New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Might be that it is the first generation quirk, and all the quirks that everyone else thinks are first generation are actually the second generation of quirks. It's gone through 8 different bearers and Deku's part of the 3rd or 4th generation born since quirks were discovered, IIRC.

Of course, what that means for chronology depends a lot upon how tough the previous bearers of One for All were and just what sort of mojo that guy that mortaly wounded All Might was packing to be able to do that.

Spoiler: Re: Bakugou's being a punkass ass
    Show
    so happy when I caught up and that was why he ended up getting picked by Jeanist, precisely to reform him.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'd honestly argue that the amount of hosts of One For All, in such a short span of time, is emblematic of how the people with this power basically grind themselves into dust.

I'm excited to see what a man who's power is that he's made of jeans can do against Bakugou. I'm guessing on what Best Jeanist's power is, mind you.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler: Chapter 54
    Show

Stain continues to push forwards with his plan to kill Tenya and whats-his-face!

He's really reminding me of Aizawa, only in that he's a type of battler that rushes opponents to get his Quirk in play, then simply does his business and moves on. But where Aizawa trained to deal with groups, Stain seems more suited towards small skirmishes with single opponents, or at the very least, to ambush all of them at the same time. With the added time from both Deku and Todoroki showing up, Stain is now in a pickle because this is not how battles work for him usually.

But at the same time, these three are getting pretty beat-up and only managing a few hits on the Hero Killer.

Good chapter

3. - Top - End - #33

Quote Originally Posted by Merellis View Post
    Spoiler: Chapter 54
    Show

Stain continues to push forwards with his plan to kill Tenya and whats-his-face!

He's really reminding me of Aizawa, only in that he's a type of battler that rushes opponents to get his Quirk in play, then simply does his business and moves on. But where Aizawa trained to deal with groups, Stain seems more suited towards small skirmishes with single opponents, or at the very least, to ambush all of them at the same time. With the added time from both Deku and Todoroki showing up, Stain is now in a pickle because this is not how battles work for him usually.

But at the same time, these three are getting pretty beat-up and only managing a few hits on the Hero Killer.

Good chapter
    Spoiler
    Show

What this entire fight has done is show that as talented and naturally gifted and as powerful as our heroes are they're still literally children and this is a mass murderer with practice. Even at their best he's still giving them a rough show and it's wonderful because you'd expect a guy who kills pro heroes routinely to be this good.

This entire chapter was really really great. This series is great but this fight specifically is pretty damn awesome.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Three things I really liked in this chapter

Spoiler
    Show
    First, Tenya's brother is pretty cool. Often you get in these situations where a single character becomes their entire hat for the rest of their family which isn't wrong per say - in the way whole societies become absurdly homogenized around one popular character from it - but still creatively simplistic. I had assumed much of his character was going to be mimicking his brother and father just based on fictional tropes. We saw his sister I believe, but she didn't get much page-presence.

The other, I loved how Todoroki countered Stain's position as "fundamentalism" and "anachronistic", that speaks so much to the world they're living in. Assuming Horikoshi Kouhei has some appreciation for the history of American superhero comics, this feels like the Silver Age-esque heroic mentality/ideology existed as the standard for heroes at some earlier point in their chronology that has since taken a more "whatever, it's just a paycheck" mentality as time marched on. Now Stain, who's as Dark Age as Dark Age can be short of being drawn horribly by Rob Liedfeld and having his name being spelled "Stayn" pointlessly (though it might be intended to be, who knows?) is killing Modern Age superheroes for not reaching or embracing the supposed perfect ideals of his Silver Age idols. That's clever in a way I wouldn't expect from a Japanese manga in 2015, without being annoyingly meta-textual in the way American comics often are when they get cute with this stuff.

Lastly, I really like how Tenya resolved his mechanical difficulties by using Todoroki's abilities. Nothing more to be said, it's the less linear use of superpowers that I generally appreciate.

5. - Top - End - #35

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Champion View Post
    Three things I really liked in this chapter

Spoiler
    Show
    First, Tenya's brother is pretty cool. Often you get in these situations where a single character becomes their entire hat for the rest of their family which isn't wrong per say - in the way whole societies become absurdly homogenized around one popular character from it - but still creatively simplistic. I had assumed much of his character was going to be mimicking his brother and father just based on fictional tropes. We saw his sister I believe, but she didn't get much page-presence.

The other, I loved how Todoroki countered Stain's position as "fundamentalism" and "anachronistic", that speaks so much to the world they're living in. Assuming Horikoshi Kouhei has some appreciation for the history of American superhero comics, this feels like the Silver Age-esque heroic mentality/ideology existed as the standard for heroes at some earlier point in their chronology that has since taken a more "whatever, it's just a paycheck" mentality as time marched on. Now Stain, who's as Dark Age as Dark Age can be short of being drawn horribly by Rob Liedfeld and having his name being spelled "Stayn" pointlessly (though it might be intended to be, who knows?) is killing Modern Age superheroes for not reaching or embracing the supposed perfect ideals of his Silver Age idols. That's clever in a way I wouldn't expect from a Japanese manga in 2015, without being annoyingly meta-textual in the way American comics often are when they get cute with this stuff.

Lastly, I really like how Tenya resolved his mechanical difficulties by using Todoroki's abilities. Nothing more to be said, it's the less linear use of superpowers that I generally appreciate.
    Spoiler
    Show

Considering that Stain looks the way he does, like a Liefeld character covered in knives and spikes and who knows what else, and yet due to his power caring about any amount of blood thus meaning that his design MAKES SENSE (what better way to draw blood then to be covered in knives and spkes) I think Horikoshi knows exactly what he's doing when he made Stain. He is everything you're saying you think he is intended to be, and I love it. I'm also fairly certain Horikoshi knows a lot about western comic books based purely on what All Might's buff form looks like. It looks like something that could only come about from pouring over western comic books and seeing what makes a character in that art style really pop/flare.

Boku no Hero is probably the best thing to happen to western comics and their themes in a long time. A big reason why America comic books tend to get heavy handed in the way they present that stuff is because of all the editorial mandate and stuff. In manga, that's far less common, and the editor that is involved tends to be friends with the mangaka and acts with a measured hand. The mangaka is the creator, and except for some REALLY bad examples like Negimi, they have the final say. Compare to American comic books which are an utter mess of writers and editors fighting over who gets to decide what Batman says. It's why I don't really LIKE regular comic books.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Considering that Stain looks the way he does, like a Liefeld character covered in knives and spikes and who knows what else, and yet due to his power caring about any amount of blood thus meaning that his design MAKES SENSE (what better way to draw blood then to be covered in knives and spkes) I think Horikoshi knows exactly what he's doing when he made Stain. He is everything you're saying you think he is intended to be, and I love it. I'm also fairly certain Horikoshi knows a lot about western comic books based purely on what All Might's buff form looks like. It looks like something that could only come about from pouring over western comic books and seeing what makes a character in that art style really pop/flare.

Boku no Hero is probably the best thing to happen to western comics and their themes in a long time. A big reason why America comic books tend to get heavy handed in the way they present that stuff is because of all the editorial mandate and stuff. In manga, that's far less common, and the editor that is involved tends to be friends with the mangaka and acts with a measured hand. The mangaka is the creator, and except for some REALLY bad examples like Negimi, they have the final say. Compare to American comic books which are an utter mess of writers and editors fighting over who gets to decide what Batman says. It's why I don't really LIKE regular comic books.
    I've always thought All Might looks like Captain Falcon. Horikoshi is really talented at using heavy-inking, it gives his characters a sort of solidity that otherwise would require colouring, which is clearly the effect he's going for.

I've always preferred manga to western mainstream comics myself because how much of the latter has become glorified fanfiction which the writer may-or-may-not be even interested in doing in the first place while waiting to publish their own creator-owned project, whereas with the former the manga-ka have such boundlessness and capacity to really reach the limits of their imagination and skill... for better or worse... coming from a society where their comics are significantly more ubiquitous and have evolved a much, much bigger box. That's something only American tndie comics have only begun to touch upon to generally smaller markets, that and an insignificant minority of mainstream works which got insanely lucky to be given a free pass to do whatever.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, Stain's design fits right into what his powers are.

Love how a lot of them have costume and theme designs that are generally useful. Stain with his weapons and spikes all over the place, Aizawa's long hair and slotted glasses to hide his gaze, Bakugou's friggin' gauntlets that let him up the power of his explosions, even Tsuyu's is made for her specialty with underwater use.

I do like how the kids here are doing their damndest to deal with Stain, and seem to be barely pulling through by the skin of their teeth. Even at a disadvantage in numbers and intelligence, Stain still keeps giving them hit after hit.

8. - Top - End - #38

NecromancerGuy

I've always thought All Might looks like Captain Falcon. Horikoshi is really talented at using heavy-inking, it gives his characters a sort of solidity that otherwise would require colouring, which is clearly the effect he's going for.
    Yes. I've really enjoyed that solidity, and it's been quite novel since I haven't really encountered it to this extent anywhere else before if at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

9. - Top - End - #39

New Chapter!
    Spoiler
    Show

We learn Gran Torino's quirk! Dude's got jet boots powered by his own breath. That's...a really cool way to have super speed. I like it. He crushes the Noumo pretty soundly. Endeavor also sends Gran Torino to save the kids instead of doing it himself, it appears. What a cocky guy.

Not that it's needed because holy **** they actually beat Stain! That's really impressive. Less impressive is that it seems that, as good as Endeavor is, he wasn't able to stop the flying Noumu. It's seen better days, though. And it's captured Deku, oh no!

...and then...then he is saved by Stain. ALL THAT I DO...IS FOR A JUST WORLD!

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I feel like this is a set-up for a transition to a flashback chapter(s) for Stain. It's really cool anyways.

Also, I find it kind of neat that Endeavour's assistants are called Sidekicks. It points to this interesting merger this world has of the corporate/workplace and Superhero tropes. Sidekicks aren't some similarly themed younger character with this dramatic connection to their hero, they're employees or interns.

11. - Top - End - #41

Spoiler
    Show
    I feel like this is a set-up for a transition to a flashback chapter(s) for Stain. It's really cool anyways.

Also, I find it kind of neat that Endeavour's assistants are called Sidekicks. It points to this interesting merger this world has of the corporate/workplace and Superhero tropes. Sidekicks aren't some similarly themed younger character with this dramatic connection to their hero, they're employees or interns.
    Spoiler
    Show

Yeah, the way that even adults can be side kicks is pretty great. It helps flesh out the world a bit and show just how much these super powers have changed the world.

I don't think we'll get a Stain flashback story, but I do think we'll learn about him. Honestly considering his hate of Handface, it's entirely possible that Stain might be a (very very rare) erstwhile friend before going to jail.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

So, a new chapter...

Spoiler
    Show
    Kind of reminds me One Punch Man - the whole actual hero does everything but accolades conveniently goes to the marketable established heroes who did next to nothing. Though it does make a sad sort of sense that they'd prioritize peace and order over more the appearance of cowboy justice in this world, which this easily could be perceived as from an objective standpoint.

Also, dog-guy.

13. - Top - End - #43

So, a new chapter...

Spoiler
    Show
    Kind of reminds me One Punch Man - the whole actual hero does everything but accolades conveniently goes to the marketable established heroes who did next to nothing. Though it does make a sad sort of sense that they'd prioritize peace and order over more the appearance of cowboy justice in this world, which this easily could be perceived as from an objective standpoint.

Also, dog-guy.

Spoiler
    Show
    Truth be told this is a case where it makes perfect sense. I actually really like it, and love how it all played out. Even Dog McFaceman's puns.

That being said, as cool as it all is...I want to know what's up with Stain. Like holy ****, I feel like we're supposed to gather from this that Gran Torio and Endeavor know who he is, and that they're about as horrified as the kids, and all of us, are. Especially given how psychotic Stain got near the end. Hooooly ****.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: new chapter
    Show

My reading of it were that Grand Torino and Endevor were just as much paralysed by the sudden surge of bloodlust as everyone else, and that was it.

Though dammit i though that dogface were dumb. Both to look at and to listen to.
    And it really aannoyed me as well how stupidly everything had to be sweeped in under the carpet.
    When someone is about to violently murder another person with a knife, then you dont begin to bitch about how the heroes in question were still in training, especially not when the serial murderer they took down were so impossibly hard to keep down, and more or less immune to pain.
    I am also really glad Todoroki called him out on that bull**** though...

thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

15. - Top - End - #45

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Show

My reading of it were that Grand Torino and Endevor were just as much paralysed by the sudden surge of bloodlust as everyone else, and that was it.

Though dammit i though that dogface were dumb. Both to look at and to listen to.
    And it really aannoyed me as well how stupidly everything had to be sweeped in under the carpet.
    When someone is about to violently murder another person with a knife, then you dont begin to bitch about how the heroes in question were still in training, especially not when the serial murderer they took down were so impossibly hard to keep down, and more or less immune to pain.
    I am also really glad Todoroki called him out on that bull**** though...

Spoiler
    Show

I actually quite like Police Chief McFace. It's meant to call back to Private Investigator Cat from a couple arcs ago. A PI Cat and Police Chief Dog. It's a cute little joke. I also like puns so you know. For what it's worth it's clear even he hates that he has to do it, but he DOES have to. It makes sense in universe.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Alright.. the stupidity of the situation just makes me want to foam at the mouth now..
    Some students come across a killer in action, intervene to safe a couple of lives, and now their mentors get hit by sanctions..?
    For being in the wrong place during a terrorism attack? im starting to agree with Stain about the number of people who needs to be stabbed..

On a side note then i really like how things were played by the villian alliance though, and it is really intriguing with the apperent Nemesis to One for All.

17. - Top - End - #47

Show
    Alright.. the stupidity of the situation just makes me want to foam at the mouth now..
    Some students come across a killer in action, intervene to safe a couple of lives, and now their mentors get hit by sanctions..?
    For being in the wrong place during a terrorism attack? im starting to agree with Stain about the number of people who needs to be stabbed..

On a side note then i really like how things were played by the villian alliance though, and it is really intriguing with the apperent Nemesis to One for All.
    Spoiler
    Show

Yo this kinda thing happens in real life too you know. It's meant to be kind of frustrating. That was the entire point of last chapter: Heroes must still work within the laws and sometimes those laws will make things difficult.

As for the rest of this chapter, it's REALLY good. We can already see that Stain's starting to infect even this very board with his ideology, for good or ill

I'm quite excited to see who the new villains are. That one lady who seems to have succubuss'd and smashed a dude's head in in particular. But yeah, all that aside, we've got a real revelation here. One For All has a dark counterpart, a Lex Luthor to his Superman. All For One.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Yo this kinda thing happens in real life too you know. It's meant to be kind of frustrating. That was the entire point of last chapter: Heroes must still work within the laws and sometimes those laws will make things difficult.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I agree, though the heroes getting censured makes more sense considering their charges very probably could have died in the encounter they rushed into. Regardless of the outcome and surrounding political circumstances, they did fail as supervisors.

Spoiler
    Show

As for the rest of this chapter, it's REALLY good. We can already see that Stain's starting to infect even this very board with his ideology, for good or ill

I'm quite excited to see who the new villains are. That one lady who seems to have succubuss'd and smashed a dude's head in in particular. But yeah, all that aside, we've got a real revelation here. One For All has a dark counterpart, a Lex Luthor to his Superman. All For One.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I particularly enjoyed the way it dealt with Stain, rather than some first-person backstory chapter - which I would have liked too, as I said - it was handled rather like a modern post-killing spree media spectacle. As a supervillain he's treated less like, say, the Joker, and more like a real-world serial killer/mass shooter with a small cult of personality around him that crazies are drawn to like - as the manga says - a bizarro version of All Might.

Also pretty neat to see theme continuing of the junior heroes facing the somewhat lacklustre and work-a-day lives of their mentors to get a grasp of the potential dissatisfaction with the somewhat inglorious existence of the modern hero. Though that in itself is just a symptom of the peace the system had brought about, in much the way the mythic Wild West vanished but the spirit it evokes lives on.

19. - Top - End - #49

New Chapter!
    Spoiler
    Show

Deku has a nice chat with Gran Torino, and we get some build up for what is clearly going to lead up to a flashback at some point soon. Awesome!

We also get to see some training of some of the minor league classmembers, as well as learn Ashido's power and also see how the training went with the other classmembers as well. Also, I just noticed that Sero's helmet looks like a tape dispenser.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Great allround quality of the new chapter, i think BNHA is the one that has been the mosty consistent so far of the currently running Shonen manga's i have seen.

And i do love how Deku both got to show off just a little bit, even though he eventually did lose anyway, but that just gave us another hilarious display of his obsessive personality :)

Also, i do look forward to the next chapter as well now, hopefully we will get All for One and One for All explained at least somewhat.

21. - Top - End - #51

Spoiler
    Show

Great allround quality of the new chapter, i think BNHA is the one that has been the mosty consistent so far of the currently running Shonen manga's i have seen.

And i do love how Deku both got to show off just a little bit, even though he eventually did lose anyway, but that just gave us another hilarious display of his obsessive personality :)

Also, i do look forward to the next chapter as well now, hopefully we will get All for One and One for All explained at least somewhat.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah I'm predicting we'll see a full on flashback arc that explains a lot. Maybe not all of it, but a lot.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Ashido's Thighs = Healthy
    Show

Ya'know, it's nice to see a school-based premise where the kids actually do school-based things. Rather than it fading into the background as I find it typically does, or that the Adults Are Idiots and criminally irresponsible while the kids experience constant mortal peril.

I love Deku geeking out over All Might's Golden Age costume. That's how everyone should react to Superman.

I don't remember Sero, nice to have a Spider-Man there though.

On a broader note, I can see this as the chapter where he reins in our expectations regarding Midoriya somewhat - pointing out that Stain wasn't going full strength against him and his control over One-For-All is still pretty tenuous.

Other than that, I like the reminder of Stain's influence in the cultural sphere, since it's going to be a driving force for the upcoming conflict and I just like when these arcs have a wider impact in the setting.
    Last edited by Kitten Champion; 2015-09-12 at 06:07 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53

Spoiler: Ashido's Thighs = Healthy
    Show

Ya'know, it's nice to see a school-based premise where the kids actually do school-based things. Rather than it fading into the background as I find it typically does, or that the Adults Are Idiots and criminally irresponsible while the kids experience constant mortal peril.

I love Deku geeking out over All Might's Golden Age costume. That's how everyone should react to Superman.

I don't remember Sero, nice to have a Spider-Man there though.

On a broader note, I can see this as the chapter where he reins in our expectations regarding Midoriya somewhat - pointing out that Stain wasn't going full strength against him and his control over One-For-All is still pretty tenuous.

Other than that, I like the reminder of Stain's influence in the cultural sphere, since it's going to be a driving force for the upcoming conflict and I just like when these arcs have a wider impact in the setting.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, very healthy thighs indeed

Yeah, this series IS called "My Hero Academy" so it's not a surprise we'd keep the school stuff going. Also yes, Deku is basically every comic book fan brought to life.

Sero has shown up a few time. His power is having cellophane tape dispensers in his arms.

That is something I really, really like about this series. Our protagonists may be quite skilled but it's made VERY clear that they are NOT on par with the adults. Stain was going easy on them because he wasn't planning on killing them, just hurting them. They don't have the best control over their powers (one could argue even Todoroki has issues, seeing as how he goes so overboard with some of the stuff he does). They are children who still need to learn, and through all of this the manga has never once lost that sense. I love it.

I'm actually really happy someone who is a hero mentioned he thought Stain was cool. Because he is. His methods, like Iida said, where wrong, but his ambition, his drive, and his end goal of making a better world ARE commendable. It's actually really depressing that he IS a villain, because he could of made such a good hero.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

That is something I really, really like about this series. Our protagonists may be quite skilled but it's made VERY clear that they are NOT on par with the adults... They are children who still need to learn, and through all of this the manga has never once lost that sense. I love it.
    Yeah, that's what I meant when I said using the school setting effectively. You start with the assumption that because it's a school your characters are allowed to make mistakes, lose, express weakness, grow, evolve, and change as people -- while their teachers are presumed to be more powerful and knowledgeable than they because why wouldn't they be? However, in many series I've seen or read, they seem to ignore that because there's a certain desire - especially in shounen - to embellish the skills of the protagonist(s) too much to the point that the setting seems arbitrary, existing simply because you need a place for these characters to be. It throws the power-curve out of whack and suddenly it's just about watching the protagonist doing cool things rather than growing physically and mentally.

25. - Top - End - #55

Yeah, that's what I meant when I said using the school setting effectively. You start with the assumption that because it's a school your characters are allowed to make mistakes, lose, express weakness, grow, evolve, and change as people -- while their teachers are presumed to be more powerful and knowledgeable than they because why wouldn't they be? However, in many series I've seen or read, they seem to ignore that because there's a certain desire - especially in shounen - to embellish the skills of the protagonist(s) too much to the point that the setting seems arbitrary, existing simply because you need a place for these characters to be. It throws the power-curve out of whack and suddenly it's just about watching the protagonist doing cool things rather than growing physically and mentally.
    If we assume that Stain is our Zabuza, Boku no Hero Academy is Naruto done right. They both have the same "basic premise" of "kids are being taught to do pretty dangerous stuff." but while Naruto is about child soldiers, which eventually devolved into chosen one nonsense and god powers, I don't think Boku no Hero will get to that level. It's a very reasonably plotted out Shonen, I think.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

So, new chapter

Spoiler: Jirou's Jacks = Hot
    Show

Hey, he addressed the "Wouldn't Stain get One For All by drinking Midoriya's blood?" issue directly, I assumed it would be something like requiring intent to work but I just assumed it was covered at some point in the early chapters which are all kind of hazy. Still, good continuity there, and it's interesting that he specified while it couldn't be taken against one's will it could be passed involuntarily.

Secondly, Big Bad appears. Melty Face! If I'm following the explanation right, he's like Sylar from Heroes. Which is a suitable Big Bad, particularly for a Shounen Manga where no doubt team work will be necessary to ultimately thwart him.

There's a trajectory here for the rest of the manga, and doing it so early as the 59th chapter is something I truly appreciate. True there was always "become a great superhero" and corollary to that "graduate from Hero Academy" as a character arc, but this gives us a definite picture of what that means for the story.

Looking forward to the next story arc.

27. - Top - End - #57

So, new chapter

Show

Hey, he addressed the "Wouldn't Stain get One For All by drinking Midoriya's blood?" issue directly, I assumed it would be something like requiring intent to work but I just assumed it was covered at some point in the early chapters which are all kind of hazy. Still, good continuity there, and it's interesting that he specified while it couldn't be taken against one's will it could be passed involuntarily.

Secondly, Big Bad appears. Melty Face! If I'm following the explanation right, he's like Sylar from Heroes. Which is a suitable Big Bad, particularly for a Shounen Manga where no doubt team work will be necessary to ultimately thwart him.

There's a trajectory here for the rest of the manga, and doing it so early as the 59th chapter is something I truly appreciate. True there was always "become a great superhero" and corollary to that "graduate from Hero Academy" as a character arc, but this gives us a definite picture of what that means for the story.

Spoiler
    Show
    Less melty face and more "that's all scar tissue". When All Might expressed surprise at him surviving his wounds, he WASN'T KIDDING. Also yes, he'll probably end up having to be taken on all at once to really deal with him.

This guy, All For One, is definitely the main villain. I'm actually not sure if they'll end up fighting him truth be told, since he plans to give Handface all his powers, it seems like. But it'll be interesting to see regardless. I actually really like the whole "Justice is born in the bowels of evil" thing, and how his brother had the power to "give his power to people". Mixed with the power of "storing power bit by bit" it becomes One For All, and is thus awesome as heck. Though that makes me wonder...it says storing power bit by bit. That means that, for as long as One For All is in use, it's going to get stronger more and more as it goes. So like, Deku will end up even stronger then All Might eventually, assuming he survives. I like that, because not only is Deku trying to be stronger, his power has a reasonable explanation for why it will be. It's a passed torch that gets brighter.

One other thing to note. All Might's attempt to tell Deku the truth...hit pretty close to home. There are truths you just cannot say, no matter how important it is, and it was handled really realistically, I think.

28. - Top - End - #58

NecromancerGuy

So, new chapter

Show

Spoiler: Chapter 59?
    Show
    I sorta assumed that since Deku wasn't fully developed he wouldn't be able to pass it on. Also that it couldn't be passed on until Ts-err-All Might had bought the farm.

And now we have some greater context to what Deku's role in the progression of One for All is to be, which is nice, too, as well as increasing the stakes nicely. It's not just a big bad evil guy. It's not even a big bad evil guy with the ability to grant powers. It's Sylar and Doctor Doom's love child who is out to take over the world and was actually making a pretty good go of it.

I, too, get the increasing feeling that Deku's version of inspiration is going to be of the more teambuilding/teamwork variety rather than the overawing grandeur of All Might, and that this may be part of the key of changing the name of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Spoiler
    Show
    So when he was talking about his regeneration power was All for one saying, if I'd had this power when I fought All might I wouldn't have lost or if I'd had this power earlier I would have been in prime shape when I fought All might so I wouldn't have lost.

I like the BBs design though I mean All might literally punched someones head off. I'm going to guess that All might and All for One will end up dying at pretty much the same time without resolving much and the final fight will be with facepalm and Deku since passing on the torch seems to be a big focus of this series.

30. - Top - End - #60

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewolf View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    So when he was talking about his regeneration power was All for one saying, if I'd had this power when I fought All might I wouldn't have lost or if I'd had this power earlier I would have been in prime shape when I fought All might so I wouldn't have lost.

I like the BBs design though I mean All might literally punched someones head off. I'm going to guess that All might and All for One will end up dying at pretty much the same time without resolving much and the final fight will be with facepalm and Deku since passing on the torch seems to be a big focus of this series.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My read on the situation is that he wished he had gotten it sooner so he could heal up to fight All Might better, but that also that it's suuuper slow so it's basically useless anyway.

I have a feeling All Might and All For One will get some resolution before their passed torches fight. They won't fight, they'll just talk.