New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XL: Season on Hold 'til Morello gets Gold

Quote Originally Posted by SweetRein View Post
    I can finally talk about one of the major projects I've been working on.
    http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2801752
    I notice the tower Kog's player has targeted has an item in its inventory.
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2012-11-15 at 04:07 PM.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Wow. This looks really interesting. I've always felt the current system is a bit clunky and provides less information than it could. I'll have to see how this works out in practice but in theory, this seems great. Are you at a liberty to tell how long this project has been worked on?

Now if only unit health bars were accompanied by armor/MR bars and perhaps some way to communicate any armor penetration, CDR and MPen those units have I feel all the important information would be readily available in the in-game screen.
    I've been working on it since it was in itty bitty prototype form, throughout the extensive user testing, and all through the development.
    This is in addition to the numerous other things I've been working on.

Prototyping started... about a year ago. Or a little bit more so, given that demo I posted here actually ended up becoming the prototype.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

I've been working on it since it was in itty bitty prototype form, throughout the extensive user testing, and all through the development.

Prototyping started... about a year ago. Or a little bit more so, given that demo I posted here actually ended up becoming the prototype.
    So, the thing you wrote up that got you into Riot is finally being finished up, eh Riena?
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground

Thank you so much for this. Can't say I need it as such, but I know a lot of people who do and I certainly won't turn down convenience myself. Great to see this being added.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

5. - Top - End - #185
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    That moment when your support takes too long picking and randoms another ADC.

Thankfully, the OTHER adc is Kog, and he has a ton of utility; Kog + Cait is going to be interesting.
    I played a couple of normals where one of the guys I was queued with decided he was going to copy me, so we played duo AD bot, first his Ashe to my Graves, then his Sivir to my Corki. Oh, and the second game someone else was AP Kog mid, except he went AS Kog instead. You can imagine how fast we took Baron with that team.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ettin in the Playground

What's there to talk about, seriously?

1.You were working on this? Nope, we knew that a year ago.

2.Its awesome? Nope, new that a year ago too, before you were even hired by Riot.

I mean, I suppose reconfirmation of the awesomeness, as well as the idea that its finally coming out is something, but I really don't see why Riot would object to you sharing that.

Did I mention it looks awesome? I did? Ok, good.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

7. - Top - End - #187
    Colossus in the Playground

Well, what can I say... Congratulations on finally getting this near the finish line! Seems like the year has been time well spent. And thanks for making the whole interface sleeker and easier to use; pretty sure this'll help especially all the newer players I try to introduce to the game to get a hang of things faster (and I'm pretty sure this'll make it easier to figure out the new itemization of S3; also, I no longer have to browse under "Magic" to get to "CDR" when playing AD casters or whatever, which always felt a bit unintuitive ).
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Godskook View Post
    What's there to talk about, seriously?

1.You were working on this? Nope, we knew that a year ago.

2.Its awesome? Nope, new that a year ago too, before you were even hired by Riot.

I mean, I suppose reconfirmation of the awesomeness, as well as the idea that its finally coming out is something, but I really don't see why Riot would object to you sharing that.

Did I mention it looks awesome? I did? Ok, good.
    You may have inferred with such, but the vast majority of the world (and gaming sites, and news publishers and...) did not and thus it was still secret.

Limiting the number of eyes on a project such as this is VERY important due to players ... pretty much saying what you are saying. Though usually with additions such as "...ugh... finally..."

9. - Top - End - #189
    Firbolg in the Playground

Looks great. Also, I see a "Crystalline Flask" item there, as well as a new Zeal upgrade! Looks like either a spear or the "Statikk Shiv" that's been alluded to. Time will tell.

I like the new format quite a bit, although I'm a tiny bit disappointed that it still doesn't allow us to customize our own recommended item sets. That saddens me.

Still, nice work.

Edit: Also, I saw in the Preview thread that you're considering making terms like "Armor Penetration" searchable...please do. If I could type in "Penetration" to see all those options immediately, it would be really, REALLY helpful.

Further Edit: Based on THIS picture you posted. That's a GREAT recommended item interface, and I really, REALLY hope that some day soon we can customize our own versions of this on a per-champion basis. I absolutely love it.

That said, did you guys ever consider making the text for "UNIQUE Passive - Passive Name" a different color, to make the effect stand out better? I don't know about everyone else, but having that in a slightly different shade would really draw attention to the item's strength, and increase readability of the text block.

Nitpicking because it's what I do. That said, this is wonderful, and a marked improvement on anything they have currently. Again: beautifully done.
    Last edited by Djinn_in_Tonic; 2012-11-15 at 04:31 PM.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Bugbear in the Playground

Oh, thank god, there's a search function. When I'm trying a new build from online, sometimes I can't find an item and end up skipping it.

Also: Since I only picked League up in mid-September, is it bad that my roommates (one of whom is level 30 with ~450 normal wins, the other almost 30 with ~200 normal wins, both of whom have been playing much longer than me) are asking me what the "best" build is for something?
    I'm mostly here for Warframe and a tiny bit of RWBY.

11. - Top - End - #191

Well, since spammable hard CC would be absolutely lethal, Olaf's ability to not be CC'd makes him pretty invaluable. Does Kayle invulnerability negate CC? Or just damage? Also, Olaf can push and has a powerful, uncounterable manaless nuke, which makes him rather scary. With max ranks in Vicious Strikes, his Reckless Swing doesn't even have a health cost, even healing him for 1%.

EDIT: And apparently I can't math, because one-fifth and two-fifths looked similar enough for a moment.
    Last edited by dgnslyr; 2012-11-15 at 05:08 PM. Reason: math is hard
    Quote Originally Posted by JeminiZero View Post
    Gamer cancels life, interrupted by Dwarf Fortress.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_in_Tonic View Post
    Edit: Also, I saw in the Preview thread that you're considering making terms like "Armor Penetration" searchable...please do. If I could type in "Penetration" to see all those options immediately, it would be really, REALLY helpful.

Further Edit: Based on THIS picture you posted. That's a GREAT recommended item interface, and I really, REALLY hope that some day soon we can customize our own versions of this on a per-champion basis. I absolutely love it.

That said, did you guys ever consider making the text for "UNIQUE Passive - Passive Name" a different color, to make the effect stand out better? I don't know about everyone else, but having that in a slightly different shade would really draw attention to the item's strength, and increase readability of the text block.

Nitpicking because it's what I do. That said, this is wonderful, and a marked improvement on anything they have currently. Again: beautifully done.
    The screenshots are like... 2 days old.
    I implemented the color thing about 13 hours ago.

Also, in that thread I'm being passive and indefinite due to the audience size.
    Here I can more safely say "I WILL be implementing extra search terms such as penetration."

13. - Top - End - #193

The screenshots are like... 2 days old.
    I implemented the color thing about 13 hours ago.
    Excellent. 'cause that's always bothered me. Glad to know that my design ideas aren't bad.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ettin in the Playground

I like the new format quite a bit, although I'm a tiny bit disappointed that it still doesn't allow us to customize our own recommended item sets. That saddens me.
    Personally, I would implement that client-side, not within game. The exercise of adjusting reccomended items is generally clunky, and with a good menu system(Which we're getting), serves little purpose in an individual game.

In a similar vein, I wish we could get more than a 6-item set for that. That way Wards, Potions and other go-to items can be put into it manually for the appropriate champions.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.

15. - Top - End - #195

Quote Originally Posted by dgnslyr View Post
    Well, since spammable hard CC would be absolutely lethal, Olaf's ability to not be CC'd makes him pretty invaluable. Does Kayle invulnerability negate CC? Or just damage? Also, Olaf can push and has a powerful, uncounterable manaless nuke, which makes him rather scary. With max ranks in Vicious Strikes, his Reckless Swing doesn't even have a health cost, even healing him for 1%.
    Spell vamp doesn't proc on true damage.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

16. - Top - End - #196

I'm pretty sure there's already support for this. In fact, I'm positive. You have to do it manually but somebody wrote a program for it. You can try to google for it. It was on the official League forums at some point and apparently there were two files, one for SR/TT and one for Dom (probably 3 now that TT has separate items).
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're wrong. Not sure exactly on Olaf, but I know for a fact that it does, since I spellvamp on Smite all the time when I Lee Sin.

Looking up.....and nope, Olaf proc's Spell Vamp on his true damage too, at least according to the wiki.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

Wasn't this stuff that landed you the job at Riot? I'd wondered a few times if we'd ever see the shop improvements you'd suggested. Looks awesome!
    Truth resists simplicity.

19. - Top - End - #199

I'm pretty certain it does; spell vamp procs on all ability damage, including physical and true damage. Even Smite procs spell vamp, if you happen to have any, which is why it's helpful to have Olaf's or Lee Sin's W active when you smite. Even the wiki seems to confirm this, for Olaf at least. Hitting W before E helps reduce the health cost, which helps him sustain even harder.

Shen'd pretty hard.
    Last edited by dgnslyr; 2012-11-15 at 04:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JeminiZero View Post
    Gamer cancels life, interrupted by Dwarf Fortress.

20. - Top - End - #200

Quote Originally Posted by Godskook View Post
    You're wrong. Not sure exactly on Olaf, but I know for a fact that it does, since I spellvamp on Smite all the time when I Lee Sin.

Looking up.....and nope, Olaf proc's Spell Vamp on his true damage too, at least according to the wiki.
    Quote Originally Posted by dgnslyr View Post
    I'm pretty certain it does; spell vamp procs on all ability damage, including physical and true damage. Even Smite procs spell vamp, if you happen to have any, which is why it's helpful to have Olaf's or Lee Sin's W active when you smite. Even the wiki seems to confirm this, for Olaf at least. Hitting W before E helps reduce the health cost, which helps him sustain even harder.

Shen'd pretty hard.
    Derp. I meant to say "his" true damage. I was pretty sure it didn't. Cool beans.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SlyGuyMcFly View Post
    Wasn't this stuff that landed you the job at Riot? I'd wondered a few times if we'd ever see the shop improvements you'd suggested. Looks awesome!
    Yes, yes it is.

22. - Top - End - #202

Derp. I meant to say "his" true damage. I was pretty sure it didn't. Cool beans.
    I thought the same 'til I checked. It's hard to notice since you need ~40% Spellvamp to break even on max rank Reckless Swing (the health cost is brutal), let alone gain health. Then again, with W already granting you 21% a simple WoTA is enough.

Now add Van Damm's Pillager and Spellvamp Runes and Masteries to that and you're actually gaining substantial health when you axe/smack somebody (of course, without WoTA you're still just breaking even after all that). I do prefer Move Speed Quints on him tho so meh.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    I thought the same 'til I checked. It's hard to notice since you need ~40% Spellvamp to break even on max rank Reckless Swing (the health cost is brutal), let alone gain health. Then again, with W already granting you 21% a simple WoTA is enough.

Now add Van Damm's Pillager and Spellvamp Runes and Masteries to that and you're actually gaining substantial health when you axe/smack somebody (of course, without WoTA you're still just breaking even after all that). I do prefer Move Speed Quints on him tho so meh.
    Interesting. I didn't realize this either. I was thinking the extra spell vamp gain was for his axe. And as for the Wota, you don't need to get it, just have the ap carry get it, and then you're set. Interesting...

24. - Top - End - #204
    Barbarian in the Playground

Way to leak the DFG changes, SweetRein.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Way to leak the DFG changes, SweetRein.
    Allll my leaks here are intentional.
    (Unlike my accidental leak of Rengar's item a couple months back... oops)

26. - Top - End - #206

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Interesting. I didn't realize this either. I was thinking the extra spell vamp gain was for his axe. And as for the Wota, you don't need to get it, just have the ap carry get it, and then you're set. Interesting...
    Well, duh, that's why I mentioned WoTA instead of Gunblade, Revolver or whatever; 'cause it's an aura some mages want anyways. Olaf goes more than perfectly into those Super Sustain Karma comps on TT (other good champs include: Lee Sin, Shen, Urgot, Riven, Udyr - basically, tanky people with extremely strong sustain, optimally able to shield others too).

We actually ran one with Adumb and Darwin some time ago and the result was this (funny thing is, enemy had probably the biggest counter to something like this in the game; Vayne):
    Spoiler
    Show

We ended the game with a ~5 minute lasting straight push where we killed them ~3 times under their various towers without losing significant amount of HP.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

I wish Rengar's item wasn't super worthless.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

Allll my leaks here are intentional.
    (Unlike my accidental leak of Rengar's item a couple months back... oops)
    When did that happen?

29. - Top - End - #209
    Troll in the Playground

How does Panth vs Jax go?

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    When did that happen?
    About 3 days before Rengar was announced.

I control the systems that automatically update the items, champions, and runes section of the website (and yes, I know it's borked in parts. It's a steady fix of a project) and, although I correctly hit the blacklist for Rengar, I didn't hit the blacklist for an item that was attached. Hence, bonetooth snuck out on to the website for an hour or so.