New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Explorers of Acacia - Main thread

The half-orc with the short attention span stopped her posing in armor against the bar as introductions were asked for. "Zrekha Darkblade." She introduces herself shortly, looking the surprisingly creepy-looking man. Adventurers? A good name, she supposed. "The best warrior from my tribe. And former leading bodyguard of the Scarlet Sorcerer merchants."

2. - Top - End - #182
    Troll in the Playground

Kel wakes up from his slumber feeling hungry, he grabs a good berry and throws it into his mouth. He then falls back asleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

Those of you still at the bar, it is closing down for the night.

My Homebrew-Estote clementes, et numquam desinete discere.-FanAdv

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Lyral tears his gaze away from Lia for a moment, breaking the spell of steel. He blinks twice, his half-warm smile coming back to his face. He saunters towards the front door, looking back at the others.
    "I prefer to sleep under the stars, if that's no trouble." He nods at Zrekha, an invitation of sorts. Relaxed, self aware, and radiating a quiet confidence, the hunter exits, stage left.

Spoiler
    Show
    Are there any secluded alleys or tucked away places around the inn for Lyral to make his abode for the evening? I have a Magical Bedroll and Rations, so there's no trouble there.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

In the silence following the hunter's exit, Imaran clears his throat. It seems that we will have to save this chat for a later occasion. I myself will be lodging at the inn across the street -- you are welcome to join me if you wish.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class: A Fortuneteller wielding a minor Deck of Many Things. Mid T3.

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.
    The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3
    Web-Spinner: A martial class based around using webs. Mid T3.
    The True Warrior: A swift mundane martial combat class that can dodge and slice their way to victory. Low Tier 3.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

Algrith nods to Imaran
    Of course. I'll be reading in my room. Wake me in the morning when you want to break your fast.
    With that, he stands up and proceeds to the in, eager to finish his notes from today's foray into the library.

7. - Top - End - #187

"I am sure we will meet come morning." Zrekha tells the gathered people, including Lyral as he leads off, brushing her own cloak past her shoulders so her armor is once again displayed prominently. She takes a confident stride to the inn across the street so that she might find herself a room; she wouldn't deign to sleep in an alley in a city such as this.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Interesting group of people. Then again, I'm sure the same can be said about us. Honestly, I hope I do have a bit more business within the city." Tarmikos muses.

"I suppose we should consider taking this party to the Inn." Tarmikos thinks out loud, as he starts toward the other side of the street. "I really hope they've still got a room for me. I'm getting tired of sleeping in the dirt."

Tarmikos turns around and flashes a smile toward Dagoc, Jorah, and Lia. "See you again, friends!"

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Are there any secluded alleys or tucked away places around the inn for Lyral to make his abode for the evening? I have a Magical Bedroll and Rations, so there's no trouble there.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Right next to the inn, actually.

Everyone who was planning on staying at the inn, you get a room there rather uneventfully. (5 silver per night)

EDIT: The next morning, a loud noise wakes up everyone in the inn. It is a bunch of guards swarming in and out of the bar across the street.
    Last edited by qwertyu63; 2012-03-08 at 11:12 AM.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Naturally restless, Tarmikos was already awake when he was alerted by the activity. It takes him little time to gather what equipment he had not already secured, and to exit the room and observe the commotion outside.

"What's going on here?", he attempts to ask anyone who would speak to him.

11. - Top - End - #191

Zrekha rolls off of the top of her bed, her full armor donned and herself rested as her greatsword flies into her hand from beside her in the bed. She casts her gaze across the room, tightening her grip on the handle before moving to the window to look at the bar across the street. It was quite a large amount of guards; it could not have been just a murder.

After casting her daily buffs, the half-orc re-sheathes her greatsword with the knowledge she could bring it to bear any time she chose; and heads down the stairs to the ground floor of the inn. She drops three copper pieces into her haversack. Perhaps there would be guards in the inn, to explain the situation. If not, she would have to see if Lyral chose to hunt early.
    Last edited by Hazuki; 2012-03-08 at 11:53 AM.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

Various people are staring out the window at the chaos across the street. The innkeeper is trying, and failing, to get them to calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    "What's going on here?", he attempts to ask anyone who would speak to him.
    One of the guards tells you "N-nothing. Absolutely nothing. Now just go back inside where it's safe." Clearly this guy is a horrible liar.
    Last edited by qwertyu63; 2012-03-08 at 01:36 PM.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

A load noise can be heard as Algrith rolls onto his back, notebook stuck to his face. He knew that he tended to be a little hard of hearing and, as some of the librarians said, absent-minded. If those observations were true, then something stupendous must be going on. Shoving the few items he managed to take out of his pack the night before back in, he rushed out the door only to realize that he had no idea which room was Imaran's. <I'll wait downstairs for him> he thought to himself.
    Once he got to the downstairs room, he saw the commotion going on. Seeing that he wasn't going to get any information in the ensuing chaos, he walked over the the frantic innkeep and asked.
    What do you have for breakfast?
    with a bland face that spoke of an obliviousness of the disorder around him.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tarmikos puts a hand on the guard's shoulder. "Now, if nothing was going on, why would being out here be less safe than being inside?" Tarmikos asks, a bemused look almost carved into his face.

"I can tell you with the utmost sincerity that I mean no harm, and have nothing but the most honorable and noble intentions, so you need not distrust me. I can also tell you that if there's something here capable of threatening me, or anyone here, being away from the situation wouldn't diminish the threat any further." Tarmikos attempts to reason with the man, trying to seem as trustworthy as possible.

"Now, if it isn't too much trouble, please explain to me what's going on. In fact, if it isn't too much trouble, please allow me to see as well. I had business here with the bartender last night, and I'd like to check on him." Tarmikos says, as he attempts to step past the guard, should there be no complications.

Spoiler
    Show
    Heh, don't even need to roll a Sense Motive. Cool for me, since the stupid Dice Roller hates me.

Speaking of which, does the previous Diplomacy pass here, or do I have to roll it again? And if so, can I -please- take 10? The dice roller is a jerk.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by razorback View Post
    Once he got to the downstairs room, he saw the commotion going on. Seeing that he wasn't going to get any information in the ensuing chaos, he walked over the the frantic innkeep and asked.
    What do you have for breakfast?
    with a bland face that spoke of an obliviousness of the disorder around him.
    "Look around for TWO SECONDS and see what's going on, would ya!?!?"

"Now, if it isn't too much trouble, please explain to me what's going on. In fact, if it isn't too much trouble, please allow me to see as well. I had business here with the bartender last night, and I'd like to check on him." Tarmikos says, as he attempts to step past the guard, should there be no complications.

Spoiler
    Show
    Heh, don't even need to roll a Sense Motive. Cool for me, since the stupid Dice Roller hates me.

Speaking of which, does the previous Diplomacy pass here, or do I have to roll it again? And if so, can I -please- take 10? The dice roller is a jerk.
    "Well, checking on him could be a little hard, as he's half the man he used to be. Follow me." he says, leading you through the guards.

Spoiler
    Show
    Your roll passed, no need to worry.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

No need to yell, good man. Once you have taken everyone elses order, just bring me whatever today's special is.
    With that, Algrith sat waiting at the first open seat for Imaran to appear, who would have been surprised to see Algrith actively watching the comings and goings of what was happening in the main room of the inn.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Troll in the Playground

Kel wakes up to the ruckus outside the Church and the city, he quickly gets up and wakes up Silvan. He then rushes over to Halaza and gently wakes her up if she is not awake already.

There seems to be trouble going on outside. Lets try and see if we can help..

After waking Halaza Kel looks around to see if there is anyone who might know whats going on. He then will ask what is going on outside.
    Last edited by Silva Stormrage; 2012-03-08 at 02:55 PM.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silva Stormrage View Post
    Kel wakes up to the ruckus outside the Church and the city, he quickly gets up and wakes up Silvan. He then rushes over to Halaza and gently wakes her up if she is not awake already.

There seems to be trouble going on outside. Lets try and see if we can help..

After waking Halaza Kel looks around to see if there is anyone who might know whats going on. He then will ask what is going on outside.
    One of the clerics appears to be preparing to head somewhere. He says "There's been an 'incident' over at a bar on the south end of town.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

Lyral smiles as he carves into the side of pig at his side. He makes a small, satisfied sound as the warm and greasy meat slides down his throat.
    The heavens be damned if it isn't just the little things that make our world turn. The half rotted planks of the box on which he is sitting creak as Lyral shifts his weight.
    Hmmm. It seems as though there's a terrible commotion across the street. How the weak are cut from the ranks of the living! He watches closely, as Tarmikos makes his way into the masses that surround the inn. He chuckles, deciding to wait and observe for the time being.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-03-08 at 04:29 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyu63 View Post
    One of the clerics appears to be preparing to head somewhere. He says "There's been an 'incident' over at a bar on the south end of town.

Kel thinks to himself for a bit then asks the cleric, Do you know at all what happened? A bar fight? Do you think we could help?

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

Lia

Awakened by the commotion I roll out of bed, quickly strapping on my kit before hurrying downstairs to see the commotion in the street. I see a guard talking to Tarmikos and I hurry over, catching up just as they turn to go in, laying a hand on his shoulder just before they get out of reach through the cordon of guards.

"Hey! Mind if I join you?"

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

Kel thinks to himself for a bit then asks the cleric, Do you know at all what happened? A bar fight? Do you think we could help?
    "I don't know. I just found out that something is happening. I'm going over to see if I can help. You should come along."

Quote Originally Posted by RCgothic View Post
    Lia

Awakened by the commotion I roll out of bed, quickly strapping on my kit before hurrying downstairs to see the commotion in the street. I see a guard talking to Tarmikos and I hurry over, catching up just as they turn to go in, laying a hand on his shoulder just before they get out of reach through the cordon of guards.

"Hey! Mind if I join you?"
    The guard turns to Tarmikos and asks "You know her?"
    Last edited by qwertyu63; 2012-03-08 at 04:04 PM.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Cute. I can already imagine what happened. Tarmikos replies to the guard, cursing his luck under his breath. Of course, my first contact in the city, and he ends up dead.

Before he can go, Tarmikos feels someone's hand on his shoulder. Tensing for a fraction of a moment, Tarmikos relaxes upon hearing her voice, and smiles at Lia.

"Yeah, I know her. You can trust her.... and she'll probably want to see this, too." Tarmikos responds, motioning toward the entrance. "I doubt this'll be pretty, but let's go.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

Lia

I follow Tarmikos and the guard into the bar, not sure what to expect. Nothing good at least.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Orc in the Playground

PirateWench

Halaza wakes in her small room, the fire now cracking as the embers cool.
    She hears a cleric talking in hushed tones to Kel in the next room, probably trying not to wake her, and his wolfs deep breathing in the next room.

She wakes and brushes out her tabard and dress tunic, its messy... she should probably use the wash room...
    Her hair stuck to her face and her skin covered in tiny beads of sweat... but this is more important.

Moving to the door she opens it slightly.

Morning campers, whats going on?

Already she is stood in the doorway, taking her tabard off and pulling the heavy plate over her head... Attacking her swords to her back and belt and shield to her arm.
    She pushes her kukri back into her shield with a resounding click and gleams at Kel...

So lets make sure the right thing is being done... whatever the comotion?

26. - Top - End - #206
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psymple View Post
    Halaza wakes in her small room, the fire now cracking as the embers cool.
    She hears a cleric talking in hushed tones to Kel in the next room, probably trying not to wake her, and his wolfs deep breathing in the next room.

She wakes and brushes out her tabard and dress tunic, its messy... she should probably use the wash room...
    Her hair stuck to her face and her skin covered in tiny beads of sweat... but this is more important.

Moving to the door she opens it slightly.

Morning campers, whats going on?

Already she is stood in the doorway, taking her tabard off and pulling the heavy plate over her head... Attacking her swords to her back and belt and shield to her arm.
    She pushes her kukri back into her shield with a resounding click and gleams at Kel...

So lets make sure the right thing is being done... whatever the comotion?
    Kel looks over and speaks, Apparently there is some commotion over at a local bar. A lot of guards were moving towards there but we don't know what exactly is going on. I think we should go check the place out though. He was going to show me there. Kel motions to the cleric, Actually what is your name? I feel rude for calling you "He" when you're showing me kindness

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

Awaking to hear the commotion outside, Imaran quickly gestures her away from the door where she was keeping watch and into his office. Closing his office, he quickly straps on his various items and quickly heads out to the main part of the inn, where he stumbles across Algirth. What's going on? he asks.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming Algirth says something to the effect of "I don't know"

Imaran frowns. Whatever it is, it sounds serious -- the street looks to be swarming with peacekeepers. We should go see if they could use any help. Exiting the inn (hopefully in the company of Algirth), Imaran walks up to the nearest guard, then pauses, seeing his companions from the previous night walking towards the scene with a guard in tow. With a shrug, he turns and strides over to them. "Whats happening?"
    My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class: A Fortuneteller wielding a minor Deck of Many Things. Mid T3.

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.
    The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3
    Web-Spinner: A martial class based around using webs. Mid T3.
    The True Warrior: A swift mundane martial combat class that can dodge and slice their way to victory. Low Tier 3.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

Tarmkos, Lia:
    Spoiler
    Show

"Cute. I can already imagine what happened. Tarmikos replies to the guard, cursing his luck under his breath. Of course, my first contact in the city, and he ends up dead.

Before he can go, Tarmikos feels someone's hand on his shoulder. Tensing for a fraction of a moment, Tarmikos relaxes upon hearing her voice, and smiles at Lia.

"Yeah, I know her. You can trust her.... and she'll probably want to see this, too." Tarmikos responds, motioning toward the entrance. "I doubt this'll be pretty, but let's go.
    Quote Originally Posted by RCgothic View Post
    Lia

I follow Tarmikos and the guard into the bar, not sure what to expect. Nothing good at least.
    The guard shows you inside the bar.

Dagoc's torso is laying on the bar, while his lower body is on the floor. It was a clean cut. The flesh nearby the wound appears to be in some state of advanced decay (Please roll Knowledge (Arcana). Tarmikos, roll with a +2 circumstance bonus). There are signs of a struggle.

Kel looks over and speaks, Apparently there is some commotion over at a local bar. A lot of guards were moving towards there but we don't know what exactly is going on. I think we should go check the place out though. He was going to show me there. Kel motions to the cleric, Actually what is your name? I feel rude for calling you "He" when you're showing me kindness
    "Oh, I'm Latinskel. Come on, we'd best get moving." he says, clearly worried about what he might find when he gets there.
    Last edited by qwertyu63; 2012-03-08 at 10:42 PM.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyu63 View Post
    "Oh, I'm Latinskel. Come on, we'd best get moving." he says, clearly worried about what he might find when he gets there.
    Kel nods, making sure to grab his great sword and all of his equipment before leaving. He sheathes his blade and then tells the cleric and Halaza Okay Latinskel, Halaza, lets go.

If no one else needs anything Kel follows the Latinskel out of the church.
    Last edited by Silva Stormrage; 2012-03-08 at 11:05 PM.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

As he sits, Lyral muses on the frenetic activity of the civilians and the possible causes involved.
    Hmm. A murder, perhaps? What else would drive all of the little lambs but fear? Not my own handiwork. There is little honor in such a kill. Slaughtering rabbits is hardly the game of a master hunter. No, something else is going on. His curiosity, once kindled and left to fester, grows inside him. He feels his skin chill, his pupils dilating and contracting, his breathing heavy. His right hand fingers begin to tremor, sliding up and down the ivory handle of his hunting blade.
    I would need to see more to be certain, wouldn't I? Yes, I suppose I would. However, on the off chance that there is a murderer out there, who better to serve as my next quarry? Slowly, methodically, he wraps up his breakfast, returning it to his haversack. He brushes himself off, basking in the brief sensation of his calloused palms running over fur and worked leather. Lyral's movements, even after a long night, remain graceful and efficient. Rolling his shoulders back, he stretches, yawning all the while. He grins balefully as the tendons in his spine grind and crack, one by one, slowly. He can feel his very being curling and uncurling in anticipation.

"What happened here?" Lyral's question, directed at one of the guards standing watch, is surprisingly devoid of emotion. His grey eyes dart from one face of the crowd to the next, assessing everything they land upon, even if only for an instant. As such, he sizes up the watchman, smiling all the while.
    "Can I go in?"
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-03-08 at 11:15 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.