New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] That Day Has Come

[Streets]

Andy flies down to the others.

"I don't know I'm just here by a coincidence. Or maybe this is a punishment just like all what happened."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Null Zone

"Sure, why not."

MagCave

"Can I come in?" Ember asks.

Then the robot speaks up.

"I'm here to deliver a message and some files for Lord Magtok. Phillip Michael Banagher views him as the only other person to be trusted with these designs should he die."
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Dwarf in the Playground

Streets

When Iriel notices that the horror pig is not following, she calms down a bit. She will follow Beckett to wherever it is he is going.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Magtok snickers.

"Maybe. I can't help but hope they built right on top of R'lyeh, though. Y'know, just so they finally get some measure of comeuppance for everything."

He doesn't mention the hideous mess that's become of AMEN, though. Probably for the best, as that'd be kinda depressing.

"And yeah, cabin fever's going to be nuts. Like one of those godsawful reality shows about strangers living together, except getting voted off the island means some sick monstrosity slimes its way in through your eyeballs."
    Saurous chuckles and shakes his head as he walks up behind Magtok and Moon.

"Oh, gods. And I suppose our charismatic host, the Dread Lord Cthulhu, is going to start making us perform wacky teamwork-based challenges to avoid elimination. And our various personality conflicts are going to make it all the more entertaining as we intentionally sabotage each other's...chance of..."

He stops as he realizes just how much sense this train of thought is making.

"...it makes me angry knowing that the apocalypse is just a reality television game show taken to its logical extreme."
    Awesome Saurcrow avvie by happyturtle.
    Spoiler
    Show

I gots an award. Sort of.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

[Magcave]

"Unbased," says Psi, arriving at the scene behind Saur. "Non-sequitur detected. Now analyzing. Probability of nonsequitur being a form of speech: 68%."

The girl looks at Magtok as if she had just noticed him. "Subject 'Magtok' detected. Now engaging in conversation. Loading interaction mode. Loading. Loading. Loading. Complete.

Greetings."

[Inside - Witch Which's Wish Shop]

Plum looks out the door at the Chaos, with not a hint of tears on her face, but every trace of fear in her eyes. The Witch stands next to her looking out, as does the masked man, Sigma.

"So... is that really it?" asks Plum. "Is this how it.... how it..."

"For them, yes," says Which.

Plum turns to her. "But mistress! Isn't there something you can-"

"No," she states with a tone of finality. "This is the way things were meant to be. The day has come. We cannot interfere. You know what must be done," she adds in a softer tone.

"Yes, Mistress...." she says. And at last, she breaks down crying. "This was such... such a beautiful place."

"That it was," says Which. "That it was." The Witch turns to look at the masked man. "Sigma, we are going to sever our connection to this dimension. The Shop will now move on to a new location within the multiverse. Place the seals..."

Plum and Which walk into the Shop. Sigma closes the door. For the next few minutes, the windows close all around the Shop as the three of them go around it closing. And then....

.....the Shop vanishes into thin air. Where it once was, there is nothing left. Just an empty lot with growing plants and fungi, indicating that nothing was ever there.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

Magtok shakes his head.

"Reinholdt, if I start letting sentimentality choose who I pick, I'll end up with the entire Nexus inside here, along with every last shoggoth, squid man, and horror that can pass for a mortal being. If people see a cripple and a little girl walk in after being denied for having spent their lives as seamstresses or cooks, I'm going to have a riot out there. What the hell do you want me to do?"
    "For you to stay human. As human as you can get anyways. And not play the power game. Don't decide who lives and who dies, just rescue who you can."

Reinholdt pauses. He knows that's not going to convince Magtok. But one thing might.
    "Besides. There's a pretty decent chance you'll have to send someone out to get supplies and stuff that we didn't think of ahead of time. And we can't rely on an infinite supply of Magbots if the world's socio-economic state collapses. Even you can see the benefit of having a seamstress and cook on the mission?"
    Wow.
    Did Reinholdt just... suggest accepting people for the purposes of being expendable fodder for later?

Course, he hopes it doesn't come down to that, but if it gets more people in, he'll argue the point anyways.

"Don't really have time for this discussion right now though, do we? Where do you keep your cheap two-use rechargeable telewarpers?" He has to go before the horrors reach GLoG.
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Magcave]

In the corner of the base, perhaps somewhere unnoticed, the woman somewhere known as Libby quietly watches the proceedings.
    Silent, sad, but otherwise un-intrusive.

[Over the City]

Two different mages of no little power quietly drift over the chaos, watching the unfolding apocalypse all around.

So far they seem to be doing their best to stay out of the fighting, although for entirely different reasons.
    Unfortunately, these reasons can't stand up for long.

The first is a man in basic traveling clothes, looking around with a mix of helpless depression and frustration.
    He couldn't find Kara in time.
    Couldn't find her to make her safe.
    Not sure he can anymore. Hasn't been able to keep anyone safe, these days.
    Death is following rather closely on his heels, it seems.

He clenches his two fists, arcs of magical current jumping between the two.
    "There's nothing left, for us, and everything for them, it seems.
    Nothing more to do than make them suffer for it."

This was the Nexus. There was no running.
    They'll overrun this place and then no where will be safe.

Standing strong is all that's left.

On the other side of the city, Lady Feia glares.
    Madness is rampaging through the city, tickling at her mind, and ruining her plans.
    She did not come here to have everything stripped away like this.

This city, this land, it was never one to have made much sense, but she could tell that this was entirely too far.
    Beings of entirely excessive power have been released from prisons that none should have known existed, and now the world is paying for it.

But this price will go both ways, she will make sure of that.
    Drive out the vermin. Secure sanity.
    Move forward with the plan.

A wave of dark scales flutters over her face, a temporary shimmer in the illusion that is her body.

This can be fixed. Somehow.
    A mass extermination of pests, is all this will be.
    The violence will feel so good.

The two mages clench their respective fists, before diving low towards the city, to begin their particular futile assaults on the Infestation.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by D_Lord View Post
    AMEN

Surprise time
    The whole base and everything in it, turns into a gas and reforms behind Wolfy.
    Fun time for you.
    The volcano part has stopped spewing but it is seems to have a cap over the top.

Knock Knock

AMEN

Wolfy spins on his heel, making an underhand swing with the hammer, as if playing golf, aimed between whatever the thing uses as legs. Normally he'd answer the joke, but this wasn't the time.

MagCave

Edijar scowls behind his faceplate at Missy's comment before turning and heading over to Magtok, his helmet sliding away from his head, leaving a small bronze circlet of laurel around his head. "Remnant's gone Magtok. We're it. However, I have access to a few of our things. A trio of Mortal Coil supply caches, and the remaining Warlock Wheel, the device we used against AMEN when it attacked after The Vanishing. The caches should provide enough weapons, armor, food, and other supplies for several months." He explains before tapping on the inside of his left arm, releasing a small datastick from a seamless slot. He takes it and offers it to the cyborg. "These are the locations and codes you'll need. Survive as long as you can. Sunny and Charity trusted you, and so shall I."

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

[WATCHTOWER]

Jakob will be able to detect five separate wards present on the collar. It seems that each one seems to correspond to a different Phase of matter. The outermost, Metal, then Wood, then Earth, then Water, then finally, Fire, the innermost ward. What may strike him is their power. A single one of these wards would be enough to hold a minor god at bay. There are five. Fortunately, the vastness of their power seems to be focused entirely inward. It's almost ridiculously for any reasonably competent mage to undo them. Perhaps that was the intention. With every bond loosened, the collar seems to grow, until by the time the last one is undone, the collar has transformed into a single ring of pure blackness hovering in the air, several inches away from the cat's neck in every direction. Similarly, the cat itself begins to lose its form, eventually becoming a cat-shaped blob of pure, brilliant white fire.
    Well, only one thing left to do. Remove collar? [Y/N]

[MagCave]

KR sits around, taking sips from a bottle of water she pulled out from her coat. Hmm... I wonder what else she keeps in that thing.

MEANWHILE!
    "I think GLoG can take care of itself. Also, I-"
    Don't flip out and kill the Remnant bitch for calling you a demon. Don't flip out and kill the Remnant bitch for calling you a demon. Don't flip out and kill the Remnant bitch for calling you a demon.
    Wait, is she even female? Kal can't tell! What kind of lame-ass human military makes armor that covers your whole body? D=
    "See, even she agrees! And anyway, of course you get to keep your souls! I'm a devil, not a demon, a half-demon or any other being even remotely resembling a demon, or in any way allied with them. It's the demonic succubi that eat your souls. Diabolical ones just gradually corrupt your soul so that when you eventually die, your soul goes straight to hell for punishment."
    See, totally safe!
    "That is, if it doesn't get eaten or destroyed by a starspawn first. In which case it doesn't matter." He adds. Starspawn can do that, right? I think they can.
    "Besides, I think everyone's going to end up doing some real bastardly things eventually anyway, so might as well consider my services uh... 'on the house', as it were." How kind!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Barbarian in the Playground

Amen

Well you can hit some of the black threads holding it up but there is so many it more like the volcano got a black base about 30 feet high. Many of the supporting thread/ropes/coils wrap around the hammer to try and hold it still.

I got your hammer, I got your hammer
    auuuuuhh oh well here is the punchline Interrupting Energy Blast

Cue one huge base of energy from the eyes opening all over the volcano. There seems to be an rumbling noise coming from the sealed off top.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    *Hugs for breaking the awkardness!YAAY!
    ...Realizes he's hugging a physical manifestation of evil...*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Drake View Post
    "Evil, evil, death, stab, kill, cheese, moon-stuff, mice, evil, evil mice..."

Musings Pulled from D_Lord's head.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

AMEN

The hammer is caught! And Wolfy gets shot by a massive beam of whatever it is! Yay!

Oh...wait, not yay.

When the blast ends, Wolfy looks slightly singed, but nothing else. He gives D_Lord a look. "Yeah, look. Grabbing my hammer with tentacles was a bit much. I'm not into that sorta thing. What do I look like, an Asian schoolgirl?" He says with annoyance before the large mallet/hammer explodes violently, possibly destroying all the tendrils under the volcano, as well as maybe cracking open the base of it.

12. - Top - End - #132

Amen

Booom, Booommm and down goes the volcano.

Oh and how would one such as you know that?
    Haven't you heard tentacles are in, and hands are out
    Besides you have things to worry about

Coming up from the ground Dark Lord's Living lazor Cannons, about 50 of them in a square around Wolfy.
    MMMMMMmmmmm
    and their charging up. Rumbling is still happening from deep within the valcano.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    *Hugs for breaking the awkardness!YAAY!
    ...Realizes he's hugging a physical manifestation of evil...*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Drake View Post
    "Evil, evil, death, stab, kill, cheese, moon-stuff, mice, evil, evil mice..."

Musings Pulled from D_Lord's head.

13. - Top - End - #133

Streets

Beckett leads Iriel through the tangled maze of roads and alleyways. They go slowly, doubling back more than a few times to find an alternate route around some fallen building or signs of some sort of eldritch creature. All the while, Beckett doesn't say a word, making his way through Inside with an almost frighteningly focused silence.

Eventually, the city changes around them. No longer are they in the middle-class neighbourhoods that make up the most of Inside. Now they are in the slums. Buildings crumble around them, covered in graffiti and stains.
    "Almost there..."

(Nananananana) MagCave

"Either way, I'm taking you up on that bet. Do you have a feed on GloG on this thing?" Moon Called asks, twisting to peer at one of the monitors. Or at least, she tries to. The plate mail is somewhat constricting and she has to stand up off the megacomputer and turn around to get a look.
    It's in doing so that she doesn't notice Saurous walk in until he speaks up. The ice elf half turns, giving him a smile. "If it makes you feel any better, dear, we are, at least, the sexy couple that the network won't allow to leave because we bring in all the ratings." Moon Called pauses, furrowing her brow as she rethinks this. This was getting to be quite the convoluted metaphor, it might be starting to unravel. "... Yeah." She sums up. She shrugs, opening her mouth to say more, but is interrupted by Psi. As Moon listens to her speak, the ice elf smirks and quirks her head at Magtok. "Hey, Maggot, you know thi girl? She sounds like a... friend of yours."
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

14. - Top - End - #134

Inside MagCave Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "Don't really have time for this discussion right now though, do we? Where do you keep your cheap two-use rechargeable telewarpers?" He has to go before the horrors reach GLoG.
    The cyborg glares right at Reinholdt, and then...backs down?

Gods-dammit, the stupid cat has a point. What's worse, Rein's stubbornness and tendency towards arguing right back is half the reason Mag wanted him here, too.

"Fine, I'll let them in. But if even one acts the slightest bit Shoggoth-ish, they're dead."

Magtok sighs, and hands him a telewarper from right out of his pocket, staring down at the floor instead of making eye contact with Rein.

"This one's three-use. For well, y'know..."

Still no eye contact. Magtok isn't comfortable at all with morality stuff, especially when it involves him not being in the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    MagCave

Edijar scowls behind his faceplate at Missy's comment before turning and heading over to Magtok, his helmet sliding away from his head, leaving a small bronze circlet of laurel around his head. "Remnant's gone Magtok. We're it. However, I have access to a few of our things. A trio of Mortal Coil supply caches, and the remaining Warlock Wheel, the device we used against AMEN when it attacked after The Vanishing. The caches should provide enough weapons, armor, food, and other supplies for several months." He explains before tapping on the inside of his left arm, releasing a small datastick from a seamless slot. He takes it and offers it to the cyborg. "These are the locations and codes you'll need. Survive as long as you can. Sunny and Charity trusted you, and so shall I."
    Magtok frowns, looking down at the datastick thoughtfully, before stepping towards the nearest computer capable of accepting the thing.

"I'm going to be switching to the emergency power plan soon, Ed. Activating the teleport-blocker field, aborting a lot of experiments, conserving power to only what's absolutely vital...that sort of thing. Telewarps drain a lot to go back and forth, especially with large hauls, so..."

What he's saying is, how much junk does Remnant have hidden in those places? Is it worth it to spend a month's worth of power they might need later down the road to grab up all of this right away? Should they send a squad out to walk the way there and back? And if so, who?

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    [MagCave]

"See, even she agrees! And anyway, of course you get to keep your souls! I'm a devil, not a demon, a half-demon or any other being even remotely resembling a demon, or in any way allied with them. It's the demonic succubi that eat your souls. Diabolical ones just gradually corrupt your soul so that when you eventually die, your soul goes straight to hell for punishment." See, totally safe!
    "That is, if it doesn't get eaten or destroyed by a starspawn first. In which case it doesn't matter." He adds. Starspawn can do that, right? I think they can.
    "Besides, I think everyone's going to end up doing some real bastardly things eventually anyway, so might as well consider my services uh... 'on the house', as it were." How kind!
    The Magbot rolls its big red horrible robot eyes at Kal.

"Fine fine, whatever. You can stay. It's not like I'm in any personal danger. I mean, everyone knows you can't curtain a robot."

Maybe that's why it's so grumpy and inhospitable! =O

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    [Magcave]

"Unbased," says Psi, arriving at the scene behind Saur. "Non-sequitur detected. Now analyzing. Probability of nonsequitur being a form of speech: 68%."

The girl looks at Magtok as if she had just noticed him. "Subject 'Magtok' detected. Now engaging in conversation. Loading interaction mode. Loading. Loading. Loading. Complete.

Greetings."
    "Hi, Psi. What's up?"

Nooooooo! Maggy, that kind of question is exactly the sort Psi doesn't get at all! Why must you insist on embarrassing her like this?!

Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    (Nananananana) MagCave

"Either way, I'm taking you up on that bet. Do you have a feed on GloG on this thing?" Moon Called asks, twisting to peer at one of the monitors. Or at least, she tries to. The plate mail is somewhat constricting and she has to stand up off the megacomputer and turn around to get a look.
    It's in doing so that she doesn't notice Saurous walk in until he speaks up. The ice elf half turns, giving him a smile. "If it makes you feel any better, dear, we are, at least, the sexy couple that the network won't allow to leave because we bring in all the ratings." Moon Called pauses, furrowing her brow as she rethinks this. This was getting to be quite the convoluted metaphor, it might be starting to unravel. "... Yeah." She sums up. She shrugs, opening her mouth to say more, but is interrupted by Psi. As Moon listens to her speak, the ice elf smirks and quirks her head at Magtok. "Hey, Maggot, you know thi girl? She sounds like a... friend of yours."
    Magtok rolls his eyes at Moon. Pfft, yeah. Like those two elves are even remotely close to attractive. Even Kal probably wouldn't touch 'em.

"What the fudge are you trying to imply when you say friend? She's an acquaintance, at most. Besides, I don't do androids, that's just a huge mess of ethics issues, even if I wasn't already engaged. The GLoG feed, though? Yeah, behind and above you. Tell me when you see a shaved cat or guy with pink eyes over there, he's running an errand or something for me."

Outside Magtok Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post
    MagCave

"Can I come in?" Ember asks.

Then the robot speaks up.

"I'm here to deliver a message and some files for Lord Magtok. Phillip Michael Banagher views him as the only other person to be trusted with these designs should he die."
    ATTENTION MORTALS: I HAVE BEEN GIVEN NEW ORDERS TO GRANT ENTRY TO ALL!

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Outside The MagCave]

"Wenta chef school for years. I c'n whipya up da best food yer gonna get after all this blows ov'r. And make it last too." Mister Pinestripe Suit replies proudly.

That's totally enough to get him in, right?
    EXCEPT THIS GUY!

Wait, what?!

Why?! That's totally unfair, MagSquid! Why would your cyborg boss tell you to-

Oh gods. It just pointed three different gatling gun tentacle arms right at that guy and opened fire! Goodness gracious, what just came over the MagSquid?!

FOOLISH ABOMINATION! NOT GOD NOR MAN CAN ESCAPE THE EVERWATCHING EYE OF THE MAGSAT!
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2011-08-11 at 12:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

MagCave

Ember squees and skips on into the cave, blowing the MagSquidBot a kiss.

Phil's bot merely extends arms with what appears to be several boxes of memory storing devices, and an insanely teched-up jar labeled 'instant regrowth of biological matter goop prototype-still needs a better name-work in progress'.

"These are to be given to Magtok, the only one Phil deems worthy of continuing his life's work. More robots will be arriving shortly to assist Magtok in any way needed. They will wipe their memories and submit to Magtok upon arrival. Several starships are being prepared for evacuation to nearby habitable planetoids. One will send a landing craft half a mile to the east of here in two hours to pick up anyone who wishes to leave the MagCave safely."
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside MagCave]

The bullets tear through Mister Pinstripe Suit. Woe, woe! The poor man, cut down in his prime.

At least that's what you'd expect. Instead the bullets just pass though, leaving behind pools of black in the man. A wicked grin spreads across his face as he explodes toward the squid in a wave of black goop, green motes of light, and all consuming mouths. If it manages to get on the squid it will start spreading out over its body and melting it down, absorbing the squid's bulk into itself.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

MagCave

Edijar nods, understanding the intent of the question. "I still have access to my own teleportation network for now, for as long as the reserve power holds out, but these caches were made before Remnant, in case Mortal Coil ever needed to take down the Empire itself." He tells Magtok, letting the implications set in. "Inside them are also a dozen large power cores, the kind that help run the power of Inside. Depending on the rate of your energy expenditure, there should be enough for a few years of comfortable living here."

The locations will pop up on Magtok's map of Inside, two in Yellow Zone, one in Blue.

Edijar reaches out to set a hand on Magtok's shoulder before lowering his voice. "We both know we won't be needing power cores to last that long. We know the chances. Still, in return for the information, I need something in return. Possibly something vital."

He tries to look Magtok in the eyes before saying the next bit. "I'm going to need you to drop MagSat on me when the time comes."

AMEN

Wolfy tosses the remains of the hammer behind him, letting it vanish back into thin air before kneeling and digging his massive claws into the earth, sending out tendrils of his own power, coursing through the ground to try and trace the source of the Lazor Cannons as his fur coat turns metallic and bright.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Inside MagCave Stuff

The cyborg glares right at Reinholdt, and then...backs down?

Gods-dammit, the stupid cat has a point. What's worse, Rein's stubbornness and tendency towards arguing right back is half the reason Mag wanted him here, too.

"Fine, I'll let them in. But if even one acts the slightest bit Shoggoth-ish, they're dead."

Magtok sighs, and hands him a telewarper from right out of his pocket, staring down at the floor instead of making eye contact with Rein.

"This one's three-use. For well, y'know..."

Still no eye contact. Magtok isn't comfortable at all with morality stuff, especially when it involves him not being in the right.
    Reinholdt takes the telewarper. "I know. I'll do what I can, but the fact that they're at sea..." Reinholdt frowns and steps back. "I won't linger. Oh... and Magtok. Don't forget. Elder signs." If these things are anything like the stuff he met on Arkham street, then they're vulnerable to the sign Reinholdt has painted on the butt of his rifle. He holds it out a bit for Magtok to get a look, even holding it away from eye level, before he teleports out.

He heads to Gersemi's first, which I'll make a post for in a bit once I get a PM reply or two.
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

[WATCHTOWER]

Tragically, this is one of those situations where it's either die to Great Old Ones, or maybe die in a Fire and possibly kill said Great Old Ones.

It was a sadistic choice to be sure, but only one offered any hope.

Y.
    Extended Signature

Óla tha eínai éna.

Avatar by Dorian Soth Thormag. Thanks a bunch.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Dwarf in the Playground

MagCave

Saurous simply snickers at Moon's comments, enjoying Magtok's discomfort. It may be the end of the world, but messing with the cyborg never gets old.

His smile shrinks from his face as he observes Magtok's monitors. His eyes settle on one in particular, the one giving a view of the front entrance. His eyes widen once the man explodes into a cloud of protoplasm, as he recognizes the creature. He quickly taps the cyborg on the shoulder and points at it. He speaks quickly and excitedly, like an ornithology enthusiast would speak if they had just seen a bird-of-paradise.

"Magtok, you have a shoggoth on your doorstep. Ooh, he's a strong one, isn't he? He must be if he can retain a human shape like that. Most shoggoths can't look like other creatures very well, and the ones that can usually can't do it for any extended period of time. They were designed to be used as living construction equipment, so the lesser ones can usually only form individual organs and tools and whatnot. To think that this one can pass as a human...And look at that leap! Amazing! Your floating squid monstrosity is done for if it isn't corrosion-resistant. Ha!"

The necromancer glances over at Moon and Magtok, clearing his throat awkwardly. He usually tries to avoid getting so worked up about this sort of thing. This is serious, Saurous! A shoggoth attacking one of the few safe havens left in the Nexus is a very bad thing! Stop smiling, god dammit!
    Awesome Saurcrow avvie by happyturtle.
    Spoiler
    Show

I gots an award. Sort of.

21. - Top - End - #141

Inside the MagCave

While Magtok speaks, Moon Called peers back at the monitors, scanning them for the one with a view on HALO. "Magtok, why is this camera looking in on a bedroom? Are you watching-"
    The ice elf is, rather unfortunately, cut off by a rather excited necromancer. Following Saurous' gaze, she peers at the monitor for a moment before grinning widely. She doesn't even wait for Saurous to finish raving about his exiting new discovery. Without a word, Moon Called had picked her helmet up off the monitor it was resting on, dropping it over her head with a clank, and buckling it into place. "I'll be back in a bit, guys." She says, her voice echoing inside her helmet as she turns away. "I've always wanted to fight a shoggoth."

If no-one tries to stop her, she'll be at the door to the MagCave by the next post.
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside The MagCave]

The hole reopens. Rather a lot of mist will pour out, before finally settling down into a vaguely humanoid blob. At this point, it shifts back to human form.

Just as the shoggoth attacks. Wonderful.

Harin quickly tries to sketche three runes in the air and say a long stream of stuff in Fogborn. Whether it's part of a spell or just him swearing is hard to tell.

In any case, if nothing stops him, a dwarfish demon with green scales and unnaturally long arms will appear in front of him, and try to attack the thing.

The limbs of the pod begin to glow oddly.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2011-08-11 at 09:56 AM.

23. - Top - End - #143

[Beach]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak586 View Post
    Pysoplane, Beach
    "You should find others and then help them get out." he whispered into her ear again. He glided around her, unseen to both her and Ace. He believed it should be time to strike the deal with on of them. A bit more waiting would bear fruit.
    Beach

Ace nods. He hadn't expected her to have a way out - he doubted anyone who did would still be here.
    "Alright. You're welcome to come with me, then." A little company would be nice. And would probably help him survive for a while longer. He follows her gaze, looking out at R'lyeh for a little while, before gently reaching out to put his hand on Eadin's shoulder. "C'mon." He says, quietly. "We need to keep moving."

And there's that tickle again. The thought is right, there were others in need of help! But Eadin was never the heroic saviour type.

"Alright."Her face might betray a little bit of worry. Mostly for Galinai. Where..
    His hand on her shoulder make her snap out of her line of thoughts.
    "Right, moving. But where? There's things of that all over the city!"
    Last edited by Eadin; 2011-08-11 at 05:39 AM.
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

24. - Top - End - #144

Quote Originally Posted by Eadin View Post
    [Beach]

And there's that tickle again. The thought is right, there were others in need of help! But Eadin was never the heroic saviour type.

"Alright."Her face might betray a little bit of worry. Mostly for Galinai. Where..
    His hand on her shoulder make her snap out of her line of thoughts.
    "Right, moving. But where? There's things of that all over the city!"
    Pysoplane - Beach
    "Don't be alarmed...." he whispered.
    He came out of the Pysoplane in front of her. He was wearing robes and in his attractive 20 year old form.
    "I can help you."
    It was time for the waiting to bear fruit.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground

MagCave

"So you're saying the worst that can happen from being around you is going to hell?" she says to the devilishly handsome demon devil. "Hell, I've been sent to Hell as part of a day's work."

Missy could almost get caught up in the slumber party atmosphere. Kind of reminds her of the rec center back at base. And it sure beats thinking about reality.

The reality is that the people in this cozy little survival creche aren't going to live much longer than the people on the outside.

The reality is that as long as people are still laughing, still fighting, then every day matters. And Missy intends to give them as many days as possible.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

[MagCave]

Tautologies ahoy! The devilishly handsome devil is indeed devilishly handsome. And devilish.
    "Yep. It's worse if you're there for longer periods of time, though." He points out.
    "You know, like eternity. Or not quite eternity. Obviously when we take over heaven there won't be a Hell anymore. I think." He's not quite sure on the particulars of what happens to Hell when the devils own Heaven.

[WATCHTOWER]

The collar comes off!
    This might be a good time to start backing away. Quickly. As soon as the collar comes off, the cat begins to bubble and grow, growing brighter and brighter until... whoosh! A giant column of flame shooting up into the sky, sending a rolling wave of heat out, hot enough to wilt the grass and probably singe Jakob if he's too close. Eventually, the pillar subsides, and what's left is a giant of a man, almost identical to the metal one, only made out of blazing white flame.
    "Hahahahaha! Free at last!" Says Kerambit triumphantly, his voice a deep rumbling, like coals in a furnace.
    "Free now, and I can do anything I want!" He continues, before shooting a torrent of flame at Jakob! Fortunately, Kampilan is already there, with a massive tower shield formed from his own substance, blocking the flames. Still, it might get a little hot for Jakob.
    "You forget yourself." Says Kampilan.
    "Pffft." Says Kerambit, lowering his hand. "Sentimental. Fine. I won't kill the human."
    Kampilan pauses for a bit, then absorbs his shield back into himself, though he looks somehow... diminished, and is glowing a dull cherry red from the heat of the blow. Fire is super effective against Metal, obviously.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Nexus] That Day Has Come

[Streets>Slums]

The small creature and Wolfhound catches up to Beckett, Andy and Iriel when they arrive at the slums.

"<Uhm, greetings! Do you now where we are>"

It appears to be a Kobold dressed in mechanical armour, or a robotic one. It tries to ask in Draconic, Giant, Merfolk and Underdark. Evidently it doesn't speak Common.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Dwarf in the Playground

Streets

Beckett leads Iriel through the tangled maze of roads and alleyways. They go slowly, doubling back more than a few times to find an alternate route around some fallen building or signs of some sort of eldritch creature. All the while, Beckett doesn't say a word, making his way through Inside with an almost frighteningly focused silence.

Eventually, the city changes around them. No longer are they in the middle-class neighbourhoods that make up the most of Inside. Now they are in the slums. Buildings crumble around them, covered in graffiti and stains.
    "Almost there..."
    Iriel follows, hoping that nothing eats them before they get there. If anything, she rgards the slums with a bit of curiosity. It's like... usually, this would only scare her more. But with the whole city lethally dangerous, the feel of "this part of town is more dangerous" goes away, leaving it...different. And with most of the people either evacuated or dead, this place is not actually more dangerous than anywhere else. It's just spooky.

And being attacked some place where it is spooky is less scary than being attacked in a safe-feeling place, since in a spooky place you were expecting it.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    [MagCave]

Tautologies ahoy! The devilishly handsome devil is indeed devilishly handsome. And devilish.
    "Yep. It's worse if you're there for longer periods of time, though." He points out.
    "You know, like eternity. Or not quite eternity. Obviously when we take over heaven there won't be a Hell anymore. I think." He's not quite sure on the particulars of what happens to Hell when the devils own Heaven.
    "Does Hell still exist?" Missy asks. "Seems like the Geezers have kind of taken over everything."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

[MagCave]

"Um... I think so. I mean, the Old Ones are only interested in the Mortal Realm, right?" Right??