New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Mercenary Pen's Meticulously Planned Machine of Prose Random Banter #182

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Oh man trenchcoat MoonCat is the best cat.
    At one point I walked out of the darker areas with my collars turned up and my head down right into a group of tourists. They screamed. ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    Mhmm. Mhmm. So cute when you're full of denial. ^_^

And that trenchcoat is so badass. Perfect for, you know, clandestine activities.

And yes, yes she is. =3

EDIT: Moon, I bet you're regretting asking to see more of my personality now, aren't you.
    I am not in denial!

How is it perfect for that? And also, ugh, no, my coat is staying pristine, I like that coat!

Yes, I am.

And no, because I kind of doubt that this is the person who matches your description, considering what you were saying yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Ooh, bunkers!

Ooooh, bunker complexes!

We only have small bunkers strewn about here in my area (that is, within 2 km of my house), which isn't to say that they aren't fun to explore (even though each bunker is finished in 10 seconds, and most of the time is spent walking to the next one). During our Germany trip this summer, however, we visited a bunker graveyard in Denmark. They were probably 30-40 bunkers randomly strewn about on the beach and in the water as the sea had claimed the land below them. Surreal yet awesome.

Also, I can attest to that it's really easy to find a completely dark spot in a sufficiently large bunker. I had some fun going into a bunker, hiding in a dark corner, jumping out to scare littlest brother and then run away from him to repeat the proceedure, and I managed to find a spot that was so dark that you couldn't see me even with your eyes fully adjusted to the darkness. The room was no more than 120-140 cm wide and the end was no longer than 2 m away from the door through which you entered it, and yet I managed to scare littlest brother as he did so and then completely evade him when came to exact revenge, jumping past him without him even managing to touch me, because I could see him, and he just couldn't see me.
    They're so cool!

Yeah. If you go inside one of the outside-opening doors, and then wander around, it's practically impossible to come back outside through the same door. Also, since they're all the same size, it is incredibly easy to have no idea where you are once it gets too dark to see graffiti. Which reminds me, apparently there's an original Banksy there, but I've never found it.

They also have second and third floors, and well as connections under a hill onto another set There's about three of the complexes, and then there's the memorial that is on top of a small bunker, the awesome-cannon-boom-boom-shooty-place with the treads and everything (except the cannons, which are currently downtown, across the street from FDS.). We also have the quarters, which are these massive white houses. The quarters now belong to an group who let kids stay there for a week to do artsy stuff, study marine biology, and lets the school have its Knowledge Trivia things have competitions there. It also has the quarters of one of the officers preserved, so you can go look at stuff from the 1940's.

The sea thing sounds really cool. Part of me wants to just take a ton of pictures because of how epic they would look.

Yea,h yesterday I walked through about forty feet of corridor that was so dark I not only walked into the walls twice, but I honestly had thought it was a dead end at first. It was one room away from being directly outside too. That one passage was really narrow, I could feel the walls brushing against me on both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
    I dreamt I was MoonCat last night, in charge of logistics and planning for some sort of fantasy war. It was strange
    Yeah. I'd never be in charge of a side getting into battle, I'd be part of an undercover team.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #752
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Mercenary Pen's Meticulously Planned Machine of Prose Random Banter #182

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    At one point I walked out of the darker areas with my collars turned up and my head down right into a group of tourists. They screamed. ^.^
    Ninja Assassin Moon Cat!

3. - Top - End - #753
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon-freak89 View Post
    Cobra, please stop making Mooncat sound like Lix.

As usual, I'm sorry if this offends anyone, and if it does, I will remove it.
    I think Cobra's the one sounding like Lix.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Titan in the Playground

I WOULD believe ya moonie, but it's more fun to assume otherwise
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

5. - Top - End - #755

Ninja Assassin Moon Cat!
    Yooooou can't seeeeee meeeeee

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    I WOULD believe ya moonie, but it's more fun to assume otherwise
    but... no!

Last edited by MoonCat; 2012-09-23 at 11:34 AM.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #756
    Troll in the Playground

I SO cant follow you people anymore. Dam INTERNET and this 'WORK'-THING. It distracts me from my distractions!
    Spoiler
    Show
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    don't feed the troll...

7. - Top - End - #757
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    I SO cant follow you people anymore. Dam INTERNET and this 'WORK'-THING. It distracts me from my distractions!
    That ... That makes no sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Ettin in the Playground

I think Cobra's the one sounding like Lix.
    Oh, come on, we're totally different! I can just make anything sound dirty and flirt with everyone, Lix is constantly recruiting for her harem.

Besides, I outdate Lix, she totally stole the ultraflirties from ME.
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    That ... That makes no sense.
    I... I never make sense. (Internet=reddit. freakin' reddit.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

10. - Top - End - #760
    Titan in the Playground

They're so cool!

Yeah. If you go inside one of the outside-opening doors, and then wander around, it's practically impossible to come back outside through the same door. Also, since they're all the same size, it is incredibly easy to have no idea where you are once it gets too dark to see graffiti. Which reminds me, apparently there's an original Banksy there, but I've never found it.

They also have second and third floors, and well as connections under a hill onto another set There's about three of the complexes, and then there's the memorial that is on top of a small bunker, the awesome-cannon-boom-boom-shooty-place with the treads and everything (except the cannons, which are currently downtown, across the street from FDS.). We also have the quarters, which are these massive white houses. The quarters now belong to an group who let kids stay there for a week to do artsy stuff, study marine biology, and lets the school have its Knowledge Trivia things have competitions there. It also has the quarters of one of the officers preserved, so you can go look at stuff from the 1940's.
    Okay, now I'm envious.

The sea thing sounds really cool. Part of me wants to just take a ton of pictures because of how epic they would look.
    Perhaps I should upload a few pictures one day when I've slept more than five hours then?

Yea,h yesterday I walked through about forty feet of corridor that was so dark I not only walked into the walls twice, but I honestly had thought it was a dead end at first. It was one room away from being directly outside too. That one passage was really narrow, I could feel the walls brushing against me on both sides.
    Yeah, this was two turns away from a corridor that opened up to to sunlight in both ends, yet you couldn't see the wall at point blank even when your eyes had gotten used to the darkness.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

11. - Top - End - #761

NecromancerGuy

He was hiding in a darkened corner because we'd ended up hanging out in some old military bunkers. I have long fingernails, and when I slammed my hand into him because I couldn't see him, I accidentaly raked my fingernails alongside his neck. THAT IS IT.
    Time to trim 'em up then, dearie.

Watching coworkers become increasingly unhinged due to their dissatisfaction with the job and the way the business is run is... interesting...
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

12. - Top - End - #762

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    Oh, come on, we're totally different! I can just make anything sound dirty and flirt with everyone, Lix is constantly recruiting for her harem.

Besides, I outdate Lix, she totally stole the ultraflirties from ME.
    I never got recruited for her harem...

Although I do have a harem of my own. IRL. I'll only explain if anyone is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Okay, now I'm envious.

Perhaps I should upload a few pictures one day when I've slept more than five hours then?

Yeah, this was two turns away from a corridor that opened up to to sunlight in both ends, yet you couldn't see the wall at point blank even when your eyes had gotten used to the darkness.
    I've actually kinda wanted to set up a LARPing thing in those bunker,s but I don't know anyone in my town who would be interested... Can you IMAGINE how awesome that would be?

Oh, do! Of course, pics never show the interesting pitch-black parts, which is a pity. Unless your camera can see in the dark, but I doubt it. But the more Teddy pics the better.
    (Please tell me if my Teddy-is-hawt jokes ever get annoying. )

Exactly the same here. I have cat's eyes practically, and I walked face first into a wall. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Time to trim 'em up then, dearie.
    No! I have beautifully sculpted fingernails that are easy for even my undextrous fingers to paint, and are long enough I can stick my tongue under them, and I like it that way!
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #763

Although I do have a harem of my own. IRL. I'll only explain if anyone is interested.
    Don't worry, I wasn't either

I'm interested!

14. - Top - End - #764

NecromancerGuy

Doesn't quite work that way, as I recall.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #765

Don't worry, I wasn't either

I'm interested!
    Nope, I already had a claim on you by then.

Okay, so the group of Intellectual Emotionally Withdrawn *******s who I lunch with regularly are all boys, and I'm the only girl besides Black Star who hangs out with them. I tend to walk in and say random stuff when I join them at lunch (I'm basically the only one who gets school lunches, so I am always a few minutes late to their conversation.), so one day I sat down and was all like:

MoonCat: Guys, guys! I have an awesome idea!
    (dubious looks all around)
    EWA #1: Okay... what is it?
    MoonCat: Y'all are now officially my harem!!! ^.^
    (there is silence for a few seconds)
    (EWA #2 chokes of his lunch)
    EWA #3: What... did you just say?
    EWA #1: I think she said harem...
    EWA #4: Oh god, I thought I imagined that
    EWA #5: Well, I''m going to leave now. (doesn't leave)
    EWA #2: Did you really just say that?!?
    MoonCat: Yup! so, who's in for it!

Lunch then continued as normal (by which I mean we argued about homework, insulted eachother, and made me feel rather left out.), and technically, they never said no.

Doesn't quite work that way, as I recall.
    Recruited, kidnapped, same thing.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #766
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lunch then continued as normal (by which I mean we argued about homework, insulted eachother, and made me feel rather left out.), and technically, they never said no.
    You reminded me of this. Thank you.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

17. - Top - End - #767

NecromancerGuy

Still not quite grokking it, my dear. It's basically an opt-out program rather than an opt-in or actively co-opted program.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-09-23 at 03:24 PM.
    Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #768

Nope, I already had a claim on you by then.

Okay, so the group of Intellectual Emotionally Withdrawn *******s who I lunch with regularly are all boys, and I'm the only girl besides Black Star who hangs out with them. I tend to walk in and say random stuff when I join them at lunch (I'm basically the only one who gets school lunches, so I am always a few minutes late to their conversation.), so one day I sat down and was all like:

MoonCat: Guys, guys! I have an awesome idea!
    (dubious looks all around)
    EWA #1: Okay... what is it?
    MoonCat: Y'all are now officially my harem!!! ^.^
    (there is silence for a few seconds)
    (EWA #2 chokes of his lunch)
    EWA #3: What... did you just say?
    EWA #1: I think she said harem...
    EWA #4: Oh god, I thought I imagined that
    EWA #5: Well, I''m going to leave now. (doesn't leave)
    EWA #2: Did you really just say that?!?
    MoonCat: Yup! so, who's in for it!

That actually sounds hilarious. I want to be apart of it as well

Though you appear to have already decided that

19. - Top - End - #769

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    You reminded me of this. Thank you.
    Ooh, I loved that poem when I was little!

Still not quite grokking it, my dear. It's basically an opt-out program rather than an opt-in or actively co-opted program.
    Ohhhhhhh.

That actually sounds hilarious. I want to be apart of it as well

Though you appear to have already decided that
    Boys only.

I can't take in anyone who has their own haremites, and you've got Cobra. Sorry. <huggles>
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #770
    Ettin in the Playground

Boys only.

I can't take in anyone who has their own haremites, and you've got Cobra. Sorry. <huggles>
    ...I suppose I could join your harem, and Zodi could...mmm...come along for the ride...
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

21. - Top - End - #771

NecromancerGuy

Nah, you'd still run into the nested relationships problem even with eliminating the nested harem thing.

Nests. Nests everywheres!
    Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #772
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Dude. Coid. You used the word grok. Awesome.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Ogre in the Playground

Nah, you'd still run into the nested relationships problem even with eliminating the nested harem thing.

Nests. Nests everywheres!
    Well, if you change the data model... Using a purely dual-pointer system, with each individual having a vector of such pointers for who they're with, you wind up with what looks more like a Polyamory graph than a Harem graph... With subsets of the graph appearing to be in a Harem graph's formation.
    Avatar by me. It's Incendius Darkscale, a Good Dragonborn Dragon Sorcerer, Demonskin Adept, Prince of Hell, worshiper of the Platinum Dragon (Bahamut), specializing in Fire and Lightning, wielding a staff in each hand.

24. - Top - End - #774
    Troll in the Playground

Internet harems? Sorry, I'm taken.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2012-09-23 at 04:00 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

25. - Top - End - #775
    Ettin in the Playground

Okay, apparently pg-13 can be really, really squicky sometimes.

Anyone know of any forums similar to this one, but with a "pg" limit?

26. - Top - End - #776

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Dude. Coid. You used the word grok. Awesome.
    Eh, wot? Practically common lingo around these parts I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Thajocoth View Post
    Well, if you change the data model... Using a purely dual-pointer system, with each individual having a vector of such pointers for who they're with, you wind up with what looks more like a Polyamory graph than a Harem graph... With subsets of the graph appearing to be in a Harem graph's formation.
    Read the database perspective on gay marriage, have you?
    Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #777
    Ogre in the Playground

Read the database perspective on gay marriage, have you?
    Nope. My girl's been in the Poly community for a long time, and I'm a programmer.
    Avatar by me. It's Incendius Darkscale, a Good Dragonborn Dragon Sorcerer, Demonskin Adept, Prince of Hell, worshiper of the Platinum Dragon (Bahamut), specializing in Fire and Lightning, wielding a staff in each hand.

28. - Top - End - #778

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Thajocoth View Post
    Nope. My girl's been in the Poly community for a long time, and I'm a programmer.
    Might amuse you then. It's on qntm.org, though a google search for database perspective and gay marriage will get it. On the whole it should be kosher, but the comments make me loathe to link it directly.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-09-23 at 04:58 PM.
    Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #779

Internet harems? Sorry, I'm taken.
    Who would have wanted you in their harem?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon-freak89 View Post
    Okay, apparently pg-13 can be really, really squicky sometimes.

Anyone know of any forums similar to this one, but with a "pg" limit?
    What's the matter?
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #780
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Eh, wot? Practically common lingo around these parts I thought.
    Perhaps, but I had yet to actually see it used here. Or ... Well, it's not something I've ran into regularly.