and what's cultural."

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

"To be fair," Bertly said, sounding contemplative, "Hooves are not the most gentle of appendages, for those unused to them. Certainly, they are blunter instruments than tiny pointy claws."

Fan Knife took a few moments to quietly stand up, and then she glanced at the pegasus. She looked quite tired, actually.

"You guys can, sure. I'll put in the location on that thing on your leg." the filly said, pointing at Moonshadow's Pipbuck, "It's about at the halfway point, but the area's kind of deserted, so you guys shouldn't have any trouble. If the snow continues like this, getting to the hospital without resting wouldn't be safe anyway."
    Says the rock hard robot, Moonshadow says, replying.

Oh, good. I didn't want to fly that far anyways.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

Doc's left ear twitched as he too was dozing off to sleep. It had been a long day and he sure earned this rest. Tomorrow, off to sell the cuties to Dr. Stitchheart. She ought to get a kick over these little bio-engineered critters. Perfect for her zoo...
    Doc found that he, too, had little reason not to fall asleep, as nothing tried to murder him.

"I guess that makes sense." Choro looks a little uncomfortable at the admission but tries to smile all the same. "I'm still used to knowing everypony I guess. Even now, it feels... strange to start talking to a pony I've never met before"
    "I mean, if you aren't used to it, I haven't done it yet." Strata replied, "So you have more game at that then me, right now. Also, I'm guessing that hookah bars still exist, we should go to one."

"No, I haven't."

Well, aside from you, Professor. Choro hums to herself, still watching the sleeping mare with a smile. Thank Celestia she was okay now. "I suppose it's hard to tell much about somepony's homeland just by hearing them talk about it. You still don't have the context to it all. What part of their reactions are personal, and what's cultural."
    "Normally I'd say you're right, but ponies don't usually say bad things that could make them look that back, because they don't really have a reason to lie." Strata replied, her voice turning back into a whisper as she looked at the harmless-looking unicorn, "Like, even if I grew up in the mountains, I wouldn't just go around and say my family was some sort of horrible stereotype of a terrible poor family unless that was the actual truth and avoiding that would be a lie."

Says the rock hard robot, Moonshadow says, replying.
    "Oh ho ho ho!" Bertly chortled, the robot raising it's arms as if to feebly defend itself from Moonshadow's logic.

Oh, good. I didn't want to fly that far anyways.
    Fan Knife silently managed to get close enough to Moonshadow to touch her leg in seconds. The look on her face was that of exhaustion and she looked primed to start prodding Moonshadow's Pipbuck so that the pegasus would open it.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

Moonshadow opened her Pipbuck
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

Moonshadow opened her Pipbuck
    Fan Knife stared at the blocky computer with what looked like distaste filtered through general annoyance, as if the very concept of Equestrian technology annoyed her, but, after a few moments of squinting, started to type with one hoof with a pause every few seconds, as if this was literally her first time typing into a computer. After a few moments however, there was a small beeping sound; soon, some place called 'Castle Loma' was on Moonshadow's Pipbuck map. Given it's rough location, it still closer to the hospital than not, but it would only take a hour's flight or so.
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2018-09-02 at 02:35 PM.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

"I mean, if you aren't used to it, I haven't done it yet." Strata replied, "So you have more game at that then me, right now. Also, I'm guessing that hookah bars still exist, we should go to one."
    Choro's curiosity about 'hooker bars' does not quite outweigh her reluctance to admitting a lack of knowledge infront of the most knowledgeable pony she's ever met. As such, the little mare nods, sagely trying to look like she knows what she's agreeing to.

"Normally I'd say you're right, but ponies don't usually say bad things that could make them look that back, because they don't really have a reason to lie." Strata replied, her voice turning back into a whisper as she looked at the harmless-looking unicorn, "Like, even if I grew up in the mountains, I wouldn't just go around and say my family was some sort of horrible stereotype of a terrible poor family unless that was the actual truth and avoiding that would be a lie."
    The little mare hums, meditating on Strata's words. It's fair to assume Mirror's words are accurate: she has no reason to directly lie. But broaching the subject of the darker aspects of her homeland would be...awkward. She sits there in silence, pondering the matter a little. She would dearly love to ask Ms. Mirror dozens of questions about her homeland... but with what happened earlier, they don't really have the sort of relationship where such behavior would be tolerated.

Still, she's on the bus with us now. Maybe I can find a way to do something nice for her... and then I can ask her about where she comes from.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

Fan Knife stared at the blocky computer with what looked like distaste filtered through general annoyance, as if the very concept of Equestrian technology annoyed her, but, after a few moments of squinting, started to type with one hoof with a pause every few seconds, as if this was literally her first time typing into a computer. After a few moments however, there was a small beeping sound; soon, some place called 'Castle Loma' was on Moonshadow's Pipbuck map. Given it's rough location, it still closer to the hospital than not, but it would only take a hour's flight or so.
    Alright, all aboard for Castle Loma. Moonshadow said, gesturing for everypony who hadn't boarded to get on the bus.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

The little mare hums, meditating on Strata's words. It's fair to assume Mirror's words are accurate: she has no reason to directly lie. But broaching the subject of the darker aspects of her homeland would be...awkward. She sits there in silence, pondering the matter a little. She would dearly love to ask Ms. Mirror dozens of questions about her homeland... but with what happened earlier, they don't really have the sort of relationship where such behavior would be tolerated.

Still, she's on the bus with us now. Maybe I can find a way to do something nice for her... and then I can ask her about where she comes from.
    Alright, all aboard for Castle Loma. Moonshadow said, gesturing for everypony who hadn't boarded to get on the bus.
    Choro saw Strata's face go from sleepy, to confused, to looking as if she had just suddenly realized something was wrong. Her eyes bugged out slightly and she raised to her hooves steadily, coughing a few times before she spoke.

"Uh, we're not going to the hospital? I thought we were going to the hospital, we don't have time for another stop, do we?" she asked, clearly nervous.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

Choro saw Strata's face go from sleepy, to confused, to looking as if she had just suddenly realized something was wrong. Her eyes bugged out slightly and she raised to her hooves steadily, coughing a few times before she spoke.

"Uh, we're not going to the hospital? I thought we were going to the hospital, we don't have time for another stop, do we?" she asked, clearly nervous.
    It's Fan Knife's home. It's closer, I'm tired, and it's cold out. We'll spend the night there, and go to the hospital in the morning.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

It's Fan Knife's home. It's closer, I'm tired, and it's cold out. We'll spend the night there, and go to the hospital in the morning.
    "Her house is a big-ass creepy castle that was already supposed to be stupidly haunted before she got off the boat!" Strata said, her voice coming out as a slight hiss of annoyance, "There's no way that it got any better after she moved in and there's no way it's not any less haunted after the world ended! I know it's going to sound funny coming from me, but what's going to happen when you hear something funny coming from the basement, huh? I saw we put it on a vote, I mean, I respect the pegasi, but hauling ass and making sure everyone else who's waiting for us is okay is our best bet."

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Choro's looking torn. That note of worry in Strata's voice concerns her, but the storm has also gotten her worried, as has Moonshadow admitting her own tiredness. She tried to gently smile at her would-be mentor figure. "Professor, after everything we've been through, surely it can't be too bad. However many ghosts might be there, it'd be better to be sensible rather than risk the snow forcing us down in the middle of the Wasteland, right?"

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

"Her house is a big-ass creepy castle that was already supposed to be stupidly haunted before she got off the boat!" Strata said, her voice coming out as a slight hiss of annoyance, "There's no way that it got any better after she moved in and there's no way it's not any less haunted after the world ended! I know it's going to sound funny coming from me, but what's going to happen when you hear something funny coming from the basement, huh? I saw we put it on a vote, I mean, I respect the pegasi, but hauling ass and making sure everyone else who's waiting for us is okay is our best bet."
    Look Strata, it's been a really long day okay? We flew to the factory, and from the factory to Oakville. And in between I've been shot, fought a giant monster, and dragged a cyborg corpse from the top floor of the factory to the basement. I'm exhausted. Moonshadow said, annoyed. So sure, let's put it to a vote, but you've got two options, either we sleep here in Oakville, or we're going to Fan Knife's castle to sleep there. Moonshadow paused for a second.

Actually, I vote for spending the night here. Why were we in such a rush to get out of town anyways?
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

24. - Top - End - #204

Doc found that he, too, had little reason not to fall asleep, as nothing tried to murder him.
    It's the little things in life that make it good.

So sure, let's put it to a vote, but you've got two options, either we sleep here in Oakville, or we're going to Fan Knife's castle to sleep there.
    Since he's asleep, Doc's vote is obvious if it needed to be counted.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

"what's going to happen when you hear something funny coming from the basement,
    ”If there are ghosts I'll kick their flank," Stellar murmers snoozily, having nearly dozed off in her chair.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

Choro's looking torn. That note of worry in Strata's voice concerns her, but the storm has also gotten her worried, as has Moonshadow admitting her own tiredness. She tried to gently smile at her would-be mentor figure. "Professor, after everything we've been through, surely it can't be too bad. However many ghosts might be there, it'd be better to be sensible rather than risk the snow forcing us down in the middle of the Wasteland, right?"
    Look Strata, it's been a really long day okay? We flew to the factory, and from the factory to Oakville. And in between I've been shot, fought a giant monster, and dragged a cyborg corpse from the top floor of the factory to the basement. I'm exhausted. Moonshadow said, annoyed. So sure, let's put it to a vote, but you've got two options, either we sleep here in Oakville, or we're going to Fan Knife's castle to sleep there. Moonshadow paused for a second.

Actually, I vote for spending the night here. Why were we in such a rush to get out of town anyways?
    Strata looked as if she was going to argue, but, after glancing around the room at the content, peaceful faces of half the people she was arguing for, she sighed, head lowered, and huddled back to the thin bedding at the back of the bus without another word.

As for the night, it passed by slowly. The worst thing that happened was that the dog had something that didn't agree with it at some point and that everyone in the bus was trapped in with it, and it couldn't be blamed on the presence of one of the ghouls. While the walls were thin, the cold was kept out. Nothing happened overnight and no one was missing come morning.

At some point during the night, a improbable warm front had come through. It was currently fifty degrees or so, the sky was a little less cloudy than normal, and there was a pleasant breeze; it was about the closest thing to perfect flying weather that existed in this day and age. Whoever woke up first and went outside would be greeted with the sight of two very large robots hovering in front of the bus as well, both with a light dusting of snow. Also, they'd probably be cold and hungry, but that went with the Wasteland. A quick glance in the general direction of where Oakville was indicated that it was, quite happily, not aflame.

[Everyone should eat and drink something.]
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2018-09-14 at 06:28 AM.

27. - Top - End - #207

Doc stretches as the morning light shines on him. He turns to Mirror and gives her a kiss on the cheek. "Good morning," he whispers to her.

It would be nice to just sleep in some, but his stomach prodded him to get up and make breakfast. Doc does so slowly, unwrapping himself carefully from the blanket burrito he found himself in. He opens a pocket in his saddlebags and sets up his hot plate and kitchen stuff, choosing a few cans of food and some fresh fruit to make into a few meals. The Food Sanitizer whirs to life and does it's work, removing some of the radiation out of the canned meals he's cooking up.

"I know what'll wake up the dead."

Doc sets up the little coffee brewer he acquired and powers it on. He opens the can of ground coffee, taking a whiff of the caffeine goodness. He scoops a bit into a paper filter and adds it ot the machine, then pours some clean water into the brewer's reservoir. In a moment it percolates and the aroma of coffee begins to spread. Aww yeah, this is the stuff.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

Moonshadow shivered as she munched down on her food. So what's the plan after we get to the hospital? Pick up our passengers obviously, but where next? I want to drop by Cabbagetown, get my robots started on rebuilding the place.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

29. - Top - End - #209

"Well, while at the Hospital I want to sell the cuties to Stitchheart. Hopefully I can get some more healing potions in the deal. Besides that just need to stock up on food and then... I guess we can stop at Cabbage town."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

Doc stretches as the morning light shines on him. He turns to Mirror and gives her a kiss on the cheek. "Good morning," he whispers to her.

It would be nice to just sleep in some, but his stomach prodded him to get up and make breakfast. Doc does so slowly, unwrapping himself carefully from the blanket burrito he found himself in. He opens a pocket in his saddlebags and sets up his hot plate and kitchen stuff, choosing a few cans of food and some fresh fruit to make into a few meals. The Food Sanitizer whirs to life and does it's work, removing some of the radiation out of the canned meals he's cooking up.

"I know what'll wake up the dead."

Doc sets up the little coffee brewer he acquired and powers it on. He opens the can of ground coffee, taking a whiff of the caffeine goodness. He scoops a bit into a paper filter and adds it ot the machine, then pours some clean water into the brewer's reservoir. In a moment it percolates and the aroma of coffee begins to spread. Aww yeah, this is the stuff.
    Doc found that the first to really great him was Bertly, who seemed to have been running silently throughout the night, his three red eyes providing some of the only light in the place. Now, however, he seemed to be inspecting the expiration dates on some of the discarded food tins and seemed to be disproving of them.

Meanwhile, Strata was already sort of up but seemed to have been set in motion by the sent of coffee, Mirror was still asleep, looking calm in dream-land, as was Madeleine, although she looked more like somepony who had passed out face-first given that the fact that she had fallen asleep in a sitting position and her head was currently supporting some of her weight.

Moonshadow shivered as she munched down on her food. So what's the plan after we get to the hospital? Pick up our passengers obviously, but where next? I want to drop by Cabbagetown, get my robots started on rebuilding the place.
    Fan Knife, poking her head up from behind Moonshadow, from Doc's point of view, seemed to just look on the food on display and seemed uninterested. Meanwhile, Strata sort of lumbered over towards the coffee maker, clad in her crappy black robe, and seemed intent on claiming her share and was only blocked by access to something resembling a mug. The dog was already out the door and seemed to be doing dog things, while the cuties were peeping and making hushed sounds.

"Well, while at the Hospital I want to sell the cuties to Stitchheart. Hopefully I can get some more healing potions in the deal. Besides that just need to stock up on food and then... I guess we can stop at Cabbage town."
    "I'm sorry, Cabbagetown?" Strata asked, snapping out of her funk and sounding sounding incredulous, "I know it has food and the robots got sent there, but I don't know why it's important enough to use those robots. Look, I know I just woke up a few days ago, but there's a whole lot of nothing around here, so why are we not using that robot army and, I don't know, just walk into the biggest town with our army of robots and declare ourselves their overlords instead of using that robot army to fix up a place named after the worst vegetable? I mean," she sniffed dramatically, "that's what'd I'd do in a post apocalyptic wasteland with a robot army, I just hope you guys get that. We'd just need to come up with some pseudonyms to hide our pasts and shove a bunch of money at Stitchheart so we could all live forever until we wouldn't want to, and we'd be golden. I bet I could get Viridia and that food robot in on this."
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2018-09-15 at 05:24 AM.