New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XIII: The World's #1 Forum-Themed Hat Acquisition Simulator

Indeed, we knew about Australia all along. We thought you were just in denial and didn't want to say anything.
    Last edited by AlterForm; 2010-07-02 at 08:05 PM.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XIII: The World's #1 Forum-Themed Hat Acquisition Simulator

Quote Originally Posted by Scuzzball View Post
    Just a note, Tesla never had any blueprints. He had it all in his head. This apparently managed to piss of Edison, who then went and tried to ruin Tesla's career(Successfully, sorta. You know AC[Alternating Current]? Tesla.)
    He also built an atomic powered robot.

Ever wondered why we aren't being eaten by Eldrich abominations? Tesla.
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    He also built an atomic powered robot.

Ever wondered why we aren't being eaten by Eldrich abominations? Tesla.
    Indeed. But then the government confiscated all his stuff after he died. Such as his death ray.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Neftren View Post
    Aaargh. I want freaking Star Wars: EaW... except I have no way of paying for it except through gifting extra copies of L4D2. /bashfist
    Believe me, it is not that great.

Unless you also get Forces of Corruption. Then the awesome increases by a score of 987654321.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    Believe me, it is not that great.

Unless you also get Forces of Corruption. Then the awesome increases by a score of 987654321.
    The deal on Steam includes both the original and the expansion... hence: Gold Pack.

Which is why I want it. I've played it before, but it would be nice to actually have it as a novelty game to play when I'm bored. Lasers flying everywhere = Awesome.

So, does anyone want Left For Dead 2 in exchange for SW: EaW Gold Pack?

6. - Top - End - #456
    Firbolg in the Playground

Sure, if we can set something up soon.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ogre in the Playground

Got a Steam name?
    Edit: Better PM me instead. I have invisible mode turned on here, but I'll be around for another hour and a half. Or we can try something tomorrow.
    Last edited by Neftren; 2010-07-02 at 09:09 PM.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Neftren View Post
    Which is why I want it. I've played it before, but it would be nice to actually have it as a novelty game to play when I'm bored. Lasers flying everywhere = Awesome.
    Even better: it's very easily modded up. I think mine has it currently set up so that the Empire can create altered Venators in Conquest mode. Complete with ridiculous numbers of TIE swarms (unlike the ISD and Acclamators, it's primarily a fighter carrier) and closer-to-canon weapons loadouts.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Even better: it's very easily modded up. I think mine has it currently set up so that the Empire can create altered Venators in Conquest mode. Complete with ridiculous numbers of TIE swarms (unlike the ISD and Acclamators, it's primarily a fighter carrier) and closer-to-canon weapons loadouts.
    Yeah I erm, obtained the game through some seedy methods and like it enough to actually buy it now. Tried a few mods. I really liked the KotOR mod, and the Canon Mod... both of which were ridiculously unbalanced but I play it more for cool ships and massive space battles more than anything else really.

Edit: How is one supposed to join the GitP group when it's Invite Only?
    Last edited by Neftren; 2010-07-02 at 09:37 PM.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Firbolg in the Playground

How about the much better Chocolate Hammer group?
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post
    If we can find a sparsely populated server or something so we can all suck together, sure. Looks interesting.
    For eternal Silence, there are a number of servers that just sit there, unloved. Do you guys think you'll be playing it in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_In_Tonic View Post
    HATE. LOTS OF HATE. DIRECTED AT YOU, DRIZVOLTA. OH GOD MY MIND.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Well, I think the solution is clear. Don't download Steam if you don't have legs.
    Thank you Prime32 for the Rumia avatar!

12. - Top - End - #462

Quote Originally Posted by Ikialev View Post
    Also, why doesn't Sniper have a mustache? He's an australian!
    No. No he is not.

He's actually British.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Linker View Post
    The recursiveness of KBF's sig is fracturing my brain. OW OW OW.

It's like putting two portals in view of each other and staring through them into infinity. And somehow KBF sigged it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasatoHyuga View Post
    @^^ Hey! Someone sigged me! :D

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ogre in the Playground

*ahem* First "battle" on xcom, took like an hour to get to it... 4 guys died (DANG GRENADES), that normal? >_>

I'd like to consider myself an expert on strategy games (Fire Emblem 7, Hector Hard mode completed with no casualties), however this seems completely different. Main complaint is that there are quite a few buttons and I'd like to know what they do specifically, but the game fails to tell me, looks like I'll have to learn myself...

Probably start a new fresh game tomorrow now I've fiddled around, might make another till I think I've got a firm grasp.

EDIT: Oh wow KBF... XD
    Last edited by Volug; 2010-07-02 at 10:05 PM.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Titan in the Playground

*ahem* First "battle" on xcom, took like an hour to get to it... 4 guys died (DANG GRENADES), that normal? >_>

I'd like to consider myself an expert on strategy games (Fire Emblem 7, Hector Hard mode completed with no casualties), however this seems completely different. Main complaint is that there are quite a few buttons and I'd like to know what they do specifically, but the game fails to tell me, looks like I'll have to learn myself...

Probably start a new fresh game tomorrow now I've fiddled around, might make another till I think I've got a firm grasp.
    Yeah, X-Com is kinda mean like that.

And worse? That was beginner.

I've been banging around for a while, so if you need tips, I'm up for it. And it does get easier eventually. Still, on superhuman, getting done with only four guys dead isn't bad.

How big of a ship was it? Just curious.

(Also, the steam store page has a link to the manual, explains what the buttons do.)

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

15. - Top - End - #465

We have lots of groups. And three main ones. "Giant in the Playground", "Chocolate Hammer", "Chocolate Hammer || ChHa Server Group", and depending on the games you play, "Gitp Killing floor.", "Gitp L4d2", and finally "5AM Adventurers, Inc." which is useless, because I can't get an AHL server to work.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ogre in the Playground

The ship size? I think it said small on the geo-map thingie. It had 5-6 of those little baby looking aliens.

And yeah, I'm playing the lowest difficulty.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Titan in the Playground

The ship size? I think it said small on the geo-map thingie. It had 5-6 of those little baby looking aliens.

And yeah, I'm playing the lowest difficulty.
    Sectoids. One room or more?

And what buttons didn't you understand?

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ogre in the Playground

I only saw part of the UFO, at the end I just camped and let my soldiers with High Reflex shoot anything that wandered into their sights, it was effective enough. Er, if that's what you are referring too (SECTOIDS wut)

Buttons? What do we call them... Well for starters, the ones in the bottom left with the arrows and stick figures.

19. - Top - End - #469

EDIT: Oh wow KBF... XD
    Go to UFOpedia.org. That has all the X-COM info you could need.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Titan in the Playground

I only saw part of the UFO, at the end I just camped and let my soldiers with High Reflex shoot anything that wandered into their sights, it was effective enough. Er, if that's what you are referring too (SECTOIDS wut)

Buttons? What do we call them... Well for starters, the ones in the bottom left with the arrows and stick figures.
    Alright, if the UFO was bigger than one small box then that was a large scout, and losing 4 guys is totally within the normal. Doing that first time out is actually kinda good.

The arrow guy button is for elevators and flying guys. It means go up or go down.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Troll in the Playground

It's like putting two portals in view of each other and staring through them into infinity. And somehow KBF sigged it.

22. - Top - End - #472

Look again. I'm trying to make it worse, but I'm not great at anti-logic. I'm just an opportunist who was at the wrong place at the wrong time.
    Last edited by KBF; 2010-07-02 at 11:04 PM.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KBF View Post
    Look again.
    The tickets are now diamonds!

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ogre in the Playground

I bought Star Wars Empire at War Gold. I had played it (less legitimately than I should have) before the expansion and had had problems playing LAN with my brother (Desyncs) and ragequit. I think I want to get back to it and play it some more. It was rather fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drager0 View Post
    MY LIFE IS RUINED FOREVER AND IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU, VOLATAR!!!!
    My Twitter
    Awesome Yukari avatar by memnarch.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Bioshock's not bad so far. A bit overhyped, honestly, but still pretty enjoyable.

Good points: like scrounging for resources, setting, flow.

Bad points: Adam doesn't seem like the all-powerful god resource the game wants me to think it is, and it's certainly not worth blowing through medkits and ammo taking down a Big Daddy to get it. The whole Little Sister thing is not adequately explained, and I'm sorry, I just can NOT take the whole, "You grab her, angelic music plays, a white light engulfs her, and she instantly becomes precious and awesome again," thing seriously.

Frankly, the big tough moral dilemma isn't. The whole "they're not little girls" thing is pretty hollow when you can make them look and talk just like little girls by walking up and pressing L--so really, your choice is save a toddler and receive a largely superfluous resource or kill a toddler and get slightly more of that superfluous resource. This is Captain Planet levels of evil, here.

Also, the whole taking pictures thing is stupid. What is this, Dead Rising? I don't see myself learning more about how to fight a guy by taking grainy, out-of-focus pictures of it--not any more than I already learned fighting that exact goddamned guy.
    Last edited by Rutskarn; 2010-07-03 at 01:31 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #476
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KBF View Post
    Look again. I'm trying to make it worse, but I'm not great at anti-logic. I'm just an opportunist who was at the wrong place at the wrong time.
    It's true that I don't think that's quite anti-logic, but thinking about it is making my head hurt, so I think it accomplishes the goal sufficiently.
    Last edited by The Linker; 2010-07-03 at 01:42 AM.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    Bad points: Adam doesn't seem like the all-powerful god resource the game wants me to think it is, and it's certainly not worth blowing through medkits and ammo taking down a Big Daddy to get it.
    If you save all the little girls, you get the ability to mind control Big Daddies.

That ability alone invalidates all your complaints.

But really, using your plasmids can easily make the entire game facerollingly easy. ADAM makes that possible.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroNumerous View Post
    If you save all the little girls, you get the ability to mind control Big Daddies.

That ability alone invalidates all your complaints.

But really, using your plasmids can easily make the entire game facerollingly easy. ADAM makes that possible.
    Okay, for the first one, kind of spoiler warning. Secondly, you don't really know that, going in.

And I'm playing on normal difficulty, and so far, I haven't hit anything plain 'ol bullets can't comfortably handle.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    Okay, for the first one, kind of spoiler warning. Secondly, you don't really know that, going in.

And I'm playing on normal difficulty, and so far, I haven't hit anything plain 'ol bullets can't comfortably handle.
    Just wait. Juuuust wait.
    You'll come to need that Adam, and you'll come to need those Plasmids and Tonics.
    At the start of the game you might think you're doing fine with just a wrench and a revolver but soon you'll need to be throwing bees like you're Winnie the Bloody Pooh and Adam becomes your Hunny.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

30. - Top - End - #480
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    Just wait. Juuuust wait.
    You'll come to need that Adam, and you'll come to need those Plasmids and Tonics.
    At the start of the game you might think you're doing fine with just a wrench and a revolver but soon you'll need to be throwing bees like you're Winnie the Bloody Pooh and Adam becomes your Hunny.
    Well, that sucks, because I really hate fighting those Big Daddies. Not in a wow-this-is-a-challenge sort of way, more in a seriously-this-is-just-a-hassle-and-now-I'm-a-dozen-medkits-down sort of way. I was kind of hoping I could live and let live--guess not.

I did have some success with proxy mines+all of my bullets, but I don't know that I can sustain that tactic.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show