New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Fun House! (A Werewolf Game - Now Playing)

Quote Originally Posted by Jontom Xire View Post
    They wouldn't need to torture you, just chat with you all on MSN!
    I from my point of view really prefer the "chat" part more than the "torture" part

Oh, and I'm in.

I'm a bit sad that this game is dead, maybe it was too much at once... this game with no wolf roles and no interferences from outside would have been played till the last villager standing, I suppose.

And than you really would have explanation troubles
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #452
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I received 18 PMs for that.
    First time I've checked this thread since my point. A little annoying that the game is over, but this was hilarious on so many levels. A great idea. It never crossed my mind that the narrators would do something like this.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #453

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    Sure, it must have been as confusing as hell for the newer players, but this was never badged as a standard werewolf so it was always going to be different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeb The Troll View Post
    Here are the rules of the game. The game will proceed like most any other game, except that we are not going to provide a list of roles that ARE in the game. We are only going to provide a list of roles that MAY be in the game.

That said, if you're going to make a real werewolf game out of this, I'm interested.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Orc in the Playground

Awww...I was having fun. *pout*

(That said, I'm not going to voice my opinions here. Actually Shadow has already said mostly what I was thinking. Wait...Shadow and I thinking alike? I'm scared!!)
    Masquerade Indy by Gnomish Wanderer

Quote Originally Posted by Mustiado View Post
    Still think that was an epic prank, *snip* Kudos, gentlemen.
    I was outzombied by the baby!!

5. - Top - End - #455

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins's Avatar

No wolves, you say.

All but four of were villagers, you say.

Epic, I say. Cool, I say. I might also swear a bit in the first few sentences I say, but not out of anger or anything.

I'd join up for another WW social experiment.
    The above post sponsored by Fullbladder Manufacturing.
    And so begins the Age of Extinction! The Year of the Dinosaurs! And the Reign of the Predacons!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Fullbladder's awesome.

6. - Top - End - #456

That sounds like it could be fun
    The artist formerly known as Tired N' Drowzy, master of puns.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Titan in the Playground

I would be in.....

And less shennigans?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

8. - Top - End - #458
    Halfling in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Yeah, it became pretty obvious now that there were no wolves. I was waiting on nights end to see if there was a kill or not. If not, I would have been proposing we all go on the Ferris Wheel, or maybe the tunnel of love.

Wolves mucking up and targetting a non-player on the first night - yeah ok I could believe it. On the second night as well? Nu-uh not happening. They'd know to double check. Three times is just too much.

I must admit I wasn't paying attention at all to this game, otherwise I would have picked up on this much sooner (yeah I know, hindsight is 20/20 vision) but if I'd actually done my spreadsheet, it woulda been quite obvious...

I must admit it IS very interesting to watch how easy it is to direct the mob around here. I still can't believe how people can just up and PM Shadow with their roles, but I am starting to accept it.

Myself, I've only ever done that once, which was that notorious Pirates game. Plus I was only a villager. But then I'm ALWAYS a villager.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    We know there were others, but that post was the first one in this thread that postulated on the idea.

And I think, officially, it was Alarra and I that originally thought of the game without wolves. We started planning it on a very long car trip in early June.

Also, I just got off the phone with Alarra and she says she'd like to pick up the pieces, re-sign up those who want to, and hand out roles again to try to do this again with all the silliness and with less shenanigans than this game had (as in - there will be bad guys, but we still won't tell you which roles are included, we will police the non-players from the thread, and the only "gimmick" will be that we still won't tell you which roles are in play).

If we were to do that, would there be enough interest? (I know some of you have indicated that you'd like to, but we'd like to hear it from more than a couple of people.)

Heheh...first one in this thread's an important part. I proclaimed it on the recruitment thread at least once.

That being said, I'd be up for the new game. Sign me up. BTW, nice idea for it. Reminds me of Battle Royale...which might not be a horrible game to start, actually...

Spoiler
    Show
    Aside from this, has it been done before? Where there are no wolves, but the last man standing wins? I imagine it has, of sorts, but played like a wolf game...kind of a really nasty version of Survivor (TV show, for foreign people)...kind of. I'd keep a few night roles and the like, but those would be relatively standard things. This could be fun...let me know if it's been done before, and I'll ignore it, but aside from that, I'll probably do one.
    Last edited by Xykon_Fan; 2008-11-27 at 02:36 PM.
    XF: Operating on 95% insanity since 1337 B.C. Because every event needs an insane werewolf noble.

Blissfully proud owner of a Ceikatar!

Undead Wannabee and Poster-Boy for the Fanclub

10. - Top - End - #460
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    *head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk*
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

11. - Top - End - #461

Quote Originally Posted by deathslayer7 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    *head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk**head-desk*
    Does this mean you are on for the next one
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

why not?

*head-desk*
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Pixie in the Playground

Hmm.. I guess I'll sign up once again.

Also, what kind of role PMs did people send you Shadow? Did they all say "villager" or were any of them flippant and funny?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Trollman, Tome of Fiends
    That and there is a certain segment of the roleplaying community that cannot differentiate absurdist humor from insanity and will insist on doing annoying things in the name of humor. And we hate those people.
    In my experience, I've found that there are also people who don't realize, or don't care, that others simply don't appreciate their brand of nonsensical humor, even if they're not out of line with their antics.

14. - Top - End - #464

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Mechafox's PM to Shadow
    I'm a villager.

Wait, why did even bother pming this?
    Why indeed.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Then don't look close.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Troll in the Playground

I was one of the assassins... I find it humorous that in a game with NO wolves, I end up as the role responsible for the nightkills.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post

Heheh...first one in this thread's an important part. I proclaimed it on the recruitment thread at least once.

That being said, I'd be up for the new game. Sign me up. BTW, nice idea for it. Reminds me of Battle Royale...which might not be a horrible game to start, actually...

Spoiler
    Show
    Aside from this, has it been done before? Where there are no wolves, but the last man standing wins? I imagine it has, of sorts, but played like a wolf game...kind of a really nasty version of Survivor (TV show, for foreign people)...kind of. I'd keep a few night roles and the like, but those would be relatively standard things. This could be fun...let me know if it's been done before, and I'll ignore it, but aside from that, I'll probably do one.
    Fatbelly 1 and/or 2 and to a lesser degree, 3(was last man standing but with wolves I think)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

17. - Top - End - #467
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I was one of the assassins... I find it humorous that in a game with NO wolves, I end up as the role responsible for the nightkills.
    I found that really funny too. I was like...Of course it winds up being Murska!

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

18. - Top - End - #468

@XF: Well, you'd have to have some killer(s), otherwise it would be totally random. "Ooh, look, that guy has a lot of points and isn't me, so let's lynch him!" It would devolve into pointless chaos rather quickly.
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Barbarian in the Playground

Well, if you're up for restarting the game, I'll join. Though I have to laugh about the prank and I can see where the new players could be confused/frustrated about this.
    Thank you to starwoof for the awesome Astrid avatar.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Troll in the Playground

I still wanna point at people.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    ((The reason I didn't notice when I died is because there was another perfectly good explanation for my death. It was 3 for me, 4 for Lavidor, and 4 for Shadow. I just thought the lovers got to me... *Snip*
    That's what I thought. That's why I ignored it. After iceddragons though, I was very suspicious, but before I had a chance to investigate on my own, all heck broke loose and the truth exposed.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "Oh. You're up," Reinholdt states as Sheelah wakes. As she goes to hug him, he let's out a nearly inaudible "Eep!"

"I'm fine, I'm fine. I told you I would be, remember? I'm a cat. I can make it through just about anything."

He watches as Sheelah hugs Erik and narrows his eyes at Erik behind Sheelah's back (), before she starts to cry again.

"Aww. Come on, don't cry. That's why I got you out, remember? So you wouldn't have to cry anymore. There, there." Reinholdt puts his paw on her shoulder to try and comfort her. "Everything's alright now."
    Sheelah looks at the kitty. Man bija tik baidās jums gatavojās iet bojā. Ja Erik nav atrasts mani, es, iespējams, būtu pat atpakaļ šūnu.

She points at Erik. Erik. Then she points at herself. Sheelah. Then she points at Reinholdt, and waits.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2008-11-27 at 04:51 PM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

21. - Top - End - #471

We know there were others, but that post was the first one in this thread that postulated on the idea.

And I think, officially, it was Alarra and I that originally thought of the game without wolves. We started planning it on a very long car trip in early June.

Also, I just got off the phone with Alarra and she says she'd like to pick up the pieces, re-sign up those who want to, and hand out roles again to try to do this again with all the silliness and with less shenanigans than this game had (as in - there will be bad guys, but we still won't tell you which roles are included, we will police the non-players from the thread, and the only "gimmick" will be that we still won't tell you which roles are in play).

If we were to do that, would there be enough interest? (I know some of you have indicated that you'd like to, but we'd like to hear it from more than a couple of people.)
    Yeah yeah, sign me up for the real version.

And here I was all excited about finally getting a role. Yes, I was one of the two fools. And I managed to scry one of the two assassins on night 1 (though my fool scry called him a mason).
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

22. - Top - End - #472

Quote Originally Posted by Jontom Xire View Post
    Talking of experimental, Ultimate Chaos already tried this kind of idea where everyone is in a potentially winning condition from day one without any need for lynching. Essentially there were no wolves in that game either. And no-one ever figured it out!

And Murska (or was it someone else) who said you got suspicious because everyone told you they were a villager on MSN - do people normally tell you their real roles? How many times do people need to be told to keep their mouths shut about their roles. Jeez, a good thing none of us are spies or secret agents. You'ld all be telling the enemy that you were a secret agent and what the secret codes were and how to crack them, etc. etc. They wouldn't need to torture you, just chat with you all on MSN!
    I'll point out I stubbornly refused to tell Shadow or Indurian my role.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

23. - Top - End - #473

Quote Originally Posted by Helgraf View Post
    I'll point out I stubbornly refused to tell Shadow or Indurian my role.
    Yeah, I can't believe people went along with that. I'd be up for the real version.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes. I'm in for the real version, as that was the version I actually signed up to play.

Anyways. What have we learned? Never trust Shadow. Ever. No. Not even then.

25. - Top - End - #475

I'll be back

26. - Top - End - #476
    Troll in the Playground

I'd like to know who the 18 people who trusted Shadow are. Out of pure curiosity, of course.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ettin in the Playground

*raises hand*

Yeah, I did it. Sue me. Like a villager has anything to loose by Shadow knowing his role.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

28. - Top - End - #478

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    *raises hand*

Yeah, I did it. Sue me. Like a villager has anything to loose by Shadow knowing his role.
    My thoughts exactly.
    Show
    Then don't look close.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Troll in the Playground

Yes. I will sue you mister Mordokai.

Sheesh. Why so serious??

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ettin in the Playground

Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.