New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop XIII: "Ironclads, Furiosos and Soul Grinders, oh my!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    But you know what? I feel like doing exactly that, so I need the forum to help me collaborate a lean mean Tyranid machine at 1500 points for a 3 round tournament.
    The Tyranid codex has a serious problem. That is to say, once you factor the errata, the codex is almost completely and totally balanced. It is very difficult to make a Tyranid list capable of the sort of binary list slaughtering that Razorspam perpetrates.

This is what I have at my disposal
    Spoiler
    Show

2 Zoanthropes (Can also proxy to Doom)
    15 Hormagaunts
    17 Termagaunts
    10 Gargoyles
    8 Genestealers
    A broodlord
    A Hive Tyrant
    2 Carnifex
    A Trygon (Can proxy)
    3 Warriors
    And that's unfortunate. Redundancy is the name of the game for Tyranids, as with just about every other 'dex.

But I'll see what I can do.

Spoiler
    Show

HQ

The Swarmlord - 280pts

Elites

Zoanthrope Brood x2 - 160 pts
    - Mycetic Spore

Ymgarl Genestealer Brood x9 - 207 pts

Troops

Warriors x3 - 115 pts
    - Barbed Strangler
    - Deathspitter x2

Termagaunt Brood x17 - 85 pts

Hormagant Brood x15 - 90 pts

Fast Attack

Gargoyle Brood x10 - 60 pts

Heavy Support

Trygon - 265pts
    - Prime
    - Regeneration

Old One Eye - 260 pts

Total - 1502 pts

I'll be honest. This list is bad. You barely have enough models to make a 1500 point list, disregarding the copious amount of upgrades Tyranids can take. I'd recommend you pick up a Battleforce to flesh out the middle of your list, and probably some more Zoanthropes and Hive Guard as well.
    Last edited by Arcanoi; 2011-08-11 at 08:49 AM.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop XIII: "Ironclads, Furiosos and Soul Grinders, oh my!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky S View Post
    Heavy bolter. You shouldnt be around enemy infantry and your infantry should be protecting your basilisk from deepstriking/outflanking units. If you get a weapon destroyed and have a flamer then you risk losing your entire unit by driving it up to the enemy. In kill points that is not something you want.
    Ah. A pity, then, that the Basilisk kit does not come with a heavy bolter. I'll just dig one up from one of the Chimeras that I put a flamer on. Thanks.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

55 points for a tank with heavy weaponry. That means for every 3 Razor backs a BA player takes I can take 1 Unupgraded Carnifex, fantastic! 4/5 razorbacks I can get a Trygon/Prime. Holy crap does that sound awful.
    Why would you want Carnifexes? Hive guard are 50 points a piece. And Zoanz are 60.

But you know what? I feel like doing exactly that, so I need the forum to help me collaborate a lean mean Tyranid machine at 1500 points for a 3 round tournament.

This is what I have at my disposal
    Spoiler
    Show

2 Zoanthropes (Can also proxy to Doom)
    15 Hormagaunts
    17 Termagaunts
    10 Gargoyles
    8 Genestealers
    A broodlord
    A Hive Tyrant
    2 Carnifex
    A Trygon (Can proxy)
    3 Warriors

So, grab your clubs, cause I want to squash some seal head.
    You need bigger squads. And 2 carnifex? And Carnifex ain´t even that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanoi View Post
    The Tyranid codex has a serious problem. That is to say, once you factor the errata, the codex is almost completely and totally balanced. It is very difficult to make a Tyranid list capable of the sort of binary list slaughtering that Razorspam perpetrates.

And that's unfortunate. Redundancy is the name of the game for Tyranids, as with just about every other 'dex.

But I'll see what I can do.

Spoiler
    Show

HQ

The Swarmlord - 280pts

Elites

Zoanthrope Brood x2 - 160 pts
    - Mycetic Spore

Ymgarl Genestealer Brood x9 - 207 pts

Troops

Warriors x3 - 115 pts
    - Barbed Strangler
    - Deathspitter x2

Termagaunt Brood x17 - 85 pts

Hormagant Brood x15 - 90 pts

Fast Attack

Gargoyle Brood x10 - 60 pts

Heavy Support

Trygon - 265pts
    - Prime
    - Regeneration

Old One Eye - 260 pts

Total - 1502 pts

I'll be honest. This list is bad. You barely have enough models to make a 1500 point list, disregarding the copious amount of upgrades Tyranids can take. I'd recommend you pick up a Battleforce to flesh out the middle of your list, and probably some more Zoanthropes and Hive Guard as well.
    Biggest problem is propperbly lone swarmlord. But i think fexes would be better than old one eye.
    Last edited by Ninjaman; 2011-08-11 at 09:40 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizak View Post
    I'm gonna be against the flow here and say outlined.

What? Everyone else are against the flow too, okay?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    In the grim statistics of the far future, there is only math.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Most Hilarious Murderer in the Playground. Both his episodes of hysterically ending my life left me chuckling even hours later when I thought about them.
    And more in the extended signature!

Extended signature

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Wow. People hate Stelek. Who knew?

Still, something about 'Yes, The Truth Hurts' wouldn'tve been censored, right?
    No, but it's pretty wordy and doesn't quite fit (which is a shame). Some of the Fly Lords hate Stelek so much they made jokes about his wife having a miscarriage - not joking she should, joking she did. Yeach
    Princess in the streets.
    Princess in the sheets.
    Don't touch me I'm royalty.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hey everyone. Last weekend's Trios Tournament was a near failure (My team got the "Smokin' Boots Award" for most traitorous dice, so our last place finish won us a new set of d6's), and this weekend is 'Ard Boyz. Unfortunately, I'm not actually very confident in my own list (I have to rebuild it, because special characters are not allowed to be counts-as'd if the real character model exists, and I don't own a Dante).

I did build another list, though, that I have a little more confidence in. Specifically, it is a Vulkan/Sisters of Battle list for Mattarias that may actually have a chance of taking a Semi-Spot from my FLGS, which is pretty cool. I'm currently attempting to make sure we both have all of the models we need (since I'm lending him the Marine half of the list), and I was hoping I could get some critiques before I finish building/converting/counting everything.

VULKAN / SISTERS OF BATTLE, 2500 POINTS, 'ARD BOYZ.
    Spoiler
    Show
    HQ
    Vulkan He'stan, 190pts
    +In the LRC

Canoness, 146pts
    -Blessed Weapon, Inferno Pistol, Cloak of St Aspira, Mantle of Ophelia, Frags, Jump Pack

ELITES
    Ironclad Dreadnought, 185pts
    -2 Heavy Flamers
    +Drop Pod

Assault Terminators 5, 460pts
    -Thunderhammer & Storm Shield
    +Land Raider Crusader (Multimelta)

Inquisitor, 72pts
    -Power Weapon, Bolt Pistol, Frags, Psychic Hood
    -Powers: Hammer of the Witches
    +Either in the LRC or with one Dev Squad, not sure.

TROOPS
    Tactical 10, 240pts
    -Melta, Multimelta
    -Sergeant: Thunderhammer
    +Rhino

Tactical 10, 240pts
    -Melta, Multimelta
    -Sergeant: Thunderhammer
    +Rhino

Sisters 10, 221pts
    -Flamer, Heavy Flamer
    -Veteran: Power Weapon, Brazier of Holy Fire, Frag Grenades, Book of St Lucius
    +WH Rhino (Smoke Launchers)

Sisters 10, 221pts
    -Flamer, Heavy Flamer
    -Veteran: Power Weapon, Brazier of Holy Fire, Frag Grenades, Book of St Lucius
    +WH Rhino (Smoke Launcher)

FAST ATTACK
    Dominions 6, 215pts
    -4 Flamers, Imagifer (Simulacrum Imperialis)
    -Veteran: Combi-flamer, Frag Grenades
    +Immolator (Smoke Launchers)

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Devastators 5, 155pts
    -2 Multimeltas
    +Rhino

Devastators 5, 155pts
    -2 Multimeltas
    +Rhino

The models/units are not locked in, but I DO have to limit things to what we actually own, so unfortunately I may have to veto some suggestions. However, I do welcome all comments and critique. I'll probably post my own list some time later after I figure out where I put it, to see what people think. Until then, let me know how you feel about Vulkan's ladies, hm?
    Last edited by Hootman; 2011-08-11 at 06:25 PM.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Orc in the Playground

Chimera

Hey guys! Well, I'm more than brand new to warhammer 40k (as I haven't even bought my first set yet) but I'm thinking about picking up assault on black reach. Is that a good one? Is it worth it?

Also, do all these models have to be the same color? Do space marines HAVE to be blue? I hate blue.

Also, could I use the space marine models for an Angel of Death army or Space Wolves, etc? Or are they strictly SM? So many things about Warha

7. - Top - End - #277

Quote Originally Posted by Otherworld Odd View Post
    Hey guys! Well, I'm more than brand new to warhammer 40k (as I haven't even bought my first set yet) but I'm thinking about picking up assault on black reach. Is that a good one? Is it worth it?
    It's the starter set. Good for Orks, OK for regular Space Marines. Has the rules, but not the other stuff that's in the main rulebook. (Background information, for example).
    Also, do all these models have to be the same color? Do space marines HAVE to be blue? I hate blue.
    No.
    Also, could I use the space marine models for an Angel of Death army or Space Wolves, etc? Or are they strictly SM?
    The tactical marines have their squad markings sculpted on. "Non-codex" space marine chapters (Space Wolves, Blood Angels etc.) use different squad markings. You could use them as non-codex marines with bolters, but it would look a little strange. The Terminators and Dreadnought are fine for any chapter (though they lack the unique design details of, say, the Space Wolves).

8. - Top - End - #278
    Orc in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Ogremindes View Post
    It's the starter set. Good for Orks, OK for regular Space Marines. Has the rules, but not the other stuff that's in the main rulebook. (Background information, for example).

No.

The tactical marines have their squad markings sculpted on. "Non-codex" space marine chapters (Space Wolves, Blood Angels etc.) use different squad markings. You could use them as non-codex marines with bolters, but it would look a little strange. The Terminators and Dreadnought are fine for any chapter (though they lack the unique design details of, say, the Space Wolves).
    So which squad markings are sculpted on the marines that come with black reach?

9. - Top - End - #279

So which squad markings are sculpted on the marines that come with black reach?
    A large arrow on the right shoulder pad of the tactical squad marines. That's the standard Codex tactical marine marking.
    Last edited by Ogremindes; 2011-08-11 at 07:04 PM.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Orc in the Playground

Chimera

Oh, gotchya. So in order to change these Space Marines to something else, I would have to purchase something like this?:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/ca...tCatGameStyle=

11. - Top - End - #281

Oh, gotchya. So in order to change these Space Marines to something else, I would have to purchase something like this?:

Not for black reach, the shoulder pads aren't separate.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Orc in the Playground

Chimera

Oh. I am sorely confused. =/.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ettin in the Playground

Black Reach is a starter set, which means it should be something that you use to mess around with, not your real army. A battleforce is what you would use as a starter for your real army.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

14. - Top - End - #284

Unfortunately, that set would do you no good, because the Assault on Black Reach Marines do not lend themselves to conversion; they're just snap-together bolter marines, and it would be difficult to impossible to get them to be anything but exactly what they are. (Essentially, plastic bricks.)

Luckily, this can be countered by telling you one thing: if you want to play Space Marines, do not buy the AoBR set. The army you get is not legal (so you can't just play properly out of the box), and the units are not equipped in the way most people would probably field them (the Captain especially is kind of terrible without a good bit of conversion or counts-as). Instead, I would suggest you do more research, figure out exactly which type of space marines you'd like to play (since each chapter has different rules), and then either buy that army's Battleforce box, or go buy stuff off of Ebay and similar sites.

This is, of course, just my opinion. (Except for the part about AoBR being a poor choice, that is an unfortunately provable statement. As a Space Marine player myself, I feel the pain of others who have fallen into its trap.)
    Last edited by Hootman; 2011-08-11 at 07:27 PM.

15. - Top - End - #285

Most plastic space marines have separate heads, arms, legs, backpacks, front and back torsos and shoulder pads. 9 pieces if the weapons aren't separate and you don't add any accessories. The black reach ones are something like 3 pieces, designed to be easy to assemble with a minimum of equipment (just need clippers. They don't even need to be glued).
    Last edited by Ogremindes; 2011-08-11 at 07:28 PM.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Orc in the Playground

Chimera

oh wow. Thanks for diverting me from that trap. I was under the impression that it was an amazing deal, especially when planning on halfing it with someone who wanted orks. I'll definitely look at other armies and battleforces. I was just planning on Space Marines because I figured 50 bucks for an army split with someone who wanted orks was a good deal.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

So, yesterday I was sad. I walked into the store after getting off work on pay day. I may have mentioned a few times that GW is between home and work and it's easy to stop there in the afternoon.

I walked into the store - on my pay day, mind - looked around, and didn't want anything. Are any of my current army projects finished? Hell no. But I just didn't want any of the models on the shelves. I mean, some of the Storm of Magic stuff looks fantastic, but, 40K on the other hand?

It's not the price that prevents me from buying stuff. Seriously, I'm me with my job. Price isn't usually an issue. It's the lack of goodness in the models. I don't know about anyone else, but 'round my parts nobody got into Grey Knights, partly because everyone was only in the middle of making their Blood Angels, and partly because no-one wanted the models, and, well, partly because a kit of five models cost as much as other armies' kits with ten. That's why I haven't done a write-up of Grey Knights. I, personally don't want them and no-one around me gives me any games of which I can use to gauge their effectiveness. I mean, reading the Codex is fine, but it doesn't show you how it works in game (Necron Pariahs are an obvious example).

And then there's the Power Armour Ennui. I want to finish my projects. But, I just don't want to do it now. Maybe it's time to play Fantasy for reals. Or play Imperial Guard or Dark Eldar.

Then there's the other stuff on GW policies that almost seem designed to push me and other veterans out of the hobby, but I'm not going to get into that since it isn't important on a forum like this one. This and the above is all I feel I need to say. If I wanted to say more I'd make a blog. The models coming out, I feel are lackluster and I really don't care about them.

Once more, I'd like to re-iterate that there are no new models for Sisters. The White Dwarf is a stop-gap to shut people up. Nothing more. 'FULL RANGE IN THE ONLINE STORE' means 'the old range we've had for years please pay attention to us again'. Sisters aren't bad. But, this 'White Dwarf Codex' is not designed to get people to start playing Sisters. Its designed for the people who already play Sisters, so that they continue to play Sisters and stop bothering GW Staff.

Seriously, why did they take away the 10-woman box?
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2011-08-11 at 07:55 PM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

18. - Top - End - #288

RedWizardGuy

oh wow. Thanks for diverting me from that trap. I was under the impression that it was an amazing deal, especially when planning on halfing it with someone who wanted orks. I'll definitely look at other armies and battleforces. I was just planning on Space Marines because I figured 50 bucks for an army split with someone who wanted orks was a good deal.
    If the two of you can each cough up an extra $50 for a second kit, AoBR is still decent. You've got a thousand-point legal army, and two copies of the core rulebook, which people seem to forget is a 50-dollar value right there. (And there's one for each of you!) If you're looking to do some conversion work, just take a nail file to the arrows on the shoulderpads, buy an accessories frame from the GW store and some plastic glue, and get to work.
    Last edited by Teln; 2011-08-11 at 10:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Book of Erotic Fantasy
    Love Life of an Ooze: One ooze. Idiot hits ooze. Two oozes.
    If you use a blood-based McGuffin in a campaign with a vampire PC, plan for what will happen when said PC sticks it in his mouth.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post

Seriously, why did they take away the 10-woman box?
    To make us mad. The new codex really doesn't look too good so far. I mean, can't judge it when it's only half out, but.. They really, really kicked Faith to the ground.

..But anyways, yeah, 'Ard Boyz comin' up. Time to roll dice and chew bubblegum. And I... Have both, actually.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ettin in the Playground

What faith powers have they revealed as of yet?
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

There's a tournament that the store where i live is preparing to undergo in which you roll to see if you switch armies at the start of the scenario.

I REALLY need to learn to paint faster...
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

What faith powers have they revealed as of yet?
    Cannoness gives +1 inish and preferred enemy in the assault phase.
    Command squads get Relentless and Move Through Cover in the movement phase.
    Battle Sisters get basically ATSKNF in the movement phase, or, in shooting/assault, reroll 1s (To-hit). Can use both, but spend a faith point for each.
    Celestians get +1 strength and fearless in assault.
    Dominions get twin-linked weapons while shooting.
    Seraphim reroll failed to-wounds while shooting.
    Retributors can make their guns rending.

That's it, I believe. Remember that you only have 1d6 faith ATTEMPTS each turn.
    The stuff they get IS nice, but each unit can only use one type of thing. It's... Ehhh...
    Last edited by Mattarias, King.; 2011-08-11 at 10:51 PM.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, it seems pretty good really, atleast to my perspective but I've only fought sisters once and it was annoying as heck considering 1 cannoness and her partner held my Trygon prime in combat for 3 turns thanks to a faith power that gave them invulnerable saves and they managed to make them for every 6 attacks I made.

Plus they seem kind of like combat field upgrades such as "oh, I can't penetrate that tank.... RENDING GUNS! Pew pew what's that 2+ armor save? I can't hear you over the sound of metal being torn asunder" making it more situational and gives them a bit more adaptability. Although some of those powers should be for the general populace such as +1 strength and fearless and maybe the reroll ones thing.

But I've never really met the sisters of battle enough to know if they desperately need Faith in order to do anything.

Edit: Also, what's ATSKNF (Forgot how it's spelled but that thing with the sisters)
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2011-08-11 at 11:40 PM.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

24. - Top - End - #294

DwarfFighterGuy

Edit: Also, what's ATSKNF (Forgot how it's spelled but that thing with the sisters)
    And they shall know no fear.

The space marine leadership rule.
    Claspedchurches: This is a mudstone dwarven fortress. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with bauxite, studded with ice, decorated with gold, and adorned with hanging rings of magma. This fortress menaces with spikes of steel, iron, bronze, and silver. On the fortress is an image of an image of cheese in pitchblende.

On the fortress is an image of a megaweapon in gold, silver, jet, obsidian and adamantine. The goblins are burning.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

Pfff, that's nothing. My Cannoness took every single ranged attack from both Deldar AND Tau before falling. I kid you not. They threw every single gun they had at her. Came down to them crying over last handful of dice before she fell. 2+ Invul saves are DELICIOUS.

Amusingly, she died RIGHT as "Through the Fire and the Flames" ended. I believe these events are related.

Anyways, yeah, the abilities are NICE, don't get me wrong, but you're giving up the potential to give your whole army 3+ invul saves, or AP1 weapons, or +2 inish, or whatever when it counts.

Sisters, at least as they are now, are reliant on Faith as pretty much their only way to turn the tides against these newer codices. Without it, well... Why aren't you playing Salamanders?

Oh, and sorry, it stands for "And They Shall Know No Fear", as iyaerP said.

26. - Top - End - #296

A friend of mine asked whether this is a normal sized Warhammer 40K figurine.
    Now, I'm pretty sure that it's not 40K but I have no idea what the normal size is for such a figure. You guys do. Share the knowledge

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    "Leave my Rakkoon alone!"
    What shall I say to thee, rakkoon, thou cruel,
    Ingrateful, savage and inhuman creature,
    That knewst the very bottom of my soul,
    That almost mightst have coined me into gold
    Wouldst thou have practiced on me for thy use?
    Supa Songs about me

Thanks to Elder Tsofu for the banner and Rowsen for the avvie!

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ettin in the Playground

Perhaps games workshop is thinking about buffing the Sisters and making Faith more of a utility instead of an "OMG AP 1 WEAPONS! SCREW YOU MONSTROUS CREATURES!" Again, I'm not the most certain point of view for sisters, considered I'm slightly only slightly biased considering a single squad of Sisters one shotted my Carnifex with AP 1 weapons. Faith seems to be, unpredictable, and very hard to counter or prepare for. Are those the only Faith powers available in 4e

Also, sisters of battle are getting an audio diary/book in the next few weeks (I can't remember but it might be between 3-5 weeks). So there's that.

Edit: Yes Rak, that is average size despite the fact that the model you linked is outdated a decade or so (Also it's in another language that I don't understand).
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2011-08-12 at 02:04 AM.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

To be fair, it 'only' makes wound rolls of 6 into AP1/power wounds, but yeah, I can see where you're coming from.

They're a 3e codex, actually, and yes, but the ones I mentioned are the only ones that really matter.

Audiobook sounds interesting. I'll keep an eye (ear?)out for that.

And now, at 3:00 AM... I go unconscious.

29. - Top - End - #299

Thanks, is it 40K ?
    Doesn't look like any model I've seen in the 40K range.
    Mind you I haven't played in 13 years so ...yeah.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    "Leave my Rakkoon alone!"
    What shall I say to thee, rakkoon, thou cruel,
    Ingrateful, savage and inhuman creature,
    That knewst the very bottom of my soul,
    That almost mightst have coined me into gold
    Wouldst thou have practiced on me for thy use?
    Supa Songs about me

Thanks to Elder Tsofu for the banner and Rowsen for the avvie!

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ettin in the Playground

It is 40K, it is for the Imperial Guard first edition, and is again outdated so you shouldn't be using it anyway.

Edit: I can't remember but can Sisters rapid fire? Because if they do that 6 wound thing becomes a huge thing.
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2011-08-12 at 02:16 AM.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░