New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1506
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS

Quote Originally Posted by Forbiddenwar View Post
    In the search for a challenge I tried to play an end to crafting and failed horribly. As far as I can tell that game mode requires you to first find a village with a blacksmith, otherwise, you can't get coal to make torches.

And since I've never found a village, ever, in any game, let alone one with a blacksmith, I gave it up.

So I've started something slightly easier. An end to mining. What that entails is no using tools to mine blocks. I will not make a tool, nor use a bed until I beat the enderdragon. All blocks I get must either be punched or exploded in order to mine. At least this way, with creeper mining, I was finally able to craft a furnace and get somewhere.

I can have a sword (wooden since cobble is hard to get), bow and arrow, flint and steel and a hoe. No picks, no axes, no shovels.
    You should play some of Vechs Super Hostile maps. Or maybe TerraFirmaCraft.
    Last edited by ShneekeyTheLost; 2012-09-03 at 12:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS

I suggest Vechs' Super Hostile Legendary map. It's pretty massive/insane.
    Sometimes, I have strong opinions on seemingly inconsequential matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisis21 View Post
    Phhase he played four
    He played nick nack on my door
    With a nick nack paddy whack
    Give a dog a bone
    Phhase came rolling home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventruenox View Post
    You found a way to backstab... with a ballista...

I want to play at your table.
    Spoiler: How to have a Good Idea
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Buy a lava lamp, it more than doubles the rate of good ideas :p
    Better yet, buy this lava lamp.

3. - Top - End - #1083

Quote Originally Posted by Eldest View Post
    Well that was more than slightly patronizing.
    But yes, you can always warp to creative and (just tested this) you can place blocks, including enderchests. I'd test if it goes between creative and other worldgroups, but that would be skirting way too close to the actual cheat for me.
    Heh, sorry. I meant the ironcraft world. There's a creative world besides? I haven't seen it in a long time....

EDITlolol: Server's down.
    EDIT: Neeever mind.
    Last edited by Phhase; 2012-09-03 at 03:21 PM.
    Phhase he played four
    Give a dog a bone

Show

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Troll in the Playground

I thought about vech's maps. I decided for now to do my end of mining for specific reasons.

1)I've never beaten the dragon before, or even traveled to the end. I have collected wool and records before. In a vech's map.

2) Once you beat a vech's map, there's nothing else to do in that map. I wanted to be able to beat the dragon with some challenge, and then move on to play normally.

3) There is something about caving with nothing but a wooden sword, some torches and a few pieces of bread. From what I've seen of Vech's map, the pacing and environment is different. Though epic, it doesn't have that randomness that true caves have.

4) I will likely play a vech's map at some point. I enjoyed his 404 challenge. However, Vech's being a widely popular map, spoilers are difficult to avoid.

I don't know if dungeon spawning has changed in 1.3, or the game senses that I only have a wooden sword and my wits, but after half an hour of caving I have come across 2 skeleton dungeons, 1 spider dungeon and 1 zombie dungeon. In 1 cave. they seem like they are around every corner. Can anyone confirm this suspicion, or did I get a strange world?

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoilers on the internet are kinda hard to avoid yeah.

Chat me up on steam and I can describe some of the maps i've played for you.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Barbarian in the Playground

AWDI Here,
    Somehow, I fell out of the world, I lost a my full iron enchanted armor, a diamond shovel/pickaxe/sword/axe, all of them were enchanted. I lost a bit of other things that weren't really important, 56 planks,2 wooden doors, some melons, a painting,etc and that I don't mind losing. The only things I want back are my armor/tools.
    This happened at about (GMT-4:00) 8:45pm to 8:50 pm the 9/3/2012

Proof that i fell out of the world.
    Spoiler
    Show

awesome avatar made by Trazoi
    Totem Cleric:A divine fighter that uses a totem which empowers him.

I will not have as much acces to a computer so I will not post as much.

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1087

What are the co-ords of a chest you own?

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Phhase View Post
    Heh, sorry. I meant the ironcraft world. There's a creative world besides? I haven't seen it in a long time....

EDITlolol: Server's down.
    EDIT: Neeever mind.
    In the Creative world-group, there's the Ironcraft world, which is usually locked up so that people can't place blocks there, and the Creative world, which is free and clear (except for maybe TNT, not sure about that). It's even more confusing since some of the Ironcraft contests have been held on the Creative world.
    LGBTA+itP

9. - Top - End - #1089

TNT can only be placed by mods+ in creative to prevent people from crashing the server. To access creative, use /wg 1 or /wg creative. If this puts you in ironcraft, use any nether or end portal (you can construct one yourself) and you'll go to creative.
    Last edited by Saposhiente; 2012-09-03 at 11:31 PM.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Ettin in the Playground

A few people also have warps set up to go the the creative world, ofr example; /warp island village, and /warp island village 2, are two of mine, though one is an island covere din random thigns, and the other is an archipeligo with several bodies of water filled with minecarts and boats, some forming into pillars sticking out of the water in arch formations.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hey Everybody, it's been forever since I have been on. Only the second day of college is over, and I can already feel the stress building.

I just came on for a bit, and thought of some awesome thing(s) that I had wanted to add to the Pyramid Event. I've managed to change it so that when inside the pyramid, that people CANNOT, use any commands, other than /list. That means that every other command is obsolete, you are unable to use: /home; /back; /spawn; /whois And that's only listing a few.

What I had wanted to ASK/Beg/Plead of SAPO or someone who is of the higher ability, is to add a plugin, that would be able to privatize, the chat from a certain world, and is toggleable, so that when I or someone else is hosting an event in the Pyramid World, that those in Creative, or World, or Terra, or Ironcraft, or wherever, have to deal with my massive spamming and such.

I think that this would be a great aid to the event, because it would reduce greatly on the amount of disruption to those outside of the event, and it would make the event feel a great deal more authentic. If people think that this would be a good idea, then please support me with posts, agree that you would like this idea, even if you aren't planning on participating in the event any time soon. I hope to be able to host an event some time this week, such as on Saturday.

The next thing that I had wanted to bring up mainly or entirely to Sapo, was the death spawn. Currently, the death spawn point is at world spawn, with every single portal. That gets annoying for a very good reason, because people can simply "/back" right back into the pyramid, if it were possible (that is if I don't figure it out myself, if I do, I will write another post) Sapo, for you to change the death spawn point when you've died in the Pyramid Event, to the viewing platform, then I would greatly appreciate that, because that has caused many problems within the events that I have held, with trying to get people to stop coming back into the matches that they should only have one life for.

Thank you again, and it's good to be back on the server once more, I've noticed that the server IS dying with those that are online, and that is truly a shame for me to see.

Take care all, and I will be on more often if I possibly can.
    Your Friendly Admin
    HeavensAngel
    Note Griefers will be drawn and quartered

Sincerely your Admin,
    HeavensAngel

You can't beat Minecraft!

Multigaming community creator and leader! Clan Tri Force, visit us at http://www.triforceclan.com/
    or join us on our Teamspeak 3 server at:
    clantriforce.kicks-ass.org:9999
    password: Tri-Force

Gaming has been a great way to get to know people. That's part of what I love about games, that they are social.

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Dwarf in the Playground

1. So I've tried to make it so that when people die in the pyramid event, that they spawn back in the viewing platform. No matter how much I tried, changing the world spawn point, or making a region, and creating that spawn point, I had Phhase help me, and he kept spawning in his bed in a different world. Any idea how to fix it? Sapo, please let me know if you get a chance to come online and fix it for me. Thank you!

1. The next thing I managed to do was, I created a region over the entire pyramid bedrock region, and I made it so that NO COMMANDS are usable, that means, that if you ever want to leave the region, you need someone who can get you out of there, by force, ie. Admin. So I will put a sign outside of the portal, saying that if you go into the pyramid event alone, you will be stuck inside, unless there is an Admin online to help you.

1. The next thing that I had done while tinkering with the things in the world, I found out that the world difficulty had been set on Easy, even though I had asked for it to be set on HARD. I changed that, so now the difficulty is correctly set to HARD, so those of you who had played in the event before, will find that the challenge to survive has greatly increased. Thank you again, and I will continue posting in the future if I have time to do so.

Sincerely your Admin,
    HeavensAngel

Multigaming community creator and leader! Clan Tri Force, visit us at http://www.triforceclan.com/

Gaming has been a great way to get to know people. That's part of what I love about games, that they are social.

13. - Top - End - #1093

Quote Originally Posted by Saposhiente View Post
    What are the co-ords of a chest you own?
    x = -758.3
    y = 63
    z = 998
    World : Release
    awesome avatar made by Trazoi
    Totem Cleric:A divine fighter that uses a totem which empowers him.

I will not have as much acces to a computer so I will not post as much.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HeavensAngel View Post
    Thank you again, and it's good to be back on the server once more, I've noticed that the server IS dying with those that are online, and that is truly a shame for me to see.
    All things fade, all things pass. It's not dead yet, though.
    LGBTA+itP

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Ogre in the Playground

That's because everyone is in the future playing on my The Dead Linger server
    Artifical intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerd View Post
    Strike me down and I'll clean the floor faster than you can imagine

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    That's because everyone is in the future playing on my The Dead Linger server
    Sorry to say Maxios, but I wouldn't play on your server, there's so much that I have committed to this server already, it'd be impossible for me to simply leave it and never go back to it, and I think you should take that into account as well before starting a server where I can bet, you and perhaps one other person during the day will be on.

Sincerely your Admin,
    HeavensAngel

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Troll in the Playground

Tonight on Server Wars . . .
    Jessica must decide which Server has betrayed her.
    And one person will leave Minecraft Forever.
    Last edited by Forbiddenwar; 2012-09-05 at 09:33 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1098

Sorry to say Maxios, but I wouldn't play on your server, there's so much that I have committed to this server already, it'd be impossible for me to simply leave it and never go back to it.
    Pretty much the same with me =)
    Phhase he played four
    Give a dog a bone

Show

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Titan in the Playground

MultiMC4.0 is out! VASTLY upgraded with even MORE cool toys, including:

* Instance handling, have as many instances as you like, each one having a different mod loadout and even different MC versions!

* Easy downgradibility, courtesy of MCNostalgia team, the Downgrade option is built into MMC4. Continue playing 1.2.5 modded while 1.3.2 is currently out.

* Drag n Drop mod selection. Makes it super easy to decide which mods to run with per instance. This is about as User Friendly as you can get.

* Debug window runs in the background, so if something does bork up, you can copy and paste to give people the info they need to help you fix it. No more having to find that file and look it up after the fact.

* Export Config Pack! ZOMG! This completely obsoletes Mod Packs! Basically, it copies all the .cfg files so everyone's ID's are identical for server play, at a *FRACTION* of the size of a traditional mod pack, to say nothing of the dubious practice of sharing .minecraft folders. It even tells you what mods, and what versions of the mods, you need, if you don't have them. It'll even automatically check your MultiMC/mods folder to see if you already have them, and *AUTOMATICALLY* include them with the correct .cfg file, making the creation of a server instance a SNAP!

* Under the Advanced Settings tab, there's an option to change the amount of RAM that Minecraft is allocated. Defaults are 512MB min and 1GB max, but you can change these figures around (although it will throw an error if your 'max' is lower than your 'min', of course).

* No, it won't work with MC Patcher, but Optifine works just fine, and can be used to load HD textures, as well as tweak your performance to your precise specifications.

* It is explicitly non-compatible with Technic Launcher. Of course, it also makes Technic obsolete, since it does literally everything Technic does except steal other people's Intellectual Property. With fewer bugs.

Check out DireWolf20's Mod Spotlight on it here!

If you enjoy playing with mods, I cannot suggest strongly enough to at least check out the video.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    * Debug window runs in the background, so if something does bork up, you can copy and paste to give people the info they need to help you fix it. No more having to find that file and look it up after the fact.
    Speaking of that, I got an error having to do with this guy.

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Firbolg in the Playground

The Grand Railway Tunnel was progressing ever so well until all production ground to a halt... the obstacle in the way was undiggable

Damm Turtle...
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon-freak89 View Post
    What, did you install a mod with a Mass Spectrometer in it? Can't help ya there, bud, without an actual log.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Dwarf in the Playground

I doubt that anyone is trying to get onto the server right now, but I did noticed that it was down while I was taking a break after my first class of the day and was waiting before I left to go to my second class. I am not sure if I am even able to fix it, I can't seem to get into MyMcAdmin, so... it seems like I am unable to. Sapo, I havent seen you post on the forum in a while, you didn't die did you?

ALSO!
    I believe that I will STILL be hosting the Survival Pyramid Event TOMORROW, Saturday, September 08 2012. I would be so excited it as many people as possible came that day, and were on possibly during the afternoon around... 2 PM. I will do my best to be on at that time, seeing as how I don't have any classes, and none of you should either. So I will see you then, have a great Friday!

Sincerely,
    Your Admin
    HeavensAngel
    Last edited by HeavensAngel; 2012-09-07 at 09:00 AM.

Sincerely your Admin,
    HeavensAngel

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon-freak89 View Post
    Wait, I got it!

Okay, what you tried to do was install IDResolver without first installing GUI-API into the .jar. ShaRose has a sense of humor, it seems.

First, install GUIAPI (linked from the IDResolver page), then the Forge Patch, THEN IDResolver. So, in your .jar, the exact order should be:

1: Forge .171
    2: GUIAPI
    3: IDR_FORGE_PATCH
    4: IDResolver
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Troll in the Playground

I would be so excited it as many people as possible came that day, and were on possibly during the afternoon around... 2 PM.
    GMT? PST? Tokyo? The Moon? On this forum 2pm is not exactly a good time to state without qualifying it.

Edit: Found another way for minecraft to challenge me. Minecraft pocket on the smallest phone possible. Now with skeletons and creepers.
    Last edited by Forbiddenwar; 2012-09-07 at 11:34 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

* It is explicitly non-compatible with Technic Launcher. Of course, it also makes Technic obsolete, since it does literally everything Technic does except steal other people's Intellectual Property. With fewer bugs.
    In what way does technic steal anything? Also Technic is to easily load a mod pack without having to download each mod, if you think this constitutes stealing please learn the meaning. Pretty sure they got permission for each mod.

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by wiimanclassic View Post
    Pretty sure they got permission for each mod.
    No. No they didn't. And that is why it is called stealing.

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by wiimanclassic View Post
    In what way does technic steal anything?
    By not getting permission from all the mod authors.
    Also Technic is to easily load a mod pack without having to download each mod, if you think this constitutes stealing please learn the meaning.
    MultiMC is an easy to load launcher that lets you pick and chose precisely which mods you want to play with, rather than getting stuck with a pack. And oh no, you have to go to the mod author's website, spend twenty seconds downloading the mod (once per version, save it to your computer) which is a financial contribution to the mod author at no cost to you. How ever shall you live? Perish the thought of actually supporting the mod authors rather than the guys who jack someone else's code, package it all pretty, bork up the code in the process, and insult the mod authors
    Pretty sure they got permission for each mod.
    Pretty sure they don't.

Krapht (Logistics Pipes and current maintainer of Buildcraft), Alkabaine (IC2), Elloram (RP2) have all spoken out against Technic. Yet their mods remain. The only reason SirSengir (Forestry) isn't in there anymore is that he got fed up with it and coded his mod to explicitly not work with the Technic launcher, so they finally removed it.

They gain financially from someone else's work. Sounds like stealing to me.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Ettin in the Playground

By not getting permission from all the mod authors. MultiMC is an easy to load launcher that lets you pick and chose precisely which mods you want to play with, rather than getting stuck with a pack. And oh no, you have to go to the mod author's website, spend twenty seconds downloading the mod (once per version, save it to your computer) which is a financial contribution to the mod author at no cost to you. How ever shall you live? Perish the thought of actually supporting the mod authors rather than the guys who jack someone else's code, package it all pretty, bork up the code in the process, and insult the mod authors Pretty sure they don't.

Krapht (Logistics Pipes and current maintainer of Buildcraft), Alkabaine (IC2), Elloram (RP2) have all spoken out against Technic. Yet their mods remain. The only reason SirSengir (Forestry) isn't in there anymore is that he got fed up with it and coded his mod to explicitly not work with the Technic launcher, so they finally removed it.

They gain financially from someone else's work. Sounds like stealing to me.
    ITS JUST A MOD FOR A GAME!, how is it wrong that they took them without asking?, It's just a mod for a game, the mod creaters need to relax.
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-09-07 at 05:06 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Ettin in the Playground

Calling it "stealing" is inaccurate. Their mods are open-source, and that means they can be used for anything. If they have a problem with their open-source products being used for something, then maybe they shouldn't have made them open-source.
    Excellent avatar by Elder Tsofu.