New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Girl Genius XIV: A Lightning Arc in All But Speed!

Segways deserve nothing less.
    The Lazy GM series. Lovingly crafted pre-gen monsters for Pathfinder and OGL d20 fantasy.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Poor Acid Squirrels.
    Here's to hoping at least the guys on the Acid Squirrels survive. Such creative names do not deserve off screen deaths.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by eee View Post
    The airship that crashed in Mechanicsburg - the one that the Weasel Patrol hijacked - retained its shape on the ground, so that would suggest a rigid frame craft, not a blimp. If that was a standard airship, then they should all be the same.
    (It might also suggest the Folgios know and care nothing about engeneering and go with whatever looks cool )
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2013-02-15 at 05:37 AM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

4. - Top - End - #304
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BannedInSchool View Post
    Is there hard evidence or direct mention that they're blimps and not dirigibles?

[Because having a dirigible named after you would be TOTALLY different. ]
    Actually, I believe they've been referred to as dirigibles several times. At the very least I remember someone mentioning a dirigible of doom.
    If you're a Brandon Sanderson fan (or you want to start being one), check out The Sanderlanche podcast!

5. - Top - End - #305
    Bugbear in the Playground

What's the difference between an airship, a blimp and a dirigible?
    Guess what spell I cast before posting this message.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by petersohn View Post
    What's the difference between an airship, a blimp and a dirigible?
    Blimps and Dirigibles are both forms of Airships. A Blimp is a gas bag without any rigid structures, its shape is held by only the pressure of the internal gas, while a Dirigible has a rigid structure of metal and/or wood struts throughout, and the gas bags are held in place by the structure.
    I have my own TV show featuring local musicians performing live. YouTube page with full episodes and outtake clips here.
    I also have another YouTube page with local live music clips I've filmed on my own.
    Then there is my gaming YouTube page with Kerbal Space Program, Minecraft, and others.
    Finally, I stream on Twitch, mostly Kerbal Space Program and Minecraft.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jimor View Post
    Blimps and Dirigibles are both forms of Airships. A Blimp is a gas bag without any rigid structures, its shape is held by only the pressure of the internal gas, while a Dirigible has a rigid structure of metal and/or wood struts throughout, and the gas bags are held in place by the structure.
    Even more complicated; not only does a dirigible have a "stiff" outer shell, but the gas is not just floating around in there; there are separate gas baloons inside the shell, so you can walk around between them and look for damages etc.
    Last edited by Avilan the Grey; 2013-02-15 at 06:51 AM.
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

8. - Top - End - #308
    Troll in the Playground

Woo hoo. Der Kestle is feeling its oats right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Here's to hoping at least the guys on the Acid Squirrels survive. Such creative names do not deserve off screen deaths.
    I doubt they'd be much happier with an on-screen death... (Is that She-go from Kim Possible on the "Let's Fight" scooter?)

While all this is fun from a mayhem point of view, I can't help but remember these are Klaus' forces being trashed here. Right now they're the enemies because they're attacking Mechanicsburg, and there ARE bad apples among them. But many of these folks have been the ones keeping Europa from burning through civil war...

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

These types of updates really don't fit a 3x-a-week webcomic very much.

My 100% original pixelart fantasy webcomic, Hero oh Hero.

Webcomic discussion thread: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...7-Hero-Oh-Hero

10. - Top - End - #310

DrowGirl

I always find it's nice to take a breather and read back through the archive when feeling like that.

Or grab the novel. Girlfriend just got it for me and it's snazzy

11. - Top - End - #311
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by eee View Post
    While all this is fun from a mayhem point of view, I can't help but remember these are Klaus' forces being trashed here. Right now they're the enemies because they're attacking Mechanicsburg, and there ARE bad apples among them. But many of these folks have been the ones keeping Europa from burning through civil war...
    It's also worth remembering that this is Agatha on the other side, so I do think that where it's feasible she'll be having the Castle take captives and accept surrenders. (And a lot of Klaus's army has already done the "Get defeated, accept offer of employment from the victor" thing.) She may wind up with rather a lot of prisoners that way.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone_Kore View Post
    It's also worth remembering that this is Agatha on the other side, so I do think that where it's feasible she'll be having the Castle take captives and accept surrenders. (And a lot of Klaus's army has already done the "Get defeated, accept offer of employment from the victor" thing.) She may wind up with rather a lot of prisoners that way.
    It makes sense from a psychological point of view as well. We have already established that this world revolves around the spark. Minions and sparks will pretty much always follow the strongest spark. Klaus beats them, so he is clearly stronger, we will follow him, oh wait, agatha beat klaus, or at least held him off, lets follow her!
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

13. - Top - End - #313
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    It makes sense from a psychological point of view as well. We have already established that this world revolves around the spark. Minions and sparks will pretty much always follow the strongest spark. Klaus beats them, so he is clearly stronger, we will follow him, oh wait, agatha beat klaus, or at least held him off, lets follow her!
    Not to mention, Agatha beat him once already (that would be the "SHOWTIME!" incident), only no one knew about it. Thus proving to the audience (if not Europa at large) that a) Klaus is not indefatigable, and b) that Agatha can do it with the proper motivation (and, perhaps, enough of a surprise round).
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

14. - Top - End - #314

I'd just like to say that I wholeheartedly ship Gil/Agatha.

Agatha will at some point get Lucrezia out of her head, marry Gil, and they will inherit the Wulfenbach Empire, make its new captial Castle Heterodyne, and rule Europa in Sparking glory. This I predict from the madness place.
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ReaderAt2046 View Post
    I'd just like to say that I wholeheartedly ship Gil/Agatha.

Agatha will at some point get Lucrezia out of her head, marry Gil, and they will inherit the Wulfenbach Empire, make its new captial Castle Heterodyne, and rule Europa in Sparking glory. This I predict from the madness place.
    See, I expect that between Tarvek and Gil, one will get the girl, and the other will get the throne. And honestly, I think Tarvek is the only person other than Gil who could keep the throne after Klaus dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    See, I expect that between Tarvek and Gil, one will get the girl, and the other will get the throne. And honestly, I think Tarvek is the only person other than Gil who could keep the throne after Klaus dies.
    Or they could become a Triumvirate between the Wulfenbach Empire, the Heterodyne Empire, and the Storm Kingdom.
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    Or they could become a Triumvirate between the Wulfenbach Empire, the Heterodyne Empire, and the Storm Kingdom.
    Yeah. I think this would be a very real possibility, with the three of them dividing up Europa amongst themselves. I suspect Agatha would limit her "Heterodyne Empire" to merely Mechanicsburg and its environs.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Yeah. I think this would be a very real possibility, with the three of them dividing up Europa amongst themselves. I suspect Agatha would limit her "Heterodyne Empire" to merely Mechanicsburg and its environs.
    How large of an "environs" are we talking about? Seriously tho, I'm fairly certain Agatha will be reasonable in that regard.

19. - Top - End - #319

Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    How large of an "environs" are we talking about? Seriously tho, I'm fairly certain Agatha will be reasonable in that regard.
    Just don't forget that Sturmhalten is pretty close to Mechanicsburg. Of course, Tarvek could choose another capital for himself.

For that matter, do we know what was the geopolitical situation of Europa before the Other's attack? As far as I know, right now most of the lands are controlled by the Wulfenbach Empire, except for England and a few others such as Paris. Before that, there were many warring fractions. The Heterodynes controlled Mechanicsburg, but how big was their real area of influence? The Storm King's kingdom was far gone, but how much territory did Sturmhalten control? As for Wulfenbach, he was a relatively minor noble so his conquest really came out of nowhere.

20. - Top - End - #320

See, I'm thinking that when Gil and Agatha marry, that will merge whatever remains of the old Heterodyne lands with the Wulfenbach Empire (though I suspect it has already abosorbed them). So Heterodyne and Wulfenbach will be one kingdom, ruled by the two out of Mechanicsburg.
    As for Tarvek, I suspect he will end up becoming Storm King, reclaiming a big chunk of his old land, and maybe marrying Violeta or the Green-Haired Princess. (The Storm/Heterodyne prophecy can be fulfilled by one of Gil/Agatha's children marrying one of Tarvek's).
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

21. - Top - End - #321

Violetta is Tarvek's cousin and Zeetha already has a love interest (although whatever may yet happen to Higgs).

22. - Top - End - #322

BarbarianGuy

Violetta is Tarvek's cousin and Zeetha already has a love interest (although whatever may yet happen to Higgs).
    Nothing happens to Higgs. Higgs happens to things!

23. - Top - End - #323

Just don't forget that Sturmhalten is pretty close to Mechanicsburg. Of course, Tarvek could choose another capital for himself.

For that matter, do we know what was the geopolitical situation of Europa before the Other's attack? As far as I know, right now most of the lands are controlled by the Wulfenbach Empire, except for England and a few others such as Paris. Before that, there were many warring fractions. The Heterodynes controlled Mechanicsburg, but how big was their real area of influence? The Storm King's kingdom was far gone, but how much territory did Sturmhalten control? As for Wulfenbach, he was a relatively minor noble so his conquest really came out of nowhere.

The Heterodynes power waxed and waned. They have won, lost, and won again. The source of their power is they have NEVER lost their stronghold of mechanicsburg. They never really had empires as such, they were mainly marauders who who pillage anyone that didnt pay them tribute. At least, thats the impression I have gotten from the comics. This also excludes the heterodyne boys. The first generation of "good" heterodynes. Thats why back when the bell rang and the elders were saying things like, "2 minutes without killing someone! A NEW RECORD!" Because before the boys, the heterodynes had been mass murdering lunatics obsessed with science and conquest.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

24. - Top - End - #324

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten that Vi and Tar were related. Whoops!

Lego Ergo Sum

25. - Top - End - #325
    Troll in the Playground

Violetta is Tarvek's cousin.
    Like that ever stopped European monarchs before.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

26. - Top - End - #326

Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    Like that ever stopped European monarchs before.
    How about Violetta is about 6 seconds away from being Tarveks Vole. Someone tarvek keeps around because she is always trying to kill him?

27. - Top - End - #327
    Troll in the Playground

How about Violetta is about 6 seconds away from being Tarveks Vole. Someone tarvek keeps around because she is always trying to kill him?
    Except she has been doing just the opposite?
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #328

Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    Except she has been doing just the opposite?
    Yeah, but she REALLY wants to kill him. Eventually she will snap.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, but she REALLY wants to kill him. Eventually she will snap.
    She's a type A tsundere, murder is her primary setting
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #330
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by stsasser View Post
    Nothing happens to Higgs. Higgs happens to things!
    Can I sig this?
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.