New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XLVIII: I say Ol' Chap, how about those Equestrians?

PONIES!!!!!!!!!!

That is all.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

2. - Top - End - #962
    Ettin in the Playground

Big ol' Raz Writing post.

To start off, I'm moving my stories - Bright New Days, All Hallow's Night, Misted Stage - onto FiMFiction. And part of FiMFiction's thing is that I need - or, rather, want - cover art for those stories. Does anypony have any recommendations? Would anypony be interested in drawing cover art for them?

Secondly, I'm officially working on Heroics again. Again. I'm close enough to the end that I can taste it, and I'm wondering - given what was already written, would it be prudent to put up on FiMFiction/submit to Equestria Daily? I'm curious as to Ponythread's opinion.

And finally, have a link to the second draft of my latest story, Dissertations on Dawn: Notable Dawns Throughout Equestrian History. Feedback is appreciated.

Thank you! This has been Raz rambling about his writing stuff.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

3. - Top - End - #963
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    When the show came out, it got a lot of negative criticism, one article in particular "The end Of The Creative Drive Era in TV Animation" used MLP as one of it's main examples to argue it case. Another article claimed the show was racist and homophobic. These sparked an interest in some cartoon and animation enthusiasts. They went and watched the show for themselves to find out what all the hoo-haa was about. Ironically, many of them liked it. Discussions spread across 4Chan. As the fandom started to grow, an obligatory hatedom followed. To cut a a very long story short, BIG EPIC SPAM WAR ON 4CHAN, Bronies later went ahead and created Ponychan.
    The fandom's beginnings had a lot to do with response to the initial criticism. Whilst many users on the /c/ boards liked the show for the artwork and the ironic side of it, many /b/ users genuinely loved the show itself. /b/ + Ponies = "Bronies".
    ....Oh
    Now I'm proud of not being a brony
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #964
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Another article claimed the show was racist and homophobic.
    Wait, what?
    Seriously, what?

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    ....Oh
    Now I'm proud of not being a brony
    Confession immortalized in a quote.
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2012-07-11 at 11:40 AM.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

5. - Top - End - #965
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Wait, what?
    Seriously, what?
    Here is the article in question
    And here is Lauren Faust's rebuttal.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

6. - Top - End - #966

Confession immortalized in a quote.
    ....What confession? it says "not"
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #967
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    In other news, tomorrow happens to be my birthday. But seeing how I'm in Japan, the LAND OF THE FUTURE, it is already tomorrow. So...I think it's my birthday? Maybe? This whole time-zone thing is baffling at best.
    ~HAPPY BIRTHDAY!~

You've had much pony and cake today haven't you? Well here's some more, 'cause I don't want to seem stingy:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    Big ol' Raz Writing post.

To start off, I'm moving my stories - Bright New Days, All Hallow's Night, Misted Stage - onto FiMFiction. And part of FiMFiction's thing is that I need - or, rather, want - cover art for those stories. Does anypony have any recommendations? Would anypony be interested in drawing cover art for them?

Secondly, I'm officially working on Heroics again. Again. I'm close enough to the end that I can taste it, and I'm wondering - given what was already written, would it be prudent to put up on FiMFiction/submit to Equestria Daily? I'm curious as to Ponythread's opinion.

And finally, have a link to the second draft of my latest story, Dissertations on Dawn: Notable Dawns Throughout Equestrian History. Feedback is appreciated.

Thank you! This has been Raz rambling about his writing stuff.
    I did do that picture of Vizier Fluttershy for Misted Stage a while back. If you're willing to be patient with me I can colour it and jazz it up a bit. Maybe add Braeburn in there too.

Oooh! I have motivation to draw! That hasn't happened in a while!

Dissertations on Dawn has been added to my fan fic queue.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

8. - Top - End - #968
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Nah, I'm just going to close the spot. Siuis, Brazen Shield, Forum Explorer, Amishpirate, and Soras Teva Gee it is. You shall all receive a PM whenever I get around to making a thread. I hope you like Oklahoma.
    OKKKKKKK-lahoma!

There got that out of my system now I don't need to make a large hammed actor heavily into musical theater.

9. - Top - End - #969
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    Ah, saving and reloading, that explains the no deaths. The mission was floaters with I think they're called reapers, right? Depending how upset you were with the deaths on that mission, a Snakeman terror mission may just break your heart.

It's kinda random but depending on location and the location the aliens feel like bugging, but 5 in one month is about right. And I think Terror Missions are almost guaranteed monthly until you can shoot down the Large and Very Large ships. Also what difficulty are you playing on? On some versions of the game the lowest difficulty is actually harder than the highest.

You don't have to write individual reports as you can get well over 100 ufos before completing the game.
    Spoilered research info, as it started to get pretty lengthy.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Do you have a Skype or Steam? It could help in getting advice over quick things. Laser weapons(specifically the rifle) are EXTREMELY useful, no ammo, rather accurate, decent cost for shots, it's wonderful. If you take that research a bit further into the Heavy Laser and later Laser Cannon, you'll be able to upgrade your tank(as in replace it with something better) and the guns on your interceptor. Then Heavy Plasma Cannon that is common among enemies is another great weapon to distribute to your troops, high power, large clip, okay shots, and the same deal with upgrading your ships guns(Do this, it becomes nearly impossible to fight some of the bigger ships without these).

Then If you can capture them once you have the space, [Alien] Navigator, [Sectoid] Leader/Commander or [Ethereal] Leader/Commander(actually I think any troop works for them), but most of the other live troops just give some random information like Engineers give you the specs on a random Alien Ship.

Alien Alloys if you haven't already, it gets the ball rolling on getting armor, Elerium-115 is critical get that done, you can't beat the game without it, literally not possible without it.

Generally alien medics carry this one, you want to try and get the Stun Bomb launcher, it's a small handheld grenade launcher that works as an area of effect Stun Rod. It makes capturing aliens a lot easier.

Research the UFO Navigation, Power Source, etc. as this will upgrade your ships and they will be able to handle more fighting wise, and troop wise. This also is attached to Armor I think at one point.

Finally just general research is a good idea, if you have 100 scientist with nothing major to research, split 'em up into groups of like 35-35-30 and just send them on research-capades. Doing research raises your monthly score, increasing funding.
    Yeah pretty much the first piece of advice I got for this game was have a lot of saves.

For difficulty level I'm on 2.

I was really upset about the deaths before I reloaded (No I didn't reload right away. Unless it was some stupid mistake I'll tend to play it out till most of my squad is gone.) So I am pretty nervous about future Terror Missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    That may have been the dumbest thing I have ever read. Trying to figure the thought process behind that is literally giving me a headache. So wow
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

10. - Top - End - #970
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    I did do that picture of Vizier Fluttershy for Misted Stage a while back. If you're willing to be patient with me I can colour it and jazz it up a bit. Maybe add Braeburn in there too.

Oooh! I have motivation to draw! That hasn't happened in a while!

Dissertations on Dawn has been added to my fan fic queue.
    That would be so awesome. Like, take normal awesome, then dump more awesome on top of that. That's the kind of awesome we're talking here.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

11. - Top - End - #971

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Elf Bard View Post
    PONIES!!!!!!!!!!

That is all.
    I like ponies.

This is the first reaction I had to that article.

And an excellent rebuttal it is!

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    That may have been the dumbest thing I have ever read. Trying to figure the thought process behind that is literally giving me a headache. So wow
    That article was troll logic at its finest. Somewhere deep down, I continue to hope that I'm right... that this person doesn't sincerely believe all that and just said it to drum up controversy.
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

12. - Top - End - #972
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    What happened? (Hugs)
    To put in a poetic and less painful way, we realised that the only thing we had left in common was our past.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

13. - Top - End - #973

Snerk. Pffhehehehe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

14. - Top - End - #974
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Elf Bard View Post
    PONIES!!!!!!!!!!

That is all.
    Cool story bro, needs more ponies.

Wait, what?
    Seriously, what?
    Yeah... It was by far one of the most ridiculous accusation I ever read.

Although, When I initially got into the FiM, I wasn't into the show itself (I watched the first two episodes, and wasn't too impressed). I was more into the art work/animation and characters. I didn't know anything about the whole "Brony" thing until much later when my friend said to me, "aw, you're a Brony". It was only then that I came across the whole fanbase and these... Articles... if you can even call them that.
    Last edited by Nameless; 2012-07-11 at 02:16 PM.

15. - Top - End - #975
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    You fail at sleeping.
    Yeah. I blame the chemical aid for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Oh wow. My Perfect Arrow tabletop campaign just ended.
    *throws rocks*

One player character became a Nazi. Like, an actual Nazi.

One player character joined the secret conspiracy of military leaders who run the world, sent Japan into a 20 year economic depression, and then became a sociopathic 'greater good' murder robot.

The third player became a worshipper of the sentient, evil dimension that hates everything and committed mass suicide with a cult of thousands.

Would you believe that the guy who became a Nazi was the most moral member of that party?

Japan went through a massive civil war and came out of it a third world nation, but the Nazi's faction were in charge. He then began planning on doing the same thing to America.

On the plus side... um, the God of Chaos didn't get released.

Wow.

That game.

And next session we're going to start a campaign of Genius: The Transgression. I'm thinking giant robots.
    Huh. I know you're glossing, but as Mage goes that sounds pretty tame. I mean, weren't their possible futures competing via time magic to see which one really happened? There was a point where flooding Nara was a good thing. I suppose that could relate to the whole Nazi thing though...

And I've gotta ask. What was up with Bycatch?

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    ...which stuff?
    Should I be proud, or changing every username I use? (I have a spare one planned!)
    Uh... I'm not sure! O=
    Although enough of it is stuff you could link here?

What's your next name gonna be? *curious*

Aren't you always?

That post did not surprise me in any way. Because thanqol.
    Ah. So it's not just me then. :3

Quote Originally Posted by SynissterSyster View Post
    Morning everypony. Hope all is well. Dunno why I am posting something mundane. Anywho have a super day all!!
    Why thank you! I shall try to have a super day indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Chess435 View Post
    <------ New avatar!
    Yeah, yeah, it's not a pony, but I should blend in well enough.
    Is that a Shaymin?

Anyways, the reason I stopping by the ponythread today, is a little something I've been curious about. How exactly did the MLP fanbase get it's beginnings? I remember reading somewhere that it all started, of all places, on 4chan, but I'm really not sure if I can believe that.
    Yuss. The story ha been told, but that's where the origins of the term /b/rony and /co/lt came from for fan followers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    I like ponies.
    *gasp*! Me roo! We should totally hang out.

And an excellent rebuttal it is!
    Are you hitting on me sir?
    Oh, wait. rebuttal. Nevermind. Carry on.

16. - Top - End - #976

*gasp*! Me roo! We should totally hang out.
    You're Roo?!
    Spoiler
    Show

We should definitely hang out then!

Are you hitting on me sir?
    Oh, wait. rebuttal. Nevermind. Carry on.
    I'd give you an example of hitting on you, but considering my earlier joke, I feel as though it would come off as odd now.
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

17. - Top - End - #977
    Dwarf in the Playground

Okay my pony friends I have a question for you. Out of all the ponies in Equestria whom is the least likely ship partner for Spitfire? I am looking at some fan fic ideas.
    If any of you wish to follow me my twitter is @RetroGamer1224. I am fun but #NSFW

18. - Top - End - #978

Okay my pony friends I have a question for you. Out of all the ponies in Equestria whom is the least likely ship partner for Spitfire? I am looking at some fan fic ideas.
    Snips.

Actualy, no. Go with...... Pinkie Pie.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #979
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    That would be so awesome. Like, take normal awesome, then dump more awesome on top of that. That's the kind of awesome we're talking here.
    That's a very good amount of awesome!

Hard to say, considering how little we know about her.

Let's say Blueblood, simply because there are so few ships with him that would work anyway.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

20. - Top - End - #980

So, in order to speed up ponythread, I decided to put a smile on your face.
    Spoiler
    Show

The best part? You have one now!
    Show

21. - Top - End - #981
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    That's a very good amount of awesome!

Hard to say, considering how little we know about her.

Let's say Blueblood, simply because there are so few ships with him that would work anyway.
    and as a Wonderbolt i cant see her being one to tolerate buffoons easily
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

22. - Top - End - #982
    Bugbear in the Playground

I do not see Spitfire x Zecora as likely, if for no other reason than one lives in Canterlot/Cloudsdale and one lives in the middle of the forest.

And for the Blueblood haters out there, think of the possible names of the fillies! Spitblood and Bluefire. There were no survivors.
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Stormpony Avatar by Dirtytabs

23. - Top - End - #983

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    I do not see Spitfire x Zecora as likely, if for no other reason than one lives in Canterlot/Cloudsdale and one lives in the middle of the forest.

And for the Blueblood haters out there, think of the possible names of the fillies! Spitblood and Bluefire. There were no survivors.
    There's also Bluespit and Bloodfire. I am pretty sure the last one is someones OC's tho.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #984
    Ettin in the Playground

Tom Dan.

She's a speedy, sky loving, wild spirit of adventure. He's a ground bound, immobile and inanimate rock. they fight crime!!

Actually. That could work. 0_o

25. - Top - End - #985

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Tom Dan.

She's a speedy, sky loving, wild spirit of adventure. He's a ground bound, immobile and inanimate rock. they fight crime!!
    Together they fight crime.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

26. - Top - End - #986
    Ogre in the Playground

Heck with it, I think I'll stick around here a bit longer. It's not like my SAN can get any lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Well, it depends. If the existence of a show so happy and wonderful that it can get the members of 4chan to embrace love and tolerance (or at least their version of love and tolerance) is what you consider terrifying, than I can understand your reaction.

We are the Herd. We are going to fill the world with love and tolerance, and not even 4chan can resist us.
    What terrified me is the fact that people on /b/ of all places were capable of feeling love and compassion, which puts it into direct contradiction of everything I've seen and heard about the place. What else could I be completely wrong about? My friends will be rather amused/terrified when I inform them about this.

Is that a Shaymin?
    It is indeed. I must admit, it's my favorite 'mon out there. For bonus points, I sorta blend in around these parts.
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

27. - Top - End - #987

It is indeed. I must admit, it's my favorite 'mon out there. For bonus points, I sorta blend in around these parts.
    I don'y exactly know how's a shaymin, never seen one, just my fav one is

Spoiler
    Show

Dude, even got the horn set to "drill straight to the heavens!"
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-07-11 at 05:38 PM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #988
    Titan in the Playground

Woo! I have nothing to contribute today!

(I've been grinding away at the Jalyrkieon MBT... Struggling a bit, I think since I made the fatal mistake of trying to create it from a purely mental image, rather than a scribble or homage to an existing vehicle. So much harder when you actually have to create it and go "no, that's not right..." I think I might coming towards the home stretch; have another look in the morning and see if it still holds up...)

Amish - Happy belated birthday for yesterday, or today or whatever time it is your fancy furture country or whatever!

29. - Top - End - #989
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    I don'y exactly know how's a shaymin, never seen one, just my fav one is

Spoiler
    Show

Dude, even got the horn set to "drill straight to the heavens!"
    Until Pikachu aims for it. Yeah, I know it was a Rhydon. The joke still applies, though.

Also, the Bulbapedia article on Shaymin.
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

30. - Top - End - #990

Until Pikachu aims for it. Yeah, I know it was a Rhydon. The joke still applies, though.
    ?, is that part of the anime? cuz only two I used were Nidoking and gyarados and they just ate everything in general

...wait, it's a hedgehog and that's actually a second form?
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show