Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

Default Re: Fairy Tail II: Second Generation Thread Slayers

New chapter!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well that makes Sabertooth out of tournament I suppose...

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Juri I mean the Sabertooth chick is shaping up to be a rather interesting villain.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Well, that was certainly disapointing, from a guy who talked so much about strenght Genma sure went down fast, though its not like it wasnt well deserved, the guy was a jerk and a fool.

Overall, if his daughter takes over then it will proberly be a net gain for ST.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Cen View Post
    New chapter!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well that makes Sabertooth out of tournament I suppose...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Maybe not. They still have their five man team, and none of them are the guildmaster yet. So technically no rules will have been broken.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Well, that was certainly disapointing, from a guy who talked so much about strenght Genma sure went down fast, though its not like it wasnt well deserved, the guy was a jerk and a fool.

Overall, if his daughter takes over then it will proberly be a net gain for ST.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dragonslayers are powered by emotions. After just heartlessly killing Sting's best friend in front of him? Yeah, I'm not sure anyone could take that blow.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #66

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by jindra34 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Maybe not. They still have their five man team, and none of them are the guildmaster yet. So technically no rules will have been broken.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, but I don't think Sting and Rouge will be in mood to participate :|
    Also Sting is now a murderer, right? Isn't murdering like a crime or something ;-)
    Last edited by Cen; 2012-09-21 at 03:15 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I think Guilds have some leeway and I can't help; but think the smirking chick from ST will say something like "In ST a member can challenge the Master to a duel to death for the leadership, and you can also choose someone to fight in your stead. I challenged Master and asked Sting to fight for me"

Or perhaps I am sleep deprived and only make sense in my head.

Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

I think Guilds have some leeway and I can't help; but think the smirking chick from ST will say something like "In ST a member can challenge the Master to a duel to death for the leadership, and you can also choose someone to fight in your stead. I challenged Master and asked Sting to fight for me"
    Spoiler
    Show

Fighting for the Master position makes sense, with ST's Might Makes Right philosophy- obviously you want the most powerful mage to be the Master so he can lead the Guild more strongly. Having a champion fight for you doesn't- that doesn't prove that you are strong enough to be the Master, it proves your champion is and should be Master instead.

9. - Top - End - #69

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Fighting for the Master position makes sense, with ST's Might Makes Right philosophy- obviously you want the most powerful mage to be the Master so he can lead the Guild more strongly. Having a champion fight for you doesn't- that doesn't prove that you are strong enough to be the Master, it proves your champion is and should be Master instead.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also that would make Sting or Minerva a guild master - breaking their tournament team.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Dragonslayers are powered by emotions. After just heartlessly killing Sting's best friend in front of him? Yeah, I'm not sure anyone could take that blow.
    Cough*Hades*cought

Also, had he been worth the title of GM he would newer have let it connect in the first place.

Or perhaps I am sleep deprived and only make sense in my head.
    Whatever internal rules ST might have doesnt matter when they break the rules of the kingdom, and i am pretty sure they have rules about killing your own guild master.

thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    As I said I am a bit sleep deprived and didn't think things fully. Besides I was talking more about the legal implications of killing the master, not their standing in the Tournament, which we know will be interrupted rather soon.
    Just call me Dusk

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, but I don't think Sting and Rouge will be in mood to participate :|
    Also Sting is now a murderer, right? Isn't murdering like a crime or something ;-)
    Assuming the bastard is actually dead I doubt he would actually be convicted of anything for lashing out at someone who just murdered his friend right in front of him, especially if this is a feudal society.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Eeep.

I went to read the new chapter.

And I went:

Holy **** that got dark fast. ST Master doesn't deserve to die that easily. He should have what ST chick did to Lucy done to him, be healed, have it done again, be healed, have it done again, and THEN be ripped into a million little pieces.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, that was quite a surprise. And kind of disappointing since we know hardly anything new concerning... well, anything but ST. As interesting as that was.

I guess Sting could plead self defense or something like that here... Who knows what that **** would have done next. he just took... the safest course of action. I like how Rouge jumped to protect Frosch. So cute. Though, I'd not be surprised if he didn't somehow survive... seems way to easy to finish him off. Then again Makarov nearly died to... what was that guys name? The one Phantom Lord.

Otherwise... we will apparently get some interesting stuff on dragons soon. That's pretty much it...

edit:
    anime spoilers
    Spoiler
    Show

So... Michelle/Imitatia was a DOLL. An effing doll. Okay, I can see a filler not being on par with the main arc but I call major BS on that one. Thanks guys, thanks a lot.
    Last edited by Kato; 2012-09-22 at 08:37 AM.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Spoiler
    Show
    ..... I didn't think there were actually Laws in the Fairy Tail universe. With most people being Magic and capable of blowing up entire cities by tripping (DAMN YOU SAKURAI), I sure as heck would hate to be the town guard.

"Excuse me, sir, but we have to capture this criminal."
    "What'd he do?"
    "Um... he kinda just blew a hole in the chest of the guild master of the strongest force of fighting mages in the country."
    "... I quit."

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

..... I didn't think there were actually Laws in the Fairy Tail universe. With most people being Magic and capable of blowing up entire cities by tripping (DAMN YOU SAKURAI), I sure as heck would hate to be the town guard.

"Excuse me, sir, but we have to capture this criminal."
    "What'd he do?"
    "Um... he kinda just blew a hole in the chest of the guild master of the strongest force of fighting mages in the country."
    "... I quit."
    Just in case you haven't read that issue of the manga...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Natsu: So why did he do that?
    Makarov: He basically killed his version of Happy...
    Natsu: WHAT he killed HAPPY! (goes ballistic)
    Happy: I'm right here!
    Natsu: I thought you said...
    Ezra: Idiot! He said the sabertooth guildmaster murdered Sting's Exceed companion right in front of him and Sting punched a hole in the guildmaster's chest killing him!
    Natsu and Gajeel glance at each other as the three Exceed's look at each other: GOOD for him!

Anime Filler:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pretty much figured that out when Gildarts and the other wizardress found out she was a spy, the fact she was Lucy's favourite childhood toy was a surprise though.
    Brain or whatever he's calling himself is overdue for a buttkicking, question is will he be absorbed by the infinity clock releasing Lucy because that would be poetic justice at this moment!
    Last edited by Hopeless; 2012-09-24 at 03:49 AM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless View Post
    Just in case you haven't read that issue of the manga...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Natsu: So why did he do that?
    Makarov: He basically killed his version of Happy...
    Natsu: WHAT he killed HAPPY! (goes ballistic)
    Happy: I'm right here!
    Natsu: I thought you said...
    Ezra: Idiot! He said the sabertooth guildmaster murdered Sting's Exceed companion right in front of him and Sting punched a hole in the guildmaster's chest killing him!
    Natsu and Gajeel glance at each other as the three Exceed's look at each other: GOOD for him!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well yeah, the Magic Mages would think like that. I'm thinking more about who has to clean up after all the guilds. 'cause this certainly won't go down easy.

You got your Dragon Slayers with their massive property damage, you've got guild leaders being murdered, you've got your innocent little cat dudes being blown up.... the local police force probably can't even touch anyone without the entire squad getting taken down with minimal effort. Especially since half of these crimes are being committed by the strongest gang in existance...

That's actually a good way to put it: you've got a bunch of Super Powered Gang Babies. Who's gonna even remotely keep them in line?

18. - Top - End - #78

Daemon

Spoiler
    Show
    Well yeah, the Magic Mages would think like that. I'm thinking more about who has to clean up after all the guilds. 'cause this certainly won't go down easy.

You got your Dragon Slayers with their massive property damage, you've got guild leaders being murdered, you've got your innocent little cat dudes being blown up.... the local police force probably can't even touch anyone without the entire squad getting taken down with minimal effort. Especially since half of these crimes are being committed by the strongest gang in existance...

That's actually a good way to put it: you've got a bunch of Super Powered Gang Babies. Who's gonna even remotely keep them in line?
    Oh? wasn't the point of Jellal hiding his identity to keep it secret from Magic Council Army? you know, the people who arrest rouge mages? you know, the magic police force. the people who fight mages. because they are mages too. and they can fight mages. cause they are, you know, mages trained to fight mages.

Assuming the bastard is actually dead I doubt he would actually be convicted of anything for lashing out at someone who just murdered his friend right in front of him, especially if this is a feudal society.
    He killed a cat. Talking cat, but still a cat. Yes it wasn't nice but in response Sting killed a man. And not an ordinary man - a leader of strongest guild in Fiore - so he was somehow influential. Killed in a town full of Rune Knights - a magic police force. No, I don't think he will be able to escape it in any legal way.
    Last edited by Cen; 2012-09-24 at 09:44 AM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Oh? wasn't the point of Jellal hiding his identity to keep it secret from Magic Council Army? you know, the people who arrest rouge mages? you know, the magic police force. the people who fight mages. because they are mages too. and they can fight mages. cause they are, you know, mages trained to fight mages.
    Oh. Right then. I'm surprised Fairy Tail's gotten away with all of their property damage, then. But I suppose that puts my thoughts to rest.

He killed a cat. Talking cat, but still a cat. Yes it wasn't nice but in response Sting killed a man. And not an ordinary man - a leader of strongest guild in Fiore - so he was somehow influential. Killed in a town full of Rune Knights - a magic police force. No, I don't think he will be able to escape it in any legal way.
    Well, he could claim self defense... though I agree this certainly isn't about to end prettily.

I thought that the creatures like Happy had rights... though I'm admitedly the least versed in the knowledge of Fairy Tail of the manga that I read. Probably why I love it the most; I'm ignorant of any of it's flaws.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Still, how powerful do you think the police mages are? It's not like real world, where more people=more weapons=better chance of winning. If a mage guild hoes rouge, I'm sure even the police force would be at a loss and needed to recruit another guild or two for a somehow fair chance. Otherwise, if the police mages were that powerful, why wouldn't they compete in the tourney or... something? Fiore is clearly strongly dependent on the goodwill of the guilds.

Are you seriously implying an Exceed, a talking, sensitive, intelligent cat is inferior to a human in a legal sense? You're kidding, right? Yeah, what Rogue did was not okay but it can be justified. And it wasn't worse than what GM did. Cold blooded murder against... well... kind of revenge or possibly self-defense.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

21. - Top - End - #81

Daemon

I thought that the creatures like Happy had rights... though I'm admitedly the least versed in the knowledge of Fairy Tail of the manga that I read. Probably why I love it the most; I'm ignorant of any of it's flaws.
    I don't think it was stated anywhere so we can only speculate if Exceed have human rights and laws :/ But judging from Jemma's reaction - I don't think so.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Still, how powerful do you think the police mages are? It's not like real world, where more people=more weapons=better chance of winning. If a mage guild hoes rouge, I'm sure even the police force would be at a loss and needed to recruit another guild or two for a somehow fair chance. Otherwise, if the police mages were that powerful, why wouldn't they compete in the tourney or... something? Fiore is clearly strongly dependent on the goodwill of the guilds.

Are you seriously implying an Exceed, a talking, sensitive, intelligent cat is inferior to a human in a legal sense? You're kidding, right? Yeah, what Rogue did was not okay but it can be justified. And it wasn't worse than what GM did. Cold blooded murder against... well... kind of revenge or possibly self-defense.
    See, this is exactly what I thought.

23. - Top - End - #83

Daemon

About power of wizard police - sure, I don't think they are very strong but they can fight in numbers untill oponent runes out of juice (like in Baldur's Gate 2 opening sequence - Ironicus vs Cowled Wizards). Still, it's hard to speculate about their fighting strength because we've never seen them in a fight ;-)
    Also - how do you think a guildless police member would be able to participate in guild tournament?

Are you seriously implying an Exceed, a talking, sensitive, intelligent cat is inferior to a human in a legal sense?
    I honestly don't know... would magic council even care to take time and make sure all of the... what... 5? 6? exceed were guaranteed laws equal to a human? I can see it going both ways...

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post

Well we've seen them recruit guilds before to take down a dark guild.

Now while an Exceed deserves to be equal in a legal sense does not mean that they actually are. So with that in mind perhaps the ST GM didn't do anything legally wrong.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

I honestly don't know... would magic council even care to take time and make sure all of the... what... 5? 6? exceed were guaranteed laws equal to a human? I can see it going both ways...
    Given that this is at least 7 years after the Edolas arc, and at the end of that arc all of them crossed over (iirc) and there were already 1000 in the world of Fiore, I don't think its as small an issue as you are making it out to be.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

Even if we assume that the cat was only property, such a blatant attack on another's property could be considered cause for lethal retribution in a feudal society, and Fiore is a feudal society, albeit one apparently on the verge of some sort of magic-industrialization (wasn't Lucy's father a railroad tycoon?). Remember that throughout most of human history legal justifications for homicide were easier to meet, and even under modern standards (mostly limited to self defense) Sting would at the very least go under a lesser crime.

27. - Top - End - #87

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by Drolyt View Post
    Even if we assume that the cat was only property, such a blatant attack on another's property could be considered cause for lethal retribution in a feudal society.

Oh yes, you are right. Good thing that Fairy Tail mages never destroyed anybodys' property while fighting or on a mission. they would be surely beheaded in a country with such a strict property ownership law.
    Last edited by Cen; 2012-09-24 at 02:02 PM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

IIRC the guild had some money issues due clients asking for compensation of the damaged property and there is also the "faux" arrest of Erza near the beginning of the story. So while retribution with deathly force is a first, retribution for damaged property isn't.
    Just call me Dusk

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Oh yes, you are right. Good thing that Fairy Tail mages never destroyed anybodys' property while fighting or on a mission. they would be surely beheaded in a country with such a strict property ownership law.
    Again, who exactly is going to come after them for it? The strongest guilds so far have all proven to be weaker than them, with some members capable of soloing entire groups of others. And, as you yourself have stated, the magic army hasn't been seen in action, so we really have no idea if they're this universe's version of Storm Troopers or not. Given how most generic guards are treated in fiction, it's probably a safe bet, though.

30. - Top - End - #90

Daemon

Again, who exactly is going to come after them for it? The strongest guilds so far have all proven to be weaker than them, with some members capable of soloing entire groups of others. And, as you yourself have stated, the magic army hasn't been seen in action, so we really have no idea if they're this universe's version of Storm Troopers or not. Given how most generic guards are treated in fiction, it's probably a safe bet, though.
    No. What you are implying is that the only reason why FT mages aren't in prison is because people are scared of them and they are too strong.
    Council could have easily declar FT illegal and make it target for other guilds. Yes the are strong, but they were almost annihilated by Phantom Lords. They can be defeated.
    Last edited by Cen; 2012-09-24 at 03:01 PM.