New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 47 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Heroes Season 3 [PURE SPOILER]

The rules on this thread are simple: if it has apperared in a webisode, graphic novel, full broadcast episode, television promo or web promo, it is fair game to talk about. This is to help Heroes fans enjoy a fluid conversation about the show without tripping over a minefield of spoiler tags.

There is a spoiler tag on the outside, you have been warned. For the sake of those with slippery trigger fingers, I have spoilered THIS POST ONLY.

Spoiler
    Show
    Firstly: What's with Linderman the ghost? I will be terribly incensed if they bring God into this directly. Then again, knowing Linderman, God had nothing to do with it. Only possible speculation from me: Linderman stole some of Adam's blood for such contingencies.

Peter canned in a con: Not so awesome, I think.

The villains, generally: will be awesome.

That clip from the countdown where Ma Petrelli "feeds" Sylar: Creepiest thing ever done on this show.

Mohinder's new powers: If they keep going "The Fly" route with this I am out. Solid gone. No way, no how.

Sylar getting Claire's power: OK, first of all this is starting to escalate (the number of unkillables on the show.) But what is far worse is the complete lack of any possible transference method that he uses to acquire Claire's power. Prod: done. You may go.

NeoNiki: I think I caught spoilers regarding the reasoning on this. It hasn't been bad so far; certainly less boring than some previous Niki storylines. Let's see where it goes before the hair-pulling.

Meredith back: Hot Mamma could be a fun addition to Claire's little group. Time will tell.

Hiro: Oh come on. If he makes Ando a villain by SAYING SO REPEATEDLY, there shall be beatings.

Daphne: On the one hand, physically rationalizes Hiro's time-stopping, previously one of the most impossible things on the show. On the other: WTF. Her boss had better be someone with a really good excuse for knowing Hiro would be an idiot at that exact moment.

Overall impressions were cool, but there were some glaring flaws... we shall see.
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2008-10-06 at 06:02 PM.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Heroes Season 3 Premiere [PURE SPOILER]

On Mohinder: Yes. So much so.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Zombie

Please god let them not being pulling a third summers brother with sylar. Also interesting to see that perhaps niki's personalities may all have different powers.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

I think my bro put it best: it's a comic book. It's live action, but it's a comic book. You have to keep that in mind when watching it. It's gonna be over-the-top at times.
    With that in mind.....

Awwes-some!
    But I am the very model of a modern major general!
    Multiple expressions of gratitude to Elrond for the avatar.

I'd run for Apathetic in the Playground, but it sounds like a lot of effort.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Twin2 View Post
    Also interesting to see that perhaps niki's personalities may all have different powers.
    My interpretation was that Tracy isn't another Nikki fragment. It appears that she's been working with the Governor for some time now, but Nikki/Jessica's been out of commission as of late. Unless, of course, she's been breaking out of Company custody and flying to New York and back on a regular basis. No, I think Tracy is something else, like a twin or a clone. Which means that reporter really would have been printing a slanderous story.

Re: Linderman:

As I posted in the other topic, I think he could be a hallucination, and that Nathan still has some trace amounts of Adam's blood in his body, though the healing factor would have been diluted drastically (his recovery took a lot longer, and from a much less drastic injury), so I don't think anyone who gets a transfusion from an Immortal becomes Immortal themselves. It's also possible that Linderman's a ghost of some sort, but I'm leaning towards the hallucination theory.

One final possibility is, of course, that Linderman is God. I have no idea why he let DL destroy his physical manifestation back in Season One, but Linderman moves in mysterious ways.

Final question:

If Mama Petrelli is the one who gave Peter his dreaming powers, then what power did Charles Deveaux have, and why was he able to communicate with Peter in the dream at the end of Season One?
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

No. There is no excuse for Flyderman.

And yeah, the Darth Vader is gonna feel really cheesy. Especially since they haven't had a decent onscreen fight yet.

One thing I just clued in on: we have acquired a special effects budget! Blue flames, red flames, time-stopped motion blur dispersal, electropulses, alchemy...

Displeased with Bob's death. Wanted to see him villain out with his alchemy power in a big way. Conjuring sulfuric acid, for example. That said, it will make for a compelling storyline.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

At least Mohinder's characterization remains consistent.. he's still the dumbest smart man on televison. The 'oh my god the future is horrible, let's avert it' motivator for the plot is getting a little thin; hopefully this time around the involved parties will finally learn to stop trying to screw with timelines.. although it's kind of nice to see that no matter what future it is, everybody still wears badass leather. That's how you know it's the future, y'see.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

I just realized: we can blame the current doom future entirely on Maya.

It's ALL HER FAULT.

Ahh.... that feels better.

9. - Top - End - #9

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    At least Mohinder's characterization remains consistent.. he's still the dumbest smart man on televison. The 'oh my god the future is horrible, let's avert it' motivator for the plot is getting a little thin; hopefully this time around the involved parties will finally learn to stop trying to screw with timelines.. although it's kind of nice to see that no matter what future it is, everybody still wears badass leather. That's how you know it's the future, y'see.
    Maybe they should just launch a spinoff series called Heroes: The Badass Future, in which a bunch of morally-ambiguous badass superantiheroes run around hiding from a public that wants to kill them and avoiding terrible plagues that make people shoot lighting. Also, every third episode, New York explodes.

Y'know, just to get it out of their system.
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Maybe they should just launch a spinoff series called Heroes: The Badass Future, in which a bunch of morally-ambiguous badass superantiheroes run around hiding from a public that wants to kill them and avoiding terrible plagues that make people shoot lighting. Also, every third episode, New York explodes.

Y'know, just to get it out of their system.
    I'd watch it.
    But I am the very model of a modern major general!
    Multiple expressions of gratitude to Elrond for the avatar.

I'd run for Apathetic in the Playground, but it sounds like a lot of effort.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Banned

I think the beginning of season 3 was awesome, this is definitely gonna be time-traveling done wrong, Future Hiro could away with it because he had been calculating what would happen for who knows how long, but Future Peter however, hes doing this on a first try, without knowing what consequences would happen.

and I definitely support the spin-off series about future badasses and new york constantly exploding, I mean really first time it was dramatic and tragedic, second time it was excusable cause it was Writers Strike, but third times stretching it.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Halfling in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGirl

Part of me wants to believe Mohinder just cannot be that dumb. However, the other 99% of me knows better. My main question about his transformation is whether or not his blood is still effective against the Shanti virus. Only strain 138 is no longer a threat; the rest are still out there.

Hiro...oh, Hiro...if someone doesn't make him come to his senses before he enforces a self-fulfilling prophecy, I will be sorely disappointed.

Sylar poking brains to gain their powers=weird. Sylar being Ma Petrelli's long-lost son=completely unnecessary. We get the parallels between him and Peter; there's absolutely no need to detail it any further or force the point.

I know Peter's supposed to be kind of an idealist, but since when does that mean having an Idiot Ball permanently grafted to him? I want Badass Future Hiro to show up and slap some sense into him. Hell, I just want more Badass Future Hiro. ^^

Tracy looks interesting. Her backstory has some possibilities. I'm leaning more towards "long-lost twin" as opposed to "clone", though--I don't think she's another one of Niki's personalities. I was somewhat surprised by the lack of Micah and Monica--hopefully we'll catch up with them next episode.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Bugbear in the Playground

I figure it's the clone route on Tracy, personally. I also suspect that Mrs. Petrelli (who, apparently, is the Kwisatz Haderach) was speaking figuratively when she said Syler was her son, and that it's just a way of saying the Company had a hand in his creation/powers.

And yeah, I'm with you on the whole time-travel/Mohinder-fly/idiot-ball thing.

(More as-I-watched-it impressions right here, if anyone's curious/bored.)
    Last edited by Muz; 2008-09-23 at 04:38 PM.
    Author of Zeus Is Dead: A Monstrously Inconvenient Adventure, a comedic fantasy novel set in a version of our world where reality TV show heroes slay actual monsters and the Greek gods have their own Twitter feeds!
    Now available in paperback, ebook, and audiobook!
    ~ ~ ~
    Twitter: @TheWriteMunzspace My Blog: GeekNotesspa!

14. - Top - End - #14

Oh look somebody saw a bad future and tried to avert it, but this time there's TWO people (Hiro and Future Peter) trying to avert 2 separate bad futures. This isn't a cheap twist on a recycled plot. Not. At. All.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

15. - Top - End - #15

The twist is that one of them is an idiot.
    Author of Zeus Is Dead: A Monstrously Inconvenient Adventure, a comedic fantasy novel set in a version of our world where reality TV show heroes slay actual monsters and the Greek gods have their own Twitter feeds!
    ~ ~ ~

16. - Top - End - #16

Only one of them?
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Tracy - the REAL Jessica?

18. - Top - End - #18

Quote Originally Posted by teleute View Post
    Hiro...oh, Hiro...if someone doesn't make him come to his senses before he enforces a self-fulfilling prophecy, I will be sorely disappointed.
    You'd think he'd be genre savvy enough to know otherwise. Unless, of course, he's so genre savvy that he realizes that any attempt to avert a personally bad future never works.

The real fool here is, of course, Kaito Nakamura, for recording a video will that basically screams "OPEN THE SAFE, HIRO!" Honestly, couldn't he have just said, "Your destiny is to guard the safe and ensure nobody ever opens it!"?

19. - Top - End - #19

Huzzah for a spoiler thread. On the whole I loved the two hours a great deal. Not all of it by any means, but then again I've never liked all of the plotlines being run by the series. So anyways in no particular order:

*Sylar while always good had a really really good episode this time around. I laughed at the notion of there being worse, because you know it won't be true. Though his real crowning moment of awesome for the episode.

Sylar: Claire, that's disgusting.

Best Jossing and Take That ever and delievered in that scene is still tremendously creepy. Also would that whole scene count as a literal mind rape?

*You know I honestly can muster much objection to the super drug idea, but I do take issue with Mohinder getting it all done in a such a short time. It should have been left at him figuring out how the powers worked then developed, then taken, the what weirdness that last bit is going to be. (Also did not need it to be an aphrodisiac)

*You know what, the time-travel-warning at this point isn't an over-used plotline its a metafictional running gag. I can enjoy it fully at least a few more times if the story telling is up to it, and this time I think it was. Unlike last season where we stranded a girlfriend there to be never mentioned again. Also at somepoint they need to deal with what happens to the futures that changed.

*It seems clear that Tracy is a different character played by the same actor, and I hope that's the case. Nathan ended up not dying so we need someone to have died.

*Jury out on whether I like Nathan's plot. One one hand I like him not dead, and Linderman being a crazy ghost in his head. That's cool. However I get nervous whenever someone starts injecting religion into something. At least real-world religion on national television. Because I doubt the network has the balls to let it be done straight, note for all that talk of God not one J-bomb was launched. (Oh course if the president said **** during the state of the union it would probably cause less of an uproar then a fictional character daring to not water-down/universalize faith)

*You know what I want, I want Future Peter to die and in doing all this somehow present Peter gets his powers burned out. I can't cheer for Peter since aside from being too designated a protagonist over better characters (Parkman and Hiro specifically) he's too powerful to be worth my time. Unlike Sylar who earns it.

*Hiro did all I need him to do and continues to be loveably cheesy.

Also Am I the only one had an argument with myself over whether Ando should have screamed "HADOKEN!" or "Ka-me-Ha-me-HAH" when he 'killed' Hiro?

20. - Top - End - #20
    Halfling in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    The real fool here is, of course, Kaito Nakamura, for recording a video will that basically screams "OPEN THE SAFE, HIRO!" Honestly, couldn't he have just said, "Your destiny is to guard the safe and ensure nobody ever opens it!"?
    I'm not sure what his exact reasoning was, but I'm pretty sure Kaito intended for Hiro to open the safe, or at the very least knew Hiro well enough to realize that he was going to open it no matter what. I don't think he would have left another DVD message inside the safe otherwise.

Also...anyone else notice that it's the geneticist and the medical professional who always seem to end up holding the Idiot Balls? I wonder what the Heroes writers have against science...

Random WMG prediction:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ando will turn against Hiro when he finds out what Hiro did to Adam. Ando will then proceed to let Adam free in an extremely short-sighted and misguided act.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

That. Was. Awesome.

Seriously. Everything that went wrong in Season 2 got redeemed by this premiere. Loved just about every bit of it. Granted, a number of the twists had already been guessed by fans, such as Peter healing Nathan with Linderman's ability (which I presume is the case; somewhere along the line, I bet he met Linderman), and Peter shooting Nathan. So...the rundown...

The Dark Future: I like where we're potentially going. We'll probably see many Dark Futures here, and this time, I loved the Bioshock-esque Dark Future. That, and Future Claire is quite the person. Who knew?

Peter: Very interesting turn of events. Future Peter seems bent on actually doing things, and Present Peter...hoo boy. I really wanna see how he gets out of a body-swap with a sound manipulator.

Sylar: Dude...this guy is back. His scene with Claire...wow. That ranks up there. And he most definitely...yeah. The other true Sylar moment was when Mr. Bennet shot him. I was like, "Why isn't he stopping the bullets?" And then... "Oh, no...that guy...that creep...no..."

Claire: Speaking of her...she got her share of awesome moments now. I mean, stabbing Sylar in the chest with a kitchen knife? That was awesome.

Hiro: This could be a fun plotline with Daphne. Hiro is still hilarious and loveable to watch. Along with Ando.

Angela: Wow, what a person. She...yeah. Along with the preview clip, seems like she's started quite thoroughly on the path to darkness. And her power...hmm...makes sense.

Nathan: Very interesting. And I actually like the religious twist. It's about time they actually had someone who was truly engaged in some sort of religion. And the fact that he's hallucinating Linderman should prove to be interesting. Multiple Personality Disorder?

Tracey: Also intriguing. A bit of a "what the heck?" character. I love her power. I'm with the crowd that says that she's actually Jessica, who didn't really die. That would be interesting...

Matt: Africa! With a precognitive painter! I'd love to see where this goes.

All in all, oh yes. And based on the previews...I really went "what the heck?" at the implication that Bennet and Sylar will work together.
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

22. - Top - End - #22

Quote Originally Posted by afroakuma View Post
    Displeased with Bob's death. Wanted to see him villain out with his alchemy power in a big way. Conjuring sulfuric acid, for example. That said, it will make for a compelling storyline.
    I thought Bob's power wasn't alchemy.. but King Midis style. He touches something and turns it to gold... I never saw him turn it to anything else.
    ------------
    I definitely support the Jessica/Niki/Tracy being one person.. and here's the reasoning.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I find that they wouldn't use such a similar actress AND that she would get so defensive when he said he's running this story... Innocent people don't run and don't fear. She's not innocent.

My theory: I think that Jessica/Niki/Tracy are all 1 person. I think that each personality gives a different power. Niki gave super strength. Tracy has the ice thing.

Jessica's power is to use any of them.
    Her personality is waaay to weak against Niki's + Tracy's... which is why she hasn't mastered this. Thats my opinion anyways.

Although to counter my theory... Jessica had the virus... so therefore she shouldn't have powers right? Seresh made a cure...but never met up with her as she was trapped in burning building. Perhaps new personality is caused by that.
    -----
    -Wrath
    "If you can, then do. If you cannot, then find a way so you can."
    Spoiler
    Show

LGBTiTP Supporter
    Swain Avatar by Zefir

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

I recall that his listed power was "alchemy." The turning things into gold bit was just his main schtick, because it's whre he obtained personal financing from, as well as giving the Company under-the-table finances that couldn't be traced back to Kaito.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

This just in: Peter Petrelli does something stupid.
    In other news, water is still wet!

Can anyone argue it's an idiot ball now?
    Thanks Uncle Festy for the wonderful Ashling Avatar
    I make music

25. - Top - End - #25

BlueWizardGirl

I really thought that was the best Heroes has been ever. At least the first episode. Second episode, not quite as much, but they were both good.

If it's literal I'm not happy about the mother thing, but other than that, great stuff all around.

It looks like we're finally going to scale up to teams of super heroes vs. teams of super villains. ABOUT TIME! I went into the show expecting them to start separate and team up halfway through the first season. With all the villains in one SUV, at least for the moment, it'll FORCE the emergence of an Avengers/JLA. That's what I've been wanting to see.

Why say Mohinder/Fly? Because it's live action? It looks like Mohinder/Beast to me. Well, he won't be ending up furry, but it looked to me like those were scales forming, so at least he shouldn't end up a manbug either.

Sure, the futureness is a bit forced and annoying, but really, with as many time travels, dreamers, and future-painters in one world, somebody is always going to be screwing with the timeline. It just kinda comes with the territory.

I want to see Ando doing the hadoken thing in the present. Even if it means becoming a "bad guy."

The Matt-is-Aqua-Man bit was funny. I honestly thought he had figured out how to telepathically communicate with animals.

I loved the use of the "Muda muda muda" battlecry in the Hiro/Daphne battle. Question, though... the medal would be in French, right? Hiro can read French? I'm sure the formula they're fighting over is the same thing that Mohinder has synthesized, though, so the cat will soon be out of the bag regardless of the victor.

I'll add more if/when I remember it.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    GMing The Lotus Blossoms! [Exalted 3E] (OOC)
    Playing Waldaharjaz in The Convergence of Sky [Exalted 3E]
    Playing Rivers in Welcome to Thorns [Exalted 3E]

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by afroakuma View Post
    I recall that his listed power was "alchemy." The turning things into gold bit was just his main schtick, because it's whre he obtained personal financing from, as well as giving the Company under-the-table finances that couldn't be traced back to Kaito.
    The writers confirmed that he could only turn stuff into gold.

From behind the scenes videos and an episode description, Maya gets stuck in a "sticky situation". In the mentioned video, she was stuck to the wall behind a huge mass of web. In Mohinder's lab.

I personally had a "squeee!" moment when Tracy turned the journalist into ice.

Bob's death shocked me. I saw it coming as soon as Elle walked into the room, but I still didn't expect Bob to die.

Next weeks episode has Noah teaming up with a "shocking partner" to take down the villains as they rob a bank, however it turns into a bloodbath.

27. - Top - End - #27

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Question, though... the medal would be in French, right? Hiro can read French?
    I don't see why it would be. The speedster just happened to be living in Paris; she's obviously not French.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Earlier they had stated he could do more with it. Not that it matters; now that he's a stiff.

Why Mohinder-Fly? Or as I call him, Flyderman? Have you seen the movie? He becomes more aggressive, has sex with his lady, then starts noticing creeeepy changes. Plus his skin looked like it was peeling and the previews indicate sticky webbing stuff coming out of his fingers.

So yeah. Flyderman.

29. - Top - End - #29

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    It looks like we're finally going to scale up to teams of super heroes vs. teams of super villains. ABOUT TIME! I went into the show expecting them to start separate and team up halfway through the first season. With all the villains in one SUV, at least for the moment, it'll FORCE the emergence of an Avengers/JLA. That's what I've been wanting to see.
    It'll never happen. That's where viewers keep expecting it TO go, many with great anticipation, and where they seem to stubbornly refuse to go with it. People may pair up or triple up, but they're just as soon split off again, doing their own thing, completely unorganized. The writers seem to like it that way, or just can't get organized themselves. I'm not sure which it is.

Jaded? Me?
    ~ ~ ~

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Angela Petrelli is evil.

In one of the sneak peek clips, she calls Agent Bridget Bailey (the character the BBC created), down to the level 5 cells. Angela explains to Sylar what Bridget's power does... Then you hear the screams of Bridget. I have a feeling this will happen in the next episode.

Bridget is a clairsentient. She can see the history of any object she touches.

I have a feeling Angela will feed Sylar a few powers of the Company agents. The reason why she dismissed Elle? Maybe Angela knows that Elle is really important in future events. We all know that Angela doesn't like things messing around with fate.

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Dihan; 2008-09-24 at 12:12 PM.