New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Default Re: Request a Homebrew: Thread 2!

Quote Originally Posted by Just to Browse View Post
    So normally I roll my eyes when Debby posts a request-tagging reminder, but having to scroll through 7 of these I realize how important it is. Debby, if you ever read this and don't hate me forever, please accept this as a formal admission of guilt and apology. Your wisdom extends beyond my knowing.
    Silly, of course I don't hate you. Apology accepted. I do feel a bit vindicated for being a nag about the tagging though. I'm just back from vacation so I haven't gotten back into full critique mode yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Glitch View Post
    I would like to request my Drakin race for homebrewing. I'd like it for as many systems as possible, for my group hasn't decided on one yet, so any number of people may take up this offer. (I suggest announcing which system your homebrewing this for so there's no overlap.)

If you'd rather not read the entire linked page, Drakin are a warrior-race Utopically-incined psychic-Dragon-Plants.
    It seems like I'd prefer to know what system first rather than waste my time. I recommend you withdraw this request until you have setteled on a system first.

Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

2. - Top - End - #902
    Ogre in the Playground

R759 Hey everybody, I am trying to re-do the Barbarian in my campaign world, to me there is not a whole lot of difference in concept between a Fighter and Barbarian, especially whne you consider that I made Rage and its derivitives Feats. I am trying to focus a Barbarian more along the lines of a front line combatant who channels the spirits of his animal totem(s) but other than the bare bones and names of abilities I really don't have a lot to think of. Im deciding on letting the Barb have a 2nd Totem animal at a later level and maybe making an additonal one a feat.

anyways I want teh barbarin to focus on supernatural abilities but refrain from casting spells/incarnam/vestiges/invocation etc.

animal totem is just the animal totem. it gives few base line abilities when you select, for insatnce Wolf nets you trip, bear nets you improved grabbed ETC. basically its a bonus feat at first level sort of with a set of abilites you gain at higher levels. id like 12 or so animals ya know, snake, deer, wolf, bear, boar, owl, hawk, turtle, lion, unicorn, pheonix, scorpion, Gorilla etc.

Totem power is where you get the cool supernatural abilities . I want these to go form per encounter, to a cool down period, to X times per day wherein X is y+stat mod+increasing integer.

frenzy is what wolverines get, very animalistic i feel maye make a feat or ability called cornered as well?

Natural toughness is +2 nat AC and DR 1/-. increase by +1 and 1/- every 4th level.

totem transformation is kinda like wildshape only its a hybrid form.. think lycanthope.. it lasts 10 minutes/level +10 minutes per con mod.

I need a super cool capstone but well.. my brain is shut down after working for a while on this table.

anyways I am partially inspired by the Dark Age of Camelot midgard class Savage so if you guys know anything about that that is kinda of what I am looking for. I am aiming for a 'Tier' 3 or even a high "Tier' 4 designation.

Barbarian
    {table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special

1st|+1|+2|+0|+0|Animal Totem

2nd|+2|+3|+0|+0|Frenzy

3rd|+3|+3|+1|+1|Totem Power

4th|+4|+4|+1|+1|Natural Toughness

5th|+5|+4|+1|+1|

6th|+6/+1|+5|+2|+2|Totem Power

7th|+7/+2|+5|+2|+2|Totem Transformation

8th|+8/+3|+6|+2|+2|Natural Toughness

9th|+9/+4|+6|+3|+3|Totem Power

10th|+10/+5|+7|+3|+3|

11th|+11/+6/+1|+7|+3|+3|

12th|+12/+7/+2|+8|+4|+4|Natural Toughness, Totem Power

13th|+13/+8/+3|+8|+4|+4|

14th|+14/+9/+4|+9|+4|+4|

15th|+15/+10/+5|+9|+5|+5|Totem Power

16th|+16/+11/+6/+1|+10|+5|+5|Natural Toughness

17th|+17/+12/+7/+2|+10|+5|+5|

18th|+18/+13/+8/+3|+11|+6|+6|Totem Power

19th|+19/+14/+9/+4|+11|+6|+6|

20th|+20/+15/+10/+5|+12|+6|+6|Natural Toughness

[/table]
    Alignment: Any
    Hit Die: 1d10

Class Skills:
    Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Ride (Dex), Survival (Wis),and Swim (Str).
    Skill Points at 1st Level: (4 + Int modifier) × 4
    Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 4 + Int modifier

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A barbarian is proficient with all simple and martial weapons, light armor, and small shields.

3. - Top - End - #903
    Bugbear in the Playground

H759

Coming up with 7 powers is hard, but if you alternate with something else...

{table=head]lvl|wolf|bear|wolverine|eagle|orca|tiger
    1|improved trip|improved grapple|rage 1/day|spring attack (ignore prereqs)|endurance|pounce
    6|scent & +8 listen|claws|rage 1/encounter|+8 spot and search|powerful build|+8 hide and move silently
    12|ignore AoOs from enemies your allies threaten|swim speed 1/2 normal|climb speed 1/2 normal|wings (fly good manoeuvrability, same speed as walk)|swim speed == normal|triple speed when pouncing from hiding
    18|trip with any attack|improved grab|greater rage|flyby attack|echolocation|standard action pounce[/table]

Also, I'd strongly urge you to expand the class skill list. At a minimum, barbarians should have perform and knowledge(nature). People who live in the wild need those.
    Last edited by dspeyer; 2013-09-11 at 12:59 AM.

4. - Top - End - #904
    Ogre in the Playground

C 957

OK, the best way I can think to do this is with the following draft (will be expanded upon, so not H 957 yet).

Construct Combinations
    When you craft a construct, you can use other constructs as materials. Any EXP or gold used to craft these constructs is deducted from the total needed for the big one. Constructs have to be status-free and full HP the entire process, and can't be used for construct-y things when you're making them.

Construct Conservationist [Feat]
    While anyone with Craft Construct can turn their old toys into new shiny ones, it takes a certain dedication and training to make use of the special materials constructs are made with. You get:
    • A cost reduction (XP, gold) on making constructs if you re-use something
    • The ability to apply material templates (see below) to constructs for no extra cost if using a construct with that material template in the creation process.
    • The ability to make constructs with multiple material templates iff there are constituent constructs with those templates in the materials. These constructs have the alternate form ability--you spend a swift action to switch their material template from any one to any other that they can access.

Material Templates
    These are quick CR + 1 (perhaps CR +2) templates. They will all have the same adjustment, the same EXP requirement, and the same cost increase, and should grant very abilities with similar strength but very disparate flexibility. This will probably only follow the materials in terms of theme and with the Rule of Cool.

Ideas concerning them:
    • Aurorum: Fast healing probably
    • Livewood: No clue where to begin...
    • Living Metal: Agh... fast healing again? That's not a good idea... I'm not sure what to do here.
    • Shapesand: SWARM STATUS
    • Quintessence: Action denial
    • Thinaun: Vile (or otherwise unhealable) damage on attacks.

The first three need to be sorted out, but I'm pretty sure I can fix up the second two. There's also a sand... template... thing somewhere in Sandstorm that we can base things on.
    Last edited by Just to Browse; 2013-09-11 at 03:04 AM.

5. - Top - End - #905
    Titan in the Playground

C957
    Make Aurorum able to recover from destruction after some delay (an hour? less?), but only in certain cases. Then Living Metal can be fast healing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water_Bear View Post
    That's RAW for you; 100% Rules-Legal, 110% silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    "Common sense" and "RAW" are not exactly on speaking terms
    Projects: Homebrew, Gentlemen's Agreement, DMPCs, Forbidden Knowledge safety, and Top Ten Worst. Also, Quotes and RACSD are good.

Anyone knows blue is for sarcas'ing in · "Take 10 SAN damage from Dark Orchid" · Use of gray may indicate nitpicking · Green is sincerity

6. - Top - End - #906
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TuggyNE View Post
    C957
    Make Aurorum able to recover from destruction after some delay (an hour? less?), but only in certain cases. Then Living Metal can be fast healing.
    My goal was to make them all similarly effective in combat, so each template is equal to its brethren. I guess it's not so important, but then I'll have a hard time justifying equal CR and cost increases (a limb-replacing construct is definitely worth more but less dangerous than one with fast healing)/

7. - Top - End - #907
    Firbolg in the Playground

C 957

OK, the best way I can think to do this is with the following draft (will be expanded upon, so not H 957 yet).

Construct Combinations
    When you craft a construct, you can use other constructs as materials. Any EXP or gold used to craft these constructs is deducted from the total needed for the big one. Constructs have to be status-free and full HP the entire process, and can't be used for construct-y things when you're making them.

Construct Conservationist [Feat]
    While anyone with Craft Construct can turn their old toys into new shiny ones, it takes a certain dedication and training to make use of the special materials constructs are made with. You get:
    • A cost reduction (XP, gold) on making constructs if you re-use something
    • The ability to apply material templates (see below) to constructs for no extra cost if using a construct with that material template in the creation process.
    • The ability to make constructs with multiple material templates iff there are constituent constructs with those templates in the materials. These constructs have the alternate form ability--you spend a swift action to switch their material template from any one to any other that they can access.

Material Templates
    These are quick CR + 1 (perhaps CR +2) templates. They will all have the same adjustment, the same EXP requirement, and the same cost increase, and should grant very abilities with similar strength but very disparate flexibility. This will probably only follow the materials in terms of theme and with the Rule of Cool.

Ideas concerning them:
    • Aurorum: Fast healing probably
    • Livewood: No clue where to begin...
    • Living Metal: Agh... fast healing again? That's not a good idea... I'm not sure what to do here.
    • Shapesand: SWARM STATUS
    • Quintessence: Action denial
    • Thinaun: Vile (or otherwise unhealable) damage on attacks.

The first three need to be sorted out, but I'm pretty sure I can fix up the second two. There's also a sand... template... thing somewhere in Sandstorm that we can base things on.
    C 957

The problem I see here is that making a special ability for each special material is cumbersome at best. Especially as an Animated Object made from the material in question already gets to access that special material's traits without a feat or extra rules coming into play.
    Additionally, it's as easy as expending some gp to equip any construct with a gauntlet made from a special material to again allow any construct to benefit from that special material.

Special materials aren't created equally, we probably shouldn't try to "fix" that aspect of the game.

However, your idea did remind me of something.
    Did you know that normally, Rust Monsters rusting attacks don't do anything to a metallic themed golem unless the golem's stat block specifically says it does? This is because after a golem, or other non-animated object construct, is animated it's body becomes "golem-stuff" instead of whatever it was before.

A portion of our solution lies in having our template say that this is not the case with this template.

As for the combining, perhaps just a simple alternate form ability and some words on how an unintelligent construct is programmed to utilize it.
    Then some limit as to the number of lesser constructs that can be combined. I suggest a exponential gp/xp cost increase for each additional construct added to the amalgam after the second or third.
    Last edited by unseenmage; 2013-09-13 at 07:16 PM.

8. - Top - End - #908
    Ogre in the Playground

C 957

Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post
    The problem I see here is that making a special ability for each special material is cumbersome at best. Especially as an Animated Object made from the material in question already gets to access that special material's traits without a feat or extra rules coming into play.
    But then how will you distinguish between those constructs? For example, why does anyone care that your warforged is made from shapesand instead of quintessence?

Additionally, it's as easy as expending some gp to equip any construct with a gauntlet made from a special material to again allow any construct to benefit from that special material.
    That's if you want to give the construct a weapon made of special stuff, instead of thinking of a new ability from the "material template". Besides, a lot of those materials aren't really useful in weapons.

Special materials aren't created equally, we probably shouldn't try to "fix" that aspect of the game.
    No one will want a weapon made of shapesand, and if given the option everyone will pick healing weapons over weapons that re-forge breaks (considering the lack of sundering in the game).

A portion of our solution lies in having our template say that this is not the case with this template.
    This is interesting, and I would definitely include it the template. That's like hella flavor right there.

Let's leave tackling how to make the combo construct until we've finished writing up how the original 6 will be made, actually. Right now as it stands, the only construct that will benefit from being made of material is the animated object--if you're ok with that, we can just say "only animated objects can be put together to make super-constructs" and take an early lunch break, but if not then we'll need to write up rules no how to give constructs special abilities based on the material they were crafted with.

9. - Top - End - #909

C 957

But then how will you distinguish between those constructs? For example, why does anyone care that your warforged is made from shapesand instead of quintessence?

That's if you want to give the construct a weapon made of special stuff, instead of thinking of a new ability from the "material template". Besides, a lot of those materials aren't really useful in weapons.

No one will want a weapon made of shapesand, and if given the option everyone will pick healing weapons over weapons that re-forge breaks (considering the lack of sundering in the game).

This is interesting, and I would definitely include it the template. That's like hella flavor right there.

Let's leave tackling how to make the combo construct until we've finished writing up how the original 6 will be made, actually. Right now as it stands, the only construct that will benefit from being made of material is the animated object--if you're ok with that, we can just say "only animated objects can be put together to make super-constructs" and take an early lunch break, but if not then we'll need to write up rules no how to give constructs special abilities based on the material they were crafted with.
    C 957

The Warforged wouldn't be made of the material. Esp if we used an Alternate Form ability for it.
    The more we discuss this the more I'm realizing that there are really only two ways to allow a creature to benefit from two sets of other creature's abilities at once; either give it the ability to switch between forms and access the abilities that way, or describe it as a sort of Frankenstein's Monster and say it has access to all of the abilities of each component creature all the time.

I'm not really sure which would be more appropriate for an Amalgam Construct Template. The first requires that the Construct be a transformer or have an extradimensional body or something where it stores it's other forms, the second is more straightforward but doesn't give the resultant Amalgam as much technical flavor...

And yeah, I kinda figured only Animated Objects would get to benefit from being Special Materials.

I think the solution to the isues is actually in the combo-construct. Guess I just attack creature design from a different angle than you do though. Not that my way is better or anything, just potentially different.
    Last edited by unseenmage; 2013-09-13 at 07:15 PM.

10. - Top - End - #910
    Ogre in the Playground

C 957

And yeah, I kinda figured only Animated Objects would get to benefit from being Special Materials.
    Ah-hah. This is a big deal. I was acting under the assumption that constituents would be made of anything (since we kept talking about "constructs" and "crafting"), but this changes the tables.

So is the resulting construct supposed to be an animated object, or something like an iron golem or shield guardian (etc.)?

11. - Top - End - #911

C 957

Ah-hah. This is a big deal. I was acting under the assumption that constituents would be made of anything (since we kept talking about "constructs" and "crafting"), but this changes the tables.

So is the resulting construct supposed to be an animated object, or something like an iron golem or shield guardian (etc.)?
    C 957

The more I think about it the more I think that no matter the shape or nature of the component constructs the resulting amalgam should be more golem-like. Heck, we could call it the 'Amalgam Golem' if you'd like.

And fluff-wise, I definitely like the image of many smaller constructs all smooshed hodge podge into a bigger one or maybe sewn together with glowing arcane stitches, which upon closer inspection are runes and sigils.

12. - Top - End - #912
    Halfling in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Starcofski View Post
    R. 954

Looking for appropriate Racial Point values for some racial traits for the Pathfinder Custom Race builder:

-Arms only capable of wielding weapons 2 sizes smaller than creature (Not additional arms).
    -Ability to increase size category of self at-will, for either a limited duration or limited uses per day (whichever sounds less broken).
    -Monster or Magical Beast type (Not sure which is more relevant, as the intelligence score will be at least 10)
    C. 954
    Just an update, I found the Change Shape, Greater (6 RP) which would work for line two if I start at the desired size. Alternately, I could just have a medium creature and try to convince the GM to allow Spell-Like Ability, At-Will, which is a Monstrous trait, but by taking Enlarge Person it would cost only 2 RP and would allow to play at a larger size without dropping the 7 points on being Large, or being unable to navigate small spaces.

Request still stands for the small arms and special typing.

13. - Top - End - #913
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    It seems like I'd prefer to know what system first rather than waste my time. I recommend you withdraw this request until you have setteled on a system first.
    Let's start w/ 3.5.

14. - Top - End - #914
    Ogre in the Playground

C 957

Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post
    The more I think about it the more I think that no matter the shape or nature of the component constructs the resulting amalgam should be more golem-like. Heck, we could call it the 'Amalgam Golem' if you'd like.

And fluff-wise, I definitely like the image of many smaller constructs all smooshed hodge podge into a bigger one or maybe sewn together with glowing arcane stitches, which upon closer inspection are runes and sigils.
    God I was hoping you would say that. OK, so the goal is to write an Amalgam Golem (potentially with an advanced form)--it'll have gold and XP costs and the special requirement of 6 animated objects from the above listed materials?

15. - Top - End - #915

C 957

God I was hoping you would say that. OK, so the goal is to write an Amalgam Golem (potentially with an advanced form)--it'll have gold and XP costs and the special requirement of 6 animated objects from the above listed materials?
    C 957

Well no, I'm still looking for a Template that combines multiple Constructs. But if that is a too-good-to-be-true thing then an example Creature such as you describe will work as a stopgap measure for now.

Matter of fact, if a Template is off the table, then a straight conversion of the Cadaver Golem from Heroes of Horror into a Construct eating monster with a note on how it interacts with special material Animated Objects would be lovely.

16. - Top - End - #916
    Ogre in the Playground

H 957

If I finally do understand what you're going for:

Making a Construct from Special Materials
    If you want to make a construct with special materials, you can either make them with raw materials or add animated objects composed of that material. The added material must be in a quantity with a gold cost equal to the cost to make a weapon out of the material (for example, a mithril-enforced construct requires 3,000gp worth of mithril). This cost is in addition to the cost to forge the construct.

Instead of providing this amount of material, you can use animated object(s) made of the material. At least a majority of the animated object(s) must be comprised of the material, and the total size of the contribution should be 1 size smaller than the construct being forged (where two creature of any size count as 1 creature of 1 greater size). Animated objects used in this method are destroyed. If an animated object is too large for the construct being made from it, the remainder can be smelted to remove the pure material but cannot be used to make multiple constructs or be reanimated. Any crafting DC's are also increased by 2 due to the difficulty of working with finnicky materials.

When a construct is made from special materials, it benefits as though its natural armor were armor made from the material and its natural attacks were weapons made from the material. Special materials do not confer a large enough bonus to increase the construct's CR. A construct can only benefit from 1 special material this way.

Metashift Constructs
    Metashift constructs are composed from more than 1 special material. This process works just as described above, but only occurs when two or more special materials are used. In order to make a metashift construct, all the relevant special materials are used up as normal (also increasing the price, and thus crafting time), and the craft DC is increased by 2 per material.

Metashift constructs, unlike other constructs, can benefit from multiple materials at a time. Each material can affect a different natural attack and/or armor. There is no limit to how many an individual material can affect except that materials cannot overlap (an attack cannot be both thinaun steel and shapesand, for example). It is entirely possible for a metashift construct to have one weapon of cold iron, one of silver, and armor of mithril, for example.

Metashift constructs can also change what materials they are composed of. If the construct spends a standard action, or it's controller spends a swift action, the construct can rearrange which materials affect which aspects of its attacks and armor.

This also does not affect the potency of the construct enough to warrant a change in CR. However it is a power-up and DMs are not advised to make every construct a metashift construct.
    Last edited by Just to Browse; 2013-09-13 at 01:29 AM.

17. - Top - End - #917
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

R959

I've recently fallen in love with the binder class, but I've always enjoyed ToB as well. Is there any prestige class that increases both soul binding and maneuvers? If not, I'd really appreciate such a class.

On Binders as well, has anyone ever made the tailed beasts from Naruto into vestiges? I think the way they kind of are, is almost perfect for vestige material.
    This second part is more of "has anyone done this?" rather than a request.

18. - Top - End - #918
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Rise of Legends Constructs - C. 960

If at all possible, could someone take a crack at the Vinci machines from the game Rise of Legends? Preferably 3.X rules. I would probably do it myself, but monster creation is too daunting a task for me right now.
    Last edited by GreaserFish; 2013-09-13 at 05:46 PM.
    vwelp. kudos to gurgleflep for the avwatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    As the old saying goes, "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby get his ass wrecked."

19. - Top - End - #919

Quote Originally Posted by GreaserFish View Post
    Rise of Legends Constructs

If at all possible, could someone take a crack at the Vinci machines from the game Rise of Legends? Preferably 3.X rules. I would probably do it myself, but monster creation is too daunting a task for me right now.
    C. 960
    Oooh, yeah those would be cool to see.
    Last edited by unseenmage; 2013-09-13 at 05:42 PM.

20. - Top - End - #920
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

C. 960

Rise of Legends Constructs
    GreaserFish you need to number your request as R. 960. and Unseen Mage please note your response as C. 960 so we're clear on which posts go together.

I'm not familiar with Rise of Legends unfortunately.

Please everyone check the numbers as I think we are off track here.

Reality Glitch: you need to number your request as well. I have no idea what number you should be so I recommend that you make a brand new request and number it (the next current number 961 but check first). Otherwise, you run the risk of it being ignored and/or forgotten.

All posts should have a designator and number R# for Request, C# for Comment (though linking to numbered request should be sufficient) and H# for Homebrew. See first post. This just makes it easier on all of us.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2013-09-13 at 10:39 AM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.

21. - Top - End - #921

HalfOrcPirate

C. 960

GreaserFish you need to number your request as R. 960. and Unseen Mage please note your response as C. 960 so we're clear on which posts go together.

I'm not familiar with Rise of Legends unfortunately.

Please everyone check the numbers as I think we are off track here.

Reality Glitch: you need to number your request as well. I have no idea what number you should be so I recommend that you make a brand new request and number it (the next current number 961 but check first). Otherwise, you run the risk of it being ignored and/or forgotten.

All posts should have a designator and number R# for Request, C# for Comment (though linking to numbered request should be sufficient) and H# for Homebrew. See first post. This just makes it easier on all of us.

Debby
    C960
    I tried figuring out what comments should be what numbers but it didn't work out to well So many unnumbered and scrambled posts lately that it's confusing - I see why now how that can be so annoying.

22. - Top - End - #922
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

C. 960
    One thing I've heard Rise of Legends called is the best game no one played. As such, I've got some of the best images I could find of the various Vinci constructs.
    Spoiler
    Show

Clockwork Men are usually used for industrial and military work, requiring various modifications for military use. They tower over humans, making them probably large in size. They cannot remain functioning in areas like deserts because the sand degrades their internal components. Military CMs can discharge powerful electrical surges in order to damage and debilitate enemies.
    Spoiler
    Show

Clockwork Spiders are almost universally military machines. They are capable of anti-air usage, but they are more commonly used against ground forces. They are capable of trampling their enemies or other wise crushing them. They are also capable of casting electrical web-shaped nets over groups enemies to entangle and damage them. Also probably large in size.
    Spoiler
    Show

Clockwork miners are only slightly larger than humans and used primarily for, well, mining. They are non-combatants, but their pickaxe can be used for self-defense. I was unable to find a very detailed working picture of this one given their small role in the game.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Zeke" is the personal robot of the inventor Distruzio, a somewhat eccentric young prodigy. Zeke is modular by design and comes equipped with three standard forms: Recon - A flying single rotor helicopter, allowing flight but disabling any ability for defense. Combat - A slower, non-flying mode that allows Zeke access to his 'wrench', actually just a large piece of metal shaped like a wrench. It can be swung with deadly force against smaller creatures. Siege - More heavily armored and armed with a large rotary saw designed for destroying large structures or potentially large, slow moving enemies. Siege form is also the slowest and not intended for extended use. Other forms can potentially be added on at the expense of others or perhaps in addition to the main three. Zeke is as tall as a Clockwork Man.
    Spoiler
    Show

The land leviathan is a huge construct, dwarfing even some dragons. It is capable of travelling underground long-distance, using its drills for anti-building or personnel combat, utilizing a wide range of missiles against buildings or flying enemies, and has a variety of other ranged weapons loaded on it. It is capable of going dormant for a time in order to repair damage done to it. Its most feared weapon is its Devastator missile, which invariably does great damage to anything it hits and anything around the hit area. Surrounding it does little to help as its weapons are all capable of functioning independently.

There are also constructs used by the Alin and Cuotl factions, but I think that would be safe to save for another time. As I said, I would likely do this myself save for the fact that these things are a fair bit daunting with my limited knowledge of how monster abilities work.

As the old saying goes, "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby get his ass wrecked."

23. - Top - End - #923
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dspeyer View Post
    H759

Coming up with 7 powers is hard, but if you alternate with something else...

{table=head]lvl|wolf|bear|wolverine|eagle|orca|tiger
    1|improved trip|improved grapple|rage 1/day|spring attack (ignore prereqs)|endurance|pounce
    6|scent & +8 listen|claws|rage 1/encounter|+8 spot and search|powerful build|+8 hide and move silently
    12|ignore AoOs from enemies your allies threaten|swim speed 1/2 normal|climb speed 1/2 normal|wings (fly good manoeuvrability, same speed as walk)|swim speed == normal|triple speed when pouncing from hiding
    18|trip with any attack|improved grab|greater rage|flyby attack|echolocation|standard action pounce[/table]

Also, I'd strongly urge you to expand the class skill list. At a minimum, barbarians should have perform and knowledge(nature). People who live in the wild need those.
    C759 OK i can see giving know:nature but perform? That makes no sense to me.

but I like your Totem Animal totem progression so far. thats ecaxtly what i wanted in terms of how they progress start out as a bonus feat then gaining versatility and power as you gain in levels.

24. - Top - End - #924
    Ogre in the Playground

C 960

I bought this game long ago from Half Price and never played it... I can at best tell you that I'll do it in a month (that's when I get back to my dusty stockpile). That's a pretty sad time frame, but in case it's the best you get, I'll offer it.

25. - Top - End - #925
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

C 960
    That's a pretty sad time frame, but in case it's the best you get, I'll offer it.
    Thanks. I might take a crack at it myself, but I'd like to see how other, more experienced people can do it.

26. - Top - End - #926
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Quote Originally Posted by desero clades View Post
    R959

I've recently fallen in love with the binder class, but I've always enjoyed ToB as well. Is there any prestige class that increases both soul binding and maneuvers? If not, I'd really appreciate such a class.

On Binders as well, has anyone ever made the tailed beasts from Naruto into vestiges? I think the way they kind of are, is almost perfect for vestige material.
    This second part is more of "has anyone done this?" rather than a request.
    C. 959

Unfortunately, I'm not as familiar with Tome of Battle as I should be and I am even less familiar with Naruto (having no idea what a tailed beast is). Google didn't turn up anything either so it seems that no one has tried it previously.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2013-09-14 at 05:28 AM.

27. - Top - End - #927
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

C. 960
    One thing I've heard Rise of Legends called is the best game no one played. As such, I've got some of the best images I could find of the various Vinci constructs.
    C. 960

Actually, the pictures help a lot. A couple of these look a lot like warforged and so Living Constructs seem the most likely way to go.

The wires on the clockwork men strike me as a weak point as are the gears since they are external. That explains the sand vulnerability. I have no clue how the weapon should work. Someone familiar with the game would have an easier time with this.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2013-09-14 at 05:54 AM.

28. - Top - End - #928
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Persychan View Post
    R. 955
    I need help to decide damage, critical and any property for a weapon. This weapon
    C. 955.
    It appears to be just a dual bladed sword. See here:
    http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Two-Bladed_Sword

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2013-09-14 at 05:59 AM.

29. - Top - End - #929
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

C. 960
    Actually, the pictures help a lot. A couple of these look a lot like warforged and so Living Constructs seem the most likely way to go.

The wires on the clockwork men strike me as a weak point as are the gears since they are external. That explains the sand vulnerability. I have no clue how the weapon should work. Someone familiar with the game would have an easier time with this.
    The ones closest to the Warforged are actually the clockwork miners. They are all relatively autonomous, but they are just machines. The miners are the ones that aren't built just for the sake of doing either heavy lifting or combat, though it's still a bit of a stretch.

For the electrical attack, damage type is pretty obvious, and it makes a little sense to me to make it a ranged touch attack that can hit multiple targets. The things are generally used to fight either other large clockwork robots or groups of six musketeers. As chain lightning, perhaps? It's not exactly a so many types per day type thing, more like once every few minutes.

30. - Top - End - #930

C959

The Occult Adversary PrC blends ToB and binding. I don't know if it's good.

C759
    Barbarians are illiterate and have no professional entertainers. They need perform, both to remember their ancestral lore and to keep themselves busy on long winter nights.

C?
    What happened to our numbering?