New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXXI: The Great and Powerful XXXie!

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    Not to mention contradictory to their stated position on bronies, which is best summarized as "we don't get it but we like it."

Meta, I assume you're refering to this article?
    I have the hard copy of that article and it's identical to the online one. Quoting Margaret Loesch is really all there is, and her quote is intelligently worded to not actually say anything (which, honestly, is the best position Hasbro could take).

If you didn't see the photo on Equestria Daily though, let me just say that seeing Rainbow Dash on the front page of the Wall Street Journal was pretty amazing and made my entire day.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie Welf View Post
    To give an example of the accuracy: "The group included four "Pegasisters," as the small minority of female bronies sometimes call themselves". I never heard of 'Pegasisters', and I think I know a bit about the fandom.
    I've heard it used before, but I'm sure it's not in common use. More often "brony" is used in a gender-neutral manner

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

Hooray, new thread!
    Let's see what is going on in the land of the crazy ponies-
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorpalbob View Post
    Hooray new thread!

What better time than to tell a nice little story?

Those of you on the IRC have most likely already heard this.

For those of you who follow the MLP Drawthread, you know that I had two costumes for Nightmare Night, one of which was Derpy.

I walked into my Drama class that day, and my teacher had no idea who I was, so I explained the history of the character, how a fan-created name was accepted as the canonical name. She loved the idea, and said she would look it up.

The next day, I walk into class to see her texting away. I didn't see who she was talking to, but I saw her type in my name, so I asked who was on the other end.

"Oh, just a friend of mine. I'm telling her about your costume and acting and stuff. She thinks you sound really cool!"

I'm rather confused at this point, so I ask, "Who exactly is this person?"

She says, "Does the name Sarah Wall mean anything to you?"

My mind broke.

My drama teacher is on FIRST NAME TERMS with this woman. And the best part?

Spoiler
    Show
    SHE MIGHT BE GETTING ME AN AUDITION!

I am not sure how to properly word my congratulations, no adjectives seem to fit the awesomeness of this.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

4. - Top - End - #34
    Firbolg in the Playground

And going along with my crazy theories:

Rarity's uncurled hair seems familiar.
    What other pony is known to have a mane that long that ends up perfectly straight?

Your move, sane forces of logic, YOUR MOVE.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Hooray new thread!

For those of you who follow the MLP Drawthread, you know that I had two costumes for Nightmare Night, one of which was Derpy.

I walked into my Drama class that day, and my teacher had no idea who I was, so I explained the history of the character, how a fan-created name was accepted as the canonical name. She loved the idea, and said she would look it up.

The next day, I walk into class to see her texting away. I didn't see who she was talking to, but I saw her type in my name, so I asked who was on the other end.

"Oh, just a friend of mine. I'm telling her about your costume and acting and stuff. She thinks you sound really cool!"

My mind broke.

Spoiler
    Show

SWEET AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPLAOSA!
    I hope it goes well for you.
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Hellooooooo, ponythread!

And congratulations Vorpal, that's awesome!
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

7. - Top - End - #37
    Barbarian in the Playground

That's amazing. I hope it all works out for you. What would you be auditioning for, exactly?
    Voice acting for sure, I hear they may have some openings for background characters.

I have a decent singing voice and some instrumental skill, maybe I'll do some of that stuff, too?

Thanks for all the congatulations, guys. I haven't heard any more yet, but I'll be sure to let you know.
    Last edited by Vorpalbob; 2011-11-07 at 05:59 PM.
    I have a band!
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    And going along with my crazy theories:

Rarity's uncurled hair seems familiar.
    What other pony is known to have a mane that long that ends up perfectly straight?

Your move, sane forces of logic, YOUR MOVE.
    Magic-wielding ponies generate a low level electrical field that effects their hair the way static impacts our. Twi's generally immune since she's so skilled at controlling it, except when her hold starts to slip a la Lesson Zero.

Pinkie's hair is ALWAYS out of control because she doesn't have any formal experience on how to vent magic the way unicorns do. But since her magic is derived from or controlled by her mental state, it rapidly dissipates whenever she slips into "Pinkemina" mode (this also explains the subtle color shift).

Rarity's special power is always looking good, so her hair defaults to physically implausible but stylish configurations

I'll raise you this crazy theory from the latest episode:

Spoiler
    Show
    Rarity's generally pretty dainty, and shouldn't be expected to be nearly as tough as AJ, especially since she'd rely more on her unicorn magic

During the race, she managed some fairly impressive physical feats, and couldn't use her magic without blowing her cover.

Conclusion: Neither AJ or Rarity are especially strong on their own. However, AJ's cowboy hat is a magical artifact that bestows extreme physical competence on any pony who wears it
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

9. - Top - End - #39
    Colossus in the Playground

Good god, I hate summer. For medical reasons that I shall spare you the details of.

Also goooooood morning~, new thread. One step closer to overtaking the DD threads!

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Rarity's generally pretty dainty, and shouldn't be expected to be nearly as tough as AJ, especially since she'd rely more on her unicorn magic

During the race, she managed some fairly impressive physical feats, and couldn't use her magic without blowing her cover.

Conclusion: Neither AJ or Rarity are especially strong on their own. However, AJ's cowboy hat is a magical artifact that bestows extreme physical competence on any pony who wears it
    I remind you that Rarity was completely unhindered and unharmed by the 90º turn at between Mach 1 and 5 (depending on how fast you rate the Sonic Rainboom) and the attendant shocking g-forces which would have turned a human into paste...

Remember:

Ponies have superpowers.

Superpowers.

Spoiler
    Show

I'm so gonna get so much milage out of that image, SiuiS!
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2011-11-07 at 06:29 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Yay, new thread. Here's Bon Bon as a secret agent to celebrate.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-GpURdBRmAb...re-d4fbyfp.jpg

Hooray new thread!

My mind broke.

Spoiler
    Show

That's awesome!

12. - Top - End - #42

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    I remind you that Rarity was completely unhindered and unharmed by the 90º turn at between Mach 1 and 5 (depending on how fast you rate the Sonic Rainboom) and the attendant shocking g-forces which would have turned a human into paste...
    Or RD's flight generates localized inertia-dampening effects. Might explain why she got "snapped" back by her failed sonic rainboom when she lost her concentration during practice.

Otherwise there would have been no need to catch Rarity at all
    Last edited by Eakin; 2011-11-07 at 06:38 PM.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

Pictures that make me happy:
    Spoiler
    Show

This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

I need this with Trixie

This is seriously nice. Must. Investigate. Possibilities.
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

I've been searching a (very) little and only found this article. Nothing about actively discouraging bronies, just that they aren't that big a consumer group. To give an example of the accuracy: "The group included four "Pegasisters," as the small minority of female bronies sometimes call themselves". I never heard of 'Pegasisters', and I think I know a bit about the fandom.
    I've heard it albeit nopony that seem "comfortable" in self identifying as one. However I believe its mentioned at least once in the Knowyourmeme work, and a few other places like CR's review.

I have the hard copy of that article and it's identical to the online one. Quoting Margaret Loesch is really all there is, and her quote is intelligently worded to not actually say anything (which, honestly, is the best position Hasbro could take).

If you didn't see the photo on Equestria Daily though, let me just say that seeing Rainbow Dash on the front page of the Wall Street Journal was pretty amazing and made my entire day.
    Just thinking of some stuffy 40-something junior executive sitting on Metro North and wondering what the heck a rainbow pony is doing on the WSJ brings joy to my heart.

Or RD's flight generates localized inertia-dampening effects. Might explain why she got "snapped" back by her failed sonic rainboom when she lost her concentration during practice.

Otherwise there would have been no need to catch her at all
    Given that everything is pretty explicitly magic.... I totally like this explanation. Obvious rather then flying like a plane pegasi manipulate spacetime through beating their wings to move without incurring massive g-forces.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Otherwise there would have been no need to catch Rarity at all
    Rarity's ability to cart Tom around (which, if you recall, worked out at about 3-4 tons...) would seem to indicate that it's all her and not her gear...

(Personally, I reckon that perhaps the ponies were being a bit overly panicky when Rarity fell, given what we've seen of pony endurance and resistance to damage...! Unless, like Applejack, ponies are made of Dark Matter, or they were worried about her landing on something and derstroying it on impact or...!)

Superpowers.

17. - Top - End - #47

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Good god, I hate summer. For medical reasons that I shall spare you the details of.

Also goooooood morning~, new thread. One step closer to overtaking the DD threads!
    Summer?... but winter is coming... curse you Australians and your mutant backwards seasons, confusing my brain with your witchcraft

Spoiler
    Show

I love this picture.

18. - Top - End - #48

Rarity's ability to cart Tom around (which, if you recall, worked out at about 3-4 tons...) would seem to indicate that it's all her and not her gear...

(Personally, I reckon that perhaps the ponies were being a bit overly panicky when Rarity fell, given what we've seen of pony endurance and resistance to damage...! Unless, like Applejack, ponies are made of Dark Matter, or they were worried about her landing on something and derstroying it on impact or...!)

Superpowers.
    I maintain that the Tom example is irrelevant because Discord!Physics were in effect, and it's funnier if she could just barely carry it than if she couldn't move it at all.

And it wasn't just RD and the M6 that freaked out, the wonder bolts went to catch her first and you would think they would know better than most how dangerous a fall would be, as it's an occupational hazard in their profession

19. - Top - End - #49

Sweet Celestia, am I behind! Stupid having to GM. Glad it was the last session.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I love this phrase. May I use it, pray?
    "Quoted for Noted"? Sure, be my guest.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Looks like Shimmer heard about Midnight and Rarity's Night and decided to get in on the action.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post
    I'm starting to wonder if the animators did this deliberately? As in, choosing a new "wet mane" design that made her look attractive; instead of using the Season 1 wet mane, which made her look... well, soggy.
    "Remember it's all in the presentation!"

Hooray new thread!

Late to the party, but let me just add:
    Spoiler
    Show

To give an example of the accuracy: "The group included four "Pegasisters," as the small minority of female bronies sometimes call themselves". I never heard of 'Pegasisters', and I think I know a bit about the fandom.
    I've encountered the term before as well, though not consistently.
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Superpowers.
    Do we have a 1 pony mass figure? Because assuming Rarity's loosely flat position as comparable to a sky diver in normal free-fall and that the atmosphere is like that of Earth, Rarity falls for more then long enough to reach terminal velocity and would be going somewhere around 54 m/s.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Forgive my ignorance on this, but what is the general accepted level of fan-ness to be considered a "brony"? Is it more towards the "I watched the show with my daughter and it wasn't so bad" level, or is there an element of "I got a tattoo of a cutie mark representing my favourite fanfiction and I'm naming my daughter Scootaloo"?

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    Forgive my ignorance on this, but what is the general accepted level of fan-ness to be considered a "brony"? Is it more towards the "I watched the show with my daughter and it wasn't so bad" level, or is there an element of "I got a tattoo of a cutie mark representing my favourite fanfiction and I'm naming my daughter Scootaloo"?
    Anypony who likes the show can call him/herself a brony. We're an accepting fandom.

That said, you should totally name your daughter Scootaloo.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

No true Brony would leave themselves a blank flank!

24. - Top - End - #54

Basically the same (flexible) criteria for calling yourself a fan of something. In my opinion, if you've watched it, liked it, and would seek more episodes out given the opportunity, you're a fan.

Fan + not in the "target demographic" = brony.

And you should clearly name your daughter Celestia instead

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

The urge to post in ponythread is also a big giveaway, though not a flawless indicator.

26. - Top - End - #56

I personally define it as someone who enjoys one or more aspect of the community/show. Basically meaning if people only like fanart that's created regardless of their feelings on the show, I consider them a brony. Or they like fanfics or they like the music or... whatever. Totally should name your daughter Scootaloo though.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

27. - Top - End - #57
    Orc in the Playground

Reposting from the old thread! I wish I got this in on page 1, hrmpf.

Titanium Fox & Jade's IRC info:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    Good News Everypony!

The #ponythread IRC channel is now online! Below is Jade's handy dandy guide to IRC! And for those who already know how IRC runs, the server and channel information is below the spoiler.

Jade Aurora's Handy Dandy Guide to IRC!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hi everypony, and welcome! I'm Jade, and I'll be your lovely assistant for this lesson! Not too many ponies are familiar with the Internet Relay Chat protocol, and that's where I'm here to help! For those who don't know, IRC is a chat protocol similar to AIM and MSN, instant messengers we're all familiar with. There's a few things you need to get IRC working, so let's take a look at what they are.

1. IRC Chat Client
    2. Server and Server Information
    3. Channel Name
    4. Brief List of Important Commands

1. IRC Chat Client
    Spoiler
    Show
    So, the first thing you need is a program that can handle IRC. These programs tend to be lightweight, and in some cases can be, or already are integrated into programs you already use every day. For example, do you use the web browser Opera or the Instant Messaging Client Pidgin? Then you already have a program capable of supporting your server. If this is the case, you can skip on down to the next section. If not however, you're gonna need to download one.

Personally, I recommend one such as XChat 2 or mIRC, but it's really not hard to find your own alternative. Just remember, don't be tricked into paying for an IRC client. There are tons upon tons of free options out there.

2. Server and Server Information
    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, so you've got a program that can run IRC. Now what do you do? Well, first things first you need to do is figure out what server you're going to be connecting to. In our case, you will be connecting to:

This is usually pretty simple. It'll be a different process for each separate client, but they all tend to be pretty similar. There's generally a tools tab, followed by an options tab. There will be a field looking for the server to connect to. Type in what's in the quote box above, enter a username (you don't need to register it if you don't want to, that will be covered in section 4), and you're good to go! It should connect to the main page of the Sorcery IRC server. From there, you can go hunting for your channel.

3. Channel Name
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is a pretty simple one. In our case, the channel name is:

And you know how you join that? Just type into the text box at the bottom of your IRC client "/join #ponythread" and you're in! There's a bit more we can do with chanels though. Say you want to see if there are any other pony related channels in the server. Well, from any window on the Sorcery server, you can type in "/list" to get a list of all of the channels on the server. From there, you can use the "/join" command to join that channel too! Most channels have a # preceding their name, so remember that.

4. Brief List of Important Commands
    Spoiler
    Show
    /msg [NAME] This allows you to send a private message to [NAME].
    /msg NickServ This allows you to send a message to the Nickname Server on the Sorcery IRC network. You can type "/msg NickServ HELP" from any window to get help with your nickname. This includes registering a floating nickname, changing the password on your nickname, and other different commands you can check out from there.
    /list This allows you to see a list of all channels on the current server.

This list will be edited as time goes on, and more commands become pertinent.

IRC Server Information Standalone:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Server: irc.sorcery.net
    Channel: #ponythread
    ATTENTION ONCE AGAIN EVERYPONY.

...Wow, I should probably stop doing that, huh?

We have a mibbit link for those ponies who don't want to download anything! Just click the mibbit link at the bottom of this post and you'll be brought to a web based IRC client, and dropped directly into the chat room.

#ponythread on IRC.Sorcery.net

Also, Trixie, can I request that both this link and the prior post about IRC which includes the Guide and Server information go in the next OP?

It's really not that hard!
    You know I hate you, right? I just want that on record.
    ...This can't be any more embarrassing than that picture Psycho drew of you in Midnight's Leather.
    Point.

All you have to do is get a brand new client,
    Download it, don't pay!
    Next just figure out the server credentials,
    So easy, child's play!

Just /join, and you're almost there,
    Ponychat is in your future.
    Make sure you've got the username you want,
    And you'll be in the chat in seconds!

IRC! So quick and easy!
    IRC! Don't get so queasy!
    IRC! IRC! IRC!

I know where you sleep Titanium.
    [/color]

Hello, everypony! There have been a lot of questions about certain IRC features, and so I was convinced (by myself) to write up a list of FAQs to supplement Jade's guide. Hers includes everything you need just to connect, mine includes some slightly more advanced material. When this is reposted in the new thread, it can either be kept separate like this, or we could just combine them.

Inkblot's Answers to Common IRC Questions!
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. What does it mean to have a voice?

There are a number of different designations that can be assigned to IRC users, to determine what privileges they hold in a channel. The designation you'll see most frequently is +v, for voice. This is represented in the list of people in the channel by a + before someone's name in mIRC, or the image of a speaker after someone's name on mibbit. What having a voice means is that the user in question can continue to chat unhindered even if the channel is set to +m, for mute!

Setting a channel to mute prevents anyone without a voice from speaking. This is something that we might do if we were to ever be infested by spammy parasprites who were making it impossible to have real conversation, so that then only the ponies we know and recognize could talk.

You can be given a voice by anyone with OP (operator) or H-OP (half-operator) status, the former represented by a @ (or a star in Mibbit), and the latter by a % (or half of a star). These are the people who can kick or ban disruptive users, change channel modes, etc etc. Ops have more privileges in this regards than hops do.

2. How do I speak using colored font? Or in bold, or italics, or underlined?

This will vary depending on your choice of IRC client.

In Mibbit, it's simple! You just use the "colours" button down at the bottom of the screen, below the chat bar.

In mIRC, pressing ctrl+k will bring up a box showing a number of different colors. You can then choose one and it will automatically enter the appropriate color code. You can then type whatever it was you wanted colored. If you put a comma immediately after your color code, and then enter another color code, the first number will be the color of your text, and the second will be the color of your text's background. For example, ctrl+k - 4,1Testing would result in red font with a black background.

In mIRC, you can also use ctrl+b for bold text, ctrl+i for italics, ctrl+u to underline, and ctrl+o to make any text entered after that point default to normal. Alternatively, you can highlight whatever it is you want changed with your mouse, before entering it, and then use the ctrl+k/b/i/u commands to change just that part of what you had written.

If you use a different IRC client, please consult its documentation, or try Google. We can't help there!

3. How do I register my nickname?

Registering your nickname is a requirement for you to be auto-voiced or auto-oped upon joining (otherwise, a moderator needs to do so manually). It also allows you to protect yourself from anyone who might try and "steal" it, using your name for themselves. All you need is an e-mail address; just follow these easy steps!

First, type "/nickserv register *DESIRED PASSWORD* *your e-mail*". So, for example, "/nickserv register mypassword123 [email protected]"

Make sure that the e-mail address you entered was valid. Your IRC nickname will be tied to it.

Wait a few minutes, then go and check your e-mail. You should have one that looks something like this:

Hi,

You have requested to register the nickname "PoniesAreAwesome".

Please type " /msg NickServ confirm yLh5NhewS " into your IRC client to complete the registration.

If you don't know why this mail has been sent to you, please ignore it.

This mailbox is not monitored. Replies to this e-mail will NOT get responded to.

Thanks for using SorceryNet
      It will be from [email protected], and the topic will be something following the format of "Nickname Registration (YourNameHere)." Just follow the instructions in the e-mail, and you're registered!

After registering, you'll need to confirm yourself each time you log in, by typing "/nickserv identify *insert password here*". You don't /need/ to, but features like auto-op won't function unless you do.

If anypony has more questions, feel free to ask, and I'll do my best to answer.

Remember:

Ponies have superpowers.

Superpowers.

Spoiler
    Show

I was looking for this for a while! Yay saving me digging through old threads to find it again!

It's what you make of it, really! If you choose to identify as a brony, you are one. That's really all there is to it, "enjoying the show" is all it takes.
    Last edited by Neoseanster; 2011-11-07 at 07:26 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Magic-wielding ponies generate a low level electrical field that effects their hair the way static impacts our. Twi's generally immune since she's so skilled at controlling it, except when her hold starts to slip a la Lesson Zero.

Pinkie's hair is ALWAYS out of control because she doesn't have any formal experience on how to vent magic the way unicorns do. But since her magic is derived from or controlled by her mental state, it rapidly dissipates whenever she slips into "Pinkemina" mode (this also explains the subtle color shift).

Rarity's special power is always looking good, so her hair defaults to physically implausible but stylish configurations
    Wait, so you're saying static electricity is magic? I thought friendship is magic.

Spoiler
    Show

Applejack's Ten Gallon Hat:
    (Cloth) (headwear)
    +10 Str,
    +10 Con.
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ok pony thread I finally have a few minutes to try and get all this down. Well it looks like its about 11 days from when I am posting this till http://desertbus.org/ Desert Bus for Hope starts. Any one not familiar with this will be wondering why it matters and what this has to do with ponies. Well in answer to that Desert Bus for Hope is a charity event where the good folks over at http://loadingreadyrun.com/ (a Canadian improv group who do awesome videos and are nice people if you ever meet them) play a game called Desert Bus (from Penn & Teller's Smoke and Mirrors http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penn_%2...ke_and_Mirrors) and it is essentially the worst game ever. Well anyway they play this game until people stop paying them to (at time of posting they are up to 81 hours of play time once they start this will go up) and all the money people give them goes straight to the Child's Play charity http://childsplaycharity.org/ check it out I can wait. Well what this has to do with ponies is very little, but I feel the event and the charity are very much in the spirit of what we as a community try to do and represent also its fun to watch like ponies. Also one way these guys raise monies during the event is by letting people donate money to have them do silly or strange things (sing songs, play weird games, quote stuff, and in general just do fun ridiculous stuff) so part of my plan this year was to try to get them to sing at least one MLP song or to engage in some pony themed shenanigans. So ya that was really just what I wanted to say, if you think this sounds cool check it out you won't be disappointed also tell other folk the more people know the better the event is. Also if anyone wants to get in on trying to get them to do a bunch of pony themed things in one night let me know and we can try and get something together. (on a side note I am not part of this event I am just a fan and I like spreading the word about it cause it is awesome and something I think the community could prolly really get behind)

30. - Top - End - #60

Quote Originally Posted by Geno9999 View Post
    Wait, so you're saying static electricity is magic? I thought friendship is magic.
    Merely a side effect, unfortunately. But it does add credence to my plan to solve all our problems with a gigantic friendship-driven reactor

Quote Originally Posted by Geno9999 View Post
    Applejack's Ten Gallon Hat:
    (Cloth) (headwear)
    +10 Str,
    +10 Con.
    Throw in a dex bonus, but also the disadvantage that the wearer takes -20 to all Bluff checks