New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Halfling in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: You just gained a level in real life! What class would you take?

Using Pathfinder rules, Cleric of [Good Diety], non-elite array with 15 Wis, 12 Int, 11 Str, 10 Con, 9 Dex, 8 Cha. Just being able to use Stabilize as an orison would make me a coveted doctor. And that's ignoring Cure Light Wounds and Channel Positive Energy. And then once you look at the Level 1 Cleric's spell list I have massive utility, even if I can only cast two or three a day.

Really, the Cleric is the best class for more everyday powers. All of the other classes are built around combat, which isn't exactly useful in everyday life. In fact, it's not just combat, but adventuring, which is even less useful. How often is being a skilled sword-fighter going to come up? How often are the powers of the magic hippie going to come up? Flying into a rage is just going to get you in prison, same with a rouge's skillset. Even a wizard only has so much that he can do. But being able to heal people, keep someone from dying with a simple prayer? That's going to make you one of the most important people in the world.
    Last edited by LuminousWarrior; 2018-01-03 at 06:04 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

First time thread poster so I would look something like this...

Spoiler: Build
    Show

(Middle Aged) Human Incanter (from Spheres of Power)

Str 7 (8-1)
    Dex 9 (10-1)
    Con 10 (11-1)
    Int 16 (13 +2+1)
    Wis 10 (9+1)
    Cha 13 (12+1)

1 Incanter 1
    - Feat - Spellcrafting
    - Feat (Human) - Extra Magic Talent - Illusion [Disappearance - Flaw] - Invisibility (Ill)
    - Bonus feat - Extra Magic Talent - Warp
    - Talent - Alteration
    - Anarchic Transformation (Alt)
    - Time [Altered Time - Flaw] - Age (Time)
    - Life [Slow Recovery - Flaw] - Revitalize (Life)

Magical Tradition
    Drawbacks
    - Painful Magic
    - Verbal Casting
    - Somatic Casting x2
    Boons
    - Deathful Magic
    - Overcharge

Teleportation, invisibility, regeneration, youth, and shapeshifting. This would be a solid basis for an Interesting Life™. Spellcraft some combinations like adding youth and/or invisibility to shapeshifting as I find convenient. While initially fun, it is the later levels that really open up the possibilities. At levels 2 and 3 I would take two levels of Thaumaturge (with the Experimentalist archetype) for the CL boost and the three variable Alteration talents from Consumption. Continuing with Incanter after that, I would pick up Ascetic Control (Enhancement talent) and Fleshwarper (feat) to be able to maintain youth and regeneration in whatever form I chose for up to a month at a time (through Spellcrafting) and begin experimenting with fleshcrafting (probably bootstrapping a biotech company for resources). Try Spellcrafting the month long duration shapeshift for other people but I'm not sure how that would shake out due to the Spellcraft rules.

The Magical Tradition was selected primarily to provide a boost to CL (+6 in total counting the boost from Thaumaturge) so that, when I need to, my reach will not exceed my grasp by quite so much. The Verbal and Somatic casting limitations are things that I can live with but the Painful Magic may be a choice that I'll come to regret. In truth though, it is probably a good thing to have a dose of pain when drawing upon the powers of the supernatural. It will prevent me from warping every jerk I meet into a three-headed, multi-anus'd stump creature (I love Anarchic Transformation)... unless they really deserve it.

The end goal milestones (in 9 to 14 more years of this thread) are to start making humanity into something more via Permanent Transformation (Alteration talent) and Transfiguration (Life talent that 'perfects' the body, removing penalties due to age, providing immunity to poison and disease, and adding to max HP) available at level 10. Anthropomorphic Transformation (Alteration talent, does what it says on the tin) can be used to uplift promising species as well. At level 15 I would be able to start making demiplanes with gleeful abandon (just the ability to use this as an effective teleporting gate network would change everything), augment humanity to the pinnacle of survivability with Hypervitalize (a Life talent that grants most of the immunities of constructs and requires disintegration or cremation to prevent healing), while freeing them from the tyranny of those who would oppress them with Unplottable (provides immunity to divination magics of any sort, including Wish and Miracle).

Thus (humbly) starts the Transhuman revolution.
    Last edited by Quarian Rex; 2018-01-04 at 03:06 PM.
    Avatar of awesome goodness courtesy of Cdr.Fallout.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by LuminousWarrior View Post
    But being able to heal people, keep someone from dying with a simple prayer? That's going to make you one of the most important people in the world.
    Not really. According to the rules of Pathfinder, you're doing what anyone with an above average amount of wisdom and a single rank in a class skill can do with the same degree of efficiency. Now, when you get access to remove disease and can start curing cancer, then you'll be one of the most important people in the world.

And that's when you start attracting attention.

As for how often the magic hippie's powers come up, have you seen prestidigitation or unseen servant? Those are the most real-world everyday useful spells in the whole game, and are available at level 1.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    And that's when you start attracting attention.
    And that's the chief benefit of Psionics. Or going Warlock, I guess, because invisibility.

Sometimes, it's best not to attract attention. Becoming an amazing magical doctor because you can instantly stabilize a patient or remove diseases? Nice. Having wealthy clients, patient advocates, and world powers banging down your door because they want you exclusively? Slightly less nice. And since you're still Human, you're going to have to sleep eventually.

That's why I'm going Psion (or Erudite). If I'm going to be noticed - and I am - I want to be noticed as an inexplicably successful and charismatic third-world dictator, not a magical miracle worker. People are used to dictators. They're not news. A guy who can remove diseases with magic? That's news. That's big news. That's they will never leave you alone again news.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by flappeercraft View Post
    Paladin 1. Stats don't matter. I now say "Pazuzu Pazuzu Pazuzu" and I get all I really want in life. Of course by becoming Pun Pun.
    After taking your level of Paladin, you speak the words and find that nothing happens. You aren't sure why it didn't work. Your first level is locked in as Paladin.
    Last edited by Troacctid; 2018-01-03 at 09:12 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

I guess this would put me at mystic ranger 1, human paragon 2. The climb continues.
    ,,,,^..^,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Haldir View Post
    Edit- I understand it now, Fighters are like a status symbol. If you're well off enough to own a living Fighter, you must be pretty well off!

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Avowed, now Level 3.

Relaxing to be an Eldritch Psionic whatsitsname, with everything at will. :)
    A neutron walks into a bar and says, “How much for a beer?” The bartender says, “For you? No charge.”

01010100011011110010000001100010011001010010000001 10111101110010001000000110111001101111011101000010 00000111010001101111001000000110001001100101001011 100010111000101110

Later: An atom walks into a bar an asks the bartender “Have you seen an electron? I left it in here last night.” The bartender says, “Are you sure?” The atom says, “I’m positive.”

8. - Top - End - #38
    Barbarian in the Playground

Warlock or Magical Child Vigilante. Spellcasting, a Social Talent, and either the ability to shoot lasers or have a magic pet?

9. - Top - End - #39

Locked in? Hmmm. Let's see:

Quote Originally Posted by Coventry View Post
    I'm torn between two Pathfinder archetypes: Unsworn Shaman or the Synthesist Summoner.

The shaman has a longer ramp-up time, but a higher power level at the end, while the Summoner's "Iron Man" thing would be cool to try.

Ah, who am I trying to kid? I choose the Synthesist.
    Yeah, that works. Synthesist Summoner, again, please.

"Mending" and "Unseen Servant" for the new spells at level 2.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground

Note that the 'magical training' feat lets you choose 2 or 3 (spontaneous vs. prepared) cantrips, for 3 castings per day (total), so you can take any class you want and still have prestidigitation and mend.

Spoiler: last year
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalist View Post
    I can't give up spontaneous quality-of-life spells, but I am changing my 2nd level to artificer (3.5, since I'm less familiar with PF). Besides, one could always use Dark Souls playthroughs as rebuild quests for retaking these levels.

Bestow Curse is a 2nd level spell on the demonologist list (Consolidated List of "Bargain Bin" Spells for Artificers), meaning an artificer could be scribing it at level 1. You get 2 UMD attempts per scroll, would only be out $3 if you fail both, and further success will be trivial after the first scroll.

Spoiler: Final Build, spell selection
    Show
    Sorc1/art1. 13/12/11 int, cha, wis; 10/9/8 con, str, dex.
    Versatile spellcaster and heighten spell for my initial feats.

Arcane spells:
    1) endure elements: To greatly increase my travel options and comfort.
    1) feather fall: For some incredible skydiving.
    0) mending: Convenience and financial freedom.
    0) prestigidation: Cleaning, pranks (i.e. changing how things taste), etc.
    0) launch item: ("Challenge -me- to a water balloon fight?")
    0) stick: Everything is Velcro! ("I have -what- stuck to my back?")

Artificer infusions:
    1) skill enhancement: Realistically, +2 to any specific skill for 10 minutes/lvl would be a fairly noticeable boost.
    1) weapon augmentation, personal: Grants a weapon any +1 enhancement (or up to +10,000 i.e. spellblades are +6,000g) for 10 minutes/lvl; that's a pretty big list ('silent strike' to silence yourself, 'merciful' firearms, 'wrecker' to ignore hardness, or a 'bane' for any situation).

For now, I'll be exploiting bestow curse to help with medical and energy research (i.e. 'cursing' researchers with +6 int / wis and +4 to all skill and ability checks); and, naturally, using it to 'max myself out' for my current resources (numerical bonuses, extra feats, youth, total anonymity, etc.).

The scrolls cost 3x what I thought (Artificers can craft items 2 levels early but still pay as if the CL were normal), but that's trivial. Assuming the previous year of bestowing benign curses went well, I'll be continuing in this vein for another year.

Sorc1/Art1 -> Sorc1/Art2.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shalist View Post
    Note that the 'magical training' feat lets you choose 2 or 3 (spontaneous vs. prepared) cantrips, for 3 castings per day (total), so you can take any class you want and still have prestidigitation and mend.

The scrolls cost 3x what I thought (Artificers can craft items 2 levels early but still pay as if the CL were normal), but that's trivial. Assuming the previous year of bestowing benign curses went well, I'll be continuing in this vein for another year.

Sorc1/Art1 -> Sorc1/Art2.
    You found that any attempts to bestow a purely beneficial curse failed. Experimentation revealed that it was possible to include beneficial effects in a curse, but only if they were accompanied by negative side effects. In the process, you and/or anyone else you tested this on probably acquired some curses that were more uncomfortable than intended, which you'll probably want to remove.

12. - Top - End - #42

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    And that's the chief benefit of Psionics. Or going Warlock, I guess, because invisibility.

Sometimes, it's best not to attract attention. Becoming an amazing magical doctor because you can instantly stabilize a patient or remove diseases? Nice. Having wealthy clients, patient advocates, and world powers banging down your door because they want you exclusively? Slightly less nice. And since you're still Human, you're going to have to sleep eventually.

That's why I'm going Psion (or Erudite). If I'm going to be noticed - and I am - I want to be noticed as an inexplicably successful and charismatic third-world dictator, not a magical miracle worker. People are used to dictators. They're not news. A guy who can remove diseases with magic? That's news. That's big news. That's they will never leave you alone again news.
    This. So much this.

Also, the last guy whom supposedly healed the sick on any kind of scale? Things didn't go so well for him. Turns out governments and organised religions tend to frown on people upsetting the status quo. And real life doesn't have things like level appropriate encounters or recommended number of encounters per day - once you get noticed you'll be dealing with a zerg of people who want exclusive use of you, burn you as the witch you probably are, or cut your brain open to see what makes it work.

If you're going to work supernatural powers in the open, psion is the way to go. Personally I will stick with sorcery simply because my int isn't good enough to get high level powers, but I should be able to manage at least 6th level spells with level boosts in charisma. I'll just have to be subtle and fly under the radar, but I am not really looking for power anyway. Just enough resources and freedom to pursue my own interests without being trapped in the web of stupidity and enforced mediocrity that is society.
    Spoiler: How to fix T1 classes:
    Show
    There are more posts on the forums about how to nerf T1, than there are posts about T1 characters ruining games. I would say the problem is solved!

This? This isn't a slice of brilliance. This is the whole freaking pie.

When you play the game of pwns, you're either w1n or n00b. There is no middle ground.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Are Autism, ADHD, Psychopathy, Nerve problems(very low ability to feel pain), Continuous Headache and Fussy(Pain killers only) Flaws/Templates?

Anyway, I think I Forgot to choose invocation and feats last year with my first level.

Warlock 1 invocation:
    Baleful Utterance

Dragonfire Adapt 1 invocation:
    Endure Exposure

I will become the best travel be foot in the world or a Red Fel minion if I will be able to find him(That look like fun and my ability to reprogram myself(I have some flaws/templates in the top of this comment with the reason) will make me a good minion).

My stats should be:
    Very high Int and Dex
    High Con
    Above average Wis and Str
    Average Cha

I can use the 8-13 abilities because I don't have balance in my abilities but I should have way higher Stats.

Abilities:
    13 Int
    13 dex(11+2 from human feat and skill bonuses)
    12 con
    10 Wis
    9 Str
    8 Cha(I can't understand humans but they are very easy to influence).

Feats:
    Will be edited later, after I will get an answer for the question above.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BloodSnake'sCha View Post
    Are Autism, ADHD, Psychopathy, Nerve problems(very low ability to feel pain), Continuous Headache and Fussy(Pain killers only) Flaws/Templates?
    No. None of your existing abilities or disabilities are taken into account.

15. - Top - End - #45

BlackDragon

Archivist 3. Taking Craft Wondrous Items. Also, 2nd level spells, whee!

You can heal people, just be subtle about it, take precautions and don't stay in one place too long. Don't use your powers in the open. Be the (disguised) temp janitor/nurse/whatever at a time when the hospital had a lucky streak, not the miracle healer.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I like how this became some sort of New Year tradition. Telepath 3. My plan will not be derailed.

Just gonna repost this, with the additional plan that I'd start spreading stories about certain "strange people" amongst conspiracy circles, which especially easy in this day and age. It'd be just like before with most conspiracies and hoaxes, but we'll now get actual solid evidences that will make even the skeptics pay attention.
    Seriously, I'd prefer something that blends well into ordinary urban society. As much as possible, no big and flashy effects, ridiculous transformations (except disguises for blending in), eerie chants/gestures, crapton of props/items, and pulling stuff out of thin air.

So given those, I'd go first for a Telepath 5 with the Telepathy ACF, picking up Mindsight ASAP. This nets me practical uses IRL like Bluff/Diplomacy/Gather Info/Sense Motive ranks, and powers like Psionic Charm, Catfall, Synesthete, Sustenance, Psionic Tongues, Detect Hostile Intent, and Touchsight. It will be followed with Slayer 10 for immunity to being located using devices and getting Listen/Spot ranks. I'll get more nifty powers like Temporal Acceleration, Psychic Reformation, Psionic Divination, Psionic FoM, Psionic Dominate, Psionic Modify Memory, Mind Probe, Psychometry, and Mass Cloud Mind, maybe spending a feat to get Metamorphosis too for dire situations where I'll need it, or for just being in disguise. Thrallherd would be redundant if I could pick up Leadership anyway, so I'll finish it of with just more Telepath levels. By now, I'll also be having Mind Seed and True Mind Switch for virtual immortality, Psionic Greater Teleport for easy transportation (but making sure nobody sees me popping in and out), and Bend Reality.

TL;DR: Telepath 10 / Slayer 10 for subtle powers, unlocatability, leadership, and social skill suite. Basically, a build most suited for those in "suits".
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

17. - Top - End - #47

BardGuy

Honestly, I would go Dragonfire Adept. They have plenty of useful invocations, and breath weapons are quite useful in a variety of situations.

I would go something like this:
    13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8

STR 10
    DEX 9
    CON 15
    INT 12
    WIS 8
    CHA 11

HP: 10
    AC: 9
    BaB 0

FORT 5
    RFLX -1
    WILL 1

Breath Weapon
    2d6 Fire RFLX DC 13

Invocations:
    Endure Elements (So as to not set things on fire unintentionally)

Feats:
    Dragontouched (From Class)
    Least True Dragonmark of Making (Ebberon Setting) (From Human)
    -I can repair all kinds of stuff now! :D
    Breath of Siberys (1st)
    -makes BW more potent

Skills:
    Appraise +5 = 4R+INT
    Decipher Script +5 = 4R+INT
    Diplomacy +4 = 4R+CHA
    Know (Local) +5 = 4R+INT
    Know (Engineering) +5 = 4R+INT
    Speak Language +4 = 4R

Languages:
    English
    Spanish
    Japanese
    Russian
    French
    Mandarin

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Continuing my prior build plan. I pick up Craft Wondrous this year, as well as the ability to grab Wizard spells without the need for scrolls. Yay! Still at 1st level spells, though.
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2018-01-04 at 07:54 AM.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Troacctid View Post
    you can get a +2 to one of them for being human (either as a standard human ability in PF or by giving up your bonus feat and skill points with that one variant human in 3.5).
    What's this?

20. - Top - End - #50

Yaaay, another year, another level. Last time, on this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Tohsaka Rin View Post
    Thanks for giving me a better idea.

Summoner (Pathfinder). With Limbs (arms) and Skilled (Profession: Construction) I can build houses while I'm fooling around on the internet.

Heck, I can even have a weekend job working for a moving company, if the customers let me use their wifi.

Any if anyone annoys me, they'd better PREPARE FOR TITANFALL.
    This time, on this thread: Summoner1/Aegis1

Time to get me a (somewhat) super suit, totally immune to coffee stains. More importantly- no, nearly as importantly, I can now touch things to repair them. My computer will (almost) never need fixing, dropping my tablet will no longer give me a heart-attack, and I can have another side job where I barely do anything, and make a bunch of money.

"Dropped expensive electronics? Noooo problem!"

Astral Skin: Darkvision, Energy Resistance, Extra Arms, Lesser.
    "The trick with Psionics isn't looking for what's good, it's looking for what makes everything else better."

Spoiler: The False Nose of Vecna.
    Show

Make a disguise check every time you encounter someone new.

If the d20 roll results in a 13 (without modifiers) that person automatically assumes you are Vecna in a very poor disguise, and cannot be convinced otherwise, short of a wish spell.

Minor Artifact.

In memory of Monty Oum, 1981-2015.
    The world is a little less bright, now that it lacks you.

21. - Top - End - #51

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Adventurer View Post
    What's this?
    Complacent Human from DMag 320 is the 3.5 variant.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Thaneus View Post
    I'd also go with the several other guys saying Telepath 1... its just so good for this society we live in.
    but for my stats... well from self assessment Str 10; Dex 6; Con 10; Int 16; Wis 8; Cha 16
    but since the task is non elite array: 9;8;10;13;11;12
    Yeah now I am Level 2 Psion Telepath... but what powers I have...

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I don't think I've posted in this particular thread series before, although I'm certain I've posted in one like this at one point or another. Anyways, why not have a little fun?

I'm tempted to take my first level in Medic, since I put all that effort into designing the class, but it isn't particularly useful for me since I definitely don't have the physical ability scores to play a martial character.

Instead, I think I'll take my first level in Tactician. I've really grown to love the collective ability, and psionics is a much more fun system than vancian magic. For my first two feats I'll just take Psionic Talent twice to get some more PP.

EDIT: For my one power known, I'll grab Call to Mind. A +4 circumstance bonus to any knowledge check is sure to come in handy.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, going back and picking my feats. First level, Able Learner (will save me on some skill points for later) and Silent Spell (in case I need to conceal when I'm casting). Third level, Craft Wondrous Item. They're really useful, and having a Hat of Disguise is just too nice to pass up.

Stats (will have to apply age penalties to the base)

Str 10->9
    Dex 8->7
    Con 12->11
    Int 11->12
    Wis 13->14
    Cha 9->10
    Last edited by Telonius; 2018-01-04 at 11:56 AM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Has it been a year already....?

I had to look it up, but last year I decided to become Lord A.A.King by taking a level in the NPC Aristocrat class and just buying power with the Mercantile Background feat....

I just assumed there wouldn't be a level 2, now I need to think of something good to make-up for last years choice
    Oh well, at least my levelled self should have made a decent profit, can't quite say the same for real me.

EDIT: I'll take a level of Wizard, replacing Scribe Scroll with a Fighter Bonus Feat (Mounted Combat).
    Last edited by A.A.King; 2018-01-15 at 08:53 AM.
    Remember: Offence is taken, not given

Play-by-Post Characters:

Sir Balduin of Buckwood (OOC | IC)
    High Priest Azrael (OOC | IC)

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Karmea View Post
    Complacent Human from DMag 320 is the 3.5 variant.
    Cool, thanks

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Even though I posted in the first year, I never declared because I was weighing the pros and cons of being an undead abomination and eventually forgot.

Well, I'm a nay on that.

So, my first level will be a 3.5 Bard with the following stats:

Str 8, Dex 9, Con 10, Wis 15, Int 12, Cha 11.

For feats I'll grab Able Learner and for my human bonus I'll go with Great Fortitude because getting sick a dying sucks and I don't want anything vital on my human bonus feat because I won't stay human I'll take the +2 stat variant instead of the bonus feat.

I'll also pick two flaws; the standard gimmies of Murky-Eyed and Noncombatant, and use those to pick up Eschew Materials and Invisible Spell.

For spells, my four cantrips are mage hand, mending, prestidigitation, and summon instrument.

The build plan is Bard 1/Cloisterred Cleric 1/Human Paragon 3/Chameleon 10/Ardent 5. As feats really aren't an issue, I should end up with access to all 9th arcane and divine spells, and be able to slowly amass up to all 8th powers.

I intend to lay low, using some minor divinations to play the markets to amass whatever wealth I need anonymously, and then GTFO once all the GitPGers start struggling for world domination/destruction. Perhaps I will build a few arks to get the remnants of humanity to safety.

And yes, I am assuming that I am not unique here. Simply because the odds are good that if it's happened once, it's happened multiple times.
    Last edited by Deophaun; 2018-01-07 at 05:54 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Hey, thread's back! Fun! So let's see...

In the last thread, I had...

So, one level later, I have:

Spoiler: In a world where I am the only PC, this is me:
    Show
    Red Fel
    Psion (Telepath) 2
    STR: 8
    DEX: 10
    CON: 12
    INT: 261
    WIS: 13
    CHA: 14

Feats: Overchannel (Human bonus feat), Psicrystal Affinity (Psion bonus feat).
    PP/day: 6+42
    Powers Known: Attraction; Charm, Psionic; Demoralize; Inertial Armor; Mindlink.

1 The 15 in the Elite Array is here replaced by Red Fel's natural Int score, which has previously been established as 26.
    2 INT grants a bonus to PP/day.

When a Psion levels up, he gets two new Powers. Attraction and Demoralize will do well to keep people doing what I want, covertly.

Spoiler: In a world where PCs are a thing:
    Show
    Red Fel
    Erudite (Spell to Power variant) 2
    STR: 8
    DEX: 10
    CON: 12
    INT: 261
    WIS: 13
    CHA: 14

Feats: Overchannel (Human bonus feat), Psicrystal Affinity2.
    PP/day: 6+43
    Powers Known4: Attraction; Demoralize; Disable; Far Hand; Inertial Armor; Matter Agitation; Mind Thrust; Missive; Synchronicity; Synesthete; Telempathic Projection; Vigor.

1 The 15 in the Elite Array is here replaced by Red Fel's natural Int score, which has previously been established as 26.
    2 The Spell to Power variant Erudite gains Psicrystal Affinity as a normal Erudite, but loses its bonus feat.
    3 INT grants a bonus to PP/day.
    4 An Erudite starts play with two 1st-level powers known, plus one for every point of INT modifier. Red Fel has an INT modifier of +8.

An Erudite, likewise, gets two powers, here Disable and Telempathic Projection. Ideal for expanding my repertoire of tools to manipulate the feeble masses.

Sadly, it will be another year before I get a new feat, but I'll bide my time. In either event, at this point, I can pretty much get anybody to do pretty much anything I like.
    Not 26 int, but at least 16, maybe 18(the average human actually is really, really stupid). You leave a developed country school with a 12-14 anyway. Otherwise, yes, psion, out of which telepathy is most exploitable.
    Last edited by martixy; 2018-01-04 at 01:47 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Pathfinder Arcane Blooded Sorcerer with a Cat Familiar(I like cats).

Light, Mage Hand, Mending, and Prestidigitation as my Cantrips, all would have use for day-to-day life.

Keep Watch and Ant Haul would be my level 1 spells, same deal.

Basically I would want to make my life easier, not much else. I have no need for anything offensive or dealing with magic.

Skills would probably some combination of Craft and Profession and feats being Skill focus for them. would make it easier for a new livelyhood without standing out.

I'm pretty boring compared to most people's ideas, but it's what it'd want over being a hero of some sort.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by martixy View Post
    Not 26 int, but at least 16, maybe 18(the average human actually is really, really stupid). You leave a developed country school with a 12-14 anyway. Otherwise, yes, psion, out of which telepathy is most exploitable.
    Yeah, while I have no doubts of Fel's intelligence IRL, claiming that he's allowed a 26 when the rest of us are limited to a 15 at best is kinda BS, especially for someone that the Playground acknowledges of a paragon of Law (and Evil, but the Law is the important one here).
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.