New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Bleachitp:Reborn] Mortal World IV

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "I've seen it, actually. Fought it, even. They are quite a lot more troublesome that way." Hasunaga grinned. "Would you like another one? Maybe add some ice cream to it."
    Carmelia nodded her head once. However, at the mention of ice cream she seems to pause for a moment. Whether it is in confusion or hesitation, it's somewhat hard to tell. "That sounds...interesting. Yes, I would like another one with ice cream."
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Orc in the Playground

Hasunaga couldn't contain a chuckle. "You betray your identity as a woman, Carmelia. I thought you might like another sweet treat." He signaled Rosa once again. "Excuse me, could you bring another brownie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and some hot chocolate fudge?"
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

3. - Top - End - #183
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post

"Let me be honest: you coming here was stupid. That you did this well was little more than dumb luck. When a fire breaks out, you call the fire station; you don't run to the flames yourself, trying to be a hero." For some inexclicable reason, its gaze now seeks out Sora.
    Sora pales. Damn. He was so close, so close. He had almost done it, gotten away with it, made it without being noticed.

"No no no no no no"

But he hadn't. He never could. He hadn't made it in time to save that man when he was attacked by a Hollow, two years ago. He hadn't made it in time to warn everyone about the Hollow. He hadn't even made it in time to own up to his own mistakes.

"No no no no no no no no"

It hurt. Knowing that no matter what he tried, no matter how close, how god damn close success was, it was always out of his reach.

"No no no no no no no no no"

He stopped reflecting momentarily, and focused on the present.

"No no no no no no no"

Yui knew. It had to be Yui, no way in hell would anyone else know the exact speech he was given. If Yui knew, he was pretty much guaranteed death. He couldn't go back home, he couldn't go to his hideout, hell he couldn't even go to that old house he lived in from time to time.

"No no no no no no no"

Back up plans ran through his head. Possible aliases, reasons to leave, places to hide, he'd do anything, everything to get away again.

"No no no no no no"

Just like last time. Running away was always an option, always an excuse. A reason not to own up to his own mistakes, to throw away his old life and try on a new set of shoes again. Start over.

"...No."

It was a whisper, barely audible to anyone who wasn't standing right next to him. He wouldn't run away again. It wouldn't solve anything. He'd own up this time, admit to what he did. It'd work. It had to work. It was his last choice. Only one left now.

He turned towards the entrance of the building, his black jacket fluttering slightly as he moves.

"...I'm going home. I suggest the rest of you do the same. Rest up, reflect on what happened."

He begins to leave, hoping to head to the one place where he could be alone for awhile.

Where he could say hello again.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Kina is silent as Doompine dies. She lowers her bow, breathing heavily.

As the stranger appears, Kina draws another arrow and points it at him. One shot... one shot... one shot... She closes her eyes completely as she strains to keep the shot held in the bow.

When he disappears, Kina still seems tensed. She turns and starts walking outside, turning her aim upwards as she does. "Damn it... Stand...back..." Her face is red with strain.

A minute later an explosion fills the air around her, and she steps back, coughing and waving her arms at the smoke. "Damn it, damn it, damn it... stupid reflex... ow... Don't worry, I'm fine. My hands... um, they kinda took most of it." She wrings her hands, trying to flex the pain away.

"Yeah, let's just, um, go home."
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ettin in the Playground

Gabi turns to Sora.

"Stop right there."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Kaito had ignored Ken and Elder for the rest of the "conversation", instead tending to his parents. They were still unconscious. He was going to have to call for help getting them...well, not home, but to where they were staying. He turned to face Sora as he started to walk away.

"Hey. Sora."

If/when the Arrancar boy turns to face him, Kaito has a grateful look on his face.

"Thanks for helping today. If you need anything, let me know. I'll...I'll do what I can, I guess. Whatever it is."

He then gives a Nod of Respect to his fellow teenager.

At the sound of an explosion, he turns to see Kina recovering. Concern crosses his features.

"You alright, Kina?"

But before anything more can be said, the bird talks. A scowl crosses Kaito's face as he turns to look at the beast.

"Sora, you don't have to listen to the bird. It has no authority over you."
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

"Uh-um... yeah, I'm, um, alright. A little, um, raw on my hands. And hurt." She reaches up to rub her arm, then recoils and pulls her hand away. "Ow."

8. - Top - End - #188
    Orc in the Playground

Valeria winces. "Kaito, p-please..."

"Can we not all run off by ourselves? Obviously there's someone out to get at us!" The girl attempts to stand, but quickly falls over. She swears rather loudly in romanian. Gladly no one else in all likelihood can speak it, as she quickly recovers and looks to everyone.

"I know it's been a rough day for all of us, but if we let all this stress turn us against each other then it'll just make it easier for whoever's after us!"
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

9. - Top - End - #189

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    "Hey. Sora."

If/when the Arrancar boy turns to face him, Kaito has a grateful look on his face.

"Thanks for helping today. If you need anything, let me know. I'll...I'll do what I can, I guess. Whatever it is."
    Sora turns, and stops. Then a small smile crosses his face. He waves a hand, beginnig to turn back around. "Don't mention it Kaito-san. It was the right thing to do, neh?"

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Gabi turns to Sora.

"Stop right there."
    But before anything more can be said, the bird talks. A scowl crosses Kaito's face as he turns to look at the beast.

"Sora, you don't have to listen to the bird. It has no authority over you."
    Sora glances at Gabi, perplexed. "Oh? Is there something you want me to do?"

As Kaito speaks, Sora replies, quietly. He doesn't turn to face Kaito, still looking at Gabi. "That bird helped me find the Hollow, helped me find your parents. That's enough for me that I'll let him speak."

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken rose from his spot. "It might actually be a good idea to stay here for a bit. That stranger implied that people who would've dealt with the hollows had we not gotten here first would be arriving soon. Don't we want to meet them?"

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi looks around. "Thank you, everyone. If it wasn't for you guys..."

Chiyoko smiles. "Thanks. Um... I'm afraid I don't know any of you guys, though... I think."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    "Uh-um... yeah, I'm, um, alright. A little, um, raw on my hands. And hurt." She reaches up to rub her arm, then recoils and pulls her hand away. "Ow."
    "I...I guess if you think you'll be alright."

It's clear he's not very convinced.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Valeria winces. "Kaito, p-please..."

"Can we not all run off by ourselves? Obviously there's someone out to get at us!" The girl attempts to stand, but quickly falls over. She swears rather loudly in romanian. Gladly no one else in all likelihood can speak it, as she quickly recovers and looks to everyone.

"I know it's been a rough day for all of us, but if we let all this stress turn us against each other then it'll just make it easier for whoever's after us!"
    Kaito slumped to the ground between the unconscious forms of his parents.

"Valeria, this is the second time in the space of a week that my family has come into extreme mortal danger. I...I'm just not sure why it's all happening now. I just want to rest for a little bit. If you don't want us split up, can you see if we can all get transport now?"

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Sora turns, and stops. Then a small smile crosses his face. He waves a hand, beginnig to turn back around. "Don't mention it Kaito-san. It was the right thing to do, neh?"
    Kaito gives a small smile of his own.

"Something like that."

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    As Kaito speaks, Sora replies, quietly. He doesn't turn to face Kaito, still looking at Gabi. "That bird helped me find the Hollow, helped me find your parents. That's enough for me that I'll let him speak."
    Kaito's face becomes pensive.

"That is new information to me."

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    Ken rose from his spot. "It might actually be a good idea to stay here for a bit. That stranger implied that people who would've dealt with the hollows had we not gotten here first would be arriving soon. Don't we want to meet them?"
    Kaito wearily shakes his head. When he speaks, there's no venom in his voice. Only exhaustion.

"Not really. Not today. I just want to go home. Or the place that's replacing home right now. Then I want to sleep."

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ettin in the Playground

Gabi flutters off of Valeria's head and comes to hover around Sora.

"I know who that menos is. It is called Elder and it is a very ancient hollow."

Then it stops right in front of him.

"I also know you have been in contact with it. I could smell the fear in your soul. It was that thing that told you you are a monster, wasn't it?"
    Last edited by Draken; 2011-08-26 at 11:50 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

14. - Top - End - #194

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Gabi flutters off of Valeria's head and comes to hover around Sora.

"I know who that menos is. It is called Elder and it is a very ancient hollow."

Then it stops right in front of him.

"I also know you have been in contact with it. I could smell the fear in your soul. It was that thing that told you you are a monster, wasn't it?"
    Sora freezes, shock going over his face. Yu-no, Elder was ancient?

Then he hears the second part of Gabi's speech. He looks at the bird. He snickers.

And then he laughs. Real laughter, laughter he hadn't gotten to use in years, all just bellowed out. Stopping almost as abruptly as it began, he replies to the bird.

"Yu-Elder didn't tell me I was a monster. She was trying to make me human again, keep me away from fights like this." He chuckles, a leftover from the laughter. "That fear is from Y-Elder's threat. I didn't want to test it before and knowing what I do now I want to test it even less."

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ettin in the Playground

Gabi kicks Sora in the teeth.

It is noteworthy that the little bird shares a measure of spiritual power with its controller, in this case, the Queen of Hollows. So yes, the tiny bone bird is actually pretty strong. And made of bone, so pretty hard too.

"Threat? What brain-dead threat did you hear? That self-righteous bitch thinks whatever crap she is feeding you is in your best interest. What she tends to forget is that she is an idiot suffering of almost as many mental maladies as physical ones."

Gabi flies off back towards Valeria.

"And whoever that skull-faced lizard is living as, you will steer clear of it. Elder is a territorial hollow and frankly speaking, I think she just wants you to learn nothing and evolve as little as possible so she can devour you with no problem as soon as you are dead and your hollowed soul is out of the pile of meat."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

"I...I guess if you think you'll be alright."

It's clear he's not very convinced.
    Kina looks at Kaito with concern. "Um, how are you and, um, your family? Is everyone... alright?" Kina tries really hard not to rub her arm with her hand.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Kaito looks at his folks again, relief evident on his face.

"They look like they're fine. I can't find any real injuries, just some scrapes and bruises. Breathing and hearbeat are good. Me, I'm realy tired, but I'm not relaxing until we're back...crap, I don't even know where to go. They were at Mr. Mitsurugi's house when the Hollows came for them. And our house is still a mess. I...I don't know where we'd even be safe anymore, Kina. And I can't keep hiding my existence from them. I have to tell them about my powers. Even if their memory is partial, it's not right for me to lie. Not now. If I was the only one at risk from this, maybe. But they're in the target too."

As he speaks, his shoulders slump more, and a defeated tone has leaked into his voice.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

"Why not head over to the shrine? It's protected from hollows and Sayaka's father could help fill them in on things. She offered to let all of us stay the night the first time we fought a hollow together. I doubt she'd rescind the invitation now. Plus I could help carry your folks there."
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-08-27 at 11:12 AM.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Orc in the Playground

[Industrial District]

"That's a good idea... Kaito can stay with Sayaka; who else wants to go home and rest?" Val bites her lip slightly. "I don't think I'm in a state to walk, though, maybe I should go home too... Um..."

"Sora, can you take me home? ...Y-you can stay for a while, too..."
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

20. - Top - End - #200
    Orc in the Playground

"I think I should be able to help you kids in that regard."

That voice is familiar to Kaito by now.

Reiji and Sadako walked into the alley; the maid had an obviously rather concerned, one might say mortified look on her face.

"Kaito-kun, I think it's better if we bring your parents back to my home. I should be able to help ease them into this reality they're new to. Besides, I hired someone to beef up security so there won't be repeated attempts.

Besides, like it or not, you kids have attracted quite a bit of attention, especially with that collapsing building. The police and the fire department may be here soon, and they'll need explanations for what happened. I'll cover that."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Kaito looks up in shock.

"Mr. Mitsurugi! How did you find us? And, are you sure...No, you'd be sure."

He glances at Sayaka somewhat apologetically.

"Sorry Sayaka, but I think Mr. Mitsurugi will be able to help my folks a bit better. I'll try to give everyone a call or something as soon as I can."

He turned to face Reiji and Sadako.

"I can only carry one of them. Can you help me?"

22. - Top - End - #202
    Orc in the Playground

"We've been looking everywhere for you, actually. Sadako-san warned me of what happened." Reiji explained. "And I meant it would be best if we took your parents home... but you seem like you still have a lot to talk about with your friends. You're still my guest, so you'll have to come back sooner or later; we can talk then. You have my number, so ring me when you need picking up.

As for everyone else... I'm afraid I've never actually met at least half of you, so my thanks for looking after Kaito-kun and risking yourselves to help him will have to do."

Sadako walked up to Kaito and his folks with something of a relieved smile on her face. Quite effortlessly and yet carefully, she slung them both over her shoulders...

...looks like she was a lot stronger than she looked...

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken turned to Kina. "Would you like to?"

24. - Top - End - #204

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    [Industrial District]

"That's a good idea... Kaito can stay with Sayaka; who else wants to go home and rest?" Val bites her lip slightly. "I don't think I'm in a state to walk, though, maybe I should go home too... Um..."

"Sora, can you take me home? ...Y-you can stay for a while, too..."
    Sora seems deep in thought, after what Gabi told him. Elder wanted to kill him? But Elder had never said anything like that before, only threatened because of... of what he had been doing.

"Hn? Sure Valeria-san." He doesn't seem to really be paying attention...

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

Kina hugs Kaito. "It's okay."

Then she turns around to Ken. "Um, sure."

26. - Top - End - #206

Nakahiro does not look around as events pass around him. After a while, he kneels down and picks his umbrella up off the ground, a bit uncertainly. After he stands, he clutches his umbrella in both hands and says, a bit embarrassed,

"Uh, can someone maybe buddy up with me? I'm kind of, um, blind."
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2011-08-27 at 08:30 PM.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

"Um, what happened, Nakahiro?" She turns to him with more concern.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

Sayaka

Sayaka nodded to Kaito. "Of course. If Houheiden can do anything, please ask."

She was a little surprised Ken had offered, because Kaito seemed to dislike her home.

However, she did not trust this Mr. Mitsurugi. How did he find them? Kaito said his parents had stayed with him before. And then they were kidnapped. And now he was here after they defeated the hollow?

It wasn't going to be safe for them again there. What if Mr. Mitsurugi was the villain?
    And a maid was here too. Too strong. It is said one should never trust a maid.
    There was no position to ask the question now.
    "If someone needs help still..." Sayaka offers.

(ooc: sorry I don't know who everyone has injury)

Kazari
    "I can help heal too!" Kazari declares confidently. Sayaka and Kazari make a glare of Ice and Fire, but don't say anything.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

29. - Top - End - #209

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    "Um, what happened, Nakahiro?" She turns to him with more concern.
    Nakahiro shrugs.

"The thing I just did is like...overloading my abilities. I get a lot stronger for a few seconds, then everything short circuits. Unfortunately...well...that includes any part of my body connected to the enhanced items. I'm not going to be able to see anything for the next...probably about an hour or so. Also, my manual dexterity is shot. So...yeah."
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

"Sayaka, um, can you help Nakahiro? I'd help, but, um... can't, uh, touch anything for a little while." Kina holds up her hands for emphasis.