New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Thanksgiving Feats- [3.5, PEACH]

As the second part of my Holiday feat series, here are the Thanksgiving feats:

Holiday Fluff

We've seen them all before: the person who eats nothing but candy and wears their costume all day on Halloween, the person who stays up all night waiting for Santa on Christmas Eve, that enthusiastic drunk guy at every New Years party. These people embody the spirit of holidays. These Scions of the Holiday believe and obsess about the holiday they are devoted to so much, that their association with that holiday causes the spirit of the holiday to infuse itself within the Scion, granting it awesome holiday-themed powers.

Rules for Holiday feats

Holiday feats, for the most part, act the same as a heritage feat-chain, excepting one thing: Once you choose a holiday to embody, you cannot choose to embody another holiday. For example, a Scion of Halloween could not choose the Scion of Christmas feat and start taking Christmas feats.

Now, time for the actual feats:

Scion of Thanksgiving[Holiday, Thanksgiving]
    Benefit:
    You get so much into Thanksgiving that it begins to grant you special powers. You gain an additional 3 hp and a +1 per [Thanksgiving] feat on Survival checks
    Special: You cannot take a [Holiday] feat for any other holiday after taking this feat

Turkey-Carving Style [Holiday, Thanksgiving]
    You can apply your turkey-carving prowess to melee combat.
    Prerequisites: Two weapon fighting, Scion of Thanksgiving, proficiency with the meat-carving knife (Short sword) and the serving fork (light pick).
    Benefit: If you hit the same opponent with both your meat-carving knife and serving fork in the same full-attack action, you deal an extra 1d6 points of damage to your foe plus an additional amount of damage equal to 2 times the number of Thanksgiving feats you possess, as you carve off the perfect portion. This bonus damage is doubled when used against creatures with wings (functional or otherwise). This bonus damage does not apply to creatures lacking flesh, such as most constructs, skeletal undead, plants, and oozes.

Thanksgiving Turkey[Holiday, Thanksgiving]
    Prerequisites:
    Scion of Thanksgiving
    Benefit: As everyone knows, the best part of Thanksgiving is the turkey. Once per day per Thanksgiving feat you possess, you may summon a roasted turkey that can provide one meal for you + one other person/ 3 Thanksgiving feats you have. Eaters of this turkey regain 1d6 hit points.

Thanksgiving Battle Turkey[Holiday, Thanksgiving]
    Prerequisites:
    6rd level, Scion of Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving Turkey
    Benefit: Once per day per 1/2 the amount of Thanksgiving feats you have, you may summon a number of turkeys to do battle equal to the number of Thanksgiving feats you have. This summoning lasts for a number of rounds equal to 1/2 the number of Thanksgiving feats you have. During this time, you may sacrifice any turkey to regain hit points equal the remaining amount of HP the turkey has.

For turkey statistics, take the vulture but add hitpoints equal to the number of Thanksgiving feats the summoner possesses to the total HP, take away the flight speed and all attacks, and gains a peck(bite) attack that deals 1d6 damage. Also, it gains a bonus to its BAB equal to the number of Thanksgiving feats you have.

Rifle of the Founders[Holiday, Thanksgiving]
    Prerequisite:
    3rd level, Scion of Thanksgiving
    Benefit: Once per day per 1/2 the number of Thanksgiving feats you possess, you gain the ability to summon a rifle to blow away your enemies. This rifle appears in your hands an acts as a heavy crossbow, except that it deals 4x as much damage on a critical hit. The rifle is a +1 magical weapon. The bonus to the weapon is increased by 1/2 the Thanksgiving feats you possess. If you have three Thanksgiving feats, this rifle may be treated as a silver weapon. If you have 5 Thanksgiving feats, this rifle may be treated as a cold iron weapon. If you have 7 Thanksgiving feats, this rifle may be treated as an admantine weapon.The rifle is summoned for a number of rounds equal to the number of Thanksgiving feats you possess.

Thanksgiving Feast[Holiday, Thanksgiving]
    Prerequisite:
    Scion of Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving Turkey, 12th level
    Benefit: Once per day, you conjure a Thanksgiving Feast out of nowhere. This acts like the Heroes' Feast spell, except that the recipients receive a +1 bonus to Fortitude instead of Will, do not gain the immunity to poison, temporary hit points nor the bonus to attack rolls, and regain hit points equal to the number of Thanksgiving feats you have + 1/2 your Constitution modifier.

Brave Friends[Holiday, Thanksgiving]
    Prerequisites:
    9th level, Scion of Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving Turkey, Thanksgiving Battle Turkey
    Benefit: When using Thanksgiving Battle Turkey, you may instead summon two braves for every three turkeys you could otherwise summon. Braves are treated as 1st level Human Barbarians without the ability to Rage, and have bonuses to Knowledge(nature), Swim, Intimidate, and Survival equal to the number of Thanksgiving feats you have, and can make Knowledge(nature) checks untrained. Braves are equipped with only an axe or a bow.

Major Scion of Thanksgiving[Holiday, Thanksgiving]
    Prerequisites: 12th level, Scion of Thanksgiving, three other Thanksgiving feats
    Benefit: You gain a +1 bonus to Fortitude saves and Constitution. In addition, once per day per Thanksgiving feat you have, you may summon a super-turkey. This turkey is treated as a dire vulture except that it has a peck attack that deals 1d6 + the number of Thanksgiving feats you have damage, does not have a flight speed or other attacks besides the peck attack, adds 5 feet per Thanksgiving feat you have to its land speed, and may serve as a mount for you. Additionally, it gains a bonus to its BAB equal to the number of Thanksgiving feats you have. This remains summoned for a number of rounds equal to the number of Thanksgiving feats you have, unless used only as a mount, in which case it lasts 10 minutes per Thanksgiving feat you have.

Also, a prestige class for these feats shall be coming soon, called the Pilgrim.

Please PEACH
    Last edited by Pyromancer999; 2010-11-17 at 04:23 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Thanksgiving Feats- [3.5, PEACH]

First feat still has some Halloween stuck to it... you might want to scrap that off.

Size change to Small creates enough stat changes that I am afraid you really should just give a (modified) stat-block for the thing... also a greater HD (for purposes of saves and HD dependant effect like Sleep) would be nice.

Rifle of the Founders should probably be specified to be a HEAVY crossbow (more damage, but takes longer to reload), although a light one could make the feat more worth-while. Is it simply a critical multiplier of x3? Also, it really is a weak feat. It should probably start out as a +1 magic weapon and scale from there with ECL. Cold Iron, Adamintine, and silver should be options that become availible at various levels.

See above regarding the weapons weilded by Brave Friends.

The Super Turkey needs both a stat-block, and MOAR POWER!
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

Also, need statistics for the battle turkeys. Possibly give them a BAB equal to your own. And/or summon 3 turkeys/thanksgiving feat.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post

The Super Turkey needs both a stat-block
    Regarding the Turkeys and Battle Turkeys, I'm just not that good with monsters. I'm especially horrible with stating them out, so if anyone wants to stat them up, it'd be welcome.

and MOAR POWER!
    Any suggestions for boosting its power would be welcome, as I'm not really sure how to power it up w/o making it overpowered.

Also, some changes to crossbow have been made.
    Last edited by Pyromancer999; 2010-11-12 at 06:51 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5

RedWizardGuy

Some preliminary stats for the turkey, as soon as this is approved I'll get to work on the Super Battle Turkey:
    Spoiler
    Show

Turkey
    Size/Type: Small Animal
    Hit Dice: 1d8 (5 hp)
    Initiative: +2
    Speed: 10 ft. (2 squares), fly 40 ft. (average)
    Armor Class: 14 (+2 size, +2 Dex), touch 14, flat-footed 12
    Base Attack/Grapple: +0/-13
    Attack: Peck +4 melee (1d3-2)
    Full Attack: PEck +4 melee (1d3-2)
    Space/Reach: 5 ft./0 ft.
    Special Attacks: —
    Special Qualities: Low-light vision
    Saves: Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +2
    Abilities: Str 1, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 2, Wis 14, Cha 6
    Skills: Listen +5, Spot +7
    Feats: Alertness
    Environment: Farms
    Organization: Solitary, Flock(3-4)
    Challenge Rating: 1/2
    Alignment: Always neutral Always lawful evil
    Advancement: — —
    Level Adjustment: — —

6. - Top - End - #6

RedWizardGuy

As said earlier, I'm not too great at stating out monsters, so any comments anyone might have on the Turkey would be great.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

You've got a typo in the first feat, it says halloween.

These are great. I love them. The halloween ones too. Cant wait for Christmas, since I like to run a special Christmas-themed game that time of year.

Christmas adventures spoiled for irrelevancy:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last year it was a killer snowman that came to life one day, murdered some people, and then hid in plain sight. There was indeed some magic in that old wizard's hat they found.

The year before that, following an exorcism, the church of the silver flame's gargantuan Khybersef tree was possessed by the newly-excorsised Glabrezu and attacked the party with entangling tinsel and evilly sharpened glass spheres.

Needs a feat for making people drowsy, as after the meal. Also a tactical feat for characters dual-wielding a serving fork and carving knife.
    "To play a fighter is to play the game.
    To play a wizard is to understand the rules.
    To understand the rules, and play a fighter, is to understand the game."
    -Lycar
    My Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #8

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrick View Post
    These are great. I love them. The halloween ones too. Cant wait for Christmas, since I like to run a special Christmas-themed game that time of year.
    Christmas adventures spoiled for irrelevancy:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last year it was a killer snowman that came to life one day, murdered some people, and then hid in plain sight. There was indeed some magic in that old wizard's hat they found.

The year before that, following an exorcism, the church of the silver flame's gargantuan Khybersef tree was possessed by the newly-excorsised Glabrezu and attacked the party with entangling tinsel and evilly sharpened glass spheres.

If your christmas adventures run like that, then I think you'll probably be able to put the Christmas feats to good use when they come out. (Hint: You'll never be able to see Santa's Elves or Candy Canes in the same light again
    Needs a feat for making people drowsy, as after the meal. Also a tactical feat for characters dual-wielding a serving fork and carving knife. [/QUOTE]

Not entirely sure on tactical feats, but the drowsiness that you've suggested is actually going to be part of the Pilgrim prestige class, as a sort of augment to either Thanksgiving Turkey or Thanksgiving Feast.

However, the PrC won't be completed until after the Turkey and Super Turkeys stats are fleshed out, so feel free to comment on it if you want to see the Pilgrim PrC come along sooner.

9. - Top - End - #9

NecromancerGuy

Ok, so not really tactical but:

Prerequisites: Two weapon fighting, Scion of Thanksgiving, proficiency with the meat-carving knife (Short sword) and the serving fork (light pick).
    Benefit: If you hit the same opponent with both your meat-carving knife and serving fork in the same full-attack action, you deal an extra 1d6 points of damage to your foe plus an additional amount of damage equal to 2 times the number of Thanksgiving feats you possess, as you carve off the perfect portion. This bonus damage is doubled when used against creatures with wings (functional or otherwise). This bonus damage does not apply to creatures lacking flesh, such as most constructs, skeletal undead, plants, and oozes.

As for the turkeys... Didnt I see stats for vultures somewhere? They're about the same size. Yeah, there it is. Sandstorm, page 195.
    -Lycar
    My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #10
    Firbolg in the Playground

This may interest everyone.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

11. - Top - End - #11

RedWizardGuy

Ok, so not really tactical but:

Added, it's really good.

As for the turkeys... Didnt I see stats for vultures somewhere? They're about the same size. Yeah, there it is. Sandstorm, page 195.
    It's a good base for the Super Turkey (or maybe it should just be called a Dire Turkey), as the Vulture in there is the Dire Vulture.

12. - Top - End - #12

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    This may interest everyone.
    Interesting. Not quite sure how to scale it down, though. But know this: Somewhere, somehow, this shall appear in the Pilgrim Prestige class.

13. - Top - End - #13

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Pyromancer999 View Post
    Added, it's really good.

It's a good base for the Super Turkey (or maybe it should just be called a Dire Turkey), as the Vulture in there is the Dire Vulture.
    They're both in there. Dire vulture is on 152, regular vulture is on 195. So you have bases for both, really.

Edit: Also, glad you liked it! Cool!
    Last edited by Jarrick; 2010-11-13 at 12:22 PM.
    -Lycar
    My Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #14

RedWizardGuy

They're both in there. Dire vulture is on 152, regular vulture is on 195. So you have bases for both, really.
    Alright, looks good. Just added the instructions to mod a vulture into a turkey.

15. - Top - End - #15

RedWizardGuy

The Pilgrim is now posted. Please PEACH.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

I just want to say that I admire your work greatly.
    That is all.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Terry for my irate Nightmare Alchemist Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    Creed, you guys are awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Now for Creed to quote me and say something snarky. And the circle of life will be complete.

17. - Top - End - #17

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    I just want to say that I admire your work greatly.
    That is all.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Pyromancer999; 2010-11-17 at 08:15 PM.