New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Banned

Lightbulb [Feat] You will do as I say...

The Voice [General]
    Your voice commands utter obedience.
    Prerequisite: Int 14, Cha 16, Diplomacy 10 ranks, Intimidate 10 ranks, Sense Motive 6 ranks
    Benefit: By controlling the subtleties of your voice, you can speak to a thinking, sentient creature's unconscious mind, commanding it in a way that the conscious mind is aware, but cannot resist. You must study the being you wish to use the Voice on for 3 minutes, and hear them speak at least once during this observation. While studying your target, you may undertake other actions so long as your attention stays focused on the target.

The victim must be within 10 feet of you and are capable of hearing you and understands the language with which you use the voice. If you succeed on your Intimidate check you may force them to perform any action that takes a full round or less to accomplish. This ability works on those normally immune to fear and they are not truly intimidated. This action is performed on the target's turn. Any subject forced to take actions against its nature gains a +4 bonus on their opposed check. Obviously self-destructive orders are not carried out.
    Special: Targets that possess this feat gain a +10 competence bonus on their opposed check.
    Last edited by The Vorpal Tribble; 2010-03-15 at 10:55 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: [Feat] You will do as I say...

3 minutes? That pretty much eliminates it completly for combat.
    "I reject your reality, and subsitute my own" -Adam Savage

3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fireball.Man.Guy. View Post
    Why? Just stay hidden as you listen.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hehe, good feat. Good books too.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

How do you define "self-destructive"? Could you cast an illusion on them (say, snakes on their arm), then use The Voice to get them to attack a part of that part of their body?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well, after the will save and the Bluff check I'd that wouldn't be too bad, since it'd only be one attack. There's rules for what happens if your arm gets cut off somewhere on these forums, I believe.
    Water, Earth, Fire, and Air: Benders of the Avatar world
    Monks and Rangers for a non-magical world
    Quote Originally Posted by KKL View Post
    Edition Wars and Nerd Rage destroyed Rome. Ceasar died because he was a crappy DM.
    Avatar By the amazing Mephibosheth

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fireball.Man.Guy. View Post
    I think it's mostly a diplomatic feat. The BG don't fight very much, and when they do, the other people die, quickly.

"Now you see the fist inside the Bene Gesserit Glove".

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

it's pretty interesting. Feats generally have odd-numbered ability requirements though.
    Combat generally doesn't last longer than 3 minutes though, and if you can stay hidden that long you can probably get other ways to kill them.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by martyboy74 View Post
    How do you define "self-destructive"? Could you cast an illusion on them (say, snakes on their arm), then use The Voice to get them to attack a part of that part of their body?
    Err, well... they'd probably try to kill the snake without also lopping off their arm.

The wording I used is directly from the Dominate spell.

Combat generally doesn't last longer than 3 minutes though, and if you can stay hidden that long you can probably get other ways to kill them.
    No, no, infiltrate them, watch them, and then sneak back to camp. Next time you meet them, use The Voice. You can use it at any time. You just have to have met them and heard them speak. Personally I'd love to have a DM allow it.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

When I first saw the thread, I thought, "Hmm, could be interesting." Then I saw it was by Vorpal Tribble and thought "Oh, it will be interesting."

Next, I noticed the name, and it made me think of Death. And his granddaughter, Susan.

Anyway, awesome feat. I think the necessity to listen to them for three minutes negates the otherwise unlimited use, but doesn't make it entirely useless.

Question: Would scrying work? If you can hear someone you scry on? Of course, if you have access to that, there's surely other options, but it's a question anyway.

Annnnd on another note: Is there a Vorpal Tribble fanclub? I'd rescind my membership in another just to join that one.
    Thanks to zegma for my awesome avatar.
    Proudly the founder of the Mr. Scruffy fanclub.
    We will not let Nessie down! http://www.petitiononline.com/PLEAOSAR/
    My DMs' Guild Stuff