New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Mithar Keep

[Foyer 2]

Sakura shakes her head. "It's supposed to be a few more days before the baby comes, so we don't need to worry too much about that yet. Besides, I'd rather be somewhere comfortable than there. The doctor said it'd be better for me and the baby if I stayed out of the city too." At least for any kind of extended period of time.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Dwarf in the Playground

Foyer 2

Kirin comes in with a salad and two sandwiches. She walks over to the two of them, and looks at Cessie.

"You asked for a salad and some sandwiches?"

Kirin looks a bit confused. She obviously has no experience with telepathy.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Foyer 2]

The mage raises an eyebrow, "They can tell exactly which they you are going to give birth? Most impressive." Cessie admits and then takes a deep breath as Kirin comes rushing.

"Yes, thank you." She says with a smile. "I should probably have told you about the mind transfer, it's honestly a bit of an oddity which haven't been fully explained yet but basically I can transfer my thoughts to people I have meet." She explains. "I'm glad you took it so calmly however, this is Sakura by the way, she's a good friend of mine." Cessie moves away so Kirin can have a good look at the dryad while she grabs the sandwiches.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ogre in the Playground

[Foyer 2]

And Kirin will see the heavily pregnant cherry blossom dryad sitting there! She managed to wipe away the tears, but it's not to hard to tell she's been crying.

"Hi. It's nice to meetcha." Sakura says without much enthusiasm. Her mood prevents that unfortunately. "I remember the first time Cessie talked in my head. It was weird." She says, guessing at what had happened.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Dwarf in the Playground

Foyer 2

"Hello!" Kirin smiles as she hands Sakura the salad. "At least you weren't at the top of a ladder. Is there anything else I can get you?"

Kirin is a catgirl with cream fur and some black stripes. She's currently wearing a light blue and navy blue maid outfit. She's a skinny girl, even looks dangerously underweight.

6. - Top - End - #306

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Foyer]

Dorota nods. Of course. Can I take Sizewell there with me, or should be stay here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Foyer]

Nadas visibly brightens.
    "I would be positively delighted!"
    Really? Who says that?
    [Foyer]

Cessie peers at the golem, "The stairs can take a earth elemental so I don't think Sizewell would be much worse." She gestures for them to follow her as she starts walking up the stairs once again.

"In fact, we do have our own golem here. Regrettably not made by me however, Harnel found it one day and took it home since it was able to produce gems." She rolls her eyes. "It's called Kashi and is shaped as a dragon, a rather clever construction actually. It's actually growing somehow. I can only wish I could make such an sophisticated construct." Cessie tells them as they enter the wast library.

If Earl wants the amulet can be here, but I doubt anyone would use it anyway. <.<

[Foyer 2]

Seeing Sakura's unenthusiastic greeting, Cessie feels pretty blue herself. The dryad had been so excited about this child and now she could hardly smile anymore.

"This is miss Amne, the servant and Harnel and I hired, she appeared in my library one day." Cessie says, putting on a smile. "It was a bit awkward but apparently she was drawn in here just like Harnel."

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ogre in the Playground

[Foyer 2]

The one true foyer!

"Oh? The Nexus is so weird sometimes." Sakura says... and pauses. "Okay, weird all the time. You'll probably see me around a bunch when I visit Cessie and Harnel."

8. - Top - End - #308
    Dwarf in the Playground

Foyer 2

Kirin nods. "Yeah, I went to sleep in the local library, and I woke up in the one here." Kirin nods. "That was kind of embarrassing. Well, if either of you need anything, feel free to let me know."

Kirin will then turn and leave if neither of them have anything they want right now.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

[Library]

"Ah yes, we talked to it in fact. It's a construct? Fascinating. We were considering running some tests on it if you were so inclined to permit us to..."
    Nadas replies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

10. - Top - End - #310

[Library]

"I'm not sure, I suspect you'd have to talk to Harnel about that. It's his golem after all, he found it. And besides, it's sapient to a degree, there might be certain ethnic dilemmas involved. I just hope it didn't cause you any trouble. It's usually quite bothersome which isn't made easier by the fact it's growing." Cessie tells the two.

[Foyer]

"I will Kirin." Cessie says with a smile before the catgirl leaves. Then she turns back to Sakura, "She's a godsend during these times with Harnel just staying in his room all day." She sigh, "I am trying to find the location of that dragon graveyard though, shouldn't be long now."

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground

[Foyer]

"See ya, Kirin." Sakura says to the departing catgirl. "That's great to hear. Sarget hasn't been well either. I'll be happy when everything goes back to normal." If it goes back to normal. The dryad bites her lip. Adir's fine, he has to be.

12. - Top - End - #312

[Foyer]

"Yes, if normality even can be achieved in the nexus. Living in Hestopia would create other problems though, I doubt Harnel would be very accepted there for a longer time." She looks up at Sakura, "So how about you? Have you been thinking of moving back to your homeworld with Adir?"

13. - Top - End - #313
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Library]

"Ah yes, we talked to it in fact. It's a construct? Fascinating. We were considering running some tests on it if you were so inclined to permit us to..."
    Nadas replies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Library]

"I'm not sure, I suspect you'd have to talk to Harnel about that. It's his golem after all, he found it. And besides, it's sapient to a degree, there might be certain ethnic dilemmas involved. I just hope it didn't cause you any trouble. It's usually quite bothersome which isn't made easier by the fact it's growing." Cessie tells the two.
    Dorota shakes her head.
    Oh no, he caused us no trouble at all. He was very nice. I do agree tests would not be very ethical, however.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground

[Foyer]

Sakura shakes her head. "No, not really. At least, not any time soon. I know we've both lived there our entire lives, but to me at least, this feels like home. Besides, I'd miss you and Harnel if we did." She finally smiles at her friend.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Dwarf in the Playground

Library

Kirin is here. She has a large amount of books on cruses, artifacts, cursed artifacts, and psychology. She is currently reading one such book, and does not seem to notice the others walk in.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Library]

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Dorota shakes her head.
    Oh no, he caused us no trouble at all. He was very nice. I do agree tests would not be very ethical, however.
    [Library]

Nadas quirks an eyebrow. "I fail to see how it wouldn't be ethical. People take tests or are tested all the time, even in scientific endeavors. This isn't say, a dissection, just feeding various food products in a controlled and purposeful manner in order to determine the subject's reaction and help reach a better understanding as to how exactly he works. I know humans and elves perform similar studies."

It's not like... injecting someone with demon blood Dorota.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

17. - Top - End - #317

[Library]

"Ah, that kind of tests, for some reason I imagined you meant something else. But even so I think we would have to ask him and possibly Harnel if it's okay and I don't understand dragonic." Cessie explains. "I have tried to probe him to learn how he's made up, I haven't done any other kind of tests however."

She glances briefly in Kirin's direction, well at least they had similar interests.

[Foyer]

The mage returns the smile, "Yes, I would miss you as well Sakura." She pauses and leans back into her seat. "So what are you going to do once the baby is born? I could help you if you need anything, anything at all."

18. - Top - End - #318
    Titan in the Playground

[Library]

Such tests would be fine, I suppose, Dorota concedes. Creating valuables out of cheap materials is the dream of many an alchemist.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground

[Foyer]

"Thanks Cessie, but you have two things to look after yourself." Sakura says, looking at Cessie's stomach. She giggles a little. "You're going to end up so big before their born. Don't let Harnel get away with not giving you lots of back massages. They help so much."

"But anyway, we still need to get a house sorted out. As soon as that's done we'll be moving out of Watch." She says.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ogre in the Playground

[Library]

Crazy mages, thinking the tests are some sort of DOOM tests involving horribly PROBING and UNETHICAL methods. It's almost like they've never even heard of the basic scientific method. Nadas would shake his head and maybe even mutter something about stereotyping drows or mages or whatever, but he doesn't, because his attention is drawn to a fourth person in the room.

"Ah, I'm sorry. I was unaware there were others here studying already."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

21. - Top - End - #321
    Dwarf in the Playground

Library

Kirin looks up, now that something was directed at her. Or at least that something was said that she registered as having something to do with her. "Huh? Oh, don't mind me. Just taking a little break. Do you all need anything?"

22. - Top - End - #322

[Foyer]

The sorceress looks slightly uncomfortable as her friend mentions that, "There is still four and half month to go, I don't see why I could help you if your going to give birth any day now. I can try to set you up in the guest house though."

[Library]

Cessie's world don't even have drow but she meet a couple of jerk drow since she came here however.

She smiles at the catgirl however, "Not right now Kirin, everything is fine. We are just discussing Kashi and golems in general at the moment. Perhaps you happen to know anything about golem making? I was planning to make one myself to help around here."

23. - Top - End - #323
    Titan in the Playground

[Library]

Dorota nods and curtsies to Kirin. It should be noted there's a large clay golem behind her, with runes on his joints, heck and chest.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ogre in the Playground

[Library]

"Salutations." Nadas says, giving a formal bow to Kirin.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ogre in the Playground

[Foyer]

"I dunno what I need help with, but a room here would be great for now. Until Adir is back." Her brow furrows in worry again. She's managed to calm down about it, but she's still incredibly worried.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Dwarf in the Playground

Library

Kirin shakes her head. "No, I don't really know anything about magic. I've just come across a couple of things that... you know... I want to find out a bit more just in case. The information might be useful someday."

She returns her attention to her book and mumbles something else. She's reading a book on the deck of many things, oddly enough.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ogre in the Playground

[Entrance]

Unfortunately, due to Libra causing him to fall, Ariel may find Harnel falling towards her. This could pose a problem if he hits, of course, but it's clear from his expression - assuming Ariel has time to catch it - that Harnel doesn't want to crash into her.

As a matter of fact, he sort of doesn't want to crash at all. Imagine that.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground

Entrance

Ariel is too caught up in her own thoughts to notice Harnel falling towards her. She's slow, disappointed and downhearted at what happened. She'd only come for a visit, to catch up on what her mother...no. Not her mother, Cessie was doing.

With a sigh, she continues walking, head bowed and wishing she could fiddle with her tail, but she had to carry the box with the broken gift inside.

At 120lbs, she's unable to prove much resistance when Harnel slams into her, crushing her into the ground like she's nothing but a limp ragdoll. Ariel doesn't make a peep and Harnel will feel a wet warmth between them...

29. - Top - End - #329

[Foyer]

"Well, I could just give you a room here on the bottom floor." Cessie replies with a smile, offering her hand to Sakura to help her up. "We don't use many rooms anyway with only three of us living here. There is plenty of space for guests and servants."

[Library]

"My policy exactly." The mage says with a slight nod in Kirin's direction before turning back to Dorota and Nadas. "But while on the subject of golems I have been wondering what kind of shape I should give mine. A humanoid is of course the standard form but I was thinking this one would both work as a guardian and a servant. Any ideas?"

30. - Top - End - #330
    Titan in the Playground

[Library]

Dorota considers it for a moment.
    If it is supposed to be a servant, I think a humanoid shape is the most versatile and suited for most tasks. Out of curiosity, how sentient do you want it to be?